[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: total-war-warhammer.jpg (56 KB, 695x390) Image search: [Google]
total-war-warhammer.jpg
56 KB, 695x390
How is /tg/ feeling about total war warhammer? I'm pretty cautiously exited right now, though I haven't played any other total war games, it's looking really fun. What do you guys expect out of the vampire counts, since they rarely get a spotlight like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK0BMkKmwB4
>>
If the get added they'll be added as a dlc race just like chaos warriors and probably everyone else that isnt empire, orcs, and dwarves
>>
>>44155414
I plan on playing a lot, will probably pre-order then get a refund if it turns out terrible

Vamp Counts are gonna be the most magically focused faction until daemons show up and it will be interesting how they implement the effects of fighting undead both in terms of fear effects and the fact that undead will never rout.

Seriously I feel like undead will be the grindy faction. Assault a city lose 80% of your army destroying the walls and retreat then come back in 2 turns with an even bigger army and no loss of morale.
>>
>>44155669
Vamps are in the core game and have always been since the focus of the game was supposed to be the empire and local threats. Chaos wasn't even supposed to be playable until the third game.
>>
>>44155669
Vampire counts have been confirmed as a base game faction, though.

>>44155673
That's the idea I like about playing undead, being able to raise massive groups of undead and just crash them into an enemy until they break.
>>
>>44155414
pretty excited myself too, not as much for the gameplay as for the visual experience

like when they happen to release my favourite faction I may probably spend a lot of time making gifs and short videos for the sake of my neckbearded boner
>>
>>44156276
Carnac will have a field day.
>>
>>44156276
>favourite faction

Being TK fan is suffering, we will be the last I guarantee it.
>>
File: 1435666412027 (1).gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1435666412027 (1).gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>44156375
>TK
>implemented
>ever
>>
>>44156290
>loosely based on storm of chaos
I'm not sure he will.
>>
The detail in the campaign map won me over, no lie. It's as if the Old World was a living, real place. Nostalgia'd pretty hard.
>>
>>44156375
>lizardmen
I feel you

but think of the awesomeness of our pack!
>>
>>44156290
I'm just imagining the opportunity of killing archaon with terradons' rocks
>>
I've been wanting this for a while, but the campaign map trailer clinched it for me. The DLC policy is annoying, but if it means we get all the armies in eventually, I can put up with it.
>>
>>44156375
>>44156532
Brighten up

At least we aren't fans of the factionless nations like Araby and Nippon
>>
>>44156532
Lustria is going to be the third game/second expansion pack.
>>
>>44156591
or worse: the actually doable but borderlinely supported chaos dwarfs
>>
File: I_Rule.jpg (338 KB, 1000x1283) Image search: [Google]
I_Rule.jpg
338 KB, 1000x1283
>>44156532
I feel you scalefriend, truly the burden of great taste is a heavy one to bare, I think TKs might just be campaign DLC maybe ala Kingdoms if we're lucky. The Lizards may be in the second one if it's wholly New World focused but if it just looks at the north...
>>
>>44156602
New world is third? What the fuck
>>
>>44156646
I'm still betting on a southlands expansion for both

lustria is too far away
>>
>>44155414
Sad because they will put a shit ton of DLCs.
>>
>>44156602
If that's true, I can only imagine how huge they want this game to be.
>Old World
>Lustria
>Ulthuan/Naggaroth
>Chaos Wastes
>>
>>44156674
I don''t get this argument really, it's not just random BUY THE PIKEMEN DLC

It's a series of planned expansion packs which will all be their own base game, which can be combined with the base game itself if the player owns them.
>>
>>44156694
I doubt that will be the extent of DLC. There will be lots of smaller dlc packs as well.
>>
File: 1296955806495.jpg (462 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1296955806495.jpg
462 KB, 1280x1024
>>44156689
Their plan is for it to become the entire Warhammer World as a single campaign map.

Every faction is planned for, eventually. They've already said once it's all done it will be the largest game they've ever produced.
>>
>>44156722
But I'm saying what they've actually said, which has no mention of any smaller DLC packs like various fearmongers constantly discuss.
>>
>>44156694
I think he's more whining about the total price rather than the fact they actually add shit

which is understandable, really, this game will be huge when considering all the various packs and DLCs
>>
>>44156756
I'd be more excited for that if everything west of the Mountains of Mourn wasn't just a huge blank slate.
>>
>>44156799
>west
East, rather. Directions are hard.
>>
Every faction is planned for two characters each to start with. My guess is other characters will be added as DLC eventually. Character packs DLC.

So far Empire has Karl Franz and Balthasar Gelt. First character DLC pack will probably be Volkmar the Grim and one of the generals like Kurt Helborg.
>>
>>44155414
>though I haven't played any other total war games
Get to it.
>>
>>44156756
I sincerely hope that Nehekhara and to a lesser extent Sylvania are gonna have permanent debuffs on terrain for any living factions

Also a reminder to people talking about dlc. They've already stated a lot of the stuff will be free (I'm not betting on it but hopefully the only stuff that will be charged will be stuff that needs new skeletons or heavy graphical work)
>>
>>44156756
It's going to be hard to do that, especially since some parts of the world have never been expanded on. I mean, was nippon ever given any light at all?
>>
>>44156843
CA might have free reign to do that if they want. They've got the background in historical wargames to pull it off imo.

Wouldn't bet on it though.
>>
>>44156799
it's not like you will find much from both a natural and cultural pov in a volcanic wasteland with barely any river in the middle of 2 large mountains lines.

there be dragons' deathbed and chaos dwarfs fortresses though.
>>
>>44156840
Well in one of the demos they showed that as the Vampires expand, the land they claim will become wilted and dreary looking. I'm sure that will bring effects on invaders with it. To be honest, Counts are surely going to need a lot of help, starting with such a small amount of land, next to big nations.
>>
>>44156840
The map trailer showed that areas under Vampire control will have the terrain affected. No word on if that's cosmetic or not.
>>
>>44156905
Vampires/Undead have the benefit of being able to raise fresh troops midbattle. That's probably the trade off for the smallest starting area.
>>
>>44156840
in the latest video there was a necromancer influencing the map around him, maybe an effect like that where the undead armies stand?
>>
>>44156905
Since they are magic focused being undead and all I hope your armies can just recruit from anywhere as long as you have necromancers and recoup losses after a victorious battle

