[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #615: It's Raining Now and Forever Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44097257
>>
>>44113604
I rather use it sometimes in different manner.

MAKE MY WAIFU GROOOOOOOOW!
>>
>>44115072
Just get a Zentradi anon.
>>
Giving up the Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya jump for adoption or something. Only picked it up out of a sense of obligation and I've realised there's plenty of ways to do it without using the supplement. It's not fun working on it so I thought I'd let someone else have a crack at it if they want.

I'd appreciate if anyone who does pick it up doesn't refer to the Servant Supplement, but if you have to at least talk with me first.
>>
>>44115152
Why limit oneself to only having Waifus of that size or of that type?
>>
>>44115517
Oh joy, jump never. This thread is just nothing but people fiddling with old crap and throwing out projects after they spent months blocking anyone else from working on it lately.

Also if you're putting things up for adoption there's usually something uploaded to adopt.
>>
Why is 'If the Emperor Had a Text To Speech Device' in WIP?
>>
File: beagreatshark.jpg (181 KB, 1132x587) Image search: [Google]
beagreatshark.jpg
181 KB, 1132x587
>>44115554
Nobody's stopping you from making new jumps or obliged to cater to you in particular, man. Be the change you want for the future! Don't let your dreams be dreams!
>>
>>44115578
Because it's pretty poor and barely a jump to begin with.

>>44115554
Then do something about it and work on it if you hate everyone that much.
>>
>>44115578
Because it's crap and the guy who made it never bothered to talk to the thread.
>>
>>44115608
But anon, that's too difficult. He'd rather just bitch at everybody, as that requires no effort.
>>
Well since there isn't an Eclipse Phase jump, is there any other options for cortical stack backup and resleeving (basically saving someone's mind and giving them a new body)? Not for me, I want to be able to bring back my beastmen army from the dead/give them updated bodies in jump.

The only idea as to how is to use Real Eater and switch Enhanced I.C Chips to fleshy bits instead of metal. Not sure if that's the correct use of Real Eater though.
>>
>>44115578
I'm not sure myself. I heard something about it being a powergrab and something about how any risk whatsoever would be entirely fanwanked and how the Emperor fixes everything with his psychic powers anyway and I just kinda out after a while.

Personally I can't think of much to do in that jump anyway.
>>
>>44115608
I am. Doesn't mean you people blocking other people from making jumps when they wanted to then months later dropping it anyway after that person is gone and interested has evaporated entirely isn't disgusting and fucked up.

>>44115638
Eat shit, you're the only one in this conversation to never make jumps.
>>
>>44115648
Really then. State one jump you've made motherfucker and I might respect you.

Until then you're just another bitchy little simp trying to have things his way.
>>
Someone last thread mentioned inner world perks.
Could someone point me to a few?
>>
>>44115671
>Please tell me what you made so I can shit on it.
Nope.
>>
>>44115638
I ain't even mad, to be honest. Having opportunities to reference Shia amuses me.

Having taken a look at JoJo-has anyone been to the eras that aren't Parts 1-3? If so, how'd it go? There's some mighty scary people out there.
>>
File: The fries needed this.jpg (55 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
The fries needed this.jpg
55 KB, 590x393
>>44115648
Calm down, mang. Out of curiosity, what jumps are you making? inb4 'fuck you not telling'
>>
>>44115688
Dunno, 1-3 are the most well known because of the animes so we might see some take 4 with the new anime coming out. Think a fair few people have also gone for SBR, since that's one of the best known ones of the manga.
>>
>>44115713
Did you not read the entire conversation yet or
>>
>>44115688
I went to Steel Ball Run. It was fun. I rode horses, fought the President of the United States, and made a martial arts style out of throwing dinosaurs at people just to mess with Diego Brando.
>>
>>44115680
Gunnerkrigg Court, Your Own Little World. Discount Magic Student.

>>44115684
So you can talk the talk but you can't walk the walk, and you'd rather just scream at people.

You vaunt yourself as some superior being by being a jumpmaker and then you won't even nut up and give us what you've worked on? You know who uses tactics like that?

American politicians.
>>
File: 55135636.jpg (82 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
55135636.jpg
82 KB, 400x400
>>44115763
>>
>>44115648
1. I don't make jumps. Nor do I feel particularly resentful for other people chosing to update their own work when they aren't even really obliged to do anything except for funsies. It's a frickin' imaginary choice adventure game thing, not something worth throwing a fit about.

2. I realise the precariousness of your position (assuming you're being truthful), but I also trust you realise the irony of making a claim you can't/won't prove.

>>44115645
I think Cortex Command, Alpha Centauri, Lord of Light, Sly Cooper, Biomega, Five Star Stories and Cortex Command have similar technology?
>>
>>44115763
>you can't walk the walk,
Six and counting. Where are yours?

And no, I never vaunted myself as superior. Where did you get that from? The person dragging "You're not a jumpmaker so you can't criticize them!" into this was someone else, and mentioning that I was is only a counter to that idea.
>>
>>44115763
I'd rather not go too deeply down the /pol/ hole, but suffice to say I can state definitively that however bad your politicians are, over in China ours are far worse.

Because at least yours have to pay lip serice to freedom of press.

>>44115760
Nice. Knowing Diego I'd imagine he'd counter by making dinosaurs harder to pick up and throw or at least less aerodynamic. It's not like his Stand bound by paleontological accuracy after all.
>>
>>44115645
Go to Biomega. It's got a perk specifically for making backups of people. Alternatively, Battle Angel Alita has that tech and you could probably start with knowledge of it if you maxed out the Doctor perk tree. Finally, Lord of Light doesn't use that terminology, but it's clear from how it's presented that the reincarnation tech is essentially the same thing.
>>
>>44115688
Speaking of Jojo's other parts.

It was said that you survive the world reset by Made in Heaven if you don't get killed by it, in terms of jumping, that true?
>>
>>44115763
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>44115793
All we're hearing is claims and no evidence.
>>
>>44115793
>Six and counting.

And I can claim I've made about thirty or so, and it'll be just as substantial as your own claim. Not at all.
>>
>>44115554
>Sword and Sorcery
>Fallen London
>>
>>44115645
Cortex Command jump, for all your brain-in-a-jar and brain-backup needs. Or the Futurama jump, if you don't mind crack-tech.
>>
>>44115773
>>44115839
Thank you based anons.
>>
>>44115857
>>44115854
Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that this is just a strategy to get ammo. Can't stand having someone who isn't stupid enough to let you keep an identity to attack?
>>
>>44115845
I...don't know, anon. I don't think it was ever clarified, and I believe most precautions boil down to "hide in the warehouse" from some dimly rememebred conversations back in the day.

>>44115854
>>44115857
Look, all of you-it's clear he's just being an obnoxious prick about his opinion.

Can we please not? There's nothing to be gained from this conversation other than a harvest of salt vaster than the Dead Sea.
>>
>>44115845
Jojo told me that herself.
>>
>>44115845
General consensus is that if you duck and cover in your warehouse, you'll wind up in the era of Pillar Men and FABULOUS dinosaurs.
>>
>>44115862
>Generic
>Last thing made in like a month.
>>
>>44115906
Oh, alright. Nevermind, dismiss >>44115895 because I must've missed that exchange.

Hmm. I don't suppose whether Araki has ever definitely said if Gold Experience Requiem could let Giorno survive Made in Heaven?
>>
>>44115845
Made in Heaven wasn't actually even meant to kill people in the series. Also I do remember something about fabulous dinosaurs.
>>
>>44115880
And your strategy is what... starting shit?

Five posts in and you were blanket-brushing everyone with a paint-roller you dunked in your toilet. You have no high-ground.

