[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civ Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 6
File: 1450138492267.jpg (2 MB, 1841x3681) Image search: [Google]
1450138492267.jpg
2 MB, 1841x3681
First to 3 votes chooses race, first to 3 votes chooses location.
>>
Desert Centaurs got my vote.
>>
>>44194239
Seconding
>>
Machines
>>
>>44194267
Forgot location: Volcanic Island
>>
>>44194199
Elemental
Volcano
>>
Looks like it's probably gonna be centaurs, need a tiebreaker between volcano and desert.
>>
>>44194415
Eh fine I'll give up on my elemental dream
Desert Centaurs. We Horse-Tuareg now.
>>
>>44194415
First suggestion here, while I think imagining Desert Centaurs would be cool... I imagine a tribe living around an active volcano might have it's own interesting and unique dilemma's, so I'll switch to that.
>>
>>44194199
Desert centaur!

Lets RP some numibian cavalry
>>
>>44194441
Desert centaurs it is.

A few small groups of centaurs, some lost, some exiled, meet up in the desert and form a small nomadic tribe. After a short debate, a leader is chosen. They give their first command to their tribe of 15 centaurs.

15 centaurs
5 spears
Low food

Technology:
None

>Name your leader and describe them briefly
>Give your first command
>>
>>44194562
El'Hadros? Going for a North African crossed with greek sound? Black haired centaur, chosen to lead due to knowledge of tracking and hunting.
Begin hunting for food, focusing on medium sized game. (antelope sized etc)
>>
>>44194562
Chief Sarradin(Sarah-dean)
Wise old man with one eye and experience with battle. Probably lost it fighting some great beast.

>Look for an oasis or other drinking hole, we need water and so do prey animals.
>>
>>44194562
I second >>44194562 with the slight addition that he's familiar with minor magical abilities.

Also, scout for water
>>
>>44194562
>>44194663
Support this actually. Use tribes shaman to find our way.>>44194675 It might be better if Tribes shaman is second in command. That way we don't risk our shaman when he has to lead from the front
>>
>>44194663
>>
>>44194699
Very well then... Ill change vote to Saladi-... I mean Sarrahdin too.
>>
>>44194699
Yeah, I agree having the Shaman be the second... but a close second, sounds like a good idea to me. I imagine the leader as a warrior who is perhaps being tired of fighting, but still more than willing to defend his people and go down before them.
>>
>>44194699
me too
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

Roll for finding an oasis
>>
>>44194663
The nomads decide that Sarradin, the old wise centaur, is the best choice of leader. His experience will guide them. As his first command, he tells them to search for an oasis. The tribe wanders for a while before they find a suitable place. Food is now very low.
A shaman has become second-in-command to Sarradin, offering spiritual advice.

15 centaurs
5 spears
Plenty of water
Very low food

Technology:
None

Locations known: Oasis

>What should the tribe do next?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>44194811
Create an ambush for anything that comes for water
>>
Are we herbivores? If so we should develop some farming near the oases. Maybe some datea, or proper wheat even.

And if we eat meat we should develop trapping. Water in the desert attracts wildlife, maybe also trade caravans
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

Learn about the plants in the oasis. Is anything suitable for food?
>>
>>44194811
Scout around the Oasis for tracks, then set trap for game. 5 of our best warriors with the spears to take down the bigger stuff, others to literally wrestle smaller game down.
>>
>>44194865
I think centaurs are omnivores. Not sure what they are in standard fantasy settings, but I'm just gonna go ahead and say they can eat pretty much anything a human can eat.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>44194865
Trapping and easier hunting were part of the reason I suggested the oasis, especially given the "very low" food stores this still seems like the best idea.
>>
>>44194901
>>44194918
Trapping and hunting it is then
>>
I'll be continuing the machine civ from yesterday at around 7 p.m. (Indiana). Just to let you guys know
>>
General size of the oasis?
>>
File: afsh-5.jpg (93 KB, 900x613) Image search: [Google]
afsh-5.jpg
93 KB, 900x613
The best hunters and trappers of the group wait and ambush some of the animals that come by the oasis. They have a decent level of success. The shaman directs a few others to check around the oasis for useful or edible plants, and a few edible herbs are found.

15 centaurs
5 spears
Plentiful water
Moderate food

>What is the next action?

