[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange People You've Met In Gaming...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: db48b4_5272872[1].jpg (147 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
db48b4_5272872[1].jpg
147 KB, 960x960
>Yesterday, I had met an individual that inspired me to make this thread.

Do you have any stories of the strange people that you've come to meet sense you got into tabletop gaming?

>Every once in a while, I drive two hours up the road to visit my friend and play boardgames with his buddies.
>But while I'm there, I always have to visit this one used bookstore that has a great section on old role playing game books.
>So we go, and immediately make a bee line to that section and start rummaging around for anything interesting.
>While looking around, I'm suddenly startled by someone shouting right behind me. He practically yelled directly in my ear.
>"SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS PLAY?"
>We turn to see a fat, little man, standing no larger than 5 feet staring intensely at us.
>I won't exaggerate for the sake of telling a story. He didn't stink, and he didn't seem unfriendly at first, he was just very loud, and very odd looking.
>I explained, "Well, mostly we play older versions of D&D, and Warhammer Fantasy. A little bit of everything, I guess."
>This is apparently where I made the mistake...
>I ask "what sort of stuff are you in to?" while I go back to looking through the books.
>"I AM GLAD YOU ASKED, ACTUALLY! MY GROUP IS CURRENTLY PLAYING AN RPG OF MY OWN DESIGN. YOU SEE, THE WORLD IS MADE OF FIVE INTERCONNECTED PLANAR NATIONS THAT ARE DIVIDED BY PORTALS. IN THIS WORLD, CHILDREN ARE BORN WITH SUPERPOWERS LIKE THOSE OF THE XMEN OR DC HEROES, BUT IT'S IN MEDIEVAL TIMES. TECHNOLOGY HAS ADVANCED TO BE LIKE THAT OF THE LATE 1800'S THOUGH, SO YOU CAN CARRY GUNS. WE'RE ACTUALLY LOOKING TO GET MORE PEOPLE INTO OUR GROUP."
>I explain that we're not actually from around here, but to be nice, I start to ask him questions about his setting.
>Every question is met with, "NO! I MUST HAVE NOT EXPLAINED THAT PART. LET ME RETELL YOU." But he had a really rude tone.
>He then proceeds to follow us for a little bit, explaining the lore and characters of his magical realm...
>>
>>44159769
>IT'S IN MEDIEVAL TIMES
>TECHNOLOGY HAS ADVANCED TO BE LIKE THAT OF THE LATE 1800'S THOUGH

Soooooo... not medieval times, then?
>>
>>44160664

Seems to be a contradiction in terms there.
>>
>>44159769
Strange dude.
>>
>>44160749
Yeah, that's what I thought. He seemed nice enough, he was just very excitable and LOUD. He just seemed very adamant to share his game and his setting even after I explained that I wasn't interested.

He also mentioned that he used Heroclix as minis in his games because he felt "that they represented the characters in the game better than D&D minis". Which had me thinking: "Does this nigga mean SUPERHERO superheroes? Like... People in spandex suits fighting each other in medieval times?"
>>
Huh. Reasonable weirdo that isn't a personification of everything /tg/ hates AND isn't completely horrendous. I give it a solid 8/10.
>>
>>44159769
So how did you get rid of him?
>>
>>44159769
He's probably on /tg/ right now desu senpai
>>
>>44161061
Well, while we were walking through the store, this guys volume didn't lower. As he continued to share his magical realm (which was actually pretty tame compared to what it could have been), we were walking by other sections.

Eventually one of the employees came over and asked him if he could quiet down, and then asked if we needed help looking for anything. I mentioned some books I was looking for, and I used her as a scapegoat. I managed to find a bunch of great books to help me work on a homebrew I've been working on.

One of the reasons I was interested in hearing what this guy had to say at first. He seemed like a lonely old grognard. If he didn't come off as CRAZY, I would have maybe taken him up on his offer. His game sounds like a bit shit, though.
>>
>>44160664
Yeah that doesnt make sense. He just wanted the X-Men and guns in his fantasy setting.
>>
>>44161179
What was his magical realm?
>>
>>44161179

>I managed to find a bunch of great books to help me work on a homebrew I've been working on.

And the circle of neckbeards was complete.
>>
>>44161226
Yeah, that's kind of how it came off to me. And I think my friend even said that, and it made the guy a little disgruntled.

Not the worst individual I've ever run in to in tabletop gaming, but he was very strange. Probably the worst I've seen in a while.

I used to play with guys that literally embodied "THAT GUY" stories on /tg/, and they were much worse. But that was long ago, in a time where I was desperate to find anyone to play with. Anyone.
>>
>>44161283
Don't get me wrong. I like hanging out with neckbeards. Awkward nerds and grognards are "my people".

This guy just came off as really strange. A loud, excited, little dwarf who insisted that his realm be shared.

>>44161259
I'm fairly certain that he meant the players would be playing as superhero "children" in this setting, where they live in a guild hall and fight supervillains. Honestly, I tuned him out a bit when he went on about this aspect of his "creation".
>>
>>44161409
Child characters isn't inherently fetishy at all though.
>>
>>44161602
You're right. It all just seemed a little weird.

I often define "magical realm" as one player forcing their personal tastes or interests on the others for no reason other than to live out their fantasies.
>>
>>44161688
That's not what it means at all though. Like, that is objectively an incorrect definition.
>>
Did anyone screencap that story about the autistic kid who added his own sound effects to other people's MTG games?
>>
>>44159769
>join game on Roll20
>DM's homebrew, was pretty straightforward and quick to pick up
>setting is "classic fantasy" with a little steampunk thrown in
>player rolls a cleric from southern desert country
>plays her as something like a magical jihadist, seemed like a fun idea at first
>tries to convert everyone to her religion. nonstop, won't shut up about it
>insists her Goddess is the only deity in a setting where existence of several is well established
>insists her character is lawful good despite acting chaotic evil, stubbornly argues this ic ooc whenever someone tries to explain that she's not acting lawful or good
>character walks around barebreasted because it's her "culture". because we all know that desert people don't cover up...
>along with odd character and rp choices, player was outspoken feminist and gay rights activist, another one of the players loved to bait her and the arguments got tiresome
>after that character was executed for trying to commit genocide using weather control (yes. her character, not the bbeg), she went on to make other over the top characters who all had "cultural" reasons for having their tits exposed

I think she DM'd a game later, but I didn't stick around for that one. Sounds terrible when I only greentext the negative stuff, but overall the game was actually very fun. That one player was a weird one though.
>>
>>44161982

I remember this story. Didn't she show up on /tg/ and try to explain herself, but poorly?
>>
>>44161793
Okay.

Does it count if I'm fairly certain that this guy has masturbated to women in superhero clothes before?
>>
>>44162128

Anon, here, that's something we've probably all done.

I think kink.com did my favorite ones.
>>
>>44162128
Maaaaybe?

Did he give any indication that he was injecting his fetish into the game?
Did it make other players uncomfortable?

If Yes to both, Magical Realm

Else, probably not
>>
>>44161982
>insists her Goddess is the only deity in a setting where existence of several is well established
>character walks around barebreasted because it's her "culture". because we all know that desert people don't cover up...
>along with odd character and rp choices, player was outspoken feminist and gay rights activist, another one of the players loved to bait her and the arguments got tiresome
>[...]she went on to make other over the top characters who all had "cultural" reasons for having their tits exposed

God there is only 3 real arguments.
Stop whining because you can't npc other players. If someone in your group is not into teamwork just kill him, join him or send him back into arabia
>>
>>44162063
link pls. I've got to see this.
>>
>>44162187

I've lost it, too, anon. Last time I saw it was years ago, though I think they've done several. Pretty unfortunate, been trying to rebuild my collection since an unfortunate loss of files.
>>
>>44162063
>>44162187
>>44162207
Here's her telling the same story from her perspective.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/33785427/#33799465

I wasn't there for the elf druid or for the evil ninja. I was there for the cleric, barbarian, and sorceress. And "the whole group" didn't hate on gay people, just the one player who liked to bait her.

>>44162163
For the most part, the game was fun and her characters were pretty funny at times. It wasn't that big of a deal. The cleric is the only one of her characters who lived for long anyway before being literally tried and executed for her antics.
>>
>>44162601
>44162601
It's mostly a boobs problem.
>>
>>44162893
I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I also don't know why she's so convinced the DM didn't like her. The game lasted months and he never kicked her out or anything.
>>
>>44163152
Probably because he called her char a slut and she took that personally.
>>
>>44160957
Most neckbeards aren't actively malicious, they just love something most don't, and don't really know how to communicate why they love it (or how to communicate in general).
>>
Bump for more stories.
>>
>>44160664
He might mean feudal and chivalric notions, despite the shift in technology by an industrial revolution?
>>
File: i don't know anymore.gif (708 KB, 408x303) Image search: [Google]
i don't know anymore.gif
708 KB, 408x303
>>44162601
>I've been on /tg/ long enough that threads from over a year ago are being dragged out and I distinctly remember being in them.

I know I'm a calling myself out as a newfag, but this is a weird feeling. I'm not sure I like it.

