[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick TG! I'm retarded and I don't know how the rolling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: candy-cane-psd3561.png (74 KB, 350x371) Image search: [Google]
candy-cane-psd3561.png
74 KB, 350x371
Quick TG! I'm retarded and I don't know how the rolling system in shadowrun works! The books don't explain it well enough for my dipshit mind to comprehend it!
>>
Dice pools.

Roll as many d6es as your dice pool says to. If it's a 5 or a 6, it's a hit.

Someone else can remind me of the glitch rules, but that's the basics.
>>
Basically just throw like 20+ dice on the table, pretend to look at them, and then say "I did it!"

That got me through four editions of the game.
>>
>>44116641
Well yeah but aren't the dice pools a combo of an attribute, a skill, and then a limit set my either physical mental or social?
>>
5th edition btw.
>>
I'm not sure what threshold has to do with anything either.
>>
>>44116568
>I don't know how the rolling system in shadowrun works!
It doesn't.
>>
>>44116700
Correct. Take a skill and its relevant attribute (listed with the skill). Your attribute + your skill is the pool you roll. Your limit is the maximum number of hits you can use.

I'll do a quick example. Say you're firing a Predator V pistol at someone. You've got Agility 5, Pistols 6, and a Physical Limit of 5. (I'm not sure if that's an accurate limit, but this is offhand.) You roll 11 dice. You come up with six hits, four non-hits, and a single 1. Since your limit is only 5, you can only apply 5 hits. If your threshold is 3, you still got two net hits, though.

A good rule of thumb is that the average number of dice you'll be able to throw is 1/3 of your total dice pool total.
>>
>>44117254
Thank you senpai!

This has turned into a Tips for a new Shadowrun GM thread.
>>
>>44118747
Throw together a series of ideas for runs.
Have 2 or three office block plans.
Add security features, and fill in where the mcguffins are after the runners choose to do a particular run.
ADD A TWIST TO THE RUN.

Rinse and repeat, tied together with an odd plotline or whatnot, that's less important than what things your players are doing.
>>
>>44119019
Agree.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.