[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D 3.5 char
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dd-35-players-handbook-5boef5d.jpg (675 KB, 1232x1596) Image search: [Google]
dd-35-players-handbook-5boef5d.jpg
675 KB, 1232x1596
To all my friends here who still play D&D 3.5

We are modifying some rules and in this game we can use 70 points to attributes with a minimun of 8 in each but WITHOUT cap, which means one can have like

or some shit like that.

I would like to see if someone has a good advice for a character with this new rule (the not having 18 as cap). I want to build the best lvl 1 char.

thanks!
>>
>>44102322

You guys doing level adjustments?
Free LA?
Or maybe LA just subtracts from your point pool, as in Epic 6 rules.

How about a Githzerai Swordsage with dexterity and wisdom maxed into the stratosphere?
>>
That's absolutely retarded. Quit the campaign. I'm not even joking.

Otherwise just play a fighter with all points in Strength and enjoy having like +7 to hit at 1st level.

Or a 1st level wizard who's color spray is fucking impossible to resist, but he has 8 Dex so everything hits him.
>>
>>44102322

First, why are you doing that? It just sounds like you're going to make the game weirdly unbalanced but not in any particularly cool way, just with bigger modifiers than normal.

Second, just make any type of character and pump most of your points into your primary attributes. It's going to be easymode no matter what so you don't need to work very hard to be a munchkin.
>>
I don't know what you mean by free LA.

Maybe because english is not my 1st language, could you please explain to me?
>>
I'm not the master, it was his idea, We did not play for a long time, maybe he does not remember this would cause unbalanced shit. Maybe he want's us to fight each other. IDK
>>
"Otherwise just play a fighter with all points in Strength and enjoy having like +7 to hit at 1st level."

My fist thought is a warrior
>>
>>44102377
>Or a 1st level wizard who's color spray is fucking impossible to resist, but he has 8 Dex so everything hits him.
Said Wizard also gets 4 1st level spell casts per day at level 1, without even specializing, so with the right spell selection and the necessary caution could potentially solo all four of his party's doctor recommended daily encounters.
>>
pick barbarian and rouge both lvl 1,go into rage,and sneakk,than kill somebody in rage snek with a scythe(piercing for sneak attack)
>>
>>44102322
Well, 70 divided by 6 is 11.shitloadof6s7
So I guess that'd be a bunch of 11s and a 12.

Leaving you to be thoroughly mediocre in all respects with absolutely no negatives and one piddly +1 to the ability of your choice. Unless that 12 is actually a 10, I kind of suck at math so I'm not sure what the remainder of .6666666667 ought to be.
>>
>>44104132
>So I guess that'd be a bunch of 11s and a 12.
>Leaving you to be thoroughly mediocre in all respects with absolutely no negatives and one piddly +1 to the ability of your choice.

Actually, if you spread the points around as evenly as possible wile keeping all your scores even, you end up with 5 12's and a 10. Which is why it's best under these rules to pick one stat and go all out with it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.