[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #620: Jawesome Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: TheBasics.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TheBasics.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/44176376/jumpchain-cyoa-thread-619-potato-powered#top
>>
>>44190447
Jumpers when was the last time you fucked up a plan and the results were better then expected?
>>
A np that's A++ to EX costs 800 sp right ? And can I take drawbacks from the fate/ jump and the servant supplement
>>
>>44190548
That time a random pokemon I keep around accidentally fell into one of my F.E.V pits he did not turn into an abomination against nature
>>
>>44190595
I have no idea what you mean by the former, but you're right about the latter
>>
>>44190595
Why are you buying something up to A++ if you're going for EX? That's just stacking extra costs for no benefit.
>>
>>44190801
I was wondering if A++ was 600 or 800
>>
>>44190880
50 sp for each rank from E to A is 250, then 100 sp for each +, making 450 total unless I had something wrong. Anything A ranked can be taken to EX for 350 sp, for a total of 600 sp
>>
File: [MY LEG].webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
[MY LEG].webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>44190447
Alright folks, how do I out-scheme Aizen? I need to know for reasons.

What do you mean webm related? I'm t-totally not planning to mess up your waifu's keikaku!
>>
File: JibrilYANYANYAN.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JibrilYANYANYAN.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>44190548
The first thing I did upon arriving to No Game No Life? Immediate trip to the Imanity's royal library, to challenge Jibril. The wager was - a single favor from the loser.

The result? A draw, surprisingly enough.

The Flugel thought it a good plan to make me fall in love with her, to get me to waste my own favor.

She knew something was wrong when my behaviour did not change even a slightest bit.

My next words were of claiming her.

Then... Well. I've Got Needs, you know?~

And then she found out about the work benefits I provide, and we lost another couple of days singing praises to Slaanesh and Tzeentch.
>>
>>44191478
That guy should get into soccer, he'd fit in perfectly.
>>
>>44191478
What is this and why does it look like it was made in some 'beginner's guide to animation' program with stock assets? Fuck, it looks like that program I used in high school - Poser.
>>
>>44192012
Their head animator died. He did all the fight scenes, or at least keyframed them.

...It kind of shows.
>>
>>44191478
Gain immense psychic and technopathic power, change the video feed and the perceptions of everyone but Cinder, Neo, Mercury and Emerald,

Laugh at there crumbled plan.
>>
>>44192097
To match what Neo was making Yang see, if that was not clear.
>>
>>44192097
At that point, wouldn't it be much, much simpler to just subvert Neo?
>>
>>44192147
Vastly, less entertaining than them continuing there "Oh poor Mercury" routine thinking their the ones looking in the right.
>>
>>44192012
You couldn't have possibly ever used Poser if you think that's fucking Poser. Poser is by far worse than that. Worse than anything.
>>
>>44192261
Actually, RWBY /is/ made in Poser.

"Many people are often surprised to hear that most of my work is done in Smith Micro's Poser. Poser has been my primary program for the last 14 years. My work in the last three seasons of Red vs Blue, and all of RWBY, has been animated almost entirely in Poser."
>>
>>44192300
Impressive. This is probably the best that can be done with it. That's it's not very good still says something, but at least it's better than 99% of Poser shit.
>>
>>44192300
That's a quote from Ohm, and not the new animator or whatever, right?
>>
>>44191478
Same way as everything else.

Roll to seduce.

>>44192342
Yup. That's from one of the interviews from... Back then.

http://www.creativebloq.com/animation/rbwy-anime-action-dynamic-3d-twist-9134477
>>
>>44192413
Ah, alright then.
>>
>>44191478
This entire season has just reeked of bullshit from the beginning, I'm sorry.

I should not be rooting for the personality-less black and white edge-monsters but I am.
>>
>>44192569
It's a tournament arc, what were you expecting?
>>
So after pokemon trainer jump, I rolled for my set of eight robot maste-

Jumps. I mean jumps.

I got

Ace Attorney
Gurren Lagann
Generic western
Familiar of zero
Dragon age inquisition
F.E.A.R
Grand Theft Auto
Storm Hawks

I think the one I understand least is Familiar of Zero. Now, time to decide where to go and do what.

I hope I didn't fuck myself up by choosing Savant and Aura instead of Aura and Psionics...
>>
>>44190909
So could I get gilgamesh's treasury of every thing? And avalon and the knight of honour would cost 1400 together? I'm not to good as this
>>
>>44192672
You can get an empty version. Don't know about the other two.
>>
>>44192672
>Gilgamesh's treasury

That's worth far more than just EX because of the sheer fucking amount of Noble Phantasms in it. At most you're gonna get an empty one with the same mechanics - and you're gonna have to fill it yourself.

Why the fuck does everybody want the Golden Jobber's personal storage sack. Make your own bloody NP's for crying out loud, have some IMAGINATION.
>>
>>44192655
Real men take Savant, Aura and Psionics. Then they fight Darkrai personally and murder that son of a bitch with their bare hands in order to deal with both of the 300 CP drawbacks.
>>
>>44192715
So I can get C rank GoB
>>
>>44192715
Special needs children going "Hurr wut de stinges nobl phantmsasm i wan dat"

If you'll notice, nobody who bothers with any kind of plans or jumper stories goes after Gilgamesh's shit, it's always the one post wonders who only care about copy catting what they think will be easy power.
>>
Street Sharks Jump
http://pastebin.com/8asWCynd

Baring any grammatical changes, this should be final product. I'll put it into PDF form when I get off work in about 3~ hrs.
>>
>>44192742
Cept Darkrai isn't that much of a god pokemon.

And anyone in pokemon can pick up basics of psionics. It's just that taking the perk lets you go up to skill level of Gardevoir.

I still learned to levitate my pokeballs somewhat, not whole set but a bit. I can do telepathy very weakly, isn't always heard and can be ignored unless the person knows I can do it and expects to receive it... And isn't too far away. I can arguably levitate equivalent of a short sword but most of time I will get a migraine and possibly a nosebleed.

Pokemon moves... Even using the weakest right now, of psychic variety,gives me a shitty headache and sometimes pass out. But the super weak ones might come out. Might. I did learn how to use heal pulse though as it utilizes Aura

I caught Darkrai by kicking his ass while wielding my aegislash and my body armor made out of pokemon parts(that they discarded or those I found that died. That was a dark part of my life.)

I also was hunted by the organization from Kalos but fuck em.
>>
>>44192915
Godspeed, man. Looks great.

How's Eldar Jump going?
>>
>>44192928
Hell there isn't even ONE Darkrai, if some random schmuck can go around in the pokemon league tournament (which is a giant elimination style thing with hundreds of people in the anime and not something where even getting there requires a massive ordeal and it's a gauntlet against the E4 where they get 1 or 2 people a week at best like in the games) without anybody in the tournament or the crowd watching feels like it's relevant enough to comment on it then it can't be some super legendary where it's nearly a myth and rules over some concept of reality or whatever.
>>
>>44192928
>I caught Darkrai by kicking his ass while wielding my aegislash and my body armor made out of pokemon parts(that they discarded or those I found that died. That was a dark part of my life.)

Make sure you don't miss what happens next time on Unlikely Ridiculous Shit when anon seduces the entire Elite 4 and uses Celebii as an ingredient in a pie.
>>
>>44192988

Them being "avatars" of the real legendary would make sense.

