[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate when people say that dragons smaller than large size are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 2859x4226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 2859x4226
I hate when people say that dragons smaller than large size are a problem.

>Saint George the level 7 paladin and the juvenile black dragon
>>
>implying /tg/ games even get to level 7
>>
File: correctnihongo.jpg (45 KB, 615x262) Image search: [Google]
correctnihongo.jpg
45 KB, 615x262
>>44168854
>>
>>44168870
That's depressing. Level 7 is right in the middle of 3.pf's sweet spot. Beyond like level 12 you're in the wizard justice league
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2861x2096) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2861x2096
>>44168930
>>
if the dragon was huge then the saint couldn't be centrepiece of the art
>>
>>44168854
If the dragon was that fucking tiny, why didn't someone fill it with arrows/bolts?
>>
File: image.jpg (370 KB, 920x1168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370 KB, 920x1168
>>44168977
You'd just need a bigger painting
>>
>>44168977
I can think of several ways to work around that, several of which wouldn't require extra skill on the part of the artist. I should probably tread carefully though as I don't know much about what sort of pigments were available.

Still, the saint emphasis explanation seems likely.
>>
>>44168989
>>stealth +21
>>darkness at will
>>+12 natural armor
>>
>>44169028
>their fly speed is 150
>fire two arrows
>>suddenly you're in melee combat
>>
>>44169060
Trivial solution: more archers and some guys with boar spears
>>
>>44168989
Because why bother? What's it going to do?
>>
>>44168977
This.

In addition, dragons were typically aligned with the Devil and the Church artists were hesitant to represent an evil creature as large and powerful. That's why dragons tend to be quite small in Christian art despite classical mythology saying otherwise.
>>
>>44169083
Trivial solution: 8d6 dc20 acidic breath attack in a 60 foot line.

Unless all your archers and spearmen have evasion, buckets of hit points or strong acid resistance they're going down in a few rounds without landing a single attack
>>
>>44169126
So spread out a bit. Plus, longbows can shoot beyond the first range increment.
>>
>>44168977
Make the dragon and the background really dark. Make the saint small in comparison but he's vividly colored with a bright gold aura

Checkmate medieval artists.
>>
>>44168854
What if the problem is that there are thousands of them?

Or the problem they cause is appropriately small, such as local farmers getting their sheep preyed on?
>>
>>44169471
>god's chosen
>smaller than the spawn of satan
I want heretics to leave.
>>
>>44168989
Because as an agent of the devil, it cannot be slain except by one truly righteous.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.