>>44115906
... You know, this is not meant to be insult to you, but the way that read to me was like one of those loonies who claim they heard from God or the aliums.

Thank you for that laugh even if you didn't mean it.

>>44115941
No claims one way or another.
>>
>>44115921
>>44115942
>fabulous dinosaurs

I don't even remember this in canon JoJo. What's this about fabulous dinosaurs? What's next, the Flintstones but with Pillar Men?
>>
>>44115793
Pro-tip: making jumps isn't a numbers game, and there's really no sense in counting.
>>
File: senpai.png (68 KB, 850x420) Image search: [Google]
senpai.png
68 KB, 850x420
>>44115793
> Six and counting. Where are yours?
> No name, no evidence, nothing to prove your claims.
> I'm a Nigerian prince
>>
>>44115959
It was something Jojo said, I think it might have been a joke that if you survive made in heaven that you end up with dinosaurs, but I don't recall.
>>
Does anyone know any chi-based superpowers that grow and manipulate plant life, but that are teachable? I want to use Temple of Thought from Bimbogami to fuse it with chakra from Naruto, then start teaching everyone my Frankensteined Wood Release and make Orochimaru feel like a chump. I know that Hamon can manipulate plant life, technically, but that never seemed to be the focus of anyone who could do it so I don't think it's the best to base anything in.
>>
>>44115959
It was an excuse for the Jumper not being reset by the cosmic reset Stand.
>>
>>44115958
My strategy is to express frustration with the near lack of new content and all of these people chiming in to drop projects they claimed before because we know that means the setting is never getting a jump. Especially after their claim has been used to discourage someone else from making the jump before, since that amounts to them having cheated us out of actually getting the jump from someone. There is no higher goal here.
>>
>>44115937
Unless you made something that you secretly uploaded, it's more than you've done. Seriously, what do you think is going to happen here? You're not part of the solution, just part of the problem.
>>
>>44115958
Really I just wonder if Jesus will ever be explained, and what that implies about Pucci and DIO's original plans.
>>
>>44115959
It was a joke from way back when, that given the environmental pressures of having the Pillar Men around it would make sense for prehistoric fauna to have evolved to be fabulous. It's the only way they could remain competitive.
>>
>>44116007
I've made six, so no. It's even numerically less than I've done.
>>
>>44115921

So you don't end up in part seven or the other universe that that kid ends up in, you end up in the past with Pillarmen?

Now, by Pillarmen, do you mean their civilization, including their women?
>>
>>44116029
Nononono. You end up IN that same universe.

But in that universe's age of their own pillar-men equivalents and dinosaurs.
>>
>>44115608
But he better not make that jump in a way that pisses Valeria or any other of the regulars off imarite?
>>
>>44116009
Considering that Araki worked on the Eyes of Heaven jojo game and he himself designed the new Dio and his World Over Heaven... That might provide some more info, no?
>>
>>44115793
>>44116027
Oooooh, you made a whole six, complete, super-secret imaginary jumps! That's, like, half a dozen!

I'm totally awed by this! Truly, I can do nothing to contest your claim and must bow to your creative might!

All of the above is sarcasm, in the case you didn't notice yet.
>>
>>44116068
Everyone noticed anon, kinda hard to miss the village idiot trying to be clever.
>>
>>44116049
Would Pillarmen be instead vulnerable to Spin there, while also having no defense against Hamon due to its lack in that universe?

If by that same universe you mean the one after Made in Heaven recreated it and not the universe you were just in before it recreated it.

Now, how do people make custom stands for Jojo jump without stand supplement?
>>
>>44116005
>express frustration

I've seen that strategy used in the past. On sites other than 4chan, even. It has never done anything except alienate the people they're trying to motivate. There's such a thing as negative reinforcement, after all.

>we know that means the setting is never getting a jump

Nonsense. We ended up getting Bastion. We ended up getting Dark Souls. And I'll thank you not to speak on my behalf.

>discourage

While I disagree with your methods and the specifics of your opinion, I must confess I harbor a bit of frustration at how long Rebuild of Evangelion has taken.

In all fairness, I suppose it's quite likely the final Rebuild will turn up something shocking enough to merit the wait.
>>
>>44116089
The Part 7 Equivalent to pillarmen are rock people with no genitals. They've come up before in the latest part I believe.
>>
>>44115793
I've done 417 Jumps and you don't see me parading it around.
>>
>>44116089
Wing it, run it past people, try to avoid GER-tier bullshit.

We drove JoJo off so that's all we can do.

And before you ask: No, nobody will accept a more recent one out of respect for JoJo's memory. Not even if it were blessed by Araki himself.
>>
>>44116102
>Motivate
Am I meant to be motivating someone?

>Dark Souls
Was handed off person to person. Not just dropped entirely.

>Methods
I don't have methods. Your mistake is that I have a goal. I don't. I'm frustrated, and I expressed it. Every other post is you people dragging me into an argument because of it.
>>
>>44116089
Pick a song. Pick an effect. Combine the two for fun.
>>
File: baitofbabylon.jpg (113 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
baitofbabylon.jpg
113 KB, 625x626
>>44116055
You're implying so many implications that you're clearly not even the guy I responded to, and are just fishing for a response.

I'll give an honest one: Stuff gets posted in the thread for final checkup and such, so even if your attempt at implying factionalism was accurate it wouldn't be relevant. Which is overlooking that I've heard this song and dance before, and it's getting tedious to dismiss it yet again.

>>44116089
That seems quite likely.

As for making custom stands-with imagination, flair and creativity mostly.
>>
>>44116141
I don't know, Araki posting in /jc/ would be pretty awesome. If he wanted to make a Jojo jump, I wouldn't say no.
>>
Yeah tell him to make the jump like he wants it....Until he does and then you all will simply bitch at the quality of his jump to get him to leave.

Simply put, you all want to control the conversation, not actually encourage a new jump.
>>
>>44115988
Would the Narnian Time perk from Chronicles Of Narnia help with that at all?
>Second, you find yourself extremely resistant to temporal shenanigans. Attempts to cast you adrift in time and space will end up sending you someplace mildly inconvenient. Attempts to freeze you in an endless moment will simply slow you down. Attempts to assassinate your pregnant grandmother will result in very awkward family reunions.
>>
>>44116182
I don't want you defending me, you used this to shitpost last thread an I am loathe to have you use any of my posts, as bitchy and argumentative as they are, to do it again.
>>
File: image.png (185 KB, 428x417) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185 KB, 428x417
>>44115959
>>
>>44116185
It should, that's the sort of thing that perk is meant to defend against. You'd just wind up "someplace mildly inconvenient". So, I don't know, Milwaukee.
>>
>>44116202
That dino isn't posing so it isn't a fabulous dinosaur.
>>
>>44116198
Considering I wasn't in the last thread I have no fucking idea what you are talking about. I haven't even looked at it yet.
>>
File: determined.png (333 KB, 680x1039) Image search: [Google]
determined.png
333 KB, 680x1039
>>44116152
You know what?

Fair enough.

You want people to know you're pissed? I think we've got that message loud and clear, just as you're clearly sensible enough to realise venting won't get you what you want on a silver platter.

I'll pretend you aren't ignoring Bastion because I too see no merit in continuing this exchange.

>>44116159
Or a Tarot card. Or an Egyptian deity, if you're a fan of the classics.
>>
>>44116234
I don't buy that considering that exact view was posted there multiple times. Unless that was the thread before that.

>>44116239
I didn't mention Bastion because I have no idea what happened with it and thus can't speak on it.

And yes, if someone doesn't want to make something they're not going to do it. It can't be forced.
>>
>>44116185
I dunno, it does provide resistance as opposed to complete immunity. At least, not something I'd put my trust in to save me alone from a universal restructuring.

