[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All he wanted was the truth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1424339160004.png (2 MB, 1041x924) Image search: [Google]
1424339160004.png
2 MB, 1041x924
All he wanted was the truth
>>
So fucking handsome tho.
>>
>>44184349
No, he wanted an idol to worship.
>>
>>44184349
When the truth was hidden in his beautifully chiseled face.
>>
>>44184349
Who is this handsome bald faggot?
>>
>>44184406

Lorgar
>>
>>44184415
Well that explains him being so handsome and being covered in script. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>44184349
Logar had a serious need for Worship. It was never about truth, it was about then need to pray to a higher power, and when the Emperor told him to knock that shit off, he fell.
>>
>>44184349
Really, I don't quite understand the hate-meme Lorgar has surrounding him. I get Leman's hate, because he's utter shit at everything he does while acting obnoxious about it yet is proclaimed a gift to humanity, and even Pert's and Mort's despite them being my favourites. All Lorgar did was try to give his father and god his respect, yet was scorned and given reproach in the most hateful way possible.
>>
What If instead of the Chaos Gods, Lorgar found the C'tan?
>>
>>44184469
Because he couldn't handle one of the most basic principals of the campaign he was a part of; No Gods.
>>
>>44184488
Then we would have actual interesting lore.
>>
>>44184532
In the "Purge" novella it is mentioned that within the geneseed of the Word Bearers there was a need to devout themselves to and worship something greater than themselves. This was inherited from Lorgar.

Lorgar's need to worship things was a compulsion on a genetic level which means that the Emperor programmed him to be this way.
>>
>>44184362
>>44184443

Which may have been the truth in his view
>>
>>44184570
>Emperor in charge of not fucking up
>>
>>44184361
You could cut fucking glass with his chin. Jaysus.
>>
>>44184570

Why does everyone assume the Emperor planned everything about the Primarchs.

That was some pretty hardcore science, even for E Money. He probably didn't have control over every minute detail.
>>
>>44184651

Basically the only thing he did right was save the best for last.
>>
Should be noted that Lorgar of all the Primarch supposedly most resembled the Emperor.

>>44184570

I really think Lorgar was supposed to be devoted to and propagate the Imperial Truth, but growing up on Colchis distorted that.

>>44184651

Because there are a lot of hints that he had roles planned for each Primarch.
>>
>>44184532

That was something that only became irrevocably clear when the Word Bearers were forced to kneel in the ashes of Monarchia by the man they called God.

When the Emperor arrived on Colchis to grab Lorgar, he was feted for weeks and weeks and openly called a god, yet he didn't protest at all or tell them to cut that shit out.

When Lorgar converted the Iconoclasts, literally 'Fedora: The Legion,' to worship the Emperor, he didn't say a word then either.

The Emperor didn't care about the Imperial Truth, even if worship didn't sit well with him personally. He cared about victories and compliances, which the Word Bearers provided. Just not enough. They didn't scour worlds to their foundations and butcher every living thing, instead they rebuilt and transformed every world they conquered into the most loyal and productive worlds in the Imperium.

The Emperor didn't care about quality, he wanted quantity. Delays were unacceptable, so he out of the blue decided to punish Lorgar for doing what he had been doing for decades without prior protest.

The Emperor is a god, he's just a really stupid, impatient, and autistic one who needs to piss off from the mortal coil and manifest as an equal to the gods of Chaos.
>>
>>44184651
He very well may not have, but at the same time he was the ONE person who needed to be understanding of their flaws and their abilities.

The big relationship issue of 30K was that the Emperor viewed the Primarchs as work-horse animals instead of sons, creatures that are ultimately designed for a specific purpose, whereas the Primarchs viewed the Emperor as a father instead of a commander.
>>
>>44184697
>I really think Lorgar was supposed to be devoted to and propagate the Imperial Truth, but growing up on Colchis distorted that.

On the money there anon. Chaos was the real villain here for fucking with the Primarchs.

I heard one theory about how Lorgar and Rowboat were both supposed to be the Crusade's main world converting arm. Gillyman was good at this from the get-go but it too the whole Monarchia debacle for the Word Bearers to finally knuckle down. Apparently they were close to Ultramarine numbers after that.
>>
File: ruse.png (166 KB, 264x286) Image search: [Google]
ruse.png
166 KB, 264x286
>>44184570
>Lorgar's need to worship things was a compulsion on a genetic level which means that the Emperor programmed him to be this way.

Just like he programmed, say, the Blood Angels to suffer from a berserk thirst for blood.
>>
>>44184701
This, Lorgar was allowed his actions until the Word Bearers slowed to a crawl on the conquest side.

As usual fuck the Emperor.

The hatred for Lorgar is largely unwarranted. His entire aspect is based on the idea of someone who had their entire world view destroyed in an instant and began looking for something to root himself too, he just found chaos, which actually worked out pretty well for him.
>>
>>44184763
According to the FW HH books after Monarchia the World Bearers conquered more worlds faster then any other legion until the heresy broke out.

These guys got shit DONE,
>>
>>44184779
..But that was a curse by a Khornate Daemon.
>>
>>44184779
>suffer

Thats an advantage if you need a legion of dudes to conquer the fucking galaxy, I mean the Emps censured Angron after they had conquered most of it, he sure wasnt complaining when whole systems surrendered, same goes for NL who were only censured when Curze almost killed Dorn even though they genocided entire planets.

>Sire! Lord Angron's brain has been maimed, now he only thirsts for blood and will die eventually!
>Magnificent! Why didnt I think of this? He'll even die without me doing anything and after he served his purpose!
>..Sir Emperor?
>...I mean, such genius, stunted by barbarians..I'll try my best..Just point this guy to the enemy at all times..So sad..
>>
>>44184843
That's the Black Rage, isn't it? The Red Thirst came earlier. It had been afflicting the legion for a long time before the Blood Angels were first exposed to Chaos on Signus Prime.
>>
>>44184884
Wait....

Isn't the Black Rage the thing that makes them think they are Sangy fighting Horus?

The Red Thirst just compels them to drink blood but they are cognizant of what they are doing even if they can't control it.
>>
File: Areyouperhapsperturbed.jpg (203 KB, 535x464) Image search: [Google]
Areyouperhapsperturbed.jpg
203 KB, 535x464
>>44184349
Shut up nerd
>>
>>44184927
>Isn't the Black Rage the thing that makes them think they are Sangy fighting Horus?

Yes, but IIRC the grounds for that were laid on Signus Prime. The novel Fear to Tread certainly shows the Red Thirst as being a growing problem with the legion long before they were dispatched to Signus. The book even begins with Sanguinius having to put down a legionary who has become afflicted with it. As far as I'm aware Ka'banda cursed the Blood Angels shortly after his defeat, but the nature of that curse didn't become evident until the death of their Primarch. It's been a while since I read the book, however, so may be remembering things wrong.
>>
File: lorgar3.jpg (141 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
lorgar3.jpg
141 KB, 800x680
>>44184819
In their old Index Astartes fluff as well, they sped up massively after Lorgar got told off. Just not for the right reasons.

>The progress of the Word Bearers was slow, but complete. None escaped the crozius or the bolter. Entire worlds were scoured of the living for their refusal to submit to the will of the Emperor. When the Emperor took note of Lorgar's slow advance across the stars, he personally reproached his Primarch. He informed Lorgar that his purpose was not for faith, but for battle. The true mission of the Space Marines was to re-conquer and unify the galaxy under the banner of Imperium, not to waste precious time and resources in vast displays of fealty and piety.

