[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The usual disclaimer that some of these links may not work a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 15
File: GGv03.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
GGv03.pdf
1 B, 486x500
The usual disclaimer that some of these links may not work applies.

=GURPS Resources==
If you want to learn the basic mechanics of the system, get GURPS Lite for free at www.sjgames.com/gurps/lite/

Character Templates. Think Character Classes.
http://gurps.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Templates

GURPS 4th edition Books:
https://mega.nz/#F!RcJUHApY!uVGhU1FAZaWQAURsfrOgyQ!8cgQgBpL

4th edition Character Sheet utility:
https://www.gurpscharactersheet.com

Combat Examples. Very useful for new players and GMs! Check out how different options effect things.
http://www.themook.net/rpg/examples/

GURPS Murder Simulator, a fun tool to simulate shooting people in GURPS.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40207800/MiscDev/MurderSim2015.exe

GURPS 3rd edition PDFS. Unreliable. Try again if they don't work.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/qiq29z073l9zs/GURPS
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fvkg5h94x1k1m/GURPS

What Skills should every PC have? Good idea, moderate execution.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=369148&postcount=22
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=676097&postcount=4

Combat Cheat Sheet
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10971026/Combat%20Maneuvers%20Cheat%20Sheet%202.04.pdf

Random utility
gurpscalculator.com

Magic System comparisons
http://pastebin.com/4Wk6gB2D (embed) (HTTP)

Planet and star generator:
http://higarashi.big-metto.net/upload/CeleNavigation/CelestialNavigation_x86.zip

Innate Attack Calculator, missing some modifiers:
www.sjgames.com/gameaids/gurps/g4innatecalc.html
>>
I know there's a magic system comparison in the OP.

What magic system do you actually use?

(Also, OP, you can title it GURPS General, you know)
>>
I made a post on my blog simulating the basic set invention system at TL3 in a swords-and-sorcery/Dungeon Fantasy kind of setting with comparisons of a vanilla inventor, gadgeteer, and quick gadgeteer. After attempting this with the rules right in front of me, I'm still not sure I got it right.
>>
>>44115689
Well.. I didn't even ask a question, or link the post.

Can someone double check if this correctly details the invention system?

http://pseudoboo.blogspot.com/2015/12/lets-invent-thing-gurps-basic-set.html
>>
>>44115686
Default system. It just werks.
>>
>>44115686
Bit of everything. Mostly rpm, but some sorcery and path/book and rune/syntactic in there too
>>
File: Screenshot (243).png (68 KB, 938x883) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (243).png
68 KB, 938x883
anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>44115686
I'm gonna actually tag a question onto this (again). I'm working on a dungeonpunk setting, TL6 slowly edging into TL7. What system works best for omnipresent magic, but that requires special education (ie not an inherited trait)? I'm looking at Ritual Path Magic, but I have a bit of a weird spirit divide (debating whether or not I should have higher spirits like gods and the like, but humans/other species DEFINITELY have souls, and mundane spirits to summon definitely don't exist). I could always just drop the Spirit branch of RPM, but that seems like a little crude of a way of doing it...
>>
File: tesla coil.gif (123 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
tesla coil.gif
123 KB, 200x150
How would I go about specifying and modifying a lightning attack that looks like pic related?
You shoot a bunch of aimless and erratically moving arcs from your hand that cover a certain area.
Would I roll a number of dice to determine how many arcs there are and then roll for each one if it hits something?

What exactly would such a skill look like when written down correctly with all the modifiers?
>>
>>44117867
start with innate attack (burn) with a linked affliction to stun to simulate the normal effects of lightning damage, maybe add a few accessibility modifiers if you want to specify that certain insulators render it useless.