>>44116220
On the one hand, it was created by the alternate counterpart of one of the most fabulous people in JoJo.

On the other hand, that man is significantly less fabulous than the original, mainly because he's too busy horseracing and backstabbing to pose much.

>>44116182
And you aren't?
>>
>>44116273
Bastion got dropped by multiple people, at one point it was considered cursed, which may have more to do with one anon's laptop exploding or catching fire. Anyway the jump got made after many people abandoned one after another.
>>
What's your best power combo fellow jumpers
>>
File: image.png (233 KB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.png
233 KB, 800x1100
>>44116220
This count?
>>
>>44116168
>You're implying so many implications that you're clearly not even the guy I responded to,

Actually I outright stated I wasn't the same guy when I called him "he" granted that was an assumption on said poster's gender, but if you think that's "implying" you need to go back to school.

>I'll give an honest one: Stuff gets posted in the thread for final checkup and such, so even if your attempt at implying factionalism was accurate it wouldn't be relevant.

Accept it is both accurate and relevant, you guys try to shut down any criticism of certain individuals by bringing up the fact that anyone can make a jump...and will probably switch the argument to how much he sucks when he doesn't do what you wanted with said Jump.
>>
>>44115986
Lifebending from Avatar. Just grab the Bending Scroll thst makes you able to teach new people bending.

>>44116027
Not recently. I don't care if you're CCDT or stupid dog, unless you're working on a Jump now you are part of the problem you're complaining about.
>>
>>44116324
I'd say all's well that ends well but...I do recall some very intense arguments back in the day.

Probably best not to dwell on the bad times too much.

>>44116159
Yo, I was just curious-I know Nihei likes to carry over recurring things in his works. Bears, biomechanical horrors, a certain electronics company, creepy-cute girls.

I was wondering-does Biomega have the graviton beam technology of Blame! fame?
>>
>>44116324
Well, I still doubt that one exception disproves the rule. Until I see more of these killed jumps being revived than just that, then I'm going to continue assuming a death is a death.
>>44116377
I am.
>>
>>44116273
>I don't buy that considering that exact view was posted there multiple times. Unless that was the thread before that.

I can see why you wouldn't want to believe what I say in that circumstance I must admit. So feel free to believe it if you must.

It's not true though unfortunately, my own observation would be multiple people are noticing the same issues and talking about it. But I can see how a same-fagger would say the same thing. So you will believe what you want.
>>
>>44116343
I don't necessarily agree, but I don't feel like putting effort into debating with someone who's doing nothing but complain and expect to be listened to absolutely.

Can I ask: Do you honestly expect anyone to listen? Do you honestly think people will say "Golly anon you're right, thank you for showing me the error of my ways!" when all you've done is leveled some insults and ignored the fact that me and others were just helping someone brainstorm for Transistor jump a thread ago?

I've given plenty of critique to Red, CCDT, Dirge, Babylon Guy and others without either resorting to ad hominems or sugarcoating what I thought were underlying issues.

So I dismiss your statement as inaccurate and irrelevent.
>>
>>44116408
So am I. So stop bitching and work, fucktard.
>>
>>44116404
The long barrel variant of the MC's emitter is a weaker variant of the Safeguard's GBE. Penetration distance only goes into the upper stratosphere. (from sea level firing altitude to maybe 50 - 60ft above sea level)

The standard handgun variant that doesn't use the long barrel attachment doesn't have much penetration depth, it focuses more on transferring as much kinetic energy as quickly as possible, so judging from how it's used it's more like a shotgun.

It's AU, so the technology is never explicitly named, the only connection between the two worlds is TOHA's Jump Reactor. NOiSE had a better explanation for the GBE's origins (the GBS).
>>
I've been wondering about Drakengard: Assume things go terribly wrong, and you somehow find yourself in the middle of Ending D's end battle.

How, exactly, does it occur? Do you perceive a literal rhythem game happening? Or do you get more comprehensible energy attacks and stuff?

I've been wondering the same about MOTHER's potential encounter with Giygas but then again you cannot grasp the true form, etc.
>>
>>44116528
Ah, I see, thanks. I must be misremembering the graviton beam emitter being namedropped; I may be confusing it with a throwaway line about Sidonia S2's Higgs particle cannons.

May I ask how Blame! is coming along? I'm sorry if it seems like I'm impatient, I'm just super psyched because of how unique the setting is compared to many others in the chain.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but you were also doing a Makai Kingdom jump right?

Finally, I was just curious-where'd you get the idea for Synthesis Items? Is it a lore thing for the jumps they're part of?
>>
>>44116206
Okay, cool.
>>44116306
So... pic-related?
>Well... fuck. This ain't even Kansas, nevermind Milwaukee.
>>
>>44116677
Sounds like a best case scenario, really. Remember that guy with the invincible shield Stand who got stranded under the river until he Kars'd? Or Kars' own final fate.

Your best chance'd probably be finding the local iteration of Funny Valentine and convincing him you can be useful if he sent you to the Root World.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1280x1566) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1280x1566
Ok so in honor of Ol' Blue Eye's 100th b-day (Sinatra), I was thinking of making a Sinatra stand.

Anyone got any suggestions?
>>
>>44116672
Sidonia's Higgs Particle Cannons have the most uhh..."scientific" background. But it's not as significant of a plot device as the GBE is. Most people call the gun in Biomega the GBE because it has no explicit name, and the functions are "about the same". The difference really lies in that Biomega's main firearm has solid ammunition rounds, but can fire particle rounds as well, whereas the GBE is strictly gravitons.

Blame and Makai Kingdom are. sorta moving along. I'm at a bit of a low point motivation wise, kinda just muddling around while handling stuff IRL. Don't really feel like releasing something halfassed, don't feel really satisfied with what I have.

Synthesis Items are always drawn from lore. I experimented with the idea of making a feasible build strictly around an item in XIV and liked the concept, so I retained it in the rest of the last batch. Arland's two synthesis items were tied to the things you do in game (Gathering and Alchemy). XIV, the Estate is basically the "end game item" of prestige in some sense. Dissidia's Gateways were a part of the overworld and represented the fragmented nature of World B. GSS's Nature Sanctuary was tied to the Henge and the cultural notions of spirits having their own domains - whereas the apartment was based off of some friends of mine that still live in Japan.

I don't think it's something I'll add to every jump, but when it fits I'll put it in from time to time.
>>
>>44116771
Someone to watch over me: tag a person you now have the ability to observe them with clairvoyance.
Got the world on a string:You can create links between objects with superstrong strings,This does not reinforce These items merely tie them together.
>>
>>44116771
...why post Vivec when talking about Sinatra.

Anyway. Call it Old Blue Eyes, of course. High Range, medium Durability, probably low precision

And-I'm thinking ice power, where the freeze effect starts at the center of a single physical body or area and radiates outwards. Don't ask me why, might just be the late night here.
>>
>>44116582
The games aren't toooo rhythm gamey, no guitar hero esque button presses, so I'd imagine they'd mostly look the same in jump if you were to witness it. Weird but with what the boss is, it's meant to be weird. Same with Drakengard 1's version of that boss.

I guess an explanation for it could be that the dragon is basically countering the beasts attacks and turning it's energy against itself. Honestly up to you in the end though.
>>
>>44116771
Anything Goes. Gives you soft physics, slipping through an opening that you shouldn't fit through, treating a sword like a club, a club like a sword. Drop coins into key holes like they are vending machines.
>>
>>44116841
Huh. Interesting.

