[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New Alignment System >Good You do what you need to survive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
>New Alignment System

>Good
You do what you need to survive and make money. You don't owe anyone anything, but that also means you don't hold grudges.
You feel compassion for strangers, even if that only means it hurts you as you're forced to hurt them.

>Bad
You'll do anything to get what you want. Tears and pleas don't move you, you'll exploit anyone and everything. You don't respect anyone beyond yourself, acting with pride and dignity no matter what you do.
You have no desire for friends, only subordinates.

>Ugly
You're petty, selfish, shameless, disgusting, despicable, and you don't give a damn. You'll help others when it'll help you, you'll betray them when it suits you, and while you won't resort to cruelty until its necessary, it's hard to find someone crueler than you when you put your mind to it.
>>
What if you resort to cruelty before it's necessary?
>>
>>44092267
That's Bad.
>>
>>44092284
But what if the cruelty was meant to protect strangers?
>>
>>44092305
Someone get this boy scout out of here. Nah, it's Good.
>>
>>44092305
That's when You throw alignment out because you were never supposed to think about it that much, seriously
>>
>>44092320
I'd say we'd need context on that. The reasons WHY you'd protect those strangers through cruelty would be how you'd determine the action's alignment.
>>
>>44092320
It might be Ugly.
>>
>>44092342
If it's out of compassion, it's Good. It says, "You feel compassion for strangers", and the fact that you might still hurt them if you feel forced to seems mostly like an example of how far it can go. If it's just for one's own benefit, it's Bad or Ugly.
>>
>>44092359
If it's only to benefit yourself, sure. Could be Bad as well. Maybe you're out to do good things so you'll get a good rep so you can fool them. That'd be either Ugly or Bad. But if it's just because you want to help, Good.
>>
>>44092217
I choose based Tuco.
>>
File: 1402718675398.png (177 KB, 320x462) Image search: [Google]
1402718675398.png
177 KB, 320x462
>>44092217
Approved.
>>
>>44092652
>keming
>>
>>44092459
Probably the most fun to play.
>>
File: poster_204575-small.jpg (41 KB, 640x305) Image search: [Google]
poster_204575-small.jpg
41 KB, 640x305
What would Weird be?
>>
>>44096102
Korean.
>>
>>44096102
Negative modifier to vision.
>>
>Good
>Bad
>Ugly
>Weird
I like it.

I mean, i still don't care for alignment, but I could see prompting players with that when making characters.
>>
>>44096102

Weird would be a film actually using tripwires on horses in the 21st century. It generally kills the horses and is totally unrealistic to boot -- horses don't fall that way naturally, they fall to one side or the other. The only time a horse flips like that is when it hits a solid obstacle at high speed, which makes it a shit special effect that kills horses for no good reason.

Seriously, it's a neat little film, but fuck the people who made that movie.
>>
>>44092652
>...four, my mistake
>>
>>44097465
>expecting Asians to care about animals
>>
>>44100207

Even discounting that, it looks stupid to anyone who knows better. Bullets or explosions won't cause a horse to flip over like that. (Unless maybe the explosion were directly under the horse's rear legs, and probably not even then)
It's not just cruel, it's ridiculous, too.
>>
>>44092284
But it comes with a free frogurt.
>>
>>44102043

That's good!
>>
>>44100539

it's just "horses are like cars of the old west and cars flip over when they explode"

like that's literally all the thought they put into it

im fine with caring when it's something where accuracy counts, but that movie? everything was retarded and i loved it
>>
>>44092217
Sounds like True Neutral, Lawful Evil, and Neutral Evil to me OP.

It's not a bad idea for an alignment system. The main problem is that alignment systems are garbage and we don't need more of them.
>>
>>44103296

I don't mind "our movie is retarded" but "our movie is so retarded it killed a bunch of horses for no reason and you get to watch" is some bullshit.
I watched it, and it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>44092217
This is basically the alignment system that D&D started off with. It was used through to the nineties in the classic line.

So, yeah, good idea, but it's not exactly new.
>>
>>44102657
The frogurt also contains unnecessary cruelty.
>>
File: fridaynighty.gif (39 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
fridaynighty.gif
39 KB, 100x100
>>44104089
You haven't be any chance seen the 1935 version of The Charge of the Light Brigade?
>>
>>44104701
That's bad!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.