>>44194977
Pic related

I've got about 10 minutes left before work, I'll be back online ~6 hours later. Might have time for one last update before I go.
>>
>>44195050
Research archery
>>
>>44195050
Research construction of tents using hides from animals.
>>
>>44195050
Build some tents or something for shelter
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44195093
Rolling for this
>>
>>44195050
Hmmm... set this up as a semi regular site to camp and then look for more useful landmarks? This oasis is nice and all, but more options are always nice.>>44195073
>>44195090
I can see tents being immediately useful, and eventually archery... we might want to see about making things like arrows and/or more spears out of bones since trees would be a bit scarce.
>>
>>44195093
>>44195090
Sure.. go hiding in your CANVUS BAWXES
>>
>>44195093
Amen to that, half dig then into the sand, where it's cooler, unless we can find a cave.... This is an oasis so there's a chance
>>
>>44195144
Hmm a tenporary cave is fine bu we're nomads after all.

Perhaps we should work towards a trade caravan. I bet the deserts holds some treasures we can sell.
>>
>>44195137
Well, more like canvas cones. Enjoy the sandstorms with your bow that we don't have the materials to make.
>>
>>44195116
One of the centaurs suggests that tents could be made from the hides of animals, and spends a day making one as an example. The other centaurs decide this is a good idea, and fashion the rest of the spare pelts into 5 more tents.

15 centaurs
5 spears
6 tents
Plentiful water
Moderate food

Gotta go for now, I'll be on later tonight. I'll post in the civ general thread when I get back.
>>
>>44195200
Also, if anyone wants to step in and take over as CM while I'm gone, feel free.
>>
>>44195174
I'll just suggest again we invest in using bones in place of wood where applicable, making the most out of our kills is going to be necessary if we want to survive.
>>
I have been wanting to try my hand at being CM so if anyone wants I could try to continue it
>>
>>44195295
No objections here
>>
>>44195295
No problem
>>
>>44195295
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>44195295
Go ahead m80
>>
>>44195295
Now that the tribe's immediate needs are taken care of the shaman decides on what to do next.

Build
Research
Explore
Other
>>
Well then, I feel exploring to be the best bit at this stage of the game, we know where the oasis is and can return any time we need to, but beyond that the world is mighty small indeed. We might return to set up a main, more permanent, camp here if we can't find a more suitable place, but we haven't even really looked yet, and what kind of nomads would we be if we just sat down at the first place that looked a little nice.
>>
We agreed the shaman was named Sarradin right?
>>
>>44195675
Sarradin would be the chiefs name yeah, I think we decided the shaman figure would be more of a second in command and advisor type though, not sure we gave him a name.
>>
>>44195675
I don't think we have a name for the Shaman. The tribe's leader is named Sarradin though
>>
>>44195560
Sarradin sends his fastest in all directions, they explore the immediate area and return to tell of what they have seen. To the north they found ruins of a great stone building that appears to be a religious structure of some point. To the west the desert slowly changes into sparse grasslands, a small herd of antelope were spotted grazing here. Nothing of particular interest was found in the other directions.
>>
>>44195777
Religious structure of some kind*
>>44195731
>>44195722
Ah ok
>>44195777
>explore the ruins
>hunt(1d20)
>research(1d100)
>build(specify)
>other
>>
>>44195817
I'm really curious what's in the ruins, we should at least get the shaman to look over it if nothing else...
>>
Current resources
>15 centaurs
>5 spears
>6 tents
>Plentiful water
>low food(3 turns)
>2 bone
>>
>>44195817
Let's explore those ruins. Maybe we can fix it up later on to be a shrine to our god(s)
>>
>>44195917
That does sound like a really cool idea, I like your thinking.
>>
>>44195817
The shaman leads a small force and makes for the ruins, as they get nearer he gets a general feeling of unease. Once inside it is clear this was a place of worship, a quick look around reveals a large main room with several doors on each side of it. At the far end is a simple alter at odds with the grandness of the rest of the building. Opening some doors the centaurs find small rooms, a staircase that leads into darkness, and a hallway that goes off farther on this floor.
Found
some jewelry, and other gold items

>Explore further
>Go back to camp
>>
>>44196137
Also I need to leave for 5-15 min so vote and I'll write it up when I get back
>>
The shaman's unease makes me a bit uneasy... though I want to explore further myself, cautiously of course, it wouldn't be too hard to convince me otherwise I don't think... I get the sense that we probably shouldn't mess with the altar yet though, whatever we do.
>>
>>44196137
Explore further but send a one or two centaur attachment back to camp with some jewelry/gold items for Sarradin to inspect
>>
>>44196228
>>44196231
Explore the same floor or go down the stairs?
>>
>>44196375
Same floor is the safest bet
(Anyone have an idea for a name I could use to mark a difference between me and the other anon. I'm the guy who said stuff about fixing up the shrine)
>>
>>44196137
The shaman decides to send one centaur to report back, he takes the gold and jewelry(a fine necklace made of gold, with a large green gem, plus a silver arm-band)
Approaching the staircase his unease intensifies, so he decides to leave it alone and explore the rest of this floor. The centaurs do not find much of interest, old furniture made of wood is the majority of it, however they do find signs that something else has been here. Some tracks in the dust, humanoid but much smaller, they go in the general direction of the stairway.
Forces
1 Shaman
4 Centaurs with spears