Sorry to hear, I just wanted you to know-I was stoked hearing about Blame! months ago and I'ma stay stoked until it comes out. Well, that and after all the kinks get ironed out of course, you know how it is.

Neat. I was wondering if you and Red had compared notes at some point since I noticed Red's Customisation Tables employ a similar concept

>>44116892
Lovely. I rather like the idea of being caught smack dab in the middle of a litrtsl eldritch rhythem game. A shame I jumped Elite Beat Angels so late, eh?
>>
Minecraft, Terraria, Goat Simulator, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and Fate/ if you take a Gate of Babylon.

What other jumps give the option to get 'Inventory' space?
>>
>>44116886
It was my only SFW picture I have besides frogs.
>>
>>44116957
Don't know whether EBE would really help. It's not actually meant that the Grotesqueries die if you do some sick beats in front of them, just that's how the game represents the fight that'd otherwise be very hard to understand for mere mortals.
>>
>>44116945
>Soft Physics
>Wildbow's Law has been invoked

I'm sorry, d'you mean the Worm perk or something else?

>>44116976
Drakengard does have the weapon wheel thing?

I think FF7 and at least one of the other FFs (FF10 or 12?) has one too.

Also from Fate (I think?), Anti-Spiral's brought up something called Imaginary Numbers when asked about storage space in the past but I don't know much about that
>>
>>44116957
Fun fact: I stole the idea of customization tables from dirge. His jump ideas are really good so I figured I'd emulate him just a bit. Theeeen it kind of got out of hand when capstone boosters got tossed in there.
>>
>>44117032
>Only SFW picture relating to Sinatra
Dude, he's not THAT sexy.
>>
File: accused.jpg (177 KB, 746x713) Image search: [Google]
accused.jpg
177 KB, 746x713
>>44117032
I'm...not sure how to respond to that!

Let this generic anime girl express my confusion after you've posted plenty of SFW stuff in the past!

Did your hard drive melt or something?

>>44117034
I'm (mostly) kidding. Partying hard in the background while Caim & Grostquerie!Zero duke it out seems funny.
>>
>>44116976
I know Evermore has a perk and a couple items which are basically specialized bags of holding.
>>
>>44116957
I think customization tables have always been in the meta in one form or another, though I'd have no clue who "did it first". Generally I like working out new mechanics to put in to jumps, though for the majority of the last batch I've largely been pushing harder on scenarios/items/companion mechanics.
>>
>>44116976
Borderlands has an inventory item, if it helps. You could probably load a couple of them up then drop them in your other inventory perks.

Same with bags of holding from D&D and expanded space bags/containers from Harry Potter, as well as a few jumps like Pokémon and Doctor Who.

Also Ratchet and Clank tech might let you carry a lot of things by shrinking them, or whatever is actually done to let you carry stuff in that game.
>>
>>44117089
Deleted most them off my phone. Was tired of searching through sea of smut.
>>
File: blankstare.gif (823 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
blankstare.gif
823 KB, 500x343
>>44117046
That explains everything.

I wonder if someday, Dirge will release a jump with a mega-expensive capstone booster for thematics 'n stuff. I mean, he does have the occasional 800 CP perks but it's not quite the same thing.

Oh well. Whatever happens, all our CP will be lost like tears in the rain.

>>44117164
Also I was holding off on the Anti-Spiral pics for now since at the moment there's nothing terribly relevant to my Jumper, but this is a pretty accurate for me trying to contemplate such a selection of saucy Sinatras.

>>44117127
Also now that I think about it-my earliest memory of there being one probably lies in Soul Eater. There were a few other things kinda like it in early shounen jumps. Ish?
>>
>>44116976
Another item is the Wakfu haven bag. Not sure if you can get more for companions though.
>>
>>44116771
Strangers In The Night: Allows you to alter the recognition of those around you to make it feel like they've known a complete stranger forever or their loved ones like they just met at an airport.

Luck Be A Lady: Control over fortune and misfortune in a surrounding area. Possibly drains the luck of others in it's radius.

Rat Pack: Allows you to form a fellowship of a few other stands. Can call them to your side and borrow their abilities when in range to a lesser degree.

Under My Skin: Allows you to flesh surf and manipulate flesh. Lunno.
>>
>>44116976
Raildex teleportation allows you to teleport items directly from your warehouse
>>
File: infinity.jpg (58 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
infinity.jpg
58 KB, 750x600
>>44117145
Now I'm wondering if any jumper's managed to figure out a way to put themselves in their own inventory space.
>>
>>44117189
>I wonder if someday, Dirge will release a jump with a mega-expensive capstone booster for thematics 'n stuff

Despite the wild claims of people like Red and Worm, I'm very nice and gentle when it comes to CP and no one should ever feel like there isn't enough CP when it comes to my jumps. Total truth.

800 perks are always a pain to design. Dissidia's 800 was probably about as far as I was willing to go with them.

I think, the real difference was that in a lot of the earlier jumps the whole idea of customization was a bit less developed, and with settings like shounen people were largely focused on the idea of grabbing specific perks for power. The focus on a lot of jumps is probably 70% perk/30% other. I'd like to ideally make jumps where a companion build is just as feasible as an item build, just as feasible as a scenario build, etc.
>>
>>44117246
Easy. Go to sleep for a few hours. Wake up, use time turner to less time than you were asleep for. Put your sleeping self in an inventory that can hold you. Make sure you put yourself back before you wake up so you don't knock yourself out of time or something.
>>
File: 1236043634340.jpg (22 KB, 240x306) Image search: [Google]
1236043634340.jpg
22 KB, 240x306
>>44117307
>espite the wild claims of people like Red and Worm, I'm very nice and gentle when it comes to CP and no one should ever feel like there isn't enough CP when it comes to my jumps. Total truth.
>mfw
>>
Alright gang.
I need as many clockwork tech jumps as possible for a themed build
>>
I wonder have any jumpers here ever got any sort of piece of wisdom from a character in a Jump. Maybe from Jolee Bindo, A master from Wuxia, or perhaps a piece of wisdom from a Villain?
Did you ever take that piece of wisdom to heart or did you disregard it? Have you ever shared any wisdom you've learned to someone?
>>
>>44117424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
>>
File: AntiSpiral231232.jpg (54 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
AntiSpiral231232.jpg
54 KB, 600x836
>>44117246
Well, we do like to have fun by using our Video Conduit powers and Applied Energistics tech to digitise ourself and jump into a virtual world where we can program the surroundings. And by modding Masterball tech to be Minecraft-compatible, it's a viable response if we ever find the materium of the local jump too boring.

It makes for some intense online RP experiences. Especially when you can punch Those Guys over the internet.

>>44117476
Sly Cooper
Wakfu
SCP if you dare get involved with the Church of the Broken Gear
Maybe Fallen London
Girl Genius
Thief
>>
Are there any perks that allow you to jump between different universes that exist in universe?

...yeah, that's not a confusing sentence.
Let me explain. I'm going to DC soon, and my number one goal is to collect DNA samples of powerful beings such as Doomsday and Superman. To get the most bang for my buck, I have to go the universe/time of when they are their strongest. However, not only might that be spread across multiple verses, but I might not want to spend 10 years in a universe for a goal that shouldn't take more than 1 year to accomplish when I know there are more relaxing and fun versions. Like the all female superhero/villain universe.
>>
>>44117476
Age of Ice, go Mechanos, be clockpunk king of the aethiests.
>>
>>44117476
I believe one of the warcraft jumps has a perk that allows you to convert electronics to gears and steam.
>>
>>44117585
Age of ice?
>>
>>44117628
That's in Thief.