Cut the maximum range down a bit, maybe 5ish yards, and make it a wideish cone.
Give it a lot of rapid fire to simulate the possibility of getting hit many times.
Give it bombardment so that whether it hits an enemy in the area of attack seems more random.
>>
>>44118134
And putting this into numbers

Innate Attack Burn 1
Increased 1/2d +15% (Removed 1/2d, because I don't like it.)
Reduced total range 1/10 -30% (Meaning the lowest we can make it is 10 yards)
Cone, 5 yard wide +100%
Add Stun +50%
Add Surge +20% (Destroys electronic equipment)
Bombardment effective skill -15%
RoF 5 +70%

Meaning 15.5 points per each 1d of damage each hit does.
For each target in a triangle that has a base of 5 and a height of 10 that extends from you, roll against 10. Your margin of success is how many d of damage you do (eg, if you roll 7, that target will take 10-7 = 3d damage.)
>>
>>44118392
>>44118134
Thanks man. You were a great help.
>>
Running a DF campaign, and my players are a bunch of stupid pricks. So am I so this works out p well. How much should I charge for True Faith (Turn Undead Gay)?
>>
>>44119221
Dunno, but does the player also have Affliction(Lechery)?
>>
Does any of you kind anons have GURPS コクーン, 妖魔夜行, ドラゴンマーク, リボーンリバース and ルナル/ユエル?

>>44115686
I use Magic (as a grimoire) + some tinkering like Threshold Magic, Magical Styles, perks like Adjustable Spells and other neat ideas from Thaumatology.
>>
File: UmUVNLa.jpg (148 KB, 1152x806) Image search: [Google]
UmUVNLa.jpg
148 KB, 1152x806
>>44115686
Default, or RPM. Considering using others for various npcs, and Spheres for unknowable horrors that crawl forth to ravage the lands.
>>
What happens to a Ritual Path mage's various conditional rituals when the ritualist dies? Should they persist until the end of time, immediately fizzle, all go off at once in an awful clusterfuck because why not?
>>
GURPS
>>
>>44118922
I tidied the formatting up a bit, and noticed a few things.
http://pseudoboo.blogspot.com/2015/12/special-attack-tesla-coil.html

The version here has a 5 yard range with a 5 yard spread, and I realized that the high RoF gives a +1 to hit, so technically, the roll is against 11 for each target, and that is a valuable +1. It also came out to a nicely even 15 points a level this way instead of 15.5
>>
My group hates roll under systems because of bad experiences with one.
Essentially at a point attacks always succeed, and defenses always succeed, which led to long stalemates waiting for criticals.

What does GURPS have to prevent this?
>>
>>44129285
Deceptive attacks-penalties to attacks that lower an opponent's defence.

Additionally, it's advised that you reach across the table and smack them if an attack/defence is 16 and it's not a supers game
>>
>>44129383
And feints and counterattacks and...
>>
File: cover_lg[1].jpg (143 KB, 550x712) Image search: [Google]
cover_lg[1].jpg
143 KB, 550x712
Can't have impulse buys in Christian GURPS!
>>
>>44129285

If you're dealing with superheroes and you're using skills like Brawling-32 and Dodge-29, you subtract 10 from both sides however many times you need for at least one to fit within the 3-18 range. So in that example, subtracting 10 twice gives you Brawling-12 and Dodge-9, which are more reasonable numbers to roll against.
>>
>>44129551
>counterattacks
There are counterattacks?
Where and how?
>>
When I have a bow and shoot an arrow and hit a person, what's the difference between p-, p, and no piercing at all? How does piercing work exactly?
>>
>>44130818
Counterattack is a technique from MA p70. There is also Riposte as an option for Parry, MA p124.
>>
>https://www.gurpscharactersheet.com
Is there something I'm missing from this, or do they just have a lot of stuff missing from the generator?
>>
File: Wv5Moos[1].png (45 KB, 181x392) Image search: [Google]
Wv5Moos[1].png
45 KB, 181x392
>>44131179
p. B379
>>
>>44131725
I don't even know why they bothered with that. It's like every hit location has a different wounding rules for these.
>>
If a weapon does 1d-4, and you roll a 2, does that mean it just does no damage, or it defaults to 1 damage no matter what?
>>
>>44131179
To exaggerate and simplify some it's the difference between pushing a needle into someone, pushing an icepick into someone, and pushing a sharpened piece of rebar into someone.

Then there's impaling which is like pi:omfg which is like pushing a chain link fence pole into someone.

