[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home for the Holidays Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey, guys. I was planning on continuing LWQ but my head just wasn't into it. Instead I'm going to be running something a little different. Could be one shot, could take longer. Depends on how things run today.

A hazy white expanse of snow surrounds you and you couldn't be any more bored. It's the first time you've ever seen the weather phenomenon, and what should have been a road trip of a day or two instead has turned into a skull crushing slow grind across the interstates of the Eastern US.

You hadn't even wanted to go. At 17, you're certainly old enough to be left at home, but your parents didn't approve of you being alone on the holidays and guilted you into going besides which. Your grandmother's health has been failing in recent months and hushed conversations you're sure your parents didn't want you hearing tell you it may be her last.

So here you are, cramped and cold as obstacles and snow pass you by. There's nothing to do, your parents have offensively bad dad rock going, and the only thing you have here in the back seat to stave off your boredom is your phone.

>Look around
>Play around with your phone
>Speak with the parents
>Complain
>Write in
>>
>>44196116
>Play around with your phone
>>
>>44196116
You know, not living in the USA, I never experienced all the "drive eight hours for Thanksgiving with family" stuff.

I'm going to go for
>Look out of the window
, please
>>
>>44196116
>>Complain
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"...are we there yet?"
>>
>>44196442
To your increasing disappointment, there really isn't much to see out there. Maybe if you were stopped, you could have some fun and learn that childish wonder everyone seems to have when they see snow, but this isn't anything special. Just white powder flicking across silent forest.

Even more boring is it looks like you're the only people out on the road today. While you're thankful that this means no license plate game, no I Spy, or any other inane car game, it also means there's no distraction to your boredom.

You think you see a deer.

>>44196437
Connection's been wonky with your phone throughout the drive, transitioning between really great in urban sprawls to nonexistent in rural and forest areas.

Fortunately it looks like you have some bars right now, so you catch up with your best friend Terry. He boasts about a night on the town and some cool house party he was inviting to, and your mood worsens. You hadn't even heard about it.

Before you can get more info on the party, once again your phone blinks out of a service area.

>Speak with the parents
>Complain
>Write in
>>
>>44196739
>write in

We hum.
>>
>>44196739
This >>44196833
>>
>>44197017
>>44196833
You toss your phone into the next seat and try and get more comfortable. This sucks. There's a part of you that wants to go full jackass but you decide not to.

Besides, You Are Teenager. You have mastered passive aggression by the time you were 14.

You start to hum.

At first it's a simple jaunty tune you know, a little thing you've heard getting a lot of play on the top 40 lists that's been stuck in your head. Your parents don't react.

Not one to give up so easily, you change gears to another song. You don't sing it, but the guarantee of it getting on people's nerves is literally in the title.

All you're met with is the silent treatment.

>Hum louder
>Complain
>Give up the ghost. Try and sleep the rest of the way.
>Write in
>>
>>44197200
>>
>>44197200
>Write in

Think about erotic material
>>
>>44197200
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.