Warcraft 3 just has Hero abilities, and World of Warcraft has exactly jack and/or shit regarding anything except classes.
>>
>>44116495
>Can I ask: Do you honestly expect anyone to listen? Do you honestly think people will say "Golly anon you're right, thank you for showing me the error of my ways!"

And do you? Or is merely the fact others agree with you here that keeps you talking at all? Do you honestly have to realy on people agreeing with you to continue to talk here?

>I've given plenty of critique to Red

Didn't we just have several people blast the other guy for making claims without evidence?

And prehaps you did, that doesn't mean you haven't turn things around and attacked other jump makers after encouraging them to make jumps.

>So I dismiss your statement as inaccurate and irrelevent.

Too bad you have no authority or rational argument from which to do so.
>>
File: 1444801570509.png (18 KB, 411x293) Image search: [Google]
1444801570509.png
18 KB, 411x293
>>44117424
> You making Resident Evil so fucking hard to piss away my points and take maximum pain drawbacks.

People in glass houses, Red.
>>
>>44117676
Also known as "Fall From Heaven". It's in its own sub-folder in the unimaged jumps folder. Check it out, it's pretty good.
>>
>>44117677
There's professions.

However outside of them WoW the game is pretty sparce in what it gives.
>>
>>44117677
>300cp – Mechanical Tinkering, discount Goblin. Your gut feeling extends to machines, and you get a sense of how to build and improve machines. For pure cosmetic effect, you may also turn machines into clockwork contraptions.
>>
>>44117570
Teen Titans has one for half-demons, but it needs you to know where those universes are, however the fuck that works.

Worm has a power and an item that lets you travel the local multiverse freely.

I keep hearing about Asura Cryin having multiverse stuff, so you might want to look at that.
>>
>>44117676
It's listed as Fall from Heaven because Captain Brutus keeps forgetting to change the name.
>>
>>44117570
If you only need a DNA sample, you could always try your luck with Tears from Bioshock Infinite
>>
>>44117570
Shadow ops has a magic school that lets you go to alternate realities and sub-realms, Worm has a super power and a device that will letr you go to nearby mirror worlds.
>>
>>44117746
>600cp - Builder's Children – In your dreams the Builder came to you, and gave you a blueprint. This is just a portion of his divine knowledge written down in complex mathematical formulas and Hammerite. It takes a few nights to unravel, but when you do, you have the knowledge on how to build machines that are centuries ahead, technologically wise. These include near indestructible semi-autonomous robots, automatous turrets, security camera, scuba gear, auto loading crossbows, and more. With enough time and resources you can make most Modern day technology (2015) with steam, cogs, and other assortments. It is truly a Metal Age.
>>
>>44117773
To be fair the game mod is, I believe, called Fall From Heaven. Age of Ice is the main part in which the jump takes place
>>
>>44117570
I don't remember if it was changed, but GI Joe had a perk to allow you to go into a different timeline...or something. It was kind of confusing.
>>
>>44117828
I think anon was intending to point out clockwork stuff in WoW, not Thief
>>
>>44117527
I'm taking the One More Thing "drawback" from Jackie Chan Adventures, so I expect to receive plenty. Mostly about how foolish I am.
>>
>>44117746
... Alright, I must've missed that one. I'll concede that point.

>>44117739
>pretty sparse

Only if you paid attention to the character creation screen and the talent trees, and nothing else. You have an entire world that expanded massively every expansion, entire species to draw traits and skills from, events, questlines, storylines, and you chose to ignore all of that.

The excuse only works if it's the truth.

And y'know what, because I know your defenders are going to come out of the woodwork? I'll say this now - if I had been around /jc/ before WoW was made, I would've made it, and I'll even have the alcohol-driven arrogance to say that I would've made it better.
>>
>>44117906
>expanded massively every expansion,

Reiterating on this point: With the exception of Warlords of Draenor.

Batshit insane time-travelling plots.
>>
>>44117906
Anon, I...dunno how long you've been here but. I don't think there's many people who defend how Manny made WoW.

Heck, you should've been there when it first came out. People jumped all over him for things like being unable to do anything during the jump outside of your class abilities.
>>
>>44117840
A crap sack alternate universe though. It gives you a companion if you wanted one though could get your dna that way. But its supposed to be a bad universe to go in.
>>
>>44117906
I think everybody can see how they would have done a jump differently, and I can agree that if I had picked up WoW for some unfathomable reason I would have probably ended up making it like XIV. But that would be, a completely different beast, with its own set of problems. Just as there'll be XIV diehards out there who will look at the XIV jump and find it lacking. That's just a part of a jumpmaker's style y'know, everyone has their own faults and qualities.

Many gave it an honest effort anyhow, and if you were so inclined on it, couldn't you just do Hearthstone or something?
>>
>>44117997
>Hearthstone

... Wouldn't that one just be WoW but cards?

Like, wouldn't you theoretically just make a different WoW jump but with a Yu-Gi-Oh approach?
>>
>>44117986
Only gives you a companion in GI Joe. After that you need to use a pod.
>>
>>44118029
In-canon it's more like you're in WoW but you're sitting at a pub playing card games with other patrons.
>>
>>44116976
You can get the gates of Babylon?
>>
>>44118081
An empty one yes.
>>
>>44118046
So literally - WoW, Yu-Gi-Oh approach.

>>44118081
Servant Supplement, A++ rank Noble Phantasm.

You have to fill it yourself, as having one already chock-full of existing Noble Phantasms would be far more than EX.
>>
>>44118046
...that sounds like it'd make for some hilarious drawbacks.

>yfw Archimonde and Kil'jaedon sit down and challenge you to a D-D-D-DUEL

>>44118081
I think it was more you can get storage Noble Phantasms but-yeah, what >>44118090 said. Not Gil's actual GoB. That'd probably be awkward.
>>
>>44118104
Doesn't Gundam have a similar jump for its' own lore? Build Fighters, I believe it was called.
>>
>>44117906
Most that shit you can do without me putting it in the jump. The idea of the jump isn't to emulate all of WoW, but to give you a head start. You're essentially a "level 1" or Noob. You have to fill in your own blanks as to what quests you do, what more you find out. I put in the classes and races that were playable.

I didn't feel like going in and playing WoW to simulate your questing from Mankirks wife to defeating the Burning Legion. If you wanted a generic Warcraft setting then WoW isn't there for that.
>>
>>44118038

Gives you a companion, you have to pod them to keep them yes.
>>
>>44118104
So any weapon I have will repair it self and return after being fired ?
>>
>>44118183
That's a separate Noble Phantasm that Gilgamesh has.
>>
>>44116976
Doom has hammerspace weapons and FT has Reequip, which allows you to treat your whole wearhouse as a summonable inventory.
>>
>>44118104
Speaking of Phantasms, it might actually be interesting to see a Carnival Phantasm version of WoW through Hearthstone just for shit and giggles.
>>
>>44118209
In theory, Gil is Batman with all the resources at his disposal

In practice, he's...well, Gilgamesh "I somehow got my ass handed to me in melee by a teenage Japanese boy with brain damage despite being theoretically strong enough to rip off his sword arm by swatting his blade away" of Uruk.
>>
>>44118286
It's more "This kid is basically the exact perfect counter to my main method of fighting and I'm too arrogant to use my strongest weapon against him straight off."
>>
>>44118286
He got into a metaphorical dick measuring contest with a teenager who was empowered by the counter force and had the precise magical specialty of instantly duplicating Gil's metaphorical dicks en masse.
>>
>>44118286
Don't you mean Gilgamesh "I was literally devoured by a little girl because I didn't react fast enough" of Uruk?

To be fair, in Fate route he was up against Saber with full Avalon hax. Even he acknowledge his loss (somewhat) gracefully (by Gil standards, anyway)
>>
>>44118286
Gil has never climed to be the best swordsman.

