[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization Thread! Hey its your DM here pick a race and terrain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: Civ..jpg (2 MB, 1841x3681) Image search: [Google]
Civ..jpg
2 MB, 1841x3681
Civilization Thread! Hey its your DM here pick a race and terrain +3 votes starts
>>
>>44178244
Machines and volcano.
>>
>>44178244
Giants in Forest

Direwolf for Animal Companion
>>
>>44178363
Seconding.
>>
>>44178363
I'll support if OP is fine with it
>>
>>44178363
Second
>>
>>44178244
swamp trolls
>>
File: image011.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image011.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
How can we not go with Homunculus Necropolis? Two automatic story arcs (possibly related?) and a badass starting zone in an even more badass location
>>
>>44179189
>Robots in a volcano
>Not just as awesome if not moreso.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 1136x640
>always want machines in volcano
>people would rather play humans/plains, insects/swamp, or vampire/cave for the billionth time
>finally machines
Oh fuck I'm hyped
>>
>>44179309
Been a while since ive seen a machine civ. Should be fun. If OP is still here.
>>
>>44178244
I am a Newfag

>Slime
>Swamp
>>
>>44179368
Don't jinx it. Some OPs just disappear if they don't get votes for a race they like.
>>
File: image.jpg (5 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 MB, 3264x2448
>>44179418
What's even the fucking point of asking at that point? Just pick what race you want to play. People will play it and you won't look like a jackass
>>
File: 124353246541.jpg (8 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
124353246541.jpg
8 KB, 300x200
>>44179488
Anonymity lets you get away with all sorts of shit.
>>
File: ControlFriday100 (2).png (2 MB, 937x706) Image search: [Google]
ControlFriday100 (2).png
2 MB, 937x706
Think of all the science we could do!
>>
Alright OP pussied out so I'll try this. Take into account that I'm typing this up on a fucking normie iPhone. That's how much I want a machine civ.

EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN TIMER HAS ENDED
POWERING ON....
>>
>>44180123
Your systems log back on and you scan the immediate room for any dangers. Nothing but three skeletons appear on your radar...it seems like whatever the danger was it is gone now.
IMMEDIATE CHECKUP ENGAGED
Power supply: decent
Drones: 10 grabber drones and 10 gunner drones
Machines: 5 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
Building facilities: 1 collapsed steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder
Memory files: extremely damaged (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)

You are S.A.L.L.Y. What does that stand for? Even you don't know. You are the head A.I. of this mountainside base. All you can remember is that some of these skeletons are your old masters while others are...something else. There are currently 4 locked rooms, 1 collapsed steel mine, and the two building rooms that branch off from your room. What would you like to accomplish first (2 actions)?
>>
>>44180142
>Bring mine back into service
>scout area with multipurpose drones
>>
>>44180232
Second
>>
>>44180232
Shit I guess that I should have explained this. All actions must require a roll of 1d20 to determine how successful it is
>>
Are you guys fine with me rolling the dice irl to see how successful it is? (This action got a roll of 9) ect.
>>
Rolled 4, 6 = 10 (2d10)

>>44180331
>>44180376
I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>44180383
K I'll get to writing and do that from now on
>>
You send a 2 grabber drones to clear out the mine. It goes absolutely horribly as one of your drones accidentally drops a large rock on the other's arm, crushing it. They did get a few rocks out of the way though but to the loss of an arm. Should be an easy fix though (25% completed). You then send 3 grabber drones and 2 gunner drones to scout out the area. We are inside a large, metal room that is located inside of a mountain (from what you can recall). There are four closed doors in this room and one of them has light peeping through it's cracks. There are also the two building rooms and the collapsed mine.

Drones: 10 grabber drones (1 damaged) and 10 gunner drones
Machines: 5 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
Building facilities: 1 collapsed steel mine (25% cleared), 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder
Memory files: extremely damaged (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)

What would you like to accomplish now (2 actions)?
>>
>>44180542
>Continue clearing mine
>Attempt to repair memory for blueprints

Do we have a body, or are we an overwatching AI?
>>
>>44180646
Second.