To be more on topic, the weirdest person I've ever met was a guy who wanted to make Godzilla, but a dragonborn. Had some rather OP breath powers and decided his tail should be a pretty powerful blunt weapon. Overall a weird guy, but not bad - ended up coming in to help with another game I was in as an NPC.
>>
>>44162601
I'm reading through all of her responses and it makes me wonder how oblivious people are with their characters.
>>
>>44160664

Depends. The society/culture could still be stuck in the medieval equivalent and not had time to advance in time.

Basically Knights with guns instead of lances.
>>
>>44164995
But why would it be stuck in a medieval equivalent? Part of the reason that the knight fell by the wayside was the growth of cities, which later became necessary for Victorian-level industry - alongside many other things, such as the rise of more professional soldiers and the sudden growth of a more powerful middle class of non-nobles.

The point I'm trying to get at is, how can you get to an industrial revolution without leaving behind the feudalistic idea of a knight? If you have industry, you can produce arms or armor on a large scale. You don't need to have nobles train their sons for years to expensively equip them with a horse, arms and armor just to provide their feudal obligations to their lord.
>>
>>44165354
>The point I'm trying to get at is, how can you get to an industrial revolution without leaving behind the feudalistic idea of a knight? If you have industry, you can produce arms or armor on a large scale. You don't need to have nobles train their sons for years to expensively equip them with a horse, arms and armor just to provide their feudal obligations to their lord.

Fair point, and I imagine if you get creative enough you can answer it for yourself.

It's a silly trope, but it isn't automatically a dumb one. Depends on how the guy justified it in his game.
>>
>>44159769
is that the WLiiA/Office Space guy? i thought he died
>>
>>44162063
I think she's in this thread:
>>44162893
>>44162163
>>
File: def not comfy.jpg (44 KB, 599x803) Image search: [Google]
def not comfy.jpg
44 KB, 599x803
>>44162128
>not masturbating to women in superhero clothes
>>
>>44165354
>>44167721
How ? Dunno man, but it happened irl so...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
>>
Guy i've known for a long while now...lets call him Alex. Alex is a fairly decent guy, no real glaring issues aside from having not seen him without a beer in hand since the day he turned 21 (he's 33 now). But he literally only exists to game it seems, he has no friends outside of the gaming table, doesn't talk to anyone if its not related to game night. Only works so that he can afford to buy new gaming stuff and beer. Barely can get fifteen minutes of conversation with the guy that isn't based on the game we're in, games of the past or rules/mechanics questions. Been to his house, still ives with his parents, his room looks like a prison cell, just a small bed, little bookshelf covered with gaming books. Little TV and a mini fridge. According to his sister and mom thats how he likes it. He just chills in his room when he's not at work or game. Might not be too strange but is strange to me.

As a side note I've met his father four times, the guy has never spoken a weird, just looks angry at people and I guess communicates via morse code with blinking and facial ticks.
>>
File: Gunlance.png (228 KB, 694x520) Image search: [Google]
Gunlance.png
228 KB, 694x520
>>44164995
>guns instead of lances.
why not both?
>>
>>44159769
Greentexting this for simplicity's sake
>Be 16-17 years old.
>I'm a super weeaboo at the time
>Meet fellow weeaboo at local hangout spot for comic enthusiasts
>We hit it off immideatly
>He knows everything there is to know about 40K, along with a shit-ton of other random stuff
>He knows pretty much 99% of all the lore out at the time
>Talks for hours about it when asked
>I didn't know shit about 40K, but I liked the figures
>I know a lot of random shit as well, but have read far more manga than he could ever hope to read
>He ain't very clean though
>As in, he and his room is really, really dusty
>Mutated dustrabbits on the floor
>I swear, those were dusttigers by the time I got there
>He gets better over time
>He cleans semi-regularly now, enough that we can be there and play games
>He introduced me to D&D
>We're still friends, we're still weird, and we're about to play Mouseguard
>I still don't know shit about 40K

Weird dude, but he's also my friend.
>>
>>44161982
I wish I know so much cultural reasons to have tits exposed in the real world that women belive
>>
>>44161179
>homebrew
I see he inspired you to make your own magical realm.
>>
>>44164667
NEEEEEERRRRDDD! jk, anon.
>>
>>44170626
That's just some sort of oversized cannon with a bayonet on it. It has about as much in common with a lance as a lamp post does.
>>
File: wat.png (128 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
128 KB, 500x281
>>44161982
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/33785427/#33799465
That woman sounds pretty deranged.

I am glad we don't have gay people advocating "love" in our group. Or magical realming it up.
>>
>>44170624
These people used to become monks.
>>
>>44171663
I shit you not, he had considered in highschool becoming a Catholic Priest so he could join the secret Exorcist society. Like was learning Latin and Italian in preparation to heading to the Vatican. He did have a short lived hobby of ghost hunting when those shows first appeared, apparently he thought he'd be good experience for something...but he got over it quickly.
>>
>>44172062
>I shit you not, he had considered in highschool becoming a Catholic Priest so he could join the secret Exorcist society
Fate/Stay Night is a helluva drug.
>>
>>44159769
I've met someone like yours OP

>chilling at my LGS with a friend
>he's introduced me to a new TCG, I've bought a starter deck and he's showing me his cards
>he's got them in a yu-gi-oh tin, I don't play so I don't know shit about them
>as we're chatting some guy leans over his shoulder
>CAN I SEE YOUR CARDS?
>he's not that loud but interrupts our conversation straight out
>my friend: "Um... sure?"
>the guy picks up his yu-gi-oh cards and starts flicking through them. "I really need some of these cards."
>friend is silent
>guy: "I'm guessing they're not for trade though?"
>friend: "No, sorry. That's my deck."
>guy: "LET ME SHOW YOU MINE."
>without asking he goes over, gets his deck out and starts showing my friend and I every single card in the deck and explaining his strategy in great detail.
>We're both nodding along, not asking any questions to try and get him to stop.
>he keeps talking
>guy: "you know the best way to show you how this deck works would be to have a game..."
>both of us immediately make our excuses and leave

Neckbeards just get really passionate about this stuff, it seems. It's a shame they don't have the social skills to express it appropriately.
>>
>>44172235
Just googled up that series and wow it's like fifty percent of his characters. The rest are psychotic necromancers, evil priests and just insane ass shit that "we forced him to play"

Got some stories about a group that was just fucked up, like no redeeming qualities at all.
>>
File: 1435637593706.jpg (311 KB, 694x962) Image search: [Google]
1435637593706.jpg
311 KB, 694x962
>>44172235
Don't forget Tsukihime, for that extra dose of the occult
>>
>>44159769
Literal autism/10, nice lack of meme
>>
>hanging at a friends house
>his room mate has a d&d game going on
>one of them is an usually tall Asian kid wearing aviators
>every so often he shouts FUCKING NIGGER for seemingly no reason
>he goes outside to smoke while I was taking a phone call
>ask him how the game is going
>he just says "yeah its cool, you know where I can buy any pot?"
>tell him no, he says cool and walks back inside
One of the Stanger fellows I've met who wasn't just your run of the mill retard or autist
>>
>>44165354
Well actually if the superpowers are really common in the setting firearms and other military technology would make much less impact on the way wars are waged and individual prowess wouldn't be completely replaced by massed disciplined troops.
>>
File: 1428726948064.png (2 MB, 1405x1077) Image search: [Google]
1428726948064.png
2 MB, 1405x1077
>>44159769
>YOU SEE, THE WORLD IS MADE OF FIVE INTERCONNECTED PLANAR NATIONS THAT ARE DIVIDED BY PORTALS.

Serious question, that sounds hella familiar. What setting has this?
>>
>>44178840
Alara?
>>
>>44179318
Yeah, that sounds about right. Almost thought I got it from another crazy person.
>>
>>44178840
Could be Kiba too; though I couldn't begin to point you to the source, it's an anime where a kid gets transported to a farway planet in a world where you get lazer swords and summonable monsters because reasons, and the nations are seperated by planar boundries.
>>
>>44179985
That sounds like world trigger, though I don't know about the summonable monsters part
>>
>>44162601
Does she mention you in these stories anywhere? What did you play?
>>
>>44172235
I got into D&D from classmates at my Catholic high school. We liked to bug the monks who taught there about if they'd done any exorcisms. A bunch of them said yes, but after that they all clammed up. Apparently they're not supposed to talk about the details, but we all agreed it was super cool that they actually did those.
>>
>>44180739
Yeah, except "exorcism" in the real world usually means seriously fucking with someone who needs proper care for something like schizophrenia, or epilepsy, or both.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anneliese_Michel
>>
>>44181805
That's a damn shame, but it sounds like her family was a bit more culpable in that than the priest, and JPII apparently implemented stricter rules about exorcism afterwards.