Also: >>44118316
>>44118328
This.

And you have to give Gil credit, even while half-way into the event horizon of an imploding, wish granting device, he was pulling himself out.
>>
File: laughingchaossisters.jpg (58 KB, 708x954) Image search: [Google]
laughingchaossisters.jpg
58 KB, 708x954
>>44118328
>>44118316
>empowered by the counter force

I didn't remember that part, but-that actually makes a lot of sense. And explains how Shirou could actually fight him in close quarters in the anime at least.

Also I love how CCC reveals Enkidu did something similar by moulding his clay to mimic Gil's barrage-and only managing to stalemate him.

So he's not just salty because a kid is winning a dickmeasuring contest with him

He's salty because said kid is unknowingly implying his waifu is shit
>>
>>44118286
>>44118316
>>44118328
>>44118336
So what I'm seeing here is that its very easy to beat Gil if you are no longer playing the same game.

Hmm. Conceptual checkers anyone?
>>
>>44118375
Actually, Shirou and Emiya are able to take on the skills and stats of the past wielder of some of their weapons to an extent. It's likely what gave Shirou the strength to not get killed by a stray blow from Gil. The Counter Force didn't really have anything do to with FSN beyond sending EMIYA back.
>>
>>44118209
So any way you could replicate it or nah ?
>>
>>44118371
I will say this for Gil: He's so goddamn stubborn it's literally his superpower. It's how he wrassled a real body from Angra Mainyu the first time they tangled.

That said without the Counter Force buffing Sherou AND the natural enemy thing, Servant stats are so godsdamn high compared to humans not HSDW-Reinforced he had no excuse for losing to some kid who isn't even a proper magus.

>>44118380
This. In a warped way, Gil thinks A LOT like a shounen protagonist.

"Baka, you're not elite enough to fight with me!"

"I'm going to call you an idiot but you'll listen to me because I'm king of everything!"
>>
>>44118427
Not sure, there's no detail on it beyond that it exists so we don't know how powerful it is or what rank it'd be.

>>44118437
Again, CF didn't do anything for Shirou or Emiya. It's solely them replicating the past experiences of the weapons they wield.
>>
>>44118420
Oh!

Well...I feel silly now. I thought when he first spawned the blades against Kuzuki and Archer later on was mainly a metaphysical psychic thing, not a literal buff.

>>44118460
Post timers, man. Sorry.
>>
>>44118380
Conceptual chess is best
>>
>>44118473
Nah man, it's all good. With a series like this it's hard to keep things straight
>>
>>44118476
Not as good as conceptual Cards Against Humanity, though
>>
>>44118437
Now I'm imagining meeting up with Gil after certain jumps.

>Post Civ
"...didn't you used to have a beard?"

>Post Fallen London
"Stop throwing diamonds at me you mongrel!"
"Not until you get rid of my nightmares, and where's your hotel gone!"

>Post Final Fantasy
"No, go back to the bonus dungeon, I'm not ready yet!"

>>44118476
Conceptual checkers implies the possibility of more than one king per side. Which I think will rile him up.
>>
>>44118498
Conceptual Cards Against Humanity is only fun until you realize you've seen all the cards before.
>>
>>44118460
Surely it couldn't be higher than c rank or so ?
>>
>>44118589
Who knows? You'd probably need to ask Val to decide on it
>>
>>44118104
Speaking of Gate of Babylon what would an EX rank version of it be like?
>>
>>44118622
Can only imagine it'd just have more space, since that's mostly what it seems to give as is. Maybe let you fire things faster?
>>
>>44118336
To be fair, incarnated or not he's still a servant, so Sakura would one-shot him regardless. And he was, no matter how much he denies, tainted by his first bath in grail mud, so he couldn't pull the 'I'm too arrogant to die!' card a second time.

Damn, Gil's got really awful luck when it comes to bumping into just the right people who can stand up to his shit. Did Tokiomi fuck up his Luck during the summoning or what?
>>
>>44118622
Nigh limitless amount of space and ridiculously large portals ya know for when you want to launch tanks instead of swords
>>
>>44116976
GoatSim update has one!
>>
>>44118642
Not him but considering the canon GoB contains all humanity's past achievements manifested as noble phantasms I'd be baffled at how much bigger the super-GoB would be.

>>44118648
My understanding was rather than being directly corrupted, he had a front seat to humanity's sins and went "ew, fuck everyone on this planet"

Literally summoned in the wrong place and wrong time for the poor bastard. Gil fucking hates the modern world, so of course he's going to try and smash it, burn it to the ground and rule whoever survives, like a Jumper looking upon a setting they despise. Because of how the cosmology of Fate works this induces the world to send some serious shit at him in response.
>>
>>44118589
C-B rank seems fine for it. Doesn't do all that much, just makes it a faster way of retrieving things.

>>44118622
Go from around a town sized space to a city one I guess. I wouldn't go any higher then city at max though. There's not really much else to the GoB beyond space though.
>>
File: the koog.png (187 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
the koog.png
187 KB, 400x400
Not wanting to drag the thread in this direction but what perks are there for happy harem dynamics? I know there's one in Overlord.
>>
>>44118752
And repairing/refilling liquids if I remember correctly
>>
>>44118789
There's one in Sitcom that makes it so that no one minds if you have multiple partners. That's not quite the same thing, but it will definitely help.
>>
>>44118828
Does it? Honestly don't remember that it even repairs things, just retrieves them and that they're tough enough to withstand a lot of damage.
>>
>>44118789
Sekirei has some of the best.

Sitcom has a perk that make sit so people are less upset about how many partners you had.

And Familiar of Zero has one that makes it possible of building a harem with their consent.
>>
>>44118789
Just do a search for Justiceanon. He's probably the most outspoken harem builder and he's listed his waifus the perks he uses to roofie them on a multiple occasions.
>>
>>44118902
That wine bottle he had refilled I believe
>>
>>44118977
Don't believe he did, since it was only shown once at the Feast of Kings. I'd certainly find it more likely that the bottle itself was enchanted then that the Gate automatically refilled it if so however. Servant NP's don't really fix themselves if they get broken somehow, something that makes Emiya's power to freely remake them very notable early on.
>>
>>44119010
Ahh ok thanks
>>
>>44119010
So would that retrieval np be a c or b rank?
>>
>>44119084
C I guess.
>>
Speaking of waifus and waifuing. Did anyone else grab Lulu from FFX or any of the other black mage girls from the FF series? I was always a fan of their character designs.
>>
>>44119010
...going back to EX rank.

Could I use battleships as projectiles?
>>
Could you steal from gilgamesh's gates ?
>>
>>44119175
Uh, probably not? While I guess you could probably fit that into a EX sized one (I think the average city is a few dozen square miles?) it's probably too big to fire as a projectile.
>>
>>44119175
If it fits
>>
>>44119218
Eh, kinda no, kinda yes. You could while in the jump as long as he's present, but once he fades his stuff fades with him even outside of his Gate. You could pod him to keep it along with you though.
>>
>>44119271
Since you're here what's the limit of EX Item Creation?

I was wondering if I could break down items I bought with CP and remaking them into Noble Phantams. Also would studying canon NPs help me create knockoffs of them?
>>
>>44119144
Lulu and Waka are a thing hombre.
>>
>>44119271
Not even if you use conceptual thief stuff from another jump ?
>>
>>44119430
>but once he fades his stuff fades with him even outside of his Gate.
>>
>>44119450
Oh my bad
>>
>>44119381
I said it was able to make up to A rank Noble Phantasms when asked, though that'd take both the needed materials and months of work. IC alone isn't going to let you turn existing things into Noble Phantasms but you can turn things you're building into them. If you melt a sword down and then reforge it into something new I supposed that'd work. Yes for the last one, though some will have been made with methods IC doesn't give you access to, such as anything made by Divine or Fairy means (Excalibur, Avalon, Ea are the most well known examples of such) so you won't always be able to make exact replicas. Shouldn't be impossible to duplicate the effects as long as it's a low enough rank.

