[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you driven by self control and a desire for harmony, or are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: jedi_vs_sith.jpg (119 KB, 850x315) Image search: [Google]
jedi_vs_sith.jpg
119 KB, 850x315
Are you driven by self control and a desire for harmony, or are you driven by passion and a desire to control the world around you?
>>
>>44207334
Somewhere in the middle of that cause I'm a normal human bean
>>
>>44207334
I prefer Luke as in VI and with a green saber.
Prequel Jedis should have been like that, not like Ben.
>>
>>44207334

I hate how all sith end up becoming tyrants. There should be more that don't give a shit about ruling at all and just chill and do their thing without caring for everyone else.
>>
>>44207370
Plagueis was that.
>>
>>44207334

I am driven by the need for Mountain Dew and Cheetos.
>>
Wouldn't a desire to control the world around me have to begin with self control?
>>
I have self control, discipline, and a regiment I like to meet everyday.

However I am a very emotional creature, for better and for worse. I am Sith for sure, but really more of the "I'll challenge myself to new and great heights so that I may be the strongest me I can be" Sith.
>>
>>44207422
Shonen Sith.
>>
>peace is a lie, there is only passion
>through passion I gain strength
>through strength I gain power
>through power I gain victory
>by victory my chains are broken

Row row fight the power
>>
>>44207370
You could do it in SWTOR
>>
What happens when a sith gets his way? As in, what if he fully dominates all that he knows and is the strongest being out there, wihout opposition?

Won't he become a being that longs to keep things in that balance? Won't he desire for the one thing that keeps him at the apex of his power, an everlasting peace? Wouldnt the perfect sith become... a jedi?
>>
>>44207334
poor self controll but a passion for harmony. Actually, given half a chance it would be a desire to controll the world around me and stop everyone from being a dick to each other.

Hmm, has a Sith ever gone benevolant dictator? Was that Palaptines true plan? We never get to see what life was like for the majority of citizens, I mean sure there was a ruthless hunt for force users, but they were the ones that caused all the trouble to begin with, and what kind of governmont isn't going to try to stamp out an armed rebelion that is taking pot shots at it's command structure?
>>
>>44207432
Huh. Sounds about right.
>>44207455
Kek

Also, on the note of your post. I feel everyone who writes for SW misses that the Mantra for Sith is very neutral, as in, there's no explicit "be a dickbag evilcunt". It basically reads as "yo, emotions are powerful tools you can utilise to gain victory, so why not?"

Jedi have always scared me what with the lets take your children and turn them into unfeeling, coded warrior monks who are a proxy strike force for whoever the council deems a threat
>>
>>44207334
>Jedis
Fags
>Siths
Retards
>>
>>44207334
I'm driven by bigger guns, faster ships, money and bitches, man.
>>
>>44207334
Moderation in all things, the Sith and Jedi are retarded autists.
>>
>>44207531
>Also, on the note of your post. I feel everyone who writes for SW misses that the Mantra for Sith is very neutral

Well it's EU garbage and now totally non-canon.
Sith should be evil, that's their purpose in the universe.
>>
>>44207557
Get a load of this Grey Walker
>>
>>44207531
Not unfeeling.

Dispassionate. Feeling is fine. Feelings are good. But passions are dangerous. They destroy objectivity and reasoning capacity.

And when you can do stuff like control minds, throw starships across the building, and choke someone to death with your mind, that is an entirely healthy attitude to have.
>>
>>44207560
True true, they are the plot bad guys.
>>44207562
I'll admit that you're more or less correct, but the level to which they try and stamp out passion is a little creepy. Wouldn't it be healthier to embrace these feelings, and master them?
>>
File: hmmm-no-cat.jpg (108 KB, 775x1523) Image search: [Google]
hmmm-no-cat.jpg
108 KB, 775x1523
>>44207517
No. Benevolence does not include enslaving nonhumans.
>>
>>44207531
Friend of mine who's way more into Star Wars than me always said that then Dark Side's a bit like a drug in that it destroys your ability to see how far you've gone.

It sounds great, you use your passions in a way that's quick, potent, and lets you take what you want. Maybe what you want's great! You want to help people, why shouldn't you be powerful for that, even Jedi aspire to power in the Force.

Then one day you wake up covered in baby viscera going "its okay its okay this is for the best" and then one day you're a cackling old wizard throwing lightning because the Force don't do shit halfway.
>>
>>44207517
It could've started that way, but it ended with him laughing like a maniac and going "UNLIMITED POWER" real quick.
>>
>>44207560
Remember, Lucas is an infantile manchild who hates the idea of there being any grey morality in his setting. Jedi are 100% perfect warriors with an objectively correct view of the Force, while every single Sith that existed is a mustache-twirling villain unable to see beyond their latest plans for galactic genocide.
>>
>>44207581
even if their freedom is a threat to the stability of the empire and it is the only way to controll them without going outright anihilating them?
>>
>>44207576
Jedi do attempt to master their feelings; some by feeling them and letting them go, and some by distancing themselves from worldly pursuits.

Sith say they use their feelings, but the whole point of the dark side is to show that completely surrendering to the quick and easy path of hating your way to greatness ends in tragedy.
>>
>>44207576
Master what? Anger? Hate? Love?

The first two, they are only negative and will always end up fucking your life up. The third? Well, it's more about leaving yourself open to being manipulated by the dark side. You're more likely to get angry, frustrated, or scared when your loved ones are involved.

You can't care about stuff personally, you have to care about the big picture an keeping people safe.
>>
>>44207604
Yeah it turns out sticking your dick in evil's a great way to become evil, who knew.

Surely your obsession with getting the force lightning and the plot armor's much more mature and nuanced.
>>
>>44207576
You cannot 'master' passions. If you could, they'd be feelings, not passions. You can draw strength from them, and that's what Sith do. their passions rule them because that's the source of their strength.

It's a matter of Willpower (Jedi) vs Emotion (Sith). And yes, the idea that Sith are always evil is stupid. But think of it this way: if the passion of a Sith lord is involved in helping, assisting,. and making things better for others, or protectign others....what makes you think they'd be any different from a jedi in actions? They wouldn't have a place in any of the trilogy because they'd be off taking care of business instead of trying to take over the galaxy.

You don't hear about good Sith because they're not involved in anything you'd consider wrothy of notice outside of their small, isolated areas of interest - their passion drives them but their passion is not for the universe at large.

Even if Palpatine was trying to pull "I'm walking the high road but there are sacrifices to be made" situation, he wouldn't have needed to kill anyone at all. Discredit, misinform, dfecieve, yes. The only reason he had people killed is because they were threats to his success.

He literally couldn't be sensed by the Jedi - he never needed to kill any of them. Even if they'd stumbled onto his activities, they had no real political clout - they would have been literasl badguys if they'd tried to stop him without proof and they had NONE. Killing them served no purpose other than revenge and hate.
>>
>>44207604
>Remember, Lucas is an infantile manchild who hates the idea of there being any grey morality in his setting.

Remember, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The only infants are those who try and force "grey morality" in places it doesn't belong.
>>
>>44207606
I'm sorry, you consider wookies a threat to human civilization? How the fuck do you reason that out?
>>
>>44207633
More importantly, there is no "Human civilization" in star wars.