In any case, I'm not about to defend something like that I don't know anything about. In fact, I've also later heard that exorcisms were all delegated to only one monk, but that his identity was kept a secret within the monastery. In other words, all I know are rumors.
>>
>>44170996
>>He ain't very clean though
>>As in, he and his room is really, really dusty
>>Mutated dustrabbits on the floor
>>I swear, those were dusttigers by the time I got there
>>He gets better over time
>>He cleans semi-regularly now, enough that we can be there and play games
>>He introduced me to D&D
>>We're still friends, we're still weird, and we're about to play Mouseguard
>>I still don't know shit about 40K

>>He gets better over time
>>He cleans semi-regularly now, enough that we can be there and play games
sounds like you maybe pulled this guy out of the feelbads with the power of friendship
>>
>>44180668
Pretty sure she doesn't specifically mention me anywhere. I played a stuck-up elf ranger.
>>
File: ultimate power.jpg (72 KB, 600x992) Image search: [Google]
ultimate power.jpg
72 KB, 600x992
>>44182088
Never underestimate it, Anons
>>
>>44181805

To play devil's advocate, people with schizophrenia and disassociative identity and stuff respond surprisingly well to rituals if the ritual is something they believe in.

I'm not excusing it, just that it isn't always as bad as you make it sound, when people do get proper care the extreme cases often end in a therapist performing a ritual which the patient believes in.
>>
There's this half Puerto rican looking kid that goes to my flg who I swear is there everyday. I don't go up regularly but he has always been there every time i'm there so he must be up there almost everyday. I mean he's there even when i just go to buy random crap on like a Monday afternoon.

For some reason or another when I was there he was eyeing me while I was looking over the stores 40k stock. I don't know if he had been watching me before then or what but I don't want to think about it. When I left the aisle he started following me. I went up to the counter and plopped a box of boyz and one of those small plastic boxes of cheap dice and he was standing right behind me and I could feel this weird autistic presence breathing right down my neck. All I wanted to do was pay and leave, after what felt like an eternity he finally spoke up right as i handed the lady at the register money.

"Do you want to play magic?"

I was practically frozen because he was creeping me out so much just standing behind me. Without even turning to face him I said, "no thank you" and he said okay and walked away; occasionally watching our games ever since.
>>
I'll never get how /tg/ stuff is so attractive to asocial neckbeard types. I feel that for things like board games/tabletop/etc. being creative and social are essential.

Not to mention everything that those ignorant of /tg/ stuff make fun all come from negative stereotypes born from the things the neckbeard types do. Skub/irrational hatred. Putting fetish over immersion. That kind of stuff.
>>
>>44182759

This is one of the stories where I feel like the hispanic dude probably is/was a lot less creepy than you're describing. "Creepy" isn't really something you can pin down though, I'm sure I'm unreasonably creeped out sometimes by people who aren't really that bad.

I remember walking into a shop with my girlfriend of the time and this shop just happened to have a game running where it was nothing but loud boisterous fatmen competing to out-do each other's dick jokes, this felt perfectly natural to me but she was instantly uncomfortable and found an excuse to wait in the car.
>>
>>44182915
>>44182915

>I feel that for things like board games/tabletop/etc. being creative and social are essential.

Yes, so it attracts a certain type of person who is starved for social interaction because they are bad at it.
>>
>>44182915

MTG/trading cards and board wargames require more rules knowledge and strategy than social interaction, and since D&D was based off of wargames, it's easy to focus on the character building and just stay silent during anything that doesn't involve rolling dice. The whole hobby is generally stereotyped as the domain of weirdos and nerds, so that probably attracts people who identify with those groups to try it out.
>>
>>44182915
It is a weird phenomena but I think Autists are more prominent in our community because things usually go hand like comic books and DnD. If you get into one it's easier to get into the other where as with sports you usually don't change sports often. So you get a much more dynamic audience like hipsters playing ironically or nerds who obsess over something fictional.

>>44182968
I don't think he's a bad person, he just acts really weird and loud and everybody i talk to who encounters him gets really uncomfortable by the way he presents himself and latches onto you for conversation. He usually never stops talking and joins in on peoples conversations or stares silently over your shoulder at what you are doing. It was just this one situation, where he walked up behind me and asked if i wanted to play magic, which was creepy.
>>
>>44183008
Good point.

>>44183031
Rules and knowledge required can range from light to heavy. But almost always more than one person is required to /tg/
>>
>>44183102
>Rules and knowledge required can range from light to heavy. But almost always more than one person is required to /tg/

Sure, but if you hang around a card shop randomly asking people to play, eventually you'll get a partner.
>>
>>44179985
Anime of Golden Compass?
>>
>>44182759
Are you in dc?
>>
pretty sure you guys are the creepy ones to one person or the other
>thread
>>
there's those who like to dress up in uniforms when playing wargames
>>
>>44164995

Historically speaking some knights did carry guns.
>>
File: 1450058821074.jpg (150 KB, 1280x967) Image search: [Google]
1450058821074.jpg
150 KB, 1280x967
>>44170626
>>
>>44184018
I almost fell for that bait.
">thread"
>>
>>44159769

There's this one guy I used to play DnD with, and oh boy, was he a weirdo.

>First session, everything normal, seems pretty on the ball, playing a bard, and doesn't even do the "must have sex with everything with a pulse" that some players do.
>Second session onwards, he will sit down in his chair, close his eyes, and as far as I can tell, not open them for the entire session.
>If he rolls dice, he runs his hands over them after the roll to call out his number
>All the notes he took he'd re-transcribe after we broke session and would open his eyes again.
>He would walk to and from the bathroom, occasionally bumping into things by the sound of it, although he was quite adept at not tripping over anyone or stepping on toes in the gaming room itself.

And the one time someone asked him why he did that, he started to hiss, and then hyperventilate.
>>
>>44184164

I guess it's because he wants to visualize the world and story?
>>
File: Business.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Business.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Moved to a new city and found a group to join off meetup.

>My GF and I went to meet strangers off the internet.
>Sit down at a table and are told to make 3.5 dnd characters. They are supposed to be furries though.
>I make a human anyways. Girlfriend makes a Neko basically human with cat ears.
>All the players essentially make furry samurai characters. Since it's a group of weebs who happen to be (you guessed it) Furries.
>The overweight neck beard sitting on the other side of my girlfriend is literally flipping through pictures on his laptop of MLP porn while the DM describes the scene.
>Half way through the game the DM asks me if I have ever seen a real samurai sword.
>I say yeah (because I don't fucking care)
> DM brings out katana from his house and pulls it out of the scabbard a small bit.
>DM says. "I dare not draw this blade further, or it will need to taste blood"
> I say "Yeah put it away then."
>My GF looks at me terrified and I tell them we need to leave. Because I have work or some shit lie.
>>
>>44184422

That doesn't really explain the hissing and hyperventilating, though.
>>
File: 1446607122894.jpg (158 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1446607122894.jpg
158 KB, 1024x904
>mfw these threads always make me recall moments of personal autism
>>
Requesting stories about being hit on by gay guys (non super disgusting/ fat ones) please

>>44184164
TOP KEK
Did he just hyperventilate and fall unconcious or did he do something else?
>>
>>44184602
Neckbeards vs. bottled water. When will the madness stop!?
>>
>>44185177
Never.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeaBl-EjW2o
>>
>>44184602
You know, I've heard furry horror stories, met furries, and personally had to deal with a bit of furfaggotry, but despite this I still can't fathom the idea that these people exist in reality. My mind seems to reject the very notion, as if its all just some giant ironic practical joke that I'm not in on.
>>
>>44182509
Can confirm, I have a grandma who runs a church and one time when I was young and staying over she got a call and I heard a bunch of fucking demons screaming through the phone. We ended up going to the house of a woman with a daughter who doctors diagnosed with schizophrenia. Ended up helping my grandma with some terrifying exorcism shit and the girl to this day is now completely fine. Honestly it's the type of thing where if someone told me about it I would call bullshit if I had not witness this.
>>
>>44170624

He sounds cool
>>
>>44185177
Well it's ot like he's going to drink it, that's gross.
>>
>>44170384
10/10 crazy mother chucker
>>
>>44184048
...and?
>>
>>44171663
Imagine Christian monks playing tabletop in the monastery. Man, that would be /th/ heaven. Not like we have women anyway, amirite?
>>
>>44185600
Ok, I got a question, since this is anonymous after all....

So I've fapped to things that aren't humans, normally alien or reptilian, and thought "Hey, this is pretty good shit, wonder if any one else likes it." Then I hear of the furry community, dressing up, acting like animals and generally acting all weird. I'm like "what the fuck, this is just....what the fuck?" So naturally I don't go around dressed up as a dog/cat/whateverthefuck, don't see myself as an animal and most certainly don't try to inject my fetish for aliens into real life.

The question I pose is this. Am I a furfag, or do I just fap to weird alien porn?
>>
>>44186212
As long as you don't identify as a weird alien porn, I think you're good.
>>
>>44182759
Are you a girl?
>>
>>44186212
I would advise against masturbation in general. Kills the drive to make your life better.
>>
>>44185600

There's currently a furry in my group. Let everyone know within fifteen minutes of joining the group chat that they were a furry, and when one of the group questioned it (since for some reason he doesn't know what it is)....well, they didn't get into too many details but gave him the gist of it. But after that, nothing. It was just a "hey, this is what I do" and then nothing. Hell, the alarm bells went off more when they said, in the session, that by being Chaotic Neutral they could do anything they want. Twice. Then proceeded to do something really fucking random.