10 centaurs with 1 spear
Food Low(2turns)
2 bone
2 gold
Can make two choices

Shaman group
>explore deeper
>leave it alone for now

Tribe
>hunt 1d20
>research 1d100
>build
>other
>>
>>44196629
Shaman Group:
Explore deeper. Surely Sarradin will be disappointed if that is all we return with.
Tribe:
Hunt, hunger tends not to help with morale or literally anything except awareness
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44196745
Shit. wrong field for the dice and didnt even notice
>>
>>44196745
Seconded... but the Shaman group should take care. Their lives are more valuable than any treasures they may find and they should be ready to run if they need to.
>>
>>44196629
The scout group slowly make their way into the darkness, the stairs end in a dimly lit cellar, though most of the food is rotten they find several large barrels, one that has been broken by something reveals its contents are alcohol.
Further inspection of the room reveals one wall has a large hole in it which leads further into the darkness. It would be a very tight fit but the group could continue if they desire.
Meanwhile back at camp the tribe went out hunting but unfortunately had terrible luck, all they returned with was some edible vegetation they found around the oasis.

Shaman
>squeeze into the hole and continue
>report back
Resources
shaman
2 wood
4 kegs of ale
Tribe
Low food(3turns)
2Bone
2Gold

>Research 1d100
>build(specify)
>hunt 1d20
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>44197083
Shaman:
Now seems like a good time to report back. I'm sure that Sarradin will like this ale plus the idea of us squeezing into a tiny hole seems like a bad idea.
Tribe:
Hunt again. Hopefully this time won't go so bad
>>
>>44197083
I think we'll save that hole for later... whatever is in there would have the maneuverability advantage were it to attack, and that is not good for us.
>Report back
Not sure what to do on the home-front, we could try hunting again... but if anyone else has another idea I say go with that.
>>
>>44197251
Second
>>
File: Desert tribe 1.png (8 KB, 230x144) Image search: [Google]
Desert tribe 1.png
8 KB, 230x144
>>44197251
Man these hunters are unlucky
>>44197083
The scouts decide now is a good time to report back they take the ale and head out.
Sarradin is greatly pleased with their find and eagerly awaits the return of the hunters, hoping the bring enough food for a feast.
The tribe unfortunately has another unsuccessful day of hunting bringing in roughly the same as last time.

15 centaur
5 spears
4kegs of ale
moderate food (4turns)
2 bone
2 gold
>>
>>44197411
I should mention I take the best rolls of three that you guys do, so if you want better odds you should all start rolling.

>Explore(n,e,s,w)
>Hunt 1d20
>Build
>research
>Hold a feast(3turns of food+1 keg of ale)
>other
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44197473
Let's try this one more time. Hunt. If we fail again then we start belittling the smallest centaur to make ourselves feel better.
>>
>>44197411
Ooh! Like that map...
The ale should be saved for celebration... hmm...
>If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
>>
Sarradin, angered at his hunters poor performance personally leads the hunt. With him goading them on they are much more successful, bringing in many small animals, as well as one unlucky antelope. Satisfied with the hunt Sarradin orders the to head back to camp.
>>
>>44197697
About halfway back to camp one of his hunters lets out a cry. Looking over Sarradin sees a bolt sticking out of it's flank, hearing noise from the direction of the temple he looks over to see a group starved goblins charging over a sand dune.
Forces
Sarradin
5 Hunters with spears

10 goblins
8 with crude axes or clubs
2 with crude crossbows

Two choices one for Sarradin and one for your centaurs roll 1d10 for each
I will roll for enemies
>>
Rolled 3, 7 = 10 (2d10)

>>44197822
Sarradin: Attempt to rush towards one of the distance shooty goblins and steal his shit
Centaurs: Send 3 on direct charge and 2 to charge from the side
>>
Rolled 8, 5 = 13 (2d10)

>>44197822
Ah, here they have made a horrible mistake, for the open air is where we THRIVE!