>>44119430
The NPs exist because Gil exists, they're summoned as a part of him as a Servant. No Gilgamesh, No Gilgamesh's things. I guess it's possible but it'd take a fair amount of justification for both stealing and how you are keeping them with you.
>>
File: Fear & Loathing In New Vegas.png (420 KB, 739x284) Image search: [Google]
Fear & Loathing In New Vegas.png
420 KB, 739x284
>>44117527
My entire trip in Fallout was stopping, and re-evaluating my life choices. It's the closest I came to just quitting, and I spent time between fixing things where I could and why I kept going. The previous jump was Commoragh where there I didn't bring my Companions, and I couldn't look them in the eye, so I left them out on Fallout too. Never mind the radiation, and how Gaia would react to it. I came out as a Vault Dweller of Vault 21 before House went after it. Spent the first few nights in a stupor between drugs, alcohol, and blackjack to replenish my earnings. After about a week I stumbled out into Freeside, and while fending off muggers in a back alley I stumbled onto a Highwayman in a questionable state of repair. So I cleared out an unused garage and began working on fixing it up just as something to do.

One night from my spot passed out on the steering wheel, I woke up to rummaging noises to my left. While slowly reaching for my cheap 10mm pistol, I spot a figure hunched over my drug stash. When fumbling around in a stupor the figure turns around revealing himself to be wearing aviator shades, a battered safari hat, hawaiian shirt, kahakis cut up into shorts, and well worn sneakers. With a ciggarette behind one ear, a pen in the other, and half of my stash in his arms I just stare not sure if it's the drugs, wild wasteland or both kicking in. The gun forgotten, I roll down the window nubmly and tell him to get in. To our mutual surprise, he does. This is the beginning of how I met Duke, and began our mutual quest for the American Dream and finding my own answers along the way.
>>
>>44119416
>not rescuing Lulu from a top tier dumbass like Waka
>>
>>44119531
I like Waka. So does she. No reason to break them up.
>>
>>44119144
Lulu was tempting.
But given her canon choice of love interest, and thus the type of people she's interested in, I don't think her and I would get along that well.
>>
>>44119575
Could always go after Rikku.
>>
>>44119503
So if I try to remake excalibur it would a rank down or so ? And I'm not sure any one could replicate avalons abilities or am I wrong
>>
>>44119601
Excalibur is A++, your limit is A rank. You simply couldn't make it. Avalon is EX, same issue.
>>
I've just found what, as far as i can tell, is the best Power Limiter perk out there.

>Limit Mode: At the beginning of every year, you may choose to disable 9 perks out of every 10 completely and enter "Limit Mode". While you are in Limit Mode, you will be returned to your baseline body(Body Mod modifications remain). While you are in Limit Mode, your ability to learn and train increases noticeably, though it still feels like you were learning normally. If you are in Limit Mode and would be killed as a result of combat, you may disable Limit Mode and return to 75% of your HP.
>>
>>44119674
Ahh ok thanks
>>
>>44119743
Which jump is this from ?
>>
>>44119674
Fragarach would probably count as Divine but would it be possible to replicate its effect if you tracked down a Fraga?

Actually my main question is making modern weapon NPs possible? Like making what Berserkalot did with the fighter jet.
>>
>>44119795
Kid Radd.
>>
>>44119797
It's possible to replicate their effects, you just wouldn't be copying it exactly. You could make Fragarach, it just wouldn't be the 'weapon made by a god' Fragarach, rather a 'weapon that does the same thing as Fragarach but was made by Jumper'.

Modern NPs are possible yes, though the bigger/stronger the thing is already the higher rank it's going to be. A jet or tank's going to be A or B rank even if you only give it some minor boosts.
>>
>>44119896
What would a tank or a jet as np even do ?
>>
>>44118789
Dodgeball has some interest specific attraction perks so only those you are attracted to are attracted to you regardless of their normal appetites.

Card Captor has romance perk if you go around looking non-human.

Rosario vampire, Tenchi Muyo, and Dragon Age Inquisition have harem or attraction perks. You also want sitcom and Seikeirei.
>>
>>44120090
Be shootier?
>>
>>44120090
Finally be able to kill servants and piss off Magi left and right?
>>
>>44120113
Unlimited tank works ?
>>
>>44120090
>jet as a NP
So Berserker-14?
>>
>>44120159
Bolo NP. "For the honor of the regiment, Unlimited Hellbore Works!"
>>
>>44120196
After all, they're called INFINITE repeater guns, and by God you're going to make sure they live up to their name.
>>
>>44120145
Ohh no you just made me think of an orbital bombardment np
>>
Looking through all of the Final Fantasy XIII jumps, which are really confusing, is it possible to get Lightning as a companion or just the others?

Also, what did you pick for your final reward and why.
>>
>>44119557
...Didn't Waka sabotage her old boyfriend's battle kit so he got ganked by a random monster?
>>
File: sig.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>44115026
Here's some more Builds.

Jump 30: King Arthur
>Background
Alias: Jane Doe
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>Skills
Natural Disease Immunity--immunity to natural diseases, resistance to manmade and magical, protection from all kinds of poisons
Sword Plant--plant pieces of objects, they grow into larger, more complex things. pieces of things grow into the whole things.
Peasant Master Race--Commoners love me, require a lot of evidence to convince them I'm bad. Easier to teach commoners modern tech, also.
Master Craftsman--anything made by me by hand is all around better than others.
>Items
Books of the Arthurian Legend--books of every version of the legends
Land Deed--deed to a ten-acre plot, not connected to any power or government
>Drawbacks
Dragon's Bride--dragon is after me to be his bride. he'll keep me well-guarded and secure if captured. It I'm not in his control at the end of the Jump, can take him along as a Companion

Make a name for myself helping those that need it. Finagle myself a job as the Court Physician, go around miraculously curing folks of diseases and such. Possibly become the inspiration for Robin Hood legends. Definitely become a folk hero, someone that can always be counted on to protect the common people. Fairly low-danger, have fun Jump. Leave the dragon behind.
>>
>>44120580
Jump 31: KOTOR
>Starting Location
Rolled 8: Pick Coruscant
>Origin
Drop-In Twi'lek
>Specialization
Intelligence--buff intelligence and learning abilities
Force Heal--use to Force to accelerate healing, cure diseases
>Skills, Powers, Abilities
Demolitions--easily make and disarm mines, grenades, bombs, etc.
Computers--training in computers, droids, etc. Expert at hacking, making devices
Force Lightning--shoot lightning from hands
Lightsaber Training--specialize in 3 and 5.
Pistol Training
Telepathy--communicate over long distances with mind
Telekinesis--manipulate matter and energy with mind
Force Empathy--sense emotions of people and creatures
Force Speed--slow perception of time, move at supernatural speeds
Farsight--see events from the past, present, or future
Force Stealth--hide presence in Fork, buff sneak.
Force Sight--buff perception, see through solid objects and mist
Mind Trick--influence thoughts of sentient creatures
>Items
Lightsaber--sixteen-inch cylinder of pure red plasma badassery
Armored Robes--Jedi robes with Cortosis plates woven in. protects against blaster fire and deflects lightsabers.
Thermal Detonators--bag of 24 fusion grenades, 6m blast radius.
>Drawback
Hunted--bounty hunter is after me until either he or I is dead
>>
>>44120605