There are human majority worlds, and cultures that are almost entirely human, but the galactic scale organizations are multi-racial simply because they have to be.
>>
>>44207625
>Even if they'd stumbled onto his activities
They didn't need to.
Dooku flat out told Obi-Wan what was going on in Ep. 2, Obi didn't believe him. He didn't believe it was possible for a Sith lord to control the senate.
>>
>>44207517
Palpatine was a cunt, but Vader could have made a reasonably benevolent emperor, especially with Luke as his right hand man.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>44207581
Nor is kidnapping Force Sensitive babies to raise them as assassins or sticking them in some kind of Minority Report machine. I like the Sith for being cool villains but I don't pretend they're misunderstood anti-heroes trying to make the galaxy a better place.
>>
>>44207646
While we're at it, the tenant situation and nationalized industries on the outer rim weren't exactly a free society either. The pro-human stance of the Empire always read as a blatant social control tool to me.
>>
>>44207334
Passion. It would definitely be a more interesting thing to be.
>>
File: 1450126857086.jpg (378 KB, 1650x968) Image search: [Google]
1450126857086.jpg
378 KB, 1650x968
>tfw prefer sith
>people will always think you want to be a bad guy
>they dont know that the sith arent evil
>its not canon anymore
>>
>>44207670
Revan, while he was a Sith, was evil though. He was corrupted by the Dark Side.

He got out, and realized what he was doing had been wrong.
>>
>>44207633
I beat one in a game of chess once.

on a more serious note how do you know that they aren't? there aren't any wookie force users are there? the force is the glue that holds the universe together, they could well be force parasites who weaken it just by their very existance. If allowed to spread unchecked they could cause untold damage. Yes I know this is wild conjecture but we don't know what information he had access to that we don't.
>>
>>44207626
Also there's absolutely gray morality in star wars, half the heroes are criminals.

Just the Force demands commitment from people who use it; there's a reason all of these space wizards have religious or mystical trappings, because you need the kind of focus those tools bring to handle it.
>>
>>44207560
>Well it's EU garbage and now totally non-canon.
Pretty sure KOTOR indirectly featured in Star Wars Rebels recently.
>>
>>44207685
Sweet, tell me when it directly features.
>>
>>44207678
No he wasn't, he was corrupted yes but he broke out of it and decided to conquer the republic so that he could prepare it for the siths invasion.
>>
>>44207334
Neither, because I am not connected to mystical energy that twists me based on my emotions and use of it
>>
>>44207680
Because the information we're presented with says they aren't. Its a story, what they tell us is what we have to work with.

That's a great line for a fanatical Palpatine apologist, though. That could make a cool NPC.
>>
>>44207670
I wouldn't even call Revan a sith, at least not at his or her peak. S/he is the only person to complete the training to both not once but twice and had the experience to put the very best of both philosophies together I'm the most elegant way like a Force Bruce Lee.
>>
File: neutral.jpg (17 KB, 353x270) Image search: [Google]
neutral.jpg
17 KB, 353x270
>>44207334
I am not driven by either harmony or passion, controling everything or helping everyone is not interesting to me.
>>
>>44207697
Kreia pls
>>
>>44207694
He was murdering innocent people.

He had let the Mandalorian wars go to his head, he though only he could solve the galaxies problems. That's why instead of going to the Republic and showing them the Empire, he decided to start blowing up civilians and making his own empire.
>>
>>44207699
But if we are going to explore motives and reasons behind them then we are already working with unknowns.
Have you never spent half a story trying to work out what the author has implied or omited, and will they be key to the final outcome? Forgive me if I have missed something but we just don't know if episode 8 or 9 is going to end up with Luke finding Palpatines notes and forming the perfect union between the Jedi and Sith philosophies.
>>
>>44207771
This is gold, keep going, I'm gonna write this shit down for my next Star Wars game.

Now how is the destruction of Alderaan Leia's fault.
>>
>>44207759
>he was murdering innocent people
Like who?
>inb4 political opponents

The jedi were incompetent pussies, if he had gone back and told them that there were hidden sith the jedi would not have done shit and would have dismissed him. The star forge by design is a dark side thing so the jedi wouldn't even use it. Malak is the one who went full evil.
>>
File: 125612512.jpg (55 KB, 352x800) Image search: [Google]
125612512.jpg
55 KB, 352x800
>>44207334
WE WUZ JEDI N SHIT
>>
>>44207781
because the stupid bitch got caught
>>
>>44207781
Yes, that one IS tricky. I've been trying to work it out in the hopes that I would be able to come up with a rationalisation before you asked the question.
I may need to get back to you, the best I can come up with so far is that he had to force the rebels hand, to end the rebelion quickly (one way of the other), and prevent the destruction of even more worlds if the conflict was allowed to became a standing war.
>>
>>44207783
Any number of people on the planets he was invading a bombing for no reason.

He was actively fighting a war against the republic for no reason. That's evil enough.

Also.

>star forge by design is a dark side thing

Yes, that's the fucking problem. It makes you a self-centered dick just being around it. He should never have used it in the first place.
>>
>>44207588
That just means that the Jedi are concerned soccer moms who think one hit will have you worshipping Satan and selling your body on the streets.
One hit won't kill you.
>>
>>44207828
I'm starting to think you never played both kotors.
>>
>self control and a desire for harmony,
>harmony

Theres that fucking word again.

>driven by passion and a desire to control the world around you?

Who the FUCK doesnt want to change the world?
>>
>>44207828
no revan only destroyed planets that would weaken the republic as a whole
he left important manufacturing and military locations intact, as well as planets with important people
malak went full retard and just randomly destroyed shit
>>
>>44207334
Complacency and ennui, mostly.
>>
>>44207737
>Kreia pls
It's kinda true. I mean, come on. The Force is a pretty crude thing whose only real use lies in better target shooting. Beyond that it makes you either a detached twat or a complete asshole, and neither is very productive.
>>
File: TLG.jpg (38 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
TLG.jpg
38 KB, 500x333
Meanwhile normal people laugh at both groups while eating fruit salad.
>>
>>44207878
It's pretty useful when you attain great mastery
Too bad it requires centuries of training and having shitload of talent
>>
>>44207891
and then get wiped out en mass doring a minor power play.
>>
>>44207864
Just because he wasn't wiping pathetic planets from the face of the galaxy doesn't mean he was killing people for essentially no reason.
>>
>>44207819
Someone beat you to it.

>>44207806
I laughed out loud.
>>
I am driven by logical reasons and a lack of hypocrisy.
Add a fetish for asses, the dream of having two wives who share my fetishes, also a very habitable planet that is totally forgotten by everyone else and I am set.
>>
File: Men_Laughing_With_Salad2.jpg (138 KB, 302x397) Image search: [Google]
Men_Laughing_With_Salad2.jpg
138 KB, 302x397
>>44207941
People tend to die when they are killed.
>>
>>44207334
I am not. Hope that helps.
>>
>>44207976
and here I was thinking we were having a (semi-) serious conversation, oh well
>>
>>44207914
Exactly. It's kind of like knife fighting. Great when you're good at it but just as likely to injure yourself or be downright ineffective for most who try.

