[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, i'm planning on makin a rogue for my next character,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: C_rogue_revision02_C.jpg (82 KB, 744x700) Image search: [Google]
C_rogue_revision02_C.jpg
82 KB, 744x700
Hey /tg/, i'm planning on makin a rogue for my next character, and want him to be able to macguyver his way out of most situations. What random everyday items do you swear by as a must have for the sneaky adventurer?
>>
File: hairpin.jpg (32 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
hairpin.jpg
32 KB, 480x490
Might be kinda hard to fluff onto male characters, but whenever I make thiefy female characters, I always give them a hairpin or some other item or jewelry or ornament that can be used as a makeshift shank. I also usually keep it keep it poisoned with an expensive, rare, or powerful poison if the system allows it. It serves as a desperation-weapon, or something that can (usually) be brought into weapon-free areas without arousing too much suspicion.
>>
fookin' rope
>>
Non magical? You want, of course, the basic adventurer shit:

Two 10 foot poles.
A set of ladder rungs (so that the poles can be combined into one ladder).
Rope/chain.
Whatever slippery/sticky/flammable/acidic goo your setting has to offer. (To spill in the path of whatever's chasing you)
Lockpicks.
Iron-soled shoes. (So you won't get fucked by caltrops)
Any climbing equipment you can get.
Any little vials of poison (Lethal or sedative) that you can find, for slipping into drinks and injecting into necks.
A foolish hireling to carry these things around for you when you're not being sneaky.

Most of these things should be easy enough to procure, but can add a lot of mundane but effective utility to your character - they're classics of the D&D rogue!
>>
Smoke Bombs. I don't mean using them like in Assassins Creed or whatever where the enemies have retarded pathfinding and lose you instantly if you run through a cloud...

No, plant them in buildings and stuff when you need a diversion. People will see the smoke and instantly assume there's a fire happening. That was a really big deal back in the days before fire departments, and could capture the attention of the entire community.

If you have a mage in the party, any sort of magical item than can be "tracked" through divination or other spell abilities. Even if it's just a coin. It's essentially like placing a tracking beacon or "bug" on the target.

Scroll/Potion of Vanishing/Invisibility. Self explanatory if you don't already have an ability for this.

Herbs that induce vomiting. Incredibly useful to have if you poison a drink or a meal and then have to share it with the target.

Herbs that are only poisonous when mixed together. If you can plant these in multiple dishes, then convince your target to sample each one, you can poison them without risking that you actually get caught with poison on you. Guards can usually identify common poisons... but esoteric combinations, not so much. Alchohol-activated ingredients are also good for this, as you can eat from ever dish and simply abstain from drinking. The poison won't be tracked to the drink (which is just an activator) and will be hard to pin on you as you partook in every other dish.

Mirrors, for glancing under doors and around corners. Might be extremely expensive depending on the setting.

>>44212607 This. Do this. Always have a concealed or disguised weapon, especially if you get disarmed.
>>
>>44211714
Shackles. A gag. A bag easy to breathe through but opaque.

A mirror.

A spare change of clothes of a different quality than normal wear.

A bag of powdered glass.

Stilts. Adjustable.
>>
>>44213192
Whats the powdered glass for?
>>
>>44213907
Eyes
>>
>>44213907
Eyeballs and lungs, sometimes invisible stuff. Also good for barefoot things.
>>
>>44213192
Reminder when taking prisoners do not mix up the bags
>>
Marbles. Spoil an enemy's footing on a hard surface, or use them to check things like if a floor has a slight slope or the like.

If playing D&D, thunderstones, or better yet thunderstone-tipped arrows (they have those in the Arms & Equipment Guide for 3.5). Not for actually using as a weapon, but more for the ability to make a loud noise somewhere a ways off from your position, as a diversion or a way to signal without giving your location away.

Magnet.

Glue. The strongest you can get.

Acid. As a weapon in a pinch, maybe, but more for sabotage or eating through stuff you can't get open with lockpicks.
>>
A small lockpick hidden within your urethra. They never check the urethra...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.