[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Ghoran.png (1 MB, 1061x1883) Image search: [Google]
Ghoran.png
1 MB, 1061x1883
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/T5Yknxmz

Previous Thread: >>44076601
>>
>>44081179
ghoran are pretty sexy
>>
So, I've been invited to a silly game and I've decided to make a Pathfinder Magical Girl using the Aegis class, since summoning a psychic suit seems like a great basis for magical girl transformation shenanigans.

However, looking into it, how reliant will I be, as an Aegis, on putting shit together on the fly? Looking at the rules for how customizations work, it seems like I'll be rebuilding a significant chunk of my character every fight. Is it as confusing as it seems, or are there tricks to it?

I'm also going to be using some of the material from the Path of War 2 googledocs, specifically the Aegis customizations which grant Maneuver Progression. My question is, how does this interact with the Aegis's ability to chop and change customisations all the time? Can I change my maneuvers known almost as easily as I can change my maneuvers readied? Can I swap out entire Disciplines on the fly? I get that it's playtesting content, but I'm trying to figure out the intent behind it, and if I'll be gimping myself by mostly sticking with a standard setup and tweaking the details, like speccing into energy resistance if an opponent has elemental attacks and so on.
>>
>>44081179
Do you think we'll ever get a playable ghost PC option, /pfg/?

>>44080940
>>44081124
>>44081166
So at level 19, you can shoot a blast dealing 10d6 (*1.5 if you empower it) plus an extra 22d6 to 48d6 untyped damage, +another 6d6 if you overchannel, -2d6 to empower it, or -4d6 to maximize it (if you took those metapsionics). 300 damage +10d6*1.5 seems pretty good to me, even if it's not winning the DPR olympics, the average CR 20 monster has 370 hit points.
>>
>>44081277
Fuck you, that gif fucking spooked me
>>
>>44081277
And don't forget that even if this is Fort, you're Con-SAD. You're gonna be able to afford as much Constitution as you want, and Elemental Overflow /also/ buffs Con (and stays up for a round after cashing out your burn, so you can keep getting its benefits most of the time).
>>
>Lorewarden Fighter - 10
>Human

>stats (without items)
Str: 20 (+2 for human, +2 for levels at 4&8)
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 8

>Feats
LVL 1 - Power Attack
LWB - Combat Expertise
Human - Weapon Focus (GreatAxe)
FB1 - Combat Reflexes
FB2 - Improved Sunder
LVL3 - Greater Sunder
FB4 - Smashing Style
LVL5 - Smashing Crush
FB6 - Cut From the Air
LVL7 - Weapon Material Master
FB8 - Smashing Dent
LVL9 - Spellcut
FB10 - Targeted Blow

>Advanced Weapon Training
LVL9 - Versatile Training (Axes)

Skills: 2(fighter)+2(lore warden)+2(int)+1(human)+1(favored class)+2(versatile training)
Survival - Maxed
Bluff - Maxed
Spellcraft - Maxed
Appraisal - Maxed
Knowledge (Religion) - Maxed
Knowledge (Arcana) - Maxed
Knowledge (Nature) - Maxed
Knowledge (Planes) - Maxed
Knowledge (History) - Maxed
Linguistics - Maxed

Rate build?
>>
Any way to get Guided Hand (Use Wisdom instead of Str or Dex for deities favored weapon) as an Inquisitor with minimal dipping? (It requires Channel Energy, Channel Smite, and proficiency with favored weapon).
>>
>>44081277
>>44081302
Alright, fair enough. I'm the person who mentioned the sorc fireball damage, but I wasn't really comparing it to anything. that all actually sounds pretty decent.
>>
>>44081253
Have a character sheet for each suit you want to wear and no suit. You can only change customizations with a long process of like 8 hours, and all your customizations apply to all your astral suits (if possible). You'd have to use uses of Reconfigure to change anything in combat.
>>
>>44081315
Is Versatile Training actually worth it over something like Armed Bravery? Are you actually going to use both Bluff and Survival? You could probably take ranks out of Linguistics and use them for Bluff instead.
>>
>>44081342
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapons-non-core/weapon-property---guided
>>
>>44081179
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t144?Welcome-to-the-Arena
These guys are all so entry level, seriously, one guy even suggested a rogue
>>
>>44081368