Being a Rank-and-file Jedi SUCKS.
>>
>>44207680
>there are no force sensitive wookiees
>who is tyvokka
>who is lowbacca

The only reason they didn't put more jedi wookiees in the EU is because one of the autors openly stated that was "overkill"
>>
>>44207685
I'm old school sw and what the fuck is star wars rebels?
>>
File: samara_09_by_johntesh.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
samara_09_by_johntesh.jpg
454 KB, 1920x1080
By Star Wars logic Samara would have been a Sith.
>>
>>44208245
>what the fuck is star wars rebels?
It elaborates on the events prior to the destruction of the first death star. Which isn't really interesting and the protagonist is a generic LOLSOCOCKY twit the way you've seen in a hundred CN network shows before.
>>
>>44207517
>Emps
>benevolent dictator
>literally uses WMDs against his own civilian population
>>
>>44208245
The new cartoon show that replaced TCW.
It's not very good but it has its moments. Also it has the most fucking retarded specialty lightsaber since the light-tonfa from Star Wars Legacy.
>>
>>44208260
I prefer to see her as a deconstruction of the Jedi.

An order of monastic warriors with telekinetic powers given free reign to enforce justice across their home territory however they see fit, including the use of lethal force without any legislative oversight. Beholden only to an ascetic code that defines what is right and what is wrong and believing that any deviation from that code is worse than death.

The Justicars are basically the Jedi without the universe being written to confirm them as pure good guys, so they come across how the Jedi honestly should sometimes. Terrifyingly powerful, literal-minded knight templars who will either kill you or drag you away because you offend their personal code of ethics, and their entire society is just okay with them doing as they please and never offering a word of dissent or opposition to them being judge jury and executioner.

And while overall a force for good in the universe they can seem downright sociopathic or take action against a protagonist whose methods or actions doesn't perfectly conform to a code only they know but still expect everyone else to be subject to.
>>
File: Last Stand.webm (3 MB, 1040x442) Image search: [Google]
Last Stand.webm
3 MB, 1040x442
>>44208245
>>44208269
>>44208293
If you want a good Star Wars show just go back and watch Clone Wars, I plan on re-watching that rather than going into Rebels, which I gave an honest chance but never grabbed me, though some episodes look alright. I'm just not willing to wade through the kiddy show stuff to get to the hidden gems.
>>
>>44207334
Neither.
I mostly just do what I need to do to get by and help out my friends and family when and where I can do, and I'll be perfectly honest in that I could give a fuck about what anybody else does so long as they don't get up in my shit and start telling me what they think I should do with my own damn life.
>>
>>44208301
I prefer to see her as a deconstruction of that cleavage.
>>
File: 1394341150764.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1394341150764.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>44207341
>cause I'm a normal human bean
>normal human bean
>bean
I wonder what that would taste like
>>
Jedi are unnecessary; there are (relatively speaking) a bunch of force sensitive races and organizations that don't fall to the darkside with the same speed troubled Jedi do.
They are their own worst enemy.
>>
>>44207341
Human Bean, the most dangerous bean of all
>>
>>44208313
>If you want a good Star Wars show just go back and watch Clone Wars, I plan on re-watching that rather than going into Rebels, which I gave an honest chance but never grabbed me, though some episodes look alright. I'm just not willing to wade through the kiddy show stuff to get to the hidden gems.
I have no issue with "kiddie" stuff (I watch Precure for pete's sake), but Rebels just went out of its way to be as dumb and condescendingly simple as possible, which is just annoying.
>>
>>44208362
I think the reason they fall is because their code and standards are so strict. They're trained and expected to keep incredibly high standards that one slip up sends them into a cascade of despair and self doubt that fuels their fall.

Meanwhile other groups that are a lot more relaxed don't provoke existential crises in their people whenever they make the slightest error or failure before their code.

Also because the Jedi are trained to ignore their emotions rather than control them, so when their defenses do crack they seem to have no idea what to do to solve comparatively minor problems.
>>
>>44207341
>Somewhere in the middle
Star wars is all about extremes. These only cause more problems.
Also, prepare your anus for so much star wars marketing that you will wish for death.
>>
>>44207334
I think what some folks are missing from you question is that they think it is a all or nothing, Jedi or Sith choice. There are other force using groups in the galaxy, some of which even advocate finding a balance between passion and peace.
>>
>>44207334
Grey jedi are best jedi
>>
>>44208313
>I'm just not willing to wade through the kiddy show stuff to get to the hidden gems
Then how can you stand watching Clone Wars?
>>
File: HeartFullofNeutrality.jpg (63 KB, 607x460) Image search: [Google]
HeartFullofNeutrality.jpg
63 KB, 607x460
>>44207712
Neutral bastard!
>>
>>44208384
Exactly, the reason Clone Wars was great was because it never talked down to its audience. It was like Batman TAS or Gargoyles in that regard, a show for kids but it never used the excuse 'they're just kids' to justify dumbing things down, and actually treated its audience like they had functioning brains and would appreciate quality.

While I found the writing in Rebels to be pretty funny and sharp, I got fed up with adults being written as overgrown children or doing stupid things because the kids would find it funny.

I mean really, a Mandalorian who's obsessed with graffiti? Or that one alien guy who leaves Ezra exposed and getting shot at by Stormtroopers until he says he's sorry about some slight? They're written as overgrown kids and the threat isn't shown as being serious.

I mean for all the battle droid humor and general incompetence in Clone Wars they could still be terrifying and it was obvious they were still a real threat when the chips were down. You'd never see a character there leave a crewmate in the open getting shot at while taunting them.
>>
I think part of the confusion everyone has over Star Wars comes from dipshit authors confusing the genre it belongs to; it's NOT a realistic space opera with moral relativity and vague lines between good and evil.

It was designed literally from the outset to be as morally complex as an Indiana Jones film, which is perhaps unsurprising as it's MADE by the guys who made Indiana Jones.
Star Wars isn't "moral relativity realistic space opera", it's basically Flash Gordon-style pulp scifi adventures with literal space magic used by magical space knights for good and justice.

Anyone who wants SW to be anything else is basically that kind of fan who just super wishes that his pet franchise was super relevant to absolutely everything and not the rollicking shoot the thinly-veiled Space Nazis and get into magical laser sword fights feel-good film series it was entirely designed to be in the first place.
>>
>>44208435
The Empire did nothing wrong
>>
>>44208435
Agreed, it doesn't mean you are dumb for liking it, it just means you (like everyone) enjoy something uncomplicated and fun on occasion.
>>
>>44208429
>Exactly, the reason Clone Wars was great was because it never talked down to its audience. It was like Batman TAS or Gargoyles in that regard, a show for kids but it never used the excuse 'they're just kids' to justify dumbing things down, and actually treated its audience like they had functioning brains and would appreciate quality.

I think this is a lot more important then people realize; kids do not KNOW much yet, but they sure as shit aren't stupid in most cases and it's been proven numerous times that they remember and recall stuff much faster then adults can, which is why anyone who's spent time around a kid can tell you how they can recount every single line of their favorite kids films.
Grab a kid's attention with a story he can remember and doesn't talk down to him and then you have a fan of your franchise literally for the rest of his natural life, no joke.
>>
>>44208429
I thought the Mandalorian was a teenager?
>>
>>44208447
The Empire are Pulp Space Nazis, and are two-dimensional caricatures. By design.
And that's totally okay, because it's fun that way.
>>44208463
Exactly.
Like, I enjoy SW but everytime someone gets into long-winded arguments about it's moral relativity I roll my eyes so far back I can see my fucking brains because somehow when the adulthood was handed out they forgot to stand in line.
>>
>>44208467
>I think this is a lot more important then people realize; kids do not KNOW much yet, but they sure as shit aren't stupid in most cases and it's been proven numerous times that they remember and recall stuff much faster then adults can,
Exactly. As an educator I sometimes feel like pulling out my fucking hair when people think kids are stupid rather than just not very experienced.