The rulers of cosmic phenomena should not fit inside a pokeball.
>>
>>44192915
Animal Genetic Samples seems a bit weak compared to the human ones of the same price. The human ones are actually hard to obtain, while the animal ones take one afternoon diving to replicate.
>>
File: 1447167714071.gif (2 MB, 320x199) Image search: [Google]
1447167714071.gif
2 MB, 320x199
>>44193011
That's retarded and never hinted at once in any of the games, manga or anime. Seriously, worst theory I've ever heard.

Here's a hint: Most legendaries are not gods. Even the ones that are, most of the time you're told directly that they're working with you by their own will. Darkrai isn't even in the later class, he's just a powerful, rare pokemon that can be caught by anyonel. Not a god pokemon.
>>
>>44193003
>What's a Return?
>>
>>44192928
Wouldn't you be exceptionally weak due to you being a psychic type going up against Darkrai? I mean seriously not only is he a legendary he's also a legendary with type advantage on your jumper. Also I doubt bits of Pokemon would work decently as armor without a hell of a lot of work.
>>
>>44193119
Humans don't have types that we're aware of.
>>
>>44192928
We need a jump for that pokemon series with the fusions. Burst or break? Something like that.
>>
>>44193147
ReBURST, and are you sure of that? The fusions all look fockin terrible.
>>
File: antispiralsmile.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
antispiralsmile.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>>44190548
Well, there was this one musical we were producing where we sold most of the production to various investors. Which was supposed to so bad it would then flop, allowing us to net a profit from the unused investment.

But then, it turned out Detective Cage 2: Melodious Boogaloo was a massive hit with the international market! Leaving us in financial debt.

BUT THEN, we became more in demand as a director than Christopher Nolan on the opening night of The Dark Knight Rises and proceded to direct 6 more increasingly terrible Nicholas Cage-based surreal wuxia scifi dramas.

>>44192715
Oddly enough, when I was brainstorming Elodie's EX NP I was struggling to fluff it-until I realised I was basically making the complete opposite to Gate of Babylon.

Ages later, when I was (re)writing my own EX and A+++ NPs for Jumper Me I struggled for a while, until I went back to ye olde creative process, and started trying to come up with the conceptual opposites to Excalibur and Avalon.

...I'm /sure/ there has to be a better way for coming up with Noble Phantam ideas, but apparently the only way that's worked for me so far is pulling an Ebon Dragon on some canon ones. To be fair, it might have been more because of who my Jumper and Elodie are than anything.
>>
>>44193188
You can wank that you're not an ugly fucker. Digimon Tamers just isn't enough for me.
>>
>>44193130
The general logic on Psychic type Pokemon being weak to ghost and dark still applies. You're upping your mental awareness and therefore become weaker to most of Darkrai's tricks. It's a really bad idea to do it.
>>
>>44193260
Not really. A fire type pokemon using psychic attacks does not become weaker to dark type moves.
>>
>>44193214
Dude, I'm not sure it'll work. When even the hot female trainers undergo ReBURST fusion the end result is still a 2/10.
>>
>>44192715
>Why the fuck does everybody want the Golden Jobber's personal storage sack.
The same reason I went out and found a magical chain used against the gods, a spaceship, a reality-destroying sword, etc etc.
To troll Gilgamesh.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 720x480
>>44193046
Want me to reduce the price to 200cp?
Anyone else agree?
>>
File: antispiralisdispleased.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
antispiralisdispleased.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>44193328
Dude just invest hard in illusions/holograms and do the same thing with a garden hose, a cardboard box and a nerf bat

Don't waste your life trying to impress someone else, that's not healthy for you or anyone else.
>>
>>44193368
But how else will they get senpai to notice them?
>>
>>44193292
What about the girl with the Purrloin Burst Heart?

Oh wait, she's the one with the seduction ability anyway. Too over-the-top.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>44193388
Sometimes sempai ain't worth it, man.

Sometimes you just gotta accept that the only sempai that matters...is the one who you can be if you just try hard enough.

But er, not too hard of course.
>>
>>44193368
A) I don't have illusionary capabilities capable of fooling Gil with that.
B) While the exact type of power and loot I went after was somewhat guided by my natural desire to troll, the stuff itself was a worthwhile investment even on its own merits.
C) Coming from you in particular, lectures on what is healthy are hilarious. Thank you for that.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 720x480
>>44192942
Ugh. I'm thinking giving up the Eldar Jump. I was totally into it at first then I wasn't. I'll post what I got up for adoption, I'll even throw in a pastebin link so they can copy the text from there. I don't care if someone guts it, but I think I bogarded the jump.

http://pastebin.com/nc0UCZi0

Again sorry for getting everyone's (including mine) hopes up. However it is what it is. If you wish to make it your own, I give you my blessing. By you, I mean anyone who wishes to take it up.

You don't even have to give me any credit if you feel like it. I don't care, just rather see someone finish it and do the jump Justice.
>>
>>44193426
You can't be your own senpai, silly anti-spiral.
>>
>>44193119
>>44193260
If anything a human psychic would be Normal/Psychic type. You'd take extra damage from some of Darkrai's moves but you could still affect it with moves like Punch or Kick.
>>
>>44193442
Aaand thus another jump's dead.
>>
>>44193451
Humans do not have have types.
>>
>>44193348
I'm good with it as it's priced. Maybe have it so the database can analyse data about future animal samples?
>>
>>44193348
Yeah. Propably better at 200 or so.
>>
>>44193457
No it's not, anon. I'm quite sure someone will grab it soon.
>>
>>44193442
Fucking stop. Just because you don't feel all consuming hype for it right this fucking second doesn't mean you can't work on it later. Holy shit, stop killing jumps on a goddamn whim. "Oh my every waking moment isn't make up of thoughts of this jump I can't do it now." Just go slowly instead of killing a jump and ensuring something never has a CYOA made for it.

>>44193481
Never happens. Fuck off.
>>
>>44193368
>not living for something greater than yourself

What's the point?
>>
>>44193442
You're complete trash. Just get out and go away.
>>
>>44193491
Anon, if it wasn't clear enough that was me saying that if someone else doesn't grab it before I'm done making a jump I'm working on, I will.
>>
>>44193514
>Mysterious anon who has never made a jump is totally promising they're totally going to make it guys.
Oh wow I'm so believing you're not just bullshitting right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 1600x1047) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 1600x1047
>>44193457
Don't say it like that. There's plenty of people who would love to see it done. I just couldn't force myself to finish it. So instead of just hoarding it I'm letting it go.

>>44193491
I'm not killing jumps on a whim. It's my third or so jump I've given up. Changeling was picked up, Deadlands was too similar to Wild West. Although I probably have to go back and re-read the source material. That's been there for too long.
>>
>>44193003
>>44193119

Yeah, there are pokemon who can use moves with types that are not their own and it doesn't make them more vulnerable.

As for my armor... It's mostly using them as enhances or aesthetic. That fire buy pokemon. When I find em, best if they are going to die from old age, I just get some wings to work into my wing suit somewhat.

Mostly it isn't strong.

But dark type pokemon's fur, skins, etc? Super useful to wear if you are afraid of goddam Sabrina going back into her previous anime kuudere state and fucking you up with her psionics. Granted, it limits my own psionics and makes me feel worse but still, protection is protection.

I don't use psychic stuff directly on Darkrai. But notice this:
-there are many darkrais and even the movie one was a jobber
-Crescelia's scales stop his influence
-Aegislash has his King's shield to protect against anything. The issue is that he is ghost and Darkrai is Dark... But Aegislash learns fighting moves. And again, the shield.

And we were shown that Riley could use his Aura to make a shield around himself or something. And Aura Ball is a fighting move.

And dark types are weak to fighting.