Apart from that I'm like you man, I've heard/read the horror stories and the non-horror stories. I've witnessed furfaggotry. I've only met one furry (or rather someone who says they're a furry) to date, at least face-to-face.
>>
>>44162601
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/33785427/#33799465

so were you guys all horrible southern stereotype bigots?
>>
>>44186281
What am I supposed to do? Fuck my girlfriend?

My beautiful....big breasted....non existent girlfriend?
>>
>>44186439

This wouldn't happen to be the same reptilian one you have saved somewhere on your hard drive. would it?
>>
File: NO-animated-gif.gif (2 MB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
NO-animated-gif.gif
2 MB, 400x275
>>44184602
>>
>>44186462
Either that or it's my right hanactually no, a hand with tits would be gross
>>
>>44186212
This is /tg/, we tend to go for the exotic.

But depending on what you are talking about, yeah that could make you furry/scaly
>>
>>44184164
He was a snek in disguise, anon.
If he ever asks you to walk towards him when he's standing below you, decline
>>
>>44186540
I mean, if that's the case I'm definately not one of those ones that crams it down everyone's throats like.....well the furry community. It's like someone walking around in public in a gimp suit wearing a ball gag. Just....keep your animal fantasy out of the streets
>>
One's a guy who's strangeness really just came out of nowhere. We met over /tg/, quite friendly and affable, and had impressive facial hair and large but dorf-like stature for a guy who was only 20, which caught me off guard being the most young-looking of the group. He was actually a really creative player when it came to utilising the environment, stealth and ambushes, making full use of any verticality i'd mention in my descriptions in contrast to people claiming 4E's too vidyaish. His roleplaying was alright, became a little randumb, but really just your average PC. Another weird thing about the party was it eventually came up that all of us were bisexual, yet were either committed or not attracted.

Anyway, one of the players, also a decently close friend of mine made an unintentionally insensitive joke, being socially awkward in addition to being a casual tumblrite and /tg/ user, panicked and left the game. We all tried to convince her to come back, but one party member who's much more accustomed to off-color, perhaps puerile humor made a somewhat racial joke that I forget the exact details of, so probably wasn't too bad, and our subject suddenly went full SJW, our attempts to calm him down made him make the old 'impossible to be racist against white people' angle, despite forgiving the awkward player earlier, and suddenly blocked us all from skype/steam. It happened in the span of 5 minutes and it just took us all completely by shock. I'm still not really mad, he was a decent enough guy, kinda wish he'd be a bit more moderate, and honestly the guy who made the joke can be a bit edgy in the 'mishandled offensive humor' definition. I don't hold it against you Kildrak (I think that was your dorf rogue's name?) just ... talk sometime, man.
>>
File: Anon's girlfriend.png (107 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Anon's girlfriend.png
107 KB, 600x800
>>44186525
That has to be the weirdest thing I've drawn to date.
>>
>>44187588
I have.....no idea what to say to this...I guess thanks for making this image exists now?
>>
>>44187588
Uh, thanks anon.
>>
>>44184164
mfw this >>44184750
started out like this
>close circle of friends wanted to try out DnD, so i got the redbox
>still have no idea how to play
>mention to another friend about learning the ropes so i can DM
>neato, get invited to a session
>roll bard so I can sample all of the magic
>anon are you sleepy, you look tired
>no, I'm just asian

>then they moved the sessions earlier and I was tired
>only had instant coffee
>didn't know how it to make instant coffee so i added 3 tablespoons to my cup
>can't handle that much caffeine in my tiny asian body
>have to pee a lot and kept bobbing my leg
>liked to run my hand along the wall on the way to pee
>>
>>44159769
The closest I've come to strange is my FLGS owner. He's a tall, bearded guy who looks in his 60's or so with this really thick Aussie accent. It's not 'strange' so much as it is jarring, since we're in West Texas.
Really cool guy though.
>>
File: 1355264163641.jpg (112 KB, 299x480) Image search: [Google]
1355264163641.jpg
112 KB, 299x480
>>44188036
>>anon are you sleepy, you look tired
>>no, I'm just asian
>>
File: DualPrinciples.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DualPrinciples.pdf
1 B, 486x500
test, please ignore
>>
>>44188148
Fuck you.
>>
Not so much weird people but a That Guy story

>new player, first campaign
>guy who I've played L5R CCG with the last couple years says he's starting a game of Anima (d100 system)
>wanted to know if I would be interested since L5R was dying
>say sure, I've always wanted to play a TTRPG
>sets up time and date, gets a couple other guys
>the night of the game, his friends show up
>one is sorta weird, quiet but otherwise okay
>other guy is That Guy
>belches at a volume of 11 constantly
>smells like distilled shit
>has dark yellow teeth with black stains where the teeth meet gum, it's clear he hasn't brushed in years
>general dick, in and out of character
>whatever, I'm a chill person so I try not to let it get to me
>decide to make the equivalent of a barbarian, I've always liked those archetypes in vidya
>he plays a fire sorcerer
>my character took the alcoholic disadvantage, so I take every chance I can to get plastered
>That Guy is always trying to imply I fucked a horse while drunk
>like even after his first character died, he does it with his second character
>I straight up tell him "dude fuck off stop trying to imply I'm a horse fucker"
>he just laughs and keeps fucking doing it
>he also cheats, literally every roll by hiding his dice behind something, he always makes sure to sit on a corner so he can hide the dice roll better
>he has never not hit 90+ for his actions, and in this game the first time you roll if you get a 90 or higher, you reroll and add the two numbers
>every
>fucking
>time
>he does that shit
>at first I thought he was just super lucky, but now I realize he's full of shit, literally and figuratively
>almost makes me not want to play because it's not fun to just sit around and watch him one shot everything or persuade a guard to overlook him killing another guard or whatever the fuck he's trying to do

What do I do in this situation? He's ruining the game for me with his bullshit
>>
>>44161793
That is kinda what it means. You just add the adjective "sexual" in front of fantasies.
>>
>>44188199

Call him a horse-fucking liar?
Or just insist that he roll in the open or you leave the game, simple as that.
>>
>>44188199
see
>>44191717
Don't let him wriggle out of it. Cheats ruin games even if they're coop games

If the group is too spineless to do anything, just go.
No gaming is always better than bad gaming.
>>
>>44188199
Definitely talk to the GM about it, see if he'll back you up when you call the guy out, then call the guy out.
>>
>>44191717
>>44191792
>>44191903
The only problem is that I'm the outlier here. Everyone else has played with this guy before. I think the GM is onto it though because he's starting to get a little suspicious too

Also, since its my first game I really don't want to start shit and ruin it for everyone else
>>
>>44193357
You're not the one starting shit, he his by being a dickbag. Call him out, if he's unwilling to change, bow out of the game. No need to feel obliged to sit in a shitty game due to not wanting to ruin it for everyone else. Shit's already ruined.
>>
>>44159769
The incredibles adventures of normalfags bumpkins discovering A WHOLE WORLD of different people! witness their awe and shock at the discovery that odd interests attract odd persons! you won't believe your eyes!
>>
>>44160664
>>44160712
>>44161226
It's like medieval times in most ways, except for the technology which is about three centuries more advanced. What's hard to understand?
>>
>>44173636
I'm going to screencap this as a reminder of what kind of facebook dumpster this place has become. no, look, I'm saving the whole damn thread.
you're posting in a website that was made by neckbeards for neckbeard users, you know. >just get really passionate about this stuff, it seems. shame they don't have the social skills to express it appropriately
what a bunch of faggots
>>
File: 1404709474516_png.jpg (130 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
1404709474516_png.jpg
130 KB, 540x721
>>44185011
>requesting stories of being hit on by gay guys

Alright

>go to hobbytown because they have good discounts and I haven't left the house in like 3 days
>just digging through their 40k section because plastic crack is a tough addiction to kick
>another guy walks up and is looking at necrons
>strike up conversation with him.
>mention how I'm new to the area, found lots of good gaming groups but having a hard time finding people to hang out with for non /TG/ stuff
>dude mentions I should've been there a month ago. Tons of prime hiking and mountain climbing in the area
>dude seems pretty cool, exchange numbers, I buy some black Templar upgrade boxes and am on my way
>4 hours pass
>sitting on couch putting together black Templar
>get text from hobbytown guy
>crack jokes, talk for a bit
>suddenly "so... Do you have a significant other? ;)"
>mfw
>brain literally blue screens for about 10 seconds
>I'm from the south. I've met gay people before and am perfectly cool with them, but never before have I had one hit on me
>let alone be a suave enough fatherfucker to get my number in a goddamn hobbytown
>dont know how to respond. Try to remember all the times a girl has tried to politely say no and realize this shit is harder than it looks
>"sorry dude, don't swing that way."
>que about 30 minutes of the guy apologizing for reading the situation wrong and feeling bad about it.
>try to calm him down, eventually he stops texting
>I move away shortly afterward, never seen him since

If you're out there dude hope you didn't take it too hard. That was one of the funniest/oddest things that's happened to me in a while
>>
>>44186163
I have no doubts whatsoever that there were at least a few monks/priests/nuns who played games like ours, though probably not based on World of Darkness.
>>
>>44188148
No. What's it about?
>>
>>44185011
>Requesting stories about being hit on by gay guys
Would you like to hear the story of how I turned my GM's uncomfortably sexual advances towards me against him in-game?
>>
>>44185011
One day I was out drinking and this tall dude put his arm around my shoulder, smiled at me, and said something like "We're together tonight, right?"