As an aside: If you want to explain someone the difference between INT and WIS (or Intelligence and Wits), this is a fairly good example.

>>44208429
Said it better than I could have, yes. Understanding your audience isn't the same as disrespecting your audience, in fact the two are diametrically opposed.

It's honestly kind of embarrassing because each time they someone -anyone- gets that right the show blows up like nobody's business and generates money like crazy.
>>
Indulging your emotions is not bad or means you want to control everyone and everything around you.
In fact Jedi philosophy is more inclined to control things
>>
>>44207334
I'm driven by the desire to see Star Wars relegated to the past like the uninteresting setting with three decent movies set in it which it is.
>>44208358
Newfags lurk moar.
>>
>>44207334
Yellow lightsaber a best.
>>
>>44207334
I'm driven by a endless cycle of laundry, dishes, and garbage, which consume approximately 7 hours of free time from me each week.
>>
>>44208600
Nah, purple's the best. Yellow's a decent choice though.
>>
>>44208600
>>44208702
special snowflake alert
>>
>>44208260
Justicars are a pretty horrifying institution. You'd not want to have them in your society.
>>
File: Dude 1.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dude 1.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>44207334
Harmony I guess, though I'm of the opinion that the prequels ret-conning the sith into the universe after Spielberg made sure they landed on the cutting room floor in the real movies was a mistake.
>>
>>44208741
Sentinels are best jedi, guardians just fuck around and consulars make terrible decisions.
>>
>>44208799
I think what's been noted is that they barely ARE present in asari society; Samara mentions that there's less and less each year simply because the sheer commitment required (your entire remaining natural lifespan) is a very difficult one for most people, especially when your entire lifespan outstrips that of other species by several times over.
They're also uncommon enough that the officer on Illium pretty much had no idea what to do about Samara; if they were a regular presence then they'd have SOME kind of contengency on an entire world that skirts or breaks the law of Justicar came knocking, but their orders to the officer were basically to delay Samara until she shot her way out, which of course would solve none of their problems whatsoever.
>>
>>44207334
Why do they have to be mutually exclusive sir?
>>
>>44207370

And yet the civilizations they create are low crime, highly functional and organised pieces of magnificent engineering. They basically ensure the survival of the species while these Jedi hippy fucks go around terrorizing everyone. Don't even get me started on the unethical shit they do like warping minds and killing the opposition.
>>
>>44208286
That was Tarkin man, I'm just wondering how the empire spun that one in the propoganda reels
>>
>>44208389
So they tried to be Vulcan and screwed up big time, Luke's new academy had it figured out
>>
>>44209114
>Luke's new academy had it figured out

Not even a little.
That place generated more dark edge lords of the shit in a shorter time than any place in the history of ever.
>>
>>44209158
That's more because the individuals in it were morons but the more liberal system it ran was a much better idea then the old order
>>
>>44209103
According to the X-Wing books, they basically just make the most blatant bald-faced lies ever about it while insulating the populace from any of the truth; remember, the Empire basically removed access to the setting' aversion of the Internet, so news was being spread the old-fashioned way.
According to the Empire the "Death Star" was only named as such after the huge "peacekeeping vessel" was destroyed and took many peaceful Imperial lives with it in honor of their sacrifice.

I mean planetary governors knew the truth (the Death Star was literally designed as a cudgel used to keep them in line after all), but what were they gonna do, tell their populations otherwise and then get "detained for having Rebellious sympathies" immediately by the Imperial Security Bureau?
>>
>>44208358
Open wide and I'll let you taste my 'human beans'~
Hope you like bitter foods
>>
>>44209177
>That's more because the individuals in it were morons

If only they had been instructed better.
Like by the stricter old Jedi order.
>>
>>44209178
Not a peacekeeping vessel, a mining platform.
>>
>>44209178
Alderan was a rebel hub. They were hiding weapons of mass destruction.

Meanwhile on the rebels end of it "where were you when Alderan shattered?"
>>
>>44209202
Well then this creates the impression. That there is no right way to do it and the force naturally leads to the dark side no matter what
>>
Self control and harmony.
>>
Kamina and Simon were Sith, Lord Genome and the Anti-Spirals were Jedi.
>>
File: Jedi Sentinels.png (431 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jedi Sentinels.png
431 KB, 1280x720
>>44208600

This.
>>
>>44209204
I love that because it's even LESS plausible.
Like, you can tell that the Empire didn't give a shit about making it's propaganda believable at all, they just backed it up with huge amounts of lasery death if you claimed it wasn't so it was easier for most people to go along with it.

>"I do not believe this mining laser story."
>"That's cool, because I've got a bunch of cells I need to fill with constantly tortured rebel sympathizers a that I have a quota for and I'm a few short."
>"On the other hand it seems much more reasonable then building a planet killing super weapon."
>>
>>44207843

Jedi.
>>
>>44209286
And that's the other thing, sometimes the truth is so absurd that the lie is still easier to swallow
>>
>>44209232
I feel like they could've picked a more remote world and had less problems.
You blow up Dantooine, nobody in the Core's gonna care what hokey tale about some Outer Rim trader says about some farm world you've never even heard of blowing up.
On the other hand Alderaan was a Core world with a lot of people and a lot of popularity, so I kinda think that that decision backfired on them a little.
>>
File: 1449541538907.jpg (810 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
1449541538907.jpg
810 KB, 850x1100
>>44207334
Me? I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions
>>
>>44209305
That's because the Jedi had come t think that enforcing the Republic and its status quo wold be to enforce peace and harmony, failing to see its inevitable decline into beurocratic corrption, the Huk wars come to mind as a low point for how much they had turned into glorified leg breakers for the republic
>>
>>44209312
Especially when the truth comes with a free helping of torture and death!
There's examples of people in Germany during the Nazi Party's slow rise to full control where they sort of had an inkling that something was wrong because of you disagreed with them a little you were never seen again so it was easier to just put your head into the sand and ignore it, especially when they made everything function smoothly and gave everyone jobs too.
>>
>>44208483

If he was a REAL Mandalorian he would be out there in the stars beating ass and making dosh.

Or, y'know, murdering his way through a jungle that wants nothing more than to kill you.
>>
>>44209316
Tarkin was kinda stupid, he assumed that fear was all that mattered, as long as they were scared they could be controlled, he neglected how desperation can make people unpredictable, and he cared so little about life that he destroyed the planet for one reason, to try and break Liea
>>
One of my favorite sequences in SWTOR was playing a good guy sith warrior when you run into a Jedi who, though it isn't directly stated, is pretty clearly a Grey Jedi.

Being a Sith who honors his promises, spares defeated or helpless enemies, remorselessly prosecutes threats but knows when to show mercy and restraint and is overall pragmatic made it a very interesting exchange. Considering the Jedi in question was willing to engage in subterfuge and manipulation to ensure his mission's success and suggested cooperating with the Sith PC in the first place.

If you keep on the light side choices for the game and that segment in particular, your decision making and overall goals and morals are so completely aligned with each other that you feel more like two members of the same group rather than two renegades from opposed factions. To the point where at the end you can both lament that you're each aligned with opposing nations and promise that when the war is over you'll meet again as friends despite being on different sides.

One is an icon of peace and harmony willing to do the dirty work needed to ensure peace in the galaxy and the other is a warrior of passion and fire who knows that aggression is best tempered with mercy, and you meet perfectly in the middle between light and dark.