But there's also spending PP for extra Customisations, and the Initiator version allows you to swap out one Customisation per 4 levels as a full round action, along with regaining maneuvers. Still, from the sound of it it's not as crazy as I feared, thank you.
>>
Is there a good way to scale up Swallow Whole for a PC?
>>
>>44081179
If anything losses me off about Ghorans, it's the face.
If it's going to be made of petals, why a face at all and not just a flower? These weird half-faces look terrible.
>>
>>44081512
Can't synthesist summoners get a hold of swallow whole for themselves? I remember running around with a basic eidolon that ate trolls, and synthesist can do anything the basic eidolon does.
>>
I'm running a game of Pathfinder and I have a new player coming in who wants to play a Gunslinger. I don't have problems allowing guns, but I've never had them involved in a game I've been in before so I'm not that familiar with them. I know the general opinion is that they're bad, but the player is very set on the idea of playing one and I'm not going to try and talk him out of it. What I'd like to know is what level of advanced firearms is best to allow. Should I just go all the way up to modern firearms?
>>
>>44081541
Are you cool with Path of War? Are /they/ cool with Path of War? I'd go with the Gunsmoke Mystic if yes to either, instead of the Gunslinger.
>>
>>44081530
No clue, really.
>>
>>44081541
Remove misfires and attacking touch AC in the first range increment and a lot of guns' badness goes away (though reloading and being expensive as hell still happens to be a problem, they're in roughly the same place but with less problems)
>>
>>44081535
>>44081576
I ask because I'm making a race trait for tieflings that gives them large size, swallow whole, and potentially something else.
>>
>>44081565
I am, but they aren't. They're a new player in general, so even though I allow some 3PP stuff they say they want to stick with Paizo material for now while they're learning.
>>
>>44081253
Oh no, not to worry!

Most of your suit is going to be on defaults. Reason for this is that you use the Aegis System to fill out all sorts of holes,etc that would be much more expensive or harder to get in other ways.

Notably, stuff like darkvision if your race didn't have it. Flight at character level 5*. Powerful Build, later Augmented Weaponry (and a little later still instead use an essence pool + Armory of the Conqueror shape customization), and so on.

You'll quickly find a core that uses up much of your Custom points. Do try to wear real armor later on, the aegis one doesn't scale that well.

As far as customizations go and switching around, Reconfigure doesn't get used TOO much, but it can be handy as fuck in emergencies. You usually shouldn't need it, but rather, you'll know when it's time.

The Initiator Soul is 1pt for SO MUCH GOODNESS. Not only can you switch things on the fly (be careful: if aegis-learned maneuvers/disciplines are deselected, like any other prerequisites anything you built off of those WILL go offline until you reactivate them properly!) but you can do temporary reconfigures with just an action cost, as your maneuver refresh action!

You CAN swap things out on the fly but since that deactivates things and shit needs to be re-readied, it's not usually a good idea in battle.

tldr: You'll build a solid core of "all the time" abilities, customizations, veils, maneuvers and whatnot. You CAN reconfigure and rebuild, not MUST. It's a bonus or target/location prep, not a requirement!

>*Aegis 5 or 3+Student of the Astral Suit. Which you NEVER NOT TAKE unless flat out Aegis 20, but you'll probably want to multiclass at least a little
>>
>>44081624
>magical realms
Keep that to yourself, senpai
>>
So, how can I make an arcane bloodrager that's good at fucking over casters? Race is half elf if it matters.
>>
>>44081629

Student of the Astral Suit? That's the only thing I'm not familiar with. Thanks for all the rest of the advice, that's really helpful!
>>
>>44081681
>anything that can be a fetish is automatically MR
>>
>>44081735
Yes, everything is MR. Haven't you heard?
>>
My party's Warder just perma-tripped a boss in today's session.
Literally every time he did ANYTHING it provoked the Warder who then ran up to him and tripped him. Even when he rolled away and stood up, it provoked, and then he got tripped.
I love PoW.
>>
File: 1445451915605.jpg (208 KB, 728x518) Image search: [Google]
1445451915605.jpg
208 KB, 728x518
>>44081735
>>44081749
...Does that mean I'm a magical realm, anon?

Yes I'm high on painkillers.
>>
>>44081779
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if one or more people in /pfg/ were sexually attracted to you, let along the other boards.
>>
Do you guys think having 30 foot speed poor maneuverability flight as a level 4 PC is overpowered?
Should I avoid taking it?
>>
>>44081253
Be sure to take the Crystal Warrior archetype from UPsi.
>>
File: jade ripley.jpg (18 KB, 240x400) Image search: [Google]
jade ripley.jpg
18 KB, 240x400
>>44081823
>decide to look up gareth's real name on google images
>get this
>>
>>44081681
For context, the racial trait gives the tiefling features of the CR 20 kind of fiend they have a bloodline from
I've made Asura (Asurendra), Daemon (Olethrodemon), Demon (Balor) and I'm currently stuck on the Pit Fiend for devilspawn since I can't decide what kind of power to give them.
A weakened Devil Chills, maybe?