Also, I spent shitload of time learning to sword fight in jump, and Aegislash tassels wrap around the arm, stabilizing it and itself gaining support to help with swings.

Also, anime shown move combinations or using aura in a group. PIKACHU used Thunder while on Swellow to make a thunder armor. And Riley used aura with Lucario.

So I channeled aura through Aegislash and it's shield
>>
>>44193512
And you certainly don't help an already toxic-ass environment, now do you?
>>
>>44193491
It's happened with a bunch of stuff. The only ones you've got to worry about are the ones from obscure settings with not a lot done. This is 40K and a lot of it is set out and done already so it's a pretty appealing grab.

Look at Changeling. That was also one by Manyfist and it ended up really good.
>>
>>44193533
Thankfully, nobody cares what you believe!
>>
>>44193536
You're killing it on a whim. You don't feel full hype for it every fucking second, so instead of going slowly, you kill it and ensure it'll never get a jump. Just because people would like it, doesn't mean it'll get fucking made. There are plenty of settings that have no jump. This will just be another one. People don't pick up abandoned projects.

>It's my third or so jump I've given up
And this just proves that you have a fucking problem of killing things on a whim.

>>44193556
And nobody cares what you say, nameless anon without an identity, jumps, or other proof that anyone should have any confidence in you.
>>
>>44193205
So what did Elodie's NP even do?
>>
>>44193555
>It's happened with a bunch of stuff.
An outright lie.
>>
>>44193569
>And nobody cares what you say, nameless anon without an identity, jumps, or other proof that anyone should have any confidence in you.
Oh the irony
>>
>>44193569
>here are plenty of settings that have no jump. This will just be another one.
...The setting already has several jumps. Do you even know what Eldar Jump is?
>>
>>44193591
I'm not claiming I'm going to make this jump so people shouldn't be angry, am I?

>>44193592
Manyfist said that Eldar jump would get picked up because people liked the idea. Yet there are many things people like that don't have jumps. All I'm pointing out is that people liking something is no assurance of anything. It's a pretty fair point.
>>
>>44193442
This looks like it's mostly done. An intro paragraph here, some starting locations there... who knows?

It'd be on the backlog, but if nobody objects, I could pick this up.
>>
File: saltysquids.png (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
saltysquids.png
108 KB, 500x500
>>44193569
I wish there was an appropriate picture of iron fillings or something like pic related, because that's some rich irony there senpai.
>>
So, if you spread tales of a NP of your in many jumps, does it become more powerful as people in jumps talk about it and spread its legend or it doesn't work due to leaving the jump causing time stop in that jump, or just the NP being too young?
>>
>>44193625
See >>44193622

There's no irony in any sense of the word.
>>
>>44193622
Anon, throwing a hissy fit when you can't coerce anyone over the internet is not what other people call "a fair point".

I mean, I agree with your last sentence actually. But call me overconfidant, but considering how popular 40K is on this very board I'm fairly hopeful someone will
>>
>>44193586
Well DC was unfinished and picked up, Changeling as well. Not really a bunch but I bet there's more, I don't really follow who does what that closely.
>>
>>44193632
I...don't remember Val or anyone else's rulings on this, actually.

I think it wouldn't work because the "gaining strength from legend" is, like many things from Type-Moon, a metaphysical phenomena unique to Type-Moon just as other settings don't have Counter Guardians that come arrest you if you do something to threaten the planet or a Root for you to reach.

So basically yeah-time stop prevents growth. You could always try buffing it with other magical crafting stuff though?
>>
RIP Warmachine / Hordes.
>>
>>44193643
No, making an obvious logical observation is a fair point. Your inability to separate out different parts of my argument and look at them individually makes me question your intelligence.

>Call me overconfident
Delusional is a better word.
>>
>>44193569
Have you ever considered that it's your toxic behavior to attacking anyone who makes jumps (for free, no less) that's causing people to stop working on them? Why would they work on something when anons like you are vomiting acid down their throat?
>>
>>44193675
RIP anything worth looking forward to if this week has been any indication.
>>
>>44193696
Have you ever considered that using buzzwords from a certain social movement is going to make people ignore your opinions?
>>
>>44193683
The 'you killed the jump' sentiment is just as blinkered than the people saying it's all going to be fine, you've consistently expressed it in a more hysterical manner and you've also been proven incorrect given at least two people have already said they're willing to pick it up.
>>
>>44193712
>being blunt about asshole behavior
>"oh lol you're just a sjw"
Nice strawmanning there.
>>
>>44193696
Also
>Attacking anyone making jumps
Are you projecting some fear of a bogeyman onto me and pretending every asshole in these threads is me? That's rich anon. Rich and delusional.
>>
>>44193732
It's more that your language hints that you're someone not worth paying attention to. Deal with it or learn what words call you out.

>>44193729
It's a fact. You have someone sitting there saying they'll do it who is an anon, someone who has never made jumps and thus someone we have no reason to believe. It's rather naive to trust them.
>>
I take it we've all agreed to forget the reasons the anon who was making The Mummy left?

Y'know, because of thread levels of horseshit?
>>
>>44193758
Yeah and wakfu you doss cunt.
>>
>>44193767
Isn't he the one who said he was going to quit last week?
>>
>>44193776
He asked for advice on whether he should keep going, then later updated Goat Simulator and revealed that he's making progress again.

Whatever was going on, it seems to have been mitigated.
>>
>>44193776
He never said anything of the sort.

But I take it he's not worth your attention anyway.
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>44193578
Sorry, took me a while to find the pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/y9mi0K1e

Gotta go for now, got some stuff to write.
>>
>>44193776
So now you're antagonizing jumpmakers who want to do jumps as well as ones who don't want to do them. What precisely are you hoping to achieve with your shitfit?
>>
>>44193760
I've come to accept that folks here have short tempers and inconveniently long memories. As in, ones that accentuate the negative.
>>
>>44193839
Call that antagonizing if you want, but that wasn't the intent. The intent is, I don't have confidence in him staying, let alone making anything else.
>>
So Jumpers, what is the best accidental combos you made while jumping ?
>>
>>44193839
I can only assume his rageboner is such that he's deluded into thinking he can somehow bully jumps out of the internet's aether. The aethernet?
>>
>>44193879
The terrifying roar perk from Jurassic Park and a voice throwing perk from Scooby Doo. It wasn't even me that got it, but a companion that was focused on stealth and melee. He had fun with that, running goons into clotheslinees and the like. On a couple occasions he used it to make extremely small spaces sound like they hid giant monsters.
>>
>>44193547
So wait, since we now are past the shitstorm, what do you guys think if this? Makes sense or none at all
>>
>>44193446
but you can be other people's sempai
>>
>>44193896
>Here, anon, I coalesced into these jumps. I-it's not like I did it for you or anything, I just fell into some templates by accident!
>>
>>44193947
Not everyone wants to.
>>
>>44193947
Be the sempai you want to see in the world.
>>
>>44193879
My best two are accidentally replicating the Timer Turner magic from HP with Creative Composition from Ar Tonelico, and realising that a Philosophal Stone from FMA could potentially be composed of the 3 billions souls dissolved by 2nd Impact in Evangelion.
>>
>>44193967
what he said
>>
>>44193879
Themed Power+Summon Greater Steamroller

Steampunk steamroller ho!

>>44193872
Here's what your "intent" has achieved: I was considering doing an Sacrifice jump earlier today but if I'll have to put up with self-righteous cunts like you who can't tell the difference between expressing a meaningful concern civilly and raging if I get stuck somewhere along the way then I'm not even going to bother.
>>
>>44193996
No you weren't. And hell, even if you were, anyone with skin as thin as yours would've gotten mad at some other argument in the interim, one that didn't involve me like most don't.
>>
Remember the reasons JoJo Anon left.

