[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k General Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1429623403260.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1429623403260.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: 40k-Anniversary-Model.jpg (109 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
40k-Anniversary-Model.jpg
109 KB, 873x627
>>44104343
If you look at the bolters you can the the illustrstion diffetes from the muzzle flame where as the gauntlet weapon seems to be a stream with a feed tube along the arm.

GWs 25y anniversary edition diorama model of the scene featured a plasma pistol
>>
File: 1445736976101.gif (297 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1445736976101.gif
297 KB, 500x281
I want to make a primarily scions army. What would be some good allies to supplement my army?
>>
>>44104649
Depends on the style youd like to go for.

Inquisitors offer psyker support and are almost entirely Elites, guards offer prime heavy support but their elites ARE scions, marines have good units in most slots so can fill in gaps, same with SoB who have good heavy and elites but fall behind on troops and long range AT.
>>
>>44104705
Are scions considered troops or elites?
>>
>>44104748
In the scions book they are Troops, in the Guards book they are Elites
>>
Hello, I am trying to get into the 40k tabletop wargame. I am thinking about playing the necrons. I managed to borrow a codex, but was wondering if there is anything I should do or know. Or should I just read the codex? Thanks for any help in advance!
>>
>>44104766
So I suppose I'll run the scion book and the rest as attached allies.
Do you think that is the best way to do it?
>>
>>44104784
You should read the main rulebook.
>>
>>44104649
A knight is always good.

Draws fire, hits like a runaway ice cream truck and can deal with what your scions can't.
>>
>>44104784
Don't play necrons. necrons are OP. and if you don't use the OP stuff, then the army is boring to play. At least with eldar you can not use any bikes or wraithbone units and still have a fluffy aspect warrior list
>>
>>44104784
You should read the basic rule book.

And if someone tells you not to play an army for whatever reason, ignore them. Play whatever you want to play, it's your money. Fuck them.
>>
>>44105160
>Play whatever you want to play, it's your money. Fuck them.

This. It always confuses me when people go "oh it's not fair playing Tau/Eldar/Necrons/Daemons against Ork/DE/Nid/BA/(GK)!", why isn't it?

You chose your 'weak' army cause you liked them for other reasons than their rules, right? And the other person has probably done the same. It's not their fault all their units are good or mostly good. Just keep an eye out for WAACfags who do x3 Riptides at 1000, or Tau'nar at 1000 and you're fine.
>>
>>44105204
I don't think thats the problem. When I play Tau against my BA friend I bring a fluff list without Riptides and bring Kroot and Vespids.

If you really choose your army for something other than rules than playing a fluffy list is enjoyable too.
>>
>>44105281
Or how about he doesn't have to bring the absolute bottom tier piece of shit units in his codex just to accommodate you?

If he brings what he wants but in moderation it's fine too. But I'm not going to bring a list of storm guardians and shining spears against you just because I play Eldar.
>>
>>44105310
>he

I'm the Tau player.

Kroot and Vespids arent shit considering other Codexes.

Like I said I play fluff lists. You don't have to bring shit units, just bring fluffy units. They're fun to play.
>>
>>44105336
Bringing crisis suits and a riptide are fluffy though.

What if he likes those. What if he likes necron wraiths. Or ghost arks.
>>
>>44105310
>Shining Spears are not longer good

What happened? From my memory of 6th they were great.

Did they lose something? Hit & Run maybe?

if so, damn shame, I always hoped for the Shining Spears to get a Phoenix Lord (or King if you're German) model, since the guy is "missing".

I love the Shadow Spectre units and it's Phoenix Lord and how it was found and revived. Something similar for Shining Spear.

>yfw I'll never be able to go to GW and design cool models, units and rules and shit
>>
>>44105342
RIptides are rare units only brought to bear when assaulting or defending a high priority target. They are incredibly expensive to manufacture and are deployed carefully as such.

Crisis Suits are fine. I didn't say shoot yourself in the nuts now did I?

Then bring Wraiths and Ghost Arks, those are fluffy, just dont spam Wraiths out the asshole like a dick.
>>
>>44105342
What if I like wraith Knights and wraith guard?
>>
>>44105354
Exactly that, so now they charge in with a sad number of attacks at s6 and then spend the rest of the game flailing at s3 unless you ally in a murderclown bikerboss.
>>
>>44105354
They lost hit and run.

They were never that great desu. They buffed their weapons in the current edition, but took away hit and run.

As a result they are now the only unit in the Eldar codex that was arguably nerfed in comparison to everything else.
>>
>>44105354
>German
Pföniks königs?
>>
>>44105374
>Wraith guard

Those aren't bad except for the D strength weapons.
>>
File: image.jpg (324 KB, 620x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
324 KB, 620x2048
>>44105368
>Riptides rare
>>
>>44105374
So bring them but don't be a dick.

It is actually possible to play games with those units and not have the board disintegrate into a screaming vortex of pain you know, despite what /tg/ says.

>>44105368
So bring riptides?
>>
>>44105374
Play iyanden and take your wraithlord and guardian tax too, not just token windriders.
>>
>>44105391
>they have been one of the most popular and sought after units.

Yeah so are Baneblades. That doesn't mean they are everywhere.
>>
>>44105390
Isn't STR D all they do though?
>>
>>44105404

>Wraithlord Tax

>Immune to small arms fire stabby multigun platform tax
>>
>>44105415
Yeah.
>>
>>44105415
Outside of the Wraithknight it's only 12" range. Which is extremely manageable, any relatively mobile army can outpace and murder them.

>>44105419
Every single game I have brought one of those they have killed nothing and jobbed like a bitch. They aren't great frankly.
>>
>>44105404
>bs4 fast motherfuckers that can move and fire their heavy weapon
>tax
hey remember when guardians were actually considered a tax?
>>
>>44105419
Eldar players everybody!
>>
>>44105430
Can't you put them in a transport? Ally dark eldar for web way portals and vehicles or something?
>>
>>44105439
Yes you can, but if you do that you deserve no friends.

>>44105437
If you think the wraithlord is good then I have bad news for you buddy.
>>
>>44105446
To CSM, wraith lords are amazing
>>
>>44105419
>Wraithlord
>Guns

Double priced guns that become useless once in melee?

Pass, Ghostglaive and gauntlet flamers is where its at.

