[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MAGIC'S ATTITUDE >Every card illustration should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1419131667963.jpg (65 KB, 600x719) Image search: [Google]
1419131667963.jpg
65 KB, 600x719
>MAGIC'S ATTITUDE
>Every card illustration should work in that context: active, aggressive, cool, wicked, “edgy.” The word “magepunk” works for us. Remember, your audience is BOYS 14 and up

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mc3

Serious question. Why can't Magic the Gathering be allowed to grow up with its audience?
>>
File: 4479608826_879f400727_z.jpg (250 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
4479608826_879f400727_z.jpg
250 KB, 640x637
How different would Magic the Gathering be if it had 30-year-old men as its target audience?
>>
How is that suppose to apply to land art? Is this why zendikar is so popular?
>>
>>44160730
>article is from 2005
>magic was 12
>active, aggressive, cool, wicked, “edgy.”

Sounds like it aged just fine up to that point.
>>
File: 252_island1_zg521f73s4.jpg (174 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
252_island1_zg521f73s4.jpg
174 KB, 620x877
>>44160938
>Is this why zendikar is so popular?

In part, yes.
>>
MTGs targets audience is 18+ and that is being generous with the lower end. Its probably even higher. I dont think I have ever playing mtg with somebody younger than 17 in a decade.
>>
File: m8x1nm3S5W1qzpo4wo1_1280.jpg (438 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
m8x1nm3S5W1qzpo4wo1_1280.jpg
438 KB, 1080x720
>The word “magepunk” works for us
>>
>>44160730

Magic has continued to flanderize and produce a cheaper, poor art for it's cards with each new set. I am not surprised that this has made it more popular with the public at large, but I am surprised that /tg/ still talks about this poor excuse for a trading card game.
>>
>>44161287
>but I am surprised that /tg/ still talks about this poor excuse for a trading card game.

What else would we talk about? Remember, there are 154 threads on /tg/ at any given time. There's one WFRP thread, one WH40kRP thread, one 40k thread, one AoS thread, one oldhammer thread, one Eclipse Phase thread, one OSR thread, one Warmahordes thread, one World of Darkness thread, one Exalted thread, one 5e thread, one PF thread, one drawthread, three character art threads, one arms & armour thread, one historical wargames thread, two homebrew threads, a star wars thread, and seventy quest or CYOA threads. That leaves 63 threads, and we can't fill all that with smut anymore so MtG will have to do.
>>
File: Balduvian Hydra.jpg (25 KB, 382x308) Image search: [Google]
Balduvian Hydra.jpg
25 KB, 382x308
>>44161287
Jesus.
The card art was mostly atrocious and balance was terrible, the only people who pretend that magic used to be better when it was new are the people who never even played it back then and who'll regularly blurt out "the first album was the best... sellouts" in their sleep.
>>
>>44160730
there is nothing wrong here

every other thing has sold out to "diverse" audiences so its nice they have the integrity to not shut out the white male audience
>>
>>44160730
Look at the next paragraph:
>I hope this is not offensive to the female magic fans out there.
>Mostly, this is just to give the artists a barometer on what the majority of their audience is like.
>As you'll see later, we are definitely sensitive to women and how they may feel as players and how they are represented on cards.
>>
>>44160730
>A company gets flustered by the paradox of the practicality of appealing to your prime demographic and the political gaucheness of that demographic.
>>
>>44168408
Most of the women who get into these games in the first place get into it because they enjoy stuff like this. Why aren't they listening to what those fans want?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.