I promptly fled.
>>
>>44195559
of course
>>
>>44195579
Now, I've posted this before, so, might be familiar.

>Be 15
>Family friend wants to start running WoD with me, brother, dad, and stepmom
>Had no idea WoD is the realm of creepy shit
>Shows up with two other guys. Weirdly, they all look basically the same; sorta chubby guys with beards, glasses, and wearing shirts from power metal bands
>Am into power metal myself at the time, none of them smell bad, so I haven't tripped any warning bells yet
>I had no idea what was going on at the time, but this is what I've learned since
>Game ended up being about a bunch of Sabbat vampires with sort of a "team of supervillains" tone to it
>Game was mostly fun, to me it just seemed like your average gang turf war being fought with vampires
>Play a freshly turned vampire who's really pissed off about his career being ruined and suddenly being a vampire like what the hell
>Over the course of about two years, playing every two weeks, I slowly realize that my character is ending up in sexual situations way too often, and most of the time as a result of GM interference.
>From simple stuff like "David Sung is busy so you'll have to seduce this Daeva while we break into her cocaine importing operation" all the way up to real creepy stuff like "you couldn't make it for three sessions, but your character was kidnapped by a Tzimisce"
>I start keeping track, and over the course of nearly 80 sessions, we had 37 conspicuously sexual situations come up. My character was involved in 33 of them
>>
> Has requested to play everything from a manbat to a Thri Keen, and everything in between. (Even when I say they don't exist in setting)
> Don't think he's a furry, says they're more interesting than humans.
> Now good friends, still call him a furry on a regular basis.

Oh, and my other sperglord friend hates him.
>>
>>44161179

The guns part sounds a bit shitty (maybe unless they're nifty magitech or steampunk guns or even really crappy muskets instead of modern weaponry) but I think superpowers in fantasy sounds like a really neat idea. Too many settings are the same thing over and over. You have the standard bestiary of monsters, shitloads of magic that embodies all the typical magic tropes and then everyone else is some flavor of swordsman. Sometimes you get psionics but that's usually included in a supplement as an afterthought. Something as broad as "nonmagical powers that you might have from birth" can really pump a lot of diversity and distinction into a game, I'd certainly play it.
>>
>>44195606
>Realize the GM is always way eager to talk to me at the end of each session
>Have started lurking on /tg/, am picking up more warning signs than I ever have
>Family still hasn't picked anything up
>Get nervous that the dude has a thing for a kid who is A: not interested in dudes and B: 30+ years younger than him
>Connive an escape route
>By this point in game, things are bad. There's the occasional zombie uprising, werewolves are preying on people in the streets, a tentacle monster ended up in Coit Tower(and yes, my character was the one to be caught in its tendrils; sexual incident #36)
>Our party has had a few character changes, but two have been with us the whole time. One is my own character, a man only known as "Dr. Stone"
>Has no doctorate, was going to veterinary school, Stone has nothing to do with his name. No one's precisely sure where the moniker came from
>Dr. Stone has gotten really tired of this supernatural bullshit and wants to go back to living a quiet life. But no, he had to become a vampire, get ridiculous superpowers, and fight zombies all night. He never took any Hippocratic Oath, but now he's interested in doing quite a lot of harm.
>Dr. Stone's counterpart also exists, in a man called Segway.
>>
>>44195660
>Looking back, I have to believe that Segway was partially inspired by Old Man Henderson. A 6'2" black man who was turned to a vampire in Vietnam, he's a Malkavian who suffers from some severe flashbacks, often having trouble distinguishing between werewolves and the Viet Cong.
>The way he acts is somewhere between a mix of Creed Bratton from the US version of The Office and your oldest, most racist grandpa.
>Got the name Segway from how he rides around on his Segway at night in San-Francisco's tenderloin, shooting anyone who looks "Too yellow, like one of those goddamn zombies, or badly dressed."
>Segway's player can't make it to the game regularly, so Segway sort of weaves in and out of the party's adventure. After a long stretch where Segway disappeared after beating the mayor of San-Francisco to death, he reappeared right as the players are surrounded by zombies in a gay bar(Sexual incident #37), specifically by crashing a riot truck through the wall of said gay bar, pulling his shotgun, and then recognizing the party, apparently not expecting to see them there.
>Everyone gets in the riot truck, yelling at Segway to get moving, as pulls out, mumbling that he owed the bar's owner money.
>>
>>44195682
>Most of the party has acquired magical weapons and artifacts lately, but Dr. Stone is just stuck with a heavy pistol, so the GM uses his fiat to have Segway pull a block of wood from the back seat, hand it to Dr. Stone, and say "Take it, it's a Piece of the True Cross."
>Religious relics abound in this game and we visited the warehouse with the Ark of the Covenant earlier on, so no one really bats an eye at this. Dr. Stone, being a Vampire, has to wear a welding glove to hold it though.
>Two sessions later
>Everything on Earth has gone so to shit that Angels have started directly intervening, and our BBEG, who's actually been pulling the strings the whole game(and one of the players figured out ahead of time) is revealed to be Raziel, the Angel of Secrets, who's set out to wipe out the plague of Vampires and Shadow Lurkers that infests God's World.
>None of us are interested in that
>The GM, being who he is, describes Raziel as taking the form of a young woman, clad in practical non-sexualized plate armor, but he emphasizes that Raziel has taken a specific interest in my character.
>At this point, a plan clicks into place in my mind.
>>
>>44195701
>I dig up our smart guy's notes from earlier in the campaign, where we established that the Ark of The Covenant had gained its powers from the direct and personal presence of God
>It was also established that Angels who turn against god, like Lucifer did, become as demons and vulnerable to the presence of god, clarifying that Lucifer is hiding in hell.
>Angels can turn against god by being corrupted by any of the seven deadly sins.
>One session later, Raziel is chasing us, flying at a leisurely place while we tear down the I-5 in Segway's now-heavily modified riot truck
>Everyone still alive is freaking out, even Segway, but Dr. Stone is just carefully whittling in the back
>After getting past San Jose and into the big empty expanses of farmlands, Dr. Stone stands up
>"Stop the truck, Segway. I'll handle this."
>Entire party, both IC and OOC, gives looks like I have two heads.
>Eventually convince them that I have a plan
>Have written down what Dr. Stone was whittling in a note.
>Get out of the truck and turn to face Raziel, who lands to confront me.
>I won't transcribe what was said, but essentially, the GM was trying to bait me into sexing the angel, Raziel going on and on about how she had studied Vampires so extensively that, hate them as she might, she just had to possess them.
>Stone does a bit of wordplay and makes her say it out loud; "I must possess you. I must have you. I need you."
>I speak out of character. "Alright, she falls."
>"What?"
>>
>>44195727
>"Raziel has been corrupted by the deadly sin of Lust. She's turned against her god-given duties, given in to the base sin of lusting after a corrupted creation of god. She's essentially turned into a demon now."
>Show the GM that this is the only thing that can happen by rules he himself established.
>Dr. Stone, as Raziel's angelic aura fades, knows exactly what's up, and even as Raziel's own demonic powers grow(the antichrist is loose in the land, after all) he reaches into his holster and pulls the trusty Colt 1911 that's been his only real friend since he became a vampire.
>"Alright, I roll to shoot her."
>"It can't damage her. She's a demon now."
>Slowly reach over and flip over the card that shows what Dr. Stone was whittling.
>A wooden bullet.
>Made of a piece of The True Cross.
>Which has been directly in the presence of Jesus, IE: God, at one of the holiest moments in time, and thus has acquired the same demon-slaying powers as the Ark of The Covenant or any Holy Weapon.
>Tfw I used my GM's own magical realm tendencies/creepy crush on me to defeat the BBEG all on my own, fifteen sessions before we should've been able to take her down.
>>
>>44170624

A lot of stress in my life has come from not having enough time in the week to juggle my various interests and self-imposed responsibilities, that's probably true for most people. Isn't it somewhat enviable that someone could have such a narrow interest? It wouldn't make life simple but it certainly streamlines the process, he's probably happier than a lot of people (assuming he isn't overly burdened by judgemental people pushing him to change, of course).
>>
>>44184750
>messed up with my first group
>figured someday I'd make it up to them with a proper game now that I'm a better player
>half the members have moved cross-country
>they shall always remember me as that guy
>>
File: 1437179131542.png (156 KB, 521x521) Image search: [Google]
1437179131542.png
156 KB, 521x521
>>44187588
I guess you can really palm those tits, huh?
>>
>>44159769
helpful_comrade
>>
>>44195748
Honestly if he let you go through with that, he's a pretty good DM despite his magical realming.
>>
>>44196190
He is. His games are always fun for everyone who isn't busy being uncomfortable with being hit on.
>>
>>44188199
>he also cheats, literally every roll by hiding his dice behind something, he always makes sure to sit on a corner so he can hide the dice roll better

House rule of mine you might want to try impliment - Everyone rolls from the same dice-pool into the dice bowl in the middle of the table where everyone can see everyone's results. With exception of GM who has the privilege of fluffing rolls.
>>
>>44162601
Girl probably just needed to get laid.