Start off by rebuilding my lightsaber from scratch. It ends up with an extra-long handle, dual-phase blade switching between one to two and a half meters long and cherry red. The extra length is used in mounted combat. Kill the bounty hunter first, then start bumming my way around the galaxy. Avoid both the Jedi and the Sith, acting independently to keep food in our bellies. Also, compile a version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for this particular one. Self-published but it gets us free food in a lot of places so long as we say good things in their entry. Emmy becomes my apprentice and partner. For lightsaber combat, I specialize in forms 3 and 5, while she takes 2 and 4 so that we complement each other.
>>
>>44120644
Jump 32: Star Wars: Clone Wars
>Starting Location
Cato Neimoidia
>Background
Independent Civilian Togruta
>Skills, Abilities, & Perks
Piloting--easily pilot small starships and personal vehicles. Still no captial ships.
Mechanical Genius--push bounds of mechanical and cybernetic technology
>Marketplace
Datapad--personal computer tablet, journal, map, holoprojector, wireless connectivity
Blaster Pistol--energy weapon, 100 shots/recharge. Assume gas supply in Warehouse.
YT-1300 Light Freighter--stock Corellian freighter. name it the Headless Chicken
R2 Astromech Droid--small automated mechanic, works with ship systems. red, serial number R2-J10, but call him Beebop.
>Complications
Alien Scum--for duration of Jump, humans despise me or are at least wary of me.
Rip Off Darth Vader--for duraion of Jump, left arm is replaced by cybernetic.

Here's some fun. Step One is to upgrade the hell out of the Chicken, make her more durable, powerful, maneuverable. Upgrade various tech from last Jump with new stuff and trick out Bebop with all sorts of goodies. Spend the first major part of the Jump establishing an information network and rewriting the Hitchhiker's Guide, then really kick into things with the Clone Wars. Sell information to both sides, keeping things balanced between them. Maybe ransom Greivous and a few of the Jedi a few times. The main thing that happens is I steal three MTT's, fully loaded with B1 battle droids and spend a long time upgrading and reprogramming them. Now I have 342 mechanical soldiers and three hugeass heavily-armored transports for them. They're sure to come in handy later.
>>
>>44120667
Jump 33: Generic Medical Drama
>Location
Rolled 4: Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital, New Jersey
>Origin
Janitor
>Perks
Interesting...--no disgust reaction to gore
Medical Doctorate--all training for common medical specialty (Internal Medicine)
Skeleton Key--lock and unlock any mechanical lock with a touch. Also works on knots.
Neat and Tidy--clean a room, garden, item, or person just through will. Only one thing.
Dirt--psychic access to scuttlebutt, schedules, layouts while on a property.
Steady Hands--perfect manual precision. perfect stillness or drawings
Instant Diagnosis--single glance gives all info non-invasive medical exam can, plus complete and accurate medical history
>Items
Persistent Stain--magic stain, impossible to clean mundanely, requires me to banish it
Cleaning Cart--trolley able to balance awkward loads and carry way more than should. Explodes if left loaded for more than an hour.
Clipboard--automatically fills paperwork directed by subconscious
>Drawbacks
FDA Approval--can't use any perks or devices that would be seen as magic or futuristic tech in medicine, directly or indirectly

So...really not a lot specific with this one. Spend ten years as a janitor with all the knowledge and skill of an internal medicine doctor. Maybe talk about having been a famous doctor in Soviet Russia, but when the Union fell and I came to America, no one would take my credentials seriously. Honestly took this one for the perks. As for what I do, imagine if the janitor from Scrubs would sometimes do things ranging from making an off-hand comment that leads the doctors to figure out what's up to outright telling them. Nothing much to write home about.
>>
>>44120719
Jump 34: Disney Princess
>Background
Drop-In
>Cast
Princess--Dark Belle
Hero--Prince Charming (played by Chris Pine)
Villain--Frolo/Gaston
>Location
Pay 50 for Forested Kingdom
>Perks
Sing a Little Song--spontaneous singing, know all the words and won't flub lines. Assume that everyone here's magic music, or is produced diagetically.
"I Am" Song--establishes identity, blocks lesser mind-control, corruption magic.
Minion Song--summon sprites and spirits to help with household tasks.
Sidekick Song--improves mood and motivates an individual
Make a Man--teach any physical skill, boost someone's physical stats
The Deal Maker--magic buff when making a deal. Other must be aware of the deal and its terms. Can put a curse on them if they break it.
Self-Sacrifice--once per Jump, survive something that would kill if protecting someone.
>Items
Tiara--because why the fuck not. Makes me feel pretty.
>Drawbacks
The Lion King--talking animal characters are available.
Outside Tech Discouragement--for duration of Jump, can't bring non-Disney tech out of Warehouse. Abilities have to be renamed if non-Disney.
Suitor--Gaston is after me as his bride for duration of Jump.
>>
>>44120758
Probably gonna get a bit of hate/disgust for this one, but here goes.

This is gonna be fun. First, alternate ending to Beauty and the Beast--Gaston managed to kill Beast, which mind-broke Belle. She retreats into the castle, allowing the villagers to think she's dead, but secretly learns alchemy/magic from the castle's library. The staff care for her in her mourning. I appear about five years after that, stumble into the village just as Frolo and a priest come in to perform an exorcism on the castle. Turns out there's a spirit called the "Weeping Witch" there that scares away anyone that approaches. I physically remind Gaston of Belle--the one that got away--and he becomes obsessed with claiming me as his wife. Suuuper creepy. Moving along, Frolo and Priest go to the castle, I follow along because confused, hijinks ensue. Also, during all of this, Chris Pine is boinking Simba's Daughter.
>>
>>44120719
Is the Janitor origin the Drop-In option for Generic Medical Drama?
>>
>>44121145
yes. I always go Drop-In unless one of the other origins has something I very much want.
>>
>>44120719
>The Good Stuff
>perfect pain killer with no side effects, no addiction, no dependency, you have the formula.

Woah. Pharma would offer you Serious Monies for that.
>>
>>44120792
...I have several questions.

I will elect not to ask them.
>>
>>44121359
I may or may not have had a mild nervous breakdown during this Jump. Too much singing. And Gaston. and Singing Gaston.

Only thing worse was Serenading Gaston. Brr.
>>
Do we have a list of perks or alt forms that get more powerful as time goes on?

I remember we had come up with some in the early hundreds somewhere...
>>
>>44122063
All the dragons, hell pretty much everything not standard, out of Forgotten Realms. In fact, pretty much every Dragon form from every jump does. It really just depends on how something like sr scaling with hit die works.
>>
>>44122063
Off the top of my head:

>Inukami Kitsune
>going Kitsune using Foxy Babe in Okami
>D&D Dragons
>Legend of Spyro Dragons

Odd that it's just kitsune and dragons that get this. You'd think at least one other creature type would grow stronger with age.
>>
>>44118648
Gil lost to Sakura because of his ego. He thought he had killed her with his attack, then she regenerated and ate him. But she had to digest him really, really fast, as he was about to pull a chestburster on her.
>>
>>44122235
>I am now picturing random NP swords stabbing people in the face, followed by Gil Kool Aid Man-ing his way out of their chest cavity.
What would that even be ranked as?
>>
>>44122305
EX of course
>>
>>44122187
Can you combine all those transformations together?
>>
>>44122544
This Is, In Fact, My Final Form from SAO

Which I have seen all except for one, maybe two, builds take.
>>
>>44122187
Other things than foxes grow in power with Japanese myth, through mostly the same method. Every hundred years or so things with tails gain a tail, and power, foxes are just the most notable, but cats do too.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.