>>44156951
>>44156942
>>44156905
I know about the corrupted zones for chaos and undead but I'm more hoping the effect is permanent in their central domains to make defensive battles and retaking territory easier
>>
>>44157008
Greenskins can recruit from anywhere so something similar for Undead makes sense.
>>
>>44156889
Go further and you hit Cathay and Ind lands though, two nations we know nothing about.
>>
>>44156756
YESSSSSSSSSS, please be true
>>
>>44157041
We know this
>Cathay, also known as the Grand Empire of Cathay, Imperial Cathay, the Kingdom of the Dragon, or as the Empire of the Celestial Dragon, is an enormous empire, the largest nation in the world, located in the far east beyond the Mountains of Mourn.
>Cathay is a land of many different peoples and cultures, all bound together by the rule of the Dragon Emperor.
>Cathay borders the Chaos Wastes to the north and suffers from the constant and brutal raids of the Chaos Northmen tribes. To protect the land, the Great Bastion was built along the entire northern border of Cathay. This is a massive wall hundreds of miles in length, its great expanse requiring a garrison of tens of thousands.
>The armies of Cathay are said to be innumerable. Its warriors are exotic, drawn from throughout the diverse lands of the empire, and include fierce hill people, strange warrior monks, and well-disciplined armies supported by heavily-armoured warriors and ornate cannons.
>The Old World has no direct contact with the far-off empire, and it remains an unknown land subject to speculation. What is beyond doubt though is that the greatest power in the East is the empire of Cathay.
>Adventurous merchants from the Old World occasionally travel the Silk Road to reach Cathay. This is a very perilous journey due to the hordes of Hobgobla-Khan who roam the steppes along the Ivory Road west of Cathay.
>The rulers of the Ogre Kingdoms, located in the Mountains of Mourn, extract a suitable tribute from the passing caravans. Some Ogres go to Cathay to sell their services as mercenaries.
>An easier and quicker way is the spice route through the Sea, around the Southlands.
>Strange creatures abound, from serpentine dragons and tribes of monkey warriors living in the Mountains of Heaven to gigantic stone dogs who guard the holy temples of the empire.
>Cathay is at constant war with the armies of the Grand Khanate of the Hobgoblins.
>>
>>44157084
It is, 3 standalone games that can integrate into bigger maps and all the important factions have already been confirmed

By important, brets are included
>>
>>44157041
They're Warhammer'd up versions of China and India. Based on >>44157202 Cathay seems to be a combination of every notable period of ancient China with a heavy dose of mythology thrown in. Ind would probably be fairly similar, probably with some more liberties taken since pre-modern Indian culture is less widely known.
>>
I just don't understand why they have DLC factions for the first third of the total experience. I mean fuck yo. We already have to buy two more full price full games. It's just Neptune is fucking us over.
>>
im more nervous about the game mechanics. Rome 2 REALLY screwed up a lot of things.
>the politics/family tree was either a mess or non existent.
>units couldnt move independently, they needed a general to go anywhere
>no seasons
>2 year turns made agents die quickly
>no need for navies because armies became navies when they went into water
do away with all of that and we have a decent total war game again
>>
>>44157533
>>the politics/family tree was either a mess or non existent.
Fixed for Attila
>>units couldnt move independently, they needed a general to go anywhere
This is a style change, i prefer it- you don't get AI moving 1 stacks everywhere
>>no seasons
Timeframe is too long, back in Attila
>>2 year turns made agents die quickly
Agreed- mod fixed this day 1
>>no need for navies because armies became navies when they went into water
Erm, Navies wreck armies- you can build a Navy as any Med nation and wreck armies before they land, its a great strat.
>>
>>44157533
Will there even be navies before they get into the Lustria/Ulthuan/ect. expansions? There really isn't much room for ships in the Old World.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151214_0001.png (2 MB, 748x1227) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151214_0001.png
2 MB, 748x1227
>>44157423
>Ind would probably be fairly similar, probably with some more liberties taken since pre-modern Indian culture is less widely known
Ind has a canon population of snake influenced beastmen

The pic is shit bit it's the only pdf around
>>
>>44156756
Will they include the Southlands and the Lands of the Dead?
There's supposed to be a single colony of Lizardmen in the Southlands if I recall.
>>
>>44156756
I want Chaos Dwarves to show up.
Not just as a Chaos unit, but at LEAST as a minor faction...they actually had cool fluff, even if they had stupid, STUPID hats.
>>
>>44157533
Well
Warhammer is likely to not feature family trees considering the many practically immortal/bestial/too important guys
In the videos we haven't seen units moving on the map, only hero accompanied by units
For now we have little navy informations
>>
>>44158122
Probably, yeah. Southlands/Lustria will be released at the same time with both Tomb Kings and Lizardmen as factions.
>>
File: Lizard Ice Cream.gif (727 KB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
Lizard Ice Cream.gif
727 KB, 400x220
>>44157716

According to the friday twitch stream, naval combat will be in the second game. Probably means High Elves at least as well.

I just want to play as tomb kings and lizardmen.
>>
>>44156375
>Being TK fan is suffering, we will be the last I guarantee it.

If I had to guess, I'd say Tomb Kings will get an expansion at the same time as Bretonnia. There's just something about the aesthetic of knights crusading in the deserts against legions of undead warriors that makes me think it'll happen sooner than you realise.
>>
>>44157008
Honestly it's easy to do Undead-blighted lands; just make places scoured by the Vampire Counts cause Attrition on enemy units passing through.
>>
>>44158218
>Shas turns out to be a man of impeccable taste

Sometimes nice things happen I guess.
>>
>>44158177
Neato.
Hopefully this game is as expansive as I hope once it's all done.
>>
>>44158176

I'd like to see family trees used, but with a different taste for every race.

Humans would follow the norm. Dwarfs and Elves family trees would grow much, much slower. Chaos would just be lines of succession. Vampire Counts would be who sired who.
>>
>>44158218
There was a twitch stream? What was it about, and is it recorded anywhere?
>>
>>44158318
Technically that actually happened once; Bretonnia had a huge war with Araby after it got taken over by the Undead back in the past of the Old World, reminiscent of El Cid liberating Iberia from the Caliphate and forming modern Spain.
>>
>>44158218

Holy shit look at that

He fucking loves ice cream

Man, what a world
>>
I am so fucking pumped. My life has no meaning until it is released.
>>
>>44158415

It was on friday, where they confirmed 40v40 battles and other things.
>>
File: 10155836.jpg (49 KB, 960x637) Image search: [Google]
10155836.jpg
49 KB, 960x637
>>44159681
>40v40 battles
>>
File: the fire rises.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
the fire rises.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
>>44159738
>clearing the sky with gyrocopters
>bombing enemy artillery with them afterward
>they then fly into the sunset
>>
>>44158218
>naval combat
Helves, delves, brets, maybe? They're the three most prominent navies in the setting.
>>
>>44160924
You forgot Muddafucking Luthor Harkon, Vampire Pirate Extrordinaire

I hope Boarding actually works so Sea battles can be awesome
>>
>>44155414
it's WHFB, which means it will be borring and fail, didn't buy untill Age of Sigmar addon will be released.
>>
>>44158417

Wasn't it Chaos that took over Araby?
>>
>>44155414

I'm pretty hyped.

