[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wont the elves let any of the orcish refugees settle on their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: DJT_Headshot_V2.jpg (547 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
DJT_Headshot_V2.jpg
547 KB, 400x400
Why wont the elves let any of the orcish refugees settle on their lands?

Diversity is code word for human genocide
>>
Is this thread about FATAL or Racial Holy War?
>>
>>44096651
We should do the same as the elves and not let any orcs into human kingdoms. Why don't other orc kingdoms help?
>>
>>44096651
Why won't John Snow let the Wildlings in? Oh wait...
>>
Orcs are prone to violence and hate the elvish way of life. I feel compassion for their women and children, but maybe their adult males should focus on retaking their own lands and remaking them in accordance to their own ideals, rather than shitting on another cultures way of life as they flee the source of their malcontent
>>
>>44096651
pop quiz: can you find a better analogy in the Lord of the Rings?
>>
The love of women is more beautiful than all the loves we can experience, and even you would think so, Kleon, if your soul were truly amorous; but you only dream of vanities.

You waste your nights in cherishing these youths, who have no true perception of our worth. Just look at them! How ugly they all are! Compare their round heads to our heavy hair; seek our white breasts upon their hardened chests.

Beside their narrow flanks, take note of our luxuriant haunches, an ample couch, especially hollowed for the lover's use. Say finally what other human lips, if not the ones that they would like to have, can so exalt the pleasures?

You are ill, oh Kleon! but a girl can make you well. Go seek out young Satyra, the daughter of my neighbor Gorgo. Her croup is a rose in the sunlight, and she'll not refuse you the pleasure that she herself prefers.
>>
>>44096774
I would probably go with Shire after Saruman came there. D-did I win the prize?
>>
>>44096912
Nah, there was no movement mentioned there.

Elves fleeing middle Earth would have been the right answer!
>>
>>44096651
Because elves are stuck up superior bastards?
>>
>>44096651
Orcs are just corrupted Elves so theoretically they would be allowed into the Elven afterlife.
>>
>>44096651
Why are the orcs fleeing from their own land?
>>
>>44096651
Human kings are notorious for welcoming clanless orcs as mercenaries and slave labour. That has nothing to do with elves.

As for rise in half-orcs, well, these are actually pretty rare because most mothers who decide to give birth to them actally wanted them in first place.

I'm much more concerned with alarming number of half-ogres around.
>>
>>44096651
I feel that I should be concerned that more people care about the Second Amendment than the First.

... I should really get a gun.
>>
>>44096774
Dwarves or the men of Dale in The Hobbit?
>>
>>44096651
why are you so intent on taking a huge steaming trump on my favorite blue board?
>>
>>44097882
Don't like it?
Be like a real fa/tg/uy and turn it into a conversation about lore.

Honestly, human kingdoms would improve if you added loyal Orcs. Not only do you have a strong militant caste, but also a group who already understand the basics of mass-production.

You can in fact jumpstart the Age of Industrialization in your world. Especially if the humans involved come up with interchangeable parts, and the Dwarves the ability to mass-produce steel.

I don't think Elves will be too useful until the transistor, but hot damn you're gonna have complex computers when you do.
>>
>>44097949
What system and setting are you even talking about?
>>
>>44097949
>Not only do you have a strong militant caste,
Who will overthrow your democracy and institute an orc rulership caste first chance they get. cf. Janissaries.

>>44098000
Dunno. Cultural suicide is pretty insane, I agree.
>>
>>44098127
>Who will overthrow your democracy
>human kingdoms would improve if you added loyal Orcs
>human kingdoms
>kingdoms

What is reading comprehension? No one said shit about any pansy ass democracy. We Divine Right of Kings son, and if the king says they're a-ok, then that's good enough for me. I ain't ending up with my head on a pike.
>>
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 1122x742) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 1122x742
>>44097949
The elves would end up like the noldor
>>
>>44097949
>orcs
>loyal

Racial diversity is real, anon. As the PHB shows, orcs have int penalties. Reduced int in a population group results in higher crime rates.