One of my favorite sequences in the whole Warrior story, which I loved from start to finish.
>>
>>44209242

You mean kinda like bitterness and life?
>>
>>44209345
Enforcing the Republic is still changing the world around them.
Man, I loved SWTOR for let me shit on Jedi and its code to make Jedi confused.
>>
>>44209333
Once, Darth Malak tried to grow a beard like Kyle Katarn.
We all know what happened next.
>>
>>44209412
The Jedi assume they are the light side of the force, and this is their folly
>>
>>44207334
Self control and a desire to control the world around me. Passion and tranquility don't interest me.
>>
>>44209421
Mustafar looks like it does because once it's people pissed off Kyle Katarn.
Utapau is full of holes for the same reason.
>>
>>44209412
Thanks for reminding me of another of my favorite scenes from the Warrior story. You get ambushed by two Jedi but can talk one out of fighting just by quoting his code at him and pointing out that by drawing swords in anger and attacking preemptively before you do anything violent he's failing his own code.

Really having a Sith lecture the Jedi on the virtues of the light side is so damn satisfying, I overall like how SWTOR shows that neither side is really living up to their own core beliefs anymore.
>>
>>44209158
>>44209177
No, it's because it's a poor setting whose one half-way unique shtick is Space Wizards With Laser Swords, and which survives largely by referencing a couple of movies that its fanbase liked, and the writers of the retarded EU had very few ideas other than "well what if this new Evil Space Wizard shows up with a doomsday weapon and established characters have to do something about it". Arguing about the merits of different interpretations of a purposefully vague ideal like they have any kind of philosophical merit, and aren't just to generate some shitty generic conflict so unthinking fanboys have something to spend their autismbux on, is not the thing to do.
>>
>>44209383
Leia directly pointed out that the more he tried to rule with an iron fist the more systems would rebel against him.

It's similar to the failings of the Tactical Droids from the Clone Wars show, failing to take into account that even unarmed refugees would fight if pushed far enough, or failing to anticipate illogical responses to 'sure to lose' situations.
>>
>>44209398
>One of my favorite sequences in the whole Warrior story, which I loved from start to finish.
I really loved doing a grey side warrior for that reason, though I have to say that I shamelessy done it only after you encounter the Sith on Tatooine with the Jedi Knight
>>
>>44207334
Passion and a desire to control the world around you.

Stoicism is for quitters.
>>
>>44209519
I haven't played the Knight story yet. Really I'm trying to decide which character to do next because I've finished all the available story for my Warrior. But yeah I generally loved the Warrior's story, lots of foreshadowing for both the original 3 acts and the later expansions, and being a 'Grey Sith' is pretty satisfying, if only to see the surprise on everyone's face when you're not a psychotic cartoon villain.
>>
>>44209093
>Don't even get me started on the unethical shit they do like warping minds and killing the opposition.
?
>>
>>44209716
Perhaps the Jedi mind trick? The only more direct one I can think of us the case with Revan, but that was more them creating a new personality to fill the void of an amnesiac and hope the new personality would be more inclined to help them.

Say what you will about the Sith but they'll just threaten violence to get their way and use good old fashioned fear rather than reaching into your head and using temporary mind control to make you do what they want.
>>
>>44209775
Agreed; the Sith aren't hypocritical in that regard.
>>
>>44209795
Yeah, the one good thing about the Sith is that generally they're quite honest and up front about what they are. They're not trying to hide that the majority of them are power hungry violent warlords.

While the Jedi often come across as more hypocritical, claiming to be agents of peace while never giving up their deadly weapons, or the protectors of freedom and liberty while their most common and basic power is to subvert someone's free will for their own ends.

I mean really even when they're using nonviolent methods just by acting as negotiators, do they honestly think the fact that the ambassador is a magical knight with mind control powers and a sword that can cut through anything isn't going to have some bearing on the decisions of the parties involved?
>>
>>44209284
>Horrible yellow lightsabers
>double bladed at that
Oh god that's just awful.
>>
>>44208313
> I'm just not willing to wade through the kiddy show stuff to get to the hidden gems.

Unless your talking about the Tartakovsky cartoon, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Clone wars was infinitely more kiddy than Rebels is.

If you're referring to the use of humor than I would direct you to watch the OT again which has genuine levity.
>>
>>44208600
That's not black faggot
>>
>>44207361
The entire design of the prequel jedi was based on Ben Kenobi, and it makes zero fucking sense. He has a brown cloak and beige undershirt. Okay, that makes sense. He's fucking HIDING on a DESERT planet.

Now that the prequels are canon, we are somehow forced to believe that both Obi-Wan, while IN FUCKING HIDING, kept the same clothes for decades and never bothered to wear something else. You know, something that doesn't scream "Look at me, I'm a Jedi! Order 66 me!".

Then again, ever since the original trilogy ended every other movie mostly tried to invoke nostalgia.
>>
>>44210157
>3edgy5me
Though it was nice to see people using the technology without being jedi-sith.
>>
>>44210296
Jedi robes were plain to show their humbleness.
Poor people robes would be similar.
Poor people robes and Jedi robes would be very similar.
Now hop off Plinket's cock, please.
>>
>>44207334
I heard this definition a couple times now, I'm guessing it's from EU since in a movie it was just evil guys, good guys

This definition actually more interesting since both sides do not appear inherently bad or good but you can also see why one side has mostly asshole and other goody monks

Are there any stories where this concept is explored? Like "good" sith and "bad" jedi?
>>
>>44210395
Originally Jedi were supposed to wear black robes over white clothes to symbolize their black and white mentality.

This evolved into Luke wearing a black suit in the last movie. Though I don't have anything against the look of the movies evolving from the original vision.
>>
File: 20110924204948[1].jpg (120 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
20110924204948[1].jpg
120 KB, 1280x544
>>44210395
You know the EU is now non-canon, right? Outside of that, we never see any non-jedi wear the same robes, except the natives of Tatooine in A New Hope.

Hell, The Phantom Menace rubs this in even further with Qui-Gonn disguising himself to blend in with the locals. If Jedi robes were simply simple robes like those the poor would wear, why the disguise?

It's almost as if everything about the prequels was made up as they went along.
>>
>>44210417
The only ones I can think of are TOR, where you can see Jedi who are falling into being self righteous templars and Sith rising to fight far greater evils.

If you're playing an Empire character in one of the expansions there's a good scene where Darth Marr, leader of the Sith, is standing opposite the negotiating table from Grand Master Shan of the Jedi. You can offer to go in and 'persuade' some renegades to stand down, to which Shan objects at such an approach. Leading Marr to say in a rather sarcastic tone.

"And what exactly do YOUR agents do in the name of the Republic?"

It's really the only thing I can think of where both sides are shown to potentially have good and evil in them. The Republic is overall good and the Empire overall evil, but the Jedi and Sith are shown to be more morally neutral and their service to good or evil has more to do with the nation they're aligned with rather than their direct philosophy.
>>
>>44210417
>how will I tell the good side from the bad
>when you are calm, at peace, passive
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Neither. Or maybe a bit of both. Now leave me alone, can't you see how old and cranky I am.
>>
>>44210417
Kotor 1 and 2 to a certain degree. Jedi are still predominately shown as heroic and the Sith as cartoony villains for the most part, but the Jedi do some fucked up shit, there a couple of neutral force users who see both sides as flawed, and civilians see them as two sides of the same coin.
>>
Honestly Kreia is the only Sith I've ever liked and I've always found her to be interesting and fascinating.
>>
>>44207334

No.
>>
>>44210467
>You know the EU is now non-canon, right?