>Lorgar was stunned. Upon returning to his personal battleship, the Fidelitas Lex, the Primarch refused to speak to any of his lieutenants or chaplains. He removed his power armour and wore nothing but sackcloth, his golden skin greased with ash, his hair torn and dishevelled. He mourned the Emperor's command for a month, and the Legion of the Word Bearers stood idle and silent within the depths of space, waiting for a command, any command, to be issued by their Primarch.

>The Master of Mankind did not remain ignorant of Lorgar's reaction. The Emperor was on the verge of once again reprimanding his tardy Primarch when news came that the Legion had suddenly renewed its campaign. Worlds now fell before the Word Bearers like ripe grain. The assaults were quick and devastating; no longer did Lorgar offer redemption or salvation to those he set his Legion against. The embittered Primarch offered only the sword, and in his wrath the holocausts were unnumbered. Pleased with what he saw as progress, the Emperor turned his eyes towards other matters. What he could not know is that he had already been betrayed.
>>
>>44184651
He obviously inteded some shit. Russ was meant to be his sanction, Dorn was the defender, Magnus was to power the Astronomican until the webway project was finished, Vulkan and Gulliman would have huge roles in a united imperium.

After the crusade was completed guys like Kurze, and Angron would probably have gotten the Old Yeller/Thunder Warriors treatment.
>>
>>44184570
Honestly this is why I theorize that the Emperor planned the heresy. Several legions and their primarchs seem like they were designed to fall. Alpha Legion, Dark Angels, World Eaters, Word Bearers. My theory was pretty much that the Emperor saw what happened when people have no threats which led to the fall of both humanity during the DAOT and the Eldar. His plan was to reunite humanity while causing a war that would give humanity a reason to fight and something to keep us from falling into apathy and/or degeneracy.

The fact that Horus, Fulgrim, and some others fell while Lion didn't (maybe) fall just illustrates that his plan ended up falling apart or working too well.
>>
Y'know, if you look at Lorgar from a personal growth and ability to absolutely get shit done lens, he's probably the very best primarch.
>>
File: Cite.jpg (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Cite.jpg
48 KB, 250x250
>>44184701
>ask me about the inner workings of the mind of an imaginary god from the distant future

Lolno. Stick your headcanon back in your jacksie, anon.

It's canon that the Legions had ONE FUCKING JOB. It's canon that Pops told the brats that some truths were too dangerous for the human race until it had grown-up some more. It's also canon that the little shits SWORE to Dad that they'd not meddle in conjurations and other such forbidden arts. Then, guess what happened.

SPOILER: It wasn't fully adult men sobbing in therapy about how their Popsie-poo was a super-strict old meanie-head.
>>
File: ani.png (492 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ani.png
492 KB, 1024x576
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE EMPEROR IS EVIL
>>
>>44185033

It's kind of weird how there doesn't seem to be much similarity between Lorgar's portrait and his model, unless the former is supposed to be pre-Monarchia and the other post.
>>
>>44186008
Maybe Games Workshop are just fucking shit?
>>
>>44184701
>The Emperor didn't care about the Imperial Truth, even if worship didn't sit well with him personally. He cared about victories and compliances, which the Word Bearers provided. Just not enough. They didn't scour worlds to their foundations and butcher every living thing, instead they rebuilt and transformed every world they conquered into the most loyal and productive worlds in the Imperium.

See, what we call this is NOT DOING YOUR FUCKING JOB.

The legions had one job, other people were handling rebuilding the worlds. Not the superhuman murdermachines built to conquer them and bring dissenters back into the fold.

I have no idea why you think that Emps ever wanted resources wasted.

But goddamn was Lorgar all about wasting resources for his vanity about how pure and speshul his devotion was.

Which turned out to be just vanity when he fell.
>>
>>44186027

FW produces both the models and the art and since they're a smaller studio I'd assume there would be a closer relationship and the model would actually resemble the art. Of course it could just be the paint job ruining his face.
>>
>>44186187
>FW

Forge world are Games Workshop, only an idyot would believe otherwise.
>>
>>44186008
the word bearers characters were fairly early on. Kor Phaeron and Erebus don't look too much like their art, either.

Not to mention Kor Phaeron had his entire head replaced (with a worse one) half-way through.
>>
>>44184361
It was said he looked like the Emperor.

>>44184362
He wanted to know if there are Gods to worship. And both, Emperor and Magnus lied to him.
>>
>>44186201

Yes, the FW Studio belongs to GW as a whole, but their Studio is not the same as the main GW Studio.

>>44186210

Ah, does make sense that models would be finished before the books.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
>>44184469
The people who hate him are older players, who remember the horus heresy before black library's fever dream. When Lorgar fell to chaos because his god-figure told him he was too slow.

The same fans who are now being smacked with Lorgar being beaten by the Emperor like a leprous little puppy to get cheap sympathy from the readers, where before it was his own damn fault.
>>
>>44186253
>He wanted to know if there are Gods to worship. And both, Emperor and Magnus lied to him.

Chaos Gods aren't gods though, they're swirling puddles of emotional fart-gas.
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn.jpg (545 KB, 764x665) Image search: [Google]
Rogal_Dorn.jpg
545 KB, 764x665
Best Primarch

If you don't think he's the best, that's cool, he really wouldn't care.
>>
>>44186303
In all official texts they are literally named as gods. real gods.
>>
>>44186334
They might be gods, but defaulting to worship is pretty dumb.

They aren't omnipotent or something.
>>
>>44186351
>What is Tzeench doe?
>>
>>44186380
Tzeench is someone who can't figure out his biggest enemy is himself
>>
>>44186380
Not omnipotent.

The warp and it's gods are reflective of real space. If there were no creatures with souls, there would be no gods. Therefore, they cannot be all powerful because there aren't an infinite number of people running around.

Also, the C'tan/Necrons came close to locking the Ruinous Powers out of reality, which indicates a serious lack of all-powerful-ness on the part of the gods.
>>
>>44186301

Him being too slow is part of the Horus Heresy now too, it has just been embellished.

Some people can sympathize with not liking being told how to live their lives, that they can't do X but must instead do Y.

>>44186380

Not omnipotent

If Tzeentch was omnipotent then he'd have no desire to gaze into the Well of Eternities because he'd already know its contents, Kairos Fateweaver would have never come to his present state.

It's easy to bluff like you know everything when you manipulate things to your favor and can accumulate knowledge and make projections based off of it.
>>
>>44186301
Well to be fair he was too slow because he wanted to make sure compliance was achieved long term, which made him admittedly inefficient. I feel it is pretty damn understandably disillusioning to be told "Just hold 'em down and pound away, no need to take 'em out to dinner, first, you faggot" from the guy who says he wants only the best for all of humanity. Those are some proper mixed signals, son.
>>
>>44185850
I agree, and I think Curze knew it. He was able to see the future and knew precisely what it held.
>>
File: Court of Change.png (169 KB, 2290x856) Image search: [Google]
Court of Change.png
169 KB, 2290x856
>>44186405
>>44186351
Tzeentch is not a god. He is beyond that.
>>
>>44185033
>His hair torn and dishevelled

Is that why he's bald now?
>>
>>44186438
Problem was he wasn't enforcing compliance, but subservience.