Rampant assbaggery. Kinda like what's going on right now.
>>
>>44193971
If you want a large Philosophers Stone use Coruscant, permanent population of 1 trillion (Discounting visitors & tourists).
>>
>>44194018
Tell yourself whatever you need to feel like you're right and everyone's wrong. Just don't expect anyone else to agree with you. To be fair though, I was just thinking about the idea and hadn't even gotten any notes.
>>
>>44194043
Because the IRC and thread attacked her specifically when she tried to intervene in a thread vs IRC fight. Not really all that comparable to Manyfist being yelled at for dropping a project.
>>
>>44194068
Okay no I was just kinda trying to make >>44193867 a reality.
>>
>>44194068
...okay, which exactly are you arguing is worse here?

And if we're going to be dragging up Bad Things That We Should Be Ashmed About, I present Exhibit B: SoAnon/Lycoris.
>>
>>44194085
I don't get it. You wanted someone to chime in with an inconveniently long memory?
>>
>>44194068
Still involves shouting at the end of the day though. If the image of the people you're making stuff for becomes sour enough you're probably not going to bother. People being unreasonable, negative and making the same point over and over again for half a thread in the name of 'telling it like it is' are probably not the best thing to have around if we're trying to foster an environment where stuff actually gets made.
>>
>>44193879
2x4 tech genius+Chosen of Death

BEHOLD: THE LEGENDARY PROPELER HAT! TREASURED SYMBOL OF VISHNU! MYTHIC WEAPON FORGED UPON PRIMORDIAL URATH!

...also it's a propeler hat that lets you fly at Mach 10.
>>
>>44194141
See >>44194085, anon was just uh. Just either trying to make a funny or being an idiot, and probably both.
>>
>>44194065
Yeah but the 3 billion are already dead whereas i kinda don't want to commit mass-scale genocide.

Which brings me to another idea: Jumpchain the Pacifist Run. Only rule is no killing, everything else is fair game.

Come on /jc/, impress me.
>>
File: Sundowner.jpg (118 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
Sundowner.jpg
118 KB, 584x622
JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS AFTER JOJO/11!
>>
>>44194171
>implying anyone can go two jumps before slitting someone's throat.
>>
I hate you impossible to solve google word captcha.
>>
>>44194171
>Option A: Get that perk from Elona that lets you use WMDs non-lethally
>Option B: Mind Control EVERYONE
>>
>>44194171
I accidentally did something like this. The only weapon I used was the tranq from Pokemon upgraded over dozens of jumps including Evil's Bane and the weapon alignment perk in Samurai Jack. I also took multiple perks that render damage non-lethal. Some jumps were flatly off-limits. Gauntlets, LoT, a few others. I also took plenty of healing or revival perks just in case.

It failed because I killed skeletons in Castlevania.
>>
>>44194250
You can't kill the undead.
>>
>>44194171
If you're okay with subjecting people to fates worse than death, you could always trap people in other dimensions forever (sealing perks or the Imprisonment spell from D&D), turn them to still-conscious stone forever (Permanent Flesh to Stone? Petrifying gazes? Who knows?), or even mind-control other people into doing your dirty work.
>>
File: determined.png (333 KB, 680x1039) Image search: [Google]
determined.png
333 KB, 680x1039
>>44194204
Not going to lie: I still prefer them to the picture captchas

>>44194171
A jump with mind control. And some others.

Then-mind control people to stop 'em from fighting with you!

>>44194202
Go away Fallen Child
>>
>>44194258
Then it succeeded but I still felt bad. I'm pretty sure at least some of those skellies were sapient.
>>
>>44194270
>I still prefer them to the picture captchas
I literally can't solve them. I've done it for twenty minutes before until I just gave up. It's lucky the regular posting catpcha is image mode for me, but I can't do anything about this other window.
>>
>>44194315

In my case, because I usually increase the text size for more comfortable reading, the picture window always ends up slightly too large to fit on my screen.

So fuck it. I can type.
>>
>>44194426
I hate picture captchas when they crop up on my mobile devices. Always decides it wants to put 1/3rd of the images off screen when I can't touch them.
>>
How do you guys usually mark up your chronicles? Do you just keep a list of everything you do, everywhere you go, etc., or do you make a play-by-play of all your actions in the world, like a sort of story summary? However you do it, I'm curious.
>>
File: SPACESHIP.webm (3 MB, 1152x480) Image search: [Google]
SPACESHIP.webm
3 MB, 1152x480
So how does the Master Builder perk from LEGO jump work once you're not working with LEGOs anymore? Does it just make everything work like LEGOs?
>>
>>44193879
>Gastrea Virus from Black Bullet.
>Removed metal effects with RE customization to make it a beneficial virus.
>216km Fleshmetal LoT
>Read up on Gastrea
>Infected tend are stronger and tougher based on size.
>Sure why not, let's do this.
End result is a flesh titan robot that is 216km long minimum and shits highways of spider silk... in space.
>>
>>44194708
YOU FOOL
>>
>>44194708
This pleases Nurgle.

And maybe Khorne too.
>>
>>44194720
Hey it gets better. Each infected host gets animal traits as well. I rolled from a list and got spider.
So on top of all that it can also shit silk thread the length of highways. Why? Why not?

>>44194798
And I can live with that. I like to think the other two enjoy it in their own ways as well.
>>
>>44194937
Well, Tzeentch probably appreciates the idea Jumpers as complete anomalies and out of context problems.

As for Slaanesh-well, there's gotta be a fetish for that. Somewhere.

If Malal existed he'd disapprove though
>>
>>44194975
I thought Malal exists, he's just dead. Isn't it Necoho that's the Chaos God who doesn't exist?
>>
>>44195126
Necoho exists, he just has very, very few followers and they spend their time massively fucking up other followers of chaos.
>>
>>44195166
No, I mean Necoho "doesn't exist". I was playing along with the joke of him being the god of atheism.
>>
>>44194658
Blend of all of that in CherryTree. Depends on the jumps themselves really. Some of theme I have more inspiration/knowledge to work with, and others where I have no idea and just jot out an overall plan for a decade spent.

>>44194937
So what would happen if the animal you rolled was a honeybadger? Or Johj.
>>
>>44195212
He's pretty insistent that he doesn't exist, yeah. He doesn't have any precepts other than 'don't believe in gods' and 'sometimes fuck with the cults to other Chaos gods if you can but don't go out of your way to make it a lifestyle or something'
>>
>>44194171
I'm planning on doing this as my next Chain. I'm going to make it harder, though - no inflicting fates worse than death on people either, including permanently mind controlling them, rewriting their personalities, or other things which I really can't consider myself pacifist if I'm doing.

