[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What prevents different aligned divine factions from exterminating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
What prevents different aligned divine factions from exterminating others? Say have Good gods slay all Evil gods?
>>
>>44107741
Killing gods is hard as shit, yo.
>>
>>44107760
Not for a god!
>>
Maybe all-out war would destroy a chunk of their realms, so the gods turn to less violent solutions.
Good gods try to live in harmony with the Evil gods while Evil gods look for more subtle, non-zero-sum ways to wipe out the Good gods.
>>
Often has something to do with allegiances forged. For example, look at the Nordic Pantheon. Loki was known to be a chaotic cunt and a shit disturber but he was Odins Blood Brother so he was left alone.
>>
>>44107760

Yeah, I'm just going to keep worshipping portals like the old days, what's the worst that could happen?
>>
>>44107741
Player Characters, usually.

And DMs.
>>
>>44107741
What prevents different alignment mortal factions from exterminating others? Say have Good humans slay all Evil orcs?
>>
>>44107741

Evil gods are team players are generally destructive and ferocious. Sure, the good gods have Accord, the Harbinger of Justice, the Lord of Battles and maybe Fortune, the goddess of Heroes, and their divine hosts. But the evil gods have the Lord of Murder, the Mother of Monsters, Prince of Lies, the Ravager and Eater of Souls. They know they'll get beat to shit because they are weaker and have less mortal followers, so they act together like a big, dysfunctional family to keep the good gods off their back.
>>
>>44107857

Loki was Odin's son. He wasn't a cunt all the time, anyway, and often helpe Tor and others in his own way. Trickster, sure, but a decent guy until he kickstarted the Ragnarök.
>>
>>44107973
>Loki was Odin's son.
Marvel pls. go.
>>
Holy fuck 4chan let me post my fucking shit from iPhone please.

LONG STORY SHORT
>Gods could enter
>tried to claim mortal realm
>big ass war
>wizards said fuck off and built towers
>towers forced the gods out
>gods can't enter mortal realm, and can't enter each others realms
>>
>>44107741
Their worshippers usually, evil gods have bad ass foot soldier who only the most stalwart of goods champions can face down.
>>
>>44107996

You first. Adopted or not, he was Odin's son.
>>
>>44108037
Forgot to mention this is my own homebrew. It is rumored that if you destroy the towers the barrier goes down. But the towers are well defended and the general public is just weary of another war.
>>
>>44108044
No. We know who his parents are. He is named many times as Loki laufeyson. Laufey being a jotunn who married an aesir and they were his parents. He is a halfbreed but has no relation to Odin
>>
>>44108044
He was Odin's BLOODBOUND BROTHER you filthy pleb. As in they opened up their wrists, mixed their blood and declared themselves to be siblings.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.