>Those are some proper mixed signals, son.
Until you think about it. He wanted human beings to be the masters of their own destinies, rather than his servants. That's why he championed the Ultramarines, since they epitomized that ideal.
>>
>>44186449
And I am beyond reading tl;dr
>>
>>44186318
IRON CAGE
R
O
N

C
A
G
E
>>
>>44186501
Basically, it says Tzeentch is being is beyond that of gods. A higher and supreme existence.

So you guys saying he ain't no god is kinda bullshit. Is like an Elder God.
>>
>>44186513
PAIN GLOVE
A
I
N

G
L
O
V
E
>>
>>44186514
No, he likes to think he's "beyond that of gods"

In reality he's a delusional spastic
>>
>>44186513
P T S D
T
S
D

Also, he was purging his legion's leftovers.
>>
>>44186528
Nope.

The text you did not read is not from his perspective. Also Tzeentch fits the definition of a god. You don't need to be omnipotent to be a god (See Greek Gods).
>>
>>44186513
There is literally nothing wrong with charging head-long into enfilading bolter fire
>>
>>44186554
>See Greek Gods

Those same Greek gods that mortals regularly trolled?
>>
File: Nigga What.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Nigga What.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>44186543
>Pertuarbo sees the weakness in his legion and demands greater
>OMG SO DUMB LOL 1/10 RETARD
>Dorn throws his grizzled veterans of hundreds of wars into a meatgrinder
>Truly a tactical mastermind, he was merely making his legion stronger
They're still both fucking retarded actions, I just like Iron Warriors more
>>
>>44186570
Gods nonetheless
>>
File: butchnails_final.jpg (91 KB, 542x538) Image search: [Google]
butchnails_final.jpg
91 KB, 542x538
Make way for a primarch that literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>44186600
>lets himself get captured by slavers
>>
why?
>>
why did he not seek the truth?
>>
>>44186600
>only primarch to become a slave fuccboi
>crawling in my skeeeeeen
>nothing wrong

hahaha, good one.
>>
>>44186500
It's still a very confusing thing to say "I want all humans to have a good life" and then tell your military to murder entire planets down to the last child and wreck its infrastructure to ruin.

I mean yeah, the emps may have had a long-term idea about the "good of humanity", but he was just as much removed from the fate of the common man as any head of state. Lorgar saw the sacrifice and the emotional trauma of war against fellow humans first hand and the grudges that would be held.

Say what you want about the intentions, whether he sought subservience or compliance or fealty or whatever - Lorgar went out of his way to mend and lift any such grudges wherever he could. He stayed there to make sure, on his own account, that things were done right.

About that "masters of their own destinies" - I don't think that's applicable in a situation where planets are quasi-feudal and owe fealty to a single planet that's so far away it was possible it faded into myth and superstitions. You're born as a human resource to provide for that planet and there's little chance of you doing anything else unless you're lucky and born a filthy-rich noble. You're not even allowed to "believe" what you want, anymore - You're essentially shackled to only be 'inspired' by cold reason and hard facts. The "Imperial Truth" has even stolen your mental freedom.

All in all, I think we can agree Grumpy E had good reasons in his own regard to reprimand Lorgar, but he did it in the absolutely worst way possible if it alienated his most passionate supporter into his worst enemy.
>>
Lorgar's fall is described pretty well in 'the first heretic' and 'aurelian' in my opinion.
>>
>>44186572
There's a tremendous difference.
Pert was supposedly a learned man, a love of democracy and architecture. His first action was to arbitrarily slaughter 10% of his legion. This is weird.
Dorn after the Heresy felt that he had personally failed the Emperor and Sanguinius and was in such a state of despair he just wanted to murderfuck Pert at any cost. The cost just happened to be too high. It was his only moment of weakness and he wisened the fuck up from there.
>>
>>44186623
>I don't think that's applicable in a situation where planets are quasi-feudal and owe fealty to a single planet that's so far away it was possible it faded into myth and superstitions.
that's the modern imperium, rather than the crusade imperium
>>
>>44186623
This. Lorgar and Guilliman were the only primarchs who actually created worlds worth living in.
>>44186627
True. Those are among the best HH novels, if not the best.
>>
>>44184349
He couldn't handle the truth!
>>
>>44186632
He also wanted to have his legion go through one big pain glove together to prepare themselves for entering the new era.

Not exactly an intelligent deployment, but it's more productive than decimation.
>>
>>44185033
The emperor is such a dick, jesus christ
>>
>>44186606
You know, that really is confusing. Especially when, at the same time, he had already killed several Eldar aspect warriors, who're basically warrior-monks when you consider their dedication and daily exercise to their chosen skill.

Warrior-monks who've been alive for longer than it is possible for human minds to compute, really.

What I'm trying to say is those guys are supposed to be so good at what they do it puts the gap of Bruce Lee to the rest of humanity to shame and still a whole dozen of them get murdered by a toddler. A superhuman toddler, but a toddler nonetheless.
>>
>>44186655
>True. Those are among the best HH novels, if not the best.

I wouldn't know, since I have yet to read all of them, but I've enjoyed most by Bowden.
>>
>>44186660
Hey, it worked. IF are hard as fuck these days.
>>
>>44186690
Yeah, but they lot a lot of good men down there.
>>
>>44186646
Crusade-era Imperium demanded tribute from conquered worlds to Terra. To make sure the demand could be provided, strict production schedules would have to be introduced. With strict schedules also come strict rulings to maximise production.

You may have had more freedoms in the Crusade-era, but it was already becoming pretty clear that any sort of self-determination would, again, be reserved for few lucky individuals.
>>
>>44186666
>retard builds cathedrals everywhere when he should be slaying xenos

>Emperor says to stop

Yes, such dick emperor
>>
>>44186449
Fucking terribly written-

"It was no god"

then

"said the god.

Well gee fucknuts, if you say both these things to the reader as the narrator and not through a perspective you've contradicted yourself.
>>
>>44186700
"The embittered Primarch offered only the sword, and in his wrath the holocausts were unnumbered. Pleased with what he saw as progress, the Emperor turned his eyes towards other matters."

Sounds like the Emperor is a really swell guy, no wonder all his kids love him and didn't turn against him and create the largest civil war of all time.
>>
Shhhiiiii

Some truth bombs being dropped in this thread.

Also
>>44184361
He might be handsome, but he ain't no Robot Girlyman.

(Inb4 anyone mentions the bishie primarchs, of which fulgrim is clearly the bishiest, they are pretty, not handsome)
>>
File: 1449507381204.jpg (85 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
1449507381204.jpg
85 KB, 699x699
What if the two lost Primarchs were female?
>>
File: 1398209375609.jpg (2 MB, 2352x2040) Image search: [Google]
1398209375609.jpg
2 MB, 2352x2040
>>44186780
>>
>>44186804
they wouldn't be called brothers in passing, and malcador wouldn't quip about giving the primarchs sisters

>caring about the lost primarchs
>>
>>44186669
Perhaps by chance a slaver and his caravan witness the xeno's failure. While others are shocked, the slaver sees the appropriate locally currency appear in his eyes. Being smarter then the entire elf race, the slaver decides to employs deception. He sends one of his slave women to console the boy. She succeeds, and they take the boy with the caravan. When they reach the town the boy is shocked when "play bracelets" don't come off and he is sold to a gladiator school.
>>
>>44184651
Maybe all the primarchs flaws were inserted by the chaos gods at the same time as they were scattered over the galaxy?
>>
>>44184573
Relativist please end yourself.
>>
>>44186923
>>44184573

C

>>44185976
>>
>>44186666
Quads confirm, Emps is a dick.
>>
File: Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg (734 KB, 864x983) Image search: [Google]
Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg
734 KB, 864x983
So if the Emperor designed each Primarch and their Legions for a role, what was the role he meant for Konrad Curze and the Night Lords?