Yes.

>Outside of that, we never see any non-jedi wear the same robes, except the natives of Tatooine in A New Hope.

They live on a poor sand planet where such robes would be useful.

>If Jedi robes were simply simple robes like those the poor would wear, why the disguise?

No harm in extra caution.

>It's almost as if everything about the prequels was made up as they went along.

Yoda also wore the same kind of robe as Obi-wan in the OT. As did a redeemed Anakin. It was clearly a form of Jedi accoutrement long before the prequels ever existed.
>>
Neither, I recognize that emotions and order can coexist. There is right and there is wrong, so long as I stay on the right side of right, my methods don't matter.

P.S. shoot dark jedi in the back.
>>
File: rock.jpg (335 KB, 1668x1302) Image search: [Google]
rock.jpg
335 KB, 1668x1302
>>44210662
>>
>>44210417
>since both sides do not appear inherently bad or good
wut?
>>
>>44210296
He also let Luke keep his name
and live with his aunt and uncle
and let everyone know he was their nephew, not son
and kept (most of) his own name
and I'm sure there's at least one major slipup I'm forgetting

tl;dr the robes are probably the smallest dumb mistake he made there.
>>
>>44211795
Yeah.
Early on, you can just go "well, it's a big universe and they call Tatooine remote and insignificant", but then they keep showing the universe is small as fuck and going from a planet to another takes them less time for us to go from one side of ours to the other.
>>
>>44210490
The Jedi apathy allowed for bad shit to happen in the Republic.

Vader and Co. rebuilt the economy to remove the institution of slavery and have it so that society didn't fall apart because of it.
>>
>>44210652
Describing Kreia as a Sith is about as accurate by the time the game takes place as describing her as a Jedi Consular.

It's hard to be either when you're literally convinced the Force is a dangerous sapient entity actively manipulating the galaxy. Ignoring all the frankly-bullshit TOR threw at us regarding Revan, the Exile and Kreia forseeing the return of the old Sith Empire, she wanted the Force dead, or at least a way to cut it off as something that touched so many lives. It's the reason for her dark grey philosophy, her self-sufficiency speeches and almost always seeming disappointed in you - no matter which side of the Force you swung to, you weren't understanding her true position, which was never about the light side or the dark side, it was about taking control of your own destiny, Force be damned.

Of course, she was also a lying manipulative witch who deserves little sympathy and fundamentally misunderstood the nature of the Force due to bad experiences, but it does go a long way to realising why anomalies like Nihilus or the Exile fascinated her - both interacted with the Force in very unique ways, with the Exile even opening up the possibility that someone COULD live without any connection to the Force, presuming most non-force-sensitives were just.... well, insensitive rather than completely untouched by it.
>>
File: bestls.jpg (89 KB, 477x651) Image search: [Google]
bestls.jpg
89 KB, 477x651
>>44208600
>what is white
>>
File: 1852670-vf_nomoreheroes_pse.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1852670-vf_nomoreheroes_pse.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>44207334
Look, I just want to have some cool fights.
>>
>>44212347
>what is white

A symbol of oppression
>>
>>44212098
>removal of slavery

Yeah, nah.The Empire was built on the backs of slaves. That, and genocide.
>>
>>44207492

Tyrants never run out of threats to their rule.

It would never stop until he was dead or everyone else is.
>>
>>44208391

>implying we're not already at that point
>>
>>44207492
He gets bored and sabotages his own operation just so he has something to do.
>>
>>44207588
>>44207829
Underbuttered toast

KOTOR (Not the MMO) says the dark side isn't about what their mantra is(Technically it's just a gateway drug) - the dark side is a living cancer that'll blind you, control you, and make you do stuff you normally wouldn't. Like hardcore drugs. Or alcohol. Except sapient.

But yeah, a couple hits wouldn't kill you.
>>
File: anakin skywalker.png (327 KB, 900x940) Image search: [Google]
anakin skywalker.png
327 KB, 900x940
>>44207492
The whole failing of the Sith philosophy and the root of their inevitable downfall is that they will never really have everything "their way." As a result of obeying their passions and intense emotions and using them to bolster their strength in the Force, they're going to keep desiring more and more.

At some point they're going to encounter something that they can't just bend to their will with the Force (be that a strong Jedi, or the nature of reality itself for a particularly mighty Sith lord), and that's the point where someone with a spark of a reasonable person left in them would realize that by throwing away their internal balance they've become controlled by their impulsive needs and ironically lost their freedom.

The very creed of the Sith is to set themselves free through unbridled passion - which in actuality makes them a slave to their worldly desires.
>>
>>44207657
If Anakin's character had been a bit deeper, he might have been able to pull some "bringing stability to the galaxy through slavery by another name" irony into the mix.

Vader is a different persona entirely, and would make an awful ultimate leader on account of being full of rage at himself that he vents on everyone around him.
>>
>>44207492
No, another stronger Sith would rise to destroy him, because the Dark Side would be board with him.
>>
File: 1416287829321.jpg (67 KB, 350x526) Image search: [Google]
1416287829321.jpg
67 KB, 350x526
>>44209425
>"light side of the Force"
Oh baby get a load of this misconception

The Sith are the antithesis of harmony, which is the natural state of the unharnessed Force. The Jedi theoretically would try to maintain that natural balance through the minimum amount of interference by feeling out disturbances and dealing with them, but by the time of the prequels their vision is clouded by Papa Palpatine's presence and they get bamboozled into waging a political war in an attempt to search out the manipulating Sith lord right under their noses.
>>
>>44213931
But if luke had actually joined him he wouldn't have cause to be angry anymore, he'd have ended up justified in his actions and could actually have brought about longterm change to the galaxy

Yeah it makes for a good story but luke siding with his father and reeling in the dark side of his personality and ambition might have ended up doing more longterm good than bad

"Rule the galaxy" was not the best phrasing to use on a goody two shoes like luke, but I wonder I Bader had actually asked for Luke's help or offered to join HIM whether or not h3 wouldn't have been given a chance at redemption

You can't tell me that a light-side Vader reunited with his kids in repainted armor wouldn't have been the coolest shit ever, and in star wars that wouldn't even be top 3 for dramatic personality chanhes, especially since his would be justified in that all he really cares about is a good future for his children
>>
>>44212155
What do you think kriea would have thought of the yuzhan vong?
>>
Does the colour of the Lightsaber canonically matter in any way whatsoever? Sith seem to have dibs on Red because it's the colour of Passion and Anger and stuff, but what do other colours represent?

I always figured Luke had a green Lightsaber in RotJ because he was a fresh start for the Jedi since he was the last one/first one of the era?
>>
>>44214549
He had a green lightsaber because the blue one wouldn't be visually distinct against Tatooine's sky. The colours technically mean nothing, but by and large the guys waving red around aren't very nice.