It could certainly be simplified in the rules some I think (somewhere around the middle of the century when 5th comes out) but it does add some things to equipment and tactics choices.
>>
>>44132037

Crushing weapons, like fists, have a minimum damage of 0, so you can deal no damage. For all other damage types, an attack always inflicts at least 1 damage.
>>
>>44132037
It does zero damage. Just like if you rolled 1d-4 and got 6 but the guy you hit had DR 2. See B327 & B377.
>>
>>44132479
Have I been doing this wrong? Do you have a page reference?
>>
>>44132522
Basic 378
>>
>>44132522

Basic p.378, under Damage Rolls.

>Damage rolls are expressed as a number of dice, sometimes with a modifier; e.g., “6d-1” or “1d+2.” A negative modifier can’t reduce damage below 0 if the attack does crushing damage, or below 1 if it does any other type of damage.
>>
>>44132595
Fuck. That was an important sentence to have missed.

So, 1d-4, rolled a 3 -> minimum 1 (unless crushing damage).

Thank you for the ref.
>>
>>44132205
Actually, I think pi++ and imp are mechanically identical, except imp is used for low-tech weapons and pi++ is used for firearms.
>>
>>44133214
Absolutely true. Like I said, exaggerated and simplified.
>>
File: tumblr_nxc7o308Z81u5x37oo6_1280.jpg (436 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxc7o308Z81u5x37oo6_1280.jpg
436 KB, 1280x960
Looking over some Supers stuff because why not, but how tough should a Sovereignty be? Century scale? Millenium-scale?
>>
>>44123244
Wait, since when is there a Japanese version of GURPS and where can I download it?
>>
>>44133787
I'd open the game with C-level Sovereigns; if they end up not being powerful enough, those were small-time, basically Sovereigns in name only. If you start out with M-level threats and they're too powerful, though, you've likely got a TPK on your hands.
>>
So for shooting at someone you're in melee with, is there any penalties? I've always just used the weapon's bulk as a close quarters penalty, but I feel like there's an actual rule for it somewhere.
>>
>>44134440
That is, in fact, The Rule for It as written on page 391 of the basic set.
>>
>>44134550
Shit, sorry. The basic sets are so large and packed with so much it's easy to forget. Funny enough that I got it right on my own though, huh?
>>
>>44133995
According to Wikipedia, GURPS is among the most significantly represented western RPGs in Japan.
>>
Ultratech doesn't have anything on this, but I know GURPS has to have something like this:
Is there any rules for Orbital Weapons? Either mass-drivers that toss meteors, or microwave/particle beams?
>>
>>44135439

Check some Transhuman Space but im not sure.
Then again, why do you need rules for that?
>>
>>44135610
Who knows. If orbital weapons in my game are ever used, they'll probably just end up being completely fluffed with no mechanics. It's just for curiosity's sake. And not wanting to take up two posts here, but why if the TL-9 Assault Laser is a beam laser, does it not have an RoF of 10? It seems all other continuous beam lasers do. Should I just houserule it that all lasers by default have RoF 10 or something?
>>
>>44136061

You should basically housrule everything in GURP's.
>>
>>44136209
Sure, that's reasonable enough. It's a system that's extremely easy to houserule, which I love.

How does this sound?
-The pulse option for a laser can be used with TL-9 chemical lasers.
-All laser weapons are assumed to have an ROF of 10 instead of 1. Beam lasers must use an RoF of atleast 5 whenever fired.
(That's to show that Beam Lasers use up more power, I suppose. Not sure how else I would do that.)
>>
>>44135439
An orbital weapon is just a big weapon which happens to be fired from orbit, isn't it? Spaceships has the rules for stuff on that scale.

The only thing I don't remember seeing is details of how much a kinetic bombardment would ablate away re-entering atmosphere at orbital velocities.
>>
>>44137822
Typically, any sort of theoretical orbital weapon doesn't use explosives for the payload. The one I remember fires a Tungsten rod (releases it, more like), and when the metal hits the earth, sci-fi babble happens and everything dies.