I've played the Warhammer mod for Crusader Kings, so TW:Warhammer will have some competition for my affections, but everything I've seen looks like it's going to be amazing.
>>
>>44162328

Tomb Kings took over a big chunk of Araby. Now they live in peace with the locals, I believe.
>>
>>44160873

All I'm seeing is the G.I. Joe opening credits replaced with Dwarfs on Gyrocopters.
>>
>>44155669
>le shitpost

Vampire Counts have been in day 1. Chaos weren't suppose to be either, but the pressure for it caused them to make it DLC.

Which is fine. Most fans were going to get it anyway, regardless of it's quality, like I did with Mark of Chaos. If you don't want to and want to wait, then you can add the DLC if you want. Or not.

They'll probably do the 3 games in one package at a later date any way.

>>44156395
All factions will be added. There is no reason TK won't be added, especially since they'll just change the models of the Vampire Count skeletons for Tomb Guard and Skeleton Warriors/Archers/Horses.

>>44156560
Glorious. I've purposely given up on AoS. Mods won't ban him and he's ruined AoS General beyond redemption, so it's pretty much ended my interest in talking about it, /tg/ was the last place to talk about it with 10% of the posts being useful instead of none of them.

>>44156652
What's wrong with that?

>>44156756
Got source on that claim? I assumed it'd stop at the Ogre Kingdoms border with Cathay. Cathay, Ind, Khuresh, Nippon and everything else there has never been covered in any great detail by GW, so why would it be added? CA won't do that I don't think, especially when it would mean lots of new unit models and stuff.

My guess is, it'll be Old World, Naggaroth, Lustria and it won't enter Southlands.
>>
File: free you.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
free you.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>44162191
>>
>>44161242
Actually, iirc, they have to stick to automatically resolved battles here

If I had to guess why, because that would step on the foot of that other naval battle game about warhammer: Man'o war corsair
>>
>>44164771
>Actually, iirc, they have to stick to automatically resolved battles here

I'd say it's because ALL their naval battles are always automatically resolved.
>>
File: 1428076203302.png (1 MB, 1010x1409) Image search: [Google]
1428076203302.png
1 MB, 1010x1409
>>44156646
>Nehekhara is right south of the Badlands and could be easily included in an Old World expansion (making Brets and Wood Elves playable as well) or in a general Southlands expansion
>The Not!Americas could be included to add in continents across the ocean as well as Lizardmen and Dark Elves
>Ogres might end up only being included as mercs

I just want to play as a bunch of big, hungry not!mongols is all.
>>
>not wanting to play as a discreet faction of hardcore elven rangers and tree spirits
>>
>>44164829
Apart from literally every single Total War game since Medieval II, yeah.
>>
>>44167064
who are you going to play as first, best ally?
>>
File: heavy hold up.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
heavy hold up.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
>>44167114
>someone says that all naval battles in Total War are auto-resolved
>point out that hasn't been the case for a very long time
>'ur a Jew'
>>
>>44167164
That's not me bro I just got here, I'm >>44167044

so obviously I'm waiting for a Welves DLC but I'm probably going with the greenies first to get my arachnarok spider out
>>
Is the map going to be continous or will they be doing it like empire total war?
Cos i dont think my laptop can handle that.
>>
>>44167192
If you're referring to the final map with all three games installed, we simply don't know. On its own the first game is continuous though.
>>
File: Archaon Trilogy.png (3 MB, 1730x812) Image search: [Google]
Archaon Trilogy.png
3 MB, 1730x812
>>44156290
>Living the dream of leading the Great Chaos Invasion and destroying that pathetic world as was prophesied by the Shadowlord

All will know the power of ANIMMMME~

Still it's bullshit that they made an iconic and the most important faction, after the empire, in the freaking setting a DLC. I will forgive them if they presented Chaos well in the game.

>>44162912
Good riddance.

/Aos/ is better off without you. You shat up the place with your creepiness and whining...argh.
>>
>>44155414
When it was first announced, I was excited. These are two of my favourite franchises coming together to forge something with glorious potential.

But after GW's treatment of WHF in the whole Age of Sigmar debacle, and CA's history of disappointment, ineptitude and dubious business practices, I resolved to wait and see.

Looking back on it, I see a part of me was just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

As it happens, I feel that was the right call. Before the factions of the base game were displayed in detail, we were subjected to the announcement of a fifth faction - Chaos.

In what world, I thought to myself, is Chaos an "Afterthought" faction in a game based around the Storm of Chaos timeline?

Do they seriously expect us to believe that Chaos - as a faction - being complete enough to showcase in an in-game cinematic before any other major faction - was not always intended to be part of the base game?

What kind of mentally incompetent, mouthbreathing neanderthals do these corporates really take us for?

I'm not buying this game until it's on significant sale. I would've put up with any DLC scheme other than Day One exploitation, but I can't stand for this. No way. No how. I just can't.

It probably doesn't mean much to a monolithic corporation like this, but I have the take a stand somewhere. This is my line in the sand.

That's how I feel about Total War: Warhammer.
>>
>>44167217
>Still it's bullshit that they made an iconic and the most important faction, after the empire, in the freaking setting a DLC. I will forgive them if they presented Chaos well in the game.
>Chaos
>important
I think you mean main Mary Sue Archaon is importnat/
>>
>>44167217

They made Chaos Warriors DLC. Full blown Chaos faction, with demons and shit, will probably be in an expansion.
>>
>>44167217

I'd actually argue that Warriors of Chaos are more iconic than the Empire, Chaos Warriors at least are. Whenever I've seen people post pictures of Fantasy outside of /tg/ it was usually of a Chaos Warrior.
>>
File: Kali_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg (86 KB, 394x549) Image search: [Google]
Kali_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg
86 KB, 394x549
>>44157202
I believe it's also mentioned that they have clockwork terracotta soldiers.

I'd be more excited for Ind if they ever added it. I can't imagine what the Warhammer version of Durga/Kali would look like.
>>
>>44164931
>Ogres

Agreed, the big guys don't get the love they deserve. Definitely my second favourite WH faction.
>>
>>44167304
>Do they seriously expect us to believe that Chaos - as a faction - being complete enough to showcase in an in-game cinematic before any other major faction
Dwarves and Empire both had in-game cinematics before Chaos.
>>
>>44167391
The artist must be really into sameface because I swear I am seeing Space Wolves faces in there from their 5th ED codex.
>>
>>44161242
but vamps are already in

I did forget to mention settra's navy, though.
>>
File: 1449942576964.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449942576964.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>44167430
Impossible, that's the "good" fantasy art! Not the garbage we have now.