>>44081779
You aren't wrong. You most likely have some sort of fetish appeal to you, although it's likely rare and oddly specific, like a lantern jaw or the fact that you're high on painkillers.
>>
>>44081857
gareth's real name is jade ripley?
>>
>>44081874
Yeah, it's in the books he wrote, although out of politeness everyone calls him Gareth.
>>
>>44081850
As always, it depends. Even certain types of outdoors campaigns can make it hell just to survive the extra attention you get from archers and crossbowmen if you don't happen to be playing a caster that deletes archery from the game.
>>
File: 1412342087551.jpg (78 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1412342087551.jpg
78 KB, 500x461
>>44081890
are we sure gareth is actually male with that kind of name?
>>
>>44081915
As sure as we can get without him posting timestamped pictures of his genitalia, yes. He's explained the story of his name, but I can't remember the exact details. Parents couldn't agree, Jade was a compromise.
>>
>>44081906
I'm playing in Giantslayer
I figure I'll be able to use it to fly up to cunts and stab them in the face rather than mingle around by their feet with the rest of my party
I've never played a character that gets Flight this early, or at all actually, so I'm worried it might trivialize content
>>
>>44081915
>>44081932
My biological father wasn't malicious, just allergic to real life. Mom realized he wouldn't be able to handle fatherhood and left him when I was about eight months old. The only inheritance I'm going to get from him, assuming he doesn't win the lottery and die rich, is a set of jade & amythyst jewelry. I was named for the gem; if I'd been born female, my name would be Amythyst.
>>
>>44081952
Well, that's the least creative backstory for someone's name I ever head. No offense to your folks, of course.
>>
>>44081952
are you sure you aren't actually a green hedgehog on deviantart
>>
File: 1449621655366.jpg (433 KB, 1277x1920) Image search: [Google]
1449621655366.jpg
433 KB, 1277x1920
>>44080675
Could make them like the Spiritualist or whatever that occult class is (Or like the Living Legend Soul Knife).

>The Schemer
Plots upon plans upon conspiracy. Teaches you everything you'd ever want to know, so long as it conspires with his grand plan. Spells or spell like abilities?
>The Fury
Unending hatred, that lashes out at your body and the world around you. If you let your guard down for even a moment, there will be blood. Natural weapons.
>The Angel
Soft, gentle whispers. Never forceful, her voice asks you to commit atrocious acts. She promises you a peaceful rest by her side, but the price she asks is high indeed. Dunno about power here.
>The Human
It's you!

Just throwing spaghetti at you right now and seeing what sticks, really, but I do like the idea of tying fluff to mechanics.

Makes no sense to shoot range touch attacks when you have some sort of hungry wolf inside you or something.
>>
>>44081952
No wonder you always seem so jaded
>>
>>44081203

Ghoran are also delicious.
>>
>>44082012
CARLOS I KNOW THAT'S YOU
>>
>>44082001
This is beginning to sound a lot like synthesist summoner but with evil ghosts instead of bullshit.
>>
>>44081853

That isn't on the srd, right? Any recommendations for finding a copy?
>>
File: 1354832975086.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1354832975086.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
>>44082012
That one's a real gem
>>
File: 1448926151909.png (474 KB, 719x765) Image search: [Google]
1448926151909.png
474 KB, 719x765
>>44082001
This honestly sounds more like a Medium at this stage, particularly the compulsions. Get powers, but you have to act in a certain way.
>>
>>44082001
>>44082037
Or another take on the daevic.
>>
File: Restoration-Angel-Art.jpg (338 KB, 1000x731) Image search: [Google]
Restoration-Angel-Art.jpg
338 KB, 1000x731
>>44082001
>The Angel
Why is my dick diamonds?
>>
>>44082046
http://dreamscarred.com/product/ultimate-psionics/
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6223084