Vanquish was a great fucking game
>>
Working on a template for plant-people. It's based on the Body of Wood meta-trait from magic, and has a more fantastic than realistic bent. Feedback?

Advantages:
Damage Resistance (Tough Skin) 2: 6
Doesn't Breathe: 20
Doesn't Eat: 5 [Half the effect of doesn't eat or drink, half the cost]
Doesn't Sleep: 20
Extended Lifespan 3: 6
Injury Tolerance (Homogeneous): 40
Lifting ST +5: 15
Resistant: Immune to Metabolic Hazards: 30
Sanitized Metabolism: 1

Disadvantage:
Cannot Speak: -15
Decreased Basic Speed (-1): -20
Dependency: Daily, 1 Hour of Sunlight: -15
Fragile: Combustible: -5
Numb: -20
Unnatural Features 5: -5
Unusual Biochemistry: -5

Total cost: 58 points

Anything I should add or remove?
>>
>>44138333
what's the fluff? something tree-like, I'm guessing? if the template requires sunlight then it's probably composed of living plant matter, and probably shouldn't be combustible. Green wood is not easier to burn than flesh.
>>
>>44138333
Is there a particular kind of plant they're modeled after?
I don't know why these plant people don't need air, or nutrients.
>>
>>44138333

Immunity to Metabolic Hazards is borderline - how do they react to poisons and toxins? Unnatural Features is specifically not a racial trait and has to be relative to other members of the species. An ordinary human with blood-red eyes and pointed teeth has Unnatural Features. An average-looking demon doesn't, no matter how many horns and wings they have.

The dependency is a little odd. In Bio-Tech, there's a genetically-engineered "dryad" template that includes Dependency (Lie in fertile soil and sunbathe for at least eight hours; very common, daily) [-15] which is the same cost as yours for only an hour. I think -15 is a little low for only an hour a day, but Dependency doesn't give specific rules for how long it takes, so it's up to you. Bearing in mind that that Dependency is combined with Doesn't Sleep, so they sunbathe and root instead of sleeping.
>>
>>44138585
Smaller walking tree was what I was going for. I remember living wood being fairly fire-resistant now, I guess I just forgot while putting the template together.
>>
>>44138642
>>44138646
Like I posted above, I was using the template for Body of Wood, which includes Doesn't Breathe and Doesn't Eat or Drink. I also remember the "Daily" rank for dependency saying it only required 15 minutes of an activity, but I bumped it up because that seemed to be too little. I might decrease the points given for the dependency, if 1 hour is short for a -15.

Thanks for the advice for Unnatural Features, though. I think I missed that while reading through.
>>
>>44138749
>Body of Wood, which includes [..] Doesn't Eat or Drink.

Disregard that, I suck cocks. I took that from Biotech's template, where it's linked to the dependency. As the dependency requires soil, that should be enough to handle the food requirement, I kept the water requirement separate in this case given how little time it spends rooted, but if I increase the time it needs to spend in sunlight, I'll give it the full advantage.
>>
File: The Dark Lord Baphomet manifests.jpg (317 KB, 1200x1181) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Lord Baphomet manifests.jpg
317 KB, 1200x1181
So, I am trying to create a shape shifting character, and I don't know how to do it.
I know the advantage I want is Morph, but I don't know the specifics.
The character is a humanoid shaped monster who can assume any human form (and only human forms, no animals, or aliens or anything else) without his stats changing and without changing mass.
For this I was going to use Morph (Cosmetic and Retains Shape), but there is a catch, the monster I am stating also has the ability to go all The Thing with lots of tentacles, fangs and other disgusting bits, and that's where I am stuck.
My best guess would be using Morph like I wrote above and then using a Modular Ability to create tentacles, fangs and claws.
>>
>>44139154
My immediate thought is two Alternate Forms, one a "human" with Elastic Skin and such to be whoever, and other for the big gribbly monster form.
>>
>>44139388
This is a good option, but does Elastic Skin actually lets you change into other people?
Like, could a short black guy with curly hair turn into a tall asian guy with straight hair and then a average build white guy with red hair?
>>
How does Dual Wielding work?
>>
File: 645.jpg (43 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
645.jpg
43 KB, 620x400
Hi!