Odds are I'm going to die, but it'll be an interesting death.
>>
>>44193879
1st combo, super doom bots:
Craftsman of the Gods, and a number of perks that allow me to turn my powers into item, I can now make exact replicas of myself that are stronger than me.
combo 2, total knowledge:
Approximate Knowledge from Adventure Time, Simple Scientific Solution and Overcoming Sample Bias from Tenchi Muyo, Take What You Know from Investigation, Death of the Author from Princess Bride, Universal Canon from Lone Wolf, Pause from Tropico, and a number of precognition and inference perks I can't remember right now. Approximate knowledge of everything, the ability to take incomplete or incorrect information or complete and correct it, see the future and consequences of my actions, and to do it "instantly" by stopping everything but my mental processes.
>>
>>44195369
By the way, how's Chrono Trigger going? Last I saw the pastebin looked almost ready
>>
>>44195430
Slowly. Almost everything is ready, and I'm just doing all the writing. I typically make some changes when I write, so I wouldn't call it Jumpable, but the only big change I'm likely going to make is adding "Endings." Which will be blatantly stolen from CCDT and his objectives.
>>
>>44195490
No sweat, and glad to hear it! And hey, CCDT took the idea from Dirge and his scenarios.
>>
>>44195490
Will there be one that can make my waifu retroactively descended from a frog person?
>>
>>44195592
There will be an ending where you set up Frog and Leene, yes. Not sure the reward yet, though, but it probably won't be giving you frog abilities. There's a perk for that.

Other ones I'm considering are making sure the Reptites beat humanity and become the dominant species, getting Tata to win against Magus, and fighting and killing Lavos as the very first thing you do when you're in the Jump.
>>
So here are a few questions regarding what people think will work with Pokemon jump:

1. Can one make clothes or armor from fur or skins or such of dark types in order to be resistant against attacks of psychics, since in Anime Psychic and Confusion tend to be telekinesis... while there is also Sabrina's bullshit. Would such clothes/armor protect against those somewhat due to dark types being immune against psychics?

2. Aura stuff, unless specifically stated otherwise(like dark pulse) is Fighting?

3. It was possible for Riley and Lucario to use Aura together, and there were some odd combo moves like Pikachu using Thunder on Swellow to create a thunder armor thing, oddly. So coul you arguably channel your Aura through your pokemon or use it to enhance its moves?

3a. If the 3 is true, can you do it with honedge or its evolutionary line to improve its slashes if you wield it? Or improve the King's shield move with Aura?
>>
>>44194204
Robots please leave
>>
>>44195707
Is there a canon companion option? I want me some cavelady.
>>
>>44195836
I generally don't do canon companions, although I am giving the option to recruit Gaspar, and have Spekkio hang out in your warehouse for when you need a good fight. I will include an option to pick up companions from in-universe, complete with the species, home time, and element of your choice.
>>
Hey Babylon guy a question: 1.SPYRER ARMOUR Has a jump Chan Warranty if you purchase it with points right? 2.If so does dismantling it for parts void that warranty?
>>
File: 1377942424673.jpg (17 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
1377942424673.jpg
17 KB, 404x404
>>44196018
>Gaspar
>Spekkio
Why? Nobody wants them.
>Shitty OC wank donut steels
Nobody wants them either.

Chrono Trigger is a series where people really like some of the characters, so you're doing everyone a disservice by not letting them pick up canon companions.
>>
>>44195716
1. Not by default, no. Just because the pokemon were immune doesn't mean the skins would help you any.

2. Sure?

3. I'd say you could do combination moves. Directly channeling it through the pokemon propably doesn't work, but you could propably help it out a bit with creative use of Aura.

3a. I'm really not a fan of the use of _wielding_ honedge. It can move faster than you, is stronger, wields itself better, and generally you as a trainer would just get in the way of it trying to fight.
Anyway... I'd say no, you can't improve it's slashes or shield directly. You could try to use Aura to complement it's fighting indirectly, but just trying to pour your Aura in there and expecting it to buff it will propably not work very well.
>>
>>44196018
>>44196153
It's like the Dark Souls bitch-fest all over again.
>>
the crossover drawback from Smash Bros jump just got a lot more interesting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV6E13xODyA
>>
>>44196225
Except Nubee quickly decided to give us Canon companions and literally everyone rejoiced and picked up their waifus and Solaire. So I don't see how that's a bad thing.
>>
>>44196117
What exactly were you planning?
>>
>>44196236
What next? Chosen Undead?
Shovel Knight?
Shirou Emiya?

GARcher?
>>
>>44193632
>>44193674
Legend is not taken into account for Jumpchain purposes. It's too contradictory and obscure even in the source, much less trying to handle it in JC terms.
>>
>>44196397
>GARcher
>Not Gay Bulge Lancer
>>
>>44196397
I like to think those four would team up as the seemingly less awesome guys who keep up with the more cartoon physics-y combatents through sheer skill and determination

...well okay, GARcher's a borderline case but hey was initially thought of as one of the weaker Servants in-universe, and by himself of course
>>
File: tumblr_nzf8ksYacx1qb1k7po3_1280.jpg (490 KB, 1024x1449) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzf8ksYacx1qb1k7po3_1280.jpg
490 KB, 1024x1449
>>44196397
sadly bayo, cloud, and Fire Emblem guy are the last DLC chars
>>
>>44196018
Shoulda let me make the jump then.
>>
>>44196291
Well II kind of took it apart a while back to Upgrade my jacket,With the parts And now I realize I don't have any power armor that scale, so I'm wondering if it gets replaced.
>>
>>44196529
I'd ask what your credentials are, but then again you probably don't have any. Assuming you're not samefagging.

>>44196254
>>44196153

...y'know the weird thing is, I'm repulsed by your tone, choice of words and picture but I agree with you in principle

>>44196018
I do think it'd be worthwhile for Chrono Trigger, just for nostalgia and such. I think it should be fine as long as there's exclusion clauses for things like Lavos & and other cosmic beings. Doesn't have to be a Dark Souls-style roster of people to pick; could you at least consider a canon companion recruitment option?
>>
>>44196584
Technically you still have the armour, even if it is in a lot of bits built into other stuff so no, no replacement. Sorry!
>>
>>44196597
>I'd ask what your credentials are
I'd give 'em to you, but you wouldn't believe me.
>>
>>44196626
I believe you when you say I wouldn't believe you, for what that's worth.

And hey, I do understand your position. Just as long as you understand mine in not being able to take your word at face value.

Actually I have a sneaking suspicion of who you are based on something you may or may not have said several threads ago, but for the sake of not having an argument I'll keep mum
>>
>>44196597
I thought my tone was pretty bland except for calling OC 'OC wank donut steel', which is a pretty lighthearted insult.

Also Anise is a bitch, so using her is appropriate for a complaint comment.
>>
>>44196584
Dude, you just completely nullified some of the Spyrer Armor's main benefits.
>>
>>44196153
>>44196597
I'm not big on offering canon characters as companions. It feels... Off to just be able to spend points and have someone abandon their lives to go dimension-hopping. I know a lot of people have a different opinion, but that's mine. I don't think I'm alone in it either, which is why so few jumps have a canon companion option.

Anyway, because of that, when I offer a canon character, it needs a reason. So far, the only one I've offered was Naija, and she's got a reason to come with you. Gaspar's mainly included because I feel bad for him - he was going to be the eighth playable character, but was cut during the design phase. Even aside from that, he seems like he'd be interested in something other than spending forever at the End of Time. Same with Spekkio - he likes meeting new people and seeing new wars.

Ayla, though? She's got someone waiting for her back home, not to mention the entire human species. Same with Crono and Marle - they've got royal duties to attend to, and that's assuming they're not embroiled with a massive war with a super-advanced military emperor, or dead. Lucca's going to have an orphanage if it doesn't get burned down. Frog's got a kingdom to protect. Robo's got his hands full becoming an integrated circuit. Magus won't be interested unless you're hitting up Chrono Cross next. Their stories are pretty well tied to the world they're in.

Anyway, I'll take it under advisement.
>>
>>44196771
The strength enhancing? yeah my jacket has magical strength enhancement already,I made it a strength Enhancing button for it By using Stacked Bayoneta and DMC weapon crafting perks on Cabrakan From Smite
>>
Calling AdmiralAnon, come in Admiral.

