[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legacy thread! Favorite interactions edition. The joy of stacking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: hymn-to-tourach-art.jpg (71 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
hymn-to-tourach-art.jpg
71 KB, 500x400
Legacy thread!

Favorite interactions edition. The joy of stacking your opponents tabernacle triggers. Or not paying upkeep triggers on blightsteel colossus. Whats the biggest stifle blowout? What exactly does chains of mephistophecles do?
>>
>>44178041
Elves here. Shaman of the pack, or no?
>>
>>44178746
Not elves here. Its a bit win-more, but it's a decent way to go over the top
>>
>>44178041
Does anyone play MUD looks fun, but I don't want to invest that type of money if its not viable.
>>
>>44180116
I am thinking about adding it, because I somethings find myself with a bunch of Elves but not enough mana for a craterhoof. Seems like it could help the deck against fair decks too.
>>
>>44178041
>Whats the biggest stifle blowout?
t1 fetch is the only reason to mainboard stifle

>What exactly does chains of mephistophecles do?
if you would draw a card except for the first one during your draw step, you must first discard a card. if you do discard a card to this effect, you then draw a card. (this draw is not effected by chains of mephistopheles, however multiple chains are cumulative and each instance of card draw is checked separately eg. draw three cards is treated as three successive instances of draw one card.) if a player cannot discard a card to the chains of mephistopheles effect because they have no cards in hand, they instead draw no card and mill one.
>>
>>44180130
I've played it, here's my opinion. It's very high variance, the lack of blue spells means that the number of decisions you have to make is pretty low so your mulligan agreements are your only way to outplay your opponent. You can have some hands that lock out your opponent, and have some really good matchups, but I wouldn't play it unless I thought I wasn't a better player than my opponents.

It's not a bad deck, but it's about as complicated as a burn deck.
>>
>>44180569
What are some good match ups? I am inclined to play it, because the mana base is relatively cheap compared to other legacy decks. Plus I love big roberts
>>
>>44180434
That's the most common use of stifle. Stifle counters:

Rest in peace (sort of)
Suspend cards
Planeswalker activations, ultimates
Annihilator triggers
Griselbrand activations
Chalice of the void triggers

There's such a high ceiling for that card
>>
>>44180663
It's really strong against miracles, combo decks and has good game against aggro decks if you can land a turn 1 Chalice or trinisphere, but struggles to remove things once they're on the board. The game plan is to get virtual card advantage by making their cards useless.
>>
>>44180782
How important is ancient city? It's a bit expensive, but I can't really think of a replacement.
>>
>>44180827
It is 100% necessary, the deck doesn't function without it. You need a t1 chalice or trinisphere to lock people out
>>
>>44180985
Crud. I guess I'll have to make the investment if I wanna play in the big leagues
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
personal favourite is a sliver deck with two or three of these in it.
synergises so well because fuck you now i have a 30/30 flying trampling first strike machine. the counter just keep on regenerating.
>>
>>44181180
Unfortunately yes. If you're serious, get 8 blue fetches (polluted delta and flooded starand), 4 wastelands, 4 force of wills and some number of blue dual lands, then throw delver together
>>
>>44181657
I have most of the blue fetches, because of modern, but I can't really justify buying forces let alone duel lands. Although RUG delver seems like a blast to play.
>>
>>44181846
Force is the big barrier to entry, once you get the set you can start playing a lot of different decks
>>
>>44180712
right
you can stifle storm triggers and such as well, but the biggest blowout by FAR for most decks is leading with a fetch and having it stifled.

for the op: my personal favorite 'interaction' is responding to a jace 0 with flash notion thief.
>>
>>44182134
True. I think I'll trade some stuff in and maybe proxy some cards.
>>
>>44182134
TFW got Fow's for like $5 each in 1996

TFW i would rather play burn than almost anything with blue

Any ideas?
>>
I love miracles, i hope to get more on SOI
>>
>>44182287
I play in a proxy league, do that before you invest in anything major to get a feel for the format

>>44182405
Nic fit, maverick, jund maybe. Lands if you hate having fun/want something different Are you looking for a new deck?
>>
>>44178041
>What exactly does chains of mephistophecles do?

You go to draw a card (not counting your normal draw phase card).
For each card you're drawing, before you draw it, discard a card.
If you can, draw that card.
If you can't, skip that draw and mill 1.

Multiple Chains stack - ie, with two Chains out, you'd go to draw a card, discard a card, discard a second card, then draw the card.
>>
>>44182788
I'll get my friend to proxy some cards. Maybe I'll spend some money on some stonemans
>>
>>44182788
Yeah
I was thinking of trying Aluren, it seems pretty fun
>>
>>44183393
It's pretty tough to run, but It's pretty fun. You also don't need forces to run it.
>>
>>44183981
I was looking at the lists, some people do
I was also thinking about Food Chain
>>
Dazing a Force is hilarious.
Fireblast + Reverberate is my favorite way of dumping damage onto one's face.
>>
>>44184392
Dazing a force is hilarious
Forcing a daze is sickening
>>
>>44184144
Both of those have the "they might just not know what you're doing" factor. I have not been blown away by the food griffin combo, I've seen it assemble the food griffin combo and then still not win a lot
>>
Canadian Threshold or Burg Delver?
>>
>>44185601
I think gRUB Delver is better right now, but RUG is always a contender.

RUG loses harder to it's bad match ups I think, but I'm not a delver player so I wouldn't know for sure.
>>
>>44187374
I'd like to see a breakdown of everyone's matchups. Is there a database where they have that?
>>
>>44182982
So if there are two chains out and you only have one card in hand you can't draw additional cards? How do replacement effects stack?
>>
>>44182467
I can't think of anything they could reasonably print that would be better than 1 mana wrath of god or super decree of justice
>>
>>44181356
Can you use this to transfer loyalty counters from a Gideon to some other planeswalker in some reasonable way?
>>
>>44190149
Each replacement effect is trying to modify the "draw" action.

The first modifies the action to "discard then draw".

The second will modify the "draw" in the modified action with "discard then draw", essentially making it "discard then discard then draw".

A third would then modify "draw" again the same way making it "discard then discard then discard then draw". Etc.

For each Chains in play you need a card in your hand to discard one at a time. If at any point in the chain you have no cards left to discard, the chain ends and you mill the top card of your library.

Remember that Chains doesn't effect your normal once-a-turn card draw, just any EXTRA cards you draw.
>>
>>44190191
It only transfers between creatures, so it can only transfer between Gideon and Sarkhan the Dragonspeaker, since they're the only planeswalkers that can become creatures.
>>
>>44184144
Food chain is actually in of the best FoW decks since it's the only one that is more than happy to exile a blue card to it. It'd be a waste not to run 4of.
>>
>>44180712
Don't forget cascade triggers. Sorry, your Shardless Agent is now a Gray Ogre.
>>
>>44191812
It's the best use of force of will, i would argue that tempo decks are better force of will shells
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.