We had one like that in our group, and she loosed up a lot once she was getting it on the regular.

(note that this is also common with guys)
>>
>>44181805
Actually, now days there's usually a couple of years of psychiatric help involved, and the catholic church usually don't let exorcism be done unless the patient has been to the proper places to see if there's any medical, neurological or psychological reasons as to why they're fucked up, and this process can take multiple years until a priest is involved. Read a bit about the topic, and that's common info about the standard procedures used these days, but the case of Anneliese Michel was back in the seventies, so things might have been different back then.
>>
>>44185686
Believe you man, wouldn't have believed you a couple of years ago when I was a fedora, but after I witnessed some fucked up crap myself, I believe you. I'll just leave it at that.
>>
>>44173636
He just asked you for a game, and he seems friendly from your greentext. You guys were just assholes.
>>
>>44199711
It's perfectly natural to shun people with insufficient social grace. They either eventually pick it up after sufficient rejection and become civilised, or they become depressed and isolate themselves, benefiting both themselves -- as they come to terms with their inadequacy -- and others, saved from the inconvenience of having to deal with them.
>>
>>44186212
after that blue alien in that famous videogame everyone seems to be okay with xeno fucking.
Hell, even jim carey faps to furry in eternal sunshine of a spotless mind.
>>
>>44195492
>Implying Hunter: The Vigil wouldn't be a great game for religious types
>>
>>44199942
You know, it's people like you that keep people like me in business. Thank you.
>>
>>44201147
I'm guessing shrink
>>
File: ffxiv_12152015_222458.png (6 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_12152015_222458.png
6 MB, 2560x1440
>>44195630
Guns aren't exactly a "modern" invention. The first ones were in 1364. Breech loaders in the 16th century. The closest to "modern" is the repeater, which were coming around mid-1800s. So if you can do a reason in-setting that guns are a useful weapon, go for it.
>>
My girl and I were looking for a third or couple for some good old fashioned MMF or swinging. We initially posted on craigslist, but got the usual pic collectors and degenerates. Then I figured I'd have better results on reddit, so we posted in r/dirtyr4r, but got pretty much the same results, except now they had screen names.
After that, we decided to add a "looking for fellow gamers" line in there.

We finally found a couple that had the same interests as us. Tabletop games, video games, and even Magic (the Gathering). And they aren't landwhales. We've been hanging out almost every weekend for the last couple years playing games and sometimes swinging. They usually have 4 or 5 others over for their D&D campaign, but they all leave before the fun starts.

Unfortunately they're moving this year :(
>>
>>44203054
And now I have to fap AGAIN...
Are you happy anon? ARE YOU FUCKING HAPPY?
>>
>>44203182

Yes
>>
>>44170626
jesus christ
what's next? a nuclear missle launcher with a bayonet?
>>
>>44203369
>fallout 4
>>
>>44203369
It's not over until the fat man is whistling through the air.
>>
>>44203307
You've just set me back about 10 minutes. I was planning on watching kamen rider but now I got all tired and shit.
Hope you're proud.
>>
File: 1410640446260.jpg (80 KB, 780x705) Image search: [Google]
1410640446260.jpg
80 KB, 780x705
>>44187588

The proportions are a bit off - the fingers are a bit long, if I hold my hand next to the screen while looking at it - but nothing serious.

I'd suggest turning it it sideways, so the bra hangs off the thumb for support.

Pic is unrelated to text; about the closest I have to the actual topic.
>>
A couple of other odd characters that I honestly miss, I actually gamed with these guys, but never at the same time.

>This guy named Ricky.
>Lived in his van, when we first met him. He eventually became roommates with one of the people in the group
>Had all these crazy stories about living in his car, making money at flea markets, and living at campgrounds to avoid vagrantism.
>Always showed up on time and was unusually gentlemanly. Never had any cash to chip in for food, but instead somehow MADE food or shoplifted alcohol.
>Wrote very elaborate backstories for his characters, and was unusually eloquent for a guy that looked homeless
>He loved playing Druids, rangers, and naturally in-tuned monks. He was all about role playing characters that had a deep connection with nature
>He would cite lots of information regarding plants and herbs, trapping and hunting techniques
>He would draw unusually detailed representations of traps or mechanisms that he would want his character to make, in game
>We would always ask if he wanted to hang out (Or a place to stay, really), but he would always be leaving to go "hang out" with a different college girl each weekend

and
>This other guy named John
>A highschool student that one of our group met at Friday Night Magic (At the time we were all just out of hs)
>He started off never playing an RPG but thought it would be funny at first
>after a couple of games he got heavily in to it
>Every day he would send us emails asking when we were going to play again
>He played the same character every campaign
>A huge barbarian dude "that looked like he belonged on a heavy metal cover"
>One day it occurred to us, "Shouldn't you be at school?"
>He explained that he had a unique talent. He could make himself vomit on demand so that he could leave school whenever he wanted
>We didn't believe him, so we went in my friend's back yard during a smoke break so that he could prove it
John vomited all over EVERYTHING then looked up with a smile
>>
>>44195279
>>44195444
Summer autists discover /tg/ disdain for "that guys" since 2007.
>>
File: vancleefhat.jpg (28 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
vancleefhat.jpg
28 KB, 375x360
There is this one guy at my local game store, perfectly friendly guy. but no matter the time, season, or event. He wears a bolero hat.

We call him "bolero guy"
>>
File: i20qQH1.jpg (107 KB, 691x953) Image search: [Google]
i20qQH1.jpg
107 KB, 691x953
I've posted this before, but here goes.

>Go to college
>Have no friends
>Join local MTG group at FLGS because it's cheap and social
>Make a small group of friends
>One night, do an all-night gaming thing
>Head to McDonald's for a midnight snack
>There are a bunch of hot college girls hanging out in the restaurant
>One of my friends, a portly unwashed fellow who never talked much says "check this out, boys"
>He walks over to the girls table and looks them all in the eye
>They all look confused
>He slides into their booth
>They all look noticeably panicked
>"Ladies"
>He pulls a plastic wrapped (wrapped in cellophane, not in a case) Black Lotus from his jacket and places it in the center of the table.
>He links his hands behind his head and leans back with a satisfied look on his face
>The girls look nervous and look at him expectantly
>"Whoever wants to start blowing first can come with me"
>The girls scream and get the fuck out of there
>He acts as if that was the intended effect
>"They're just scared of my power" he says, and goes to order his nightly Big Mac.
>>
>>44206944
your friend is a hero
>>
There was a guy in my role-playing group who was obsessed with one of the girls that was dating another friend of mine. Every morning she'd receive a text message from him five minutes after waking up that just said "good morning, dear". She could never figure out how he knew she had woken up.

He would also cluck like a chicken when he found something funny. It wasn't how he laughed, he just did that because he thought other people would find it funny.

He also wore a ten gallon hat everywhere he went.

Apparently he's the son of some big business man in Calgary, so he doesn't have to work and basically spends all his time painting Warhammer 40K models and obsessing about that one girl I mentioned.

I'm pretty sure he'll be a spree killer one day.
>>
>>44187588
Now add a dick to it and /d/ will fap.
>>
>>44207221
You do that yourself.
>>
>>44207296
But I'm on phone!

And don't have shoopin skills anyway.
>>
>>44161259
I'M GLAD YOU ASKED THAT, ACTUALLY. NO! I MUST NOT HAVE EXPLAINED THAT PART WELL. YOU SEE, CHILDREN ARE BORN WITH LIZARD GENITALIA UNTIL THEIR 8TH BIRTHDAY, WHEREUPON THEY LOSE THEIR POWERS AND GENDER FLUX INTO THE THIRD FORM AND MUST CONSUMMATE WITH--
>>
>>44206944
>10,000$ card
now im wondering if that would actually work on someone who knew how much it was worth.
>>
>>44207541
That's not what I meant.
>>
>>44206537
Whatever happened to ricky? he sounds like a pretty neat guy.
>>
>Be me
>Be 17
>First experience with a proper RPG, game named Void
>Local RPG group run by this guy called Bill
>Run at this guys house
>Go there, he's a cool dude
>Some other people arrive
>All pretty nice, sorta people you expect
>Manwhale makes his way through the door
>Introduces himself, will be called C for purposes.
>A few different seats laid out around a table, we all take the shitty ones to be polite
>C takes the best armchair in the room, can barely fit on it
>Creating characters
>C is indecisive
>Bill names some of the traits we can take
>Names 'autism' as a negative trait
>"Actually bill, can I take autism as a positive trait?"
>Bill agrees
>Other guy says something like "What, like +10 to fanfiction writing?"
>"Actually, I HAVE AUTISM!" says C
>Entire room goes quiet
>We all awkwardly meet eyes as C is filling out his character sheet

1/?
>>
>>44208305

2/?