Integrated Weapon Systems - 100 CP - One of your cybernetic arms has been extensively modified, integrating your weapon of choice into it's design. It does require said arm to be transformed into a weapon configuration before it can be used, however, and everyone will recognize the fact that you're an effective walking tank, and react accordingly.

This is an option in Deus Ex Human Revolution. Could I use it to merge a weapon from another jump into my cybernetics (assuming it's small enough to reasonably fit) or is it just weapons from this jump? It doesn't specify either way. I'd like to but a bow in my arm to do some good old fashioned cyborg archery.

Also, how do the integrated weapons (like the blades if you get Give Me Deus Ex) work if you take the end of jump option to turn your augs into nanites? Do they just appear in a swirl of nanotech?
>>
>>44196819
Personal charisma. Since somebody felt like bringing it up, Dark Souls requires you to convince them to come with you, even after buying them as a canon companion. Do you think it's hard for people to talk someone into wanting to come with them?
>>
>>44196699
>Anise is a bitch

...can't argue with that.

>OC wank donut steel

Eh, different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm just sick of people talking shit while trying to make important points-not least because I do agree with some of them, and I feel like the other shit detracts from the message by convincing the other guy to get pissed and ignore the gist of what you're saying.

>>44196819
I see, I'm disappointed although I understand your position.

I'm somewhat ambivalent on Gaspar and Spekkio; on the one hand it does seem like exceptions to the rule, on the other hand you're not wrong either.

I just had an idea for Magus that maybe you could recruit him if you took a +0CP that makes your next chronological jump Chrono Cross, but as we don't have a Chrono Cross jump WIP I guess that's unfeasible
>>
>>44196607
So if I had a duplicate of my jacket I'd be able to put it back together?
>>
>>44190447
So, after consulting with top voodoo economists and several others with much more moral and common sense than I, I have decided to restrict my posts to builds, the brief "What I did in this Jump is...", and relevant questions/answers/suggestions to others in the thread. So no more creepifying Greentexts.

Moving on with an edit to what I did taking into account how bad of a person I've apparently become.

It's rather embarrassing to say, but I never graduated from Hogwarts. Didn't even finish my OWLS. When Harry found out that I'd been manipulating events around him to suit what I thought was a better path, he was a bit annoyed with me. We had an argument in the graveyard, things were said that couldn't be unsaid, and he went back to school by himself.

I never saw him again.

It's a big world, right? I could learn more traveling with my Companions, who actually understand me, than I could tied down to a bunch of kids at a school. BBEG was already taken care of, so let's have fun, yeah? It was no fun pretending to be human anyway.

I didn't need to pander to them. I didn't need their fragile little friendship.

Emmy and them get me. They like me.

Tolerate is the same as like, right?
>>
>>44196819
Actually-belay that for a second; >>44196900 might be on to a good idea. Perhaps not automatic, immediate companionhood, but a purchase that makes it so's if you can (voluntarily, without psionic control bullshit or the like; I'm not sure how charisma/MC perks would fit in here) convince one of the characters to become your companion then they can come with?
>>
>>44196913
You only gain one suit of armour per purchase.
>>
File: sig.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>44196915
Forgot my doodah last post.

Jump 36: The Matrix
>Location
City Ruins
>Background
Alias: Scavenger
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>Skills and Abilities
Waking Up--able to sense people that want to escape their current life, what they want to become, and what they want to escape.
Desert of the Real--able to scavenge and understand technology
>Companions
We're In--Companion Import
Emmy
>Background
Female
Drop-In
>Skills & Abilities
Waking Up--able to sense people that want to escape their current life, what they want to become, and what they want to escape.
Plugs
Paved in Bones--innate understanding of human body and how it works
Chartreuse
>Background
Female
Drop-In
>Skills & Abilities
Multiprocessor--able to focus on up to ten things at once with no oss in performance or efficiency
God Damn Woman, You Can Drive--if don't care about damage, can drive a vehicle at maximum performance. possible to break before reaching destination
>>
>>44196771
To be fair, it's not nearly the worst idea he's had.

>>44196872
I've noticed there is no "cabrakan" from Smite so I can only assume your retardation/speech to text software is acting up again.

>>44196915
Good man. Voodoo economists provide the best advice.

>spoiler

You're well on the way to following in Konata's footsteps, anon
>>
>>44196819
if Dark Souls Anon could finally fucking relent and let us take canon companions why is it such a big deal for this one.

Stop being a cock and give us the option.
>>
>>44197009
He did the same thing Wakfu is doing, giving you a selection of canon characters. Not anyone you want. Stop complaining.
>>
>>44196977
I figured that, but I do duplicate my jacket fairly regularly. Since the jacket folds into the one Meter cube Mine craft duplication works on, I figure I could take one of the copies and put The systems back together on the Presently Disarmed display Piece Of the main body of the armor.
>>
>>44196995
con't

Sentinel Steve--Sentinel Machine that has been reprogrammed/defected and wants to help Humanity over the Machines.
Only Human--very effective insults in just a few words.
Sharp Eye--able to spot coding errors, lies, or anything else that is just wrong
Connectivity--able to interface with any computer can touch
Desert of the Real--able to scavenge and understand technology
Cause and Effect--understand and predict cause and effect relationships from actions of self and others
Tow Bomb--homing missile size of a child, can be launched remotely
Laser Cutters--laser built into Steve that easily cuts through metal and flesh.
>Items
Slick Shades--wide octagonal lenses, matte black, wrap around eyes to cover peripheral vision as well. if damaged, restore in half an hour
Tools--tool belt with tools that never erode or degrade. work with most equipment.
Computer Terminal--super beefy computer with eleven monitors, made to watch over the Matrix.
Neural Rig Chair (x2) --chair that allows to wirelessly plug into Matrix
Sentinel Blueprints--set of blueprints of Sentinels. Can use to hack into and reprogram the man-hunters.
>Drawbacks
Stability--can't get too flashy in public, or cause people to question the Matrix and possibly crash it, killing everyone inside.
Causality--The Merovingian has something precious of mine (likely Emmy and Chartreuse), uses to force me to do what he wants until I can free them.
>>
>>44197029
He's giving us non-canon losers nobody cares about is the thing. It's worthy of complaint even if you don't like that anon's tone. That's why theres 3-4 people doing it and not one.
>>
>>44196160
Well, there were Aura trace nullifying clothes in Pokemon Manga, so it... might work? Depends.

3 and 3a: Ah, see, there is the assumption that it is faster, stronger and wields itself better. But the Body fitness perk makes me near Captain America levels so who knows.

As for the Aura... Well, since Riley could form Aura shields, one could arguably cover Aegislash edge in Aura or such. Or, if Aegislash's Kingshield move originates from the Shield, it MIGHT work if you try to form the shield just behind or in front of attack, as a support. but Mixing energies of both might be... I dunno.

The issue is that everyone expects that I would want to do this immediately. No. It would take better part of ten years, and learning how to fight with Honedge from its first form, learning how to cooperate and use team work, to do it well. And hell, technically the pouring energy into it might work since Honedge's DID drain energy of those that DARED to grab its hilt, without its permission.

And to be fair, Aegislash and others might be trying to levitate themselves into things if they want to do the cut, but consider where is their center of gravity. And they have to levitate themselves properly for it to work. Being SWUNG actually lets them concentrate on increasing their momentum instead of focusing on every little intricacy.