Evil dudes using red was justified by saying they were unstable artificial crystals because they couldn't get into the normal places like Dantooine and Ilum.
>>
>>44214549
I've read at least once that Sith use red as they've been banished from using the crystal mines the Jedi use and synthetic crystals just end up red most of the time. Otherwise it just seems you just get what you get because force or something. Can't remember if I learned the second point from a vidya or the CGI cartoon.
>>
>>44214701
That much makes sense and I think as time went and they were able to make the crystals better red sort of became the preferance
>>
>>44214714
Yes, the Sith use synthetic crystals, and they keep getting imbued with their emotions and showing up red.
>>
>>44214778
I prefer the "synthetic crystals just turn out that way" rather than that stupidity.
>>
>>44208435
you might have had a point before thousands of a/eu material were created. but in the present, your comment is pointless.
sw has been more than lucas' films for decades.
and the best parts aren't the lucas' films.
>>
File: 1421981736033.jpg (113 KB, 537x537) Image search: [Google]
1421981736033.jpg
113 KB, 537x537
driven by self passion and a desire for harmony
>>
>>44214803
Well Luke's green blade is synthetic, I assumed they made them red by preference
>>
>>44214846
I thought Luke got Annie's old lightsaber?
>>
>>44214866
That was his blue one. He lost that at Cloud City.
>>
>>44214866
That's the blue one.
The green one is one he built himself, with a synthetic crystal.
>>
>>44214879
>>44214889
Oh yeah.

It's been a while since I watched the movies.
>>
>>44210475
I think in TOR, the Republic are more 'liberal democracy' style, which gives greater freedom to citizens and what-have-you, so it's closer to a conception of goodness. On the other hand, the Empires of various ages have basically been forms of feudalism and facism, which give the individual less freedoms at the expense of apparent safety and homogenised culture. It's a dichotomy that has the potential to be more than good & evil... unless you're George Lucas I guess.
>>
>>44207370
I like the concept that Siths should not be always edges murder-hobos, but being a sith is all about using greed and hate to enpower your existence... so if you live long enough soon or later you will be screaming UNLIMITED POWA on sunday mornings.

There is some few moments that explain a lot about Sith culture... like Vader never using mind tricks on comics (new comics, canon, it it matter)... Some character says to Vader that he will not get what he wants even if he uses "jedi mind tricks", Vader then explains that he dont use tricks, he is a sith, he demands what he wants and he will get what he wants.

This speaks a lot, a true Sith dont need to deal with other people or circle around looking for solutions, he is strong enough to bend everything to his will even if its just more easy to achive it using other ways.

Sheev should have a different point of view about this because he enjoy using people, also, he is a less serious-business than Vader.

But the point is, Siths dont give a fuck about other people in a spiritual and philosophical way.
>>
>>44210668
That is because the biggest problem with star wars is the originals were not written before they were filmed. That is why you have so many things from the first one that are changed later. The Luke/Leia relationship being a main one but if you really sit down and think a lot of the history of Jedi and the empire just do not fit the 20 year gap that they want you to believe.
>>
>>44215717
One useful thing Rebels has emphasized is that "mind tricks" generally require you to attune yourself with the other party and suggest something they'd consider doing in the first place. At worst they're feeding excuses to troopers who are trained to blindly follow orders in the first place.

Someone following the dark side (a.k.a. their own internal impulses) probably wouldn't consider others much beyond their ability to serve their needs. Palps is a hardcore manipulator, but since I don't remember him relying on the Force to read people (as opposed to zapping them into submission) that might just be a personal talent of his.
>>
>>44216416
Makes sense. Though the willpower excuse also comes in.
>>
>>44214091
You forget though that, atleast before the EU was non-cannoned, Vader was actively plotting the Emperor's downfall because he was a shitty ruler prior to even knowing Luke existed.
>>
>>44217082
Vader caring about how shit is Sheev government?
>>
>>44215404
Yeah, it's interesting to see a bit of variation between straight good and evil. In TOR you can see Jedi unflinchingly sending underlings to their deaths and just brushing it off without a blink as they justify it all for the greater good, and Sith who go out of their way to not send their underlings into pointless sacrifices or at the very least insist on leading the charge personally, like some officers who have a personal policy of never ordering someone to do something they wouldn't do themselves.

It is nice to see both the worse aspects of the light side and better aspects of the dark side on display. Light side could lead to tyranny or the kind of bland emotionless 'utopia' of Star Trek, while Dark side can truly lead to the overcoming of hurdles and setting someone free through nothing but their own drive and determination to succeed.
>>
File: WhiteVader.jpg (100 KB, 437x1133) Image search: [Google]
WhiteVader.jpg
100 KB, 437x1133
>>44214091
>You can't tell me that a light-side Vader reunited with his kids in repainted armor

Thank you alternative reality comics!
>>
>>44209566
>a 'Grey Sith' is pretty satisfying, if only to see the surprise on everyone's face when you're not a psychotic cartoon villain.
Or being more at peace with yourself and the force that it causes a Jedi Padawan to turn on her master (who admittedly was as big a cunt as the Sith Warriors master) or taunting a young hotshot Jedi so hard with your calmness that he falls to the darkside, twice.

Sith Warrior was so based.
>>
>>44218115
Or driving a Jedi Master to mind wipe his own former pupil into a drooling vegetable to keep information from you that you already know, and take the moral high ground and leave him alive to think about the act of pointless betrayal he committed.

Or leave a Jedi Knight standing there impotently shaking his fist and stammering as you deliver the lowborn servants in his care to live like kings in the Empire, and calmly lecture him on how he can't attack without breaking his own code.

Or staring down a Tatooine cave demon monster with sheer resolve and glaring at it so hard it passes out and sheds it skin.

Or bro-ing it up with a grey Jedi to save the day and agree to share some drinks when this war is over and we can meet again as friends.
>>
>>44218217
I really wish TOR was a single player game that was essentially just an expanded Sith Warrior storyline with some tie-ins with the Imperial Agent storyline.
>>
>>44218265
TOR as a single player game in general with drop-in coop campaigns would be ideal in my opinion. It feels like they were obligated to make an MMO but it's all so single player accessible that I barely if ever do anything regarding the multiplayer aspect. If this game was primarily single player it would be basically the same for me, just minus all the tedious bits.

Personally I don't know how the other stories play out, but looking at the post Act 3 expansion stories, I can't think how any of them play out better than the Sith Warrior. The Emperor being the main overarching villain of all of them and the Warrior has the most direct connection to him, and Darth Marr. The only other one would be the Jedi Knight because he personally fights an aspect of him. But with the Knight it's just a generic doomsday villain he fought once, with the Warrior he's the leader whose agents lifted him up, who he dedicated himself to, and was ultimately betrayed by.

Having that personal connection being the Emperor's Wrath just makes it seem all the more personal and I can only think that a class like the Smuggler or Bounty Hunter would be the case of sudden surprise arch-nemesis as they suddenly come in out of nowhere to start opposing Emperor Omnicidal Wrath's plans.
>>
>>44218359
I thought the Bounty Hunter had a pretty interesting storyline, at leas the bit with the Jedi who goes totally off his rocker trying to prove you're a bad dude.

Playing a Light-Side BH was awesome though. You were basically just flipping off the Empire and Darth's at every turn, and then you still make them pay you at the end of it.
>>
Lana and DS Jaesa are the best girls in the old republic
>>
>>44218032
I feel like this idea would work better if he ditched the imposing cape...or changed anything but the color, really.
>>
Not touching this thread with a 10 ft pole.
>>
>>44208435

you can enjoy your little corner, it's ok

But yeah Star Wars is way better than Flash anyway
>>
>>44218415
I haven't played BH yet but I'm considering playing that as my next character, mostly because I started playing the Trooper but I'm getting tired of his generic wonderbead 'I can't believe it's not Captain America' personality.
>>
>>44218686
Yeah, I had that problem with the Trooper too. He's just so dry. Probably the most boring character in the game in my opinion.

