[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Friends, I need a MTG Morality check from the community at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Silent Arbiter.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Silent Arbiter.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
My Friends, I need a MTG Morality check from the community at large if you would be so kind.

Yesterday, being my birthday, I bought a booster box of "Conspiracy" and treated my LGS to a free draft, prizes included. Only eight showed, so we re-drafted the final four.
I did end up winning, and was not "allowed" to win (I got a look at people's final hands after they were thrown down in disgust).

The game went like this. I drafted G/W/U grabbing everything that drew cards for blue, removal/protection spells from white, and big creatures from green.

The game went pretty badly for me, and it was only thanks to my donating card draw to the guy next to me that I was in the game at all. I was at 3 life when I dropped the slient arbiter. Next turn I played Terastodon, and eleminated all of one person's red mana. (the only one who had red at the table for some reason) giving her 3 3/3 elephants. This was at least accepted as fair play by the others there. There followed three turns of 1v1 attacks that did little to anyone, because we all had four or five creatures out at that point. The next turn (and the last to really matter) I dropped "Unquestioned authority" on my Terrastodon, giving it protection from creatures, and killed the first opponent in one swing. I had in hand a card to give protection from color, and a card to destroy target artifact. Over the next four turns, I swung un-blockable at each of the other two players, leaving my 'ally' for last.

Was this in the spirit of the game, or was it really cheap as they claim? The combo was not something that anyone could have pulled off, I had to survive into late game by playing the ultimate combination of chump blocking and politics, and with a CMC of 8, the terrastodon is in clear "end game" territory.
Should I have been merciful? Was it a dick move of me to win my birthday draft?
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44177282
>>
>>44177237
No, that seems fine to me, as long as you weren't being a dick and gloating about it during or after the game. Good play.
>>
File: 1226954283626.jpg (19 KB, 350x232) Image search: [Google]
1226954283626.jpg
19 KB, 350x232
They're being dicks. It's your birthday. They had the opportunity to kill you and they fucked up. If it were my table, I'd be cool with it.

Then again, I'm someone that actually enjoys slow-rolling people with Cataclysm and World Queller so maybe it's just me that feels that way.
>>
Fuck no, like you said terrastodon, especially in draft, is a finisher. Noone should expect to win after that hits the table, and if they do it's shocking. Plus the ally thing is basic table politics. sounds like your friends were being donuts at your birthday.
>>
are....are you asking if it's ok to win?
>>
Your friends are fucking children.
>>
>>44177237
>hey /tg/, was i a dick for playing Magic well and winning?
It's not about what you did, it's how you did it.

Playing the game within the rules is not being a dick in of itself.
>>
>>44177237
As a casual player, and even as a feel nice EDH player, I fail to see the issue.
>>
>>44177237
bruh you beat some scrubs and they got salty. it happens. literally nothing in this entire game is a "dick move" or "morally incorrect", there are only those who cry about strategies that beat them.

armageddon + boros charm erry day
>>
>>44177237
The fuck is unfair about dropping a fatty and making it unblockable?
They let you live too long. You don't let Green decks live too long. Green famines in the early game and feasts in the endgame.
>>
Ok, thanks guys. I feel a bit more justified. Maybe I will even USE the Conspiracy Playmat I sprung for as grand prize.
>>
>>44177237
>free draft
>they're complaining
What the shit man you literally GAVE presents on your b-day, and they salty?
Weird shit man.
>>
>>44177237
Making a fatty unblockable is how multiplayer games end. The only thing you did that could be remotely salt-inducing is denying someone a color with terrastodon, but at that point in the game, so what?

Fuck those people.
>>
>>44177237
>or was it really cheap as they claim?
No. You played your best and you won. And why the fuck are they complaining at all when you gave them free cards and draft?
>>
>>44177237
>Am I a bad person for playing well?
>>
>>44177237
Sounds like everyone was just being salty. That's what multiplayer is all about.
Happy birthday.
>>
>>44177237
>Mad that they got smoked by an obvious finisher

They're dipshits
>>
>>44181444
U wat m8, this is bait for an entirely different thread.
>>
>>44177237
Either there is something you are leaving out, or you need a new play group. You literally bought them draft packs on your birthday and won via good plays and collusion, which is normal for a pod based set literally called conspiracy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.