Budget bully.
>>
>>44105458
So? To CSM everything is amazing, that's not an argument. Wraithlords still suck.
>>
>>44105389
I thought Germans saw the word Konig as King, not Lord. So it was more Phoenix King, not Lord.

>>44105379
>>44105381
Shame.

>>44105414
I think it's more the reason that Riptides can now go into squads for bonuses, while, according to Forge World (I asked them myself) the variants cannot and unlikely will, as they're "rare variants". In short, Riptides aren't as rare as they were. A decent force will have at least one, when before it was only Cadre level that got one. A Cadre level will now have 3 in Riptide Squadron.

Stormsurges are the new "rare" suits. Ghostkeels too (but somehow there is Ghostkeel Wing formations now).

I suspect Stormsurges will be more common place when GW releases the xx11x.
>>
>>44105446
The WL is good, but that means shit when it competes for points with great and decidedly undercosted shit.
>>
>>44105465
Lol no they don't. When conspired to wraithkmoghts, sure. But they have their place. Maybe not in a WAAC competitive setting, but they're not unusable
>>
>>44105492
Three wounds and lack of an invuln means they job to missiles and lascannons.

Rend murders them. And their weapon upgrades are expensive as hell.
>>
>>44105465
Not him, but opinion on the Wraithseer? I see it was a Wraithlord with a decent range weapon (spear can be thrown for S10 AP2 Sunder) and Spiritseer pysker powers.

Shame the formation requires you to take units of Wraithblades, nothing else. Also, there isn't a vehicle that can take the entire formation, nor can there be a vehicle that can take them on their own AND the Wraithseer in a group. So you have to spam Fleet and stomp forward.
>>
>>44105474
I still field the spears though, Banshees as well, with an Avatar buff bubble they can do a decent job and really hammer in a Alpha strike, especially when dismissed as harmless.
>>
>>44105465
>Wraithlords still suck.
They don't suck. They've never sucked. You're just comparing them to units that invalidate almost everything else in the game.
>>
Just looked at Wraithlords:

For 120 points you get a S/T 8 monstrous creature that can be equipped with a variety of guns without ever putting it above 160.

And without those upgrades, you still get two slots with free catapults or flamers.

In a Eldarcurion, this thing will auto run 6 inches before shooting in any turn it isn't in charge range.

And of course, it's in an overall amazing army making it easy to get good target saturation to confuse targeting priority.

Guys if you think any of this sounds bad, you've been playing on easy mode far too long.
>>
>>44105474
I agree Riptides are now more preveland, which they should be considering the Tau actually make these and don't rely on relics like terminator armor.

Plus the Tau do not spread out their resources over a battle, they get all their good shit together and strike at one point. Which is why Riptides seem so common because there will be a few during major battles.

However lets say, a force defending a mining operation, won't have one.
>>
>>44105506
I think it's Killy but appropriately priced.

Go for it. It looks cool. Also it's powers are unique, not actual spiritseer powers.
>>
>>44105505
Thats why you run them with just the swird, it'll take at least their own points in shooting to knock them down and they csn kick the crap outta a lot as well.

Also, expecting inv saves on MCs is for spoiled little shits.
>>
Do we have stats/weapons rules for the skathach wraithknights?
>>
>>44105515
It doesn't have battle focus, so it can run and shoot.

Literally every single time I have fielded one it has died without killing something. Generally to lascannons or psychic scream or something.

It's really not worth it. I have played with it I know. I'm not just looking into a book and saying its shit.

>>44105512
I haven't compared them to anything. That guy just said CSM would find them amazing, to which I said they find everything amazing.
>>
>>44105525
But loads of MCs have invulns. Everything in daemons for one. The riptide. The dreadknight. Don't know about nids.
>>
>>44105520
I thought they were similar to Spiritseer powers? I seem to remember FnP and Fleet being two powers for a Spiritseer....

Fuck. I'll have to look. If they're unique, are they different? Could an additional Spiritseer in the formation be cool?

>>44105517
Well, they might have one, but that's it. Major battles have dozens, cause that's how their tactics often work. Same with Stormsurges, they were in massed numbers when first spotted (at least 3) cause Shadowsun hid them to use. I dunno how many were in that fight in Mont'ka. Did the AdMech ever capture one?

I wish I could paint models well, I'd love to do an AdMech army, maybe Stygies-VII or a OCDONUTSTEEL one which is heavy into xeno tech research as well. It's a shame there is no way to represent that on the battlefield via rules.
>>
>>44105540

Wraith Host has battle focus retard, sure you've read your own book?

And yeah all the anecdotal evidence you want, you're calling a 120 point MC with fricking T8 bad. You are a spoiled ass.
>>
>>44105555
Loads of infantry have 3+saves too, doesnt make it mandatory.
>>
>>44105555
> Don't know about Nids

Motherfucker our MCs are only T6, no 2+ in the Codex at all and the only invual is the blade parry on the 285 point fucking Swarmlord.
>>
File: carnifex.png (41 KB, 809x280) Image search: [Google]
carnifex.png
41 KB, 809x280
>>44105540
>Literally every single time I have
Anecdotal evidence doesn't count for much when everyone else is looking at stats and points costs.

The wraithlord's excellent stats and equipment put it well above similarly priced MCs.

>>44105555
>Don't know about nids
Here's what nids get for the same cost as a naked wraithlord.
>>
>>44105565
We weren't arguing about that idiot we were looking at the Wraithlord on its own merits. Taking that entire formation is a different argument altogether, one you didn't mention in your first post.

This is going the route of "HURR FOOKEN ELDURZZZ" so I'm out. Fuck all of you.
>>
Is there someone here that brought models from Wayland Games? Do you know if they ship them in the rest of Europe or are they GB only?
>>
>>44105586
Door.
Ass.
Way out.
Fill in the blanks.
>>
>>44105586
Leave and never return Eldar faggot.
>>
>>44105586

>In an Eldarcurion
>Didn't mention
>>
>>44105586
>we were looking at the Wraithlord on its own merits
120 point T8 wall with free flame templates.

The only time that's got no merits is when you could be taking something like a Wraithknight.
>>
>>44105594
>>44105599
Bit rude guys, calm it down, lest us turn into he who should not be named.
>>
>>44105606
Eldarcurion and wraithhost aren't the same thing man.
>>
>>44105615
No.