I mean, it's not like it was a surprise to him that Night Lords tended to go for terror tactics, given that he employed them while they were still on Terra and their Primarch hadn't even been found yet.
>>
>>44187043
>what was the role he meant for Konrad Curze and the Night Lords?

Night operations, duh
>>
>>44187043
You know how they say Russ is the executioner, the guy big E sends when primarchs fuck up?

Well Curze is the guy big E sends to punish populations. As horribly and graphically as possible, so the entire system just shits their collective pants and comply at the mention of a Night Lord fleet coming in. Basically big E's bully, hitting and torturing and flaying people on demand.
>>
File: Konrad Curze.jpg (195 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Konrad Curze.jpg
195 KB, 1000x1333
>>44187068

So why the fuck didn't he say anything of the sort to Dorn, who bitched about Curze's tactics? Why censure him for doing what he was made to do?
>>
>>44187043
I thought the night lords thing was terror tactics and surprise attacks. If I'm not mistaken the issue was because they recruited from a planet of criminals they got a little too into it.
>>
>>44187077
>Why censure him for doing what he was made to do?

Yin/yang
>>
Is there any femanons calling him handsome or is it just guys?
>>
File: 178.jpg (767 KB, 1133x1574) Image search: [Google]
178.jpg
767 KB, 1133x1574
>>44186897
Some of it just came from the fact that they were people, but yeah, the direct influence of Chaos has been a factor since the early days:

>The initial conquests concentrated in areas where the Primarchs had been hidden. Using his psychic powers the Emperor gradually located and found each of his original creations and united them with the Space Marine Chapters created from their genetic imprints. They seemed none the worse for their brush with Chaos, having grown up to be great leaders and warriors among the local human populations. In fact this appearance of normality was to prove deceptive, for some of the Primarchs had become tainted by their early contact with Chaos.

Up to the current CSM codex:
>At the Emperor's moment of triumph, disaster struck. A mysterious Warp vortex swept up the infant Primarchs and flung them through the Immaterium far from Terra, eventually depositing them upon distant human worlds. Perhaps it was during this cosmic voyage that Chaos first touched the Primarchs, whispering in their dreams and sowing the seeds of future tyrannies as they slept.
>>
File: Konrad.jpg (417 KB, 832x1101) Image search: [Google]
Konrad.jpg
417 KB, 832x1101
>>44187088

> If I'm not mistaken the issue was because they recruited from a planet of criminals they got a little too into it.

To be fair, Nostramo was a law-abiding world when the Emperor and others arrived to pick up Curze. It's Imperium's bureaucratic that allowed it to devolve into a lawless shithole it was before Curze's arrival.
>>
>>44187093
>Is there any femanons calling him handsome or is it just guys?

Cis white male here, I know when a dude is handsome (no gay)
>>
>>44187134

>cis white male
>saying that

Consider killing yourself, preferably right now.
>>
>>44187141
>Consider killing yourself, preferably right now.
I consider that every day
>>
>>44186780

While Fulgim is pretty (in a fashion sense), Sanguinius is angelic pretty and Lorgar was said to look like the Emperor himself, which is also pretty, but again a different pretty.
>>
>>44187181
but what does the emperor really look like?
>>
>>44187205
The Emperor looks like he wants to look. But in his charismatic/diplomatic form he looks like Lorgar.
>>
File: 1243682710.png (582 KB, 462x635) Image search: [Google]
1243682710.png
582 KB, 462x635
>>44187093
>bald
>DSL
basically just the gays

Guilliman is handsome as fuck, though.
>>
>>44187234
>that 10/10 jaw

Could he be any more Mary than Sue?
>>
>>44187245
I'd let him mary my sue any day.
>>
>>44187251
Jain Zar pls go.
>>
>>44187287
>disgusting xenos cretin
Please, I am a loyal imperial citizen.
>>
>>44187287
Sh-shut up mon-keigh.
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249 KB, 481x1060) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249 KB, 481x1060
make way, the pure one is here
>>
File: 1428154961970.png (20 KB, 564x500) Image search: [Google]
1428154961970.png
20 KB, 564x500
>>44187512
I'll tell Asurmen about you and that smurf.
>>
>>44187547
>Mutant
>Pure
Pick one heretic
>>
>>44187606
Psykers are mutants, but the Emperor himself acknowledged them as the next step in human evolution.
>>
>>44187077
I always imagine the brutality wasn't an on-off switch.

Curze as Nighthaunter used to only take out criminals, and leave the corpses mutilated and for everyone to see, he didn't harm the law abiding Nostraman. Terror tactics and surprise attacks on people who deserved it, and soon the people fell in line.
Then Emps snatches him along to go crusading and leaves some administratum behind.
You then get the combined forces of both Curze becoming crazier and his recruits coming at first from Terra, then from:
- Nostramo, a place that used to suck before Nighthaunter, but now quite peaceful
- later, Nostramo, a place that was good when Nighthaunter was there in the good old days
- then from Nostramo/Detroit
- then from Nostramo/violent shithole
- then from Nostramo/abandonhopeallyewhoenterhere

So what used to be a terror tactic and covert ops, say
>kill and show the corpse of the corrupt governor to all his people so they know the price to pay for fucking with the Imperium
Became, over time
>flaying pits for the governor and his subordinates, quarter his children with baneblades, disembowel his wife and hang her with her entrails, and make a river of blood run through the capital

as the violence of both Curze and the people under him increased.

Maybe if the Emperor had listened to Dorn he's have realized something was going really wrong with Curze or the 8th legion.
>>
>>44187560
You can't prove anything, you didn't see anything, it wasn't me.
>>
>>44187606
Navisnobilitehasitseyeonyou.jpg

Careful what you say now.
>>
File: 1446119268035.jpg (15 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446119268035.jpg
15 KB, 640x480
>>44187657
Yeah it was just random exarch clad in your armor yep...
>>
>>44187699
It is false propaganda created by the Dark Eldar in an attempt to distress us!

I would never do the [untranslated Eldar] with a mon-keigh!

Have some faith! And leave Asurmen out of it.
>>
>>44184697
>I really think Lorgar was supposed to be devoted to and propagate the Imperial Truth, but growing up on Colchis distorted that.
Talk with Lorgar for a while, convince him to propagate idea of humanity, instead of idea of gods. Done.
>>
>>44187782

Don't be stupid, it's way easier to bombard a whole planet that he conquered and made beautiful previously than it is to spend an hour or a day of talking with him.
>>
>>44187790
I thought Emps did try to tell him to knock that shit off before The Incident?

I mean, he didn't explain Chaos because of various bullshit but he did tell Lorgar ''Listen, Imperial Truth is no gods, kay? Kay.''
>>
>>44186440
Curze is the one that ranted about being vindicated just before he died, right?
>>
>>44187809
I never understood why the emperor kept chaos a secret?
>>
>>44187881
Ignorance is the best weapon against Chaos because knowing about it empowers it more.
>>
>>44184469
The Emperor is a fag, Lorgar did nothing wrong and Magnus did nothing wrong
>>
>>44186449
The Chaos ''Gods'' are really more forces of nature, or ''Constants'', than anything aren't they?
>>
>>44186318
For me Sanguinius is the best, but I'm an edgy fag who likes cut himself and reads twilight.
>>
>>44186669
>GW
>Logic and Continuity
Choose one
>>
>>44187874
Death is nothing compared to vindication, yup, that's him.
>>
>>44186713
To be fair, when yer trying to retake numerous millions of worlds you dont usually have time for the small details.