>Sarradin: Trample the goblins, hitting and then getting out of range with skirmishing blows.
>Hunters: Charge alongside the goblins and strike with your spears like skirmishing jousters before getting out of range again, priority on the crossbow wielders.
>>
Rolled 7, 10 = 17 (2d10)

>>44197697
>>
>>44197822
Sarradin and three of his men charge center mass, knocking goblins aside while the other two come in from the side effectively stopping their advance.
Sarradin continues his momentum and charges a shoota, while his men take care of rest.
both crossbow goblins manage to get off a shot. One arrow painfully grazes his flank while the other embeds itself in his arm. As Sarradin closes in they desperately try to reload.

5 dead gobbos
3 panicking melee
2 terrified shootas

1 Centaur took a blow to the leg and is badly wounded
Sarradin is hurt but it basically just made him mad
>>
Rolled 5, 3 = 8 (2d10)

>>44198165
Utilize Sarradin's rage in an attempt to kill the two shootas
and use the rest of our hunters to attempt to bind the remaining goblins for slavery purposes(or ritual sacrifice)
>>
Rolled 6, 2 = 8 (2d10)

>>44198232
Yeah... personally feeling a bit sketchy on the slavery thing but I'll deal until I can come up with a better idea.
>>
>>44198165
Sarradin flies into a rage and absolutely
destroys one of the shoota goblins. Seeing the terrifying spectacle the other shoota soils itself, drops its crossbow and runs off.
Two of the melee goblins do the same while the third simply curls up in the fetal position and sobs. The hunters try to grab them but they are slippery little bastards and manage to avoid being caught.

>chase them
>let them go
also
what to do with the third goblin, that has now come to his senses and is begging you not to kill him.
>Kill him
>Interrogate him
>enslave him
>>
Don't enslave goblins, they are tricky and resourceful, have the shaman interrogate him, the fact they were in a temple makes me think they have some religious connection.

Anybody interested in me running another civ? I'm thinking Minotaurs or something not sure.
>>
>>44198428
I'm feeling merciful, we should let them go and Interrogate this fella, hopefully they've seen enough to decide that we are NOT to be messed with. Though we still might cross paths again.
>>
>>44198428
>>44198508
Hell no don't let them go, where there is one goblin there are dozens more. Plus they may be religious fanatics.
>>
>>44198540
True enough, we had the advantage here but get enough numbers and we would be thoroughly whooped... if possible we should capture the fleeing ones then. I feel some of our questions for this little guy at our mercy should be about the altar, how many there are of them, and then decide what to do with him and the other prisoners based on the answers we do or don't get though. Might just be part of me is in 24/7 paladin mode and I would feel really sucky if we just cut down a fleeing opponent.
>>
Rolled 3, 7, 5 = 15 (3d10)

>>
Rolled 3, 8, 20 = 31 (3d20)

>>44198636
>>44198653
Not sure if we need to roll but I am

and Bonecarver, that's okay, part of me is always Barbarian Fighter cross, I get to cut down fleeing opponents over and over again until I'm nearly dead then get to do it all over again. Not to mention the feats.
>>
>>44198653
Sarradin orders his men after the escaping goblins, they easily run down and capture two of them, the third however manages to avoid them and continues on until Sarradin throws his spear piercing the little creature and killing it. The party then takes their prisoners and returns to camp victorious.
15 centaurs in all
5 hunters-one wounded (4 turns)
1 shaman(interrogating goblins)
Resources
Lots of food(15 turns)
2 Bone
2 Gold
4 kegs of ale

>Build
>Research something(weapons?)
>explore
>Celebrate your victory with a feast
>>
Rolled 3, 15 = 18 (2d20)

>>44198806
Find the brightest and youngest amongst us, his name is now Da'an, and he will be our tinkerer, have him investigate the mechanics behind the Crossbows and see if he can make a ranged weapon for us, though it launches tiny spears (Bow and Arrows).

Additionally, build a sled that works well on sand.
>>
Rolled 4, 7 = 11 (2d10)

>>44198882
Tendons can be used as strings for our bows, and the arrowheads can be made of carved bone(The suggestion which made me pick this name), we should actually have enough wood for a little while to make arrows with... but retrieval is still optimal.