If we imported humans instead of orcs, crime rates would not increase. Do you want to increase crime, and by how much? Is increasing bandit raids a way for you to justify a new scrynet for watching loyal peasants' bedrooms?
>>
>>44097826
>half-ogres

H-how!?
>>
>>44098615
Don't ask. Weird stuff comes out of the south.
>>
>>44098615

Extremely ambitious men with eclectic tastes?
>>
>>44098614
You're being selective with your evidence. Orcs may statistically be more likely to join raiding or mercenary groups, but those organizations are of little threat to a healthy kingdom. But when we look at cults and conspiracies, who do we find involved the vast majority of the time? Elves and Tieflings. THEY are the true threat to a healthy kingdom. Not your fearmongering over backwards greenskins.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 900x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 900x644
>>44098614
You don't have to be high INT to recognize the importance of stable economy and charismatic leaders.

Look at late 1800's, early 1900's America. Quite a few industrialists had no education whatsoever, and were just clever.
>>
>>44098722
Every noble with an axe to grind always ends up blaming their problems on one of the other races.

If it weren't for the orcs, I'd have caught the eye of that girl back when I was young. If it weren't for the elves, people would recognize how smart I am. If it weren't for the dwarves, the king would recognize my accomplishments.

Never willing to deal with the fact that if even among humans in a human kingdom you're a failure, removing everyone else will not improve your lot one iota.
>>
>>44098960
Actually, once civilized it seems dragons, undead, and other humans are the main enemies of man.

Problems with elves, dwarfs, and halflings are petty matters while orcs only harass regions with poor control over their outskirts.

By the Napoleonic era, orcs would no longer be a threat.
>>
>>44099098
Are we pretending for the sake of this conversation that humans have any way of assessing threats more refined than pure animal fear of the unknown?

I know Alfindel's vision of the world is an attractive one. But you leave the humans unsupervised for ten damn years and their cities will be in flaming ruin and their kings will be shepherds with fancy swords.
>>
>>44099224
If that was completely true we'd all be ruled by huscars still and clans wouldn't be a silly concept.

As far as early medieval goes, almost literally everyone is an enemy.

I'm talking about as time progresses, when lasting alliances and vastlt metropolitan populations begin to be a realistic possibility.
>>
File: orcrapeface_zpsbf3c2732[1].jpg (27 KB, 370x288) Image search: [Google]
orcrapeface_zpsbf3c2732[1].jpg
27 KB, 370x288
AYYYYY YO we gun' steal yo gurlfriends hyoo-menz. We wuz warchiefs 'n shiet.
>>
>>44096651
In our setting, they did.
The Orcs were allowed to settle as deep as the young woods AND they MUST plant a new tree for every one they chop down for firewood or lumber.
This was non-negotiable and reinforced by the forest Goddess.

The relationship worked out rather good so far and now the orcs form a nice barrier to further protect the forests.
>>
File: factory journal.jpg (46 KB, 563x353) Image search: [Google]
factory journal.jpg
46 KB, 563x353
>>44098615
You don't want to know.
the gnomes did this.
>>
File: 1389732028058.jpg (156 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1389732028058.jpg
156 KB, 800x600
>>44099790
And here I was thinking that gnomes were just mischievous tinkerers.
>>
File: Ogrillon.png (3 MB, 1089x1485) Image search: [Google]
Ogrillon.png
3 MB, 1089x1485
>>44098615
Rape or Fae degeneracy.
>>
File: 1449213575768.jpg (166 KB, 853x797) Image search: [Google]
1449213575768.jpg
166 KB, 853x797
>>44096651
Because they'll get spores everywhere, it takes ages to clean those up.
>>
>>44099847
depends on the setting
that one was Arcanum
>>
>>44096651
>>
>>44099878
Use fantasy Orcs, they have females.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.