Chances are Emps was only told ''Lorgar took back another 10 worlds yesterday'' and Emps went ''That makes 100 this week and its only Friday! Magnificent! Now, what to do about the Eldar...''
>>
>>44187891
You drunk both the Thousand Son and Word Bearer Kool-Aid? Post Primarch versions of those flavors are literally brainwashing. Drink the Ultramarine Berry and the Alpha Legion Mystery Flavor to cure yourself.
>>
>>44187922
It's what GW says they're doing, but why would care about logic and consistentcy fluff wise if they're a model company.
>>
>>44187881
If you know about Chaos, you worry about it or you resign yourself to losing to it. This empowers it.

Worse yet, for some this would be confirmation of their Gods and little else so they would resume worshipping them.

And finally, he intended to eventually but when yer goal is to take over that many planets you havent the time to dedicate to educating every human ever as to the Nature and Dangers of Chaos
>>
>>44184557
underrated post
>>
>>44184488
The C'tan are shattered though.
>>
>>44184469
They wrote the Emperor as a heavy-handed, unreasonable despot. Thats why.
>>
>>44184532
Which is an unreasonable parameter to place on 20 super-intelligent beings. Especially considering the Emperor - in all his wisdom - didnt think it necessary to teach/warn the Primarchs about the greatest threat.

Dont look too hard at the lore, its full of holes. You really have to suspend the everloving shit out of your disbelief to reconcile some of this stuff.
>>
>>44186606
I thought it was pretty clear that he was quite badly damaged fighting a group of supposed Eldar.

Bare in mind, this is not the full grown Primarch and we do not know what happened. He could have just went with him thinking that it was good to see another human.
>>
>>44186690
Well they were, until they were all fucking wiped out by an army almost as large as that of Armageddon 3
>>
>>44188347
There are large C'tan shards hiding within the stars and such.

And If you like you can pretend it was before the Great Wardening.
>>
>>44188604
Honestly, Wards Newcron fluff is actually probably one of the only good things he added. Successfully gave them a lot more character, even though it took away some of their menace.

But I won't disagree, there are apparently C'tan shards large enough to singlehandedly destroy multiple worlds.
>>
>>44187623
There is a difference between a Psyker and a fucking Mutant with big fuck off wings though.
>>
>>44188631
Yeah, one can kill hundreds of people with their mutation and attracts demons while the other is essentially harmless.
>>
>>44185055
Angron wouldn't have had the butchers nails, Angron is probable the smartest and sanest besides Sangy.
>>
File: BigE.jpg (85 KB, 576x648) Image search: [Google]
BigE.jpg
85 KB, 576x648
I want more info of the Emperor during the Age of Strife, killing tech-barbarians and unifying Earth
>>
>>44188799
Honestly, if it hadn't been for the Butcher's nails in his head, I think Angron might have been sort of a support-crutch for most of his brothers.
After all, his legion valued Brotherhood very much before - and even during and in smaller cases, after - the general horus heresy. Add to that, Angron himself showed us that, even with the butchers nails in his head, he still valued honor and brotherhood, only the brothers and sisters he'd chosen as such were slain in the arena. An arena which the Emperor could have helped.

Seriously, all it would have taken from the emperor to make friends with Angron, even with the nails, would be to fight alongside him in that one moment, together with his legion of War Hounds, later World Eaters. I am 100% certain that Angron would have been slightly more friendly and "controllable" - keyword being slightly, though.
>>
>>44188863
If he really was a never leave a man behind kind of guy, his fall to khorne is double tragic considering they think no one has value. truley lost everything.
>>
>>44188914
And I can see him being built to be the guy to throw a wall of bodies in moral support so that entrenched and cut off forces keep fighting until they are saved. Blood angels bogged down and surrounded by a waaagh? Angron will meat grind them out.
>>
>>44188799
>>44188863
Wasn't Angron supposed to have inherited the emperors charisma or something to that effect? Also if I'm remembering the books correctly whenever he was lucid he'd make really on the point observations about things.
>>
>>44188799
>Angron is probable the smartest and sanest besides Sangy.

Sangunius has never been described as very smart, and Angron is stupid and not sane at all.
>>
>>44188995
>sangy not described as smart

wut? did you read fear to tread?
>>
>>44188995
Angron is very astute when not driven mad by demonic buzzing and Sangunius is basically The Emperor if you removed his dickishness. A Horus without the edge.
>>
>>44188982
what part of the emperor did all of the Primarchs inherit anyway?

Horus had his Ambition, Lorgar his Looks, Magnus his psychic potential and...those are all I can recall.
>>
>>44189026
>wut? did you read fear to tread?

Yup.
He's primarch smart, but nothing special among that crew.

>>44189055
>Angron is very astute when not driven mad by demonic buzzing

He's just blunt.

>Sangunius is basically The Emperor if you removed his dickishness. A Horus without the edge.

Horus maybe thought so, but he does not act as such.
>>
>>44189057
>what part of the emperor did all of the Primarchs inherit anyway?

They didn't.
It's just a concept HH authors tried to force, but they ultimately failed and moved on when they realized the Emperor did not have twenty distinct parts of personality.
>>
>>44189091
Because you clearly know better than Horus, right?
>>
File: Diplomatic meeting.jpg (117 KB, 700x407) Image search: [Google]
Diplomatic meeting.jpg
117 KB, 700x407
>>44187751
You can't hide the truth, Jain.
>>
>>44187134
Dude dont use that term. Cis is made up bullshit by a shameful group of retards. Dont even acknowledge it, please. Def dont bring it in here.
>>
>>44189145
Absolutely.
I'm not a fictional character describing another fictional character after all, I can actually pick up some books and read all about Sangunius.
>>
>>44189170
And those books are perfect summation of the character and detail all exploits and moments? I'm not saying a lack of evidence makes you wrong but at the same time, we hardly have plenty of books of Sangy on the day to day. Nor a real complete comparison with him and the Emperor. I'd rather go with what is said by numerous characters in series than what little we see. After all, one of those sources is canon (as much as BL is anyway), the other is analysis.
>>
>>44187067
Night Lords were used to make examples out of planets that decided they didnt want to follow the rules.

If the NL showed up in your sector, and you were doing the Imperium wrong, you straightened out real quick. If it wasnt already too late.

>We have come for you.
>"W-we're sorry! We'll follow the rules from now on!"
>The time for surrender has passed. Now it is time to die.

Not the flashiest or most honorable job for a Legion, but apparently a nrcessary one. I dont think those Astartes asked for that role, it was a burden placed upon them - and they were clearly affected by it. Putting former criminals in this position was probably a bad idea.
>>
>>44184570
>within the geneseed of the Word Bearers there was a need to devout themselves to and worship something greater than themselves
This right here is fucking retarded.
>>
>>44189227
>And those books are perfect summation of the character and detail all exploits and moments?

Yes. The character does not exist outside of those fictional works.
I have read extensive warhammer fluff.
I know most of what there is to know about Sangunius.
/tg/, and only lately, seems to enjoy wanking him a lot, but in terms of Primarchs he's not very special besides the fact that he can fly.