Imagine any power that allows you to self-levitate yourself. Try to imagine how hard it is to push yourself in a certain direction when compared to trying to slash using your own body with the self levitation.

In such case, the tassel is part of Aegislash and due to it being wrapped around one's arm, it makes it easier to orientate itself in regards to the world, or as I said, focus on momentum as the Trainer is concentrating on swinging it properly.
>>
>>44197000
That's where you're wrong.

http://smite.gamepedia.com/Cabrakan
>>
>>44196900
>>44196946
That could work. Again, it's still under advisement, but offering a slot to recruit someone could work.

>>44196905
Like I said, I feel sorry for Gaspar. He deserves a chance to become a playable character. It's totally a whim, I'll admit, and if people don't like the idea I can drop him.

As for Spekkio, he's honestly more a living warehouse structure than a companion. He's not going to come on adventures, but he'll fight you when you're up for a challenge (and give you prizes each time you've reached a new plateau of strength) and teach people who have strong hearts and determination how to use magic.
>>
>>44197040
What I did this Jump is...

This is likely one of those where I stay away from the main plot as much as I can, focus on getting whatever the Merovingian has back through any means necessary. Very rarely interact with Zion, but mostly it's to trade tech that we scavenge from the surface. I just don't want to be around people for a good long while. Our chairs are installed in the Headless Chicken, so don't need one of their hovercrafts. Steve is an issue with the freed humans, who tend to be shoot first, don't bother with questions when it comes to Sentinels. He helps subdue Sentinel patrols, that I take and reprogram/upgrade and make into the air force component of my growing droid army. Had at least a hundred in the Warehouse when the Jump ended....
>>
>>44197037
Unrelated topic, I heard you got banned from IRC finally after your 'kill the Muslims' shit a few threads back.

Confirm or deny
>>
>>44197009
>>44197047

As one of the people in favour of consenting canon companions, demanding people to do what you say isn't a good way to get it, especially when they're under no obligation to do things for you, explained their reasoning for why they're not doing a thing and are far away across the internet from you.

I'm asking you to cool your tone in the hope that he'll actually consider the idea instead of having a kneejerk reaction.

>>44197064
Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to the final work.
>>
>>44197087
Confirm Also got a one-day band from posting on TG.
>>
>>44197087
Occasional IRC lurker here, he totally was.

Apparently he was also briefly banned from the thread too. Alas, that ban was only temporary.
>>
>>44197105
unsurprised
>>
>>44196819
Considering the way Ayla was crushing on Chrono, I don't think she's actually seeing one during the game's plot. She probably hooks up with someone (leading to the royal family) later on.
>>
>>44197129
'Bout fucking time as well, gotta wonder who he bribed to be allowed to stick around.
>>
Jump 37: Portal
Goal
Complete GLaDOS's initial tests and escape the facility twice. basically play through the games' campaign modes. Takes about five years.
>Origins
Test Subject
Alias: Test Subject 337
Sex: Female
>Perks
"....."--skilled at giving and interpreting nonverbal communication, such as facial expressions and gestures.
Thinking with Portals--Innate knowledge of how gravity, kinetic energy, momentum, and other physics affects body or items in any given scenario.
Good enough for science. Not Aperture Science!--Ph.D's in Applied Physics of Quantum Tunnelling, Multiverse Search Algorithms, and event horizon containment.
>Items
Storage Cube Inventory--50 nearly indestructible storage containers, need to know how to open. exactly the same size on the inside.
Portal Gun--Mother-Lovin' Portal Gun.
Long Fall Boots--footwear that negates damage from landing on feet at up to terminal velocity.
Conversion Gel Recipe--goop that makes a surface Portal-friendly. Requires Moons.
Repulsion Gel Recipe--anything that hits this blue gel bounces back
Propulsion Gel Recipe--orange gel that accelerates anything that moves on top of it, unless object is at rest.
Gel Cannon--backpack with hose made to shoot various gels with the force of a firehose. Shoots Conversion Gel. Stores up to 80 gallons
Weighted Companion Cube--Storage cube with a heart on it. Keep it safe until the end and get a party with Companions and friends from previous Jumps.
>>
>>44197096
I generally try to ignore assholes.

>>44197147
I'm pretty sure she and Kino hooked up between the Gate Key incident and taking down Azala. At least if the "Ayla very strong" comment is anything to go by.
>>
>>44197209

Yay, more time to myself and my Companions with only GLaDOS and the various personality cores as outside company. The tests are nice and distracting, though GLaDOS didn't appreciate the times I would get frustrated and just rip the testing chambers apart. She did, however, like that I was a fair bit more durable than her other test subjects. She could get a lot more creative. Really, the whole point of taking this one was to get some kickass superquasiscience. Was rather sad but unsurprised to see that no one from HP showed up to the party at the end. Then again, no one really showed up to it at all. Just Lt. Archer from Strike Witches, and she hated me. Am I really that bad of a person?
>>
>>44197172
I could make a hurtful joke about hot pockets here but I'm just grateful to whatever kind moderator banished him, if only temporarily.

And I hope they'll stick around to permaban Banjo for his next inevitable fuckup.
>>
>>44197264
Ok, now I'm sad. Be a better person so you have some happy stories. Thus spake random anon, thus it must be.
>>
>>44197257
Might be something more innocent, like mild impression at her being tough, but either way I'll make sure to get to her quick.
>>
>>44197055
So anyone thinks this anon is stupid or this actually might work?
>>
>>44196819

It's not much worse than a regular companion - a person or creature created solely to end up sworn to carry your burdens.

But fair enough - I don't like companion options myself, for the exact same reason, so I don't spend much time on them.
>>
>>44197096
You're talking to people who have huge senses of entitlement, anon. They aren't going to calm down.
>>
>>44197310
Thus seconded by Kanons, thus people stop caring
>>
>>44196819
Technically any kind of companion option is spending CP to make someone abandon their life and go dimension hoping. Canon or OC doesn't really matter. You are the jump make and your preference wins, but your initial argument is flawed.
>>
Speaking of companions, has anyone seen Blooodborne Anon recently? Once on IRC he said that buying Plain Doll item might get you her as companion once jump ends or something
>>
>>44197388
To be fair, he has seemed to have stopped posting. I hope at the very least I can appeal to enlightened self-interest and logic if not their better nature.

>>44197369
Little of column A, little of column B. Pokemon...isn't a very edgy setting unless you deliberately overthink it so I doubt those clothes work because of pokepelts.

I...don't know enough about Aura to conclusively call it either way but I'm tentatively in favour of creative uses. Although I do think you'd have to be Arkham City-tier Batman levels of fit to keep up with a pokemon in battle, if not outright superhuman-and that's only for the low to mid-tier challenge battles
>>
>>44197385
Have you ever thought that your issue is entirely of your own creation? It's not hard to think of OC companions as 'in-setting people you happen to meet and hit it off with during your background' you know. You've posted your theory multiple times, and been really annoying with trying to force it as canon on other people while also whining, yet the entire issue is YOUR FAULT for forcing yourself to think of it in the most negative way possible.
>>
Honestly, the guys bitching about OC shouldn't jump Light of Terra.

They're all OC. All of them.