I'd like to create a super with electricity based powers who uses an energy reserve. Now when you make a lightning attack you can spend any number of points. More points means greater range and higher damage. Let's say 1 point is like a tiny spark that stings a bit on contact and 20 points is like an actual, devestating lightning strike. How would you refer to those values in real terms? Raising the voltage? Or wattage? Or amperage? And what would be reasonable steps? Like 1 point = 10 volts/watts/amps, 2 points = 100 volts/watts/amps, 3 points = 500 volts/watts/amps, etc. ?
>>
>>44140750
>Raising the voltage? Or wattage? Or amperage?

Also coulomb for electric charge and joule for energy.
>>
I'm looking at making a wandering Daoist priest, I'd like to be able to tell fortunes. I know there is the skill for it, as far as knowing how to go about the ritual and social aspects, but what Advantage should I take to actually have a little real ability to tell them something genuinely useful and supernatural.
>>
>>44140920
Blessed, Oracle, or Precognition should all work.
>>
>>44139675
Skin and facial features; build might be a bit beyond your abilities. You can change your appearance freely, and to imitate a specific person takes a Disguise roll at +4.

>>44140658
Any attack in your off-hand is at -4; you have less control with that hand. This penalty is removed by Ambidexterity OR the Off-Hand Training perk, though the perk only removes it for one class of weapon (e.g. Off-Hand Training (Knife)).

Attacking with two different weapons simultaneously uses the Dual-Weapon Attack technique; roll against each weapon skill at -4 (this stacks with the off-hand penalty for -8 default). The attacks themselves are treated normally, though there are some special very minor rules you can choose to use if you want. The -4 can be bought off as a Hard technique that's specialized by weapon skill. Being able to use, say, a spear and a sword in a single simultaneous attack at full skill would necessitate DWA (Broadsword) and DWA (Spear), plus Off-Hand Training (Broadsword). Obviously, if you're using two of the same weapon, you only need to buy the technique up for a single skill, but doubling up on the same weapon is of variable utility.

>>44140750
For the attack, the easiest thing would be a Burning Attack (Surge, Variable, Costs FP). Variable means you can choose to scale back the damage. As per GURPS: Powers, scaling down damage similarly scales down the energy cost; if you bought 20d of burning damage and had it cost 20 FP to use, you could choose to attack with a 10d attack (half the normal damage) that would only cost 10 FP (half the normal cost).

The basic set has household current dealing up to 3d damage and main power lines up to 6d; I'd use that as a base for determining wattage/amperage/etc. for your attacks.

>>44140920
Precognition gives future sight. However, I'm also going to recommend Psychometry; the ability to look into someone's past can be useful for telling their future. It also feels more dao to me, but that's just my opinion.
>>
Never played Gurps but it sounds cool and I have a question. What's the difference between advantages and skills? And how do you know when you need a skill to make use of an advantage?
>>
>>44141218
Advantages are abilities, attributes, or special qualities of your character. They tend to be binary; you have them or you don't. Some are mundane (Combat Reflexes and Wealth) but a good deal are Supernatural (Precognition, Teleportation) or Exotic (Flight, Claws, Damage Reducing iron skin). Superman has lots of advantages (though it's not like he doesn't have skills either).
Skills on the other hand, are the competencies of your character at performing certain tasks. They *always* come in levels, and you have to roll the skill's level or under to succeed at using it (modified by situation of course; a character with Climbing-16 will almost always succeed at basic adventuring uses of the skill, but if they have to climb a totally vertical rain-slick tower wall in howling winds, penalties will knock their effective skill level way down). Batman mostly gets buy on skills (though he possesses mundane/cinematic human traits like Combat Reflexes, Trained by a Master, and a shitton of Wealth).