Show dramas the door, the sooner gone the faster relevant matters can be attended.
>>
>>44105607
Though that's a different slot and more limited in number unless the darcurion is fielded.
>>
>>44105632
In all fairness, you were just as guilty of creating drama as he was.
>>
This is just proof of something I've been saying though.

You get Eldar players in here all the time saying "Oh we're not OP if you don't take Wraithknights and Scatterbikes!"

When really, all that does is take the training wheels off and show how many of them are actually terrible players.

The Eldar Codex has an insane power level if you use synergy, tactics and actual skill to play it. Utterly insane.
>>
>>44105374
Tbh Wraithguard aren't really that OP. They have extremely powerful weapons, but said weapons are short ranged and the WG themselves are slow and with only 1 wound and 3+ save die very quickly to anything with decent strenght and ap. They're really good when combined with DE to deep strike them right next to something you absolutely must remove from the table, but even then they'll probably die the next turn.

WKs are amazing, but I've found that a single one isn't that big of a deal, and is mostly a threat to other big expensive models that would be virtually unkillable with normal weapons. Against masses of single-wounded infantry the sD is wasted.

The thing that really makes Eldar crazy is the scatterbikes. They get ridiculous amounts of s6 shots at long range, are extremely mobile obsec troops, and have the saves and toughness of Marines on top of all that. They're really cheap for what they do as well (base cost only slightly higher than Marines).
>>
>>44105647
>The Eldar Codex has an insane power level if you use synergy, tactics and actual skill to play it. Utterly insane.

I have an Eldar player who gets beat by our Blood Angels player. The Eldar player is really bad and the Blood Angels player is masterful.
>>
>>44105649
The problem with the guard are the d-scythes. I've never found them that unbearable if they've got wraithcannons.
>>
>>44105647
Really?

Because all I saw was people using yet another excuse to bitch about Eldar and vent their frustrations on one person.

But whatever lets talk about something else.

Is it true there is a new Lord of Change in the works or is that just rumours?
>>
>>44105649
Warp
Spiders
Are
Broken
As
Fuck
>>
>>44105663
Do you remember what the BA list looked like?
>>
>>44105677
Are they though? They're just super mobile.
>>
>>44105677
They are very good.

Broken? Nah. I have seen them killed by canny commanders. That flickerjump ability is bullshit though.
>>
>>44105677

They are if you weasel your way into claiming they can jump an infinite number of times in the enemy shooting phase then make their Exarch your warlord when you have two or three actual HQs on the field.
>>
>>44105672
Yes, it's in the work, but it's not finished. Supposedly AoS is going to be getting a bunch more Tzeentch this year, with the LoC coming towards the end.
>>
>>44105677
Ap- and wounding on I is Unimpressive against lots of folks.

Crons, orks ans Tau are of course worse off.
>>
>>44105699
Wait what about making the exarch your warlord?
>>
>>44105678
Mass terminators, Death Company, Sang Guard.

Alpha strike tactics.
>>
>>44105699
Guess how it's currently ruled in ETC. Makes them a bitch and a half to kill if there is a spam of them.
>>
>>44105663

Yep. Skill. Something I've found every netlist style army I've faced tends to completely lack.
>>
>>44105700
YESSSSSS!!

I shall have a BT Lord of Change to look forward to now.
>>
>>44105698
I have killed them too, still they are supermobile and play Maelstrom really really well combined with bikes, bikeCouncil and a WK.
>>
>>44105713
>>44105678
To be fair we edited the terminator points and Dreadnaught attacks to mimic the Space Marines Codex.
>>
>>44105734
Not exactly a stupid eratta.

Ah, if only I wasn't stuck with pickup games and could make a few simple, no brainer tweaks to the game.
>>
>>44105699
You don't even have to weasel your way into it. The rule states you can do it when you get shot. I think they might have intented to add "once per shooting phase" into it, but they didn't, so there's no limitation. Makes them bloody impossible to kill since they can almost always hop out of range or behind los-blocking terrain. Add the fact that their weapons wound most things on 2+ or 3+ and can ignore armour, and you've got an incredibly bullshit unit.
>>
>>44105743
Anyone that isn't willing to make those changes, even in a PuG, is a faggot that you shouldn't play with anyways.
>>
>>44105744

It does however say that using the ability in that way is instead of being allowed to jump in your next turn.

How many times can you jump in your next turn again?

It's very technically RAW to get infinite jumps, but most weasely rules abuse is exactly this kind of bullcrap.
>>
>>44105759
Yes, they can't jump on their next turn. But on that single turn they can just jump infinite times. Then just add 9 units of spiders and it be fun times.
>>
>>44105793
If you honestly play someone like that then you have only one person to blame.
>>
>>44105814
Tournaments mate.
>>
>>44105825
Right.
>>
If I take a CAD plus one or more unbound units, does the CAD still gets its bonuses (rerolling warlord trait and objsec), or does the use of unbound units avoid that?
>>
>>44105836
Formations can be taken with formations

Formations can be taken with unbound

Formations can be taken with detachments

Detachments can be taken with detachments

DETACHMENT CANNOT EVER BE TAKEN WITH UNBOUND
>>
>>44105836
Unbound overrules all else.
>>
>>44105844
How can you tell what's a formation and what's detachment?
>>
>>44105851
If it says it's a detachment, it's a detachment. If it says it's a formation, it's a formation.
>>
File: formation.jpg (43 KB, 882x143) Image search: [Google]
formation.jpg
43 KB, 882x143
>>44105851

Every single way of organizing your troops is a Detachment. If it has any requirements, it's a Detachment.

Formations are a type of Detachment. They tend to have stricter requirements than other Detachments; a Combined Arms Detachment requires a HQ and two troops choices, but doesn't care what they are so long as they're all from the same Faction. A Dread Mob formation consists of exactly 1 Gorkanaut, 1 Morkanaut, 3 Deff Dreads, 9 Killa Kans, 1 Big Mek and 1 Painboy.

The icons on either side of the header, the three skulls in a circle, shows that this is a Formation if you want further clarification.
>>
>>44105900
Oh ok thank you.

What is the symbol for a detachment?
>>
>>44105900
but the main deference between a formation and a detachment is formations bonuses are valid with unbound units.