>>44197472
Bloodborne Anon is NuBee in the IRC. Pop in and ask him.
>>
>>44197388
Whining about entitlement makes you look like a cunt, worse than anyone else in the thread.
>>
>>44197507
well, a lot of that stuff comes from the 40k RPG stuff, but yes, there's a lot of OC
>>
>>44197472
You mean NuBee? Oh yeah, he's in the middle of working on an update to work in loads of The Old Hunters stuff. He did say he was going to clarify the Plain Doll is totally a companion in her own right, though

>>44197509
The remark is uncalled for and unhelpful, but given some of those comments he does have a point.
>>
>>44197426
He is a person and like all people, he can be reasoned with and change his mind. Don't try to cut off basic human interaction and create a protected class.
>>
>>44196819
>and have someone abandon their lives to go dimension-hopping.
See, the thing there is that time freezes when you leave. They're not really abandoning much at all when literally nobody will even have time to notice they are gone before they suddenly return with superpowers, technology, experience, all the things needed to drastically improve both their own lives and the lives of everyone else from their world they want.
It's not exactly hard to justify why people might want to go jumping, even before you get into what Jumper's can do to persuade them. I mean, if it's a good enough opportunity for the Jumper...
>>
>>44197509
Compared to you throwing a tantrum about how Wild Card ought to capitulate to your need for a canon waifu?
>>
>>44197561
>Thinking I was the person 'throwing a tantrum'
No, I just don't like you people that cry 'entitlement' to try and dismiss people's opinions.
>>
>>44197530
Every companion in LoT is OC, and one DLC allows you to buy up to 3000 teef worth of OC Ork companions.

Little bit more than ' a lot '

Only real actual character is Orikan. Khaereadruak used to be real, but GW dropped him.
>>
>>44197486
>It's not hard to think of OC companions as 'in-setting people you happen to meet and hit it off with during your background' you know.
How is that any different from meeting and hitting it off with a canon character?
>>
>>44197592
Actually, Zandrekh and his bodyguard in the Necron route are also canon.
>>
>>44197486

There's a tendency to assume everyone with a view you don't agree with is just one person. That was my first post in this thread.

And you're missing the fact that being able to purchase "randomly meeting and hitting it off with someone" is an abrogation of agency anyway.

I don't care about it enough to demand people turn it into destined meetings or whatever, but that's what it is - always taking the most optimistic interpretation is just as incorrect as the most pessimistic.

And in this case, I wasn't complaining about it - I was mentioning it to contrast with his opinions on canon companions, to show that they're essentially the same.

In other words - I was on your side.
>>
>>44197472

Sup! Need something by any chance? I was just writing some stuff down in my notes so if you had any questions or suggestions I should be able to answer or write them down.
>>
>>44197592
Don't forget Zhandrekh, Oberyn, Magnus, Ahriman, Eldrad and Vect!
>>
>>44197477

Doesn't that fitness perk in pokemon trainer jump gives you a Captain America level body?

To be fair, Honedge could possess bodies.

And pokemon are not that fast or strong. Riley could do stuff. Blake mimicked his Mewtwo in manga to boost his power because of their connection. MAYLENE IS STILL A TEEN AND SHE SPARS WITH LUCARIO!

Granted, Machamp or Machoke's law strength surpasses humans and Metang's and Metagross body are steel, but that us what you got your buddy Aegislash for. And don't try to outstreng Machamp. Be smart

As for Aura, LETS LOOK AT THAT THUNDER ARMOR IN THE PIC!

It's PIKACHU just using thunder on Swellow, somehow not hurting it and increasing its speed and attack. He came up with it on the spot.

I think pokemon attacks or aura would work similarly, off intent.
>>
>>44197533
He can be reasoned with, but content creators of any kind get to make content they want. You can try to convince or force, but he gets last say. It isn't creating a protected class, it is just reality.
>>
>>44197603
I'm not arguing AGAINST canon companions, I'm even one of the people arguing FOR them. I'm pointing out a way in which anon's negative stance on OC companions could be dismissed and also that his negative view is entirely his own making.

>>44197622
Didn't assume you were anyone else here. I've just seen you post that in other threads.

Also you don't know what agency is. There's no loss of agency in saying "Someone you'll meet and through your own personality hit it off with now has a free card to jump with you", the only thing being enforced, is the ability to take them with you. Nothing else. I
>>
>>44197628
So how does Plain a Doll as item work? I think you once said in IRC that you must add notes about it. I mean, what happens when you finish the jump and bought a plain Doll for cp? Does she become a proper companion?
>>
>>44197592
>Buying orks
>Those horrible things that get spores everywhere and uncontrollably breeding more of their kind
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 320x240
>>44197656
I forgot the pic
>>
>>44197705
Do you remember that it requires a combo to get her as a person and not just a toy? Buying the item alone doesn't do anything.
>>
>>44197611
As are Vect, Eldrad, Macha, Ahriman, Magnus, Kaptin Bluddflagg...
>>
>>44197656
I guess? Thing is-I can think of quite a few pokemon I'd bet on to take down Captain America without his fancy shield.

My pokelore is weak, though
>>
>>44197756
So the MAIN companions are OC, but there are canon accoutrements.
>>
>>44197739
What combo? You mean insight?

Damn it.

Wait no NuBee is here, all will be revealed
>>
>>44197785
It says so, yes.
>>
>>44197628
>>44197785
Speaking of insight since it works by having eyes on your brain How does it work if you don't have an anatomy?
>>
>>44197775
The thing is, this is best combo for fighting some of pokemon.

Because like I said. Aura shield. And Aegislash has its King's Shield move.

You can wield its shield in one hand. It's still detachable as the game shows but the Aegislash can still levitate it even when separated. It can support and guide your shield. That combined with that aura shield and it's King's shield move originating from it provides a powerful combo.

Especially since it means Aegislash's body is still in Blade Forme and it's attack is fuckin stronk.

You essentially turn into Link with a sentient sword+shield
>>
>>44197705
>>44197739
>>44197785
>>44197807

Yeah, that's basically how it worked, though I'll be making it more clear in the update that with the combo she becomes a proper companion instead of leaving it as vague as I did.
>>
>>44197860
Give me a guarantee that the sentient sword won't talk like Fi does and I'm sold on this concept.
>>
>>44197264
>>44197310
>>44197413

Jump 38: Invader Zim
>Origins
Human
Alias: Jane Doe
Female
Extradimensional Traveler
>Starting Location
Conventia
>Special Abilities
Regeneration--heal at incredible rates. Lost organs and shattered bones repair in minutes.
I'm Floating!--can hover a few inches over whatever surface is beneath. Assume is walking speed to move.
I Was the Turkey All Along!--the more preposterous a disguise, the more likely no one will notice them.
Family Dinner--once per year, can have dinner with two immediate relatives
Bestest Friend--Companion Import, Emmy

So I finally felt like I'd be okay around others, and answer to Jane Doe again. Then I went here. To be fair, it was pretty fun watching just how stupid everyone on this version of Earth is. Also got to mess with Dib by alternating foiling Zim's various schemes and hatching my own devious plots. Yes, I had my own plots! Schemes to rid the world of those vile pigs! Opening a competing Pizza Parlor to put that hog place out of business! Failing at running a pizza parlor because I don't know how to run a business! I honestly think that I could have done better if the locals weren't so...damn...stupid. Of course, the fact that my wait staff at every store was composed entirely of B-1 Battle Droids with their creepy skeleton bodies and skull faces probably didn't help. Not even with the cute little hats and stick-on handlebar mustaches. Speaking of mustaches, I also have a stick-on handlebar mustache that I use in combo with the I Was the Turkey blah blah. My favorite part of this Jump is getting the Family Dinner. I choose Thanksgiving, and (assuming that fiancees don't count) always choose my mum and brother, or sometimes my grandparents. I'm not sure if they're the real folks or just copies that Jumpchan made, but honestly, after this long without seeing my family...I don't really care.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.