[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what really happened to the two Lost Legions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Investiary_Imperial_Palace.jpg (265 KB, 867x411) Image search: [Google]
Investiary_Imperial_Palace.jpg
265 KB, 867x411
So what really happened to the two Lost Legions?
>>
>>44183668
Doomguy & Samus Aran

/thread
>>
We don't talk about them for a reason OP.
>>
They're supposed to be available as a possible primarch/chapter for players to make up on their own.
>>
>Rick Priestley admitted that the unknown legions were supposed to be a reference to the three Roman legions wiped out in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest, whose numbers were never reused after they were slain to a man by German barbarians
>>
>>44183728

BL threw that idea out the window.
>>
>>44183668

The Primarchs never got their legions. The Marines were folded into the Ultramarines instead.

It's heavily implied that one was lost to mutation, and the other was raised by aliens.
>>
>>44183668
Lehman Russ
>>
>>44183776
>one lost to mutation = no John, you are the demons
>one raised by aliens = Samus Aran

It all makes sense.
>>
>>44183776

Interesting, what's the sources on that?
>>
>>44183770
What are they gonna do to stop me, shoot me?
>>
>>44183702
/threading your own post should be a bannable offence.

Especially with such a fucktarded meme answer.

>>44183668
Purged. Which is unfortunate, because before the retcons they were just "lost". I thought it was a lot better, the mystery served the setting a lot better.

Like the Carcharodon mystery or the host of other cracks in the setting GW is filling slowly, with retarded bullshit.
>>
>>44183833

The First Heretic has the Word Bearers talk about why the Ultramarines are the largest legion. The other theory is from The Lightning-Struck Tower: We know that those Primarchs are dead, and what could have been the reason for their deaths? (Note that Leman Russ basically says "Yes, Dad sent me to kill them.")

It can't have been Chaos. None of the others knew about Chaos yet. And everyone seems to agree it was a good kill - Even Lorgar is like "I understand why Dad had to do it. God, I hope I'm not next."

So the three explanations are:

1.) The Primarch was just so bone-headed stubborn he fought the Emperor to the death. Unlikely, since even Angron was allowed to survive.

2.) Mutation. Everyone finds mutation disgusting. Any deviation from the human norm (Even having 1% of alien DNA) is enough for you to be killed. Sanginus is the exception, because he's handsome as fuck.

3.) Aliens. Because the Emperor's plan called for the genocide of ALL aliens, everywhere.

So it's one of the three, in each case.
>>
Space Yiffs killed them
>>
>>44183668
Literally whatever you want. They exist so you can justify space marine chapters whose tactics or history wouldn't line up with any of the established legions or Primarchs. They're meant to enable you to make a chapter out of whatever idea you want without contradicting canon.
>>
>>44184308
>Sanginus is the exception, because he's handsome as fuck.
Hell, even angel boy himself was worried that his legion's mutation would get his legion sanctioned, hence why he didn't ask Big E how to fix it

Various pieces of sourced information:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Two_unknown_legions
>>
>>44183728
This was the original intent, then cunts like this>>44183668 who needed more canon and couldn't appreciate ambiguity in the name of making room for "your guys" in a game about modelling and painting your own army, which caused BL to do this>>44183770
>>
>>44183668
Noooobody knoooows.

>>44183770
Nobody cares about BL's fanfiction.
>>
File: Disguise.jpg (87 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Disguise.jpg
87 KB, 250x250
>>44185291
>Nobody cares about BL

Fucking this.

Alan Merritt & Co can drown in a river of dicks for lying about BL retconning old fluff to give the IP better continuity when the result is, the fluff's more contradictory than ever!

The "missing" Primarchs were missing from the day Rick penned RT, basing the entry on disgraced Legions expunged from Roman records IRL. They can be neither more nor less missing, no matter what BL does.
>>
>>44184308
>Sanginus is the exception, because he's handsome as fuck.
This is pure heresy.
>>
File: meetjoeblack.jpg (14 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
meetjoeblack.jpg
14 KB, 217x232
>>44183668
Mmmm missing legion speculation, my favorite coffee. Also, Sanguinius was bishōnen jesus.
>>
>>44183668
In HH book 3 in the Alpha Lefion section, it details that the two lost legions were wiped out during their proto-Legion state near the beginning of the great crusade.

As the early legions spread out, there was only a finite number of appropriate recruiting worlds for the Astartes legions, and most of them had been claimed.

The (REDACTED) was wiped out after the Lefion began recruiting from (seriously) impure stock. They were deemed corrupted, and were obliterated to a man.
>>
>>44186452
Proto legion being 1-3,000 astartes.

To clarify, only one of the two lost legion was wiped out for this reason. The second lost Lefion is referenced in the same section of the book but is not elaborated on
>>
>>44183668
They got lost.

Like, they where going to the crusade and got lost.
>>
>>44183668
https://youtu.be/elwmQHzNSHM?t=762

there's no proper answer, they're just gone
>>
File: Large-sigillite.jpg (161 KB, 650x644) Image search: [Google]
Large-sigillite.jpg
161 KB, 650x644
Malcador needed some skulls to decorate his throne.
>>
>>44184490

You know, a thing about Sanginus is that I always thought that wings would be incredible vulnerable. I mean, one slice would fuck him up.

But then you realize that his wings could carry him in the air when he was wearing full armor. That means that his wings are so powerful, being hit by one is like being hit by a break wall. I assume he weighs about a tonne, maybe more with armor. So that means his wings can carry him into the air with no significant difficulty...And hit people REALLY HARD.
>>
>>44183668
Emps got really high while making the Primrchs. Maths is hard when you're on LSD. You do the... well you get the idea.
>>
>>44183668
Always figured one of them ended up in the Eye on a throwback world. The empire he would found helped hold back the chaos for thousands of years.
He was raised with the name of Sigmar.
>>
>>44183668

They landed on a planet made up of a single ocean of white spirit and all their paint came off.
>>
>>44183776
>The Primarchs never got their legions.

All primarchs got their Legions.

> The Marines were folded into the Ultramarines instead.

Word Bearer fanfiction to excuse their own inadequacy.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.