People might challenge you on that, but they are completely wrong if they do.
>>
File: Tau lauging.jpg (46 KB, 862x521) Image search: [Google]
Tau lauging.jpg
46 KB, 862x521
>MFW Farsight murdered a mauler fiend in close combat

Maulerfiends are bad aren't they.
>>
Whats the best base for a Fire 'enjin?
Requirements are: one or more skorcha armament(s), min 10 boy capacity, bonus if its Fast.
>>
>>44105851
>>44105844

Formations are detachments.
>>
>>44105976
It took me a few seconds to figure out to figure out what the fuck you were on about.

Fucking Orks lol
>>
>>44105940
Wait, was this in a game or fluff?
>>
>>44105585
Holy shit, not just two scything talons, but two PAIRS of scything talons?!

Man, tyranid players have it good.
>>
>>44105940
They're a melee (1 strike) walker (2 strikes) that have a below average Weapon Skill (3 strikes) and Initiative (4 strikes). That said, they're actually not terrible. They're fast, and they're extremely good at taking out vehicles and buildings.
>>
>>44105987
Formations are a TYPE of detachment.

However formations can be taken with unbound armies while detachments can't.

>>44105996
in game

>>44105998
You do know that pairs are treated as one weapon because Cruddance is a goddamn faggot.
>>
>>44105844
>>44105836
I personally took it as this, but probably wrong.

You can take 1HQ and 2 Troops and make it CAD.

You can then take X Formation and add it to your army. The formation has all it's special rules, these do not go to your CAD units.

CAD units get their specific bonuses. This is battleforged iirc.

Or not, I dunno, it makes me cry.
>>
>‘Yes,’ replied the Warmaster. ‘A forge world in the heart of the Eye of Terror. A forge world of the Dark Mechanicum. A forge world where, by the very nature of the space it inhabits, all that is built is a blend of metal and daemon.’ Abaddon turned away and paced the chamber. ‘Nothing can be built here that is not corrupted by the touch of Chaos, Kallus. You know this, I think. You have spent a long time on Medrengard, yes?’

--------------------------

>‘Because this,’ Abaddon gestured at the window, indicating the world beyond, ‘is a problem. All the worlds creating new materiel for our armies are like this, overrun by the daemonic. It is, as I said, the nature of the realm we inhabit. And it has its place. But we need machines that are just machines as well. We need guns and swords, armour and Rhinos. We need the resources of forge worlds outside the Eye.’

Freaking Abaddon is sick and tired of all the daemonic weapons and machines that the Dark Admech produce. He wants normal weapon for his armies.

I am dying here. Abaddon is getting fed up with all the daemons and Chaos crap being crammed into everything, and he wants it to stop. My sides.
>>
>>44106007
This is correct.

However I do not know about things like the Decurion and Hunter Contingent that requires Formations to make the Detachment. I dont know if the detachment bonuses are extended to the formation but I think they are.
>>
File: Junka.jpg (166 KB, 844x958) Image search: [Google]
Junka.jpg
166 KB, 844x958
>>44105917

Formations can be taken in Unbound armies, but unless units are taken as part of the Formation, they gain none of the formations benefits. This applies regardless of whether an army is bound or not.

>>44105913

There isn't one. Detachments (and bearing in mind that Formations are just a type of detachment) are simply ways of organizing your army. Everything in your army must be part of a Detachment if you want to be Battlebound, and if you're Unbound, the only Detachments you can use are Formations.

So if you're looking at something that's telling you want you can take in an army, it's a Detachment. The most common is the Combined Arms Detachment from the main rulebook, which is the default Detachment based around the old Force Organization Chart.

One more thing; all your Detachments can be whatever Factions you choose, so long as the Detachment allows it. There's nothing to prevent you from running a Gladius Detachment from Codex: Space Marines alongside a Optimized Stealth Cadre Formation from Codex: Tau. The Allied table would simply govern how the models interact with each other on the table.

>>44105976

Pic related. 3 Skorcha slots, can decide to be Fast but immobilizes itself 1/6th of the time.
>>
>>44105940
Well, when you're a walker with WS3 and I3 fighting against a WS5, I5 armourbane attacker, you are frankly fucked to begin with
>>
>>44106020
Hmm supa scorcha might also be cool though that drops it to 6 capacity.
>>
File: relic1.png (581 KB, 600x636) Image search: [Google]
relic1.png
581 KB, 600x636
Hey guys, a bit out of the topic, but has anyone played this game? I love both WH 40000 and Talisman and I'm thinking about getting it. Is it worth?

Also how do you paint boltguns so they look nice, but not shiny and silvery?
>>
File: 980x.jpg (82 KB, 880x586) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
82 KB, 880x586
>CSM are not going to get a new Codex in 2016

Why are you still into 40k?
>>
>>44106016
Decurion-style is to its sub-formations what a CAD is to its units. The Decurion bonuses are shared by all sub-formations composing it, int he same way CAD bonuses are shared by all units under it.

Just think of Detachments as shipping boxes and Decurion as a shipping container that allows only some special shipping boxes.
>>
>>44106036
I've played it. The Sister and Space Marine characters are better than the others, but it's a fun game (it's quit elong, though).
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x620
>>44104588
Hey guys um... bizarre hatred of Eldar aside, what do you think of these guys?
>>
>>44106049
2016 is like 20 days away, not that long.

We'll see, it's likely going to be Q1 release. GW will want to release CSM and Daemons alongside the rumoured new Age of Sigmar Chaos Daemon stuff, for obvious reasons.

GW goes into patterns more often now, or at least, easier to spot.

Next 40k codex is almost bound to be Imperial Guard and MAYBE Scion.

CSM will be next, alongside possibly a campaign of some sort. Who knows thou, might be chaos daemons.
>>
Hey guys, I'm poor as shit but I want to get back into 40k
I was thinking that for casual's sake, what would be the best way to proxy 40k models? I'm down to get creative so it can be more than circles of paper with the model name on it. Anyone else done this?
I might just end up printing little pictures and pasting it em on bases.
Ideas very much appreciated

I know building and painting is half the fun but I just wanna play the tabletop war game
>>
>>44105649
Yeah the problem with WKs is when you get 'that guy' who brings like three of them to a game.

Which is avoided by simply not playing them.
>>
Hey, I'm intrested in the story and lore of 40k, what's a good place to read up on it?