Bait aside, yeah that one guy had a bad habit of making all his male faces big mushes of scars and ridges.
>>
I find that the business choices behind the warriors of chaos preorder business to be rather greedy, plus there is always that warhammer medieval 2 mod.
I'm cautiously looking forward to vampire counts though.
>>
>>44167453
>Red eyed skull representing his triumph over Khorne
>Avian skull representing his victory over Tzeentch
>Three green eyed skull representing his supremacy over Nurgle

Where is the Slaaneshi skull?
>>
>>44167498

The skull hugging his crotch?
>>
>>44167498

>Slaanesh
>Age of Sigmar

Good one.
>>
>>44167304
>in a game based around the Storm of Chaos timeline?
This is not based around storm of chaos timeline though
>>
>>44167671
>Grimgor
>Archaon

These two being active implies End Times shenanigans unless the game goes an alternative route.
>>
>>44155414
I really wish I could support this game, I really do. But I can't.
>>
>>44167697
>azhag
This one being active negate any end times shenanigans alone.
>>
>>44167705
Unless Azhag is a part of historical scenario. TW games tend to have those.

Also the game will have separate campaigns with cinematics, right?
>>
>>44167697
>>44167705
I'm pretty sure they have a similar approach to the whole thing like the army books.
They give you the characters and then you can do whatever the hell you want with it.
Would only be relevant if the only characters in the game are the ones that are gonna play a role in the singleplayer component. Which I doubt considering they said they'll do ALL races.

Thing is, as long as Total Warhammer makes money they'll probably produce new content.

And considering there is a huge amount of angry grogs that are looking for something to kill some time with and relive the glory days I think they'll have a pretty decent dedicated playerbase on launch.
Maybe there'll be an End Times DLC with all the crazy hats that have been introduced there.
>>
>>44167467

At the end of the day, if they fuck up the release too hard, people will just end up pirating it.

Which, painfully enough, will lead to them not releasing or working on further DLC.

Bitter cycle.
>>
>>44157202

An outpost of Cathay is mentioned in Tamurkhan, some of it's defenses are:

>Magic fireworks
>Cannons which spit clusters of bronze javelins
>Barbed crossbow bolts
>Dragon-blooded Shugengan who wield fire and ice
>Long blades of thousand-folded iron
>A comet
>Strange creatures of living stone that swim down walls and up through the ground as if it was water
>Flying living statues of onyx that are neither raven nor man in shape
>Curved polearms
>>
>>44167718
Azhag is a playable legendary lord just like grimgor and Karl Franz
>>
>>44167498

Slaanesh was missing and didn't send a champion to try and bully Archaon into serving him.
>>
>>44167780
Fucking weaboo

Do we even know something about Nippon instead? Or are they linked to the Cathay empire?
>>
>>44167697
In the live stream they said something about it being set right when Karl Franz became emperor
>>
>>44167823

They have ninjas and a strange tolerance for the Skaven.
>>
File: floof.png (65 KB, 421x142) Image search: [Google]
floof.png
65 KB, 421x142
>>44158177
>tfw they won't do Araby with the Southlands
I really do wonder if they'll tackle Ind, Cathay, Araby, Tilea and all those other vaguely touched on human empires.

Seems like something the TW guys would be all over.
>>
>>44167995
"Lizards Daemons"

The Cathayans knew! The knew all along
>>
>>44168005
all the way back in '97, too. How could we miss the signs.
>>
This could be a good oppurtunity to expand on the warhammer world, if CA are allowed, and if they have good writers.
>>
I hope there's the option to play as different subfactions. Empire is said to be Reikland to start with and then you unite the empire under Karl's banner, but it'd be cool if you could play middenheim and convert the empire to Ulric.
>>
>>44168216
What would be the point?

The Warhammer World is dead.
>>
File: Chaos_Dorf_by_Ragathol.jpg (165 KB, 375x1050) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Dorf_by_Ragathol.jpg
165 KB, 375x1050
>>44156756
>The entire Warhammer World with all the factions from tabletop
I don't believe it, too good to be true. Even if they did pull it off they'd have to ruin it somehow by selling it with game-breaking bugs and shit optimisation. I can't believe that CA will actually make something so wonderful.

>>44158171
>even if they had stupid, STUPID hats.
You shut your slave mouth.
>>
File: aBaddOne1.png (577 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
aBaddOne1.png
577 KB, 800x1160
>>44168538
If it was dead, would CA be making a game on it?
Checkmate.
>>
>>44167780
curved. polearms.
>>
>>44168728
That's a point. Wonder what memes this might spawn. It's kind of traditional for GW games.
>>
>>44168538
Ehhhh, it doesn't really exist- that's like saying 30K is in the past of 40K so why expand on it. Expanding the warhammer world would be expanding the history of AoS.
>>
>>44168892
does it count as a (continuous) history if the world was made again?
>>
>>44168538
Not really, it is already a different timeline than the one of the end times considering the contemporary presence of certain characters
The destruction of the world is not canon here
>>
>>44167995
They don't really have a reason to expand on them save for an incredible success of the game and the desire to create more after everything they could made is done.
It's very unlikely, I say, over than being a really long way to reach that point.

Their focus here and for the foreseeable future is to represent the things that already are known for the old world, not to create more, which may even upset potential buyers I can see.
>>
File: getting real tired of this.png (392 KB, 768x494) Image search: [Google]
getting real tired of this.png
392 KB, 768x494
>>44168005
>>44167995

Curse you chinks!
>>
>>44168892
>history of AoS.
How can AoS have "history" if it doesn't even have calendars and a date system?
>>
>>44167995
Tilea actually has been decently explored in fluff, certainly more then Araby has overall.
It's basically just Italy and has feuding city-states with lots of mercenaries fighting between them and lots of art and architecture junk in the cities themselves. They also worship that one solar goddess who's name I forget of war, strategy, and knowledge who is sort of Athena-like in her outlook and faith.

Also like Bretonnia they are fully aware of and believe in Skaven, probably because they live geographically right next door to the the Skaven homeland.

...actually come to think of it, it's almost everyone BUT the Empire who believes in the Skaven.

>Tilean Mercenary: "Yeah, and aside from Beastmen and Orcs and Chaos don't forget the goddamned Ratmen!"
>Reikslander: "Pfft, no such thing Tilean! They don't exist."
>Tilean: "Uh...yeah they do. Like, we fight them all the time back home."
>Reikslander: "You sound like a bloody peasant with your superstitions."
>Tilea: "There was a big fight with them recently and everything. Like...everyone else knows this. Seriously."
>Reikslander: "You sound like a bloody Bretonnian."
>>
>>44159681
>40v40 battles

Link? Or video? Or something for people who don't watch things at the right time?
>>
>>44169282
Aren't 40 v 40 battles already in the series? I know in Attila you can have two full stacks and still get reinforcements, there hasn't seemed to be a limit as yet (not certain, but I think I've had a stack of over 10 units reinforcing a full stack for example, and the enemy army was pretty big (with reinforcements) as well).
>>
>>44167371
she would be a good version of khorne with angry mom voiceovers

now I want playable ind.
>>
>>44155414
The following is a 100% accurate prediction of expansion release order. Any other expansion release order is erroneous. Expansions will be done Dawn of War style as semi-separate game releases.

