[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This card. You know what it is. How do we win in Modern with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: seance.png (242 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
seance.png
242 KB, 750x1050
This card.

You know what it is.

How do we win in Modern with it?
>>
>>44093794
>No Haste
You don't apparently
>>
>>44093862

Just because Anger isn't legal doesn't mean this card is bad in the Modern environment.
>>
>>44093794
reddit.com is that way.
>>
File: broken card omg.jpg (24 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
broken card omg.jpg
24 KB, 223x310
the combo that will shake the heavens
>>
>>44093794
Great, more Snapcasters.
>>
>>44093794

What if we put it in a deck with creatures that self sacrifice for effects? That way the goal is to get double the value out of those creatures by sacing them more than once, with the additional benefit of chump blocking with them first by bringing them back on an opponents turn?
>>
I had a friend who built a seance reanimator deck, I don't know the whole list, but I know plopping grizzlebrand and then drawing all the cards featured prominently.
>>
>>44093794
Depending on how cute you want to be

Normal tier:
Eternal witness
Seige rhino
Restoration angel
Snapcaster mage
Wall of omens
Anything else with a enters the battlefield trigger

Magical Christmas land tier:
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
Sundial of the infinite
Growing ranks
>>
>>44094832
Why not just run actually good reanimate effects that come down earlier and have the creature actually be able to attack without jumping through hoops? i.e. Goryo's Vengeance
>>
>>44093794
are you that reddit poster that spent like 70k paying people to burn seances and tried to convince some redditors to pilot a seance modern deck at a gp?
>>
>>44094857

Restoration Angel is much weaker than Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage. Resto is a common trap in Seance decks.
>>
>>44095193
Restoration angel also has flying and works on your value creatures when you have no tokens.
>>
>>44094601
Combining this card with delve would be great
>>
I remember there being a deck that ran this back when it was in rotation but I can't remember it for the life of me. I also had a friend that ate one when he got it in a pack because he said it was more valuable as shit.

Do a doubling season deck with it and make it with something that can burn or something like that
>>
>>44095447

Hopefully...
>>
>>44095311
I thought the same thing. Combos with Soulflayer
>>
>>44095193
Wait, are Seance decks a thing?
>>
Some guy posted a Séance list on /tg/ around when DTK came out. He claimed it was going to break modern. Obviously, that hasn't happened, but this list still has some really interesting things going on.

2 Plains
8 Island
1 Ghost Quarter
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Flooded Strand

4 Cursecatcher
2 Drowned Rusalka
3 Sidisi's Faithful

2 Alchemist's Apprentice
2 Spiketail Hatchling
4 Voidmage Prodigy

4 Spiketail Drakeling
3 Silumgar Sorcerer

4 Séance
2 Master of Waves
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Worship

1 Azami, Lady of Scrolls
4 Mulldrifter
>>
>>44098966

I remember that post... He came back after the weekend of testing and said the pro team he was testing with stopped inviting him after that lol
>>
>>44096317
There were a few in standard.
>>
>>44098966
Totally building this. Looks fun as fuck.
>>
>>44095447
Self-mill with Angel of Glory's Rise and Lab Maniac
>>
Somebody over on r/spikes (yeah I know, reddit, whatever, shut up), came up with this list. It's pretty much Jeskai Twin with a cool Séance combo bolted on.

4 Deceiver Exarch
4 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
2 Electrolyze
4 Path to Exile
2 Remand
4 Arid Mesa
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
1 Mountain
1 Plains
2 Sacred Foundry
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Steam Vents
1 Sulfur Falls
4 Séance
2 Pestermite
4 Thought Scour
4 Faithless Looting
2 Think Twice
2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
1 Mirror-Mad Phantasm
1 Laboratory Maniac
2 Cascade Bluffs
1 Flooded Strand
2 Mystic Gate

SB: 3 Anger of the Gods
SB: 2 Dispel
SB: 3 Spellskite
SB: 3 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Wear // Tear
SB: 2 Kor Firewalker

The basic idea is you get Mirror-Mad Phantasm into your graveyard, then Séance it out on your opponent's upkeep and activate its ability, milling your entire yard into your library. Then on your upkeep you Séance out Laboratory Maniac, and Think Twice to win the game on the spot.

Someone in the thread suggested dropping the twin angle for Gifts Ungiven as well.
>>
>>44098966
So the guy who posted this is a reddit faggot, who was paying faggots on reddit to destroy as many copies of the card.
>>
>>44102444
Pretty much. But Seance is a fun card.
>>
>>44094601
Pointless synergy, the best kind.
>>
File: FruitcakeElemental.jpg (89 KB, 373x521) Image search: [Google]
FruitcakeElemental.jpg
89 KB, 373x521
>>44094857 :D
>Magical Christmas land tier:
>Sundial of the infinite
>>
>>44093794
K I L L Y O U R S E L F

seriously fucking scammer pile of shit
>>
>>44105009

Calm down.
>>
File: magic.gif (590 KB, 300x254) Image search: [Google]
magic.gif
590 KB, 300x254
>>44100921
I had that same combo idea before with this magical christmasland deck:
Note: This was before Dig was banned in modern

Paranormal Investigations

3 Séance
1 Mirror-Mad Phantasm
1 Laboratory Maniac
3 Gifts Ungiven
2 Idyllic Tutor
4 Serum Visions
4 Swan Song
2 Negate
1 Think Twice
4 Faithless Looting
2 Desperate Ravings
4 Dig Through Time
2 Taigam's Scheming
4 Gitaxian Probe

1 Sacred Foundry
4 Flooded Strand
3 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
2 Plains
1 Watery Grave
1 Godless Shrine
3 Steam Vents
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Mountain

SB: 3 Pull from Eternity
SB: 2 Evacuation
SB: 2 AEtherize
SB: 2 Ghostly Prison
SB: 1 Suppression Field
SB: 1 Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 1 Unburial Rites
SB: 1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
SB: 1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
SB: 1 Stormtide Leviathan
>>
>>44095193
>Restoration Angel is much weaker than Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage
I'm going to need you to stop posting, Anon.
>>
You trying to get deck ideas to secure that 40k dollary-doos yourself?

Kind of surprised that moron hasn't found anyone willing to grab 40k just for showing up.

What OP's most likely doing: https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/3w2iko/the_guy_who_paid_people_to_destroy_s%C3%A9ances_is_now/
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.