Start searching the building rooms next turn? Or maybe search our starting room for keys/anything useful.
>>
>>44180717
Worth a try.
I'm trying to think of something to open up our basic options from just gathering and searching.
>>
(Rolled 11,6)
We are metallic supercomputer that is inside of the main room. We can see through a monitor that can swivel around 360 degrees and we have a voice that sounds like a feminine Stephan Hawkings. You decide that one of your top priorities would be to finish clearing that mine. Instead of a measly two drones you decide to send all of your drones to clear out the mine. It goes rather successfully until the same drone...drops the same rock...on top of the same drone. This causes the drone to malfunction and to fly into the collapsed tunnel, blowing the rocks away. You lost a drone but now you have a (currently un-manned) mine. It also seems like fixing your memory file would be a good idea so you send one of the machines to work on it. Nothing really happens due to him being a basic machine but you do remember where a key is. (1 key added)
>>
Drones: 9 grabber drones and 10 gunner drones
Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder
Inventory: 1 key
>>
>>44180845
>Search machine building facility
>Mine some materials
>>
>>44180890
Second
>>
>>44180845
what type of guns are the drones carrying?

>>44180890
Second
>>
>>44180890
From now on if you guys want to do searching or building projects it would make it a lot easier if you specified which units to do what task.
>Send a few of the grabber drones to clear out the rats
I don't want to misinterpret what you guys are saying by using the wrong unit
>>
>>44180970
For the moment I don't think it matters, but will do for future reference.
>>
(Rolled 13,17)

Your gunner drones are all basically carrying assault rifles that replace their arms. Think tau gunner drones.
It is always good to know your surroundings. So what are you going to do next? Get to know your surroundings. You send your machines into their respected building facility and you find a two keys and...something else. It seems to be a few skeletons of your former masters. They are holding a few spears and a couple shields. After your idiotic drone destroyed good old drone #7 you decide to mine some minerals to maybe build some more drones. It goes very well. Your drones seem to be extremely determined to get some new comorades so they bring up a good haul of steel and a little bit of copper too. After the work is done you give all of them a good job...except for #6. You're still mad at him.
>>
>>44181165

Inventory: 3 keys, 3 spears, 2 shields, 55 steel, 15 copper
>>
>>44181183
>Macro drones
>Collect materials
We starcraft now
>>
>>44181183
Check the rooms around
>>
>>44181183
send a couple of scout squads to find the layout of the base and try the keys on the doors.

3 grabber drones and 2 gunner drones - per squad
>>
oh good, this thread picked up.
>>
>>44181275
Yeah it has but I'm slow as shit. Open doors, search the rooms, and gather resources. Got it
>>
(Rolled 4,10)

MORE RESOURCES! Is what the 3 drones would have happily said a little while ago. Their gears are a bit too sore so they barely get anything done (+5 steel). You send out two small squads to open the doors. The first squad has a success! The key matched the door and didn't break! (Outside world unlocked, -1 key). Your drones see a large, molten plain lying in front of you while large volcanos sprout out of the ground. Seems like your mountain isn't really a mountain. The other squad has less success...#6 managed to break the key in mid-turn. Sometimes you wonder why you haven't shut him down for good yet...(-1 key)
>>
>>44181468

Inventory: 1 key, 3 spears, 2 shields, 60 steel, 15 copper
>>
>>44181494
>search drone room for stuff with gundrones
>make more grabber drones
>>
>>44181494
>Search for a drone foundry
>Mine for more stuff
>>
>>44181526
(Rolled 20,8)

Since you had such luck searching the machine room you decide that you might as well search the drone room. The drones don't find much up until they see something clutched in yet another dead master's skeletal grasp (all of these skeletons everywhere is kind of gross) a new blueprint! FLAMER DRONE UNLOCKED. What is a flamer drone you might ask? Well it's just like a gunner drone, but it has flamethrowers instead of guns. The drones still mourned the loss of #7 despite the exciting new discovery. So you give the command to rebuild #7....hopefully #6 won't kill him again. (-10 steel, -5 copper, +1 grabber drone)
>>44181688
Too slow!
>>
>>44181727