>Elf-Fight campaign with Dark and High Elf factions plus War of the Beard based on the regular map

>New World: Lizardmen vs Skaven plus Imperial Explorers plus Skaven added to the regular map

>End Times: Daemons, new units, overhauled campaign featuring Incarnate characters

>Wood Elves, Bretonnians and Tomb Kings will be DLC factions.
>>
>>44169463
>End Times
>featuring Incarnate characters
A shit

You also forgot chaos dorfs and ogres
>>
>>44169262
>who's name I forget
Why don't you praise Myrmidia? Are you perhaps a naughty fella?
>>
>>44169463
>Not including Ogres
>Thinking this game will be good
>Skrag is best waifu
>>
>>44168728
Didn't the Japanese have a curved 'polearm'? The Nagimata or something.
>>
>>44156756
hahaha shit never knew warhammer map was such an unimaginitive copy of the Earth
>>
>>44169463
>War of the Beard
>game starts fro beginning of ET
>War of Beard
>>
>>44170169
>unimaginative

It's always been Earth if you go back to dino times and dump in gods magic and elves
>>
>>44170169
i'd say it's a strength to the setting so people can identify with the factions better
>>
File: Romebox.jpg (21 KB, 246x352) Image search: [Google]
Romebox.jpg
21 KB, 246x352
>>44170190
>Alexander The Great
>Game starts during Punic Wars
>Alexander Great
>>
File: Depression6.jpg (15 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Depression6.jpg
15 KB, 600x400
>>44155414
>How is /tg/ feeling about total war warhammer?
My brother refuse to see the writings on the walls.
>>
>>44169463

I'll wait for the enhanced edition
>>
>>44170169
how could you not notice that warhammer is a patchwork of tropes and history glued with grimdark and parody and still manage to have the cognitive functions to post on a cathayan foreign djinns erotica arcane trade route?
>>
>>44170295
>I'll wait for the enhanced edition torrent
>>
DLC for the core game will be Bretonnia, Wood elves and beastmen

first exp will be lizards, vampires, dark and high elves

second exp will be Tomb kings, orcs, chaos dwarfs and ogres

Don't forget you can play the exp without the core game, so 4 faction each
>>
>>44170338

You know me
>>
>>44170354
vampires and orcs are already in the main game though
>>
>>44170169
>It's not imaginative unless it services my geography boner

OK.
>>
>>44170257
>>Alexander The Great
Wut?
>>
>>44170505
He's pointing out that the Total War games often have DLC based on events much later or earlier then the time period the base game may take place in. What else could he have possibly meant with a pic of Rome Total War and talk of Alexander?
>>
>>44155414
>manticores, gorebeasts, and sun dragons DLC only
>and still nothing for vampires yet

not enthusiastic
>>
File: Doomrider_Monochrome.jpg (10 KB, 216x291) Image search: [Google]
Doomrider_Monochrome.jpg
10 KB, 216x291
>>44167217
>tfw Archaon's horns grow bigger on the cover art
>>
>>44172401
>sun dragons
Don't make stuff up, you. There's been nothing about high elves yet, and it just diminishes your (otherwise very valid) point.

Personally I find it hard to get too upset about not seeing vamps yet, we've still got four months for them to leak and tease stuff.
>>
>>44155414
I went to EGX in Birmingham and was able to play the Dwarfs v Orcs mission, it was good fun, very lore friendly.
>>
File: master-splinter.jpg (194 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
master-splinter.jpg
194 KB, 660x330
>>44167857
Gotta fit TMNT into their setting somehow.
>>
>>44156756
>Still hope for Beastmen

Yes. YES!
>>
>>44167780
FOLDED MILLION TIMES
>>
>>44174505
m8 Beastmen and all the other 8th edition factions are already confirmed. The only question is when they are being added since they are gonna be making these games for the next 4 or 5 years.
>>
Who here plans on settling grudges and striking the earth when the game comes out?
>>
File: bigger stronger edgier blander.jpg (159 KB, 628x796) Image search: [Google]
bigger stronger edgier blander.jpg
159 KB, 628x796
>>44172480
>they won't stop
>>
>>44169463
>>44170190

CA is not following End Times plot at all. There will never be anything End Times related.

They are going with Storm of Chaos.
>>
File: whatthefuckisgoingon.png (2 MB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckisgoingon.png
2 MB, 1280x768
>>44175529
>They are going with Storm of Chaos.
I keep seeing you guys say this but so far no source has been given

why should this be following storm of chaos when it may as well be an entirely new plot, considering the characters, or no plot at all, with just the world to conquer and he other factions to vanquish?
>>
>>44155414
it looks interesting but i dont actually like strategy games so y'know its kind of hard to say about the quality
>>
>>44175695
>Orcs vs. Beastmen
>Greenies only win by cheating

Gor stronk
>>
>>44175695
It looks like the artist was like half done when GW said the pic was good enough and slapped it in.
>>
VC announcement when
can't wait to be a 500 years old little girl
>>
File: making love to morathi.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
making love to morathi.png
2 MB, 1366x768
moderately hyped
>>
>>44177114
That mod was really fun, have there been more updates to it?
Last time i played i was clearing out the orks, vampires and wood elves from brettonia
>>
File: Black Guard.png (2 MB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
Black Guard.png
2 MB, 1364x768
>>44177114
>>44177162
geheimnisnacht is a God-tier mod, shame it slows my laptop down to a crawl

thankfully Warsword Conquest works fine
played as a Dark Elf and rose through the ranks from peasant to Black Guard
it was pretty fun
>>
>>44177387
I also have that mod.
Its a shame about the lack of content though.
If paradox were legally allowed to make a warhammer game, either M&B or CK2 based, it would be fucking great.
>>
>>44177455
With GW's candy approach to how they treat the IP now they could probably get it to, might not be worth all the hassle though.
>>
>>44176152
we are probably looking at different pictures then, because the reality warping big hole of fuck you is of chaos origins.
none even wins there in the end.