In general, they tell you in the advantage if you need a skill to use the advantage successfully. The only ones that come to mind are Innate Attack needing the skill of the same name to aim with and Flight needing Areobatics for fancy shit and Flight for marathon flying. Most work off Attribute rolls alone (a lot of mental Advantages like Precognition, Mind Reading, Warp, Telekinesis, Blessed, etc. roll against IQ directly, not a skill) or don't require a roll at all (Combat Reflexes gives bonuses to other rolls, TbaM reduces penalties for doing awesome things, and Morph just lets you change yourself around willynilly).
>>
>>44141658
Cool. Thanks for the explanation!
>>
>>44141218
Advantages are usually passive intrinsic abilities; you don't have to roll against them. "Catfall" represents passive reduction in falling damage for a catgirl, "Innate Attack" represents a capability of breathing fire by a dragon, "Flight" is having an ability to fly.

Skills are usually 1) trained and 2) active, i. e. you roll against them. You roll against Jumping to jump over a chasm (and if you fail, having Catfall would help). You roll against 'Fire Breath' skill (unfortunately called 'Innate Attack skill') to hit things and do damage, but it's the separate trait (an advantage called' Innate Attack') that gives you the ability to do that.
>>
>>44141880
Do you think the ability to shoot lightning from your hands after a gene experiment would qualify as innate attack?
>>
>>44142127
Yep. Probably just your basic burning attack, just add the surge modifier since it's an electric attack.
>>
>>44142187
Nice. Thanks :)
>>
File: goomba.png (215 KB, 958x1188) Image search: [Google]
goomba.png
215 KB, 958x1188
I'm looking to make some templates for Super Mario races. I'm not having such a hard time figuring out physical abilities with the templates, though it's tough for me to sort out skill bonuses for these templates.

Any ideas for a Goomba race? I'm already pegging them for No Fine Manipulators and Sharp Teeth, and I might give them an Innate Attack to emulate the Headbonk attack from the Paper Mario games. I know they're shitters in general, but there's got to be something to bring them in the net positive.

Any other template ideas for Mario characters are also welcome.
>>
>>44142617
If I recall I think there's enough instances of goombas interacting usefully with objects that you could justify giving them short-range telekinesis or something if not "invisible arms".
>>
>>44142824
I know the most obvious case comes from Mario Superstar Baseball of all things, but I've maybe only seen one other case, like Goombella flipping through the pages of a book in TTYD.

The realm of SMB is cartoony enough where I could justify giving them invisible arms anyways.
>>
What would be a reasonable maximum cash amount to allow for Patrons bought with the +100% version of the "Equipment" enhancement? Some particular tiny fraction of the "assets of at least X times starting wealth" listed for organizations of that cost band, perhaps?
>>
>>44143800
Same poster, googling my question has the writer of Social Engineering claiming official guidelines are in that book, but I can't find them. Does anyone have a page number?
>>
File: patrons.png (306 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
patrons.png
306 KB, 1280x720
>>44144727
Might be p41? See pic.
>>
>>44145011
That section doesn't seem to have anything to do with my question, though. It just describes the total assets of organizational Patrons worth less than 10 points, looks like.
Maybe it's the bit on page 53 I just noticed that's saying they might provide up to 1% of their assets for projects serving their goals, but the equipment from the enhancement is specifically that which you can use even when you're not "on the job" with them so I'm not sure if that applies exactly.
>>
>>44115602
So I just read through GURPS lite, and I like the system at first blush. I'm looking for something to run a cyberpunk game. I've heard that GURPS is one of the best systems for tactical/ breach & clear style games. I was wondering how well it handles power gaps between characters. Can it handle combat cyborgs that punch through steel plates, and normal police detectives in the same encounter without the math getting wonky? Also vehicles, I hear they are a nightmare to put together. Is this true, or is it BS from people who have never actually played?
>>
Do modern TL8 bows have the same stats as medieval TL3 bows? Or is there some difference? Is there somewhere that has rules for it?
>>
>>44146089
I wish I could run my GURPS cyberpunk game.
I wish.
>>
>>44146109
High-Tech has rules for modern compound bows and crossbows. Basically they cost twice as much and have their range/damage based on a strength +2 over that needed to draw it.
>>
>>44146184
So, a compound longbow would have damage 1d+2, range 195/260 and cost $400, to a normal longbow 1d+1 damage, 165/220 range, and $200 cost, right?
>>
>>44146741
Yeah, for a ST 11 user that's correct.
>>
>>44146901
Don't bows have their own ST score (that the user need to have equal or more to use it) independent of the character ST?
>>
>>44146917
Yes. But ST 11 character can use ST 13 compound bow. Add Strongbow perk to that, and you get whopping +4 to ST.
>>
>>44146955
>Strongbow perk
Where is it?
>>
>>44146964
Martial Arts. By the way, it has some pretty great rules for bows - for example, there is a cinematic rule that allows you to draw and fire the bow in a same turn. Really great in close combat.
>>
File: Rambo is about to shot you.jpg (51 KB, 600x260) Image search: [Google]
Rambo is about to shot you.jpg
51 KB, 600x260
>>44146988
But does it have rules for EXPLOSIVE ARROWS?
>>
>>44147010
Nope, but Pyramid 36 has rules for some low-tech exploding crossbow bolts - they give -1 penalty to Acc and reduce range by 5. For High-Tech arrow, you will probably need a linked 3d-1 cr ex damage
>>
File: 14244369047610.jpg (219 KB, 687x693) Image search: [Google]
14244369047610.jpg
219 KB, 687x693
>Pyramid 3-47
>Monster Slaver template
>basically whole article is "Elf slave wat do"
>by David L. Pulver
Why I am not surprised
>>
I love Sorcery!
>>
>>44147404
I wonder if they'll make DF Sorcerer templates, or it is impossible without proper grimoire?
>>
>>44147438
There is one is one of the latest Pyramid issues.
>>
>>44146089
GURPS is kind of designed to have characters of wildly varying power and competence interact.