The Bounty Hunter isn't the most interesting, but he's got a charm that I really like. You're a professional, a decent human being, and so good at what you do you can just walk all over the Imperial monsters because they can't afford to have you against them.
>>
>>44218745
I'm now lamenting giving a way too rare and expensive mount to my trooper when it would probably fit the hunter better. Oh well it's not that serious, and I do like the hunter's look and feel, and it would be nice to have an Imperial healer. I'm just leery about starting another Imperial character and redoing all the same planetary story arc missions so soon after binge-playing my way through the Warrior story.
>>
>>44218745
I like being the professional BH. I've retained my neutrality by doing what my contractor wants and never betraying them.

Alderon has some of the best moments in their story from what I've done thus far.

Also between my SW, BH, and Trooper I've come to hate bioware for not letting me romance the companions I actually want to on my ladies.
>>
>>44218831
As far as romance goes, I'm just annoyed they had to wait until the expansions to introduce same-sex romances. Bioware seems so all over the map when it comes to this. On the one hand you have Dragon Age which started right off the bat with bisexual romances, then you had Mass Effect which had to wait until the last installment to shoehorn in gay options unless you count technically lesbian stuff with Liara, now you've got TOR with only hetero romance in the main story but as soon as you hit the expansions none of the romance options care about gender anymore.

It's incredibly inconsistent and it's especially frustrating considering that it seems they initially were going to have same sex romance in the main game, there's dialogue recorded buried in the game files that seems to be from a Male Warrior/Quinn romance but they just decided to leave it out after recording it.
>>
>>44207625
I just love sheev for how much fun he has.
It feels like pretty much everything he did was for shits and giggles.
it's like "Yeah power and control is nice and all but WHEEEE LOOK AT HOW MUCH FUN i'M HAVING"

He took so much joy in fucking over everybody and lying and deceiving and I just wish I could live my life in a way that made me that damn happy all the fucking time.
>>
>>44218906
Hell bethesda is even more consistent. At least Since Skyrim. Obsidian at least didn't bother with companion romances in NV and made Red Lucy not give a fuck.

Still back to bioware it especially hurts because Vette/Dornes (despite me playing as Major Warcriimes), and Mako are my favorite companions and I made my Sith Inq a Mirialan for the purpose of pairing her off with the apprentice you get way in the future and also kinda like the how sexy Zash is before the whole story kicks in.
>>
Just saw the new movie. Mediocre.
>>
>>44219026
Yeah, I mean for my Warrior I romanced Vette it's just on general principle I would have wanted same sex options. Mostly because my Warrior was a flirt who liked to put people off balance by flirting with them whenever he could.

Like that one bitch on Taris you keep showing up, I always picked the flirt options not because I actually wanted to put my dick in the crazy but because it always seemed to annoy her and it felt like the most efficient way to inform her I didn't give a fuck about her opinion to respond to her every boast and lie by blatantly hitting on her without answering any actual statement she made.
>>
>>44219150
That whole thing was even funnier as a bounty hunter.

She talks down to you almost every time you meet her, and you keep just trashing her at everything she tries to do.
>>
>>44219026
Oh and as for Bethesda, they actually took a big step backwards in this regard by removing Confirmed Bachelor and the equivalent lesbian perk.

While you can romance companions of either gender you can't specialize in seducing NPCs to bypass speech problems anymore.

Oh except there actually are no seduction options anymore it's just a minor buff to the random 'persuade' chance when speaking to the appropriate gender because they lobotomized the conversation system.
>>
>>44219182
It was generally pretty funny as my Warrior, upstaging her and stonewalling her petty bullshit dialogue with a smokescreen of innuendo.

"I am going to beat your kill count and show everyone how much better I am!"

"You're so hot when you're all fired up like that."

"You aren't half the Sith I am!"

"Come now there's no need to play coy, I know you want me."

"Just try to keep up you spineless weakling."

"We'll bang okay?"
>>
File: so swears revan.jpg (1 MB, 881x1000) Image search: [Google]
so swears revan.jpg
1 MB, 881x1000
>>44208741
i will take the special snowflake every time
>>
>>44219192
Yeah speech kinda got raped and there's little you can't solve by switching the a suit/dress, putting on shades and a nice hat. Failing that, take some drugs.
>>44219150
That's weird m8.
>>
>>44219416
>there's little you can't solve by switching the a suit/dress, putting on shades and a nice hat. Failing that, take some drugs.
>1980s Hollywood
>>
>>44219416
Eh, it was mostly just being a passive aggressive ass to someone who completely didn't deserve my respect.
>>
File: Trimurvate of tg.png (41 KB, 667x755) Image search: [Google]
Trimurvate of tg.png
41 KB, 667x755
>>44219258
They're usually more fun.

I get that characters with traits made just to beg for attention are annoying but I really hate that /tg/ has such a hateboner for any kind of unique or abnormal character.

Imagination is supposed to be the name of the game. But instead anyone who does something interesting enough to get noticed is either decried as a special snowflake or playing a meme character.

Also because 'meme' has joined terms like 'mary sue' to mean 'any character concept I dislike but want to sound like I have legit criticism'.
>>
>>44219192
Having the protagonist be voiced was a mistake
>>
>>44219926
A huge mistake. Even if I don't completely hate the VA they got for the male character like a lot of players do, it was just a huge mistake and the fan response in my experience has been overwhelmingly negative. The only reviewers I've heard defending it and the dialogue system in general were complete fanatics lavishing the game with perfect scores and screaming Bethesda's praises.

And this speaking as someone who refuses to buy into Beth hate and defends a lot of stuff they've done, but they made a lot of really bad choices with F4. Again, this coming from someone who really liked 3.
>>
>>44207334
Passion and chaos. Fuck control. If I can't have control, then no one should.
>>
I am driven by memes
>>
>>44221796
How glib.
>>
File: monsoon.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
monsoon.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>44221796
Exquisite.
>>
>>44208391
>Also, prepare your anus for so much star wars marketing that you will wish for death
but that happens with every release. I never got the goofy star wars story/characters in the first place so I just tune it out till it inevitably blows over.
>>
>>44207334
Hunger, lust and sloth are my motivators.
>>
Sith should really use orange sabers more.

Or I dunno, make the SUPER EVIL ones have black sabers.

The picture would look better.
>>
File: real.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
real.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>44207341
>>
>>44212366
>Based Grey Jedi
>>
>>44219876
/tg/ hates diversity these days because... man, I don't know why.

Is it just me or has /tg/ gotten MORE vitriolic in the past ten years?
>>
>>44224344
>past ten years
We've only been here like nine total.(Wow time goes quickly!)

I'd say some people maybe, but as a whole /tg/ is still best.
>>
>>44208269
Its protagonist has a laser slingshot.
>>
>>44220029
It's going to be hell for moders and I suspect the first mod is going to be a reversal to classic style dialogue for the player
>>
>>44225773
>Its protagonist has a laser slingshot.
That's... cheesy, and not in the good way.
>>
>>44210073
Its the sentinels' only flaw.
>>
>>44207334
I want to be harmonious and clam as spring water but I get swept up in feelings and ideas far too easily.

I'm a Jedi who drops out when he fails his trials and smoulders in the temple libraries for the rest of his days, too petty to let go and too compassionate to lash out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.