>>44176176
less than half, it's all basic outlines and photoshopped effects to fill everything
>>
>>44156756
But anon, would the Sigmarines show up? What about the Dogs of War & Gods of Law?
>>
>>44155414
You guys should totally play Total War: Attila. A fractured empire gets its ass handed to it by internal strife, barbarian invaders, and an un-conquering, all-destroying force from the east that pisses on the empire's religion and that everyone thinks heralds the end of the world. And it's already out. And here's the best part, /tg/, no elves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ihy9aY0UM
>>
>>44175695
>why should this be following storm of chaos
Because it's better for CA gamedesign than your precious ET.
Also, shouldn't you go to your general btw?
>>
>>44180958
>Attila
Nah, Attila was their main game, Warhammer maded by some second noname team.
>>
>>44181280

>Because it's better for CA gamedesign

Not really, there is no reason that it can't be set pre-End Times, as it seems to be.

If it takes place after the ascension of Karl Franz that would place the events in at least 2502, around twenty years before the End Times.
>>
File: Grimgor_Ironhide-x.jpg (342 KB, 932x506) Image search: [Google]
Grimgor_Ironhide-x.jpg
342 KB, 932x506
>>44182880
>there is no reason that it can't be set pre-End Times
Because ET ends the same way each time: Chaos wins.

It's a dumb conclusion if you want to sell a game where you let people play whatever faction they want then say 'you lost because you could never win'.

With Storm of Chaos, every faction continues to exist, regardless. It's why people still play Warhammer Online on private servers, despite the lack of an Everchosen of Grimgor. As devastating as any one side can be, all still exist so the war(and the fun) continues.

Also Grimgor is best.

>If it takes place after the ascension of Karl Franz that would place the events in at least 2502, around twenty years before the End Times.
TA games span a LOT longer than 20 years.
>>
>>44183089

PRO TIP: Total Warhammer will probably not be canon or it will be and the events it covers will be so inconsequential in the grand scheme that they don't change things up.

Trying to push the idea that it should take place after Storm of Chaos just sounds like the moaning of people that can't accept that Chaos could no longer be held off and that Archaon was a mistake, so they cling to a poorly written event.

It was said by one of the past GW designers and possibly even Priestly himself that Chaos was always meant to win, at best it could be infinitely held off. This simple fact however I supposes pisses all over some people's self-importance and original ideas and rather than sucking it up they endlessly complain.
>>
>>44180958

>Rome 2 gets 1 million views over a year
Everyone excited, the most popular Total War of all time!

>Attila get 250,000 views over a year
A respectable showing for a standalone expansion!

>Warhammer gets 4,000,000 views in the first week.
OH GOD THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! FANTASY WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL TOTAL WAR! DAMAGE CONTROL! DAMAGE CONTROL!
>>
>>44183508
>PRO TIP: Total Warhammer will probably not be canon
Here's a secret: I don't care. The fact that people play WHFB shows they don't care what official canon is.

>Trying to push the idea that it should take place after Storm of Chaos just sounds like the moaning of people that can't accept that Chaos could no longer be held off and that Archaon was a mistake, so they cling to a poorly written event.

No, they do it because ET felt less like a way of ending the story and more like GW was being pissy that the players ruined their Storm of Chaos campaign by curbstomping Archy before he could even leave Kislev.

This isn't even Storm of Chaos, it's the base setting where no major events take place. It's the same setting where Azhag and Grimgor can exist on the same map despite existing hundreds of years apart.
>>
>>44183611
>Here's a secret: I don't care.
Not that anon, but honestly your posts give the opposite impression. You sound like quite the arse and your reasoning isn't really all that great despite how you're seem to be trying to make objective claims.

Right now you really just sound like an ass who was pissed at the End Times, decided that Total Warhammer wasn't about it with no confirmation solely based on your asspain about it.

While in actual consideration you're probably right that it isn't End Times (might be more of a vacuum or its own canon), you're nonetheless not acting like someone who doesn't care. You're just kind of a dick really.

>>44183549
>FANTASY WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL TOTAL WAR!
I lkove the Total War series but that fanbase can be the definition of cancer. You'd think that a real-time strategy and empire managing game would have a higher IQ average than most; but it mostly ends up being a bunch of whining bitches for the most part.
>>
>>44183611

If you didn't care then you wouldn't seem so upset at Chaos winning, you'd just go with your headcanon like everyone else who doesn't care probably does.

While End Times did likely recycle parts of Storm of Chaos, I sincerely doubt it's because anyone at GW is still butthurt over the results, assuming any of the designers from that time still work at GW, the person who created Archaon doesn't.

Storm of Chaos was ultimately seemingly mishandled by GW all around. It shouldn't have involved such world changing events, it should have had things written for the major possibly contingencies, it should have been tested to see if better balance existed between the armies, etc.

Also, as of the 8th Edition Orc and Goblins army book Azhag died in 2518, making him and Grimgor contemporaries.
>>
>>44183675
No, I'm pissed that AoS fans are trying to push their shit into what should be a last hurrah for Warhammer Fantasy. A proper send off. That's why I'm being a dick, because the game wasn't given a good ending but rather a slap in the face and then told to buy more shit.

I do care about End Times and AoS, I don't care that this is non-canon. Because as far as I'm concerned GW's handling of canon is total dogshit.
>>
>>44183808
see>>44183836
ET and the reboot that was the introduction of AoS was poorly handled. That's what I care about.
>>
>>44183675
>but it mostly ends up being a bunch of whining bitches

And the nationalist shitflings. Never forget the nationalist shitflings.

Just look at the Charlemagne expansion and >no bulgars
>>
>>44183836
>>44183875

Who said anything about trying to force AoS into Total Warhammer? The End Times is the events starting with End Times Nagash, it's not the state of the Fantasy world as it existed from the release of the 8th Edition rulebook to the release of the Wood Elves army book.
>>
>>44183907
By saying this should take place during End Times. There is only one conclusion for End Times. And that's AoS.
>>
>>44183957

There is a difference between insisting that this should take place in the timeline after Storm of Chaos and that it should take place in the 8th Edition timeline, which yes did lead up to the End Times, but not immediately.
>>
>>44184005
I want neither. I'd prefer a stand alone spin off. That way anything can happen.
>>
>>44183957

Not strictly. Even AoS is contradictory with End Times.
>>
>>44182880
>Not really, there is no reason that it can't be set pre-End Times,
Reason 1 GW: Pre-Et and ET have predtermenide script.
Now you can return to your general,
/thread
>>
>>44184558
>history has a script
>you can still play Rome: Total War
>>
>>44169262
The Empire and the Skaven are interesting.
If you had to press an Imperial about the existence of the Skaven they'd likely think there just some sort of pathetic example of a Ratty Beastmen and not much else.

Sure, you have people who dismiss the existence of skaven entirely. But there rarer then you think.