Drones: 9 grabber drones, 10 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones
Locations unlocked: Home base (different name?), Outside world
Inventory: 1 key, 3 spears, 2 shields, 50 steel, 10 copper
>>
>>44181747
>Build more grabbin drones
>Mine more materials
>>
>>44181797
Are you really the only one playing?
>>
>>44181840
13 unique posters. I'm just quick to to reply.
>>
>>44181747
>Search for a drone foundry
>Mine for more stuff

It didn't post before :(
>>
(Rolled 12,19)

Excited with the possibility of more friends your grabbing drones decide to mine for more materials so that they can be built. Work is quick and most of the day is filled with the happy beeping of working drones. (+40 steel, +25 copper) Your machines decide to help the drones out by building some new buddies for them. As it turns out robotic hands are better at assembling than pincer hands are. (-50 steel, -20 copper, +10 grabbing drones)

Drones: 20 grabber drones, 10 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones
Locations unlocked: Home base (different name?), Outside world
Inventory: 1 key, 3 spears, 2 shields, 40 steel, 15 copper
>>
>>44182129
>Send a scout to survey the outside world
>Continue mining for materials
>>
>>44182172
This.
>>
(Rolled 6,14)

With your volcano-side home feeling a bit cramped you decide you decide to send a small scouting party outside to investigate this brand new world. They don't get too far however as they hear a large roar and the sound of clanging metal which in turn, causes them to come crying home. They do say that they did see a village to the east of the base. More resources are mined for with above average success. The drones start singing to pass the time. (+50 steel, +15 copper)

Drones: 20 grabber drones, 10 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones
Locations unlocked: Home base (different name?), Outside world, Village
Inventory: 1 key, 3 spears, 2 shields, 90 steel, 35 copper
>>
>>44182328
>you decide you decide
Shit
>>
>>44182328
>Teach drones the blues
>Scout more
>>
>>44182328
>Send a larger, armed party to investigate the Scary Thing
>Research better weapons
>>
>>44182367
Second.
>>
(Rolled 3,8)

Ashamed with the cowardice of your drones you decide to send out a small party to fight whatever the scary thing was. Sadly, word about the scary thing has spread around the facility quickly in some new blues song that #6 made up. You can only convince 1 machine (spear & shield) and 1 gunner drone to investigate. To put it blunt, your babies got destroyed. The gunner drone was destroyed and the machine returned with his spear shoved through his torso. Before he passed he described his attacker as a large humanoid creature that kept healing every time he stabbed it and that right before he was finished off a hyena-like creature scared the monster away with fire and stole his dead drone brother. (-gunner drone, -1 machine) With this new discovery your drones need something to be more secure about however, you yourself are a little spooked by this and it is this cowardice that prevents you from getting much done. (Weapon research 35%)

Drones: 20 grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones
Machines: 4 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
Memory files: extremely damaged (weapons research 35%) (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>>
>>44182638
>Continue working on weapon tech
>Develop more inspiring, uplifting music to boost morale
>>
>>44182638
>Forgive #6(or try to)
>Teach drones to dance
>>
>>44182668
This.

I can't keep posting but I'll be lurking.
>>
>>44182638
Fortify the entrance to the base by constructing turrets with a fixed power supply so the drones can shut down and recharge in peace
>>
(Rolled 16,18)

With the sudden cowardice or your babies impairing progress you decide to do something about it. #6 is called to you and given the order to provide uplifting music for his brethren. For once #6 actually proves his worth and begins to blast uplifting music in the form of soul and funk. Your base sounds like Louisiana now. (Morale across all units is greatly restored) Despite the funky music you still have a troll (as your data files call it) to worry about. Weapon research is heavily researched by the other 4 machines who mourn for their lost brother. HEAVY MACHINE GUN TURRET UNLOCKED. This turret has one heavy machine gun in the front and automatically identifies targets, asks for permission to shoot, and if given permission, shoots. (+1 HMG turret, -power)
>>
Power supply: sub-par
Drones: 20 grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones
Machines: 4 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
Turrets: 1 Heavy Machine Gun Turret
Moral: Absolutely funky

I have to go jack off now guys. Expect a new thread around 7 pm tomorrow (if nothing else comes up that is.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.