[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no one to enjoy RPGs with is there a worse feel in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: mangumlead.jpg (10 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
mangumlead.jpg
10 KB, 100x100
>tfw no one to enjoy RPGs with

is there a worse feel in the world?
>>
>>44142791

No game is better than a bad game, anon.

But don't despair, there's online games via Roll20 or IRC, sometimes available through our gamefinder threads.
There are also gamebooks and solo RPG modules and systems for if you really want to roll some dice and can't get anyone else lined up. (Which is a problem even for folks who have a regular group. Sometimes people don't show)
In addition, any one of the various GM emulators can make almost any non-solo RPG playable for one person.
>>
File: 1373925819911.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1373925819911.gif
982 KB, 320x287
Slightly related feel

>tfw only people to enjoy RPGs with are ultraflakes
>tfw spending around 10 hours of off-time throughout a week with a busy schedule for a game that they literally cancel at the last minute
>>
>>44142876
I've played in terrible, awful games before. I've played in games where the DM was caught jerking it under the table.

I'd still rather play in a game like that, than no game at all.
>>
>>44142791
>>
>>44142791
Chilli sauce in your bell-end
>>
>>44142791
>is there a worse feel in the world?

Nope. This is as bad as it gets. Thing can only get better from here.
>>
>>44142791
>is there a worse feel in the world?
I can't be certain, but dying of AIDS must be pretty high up there, you drama queen.
>>
>>44142791
Having your appendix completely explode when it's still attached to the rest of your organs.
That shit sucks, let me tell you.
>>
Talking about RPGs and reading rulebooks but never playing because your friends are a bunch of fucking noncommittal flip flop bitches.
>>
>>44143017
>Jerking it under the tabke
Story time please
>>
File: mfw_heresy.png (193 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
mfw_heresy.png
193 KB, 320x350
>>44142791
>tfw my close friends don't even want to try any rpgs
>tfw all my amazing players left because of retarded drama and I had to cancel the game I'm gming
>tfw the only people that I can play with keep making the same characters over and over
>tfw our GM can't think of good npcs and everyone is an offensive stereotype

Playing is bad for my soul
>>
>>44142791
It's you.
>>
File: IMG_7998.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7998.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>have no friends to play tabletop games with
>collect (horde) and skim upwards of a hundred game manual PDFs due to being too indecisive to choose one to learn
>read stories on /tg/ to fill the void

Why can't I just have fun by myself? Why do I spend all my time as if I'm waiting for other people?
>>
>Have regular rpg group
>I hate the kinds of games they all enjoy playing: 2deep4u storymode and wacky high-jinks
>They don't like it when I run serious/action games
>I'm miserable when I play in their games but stay because friendship
>Feel like a massive turd because I actually have a group of people I like and play with regularly but I still manage to hate every minute of it

There is no face when this. It feels like being married to someone who annoys you constantly but is otherwise fine. You have it too good to get a divorce but you're still miserable. It's the sad acceptance that the best life has to offer still tastes like a stinky dick so you just suck for all its worth and hope the tears add a bit of flavor.
>>
>>44149040
I feel your pain, m8. I'm in an online group with some people who are generally nice, and one really close friend, but the DM's philosophy is so completely ass-backwards that it ruins the experience.
>"muh world" is more important than players having fun
>builds his own complicated systems to resolve basic conflicts so a fight between the party and eight goblins stretches across three sessions
>ignores any feedback he gets
Never trust a DM with a homebrew. I should just start my own damn campaign.
>>
>>44142791
yeah when you've got people and they're all shit. wasted potential hurts more than missed potential
>>
>>44142791
Probably a blistering-hot nail on your urethra.
>>
>>44143017
>jerking it under the table

I'll take made up nonsense for 500 please, Alex.
>>
I have been running a Roll20 group for almost 2 years now, as well as a bunch of shorter-lived groups. They're great guys and I love playing with them and it is fun to do.

The thing is, more than anything, I really just want to play a face-to-face game at a table. I want to actually emote and act characters, not just do their voices. I want to walk around and have conversations with players, or let them see the expressions as they talk.

The thing is, I kind of don't have any friends at all. Like, anyone I used to know has long since gone and I don't have anyone left. So it's never going to happen, and I know that in reality it wouldn't be nearly as fun as it is in my mind because finding decent, tolerable players is a nightmare.

But it's still a dream.
>>
Is Roll20 worth going through at all?
I keep hearing that you mostly get munchkins and what not out of it and it would be pretty awkward to keep finding games and not coming back after the group turns out to be shit.
>>
>>44151990

It's a slog finding a decent group no matter how you do it. Roll20 doesn't seem to be any better or worse than anywhere else.
I recruited players to Roll20 from the Gamefinder threads, on the theory that at least they care enough about /tg/s to find and visit a board devoted to them. Still, 80% never showed up, and half those that did didn't last.
>>
>>44151990
I have found that Roll20 is more reliable than the gamefinder threads, assuming that you screen players properly of course. It also depends on what system you are running. If it is a PF game then it will be easy to get people on board. If you are running your own home brew then it would be challenging.
>>
>>44142791
My girlfriend promised to GM a game because I'm forever GM. I was planning this out two months in advance so it'd be ready to go the moment he got on the ground. We were going to play in person with my brother who is visiting this week for the holidays as a family game.
I kept asking her if she read the module over and over about once a week, and she told me to stop harassing her, and just trust she'll do it.
Yesterday, she admitted she never read the module because she was busy.
No game. I could have had a game if she would have just admitted she didn't want to do it, and let me do the preparations instead.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.