Are the novels any good?
>>
>>44106122
Well I'm a huge fan.
Removes pig disgusting bikers and battlesuits in droves, grounds flyrants and threatens vehicles decently.
>>
>>44105976
Looted wagons.
>>
>>44106126
CSM are NOT going to get a Codex in 2016.

2017 is a long way from now, even if Q1.
>>
>>44105591
They do ship to the rest of europe. Austrian here, I bought from them last year and it took longer to get my stuff delivered than I would have liked, though.

Recently I switched to ordering from germany - faster shipping, prices are comparabĺe mostly, and with 40k prices I easily get free shipping. So in the end wayland comes up more expensive for me.
>>
>>44106009
And yet the Chaos Space Marine codex is almost entirely made up of normal space marine equipment.
>>
>>44106159
Hell the codexes are fun to read, same as the rulebooks
I dunno what novel to recommend but get a pdf of an old nids codex and revel in the fluff
>>
>>44106009
>"Warpsmith, are those possessed Rhinos complete? We need to ship today!"
>"Yes my liege, but we occasionally have a problem with embarked troops being devoured by the vehicle"
>"Ship it, call it a feature"
>>
File: 1446453348450.jpg (338 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446453348450.jpg
338 KB, 800x1200
>>44106173
The only non-7th codexes are follows:

1. Imperial Guard
2. Temptus Scions
3. Tyranids
4. Chaos Daemons
5. Chaos Space Marines
6. Sisters of Battle

You're telling me than they're going to ignore CSM, do the others, then go and release 8th edition for others? Or will it be 7th Edition: Second Edition?

But, hey, asking for source to back up this claim should be easy to find, right?
>>
>>44106126
Rumours say they're just going to do an "add-on" type update like they just did with tau.

>>44106136
There a chibi 40k /po/ thread where you can make blocky paper models, they're honestly not too bad and I wouldn't mind playing against them (outside a game store of course)
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3920x2204
>>44106136
Paper craft is a cute cheap way of playing 40k.
>>
>>44106126
Sad Panda, who has a 100% accuracy, has stated on DakkaDakka that CSM is not getting a new codex in 2016. He said we're probably getting something, but it won't be a new codex and its extremely unlikely that whatever the Chaos-curion benefits are will be enough to make CSM worth playing.
>>
>>44106195
Have you not been around the last few threads?
>>
I've got a game tomorrow morning, my tau vs my friends de. 1850
He generally runs corpse thief claw plus all the usual de trimmings.
I'll be running this,
This is what I'll run if we play tomorrow,

Cad

Commander, 2 missile pods, iridium, stims, target lock, pen chip.

Riptide, ion, sms, ewo, stims.

3 crisis suits, 2 x 2 missile pods, target locks. 1 x msss, c&c node. 6 marker drones.

Crisis suit, burst cannon, tl burst cannon, 2 gun drones.

10 sniper kroot.
10 sniper kroot.

6 firewarriors, devilfish, sms, disruption pod, seeker missile.

6 firewarriors, devilfish, sms, disruption pod, seeker missile.

Hammerhead, ion cannon, longstrike, sms, disruption pod, seeker missile.

Skyray, disruption pod, sms.

3 broadsides, missiles and smart missiles and seeker missiles, Target locks and 6 missile drones.

The corpse thief claw is my main worry.

Any advice, comments/criticism?
>>
>>44106182
You can thank Abaddon and the Black Legion for kicking around the Dark Admech and securing a steady supply line of normal weaponry and equipment to the Eye.
>>
>>44106215
It's friggin slow, so he WILL outflank it.

Be prepared for that. Be as mobile as you can. And frankly, you are Tau, so just delete the rest of his army and play keep away from the Talos' all the while burying them in fire.

They get VP for murdering you in melee, so don't let them get there.

Source of advice: ex DE player.
>>
>>44105474
>>44105389
Back in the day when GW still translated their stuff into other languages the german name for Phoenix Lord was Phönixkönig which, when translated back , is Phoenix King in English.

Nowadays it's just a patchwork perversion of English unit names (TM) mixed with more or less proper sentences in German. A shame really...
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x620
>>44104588
How do I use this chick without getting her thoroughly ventilated??
>>
>>44106304
Use her as a generic herald.
>>
>>44106312
But I want to actually use her.
>>
>>44106304
Screening units, bodyguards, cursed earth
>>
Would the following changes fix vehicles?
>all current Hull Point totals are doubled
>all anti-tank weapons gain the Piercing (X) trait, which specifies how many wounds a non-vehicle takes from the hit or how many hull points are lost on a penetrating hit
>most weapons has a dX for their piercing value
>Krak Missile- Piercing (1d2)
>Lascannon- Piercing (1d3+1)
>Bright Lance- Piercing (1d3)
>Rail Gun- Piercing (1d3+2)
>Power Fist- Piercing (1d2)
>Chain Fist- Piercing (1d3
>etc
>>
>>44104600
I believe they're actually auxillary grenade launchers. They gave them back to the space marines in their 5th ed codex, then took them out again in 6th and 7th.
>>
>>44106403
Original artwork is from the RT era though...
>>
>>44106159
Depends on the factions' you're interested in. Definitely give Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts a read, along with the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies.

If you want a glimpse into older 40k, read the original "Inquisition War" trilogy by Ian Watson.
>>
>>44106136
Guard are the best. There are MANY knock off sci fi armies out there that work as guard.

Second best is csm/daemons.
Plenty of daemons and zombies out there, and because of "chaos" you can claim just about anything model wise.
>>
>>44106195
>Sisters of Battle
They have a 7th version, just like Inquisition. It's barely unchanged from its 6th version, though.
>>
>>44106488
>Gave them BACK to the space marines (...)
Emphasis on the back, when the 5th ed one dropped an old grognard store manager I knew got all excited because he had an ancient ass marine captain he'd converted to have one on his powerfist, from either second ed or rogue trader.
>>
>>44106159
The Ahriman series is awesome.
The night lords series is probably the most realistic depiction of the 40k universe.

People hate on HH series but there are some really good books in there.
>>
>>44106009
Omg this. I would kill to just have a chaos dread that isnt some psycho. (Without using forge world.)