Don't forget to vote for moneyfags DSP commission
>>
>>44082065
>>44082071
Basically what the Harrow is, except the beast within doesn't want to pay rent peacefully.
>>
File: Lautrec.png (504 KB, 546x941) Image search: [Google]
Lautrec.png
504 KB, 546x941
>>44082001
>>The Angel
>Soft, gentle whispers. Never forceful, her voice asks you to commit atrocious acts. She promises you a peaceful rest by her side, but the price she asks is high indeed. Dunno about power here.
>>
How would a solar fare against other appropriately CRed challenges?
>>
>>44082001
>The Beast
Something a bit like your Id manifest, it's an uncivilized animal that takes what wants and does what it wants without thought for others, consequence, and potentially itself. Probably physical buffs and stuff like a barber's rage.
>>
>>44082127
So, a Medium.
>>
>>44082130
>never forceful
man, that's some visual metaphor
>>
I've taken the leadership feat and have decided to bring in an illusionist wizard as my cohort. The party has several casters of divine and arcane, of 2/3s and full, but no actual full arcane casters yet. What schools should he oppose? Enchantment is out for flavor reasons, or else I'd have probably already picked it. So far I'm leaning towards necromancy and abjuration. He won't be helping the party out in combat very much, aside from indirectly by making scrolls on the cheap for the party. Am I going to be missing out on much by taking those as my opposed schools?

Also, I haven't decided what to do with his latest (9th level) feat yet, so I could have him take Opposition Research to get rid of one of his opposed schools. So, I could do that, if there's nothing better to do with his feat. Again, he's not really going to be directly involved in combats.
>>
>>44082141
Probably wins if he wins initiative or loses if he doesn't. Or wins if they're not 9th level spellcasters.

In a slugfest it's case by case.
>>
>>44082141
We discussed this last thread only with Gold Great Wyrm. Solar would win if it got initiative. Anything else would most likely win in a straight up slug fest, even with the dancing great sword.
>>
>>44082001
Isn't this just the Binder Class from 3.5e?
>>
How do I claim my incentive for my gofundme donation?
>>
>>44081315

>Lore Warden

garbage, pretty much completely eclipsed by other archetypes/feats that have come out since then
>>
>>44082190
sure, but it's mostly compatible with those, right?
>>
>>44082001
Hrm...

Off the top of my head I wanna say that I wanna go more primal, more sideways, but I'm also high as fuck so...
>>
>>44082168
>>44082170
It's got spells though
>>
>>44082170
Why would a Solar and a Great Wrym Gold Dragon be fighting anyway? They're both Good.
>>
File: CWY7ZAy.jpg (94 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
CWY7ZAy.jpg
94 KB, 1500x1000
>>44082250
Primal would work great for a base class. Could swap it up with the archetypes as you move away from primalness.

Why are you high?
>>
>>44082152
I suggest it makes you immune to rotschreck, and makes you attack wildly with abandon. You also no longer take a penalty on actions at the bruised health level.
>>
>>44082168
>>44082170
>>44082261
Sure it was against a gold dragon but not others
>>
>>44082105

That's actually a really reasonable price. I'm so used to gaming pdfs being ridiculously jacked up it's refreshing to see one that's more than reasonable. They've got my cash.
>>
>>44082300
It's all pretty much the same, it either insta wins with wish and gate or gets boned because it is a shit melee.
>>
File: 1431325395976.jpg (294 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
1431325395976.jpg
294 KB, 800x1132
>>44082298
>You also no longer take a penalty on actions at the bruised health level.
You in the right threat matey?
>>
>>44082190

Not compatible with eldritch guardian, mutation warrior, drill sergeant, works with martial master though
>>
>>44082250
>but I'm high as fuck
That inspires me.

>the Phantasm
A strange and alien being that attempts to alter how you see, hear, and feel the world to it's whims. It's goals are strange and enigmatic (if it even has any) and change from day to day, from a desire to conquer he'll to reading for old people.

>the Tulpa
A part f yourself broken off from the rest, it's like you. It has the philosophy you have, thinks the same way, enjoys the same things, but it may have it's sight set on something very, very different.
>>
>>44082170
Which thread was this?
>>
>>44082298
0 hit points, you mean?
>>
>>44082363
>>44068936
>>
One of my players is playing a Construct.
Meaning that if his character ever hits 0 HP, it instantly and irreversibly dies forever.
I want to come up with a houserule that'll help with that.
Right now I'm thinking that rather than be permanently forever-destroyed he just collapses into a pile of shit, and if that pile of scrap is brought to someone proficient with the construction and repair of constructs, he could be "resurrected" for a price.
However, there is surely a good reason constructs are instantly forever-destroyed, right? Could you guys share some thoughts on this?
>>
>>44082429
Look into the Living Construct stuff for Warforged from 3.5. It makes constructs fairly balanced for play.
>>
>>44082429
Constructs have a shitton of immunities and bonuses, it might be better if you just let him die and then bring in a new character.
>>
>>44082376
Nope, bruised. Gotta roll to avoid the beast when you smell, taste, or see blood, though.
>>
>>44082429
Paizo made it so that golems and similar creature don't get knocked unconscious and shit, since that wouldn't make sense

Lazio wasn't thinking about the idea of a construct race at all at that point,.