Second session

>New player
>19 year old french foreign exchange student, 8.5/10 but she's pretty modest and no one makes a deal out of it
>We spend 20 minutes at the start to help her make a character
>"Eh, Bill, what traits can I take?"
>C leans forward
>"Well, you may be able to take sexual magnetism, but I assure you you already have that!"
>Frenchie refuses to make eye contact or talk to C for the rest of the game.

A few sessions later

>C appears 30 minutes late
>On the forums where we organise this he was talking about how he may not make it
>Apparently he hasn't showered 'for quite a while' and is 'more than pungent'
>Few entire posts about how he forced himself to shower and extensive blogging about his bus trip to Bills house, must have been on his phone
>Gets here
>Sits in massive armchair again
>Armchair has single wooden strut like an office chair that allows it to swivel and lean back
>Throughout the entire thing he is leaning back on the chair, swinging on it.

2/3
>>
>>44208334
3/3

>It's getting really annoying at this point, so Bill makes the point that it's an old chair and it might snap
>"Oh, alright"
>5 minutes later he's doing it again
>Bill asks him again
>"Oh, sorry"
>5 minutes later he's doing it AGAIN
>Half way into the session C starts dozing off
>We have to wake him up to play
>After his turn his over he plain out falls asleep
>Ogre-like snoring, we have to speak inbetween his snores
>We just put up with it for the entire session
>At the end someone wakes C up
>"Oh, Anon, which bus are you getting back?"
>"I was getting a lift with my dad, I don't really live in town, sorry!"
>"Where do you live?"
>"Just out towards (next council area over)"
>"Oh, that's fine, I live in X on the way, can I get a lift? I'm very tired!"
>"Uhh, yeah sure"
>Gets into my dads car
>This Merc estate car lists to one side as this manwhale embarks
>Driving through town, my dad put the radio on quietly
>5 seconds after he puts it on
>"Could you PLEASE turn that off!"
>Dad politely turns it off
>Trip in silence
>Landwhale disembarks
>Convinced my dad I went to a LAN, wasn't too open with my RPG habits at the time.
>"Alright then anon, I'll speak to you on the forums! We'll beat those cultists again next time!"
>>
>>44208404
The group got a PM a few days later basically saying that C was barred from the game for making everyone feel uncomfortable and abusing Bills hospitality. I still go to those sessions 4 years later but I haven't seen C sign up for a single game, run by Bill or anyone else.
>>
File: murica.jpg (25 KB, 374x478) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
25 KB, 374x478
>>44208305
>>Other guy says something like "What, like +10 to fanfiction writing?"
>>
>>44161409
I play a game sorta like that, except the players start out as high school freshmen. And it's modern. And there are demons everywhere.
>>
File: that's awesome.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
that's awesome.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>44206944

ALPHA

AS

FUCK
>>
>>44206944
Jesus christ
I'm shocked, disgusted, and fucking impressed
>>
File: you're making me nervous.jpg (162 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
you're making me nervous.jpg
162 KB, 960x960
>>44206982
>She could never figure out how he knew she had woken up.
>He also wore a ten gallon hat everywhere he went
You know, I was already scared of this guy before you said the thing about being a spree killer. Where did that come from, incidentally? He doesn't sound very violent.
>>
>>44159769
There's this guy who only turns up to our Friday night Rifts game every so often. I've only seen him once, but while he was there, he tried to screw the GM into making his character more powerful than the rest of us, ate my entire bag of chips, and then made excuses and left. It was a weird, frightening, and altogether infuriating experience.

Fucking rad Rifts game though.
>>
File: nhcTK.jpg (125 KB, 1025x765) Image search: [Google]
nhcTK.jpg
125 KB, 1025x765
>>44195479
>"sorry dude, don't swing that way."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Burns, but I don't go in for those kind of backdoor shenanigans."
>>
File: my favorite faggot manchild.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
my favorite faggot manchild.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>44210117
Matt please.
>>
File: 1450058245453s[1].jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450058245453s[1].jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>44159769

MFW i look exactly like OP's pic, but with long hair and slightly shorter (but still unruly) beard.
>>
File: DavyCrockettBomb.jpg (268 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
DavyCrockettBomb.jpg
268 KB, 800x640
>>44203369
>what's next? a nuclear missle launcher with a bayonet?

Davy Crockett, m8!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_%28nuclear_device%29
>>
>>44164667
Considering the setting, I DON'T think that much thought was put into it.
>>
File: master shake at his computer.jpg (23 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
master shake at his computer.jpg
23 KB, 500x371
>>44195479

'kay

>Drive my lamborghini diablo to the gamestore
>Some lesbian comes up to me and says
>"I'm gay as spaghetti but you're so hot pls fuck me and make a woman out of me"

And then I fucked her and her sister and rode my ferrari to the horizon
>>
>>44210966
See, it's funny though, because what you said and what he said had nothing to do with each other in terms of believability because his story was completely plausible and told in a way that obviously wasn't self-congratulating at all.

Seriously:
>Drive my lamborghini diablo to the gamestore
vs.
>go to hobbytown because... I haven't left the house in like 3 days
>>
>>44210268
Some of the most banterous and characterful people in games I've played tend to look like full neckbeards like that. Hell, If you lose a few stone then I don't look that different, but with a short goatee and a ponytail.

But when you find a weird person that looks like that then they're definitely weird.
>>
>>44170624
i'm in a small room, double bed. fridge (turned ff as noisy), sink, couch, wardrobe. i live here and basically been in 23h+hours aday for 99% of the last 4 months. room in shared flat. i should suicide shouldn't I? NEARLY 40!
>>
File: 1422377170582.png (114 KB, 284x349) Image search: [Google]
1422377170582.png
114 KB, 284x349
>>44209152
>His Black Lotus was Alpha
>>
>>44207723
It's sort've bittersweet. Ricky got a job at a factory and got his own place.
Because of ridiculous hours, he couldn't join us for games any more.

The last time I saw him was briefly, about six or seven months ago.
>I see him standing in line at a store
>"Hey man! How's it going? Y'all still playin' D&D?"
>Yeah Ricky! You should join us this weekend!
>"Well... I get off at 4 in the morning on Friday and go in at 12 The next day. So... I'm kind of busy"
I don't want to speak poorly of his job, because it's honestly better than when he was out on the street in a van, but they apparently work him like a slave.
>>
>>44212420
Now I know what /pol/acks feel like whenever something race-related comes up.
>>
>>44212420
Man, he went from a modern-day Thoreau to a wage slave. That sucks.
>>
>>44182968

I walked into my FLGS once with my Fiance. This was her first visit. She likes playing D&D and other pen and paper games. She usually avoided most game stores due to the Neckbeards. I assured her this was a cool place and it really isn't bad.

Walk in and there was a nice heated argument with a few butter golems about how women were useless unless they show their tits.

Fiance looks at me and I kinda shrug with a half hearted smile and a sad laugh, and she goes out to wait in the car. Wont ever want to go in again.
>>
>>44212647
You should have checked in five minutes beforehand or something.

I wish my old FLGS was still around, because it was a very nice place. Most of the people there were past college-student age, including some older guys, and it had a pretty relaxed atmosphere most of the time.
>>
>>44212601
Yeah, it was kind of fucked up seeing him like that, actually. He was cool as fuck and had a steady supply of college poon. But then he got a taste of that paycheck and living in a house, and it just fucked him up. I'm beginning to think we should have left him alone.
>>
>>44161982
Doesn't this embody every muslim stereotype out there? Did she try to bed children too?
>>
>>44178840
quake 1
>>
File: hicks_oh_god_what.jpg (32 KB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
hicks_oh_god_what.jpg
32 KB, 480x288
>>44215062
This makes too much sense.
>>
>>44186212

If you can enjoy the porn but don't take part in any of the other "culture" bits, don't think as yourself as an "otherkin," don't dress in animal costumes, etc... Then that's just being an omni-fapper.
>>
>>44159769
Can someone swap the guy in OP's picture hair and beard? His head hair on his chin and his beard on his head?
>>
>>44216412
bumpin because this sounds kinda funny
>>
>>44162128
>Does it count if I'm fairly certain that this guy has masturbated to women in superhero clothes before?
Not at all. if you replaced women with children then you might have a case.
>>
>>44216230
Plus the furry community seems to attract all the best porn artists.
>>
>>44206903

When I was in middle school, there was this older guy, early 40s probably, that always came to the YuGiOh events. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. Then he stopped showing up. We later found out he was arrested for soliciting sex from a minor. He always wore a tan bolero.
>>
>>44182915
Because before it got infested with normal people it was actually a hobby for weird people who these days get mocked out of anything they try to join. Such is the nature of popularity.
>>
>>44208420
That was an amazingly uneventful story anon, you could have summed it up with one sentence and left the content intact
>"My gaming group had a fat guy who was diagnosed autistic, as an autist he didn't understand social niceties that well and it made people uncomfortable, for the GM kicked him out and I never saw him again."
>>
>>44219976
Oh come on, you know people like storytime more than that.
>>
>>44220624
If there's something actually of any interest in the story, not when it's three posts of green text which amounts to zero payoff and would be functionally the same.
>>
>>44220666
Come on satan, we got to see specific examples of his autism and how he made the cute french girl uncomfortable.
>>
>>44218743
That's because autist turbo-furfags pay really well.
>>
>>44220858
Was joking with friends a few days ago about how they'd all jump on the chance to make furry porn -- despite hating furries and everything furry-related -- because of how absurdly profitable it was.
>>
>>44184602
I feel I need to apologize for the grand scale of faggotry my people perpetrate. I swear we're not all that bad. Just those of us who have never been properly socialized.
>>
I met a guy who echoes the most retarded tumblr SJW claims, gets offended by almost any political discussion, and at the same time frequents 4chan and has some very non-feminist fetishes.