Also both officials within the Empire and the Skaven work to obfuscate the Skaven.
Elements of the Empire do this to not sow panic amongst the populace as well as or engender a knee jerk reaction that might see them rushing into a fuckhuge war they may not win.
>>
>>44184681
>dat AoS player who continue protect his game
>>
>>44184724
I liked the thing in one of the later WFRPG books where it begins with some mercenary captain opening up the battle with him telling the grunts that they're fighting Skaven and NO he doesn't give a fuck if they believe in them or not because they can still shank you either way.

He even gives some decent rundown of their weaknesses (they're brave in group but not too tough by comparison to orcs, black furs are tougher, grey fur means magic, and "they have ogre-sizes ones that are crazy fast"), and admits that while he doesn't know shite about where they come from (maybe Beastmen, maybe not) they're plenty fuckin' real.
I think it just shows how detached from the reality of things scholars and nobles of the Old World are compared to the fighting men of the setting.
>>
>>44167430
Adrian Smith's stuff got more samey after he went digital IMO
>>
>>44167756
>business treats its consumerbase with contempt and goes out of its way to bleed every last dime from them
>consumers stop being customers
>business fails

how tragic
>>
>>44181280
>than your precious ET.
Have you ever read the post?
>>
>>44183508
>at best it could be infinitely held off.
Which is practically the same as winning and supporting of the storm of chaos result, just saying.
>>
games going to be shit

just like all the others since the first two

but you dipshits will buy it anyway

enabling them to keep selling you shit
>>
>>44186581
Same as WHFB, ironically.
>>
>>44168538
It's probably a follow-up of the true SoC ending, which is the order holding Chaos at bay.
>>
>>44186685

I wouldn't have a problem with the Storm of Chaos result if Archaon wasn't supposed to be the big bad who would lead Chaos to ultimate victory, 100% guarantee.

>>44186760

I don't know why people keep saying this, from all accounts it's the 8th Edition setting.
>>
>>44186775
>from all accounts
which ones ?

Also, 8th edition setting is right before SoC, so it's even better if it "overwrites" the end times altogether.
>>
>>44186760
>follow-up of the true SoC ending
>azhag is alive
And here we go again with this storm of chaos.
This game follows its own series of events, the starting canon point is the setting at the coronation of Karl Franz.
We have no indication of it following the end times.
We have no indication of it following the storm of chaos.
Not every timeline where order resists against chaos is the storm of chaos one.
It's just the warhammer setting given freedom of events to the player, is it so hard to get?
>>
>>44186775
Archaon was still the boss of chaos at the end of the storm, it just meant that the world was not supposed to end exactly with that attack
>>
>>44186781

It was my understanding 8th Edition completely retconned SoC and put Archaon back in the north.

>>44186817

Which doesn't come off that great, it feels like if he launches an attack it should be THE attack.

It's not like he's Abaddon where he has retained leadership for a long ass time and all previous attack were part of a greater overall scheme.
>>
>>44186781
You're making confusion, 6th edition is right before SoC, with the 7th there was already a retcon.
8th edition is before the end times, having the first hints in certain armybooks up to the vampire counts one.

Not that it means every depiction of the 8th edition setting must end with the end times, especially with this one that negates the canonicity of many of those hints and small advancements by setting everything 20 years before the actual setting depicted in the 8th ed.
>>
>>44186732
No, not at all, that would be GW going out of business.
>>
File: 1449957985041.jpg (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1449957985041.jpg
74 KB, 400x400
>post yfw Blood and Gore DLC
>>
>>44184746

What?

Anon was saying that anything can happen in the game because it's a game. It doesn't have to follow the history of the Warhammer world because it lets the players have their own agency.

Are you the sort of person who calls pizza a salad?
>>
>>44186837
>That's like your opinion man.jpg

I feel like both the end times and the storm of chaos were anticlimactic, it's better to have the setting left just before shit goes down, with but the premises of it going down and every faction having its role and things to do.
It's objectively the better thing for the setting a wargame, there was a reason the setting was left still for so long.
The end times were just a marketing decision to lead to AoS, they were not an addition by the creative team.
>>
>>44186581

Yeah.

Because the consumers lose out on future projects because rather than demanding change and standing up for their needs and wants, they just jumped straight to piracy.

Same as what happened to WFB.

And look at the results.
>>
>>44186775
>Archaon wasn't supposed to be the big bad who would lead Chaos to ultimate victory, 100% guarantee.

Where do people keep pulling that from? The point of the Everchosen was always to throw down against the forces of Order, get stomped and make way for the next Everchosen.

Chaos thrives on Chaos. The notion that Chaos would want to destroy worlds is a silly one and a relatively recent insertion into Fantasy that I imagine is a carry on from 40k.
>>
>>44186916

A title like "The Lord of the End Times" doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

Also what would a Chaos victory result in other than pretty much destroying the world?
>>
>>44186902
>rather than demanding change
what? The total war fanbase has been extremely vocal. Rome 2 was a bashed as the worst total war in ages and the fan reaction to the dlc model has turned into a pr nightmare.

Sega doesn't care obviously, but saying there has been no backlash or demand for change is just wrong.
>>
>>44186916
>Chaos thrives on Chaos. The notion that Chaos would want to destroy worlds is a silly one and a relatively recent insertion into Fantasy that I imagine is a carry on from 40k.

You should be beaten unto near death by a Chaos Ogre.

The notion that Chaos wants to destroy the world comes from at least 3th ED.
>>
>>44186932
>"The Lord of the End Times"

That's not Archaon. That's EVERY Everchosen that has arisen. They all get that title. The last dozen or so that got killed? All of them were Lords of the End Times.

It's like Nostradamus. When you keep making end of the world prophecies, it kind of loses traction.

>Also what would a Chaos victory result in other than pretty much destroying the world?

Chaos spreading across the globe, the warp gates being torn asunder and the world being turned into something akin to a Daemon World - where Chaos is the dominant force.

Like, for example, any of the planets in the Eye of Terror.
>>
>>44155414
>Races sold as dlc in a full price, faction based game.
inb4 unit pack dlc

I'll wait a year and grab it at a reasonable price on sale maybe.
>>
>>44186965
> turned into a pr nightmare.

And that's a good thing. It highlighted the problem not just to Sega but to it's competitors.
>>
>>44186977

>Chaos spreading across the globe, the warp gates being torn asunder and the world being turned into something akin to a Daemon World - where Chaos is the dominant force.

>Like, for example, any of the planets in the Eye of Terror.

