[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anniversary Present Ideas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: what's the point of anything.png (15 KB, 655x424) Image search: [Google]
what's the point of anything.png
15 KB, 655x424
I need to figure out what to get my SO, and was wondering if I could ask for help on here.

He uses the Pathfinder system, if that helps (but doesn't really enjoy using it; he only utilizes it for convenience). If I recall correctly, he's big on Mutants and Masterminds though.

Are there any M&M rulebooks that are nice looking? I already got him dice on a previous anniversary, and he also already has plenty of miniatures/dice holders. My options are thinning out.

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>44170533
The hell is an SO?
>>
>>44170891
Significant Other. I could have said boyfriend but I feel that's kinda shallow, haha
>>
>>44170533
Have you considered Queens Blade figures? A surprising amount of /tg/ are QB fans.
>>
I'd say snap a pic of his game shelf and minis of you can and bring it here. It's hard to gauge what he'd want until we know what he has.

>>44171089

Also works.
>>
>>44171089
>>44171129
they're action figures, right? I know /tg/ collects miniatures, so that makes sense. but i've never seen him be big on miniatures/figurines in general
>>
>>44171129
he doesn't really have a game shelf. he keeps most of his books in pdfs, and all his stuff could fit in one small box. It's mostly dice and a few minis
>>
How about a gridded battle mat and some markers? Does he DM? A nice handmade DM screen would be nice too. Possibly a print version of the players hand book for PF.
>>
>>44171202
Yes, he does DM. He already has a gridded map, although I could get him a nicer one so there's an idea.

Thanks!
>>
>>44170533
A group of fun people who enjoy the game he wants to play.
>>
>>44171244
He already has a group he likes playing with
>>
>>44171223
Alternatively, something I only realized recently, but a nice large table. Maybe one of the folding plastic tables that can be stored. They are large and can accomodate a good game session's shenanigans.
>>
>>44171140
Not quite action figures, more like big miniatures. Like a small statue. Really nice collectors items.

>>44171152
In that case, figures are perfect. Everyone needs a game shelf and stuff to put on it.
>>
>>44171284
Hm, we do need furniture in general. That could be helpful
>>
Tackle box to hold dice and figures for easy transport.
>>
>>44171307
He's never talked about Queens Blade at all, though. This is the first I'm hearing of it. Is there a correlation between people who like Mutants and Masterminds and who like QB?
>>
>>44171343
Already have a box like that, sorry!
>>
>>44171152

A hard copy might not be a bad idea then.

He probably is trying to save money by using pdfs.
>>
File: angry batman.png (35 KB, 95x150) Image search: [Google]
angry batman.png
35 KB, 95x150
>>44171378
You hit it exactly on the nose. He also doesn't like how "bulky" hard copies are, although that could just be an excuse to get me not to buy anything for him
>>
>>44171349
>>44171349
Not directly, no, but it is about uberpowered individuals fighting in a tournament to determine who rules over them for the next 4 years.
>>
File: what.png (1 MB, 1293x860) Image search: [Google]
what.png
1 MB, 1293x860
>>44171457
Umm, ok, so I just googled "queens blade /tg/" for more research and I found the attached photo

Is this like an inside joke I'm missing or...?
>>
>>44171494
Haha. Yeah, was just pulling your leg. No hard feelings.

Seriously now, hardbacks sound like an ideal gift. I dont know anyone who doesn't prefer a physical copy to a pdf.
>>
>>44171589
Also, is he into board games at all?
>>
>>44171589
oh haha wow, you almost got me. Thank goodness for internet archives. I should probably lurk /tg/ more, now that I think about it. I mostly look over his shoulder when he goes on here.

i'm probably leaning towards a hardback or a nice gridded map

>>44171602
He likes game development, but not board games specifically. I think he really likes RPG-type quirkiness, like Earthbound or Undertale and what not
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.