Also is a that guy, whose exploits include but are not limited to:
>Playing a 7 feet tall (or something like that) big titted brown girl Mary Sue with a sidekick boyfriend
>Desperately attempting to be the "main character"
>Not paying attention to combat/conversations when it's not his turn/he's not involved
>Minmaxing to hell and back on every character he plays as
>Regularly cancelling tabletop plans at the eleventh hour/simply not showing up and claiming nobody told him we were going to play
>>
>>44220946
I know I would.
>>
>>44210268
Same here. Same glasses and everything. I even buzzed down my previously long hair to that length just recently.
>>
>>44207676
CLOACA
>>
>>44224097
Same terrible/pitiful expression? That's what really sells that photo. You can just see the frustration and whininess balled up in him.
>>
File: 1427192879930.gif (65 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427192879930.gif
65 KB, 400x400
>>44159769
I have a similar one
>Be at my local board games store
>My friends always arrive 10-15 minutes late but I still get there on time because I'm autistic as fuck when it comes to timing.
>Checking games while I wait
>This small but normal-lookng dude approaches and starts looking at me intensely.
>Try t ignore him by looking harder at the games.
>"Are you going to play something?"
>"Well, yes, when my friends arrive we will play"
>"We could play together until they come"
>"I guess we could, yes..."
>Friends arrive
>"Oh well, there they are, guess it'll have to be another day"
>Guy follows us around the store while we pick a game, telling us what games he likes and dislikes
>We pick a game and he sits down at the table with us
>"Oh, not that one, I don't like it, we're playing a differrent one"
>"Uh... no, we like this one, if you want to play with us it'll have to be this one"
>Pouts a bit but plays along.
>Doesn't talk at all, looks annoyed and angry all the time, keeps arguing about the rules and getting more annoyed whenever something goes bad for him
>The game ends but me and my friends feel like giving it another go.
>"Well, I'm not playing this game, it's just bad."
>Gets up and leaves angrily.
>>
File: 1447484835062.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447484835062.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>44159769
>TFW you are the strange person everyone else meets
>>
>>44184602
I keep hearing these stories and being baffled. Admittedly, our group is weird, but I literally play with a guy who's making a partial fursuit (as-in, in the process of constructing over the next few weeks) and he's one of the best players in it; very chill, stays in character except when we all get silly (admittedly happens more often than it ought - shit like me asking why someone is groping the harpy when I told him to try to pin her nonlethally and he wasn't on purpose is common), and doesn't inject it into the game.
>>
File: 1436495543612.jpg (153 KB, 627x576) Image search: [Google]
1436495543612.jpg
153 KB, 627x576
>>44159769
I've got one that was me:

>Getting into tabletop wargames
>New to them completely
>First games I get to play
>Take too long to make decisions
>Can't reach all of the board comfortably
>Keep forgetting simple rules
>Accidentally cheat a few times
>Clumsy arms knock into everything
>Slow and fumbling at rolls
>During my turns opponent watches other games
>Can't speak clearly
>Make bad conversation
>The overweight neckbeard diagnosed autist with a lisp is more graceful...
>...both more physically and socially than I am

>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.jpg

It's like going to fucking prom. Never have I felt so god damn awkward
>>
File: 1447029968772.png (290 KB, 303x442) Image search: [Google]
1447029968772.png
290 KB, 303x442
>>44159769
People that use loli anime girl avatars on Skype from Gamefinder threads. They tend to be the ones that want to magical realm all the fucking time instead of being normal.

Also I guess the oddest person I ever met in, like, real life tabletop gaming was this skinny juggalo who got his ears pierced in such a way he could manipulate them to look like fucked up Elf ears. When I asked him why he did this, he said to me in a completely normal tone, "Because elves are badass, man."

He also likes to play the SAME FUCKING CHAOTIC EVIL ELF ROGUE in every game of DnD. I don't even hate elves but holy shit.
>>
File: why are elves popular.jpg (20 KB, 220x315) Image search: [Google]
why are elves popular.jpg
20 KB, 220x315
>>44224504
What if it was a girl?
>>
I once joined a roll 20 game and I was the weird guy
I had my mic on the whole session but thought it was off because I hate using voice chat because I hate my voice
I breathe heavily naturally, when female characters came up I'd mutter about wanting to cut my cock off because I'm a closet tranny and I hate myself
they were all really nice to me but I left on my own after realising the mic had been on why did i have to be born
>>
>>44224513
Then I'd still be absolutely disgusted.
>>
>>44224463
What kind of fursuit? I always found the more detailed ones that obviously had more work put into them were considerably more stable individuals.
>>
>>44224495
Nigga it's tabletop wargames, I guarantee you nobody gave a shit.
>>44224515
You should have given it some more time.
>>
>>44224533
I know and I regret that I didn't but I couldn't bear the idea of being there after muttering about my irl insecurities
>>
>>44224551

Why dontcha chill?
>>
>>44224574
trying man, one day at a time, one day at a time
>>
File: 1442719655683.jpg (48 KB, 588x271) Image search: [Google]
1442719655683.jpg
48 KB, 588x271
>>44224495
>skipped junior prom to get high for the first time with some friends and home alone for the weekend
>skipped senior prom to fuck my girlfriend with the same home alone for the weekend situation
>tfw prom nights were some of the best nights of my life
>>
>>44184602
>DM says. "I dare not draw this blade further, or it will need to taste blood"
And probably so you wouldn't see the made in pakistan stamp on it.
I had a guy like that who gamed with us from time to time.
Had a wife and daughter. All grossly overweight. Wife was a Wiccan aka fat house wife who needed something to make her feel special. And my fucking god they had Wiccan friends too.
They would sit around and try to 1up each other in the bullshit department. Her friend looked like Helga from The Oblongs. Helga had Gnomes and brownies in her house according to her. And they caused all sorts of mischief.
Wife had a Satyr spirit that possessed her husband and upped his sex drive from time to time.
Husband had fuck loads of swords and shit. He DID have a legit brown belt in Isshin Ryu. Was a good 300lbs at 6'2 but could do Vann Damm style doing the splits on 2 separated chairs splits. Could do other feats like that as well.
But he had a big ass sword that he claimed housed the spirit of his friend who died like 3 years prior. Dude legit died and was a part of their oddball gang.
Wifey had an old rapier. Claimed it was sentient.
But goddamn some of the shit that came out of their mouths astounded me. I used to sit around and listen to them just out of morbid curiosity.
Like they'd go on spiels about their religions history with odd ass traditions. Then at some point in time I'd manage to run across what they were talking about in some bullshit movie randomly.
>>
File: 1358588443795.png (362 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1358588443795.png
362 KB, 500x376
>>44195748
You were truly doing the Lords gamebreaking work anon. My hat goes off to you Dr. Stone.
Oh and it's assholes like you and I that are the reasons that GMs hate it when players roll mages.
>>
>>44224611
thats great anon, I wish my life was as good
>>
>>44219976
I coulda bullshitted a story about how this autistic guy insisted his sonic fanfic character was a member of the party, and how he almost raped the french girl, and how instead of getting a lift home he sped into an alleyway covering himself with a cloak over his sweaty back.
>>
>>44220666
I enjoyed it :(
It's about the journey not the destination. I agree he could have at least lied to us about the ending though.
>>
>>44170624
That man is living the /tg/ dream. I want to, no I need to meet this man, he could give me the answers I've always longed for.
>>
>>44213265
Except for the having her tits exposed part, she was pretty much a parody of a Muslim. Nobody in our group cared, but it is odd that she expected political correctness about women and lgbt people, while not being politically correct about Muslims herself. She didn't try to bed children. The only person she tried to hook up with was the party paladin who followed another God. He had the insignia of his God on his armor and shield and fought with the symbolic weapon of his God. She ignored all this and continually tried to convert him while also flirting with him because she thought his title and wealth would help her spread her faith in the north lands. He put up with all this with the stolidity of a devoted paladin.
>>
>>44224515
That's fucking amazing. Never before have I laughed like this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.