So in other words pretty much destroying the world.
>>
Not turn-based, not budget based, not interested.
>>
>>44186902
>Same as what happened to WFB
With the exception that people didn't pirate miniatures, people simply choose alternatives or didn't get into it when confronted with the entry cost and the experiences of the company's attentions in regards fixing and balancing.
>>
>>44186977
>>The physical and spiritual corruption of the races engineered by the Old Slann will ultimately destroy them. Even creatures created by the forces of Chaos are doomed to extinction. For, with Chaos' final triumph, all life will decay into a seething mass of protoplasm in which lost and screaming souls float helplessly, enduring the forms thrust upon them by the uncaring gods of Chaos. But the victory of Chaos, although certain, may be delayed - for Lawful and other non-Chaotic void creatures will strive to protect their own identities and ideals. With the victory of Chaos, they too will be swept back into the voids to rejoin the identities from which they were created as the gateways fell.

-WFRP 1st edition p. 268

Firstly, see above.

Secondly, ONLY ARCHAON WAS THE LORD OF THE END TIMES.

His totle was given to him by the texts of Necrodomo. It was his destiny to destroy the world.
>>
>>44187038

Fantasy's cost would honest probably not have been an issue if you weren't required to buy so much.

I'm kind of curious to see how the rest of GW's list of top 25 selling models shakes out. So far they've covered 8 with 6 of those spots belong to 40k. The remaining 2 were Nagash and the Mortarchs and this is from 25 on down.
>>
Sometimes I wonder how Carnac names his warhammer arguing material folders
>>
>>44187063
Do you have a link to that list, I'm mildly interested.
>>
>>44187063
>top 25 selling models
Do you really believe that chart is in any way true to its name and in no way influenced by the way GW wants its products to be seen?
>>
>>44186850
>with the 7th there was already a retcon.
Well, the empire book in 7th mentioned the SoC ending.
>>
>>44187038
>With the exception that people didn't pirate miniatures

I'll take 'Who is the Chinaman' for 500, Alex.

>Firstly, see above.

That's a pretty solid description of a Daemon world right there.

>Secondly, ONLY ARCHAON WAS THE LORD OF THE END TIMES.

The texts of Necrodomo were aspired to by all of the Everchosen. Hell the whole 'He will be known by the items he carries' became intrinsic to the process of the Everchosen getting annointed.

It's all there in the Liber Chaotica.

All the Everchosen were the Lords of the End Times. The Incarnations of the Utterdark. The mortal Princes of Chaos. The Scions of the Great Undivided and the Heralds of the Apocalypse.
>>
>>44187063
>if you weren't required to buy so much.
This. Before 8th edition (and 7th edition army books were already a mess) you had a good elite force with 40 minis, 80 if you were playing an mixed and 100 to 150 for a horde army. And that was when the cost for a basic infantry model was under 1€.
>>
>>44155414
Some friends and I are getting together to play some sort of WHFB equivalent of 40ks kill team (I forget what it's call, regiments of renown I think...) anyways, it's gonna be my first go into WHF I'm gonna get some empier troops together. Any recommendations for a fluffy build ? I'm gonna be playing Averland.
>>
>>44187114

It' only available from the Warhammer App, with some getting cut off.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Devestators
Nagash
Mortarchs
Putrid Blightkings
Starweaver/Voidweaver
Chaos Space Marines
Tyrannocyte/Sporocyst and Mucolid Spore

Last spot may have been Landraider Redeemer/Crusader.

So Fantasy actually did one better.

>>44187129

Yes I do because GW really gains nothing by saying in what its top 25 selling kits were for 2015, especially when they list old ass kits like the Chaos Space Marines in the 18th or 19th positions.
>>
>>44187151
>I'll take 'Who is the Chinaman' for 500, Alex.
And I can assure you that the chinaman was not as influential as simply choosing another game or not getting into it
Especially considering that the target customer is relatively young and likely inexperienced in the trade of counterfeit resins from the east
>>
>>44187151
>Utterdark
That's probably the most cringewhorty title of chaos I've ever seen
>>
>>44187161
>(I forget what it's call, regiments of renown I think...)
Mordheim, or Smallhammer if you play with actual units and not single minis.

Averlander are heavily oriented towards defence, are usually kinda flamboyant and more than used to fight orcs. Paintjob is yellow/black. Heavy focus on firearms if they come from around Nuln. Their Count was totally mad.
>>
>>44187199
>>And I can assure you that the chinaman was not as influential as simply choosing another game or not getting into it

A fair point, can't argue that. But I'd wager Gee Dubs response to the counterfeiting had a sizable impact.
>>
>>44187214
There's no denying of that
>>
File: 1436392184794.jpg (64 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1436392184794.jpg
64 KB, 680x680
>not a big fan of 4x games
>am a big fan of rts
>am a big fan of warhammer, obviously

Should i get the game?
>>
>>44187242
sure
>>
>>44187151
>The texts of Necrodomo were aspired to by all of the Everchosen. Hell the whole 'He will be known by the items he carries' became intrinsic to the process of the Everchosen getting annointed.

No, they were not. They were written after many of them have died. Also the Necrodomo text describes the entire life of Archaon from his birth to End Times. It names him by his true name.

You have no idea what you are talking about and just throwing bullshit around.

>That's a pretty solid description of a Daemon world right there.

Or a world being unmade.
>>
>>44187242

Depends. HOW big a fan of Warhammer are you?

Did you get the Marks of Chaos game?
>>
>>44187242
I'd get medieval total war 2 and download the third age mod and see if you like that. Wh will very likely play similar
>>
>>44187213
Don't try to talk shit about my Marius

Anyway, he dies in 2520, so by the setting in total war he should still be alive
>campaign with Marius Leitdorf and Sigvald the magnificent
Please CA let this happen
>>
>>44187242
Try Shogun 2 the next time is goes down to like a fiver in a Steam sale. Should give you a good idea of if you like the war total war does things without costing too much, and Shogun 2 is probably the best they've ever done.
>That's fighting talk
Yes, yes it is. But the thread has turned into GW/AoS butthate thread #13241 so it's not like I'm ruining it.
>>
>>44187260
>No, they were not. They were written after many of them have died. Also the Necrodomo text describes the entire life of Archaon from his birth to End Times. It names him by his true name.

Wait, are you getting this info from the End Time books or what? Because I pulled out the Liber Chaotica >>44187151 talked about, and he's right.

Other than the Liber Chaotica, what sources talk about the prophecy and Necrodomo?
>>
>For unknown reasons the count visited Bretonnia. During this visit he insulted the ugly wife of the Duke of Parravon. This led to a Bretonnian invasion in 2512, which thankfully floundered before the defences of Helmgart
>>
>>44187295
The novel "Archaon Everchosen".

The first chapter and onwards.

Also what pages in the Liber? Where does it say that Necrodomo who wasn't even alive during the time of Mokar inspired all Everchosen?
>>
>>44187284
But Shogun 2 has the worst case of 'arr rook same!' I've sever seen in a Total War game.
>>
>>44187317
>>44187278
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.