A sled to help carry lots of goods, like our tents and food stocks if/when we decide to move somewhere else, would be useful, since for personal transportation we're doing peachy keen.
>>
Rolled 3, 3 = 6 (2d20)

>>44199037
*coughs* wrong dice *coughs*
>>
A young centaur that has shown himself to be particularly bright, takes one of the crossbows to study. Being low on wood he has the idea to remove the stock, using just a simple piece of wood and tendon he creates a crude bow. He has one of the tribe test it out and they turn out to be naturally skilled in its use. He makes plans on how to build certain things that would make the tribe's life easier but is low on resources.
Meanwhile the shaman has thoroughly interrogated the surviving goblins. He learned that some time ago a group of goblins scurrying underground had chanced upon this temple, embeded in the alter they had found a gem, when one of them touched it, something happened. Only that goblin returned to their little village, and he was changed. Much more intelligent and wielding strange power he quickly became chief. He then sent them to further explore the temple to see if they could find any other goodies. The goblins beg you not to kill them saying they only attacked you because they were desperate for food, having had terrible luck hunting for themselves.
>>
File: Desert trbe 2.png (14 KB, 231x210) Image search: [Google]
Desert trbe 2.png
14 KB, 231x210
>>44199227
5 hunters(spears) 1 hurt (3 turns)
2 archers

food: good (14)
1bone
1wood
2gold
4 ale

Gather(there are few trees around the oasis)
Explore(N,E,S,W)
Research(1d20)
Hunt(1d20)
other
>>
>>44199289
dark areas on the map mean underground
>>
Rolled 15, 15 = 30 (2d20)

>>44199227
Ask them if they do not like the new chief, could spy for us perhaps in exchange for food? But not too much as "They'd notice your stomachs being more plump and would know something is up."

Return to temple scavenge any and all resources, using the covers for tents make saddle bags to optimize our carrying capacity as well as making up better able to be nomadic and move about (TL;DR Make tents collapsible and able to be used as bags)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44199227
Sounds like somebody is wielding some daaaaark magics... I think that this goblin chief will quickly become a problem if we don't do something... but beyond wholesale invasion of the goblin tunnels which takes away our mobility... it might not be too late to try our hand at diplomacy if we're so inclined.

As for immediate action... we could try to see if any of the plants near the oasis have medicinal value to speed the hunters recovery. I think I'll roll for that.

>>44199384
Liking the spy approach, at least for a little while, more intel would be useful.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44199289
rolling for something
>>
>>44199289
The goblins happily agree to spy in exchange for food, they travel with you to the temple before dissapearing into the darkness of the cellar.
The centaurs clean the temple completely taking everything they can carry.They loot a bunch of wooden furniture as well as some banners and a few bed sheets.
The shaman stayed down by the oasis looking for medicinal herbs but did not find any, while concentrating on finding something to help he suddenly feels like he should go to Sarradin's tent.
10 wood
5 cloth

Build(sleds?)
Research(more mobile buildings)
Explore
Hunt
Shaman
>ignore the feeling
>listen to it
>>
>>44199625
Shaman: Listen to it
>Research
>>
Rolled 4, 10 = 14 (2d20)

>>44199625
Now, I'm not an expert, but when a shaman gets a funky feeling, it would be best for him to follow it.(Not sure if needing to roll, better safe than sorry)

Research more mobile buildings, I suspect this place is going to get a lot less friendly in relatively short order if it hasn't already.
>>
Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d20)

>>44199741
SLEEEEEEEEEEED
>>
Rolled 17, 10 = 27 (2d20)

>>44199797
well shit.
>>
>>44199797
Thank goodness the situation isn't more dire.
>>
File: Desert tribe 3.png (19 KB, 260x212) Image search: [Google]
Desert tribe 3.png
19 KB, 260x212
>>44199625
The shaman decides to follow his gut, and heads to Sarradin's tent, inside the feelings guide him to where Sarradin had stored the jewelry found in the temple touching the necklace he simply knows that if he put it on it will help him in some way, how exactly he couldn't say.
Da'an happily got to tinkering using the new wood in his designs and soon built a sled designed to be pulled over sand, >>44199741 unfortunately trial and error and plain bad luck caused him to use much more wood than usual. After that he got on with designing a easily collapsible tent but hasn't quite figured out how he is going to pull it off.
>>
Unfortunately something came up and I need to leave so I guess this will have to be it unless someone else wants to continue.

Also as my first time running it did I do okay?
>>
>>44200025
Id say you did well, it felt like not much effort was put into the "Shaman feelings" which had a slight feeling of railroadness, but that may just be me. Otherwise props mate!
>>
>>44199982
Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.
>>44200025
I enjoyed it. This is my first time playing one of these (and my first time on 4chan in general... I tried to avoid it like the plague until I saw some stuff showing /tg/ had usually decent folks at least.) so I don't have much frame of reference. So, take that how you will.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.