The Blood Angels were never the best Legion, and Sangunius is only really known his noble sacrifice. In truth he was pretty irrelevant until after he died.
>>
File: fulgrim.jpg (162 KB, 792x366) Image search: [Google]
fulgrim.jpg
162 KB, 792x366
>>44189123
Feels like fans try to force it more than the actual authors ever did, but I dunno, I don't remember it coming up outside of Horus's deathbed ramblings in False Gods (and maybe something he said in Horus Rising, depending on interpretation).
>>
>>44189361
>Feels like fans try to force it more than the actual authors ever did

This is also true, as I said the authors have moved on.

>The primarchs represent aspects of the Emperor's personality!
>The primarchs are mirrors of each other!
>The primarchs have pre assigned roles in the GC!

I think we're still on the last one. But none ever fit because all the Legions were written before any of this bullshit was forced.
Fanboys try and juggle all three and whatever future paradigms will be added.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 720x960
>>44184349
The truth is that religion in 40k is a very bad thing. Everything from C'tan to Warp gods just messes everything up. Hell, the Ecclesiarchy is a huge problem because it's run by powertripping assholes and the Machine Cult is afraid of new inventions.
>>
>>44189269
I would venture a guess that they were supposed to spread the Imperial Truth and other ideas, and the obsession with belief and devotion got wrapped up in the intended charisma.
>>
>>44184349
>>44184469
>>44185033
you know what instead of chewing his ass out over the whole "I'm not a god" shit, if Big E did pretty much anything other than what he did, got him to focus his efforts in some other way, shit even said "hey umm, I command you my son to bring my light blah blah, you know the rest lorgar" and bam he'd be all about it.

kinda why I prefer Dornian Heresy
>>
>>44189742

what if it was a self belief, like "fuck yeah humanity" was a religion or some shit?
>>
>>44187874
I never understood that quote.
>By assassinating me the emperor is vindicating what I said, he is no better than me
>Says Curze as he sits in a castle made of human skin

Alpharius' death actually does vindicate his ideals.
>Guilliman and Alpharius fight over military doctrine
>Guilliman believes in structure, order, and honour in warfare
>Alpharius prefers underhanded gambits, infiltration, assassination
>In order to kill Alpharius Guilliman must break with his conventional military doctrine and launch an all out assault on Alpharius' HQ, assassinating him in the process
>By following Alpharius' tactics to defeat him Guilliman is pretty much admitting that yes, sometimes people need to be assassinated, sometimes doctrine must be broken to achieve victory

Honestly the whole reason I prefer the theory of Alpharius dying is that it ties up his story very nicely, Alpharius wins in death by forcing Guilliman to stoop to his level. Meanwhile it illustrates that Guilliman is certainly capable of breaking with doctrine and pre-planning in his ability to assassinate Alpharius. If Alpharius survives the story becomes less Alpharius' vindication than "LOL everyone is Alpharius."
>>
>>44184570
Why the hell would the Emperor do that if he wanted an atheist Imperium? It makes no sense. Devotion I could understand, since he might want to make a loyal force eager to do their duty, but worship?

That would be like deciding you want to build a house, and instead of getting a hammer you get a saw.
>>
File: BDVt5NB.jpg (147 KB, 878x878) Image search: [Google]
BDVt5NB.jpg
147 KB, 878x878
>>44190112
But everyone is Alpharius anon.
>>
>>44189897
The biggest problem wasn't even the religion, the biggest problem was that Lorgar wouldn't fucking move. The Emperor didn't like religion but outright stamping it out would take time. In the mean time he wanted to conquer the galaxy and Lorgarr was doing a really shitty job at it because Lorgar would sit on planets rebuilding them far more than he was actually out fighting.

There is a reason the Emperor was pleased when Lorgar got off his ass and suddenly started taking worlds faster than anyone else even if he was pretty much smashing everything he saw.
>>
>>44189939
>what if it was a self belief

Guilliman.
>>
>>44190153
Yes, even I found that pretty funny.
>>
>>44190146
See
>>44185850
There are simply too many fuckups that exist on the genetic level to make it seem like the heresy was purely an accident or the machinations of Chaos.
>>
>>44190112
>>In order to kill Alpharius Guilliman must break with his conventional military doctrine and launch an all out assault on Alpharius' HQ, assassinating him in the process
>>By following Alpharius' tactics to defeat him Guilliman is pretty much admitting that yes, sometimes people need to be assassinated, sometimes doctrine must be broken to achieve victory

What?
Alpharius wasn't assassinated.
If the battle even happened and if that was even Alpharius, then he died to a straight up military assault that he wasn't expecting.
It was Guilliman using a new tactic not prescribed in the codex.
>>
>>44190112
>I never understood that quote
One anon's explanation that I rather liked went something like: "He died according to his plan. Because his plan was to be a walking Apocalypse Now reference." Point is, Curze was crazy. He belived he was vindicated, because he believed that his way was justice and the Emperor stooped to it. The difference in killing one man for his crimes and torturing cities to death because one man in the general vicinity comitted crimes had long since escaped him.
>>
>>44184701
>When Lorgar converted the Iconoclasts, literally 'Fedora: The Legion,' to worship the Emperor, he didn't say a word then either.
I though the Terran Word Bearers were called the Imperial Heralds
>>
File: 1445561844812.jpg (348 KB, 966x726) Image search: [Google]
1445561844812.jpg
348 KB, 966x726
>>44185033
>in the old fluff the Emperor is just like 'hey Lorgar could you fix this mistake you're making please? I love you son, you're just not doing things quite right.' and then 'Wow, great! I'm glad you've learned your lesson, sport. Now I gotta check on the other kids and my projects.'

>in the new fluff it's just 'LORGAR YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK HOW COULD YOU FUCKING FUCK THIS FUCKING SHIT ALL THE FUCK UP?! KNEEL ON YOUR FUCKING PERFECT WORLD THAT I HAVE JUST BURNED TO ASH. FEEL SHAAAAAME FOR YOUR INNOCENT MISTAKE. SHAME I TELL YOU.'

This is just ridiculous. I get that the new lore helps explain Lorgar's fall a bit more completely, since now it gives him a strong reason to turn from Emperor worship in that the Emperor actually said 'stop worshiping me.'

But it also turns what was once a flaw on Lorgar's part - a very human and understandable flaw that even we can relate to, not just 'baaaw I hate the Emps and I still act like a child' - into the Emperor's stupidity and heavy-handedness. Which not only shifts away the blame for Lorgar's actions, but it takes away focus from the significance of Lorgar's actions after the repremand. In the new lore, he just works faster to get to the Eye of Terror, it glosses over any atrocities. In the old fluff, he's fucking angry and that's what turns him to look for other gods.
>>
>‘Have you lost your temper, Roboute?’ Lorgar asks. They can hear the smile. ‘I am going to gut you,’ Guilliman replies softly. ‘You have lost your temper. The great and calm and level-headed Roboute Guilliman has finally succumbed to passion.’ ‘I will gut you. I will skin you. I will behead you.’ ‘Ah, Roboute,’ Lorgar murmurs. ‘Here, at the very end, I finally hear you talk in a way that actually makes me like you.’ ‘Precondition of malice,’ says Guilliman, barely a whisper. ‘You took the Campanile. By my estimation, you took it at least a hundred and forty hours ago. You took the ship, and you staged this. You organised this atrocity, Lorgar, and you made it seem like a terrible accident so you could capitalise on our mercy. You made us stay our hand while you committed murder.’ ‘It’s called treachery, Roboute. It works very well. How did you find out?’