This doesn't guarantee that a normal person is going to be able to beat a cyber-monster in combat. Some builds will be better at some things than others and 'combat' is just another thing you can be good at in GURPS.
>>
Help me GURPS gen.

I'm sure some of you played Metal Gear Solid V and Peace Walker, but some don't, so I'm gonna lay it in full detail

Main character is an expert at Judo+Karate and when he's near an opponent, he can grab him and Judo Throw him.

BUT

If there's two or more opponents nearby, after first Judo Throw the main character shouts "NEXT!" and proceeds to Judo Throw adjacent enemy too, while the enemy cannot react and as long as there are people nearby, he can judo throw as many of them as he likes.

How would one stat it out in GURPS, namely being able to Judo Throw multiple opponents in 1 second as long as they are adjacent to each other or the character? Preferably in a cheaper way than just getting lots of extra attacks and in a reliable way to Judo Throw at least 3 people before negatives cripple him.

Video example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhRWplIsRxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gJSGhp2b9c
>>
>>44148061
Trained by a Master halves penalties for Rapid Strike, and in cinematic games, Rapid Strike is uncapped; it becomes -6 per extra attack (-3 with TbaM) instead of a flat -6 for attacking twice.

The penalty you'll take on every attack roll that round should you try and Grab+Throw *all* of them in a single turn is [[ 3+(# of targets after the first)*6 ]]. Note that's WITH TbaM. The final penalty doubles if you're just some schlub.
>>
>>44148209
So, just to grab an extra guy, I need to take -9 on all attacks? Crazy stuff.
>>
>>44148349
Not just grab. Grabbing someone and throwing someone are two distinct actions that normally take up your entire one-second turn. To do this would normally take 4 seconds.
Turn 1: Grab Dude A
Turn 2: Throw Dude A
Turn 3: Grab Dude B
Turn 4: Throw Dude B

You're trying to squish about 4 seconds of action into a single second. Looking at the video, even Snake takes about one second per dude. For something like this, you'd be better off buying Grab+Throw as a Combination (Martial Arts p. 80) to get a penalty-free one-second grab n' toss move. The fact that no one is attacking Snake while he molests one of their buddies is because MGS is a very cinematic setting, and if you were translating it to tabletop, you'd have campaign options like Melee Etiquette turned on to keep mooks from dogpiling the heroes.

Yeah, trying to grab and toss more than one person in under a second is getting a little out of MGS territory and more into MGR.
>>
>>44148434
I see, thanks.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.