Or how about some marines that dont run away like pussies all the damn time.
>>
>>44106009
Is this why Chaos marines have almost no unique weapons or equipment?
>>
>>44106551
>Or how about some marines that dont run away like pussies all the damn time.
This is probably how Abby feels. The daemons need to stay out of marines. Remove Daemons.
>>
Lheor can't help it that his papa had nails in his brain, or the fact that he isn't an Ultramarine.
>>
>>44106508
Where and when was this done?

>>44106212
>le this person said no despite no official word or proof, so he must be right

"no"

>>44106207
>has 100% currently
>must always be right
>can never be wrong

etc.
>>
File: sistah.png (168 KB, 795x709) Image search: [Google]
sistah.png
168 KB, 795x709
>>44106671
>Where and when was this done?
>>
>>44105204
I kinda wonder if GW is really unaware of those unbalanced armies, or if they know it and just don't care.
Or if they rotate the top-tier armies from time to time to force WAAC players to go with the flow and buy new models?
>>
>>44106744
>2014

That wasn't 7th, that was 6th. Unless you're counting the WD update as 6th. Which would be silly.
>>
>>44106671
If my options are
>listen to person with 100% prior track record
and
>assume Games Workshop won't do something stupid
it's not really a hard choice. I'd fucking love for a new CSM codex to release, but I very much doubt we'll get one.
>>
>>44106207
> Sad Panda
I never saw 40k stuff on the Sad Panda I know, Gue'la.
>>
>>44104784
I play necrons and there's basically almost no useless unit in the book. So find the models that look good to you, find a paint scheme you like if you don't like the classic silvery metal tide look of them and more importantly?

Have fun and be a good sport when playing, best of luck.
>>
>>44106798
7th was released in May 2017.
>>
>>44106867
>May 2017.
m8 not him but you need to proofread better
>>
File: 40k.png (1 MB, 2040x3015) Image search: [Google]
40k.png
1 MB, 2040x3015
>>44106867
FUCKING TIME TRAVELLERS! GET OFF MY BOARD!

>>44106822
I have. Sure there isn't comics, but it'll do. I do have 40k doujins thou, not hentai, obviously.
>>
>>44106122
It's not hatred of Eldar, it's hatred of those guys, no matter what army they are playing.

Eldar is at the top of the pile now and so are easy target, but war convo admech, bikerspam, penta-flyrant, screamerstar, stompaabuse, triptide, skyspear...
>>
>>44106943
Ah.

So what do you think of Dark Reapers?
>>
>>44106943
I wanted to put that IWND buff HQ in a unit of Castellans or whatever they're called. Is that the bad thing? I can't remember much due to problems...

I wanted to get AdMech so bad, but the complicated and hard to do painting puts me off. Lizardmen can be done with 5 paints, even less if you don't want to drybrush and shit. And can be airsprayed enmasse. Space Marines too.

AdMech can't be, lots of conflicting colours, metal and fabric and plasma and shit.

They're cool thou. I want to do a Thallax. Thing is, I'd never play a 40k game unless I had a fully painted army. Been a long long long long time since I played a game. Like 15 years.

Not going to change any time soon....
>>
>>44106943
What's skyspear? I think I know all the rest, but don't know that one.
>>
File: 1607387.jpg (32 KB, 305x400) Image search: [Google]
1607387.jpg
32 KB, 305x400
>>44106932
>>44106934
Sorry, that's 8th release date.
7th was May 2014.
>>
>>44106946
Units are solid, ignoring jink rather than cover took them from must have marine murder down to "fuck you and your jink"
The dual statline (with upgrade) for their weapon makes them interesting.
Models are nice but static like most aspects.

>>44106962
Not sure if its the right name, but it's some bullshit space marine formation thing where you get a ton of marines in drop pods which all land at the same time and then they can all assault out of drop pods or shoot twice.

Pretty much a way to delete half the enemy and have your units right up the ass of the survivors.

The counter? Better hope your army can spam interceptor otherwise there is none.
>>
>>44106991
Skyhammer?

Also thanks for the advice.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines (1).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines (1).pdf
1 B, 486x500
How do the point values look here? Any other comments or criticisms? For reference:
Marks of Chaos
Mark of Khorne: Models with the Mark of Khorne gain +1 Attack and the Furious Charge special rules.
Mark of Slaanesh: Models with the Mark of Slaanesh gain +1 Initiative and the Acute Senses, Night Vision, and Fleet special rules. Psykers with the Mark of Slaanesh may generate powers from the Discipline of Sensation in addition to whatever disciplines they usually have access to.
Mark of Nurgle: Models with the Mark of Nurgle gain +1 Toughness and always count as being equipped with Defensive Grenades. Psykers with the Mark of Nurgle may generate powers from the Discipline of Decay in addition to whatever disciplines they usually have access to.
Mark of Tzeentch: Models with the Mark of Tzeentch gain a 5+ Invulnerable Save or improve any Invulnerable Save they already have by 1, to a maximum of 3+. Psykers with the Mark of Tzeentch harness Warp Charge points on a 3+ and may generate powers from the Divination and Change disciplines in addition to whatever disciplines they usually have access to.

Veteran of the Long War: Models with Veterans of the Long War have the Hatred (Armies of the Imperium) and Stubborn special rules. Before deployment but after Warlord traits are determined, every unit in your army with Veteran of the Long War may choose to gain one of the following special rules: Adamantium Will, Counter-Attack, Fear, Hatred, Monster Hunters, Move Through Cover, Skilled Rider, Stealth, Tank Hunters. Units without a Mark of Chaos may instead choose two special rules.

Icons of Chaos
>>
>>44106991
>the counter?

I found is to have most shit in reserve, have a few stealthy/ fast units on the table that ensures he can only target and kill one thing at a time.

Then try waiting as long as you can and eventually come in from reserve and shoot what came in with your heaviest weaponry.

Apart from that... yeah interceptor.
>>
>11 kommandos, 2 with burnas, 1 nob bs pk, with boss snikrot
>fear, infiltrate, shrouded, can come from reverses from any board edge
>240 points, snikrot is 60 but doesn't take a slot with kommandos
Too expensive? How would I use this?
>>
>>44106997
Ah mixed the two up, both are op, the other one is
Spear of Sicarius - Cato and a Chaplain join a command squad, 6 tacs, 2 devastators, 2 assaults (All in squads of 10), and 2 dreads all in Drop Pods. They all gain Stubborn and EVERY Pod arrives on Turn 1.
Each one of them makes enemies within 5" take d6 S4 AP5 hits just by being near them when they arrive.
Once they disembark they can then fire twice during the Shooting Phase or opt not to fire any Heavy or Rapid-Fire weapons and gain the option to charge in the following Assault Phase.