Girlyman BTFO
>>
>>44190319
But the Ultramarines won despite the traitors having surprise on their side.
>>
>>44187234
That face just screams "I am surrounded by plebs"
>>
>>44190383
Not to mention they were still the preeminent legion during the scouring.

Maybe that's why lorgar spent the next ten thousand years moping.
>>
>>44186655
>This. Lorgar and Guilliman were the only primarchs who actually created worlds worth living in.
Corax
Dorn
Vulkan
Sanguinius
Fulgrim
>>
>>44186600
he is cool.
>>
>>44190495
None of them did good.
>>
>>44186703
>Tzeentch
>No contradiction
Choose one
>>
>>44184469
>Perturabo & Mortarion fav

mein negger
>>
>>44190319
>Lorgar of Colchis. You may consider the following. One: I entirely withdraw my previous offer of solemn ceasefire. It is cancelled, and will not be made again, to you or to any other of your motherless bastards. Two: you are no longer any brother of mine. I will find you, I will kill you, and I will hurl your toxic corpse into hell's mouth.

Star Wars V: The Son that the Emperor actually liked Strikes Back
>>
>>44186655
>This. Lorgar and Guilliman were the only primarchs who actually created worlds worth living in.
>While other Legions were rapidly conquering planet after planet, the Word Bearers proceeded much more slowly, as they would build temples and shrines in veneration of the Emperor, who was also deemed the God of the Imperium by Lorgar, on each newly conquered planet. All forms of blasphemy and heresy that threatened the Emperor's realm, all manner of ancient scrolls, books, artworks and icons were burned and smashed before the advancing ranks of the Legion. In their place, vast monuments and cathedrals, all dedicated to the Emperor, were erected upon the mounds of dead of those who had resisted conversion.
>>
>>44188682
So what you're saying is that the wings are fly as fuck?
>>
>>44190546
This.
Guilliman was the ONLY based primarch.
The others were just petty warlords who shat on things, even if for good reasons.
Guilliman was a destroyer too, but also a creator.
>>
>>44190112
>>44190206

>Vorasha was Earthborn, beneath the daemon-faced armour, the blood-weeping eyes, and the irritating cackles. This, too, meant nothing. Lucoryphus knew Vorasha thought as he did: Raptors first, Bleeding Eyes second, allegiance to the ancient Legions last. What was a birth world, anyway? Such details meant nothing. It maddened him to see others put so much stock in it; always, they looked to the past, refusing to face up to the glories of the present and conquests of the future.

>The prophet was the worst of all. His grotesquely distorted perception of the primarch soured Lucoryphus’s stomach. Curze killed because Curze wished to kill. His was a rotten soul. In death’s vindication, he taught his idiotic lesson: that the evils of the species deserve to be destroyed.

>The Raptor gave a grating cackle each time he thought of it. If the lesson was so vital, so pure, so necessary, why did Curze leave a Legion of murderers sailing the stars in his name? He died a broken thing, a husk of himself, with hatred the only emotion strong enough to pierce his own confusion. He died to teach a lesson to a father already slain; he died to show a truth that every soul in the empire already knew. That was not vindication, it was stupidity. Proud, blind, and deluded.

>Primarchs. He wanted to spit at the thought of them. Useless, flawed creatures. Let the dead ones decay in poetic scripture throughout history’s pages. Let those that survived dwell in the highest eyries of the immaterium, singing the ethereal praises of mad gods. He had a war to win, unshackled to failures from a time of legend.
>>
>>44190701
As expected of the spiritual liege.
>>
>>44190383
The Ultramarines were never meant to lose. Gulliman was never to die and Ultramar was to be sealed by the ruin storm.

It was all Lorgar's planning.
>>
>>44190512
Fulgrim united his homeworld without any combat at all. No other primarch can claim that.
>>
>>44190199
This^

Alpharious won by making Gulliman have to resort to his style of "on the fly" warfare and breach his perfect Codex in front of his own sons. In the war of ideals he won the fight.
>>
>>44191007
The Ultramarines were definitely supposed to lose.
The Ultramarines not losing ultimately cost Horus victory.
>>
File: IMG_20151126_234534.jpg (258 KB, 1874x748) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_234534.jpg
258 KB, 1874x748
>>44190306
>>
>>44191053
Except the codex is a living document that is updated, and so Guilliman did no such thing.
Seems to me that Alpharius just entirely misunderstood what Big G and the Boys in Blue were up too.
>>
>>44191053
>his perfect Codex
In a document as comprehensive and incomplete as the Codex, I'm fairly certain there's going to be a passage on abandoning doctrine to wrong-foot an opponent who has read your moves.
>>
>>44185033
Couldn't even say "Good job, son" after he started to get shit done.
>>
>>44188863
Rare alternate-universe footage of Angron as he would've been without the Butcher's Nails, along with the II Legion's Primarch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA
>>
>>44185850
I think it is stated in some book that he knows this whole Horus Heresy business is going to end in his death.

Still, planning a galactic stalemate where you have two or more factions trying to jockey for power is a terrible idea, because when an actual threat *cough*tyranids*cough*necrons*cough* shows up at your door you can't get everyone organized to get shit done. Creating that kind of system only works if there is no possibility of outside contengencies.

Then again, making Big E retarded has been about the only thing BL has kept consistant.
>>
>The young man with the golden skin drops to one knee, silver tears sparkling on his flawless features like droplets of sacred oil.‘I knew you’d come,’ he weeps the words. ‘I knew you’d come.’

>The God in Gold offers his armoured hand to the kneeling young man. ‘I am the Emperor,’ he smiles, benevolence incarnate, glory radiating from him in a palpable aura that hurts the eyes of every onlooker. Thousands of people line the streets. Hundreds of priests, clad in the dove-grey of the Covenant’s ecclesiarchs, kneel with Lorgar before the coming of the God-Emperor.

>‘I know who you are,’ the golden primarch says through his dignified tears. ‘I have dreamed of you for years, foreseeing this moment. Father, Emperor, my lord... We are the Covenant of Colchis, and we have won this world through your worship, for the glory of your name.’

WHY DID YOU DO IT EMPEROR

WHY
>>
>>44184349
Goddammit I hate all you guys trying to make Lorgar sound like a good guy. He's my favorite Primarch along with Magnus, but Lorgar is easily the vilest Primarch and is second only in terms of fucked up evil after his underling Erebus in all of 40k. Yes what the Emps, Malcador, and Girlyman did to him was dickish as fuck, but what Lorgar and the Word Bearers did afterward was infinitely more dickish. Lorgar's true evil, and despite being one of the most powerful psykers in the universe is a douchebag coward; but I love him for that because in that way he's like a super version of Eldrad in that even after having OP psyker skills he STILL decides to pull trollish cowardly asshole tactics to fuck with his opponents as hard as he can.
>>
>>44191433
Chaos is the greatest threat.
They must be denied first and foremost.
>>
>>44187205
Whatever he wants to look like. He is, or was, the most powerful being in existence. Period. Nothing else even came close. If he wanted to be the most staggeringly attractive creature in the universe i'm sure he could make it happen.
>>
>>44185055
>>44188799
>>44188863
>>44188995

Angron was one of the only primarchs to deduce that the Emperor was a tyrant, and unlike Mortartion he didn't have a quasi-similar psyker/daemon father as a point of comparison. He was just never very subtle about it for...obvious reasons.