>>44107042
Kinda sucks when your only reserve manipulations are... a random warlord trait or a Comm relay.

>>44107034
How do Chosen improve upon that? Just an extra attack?

IMO it'd be better to let them (Chosen)have increased WS/BS and let regular CSM be neophytes from the Daemonculaba/Bile's experiments, Renegades ect.
>>
>>44107057
Too expensive. Lose the nob. Perhaps reduce the unit size.
Use them to flush out objective squatters and fuck up artillery.
>>
>>44107034
Those are supposed to be WS/BS 4 BTW. Error from the copying process.
>>
>>44105998
Those are chainswords anon. Chainswords.
>>
>>44107057
Kommandos are harassing units, either for fucking vulnerable vehicles in the ass with rokkits/klaws or vulnerable infantry with flamers/weight of attacks.

Putting both in the same unit makes you pay for options you won't use half the time.
>>
>>44107098
To be fair, WS/BS 5 on veterans of the long war would be acceptable.
>>
>>44107075
See>>44107098. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Chosen at the moment. I'm leaning towards making the entire unit of Characters with access to the same wargear lists as squad leaders.
>>
Forgeworld is starting to make their own HH formations.
The world is doomed.
>>
>>44107034
16 points for worse marines is not good, even with "free" WOTLW.

8 point upgrades feels odd.

Maybe let Chosen buy special rules like IG vets can.
>>
>>44106934
> Ultramarines_playing_with_themselves.jpg
>>
>>44107183
Huh? Where does it say that?
>>
>>44107109
Carnifex are MCs, so their attacks are AP2. A weapon with a Strength/AP modifier wouldn't have much point, unless it also granted special rules.
>>
>>44107109
What are you talking about? Chainswords are AP- while scything talons are ap6
>>
>>44107186
>Maybe let Chosen buy special rules like IG vets wish they could
ftfy
>>
>>44107212
>>44107209
>Scything talons grant Rampage
Sorted. No, wait, genestelers and hormagaunts have them too. This isn't as easy as it seems.
>>
>>44107209
Scything talons used to have a "re-roll 1's in CC" ability, but currently they give nothing but AP6.

So the naked carnifex is for all intents and purposes armed with 2CCWs. Giving it an entire FOUR WS3, I2 attacks!
>>
>>44107224
Stormtroopers/Scions then.

The fuckers in the Elite slot.
>>
>>44107201
On FW's New Stuff page.
>>
>>44107186
15 then? I don't know that these marines are necessarily worse than basic tacticals. Tacticals get ATSKNF and Chapter Tactics, these guys get Stubborn, Hatred*, Uber Grit, and a pair of veteran skills.
>>
>>44107270
They don't get special rules either, bro. Just deep strike.

Chaos book wasn't the only one stripped of shit.
>>
>>44106126
Daemons are late 2016, CSM arent getting a new codex in 2016. They are getting 'something'. I assume its formations in some kind of supplement.
Unless Sad Panda is incorrect for the first time ever.
>>
>>44107294
I'm pretty sure they have like three packages to choose from.
>>
>>44107276
>£600
I wonder if they'll round it to a cool £1000 once they've done all 18.
>>
>>44107306
Not anymore.
>>
>>44107315
>implying Sanguinus won't be 600 by himself
>>
>>44107286
Where does Stubborn, Grit and veteran skills come from?

All I see is VOTLW which is +1 ld and hatred muhreen (maybe make it Loyalists?)
>>
>>44105465
Your perception of whats good and bad in the context of the gamess a whole, is off. And you are apparently too stupid to recognize this.
>>
Where the fuck is the Farsight supplement in the mega.
>>
>>44107339
>entitled attitude
>demand something handed to him without any effort on his part

Tau players, ladies and gentleman.
>>
>>44107339
It's outdated by Mont'ka.
>>
>>44107339
No more supplement, use War Zone Mont'ka now.
>>
>>44107212
Once again Tyranids are better than Space Marines
>>
>>44104649
I know I'm late, but Legion of the Damned seems to offer the things Scions need in plenty: close-ranged things that don't die.
>>
>>44107358
Back to reddit moral faggot.

>>44107360
>>44107363
So...how does that work?
>>
>>44107328
In the post.
>>
>>44107183
Looks more like "let's try to sell our poorly selling kits with some bundles"
>>
File: 1431539974071.png (39 KB, 279x453) Image search: [Google]
1431539974071.png
39 KB, 279x453
>>44107339
>where is it
>in the MEGA

You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>44107406
How the fuck do you think? You read the book and use the rules in it!

Do you not know how a codex works?
>>
>>44107334
Well done replying to a four hour old comment mate.
>>
>>44107406
>call anon a faggot
>be a retarded faggot yourself
>>
>>44107422
>>44107430
I am just learning about a how retarded they did the new Tau update. Excuse me while I have a stroke out of pure disappointment and disgust.
>>
>>44107441
I guess I am a retarded faggot for not expecting pure faggotry from GW.

Can't be a simple Codex update. Gotta make THREE SEPARATE FUCKING BOOKS FOR ONE GODDAMN ARMY.

Good god just burn it down, burn it all down to the fucking ground.
>>
>>44107434
I know its a stretch, but imagine this possibility: 40k gen doesnt have 350+ unique posters. And sometimes anon will post a reply, then come back later that day to check the thread again.
>>
>>44107448
In what world is pure disappointment and disgust a rational reaction to the Tau update?
>>
Do GW stores get pissy at counts-as or conversions? Say you just scratchbuilt a vehicle instead of buying it? Would they protest at you playing in the store?

I understand the size of the flying stem for flyers may be modeled to advantage but does the actual base matter at all? Can I just use a custom scenic base made out of wood or plasticard?
>>
>>44107460
It was a really good update though.

And you are downloading them from the mega, which means you won't be buying the books.

Yet despite all this you are whining. That's why people are getting annoyed at you.
>>
>>44107460
Four. The old codex is still usable as well (and is designed to go with Kauyon).
>>
>>44107460
So much anger. Calling fellow anons faggots, asking how to use a book, raging about GW.

You're on fire anon. Please link us your blog.
>>
>>44107471
>>44107477

Its good content , but the way it was done was retarded.

I actually will be buying them because I am a moral faggot.

>>44107479
This is dumb. Just put it in one book.
>>
>>44107460
>one of GW's best books in recent years
>BURN IT DOWN GW ARE SCUM
>HOBBY WHAT HOBBY I'M A PIRATE YARRR
>>
>>44107472
You can only use official GW models in a GW store. Conversions have to be 75% GW bits (at least at the one here in Scottsdale, AZ).
FW is not allowed in US GW's unless the manager doesnt care about sales goals/his job.
>>
>>44107472
As long as you're using GW models to build it with.

Flyer bases can be whatever the fuck you want and nobody can complain unless you change the stem height, or make the base itself smaller.
>>
>>44107467
Sure bro.
>>
>>44107499
I'm not disputing the content. I am disputing the fact that is 4 goddamn books.

Are you all used to this bullshit? Have you all wallowed in shit for so long that you yourself are shit?
>>
>>44107523
Buy the codex. Buy Mont'ka if you want Farsight.

That's it.
>>
File: laughingscientology.jpg (27 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
laughingscientology.jpg
27 KB, 500x333
>>44107523
>hurr GW is incompetent
>hurrr you have no taste
>hurrrrr I don't understand the concept of release dates
>>
File: 40k1.png (2 MB, 2070x3015) Image search: [Google]
40k1.png
2 MB, 2070x3015
>>44107198
>>
>>44107467
i thought we were like 40 dudes always talking about the same stuff? seems like it since we get into the same fights from time to time

>>44107523
dlc has been part of 40k for the past... 7 years or so? daemons and sisters are exempt from this
>>
>>44107460
Oh it'll be out together later in a collected edition.
And even though it'll have content from 4 separate books it'll only cost as much as three, generous GW saving you money.
>>
>>44107542
Matt Ward you got fired from GW, you don't have to defend them anymore.

>>44107550
This is like day 1 DLC though. I understand thinking of new content and releasing it a year or so from now, but what the hell is this.

>>44107567
heh.
>>
>>44107550
Sixty or so at peak hours, but it's usually the same bunch.

There's He Who Shits, too, but he seems content to fuck with the poor bastards in AoS General lately.
>>
>>44107523
Bro you are so full of vitriol theres no room left for common sense or social skills.
All youve down since entering the thread is demand to know where the Tau supplement is. When anon pointed out its right in front of you, you demanded to be told how to 'use' it. When anon pointed out its a fucking book, you started calling everyone a faggot again.

Its ok bro. We get it, your life is shit and youre so angry and frustrated that your default state is piss and vinegar. Everyones an asshole and everything sucks, right? Do yourself and everyone else a favor - consider suicide.
>>
>>44107575
>3 weeks until 2016
>still bitching about Ward
>unreasonable hatred for GW
>failure to understand how the hobby works
>>>/warseer/
>>
>>44107575
Not really.

All you had to buy was the codex. You didn't need anything else.

If you wanted Farsight as well then just buy Mont'ka.

Honestly that's it man. You could buy the codex or, if you want the campaign, buy Kauyon. They give you the same thing, although Kauyon has more overall.

Mont'ka has all the Enclaves stuff in it. Buy that along with the codex/ Kauyon if you want to play Farsight.

It's not DLC.
>>
>>44107594
God you're so witty anon. Why don't you put on a trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>44107507
>>44107515
Well, shit. So nothing can be scratchbuilt then.

Also, don't flyers work with TLoS and measuring to the hull, so the base is technically irrelevant?
>>
>>44107612
So if they're all of the Tau: Empire general faction why didn't they make it one book. Other than "The Eight" I don't recall FSE having unique units?
>>
>>44107637
You can assault the base under certain conditions, so if you make it smaller it becomes harder to charge, etc. etc.

I honestly don't buy into it, but a lot of people do. Just make sure it's the normal height off the base and don't shrink it, and you'll be fine.

GW stores suck, you need a real FLGS (or better still, a club).
>>
File: 1429838461472.jpg (294 KB, 760x901) Image search: [Google]
1429838461472.jpg
294 KB, 760x901
>>44107651
>Why would a for-profit company release multiple multi-army books throughout the year, updating various factions that would be impractical to release supplements for otherwise and thus suffer from low sales?
>>
>>44107661
Well I'm slapping together a Night Scythe. It's 19cm long and 16cm wide, but I'm making it more of a circle (18cm both long and wide). The "flying stem" i'm using is the correct height though.

It'll suck if I make this and get banned from using it down the line because any place I find doesn't agree with it.
>>
>>44107651
So they can sell 4 different books to the same people.

Duh.

Hell the Kauyon books can also be sold to marines players, and IG players too.
>>
>>44107696
That's fine, nobody should give too much of a rat's ass.

This is only a real issue when you're playing against tourneyfags, so the easy solution is to not play them.
>>
>>44107651
It's like you completely missed the admech release, which is technically in three books if you want a knight (though I can't imagine anyone would insist on you having the codex rather than the rules in the box/white dwarf).
>>
>>44107529
Thats not 100% fair. the rules for the Tidewall are only in Kauyon
>>
>>44107651
Because they get more money that way.

- old Codex: still usable, if you get Kauyon for updates.
- Kauyon: updates old codex and has 4 new fortifications.
- Mont'ka: new Farsight Enclaves supplement. Ditch the old one.
- Warzone Damocles Burning Dawn: comes inside the Infiltration Cadre Burning Dawn box. Shitty formation.
- War Zone: Damocles: Apocalypse book
- Imperial Armour 3, 2nd Edition: Forge World stuff for Tau
- R'varna, Y'vahra and Ta'unar: pdfs available at Forge World site
- Imperial Armour: Apocalypse (2013) - updates Tau flying super-heavies
- Tidewall Counterstrike Cadre: formation available inside box of same name
- Tidewall Rampart: big-ass fortification with rules inside box of same name.

There you go, all Tau stuff from GW/FW.
>>
>>44107729
Aren't they in the box as well?
>>
>>44107748
The Tidewall rampart is the full thing together, kind of like the void relay array in stronghold assault.

the rules for individual pieces, as well as for a few formations, are in Kauyon exclusively
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.