Gulliman suspects that Angron was meant along with Lorgar and himself to watch over normal humanity, but the nails put a wrench in that.
>>
>>44191464
Because in the grim darkness of the far future there aren't good people, and even the Emperor is a fucking asshole
>>
>>44190701
Magnus.

He'd copy-paste every bit of info your culture had, then teach your psykers to stop shitting out daemons.
>>
File: Erebus_2a.jpg (144 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Erebus_2a.jpg
144 KB, 800x680
>>44191474
>his underling Erebus

Underling, or (co-)string-puller?
>>
>>44191599
Magnus couldn't even teach himself to stop shitting out daemons.
>>
>>44191614
>Erebus
>In the Greek mythology, the good of darkness and shadow
>He's bad
Gee, totally unexpected
I guess he should have trusted Darth Evilbad instead
>>
>>44184703
A lot of people give the Primarchs shit for looking up to Big E as a father figure despite being fully grown men, but the situation is more like a fully grown adult whose absentee father just moved back in their life. You want them to be a part of your life again because they're family, even though you know you'll never get that potential childhood back. Note that all of the Primarchs who never really looked for the Emperor's approval all had foster parents of their own (Gulliman, Dorn, Khan), whereas the ones who did tended to be raised communally (Fulgrim, Corax) or had no parents.
>>
>>44191667
He basically had a psychic buttplug jammed up in there, and when Russ fucked with him he was all
>YOU WANT TO START SHIT? I'LL SHOW YOU SHIT!
>>
>>44187638
The Terran recruits were also recruited from the sons of convicted criminals from prisons on Terra. Night Lords were fucked from the get go
>>
>Misunderstandings, misunderstandings everywhere
Did Inoue write part of the lore? where's the fight on a bridge in the third act?
>>
>>44191768
What possible reason is there to recruit everyone from the same fucked up background.

Yeah sure, the sons of criminals can have their use, but spread them around a little so that groupthink can't lead them astray.
>>
>>44186495

Yes. Lorgar's motivations have nothing to do with religion. He's just old-school Lex Luthor.

Remember, he's supposed to look most like the Emperor, but where are his flowing dark locks?

He's just made the Emperor made him lose it all and go bald.
>>
>>44190546
Maybe one reason the Emperor wasn't happy with Lorgar's progress wasn't that it was slow, but because his systematic need to destroy anything and everything non-Emperor related was probably wrecking a whole lot of useful archaeotech and STC templates that could be put to good use.
>>
>>44188982
My guess would be that Lorgar and Horus had the Emperor's charisma. Those were the two most diplomatic and charming of the Primarchs, they could bring a world to compliance just by sitting down at a table with it's leaders.
>>
>>44191614
When it comes to planning dick moves yeah Erebus and even Kor Phaeron are co-string pullers.
>>
File: Raptors.jpg (94 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
Raptors.jpg
94 KB, 400x550
>>44190989

>based lucoryphus
>>
LORGAR

DID

NOTHING

WRONG
>>
>>44189571

>Ecclesiarchy a bad thing
>Ecclesiarchy spreads faith in the Emprah
>It is fact that faith in the Emprah can work like anti-chaos, protecting you from daemons and even doing essentially magical shit without chaos.

The joke is the Emperor is doing more to protect people from chaos as an icon of veneration than his "make everyone an atheist and then chaos will starve" plan. The moral of the Horus Heresy is that chaos will always find a way - its better to be prepared than to try and pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
>>44191950
The Enclave is in 40k now?
>>
>>44184469
>and even Pert's and Mort's despite them being my favourites.
Top tier taste.
>>
>>44192052

They're primarchs, its a xenocidal (minimum) crusade, its the grim darkness of the 31st millennium when enlightenment and reason finally give up and die. They all did all kinds of wrong shit to tragic consequences. That's sort of the idea.
>>
>>44191820

Terra had generally a lot of fucked up people on it. It doesn't sound as crazy when you read up on who the original Night Lords were fighting on Terra - really fucked up cults and abominations of science. Even for Space Marines you needed some heartless motherfuckers to go in there and not get messed up.
>>
File: trust nobody, not even.jpg (35 KB, 680x517) Image search: [Google]
trust nobody, not even.jpg
35 KB, 680x517
>>44191163
>someone is using a screencap of a post I made to respond to a post I made

I don't even what
>>
>>44192107
Morty was cool but Pert a shit

>>44192191
If I wanted to read up on the proto legions and conquest of Terra where would I go? What did the SW, and Salamanders do, I never hear much about them until they found their primarch.
>>
>>44191163
Why was the Emperor on a time limit again?
>>
>>44189294
/tg/, and only lately, seems to enjoy wanking him a lot, but in terms of Primarchs he's not very special besides the fact that he can fly.
He was:
>The second best psyker of his brothers
>A great warrior (has anyone else 1v1'd bloodthirsters and won?
And most importantly, he believed people were fundamentally good. He was an optimist that always wanted to rebuild the planets he crusaded on, and make them prosperous.
Despite the affliction his own legion had, he still didn't have all the cynicism and pessimism so many others had as the Great Crusade carried on.
>>
>>44192330
Nids
>>
File: 1438340592698.jpg (99 KB, 414x446) Image search: [Google]
1438340592698.jpg
99 KB, 414x446
>>44186318
>mfw dorn fags are this deluded
>>
>>44192268

I think there's some references in the HH books, specifically the Crimson Walkers. Remember that Terra was pretty damn fucked up. The Crimson Walkers had "flesh forges", "blood harvests" and turned people into half-zombies. They were basically Dark Eldar but people and when the Emperor heard how fucked up this was, he instantly sicked the 8th on them, suggesting they were his response to shit that even grossed him out.
>>
>>44192346
>He was:
>>The second best psyker of his brothers

Not saying much. He had some visions, which are neat and all, but he wasn't exactly shitting lightning.

>>A great warrior (has anyone else 1v1'd bloodthirsters and won?

Marneus Calgar has. Bloodthirsters are said to be around Primarch level, so beating a Bloodthirster shouldn't be beyond the scope of any Primarch. Sangunius just did if with style because he can fly.

>And most importantly, he believed people were fundamentally good. He was an optimist that always wanted to rebuild the planets he crusaded on, and make them prosperous.

That was Guilliman. Sangunius left Baal a shit hole.
>>
>>44192414
I thought that was the Space Wolves? Remember how they fucked up those cyborg things in Prospero Burns? They wouldn't just kill them they would dismember them and rip them apart to "drive out the maleificarum" and ensure that it would never come back
>>
File: 1435922142332.png (155 KB, 680x780) Image search: [Google]
1435922142332.png
155 KB, 680x780
>>44186318
>>
>>44192500
He did.

>Dorn's Big Day.png
>>
>>44192346
>The second best psyker of his brothers
except after The Emperor and Magnus - and perhaps Malcador - it was stated that Lorgar was the third most powerful psyker in the Imperium at that time, but he held himself back something fierce.

Once he fell to chaos full-on, he didn't give a shit and became a real psychic monster, so to speak.

If memory serves me right, it was stated in "The First Heretic" and I think there was a passage or two about it in "Betrayer" too
>>
>>44192489

Maybe the space wolves were busy. Or maybe the stuff on Terra was somehow even worse. Their Primarch really had the jones for going after the worst of the worst.

Maybe the Night Lords spent their time murdering like... pedophile cults or shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.