I think it's pretty reasonable for them to be fixed, and perhaps for a party member to become good at repair. He might also learn some skills himself so he can heal.himself.
>>
>>44082449
I've already houseruled that he can be affected by mind-affecting effects. The rest seems an alright tradeoff for having no ability score bonuses and no modifier to total health.
>>
File: 1438181712912.jpg (539 KB, 1960x1400) Image search: [Google]
1438181712912.jpg
539 KB, 1960x1400
>>44082474
So when I become a vampire, does the stupid hair come with it or is that just the mind rotting away?
>>
>>44082295
Read the thread, nigger, he's on painkillers in a hospital.
>>
>>44082283
>Mengkare
>good
>>
>>44082520
You keep the same bad haircut as when you were embraced. Make sure to get a haircut ahead of time.
>>
>>44082572
>hospital.
wait i thought he was just high as a kite in his house cause of some tooth pain or something
is he alright?
>>
>>44082572
Well, the good news is I'm at home now.

Still high on painkillers though.
>>
At what level do enemy CMD becomes too high for Toppling Spell / Telekinesis spells to work?

I heard that higher level enemies have insane CMD.
>>
>>44082429
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/memory-of-function
>>
>>44082576
>being this defensive
>not knowing gold dragons who stay golden are O B J E C T I V E L Y Good
>>
>>44082608
Fuckin' paizo
A wizard spell for anything
>>
>>44082584
I would say 12+ going off the average CMD of monsters.
>>
File: rider40th.jpg (718 KB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
rider40th.jpg
718 KB, 2400x1350
>>44081253
I am going to tell you how to make a transforming hero in 3.P.

>Apply the Petitioner template to an intelligent magic item (it's a Construct), giving it a CR of 1 and thus making it playable as a monster PC. Then take a level in any class. It doesn't matter which, though something based on mental actions is probably best.
>At lv1 take the Human Heritage feat from the 3.5 splat Races of Destiny, causing you to count as a human. At lv3 take the Racial Heritage feat, which allows a human to count as one other humanoid race. Choose blue.
>Take 8 levels in aegis, using the blue's Annihilator racial archetype from UPsi (who becomes Medium while in their astral suit). Pick up the Quick Suit and Student of the Astral Suit feats along the way, and select Extra Passenger as a customization.

You now have a magic belt, wristband, gemstone, etc. that can transform into a suit of Medium armor and equip itself to you as a free action.
>>
>>44082584
>TK
>1d20 + CL + Int mod
I'd reckon around level 11 or something like that. That's where they're in the CMD of 40+
>>
>>44082584
The highest CMD in the game (ignoring 3pp) is 97, belonging to Cthulhu. At CR 25 you're going to be looking at a CMD in the mid 60s for demon lords. High, but far from impossible.
>>
File: you're a fucking faggot.png (2 MB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
you're a fucking faggot.png
2 MB, 1053x1070
>>44082665
>Apply the Petitioner template to an intelligent magic item (it's a Construct)
Hahahah what the fuck are you retarded? Petitioners are literally souls in aligned afterlives, you can't make one from a construct.

What next, make a half-celestial angel?
>>
File: nanomachines son.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines son.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>44082710
RAW, son. It hardens in response to logic.
>>
You guys ever feel like your GM has it out for you?
>>
>>44082745
Of course.

>>44082820
>tfw foreverGM
>>
>>44082261
I was saying if the Solar's opponent doesn't have spells the Solar will almost certainly win because it does have spells. Most 20+ cr encounters have magic anyhow but there's a few who don't, or who don't have relevant magic (the Terrassque, for instance, which a smart Solar would utterly smash).
>>
>>44082824
Do you ever single out a player and have everything dump on him all the time?
>>
>>44082691
mids 60 is still pretty high. Any advice on how to boost my Telekinesis CMB up there?
>>
>>44082820
Yeah, 3 level twos vs 2 Basilisks. Resulted in a TPK. Next session we went fight in an arena. The first two guys we fought were using a third party class, and it was only me and the DMPC. He then said after that "I knew you guys wouldn't survive, next time I will actually plan something out ha ha".
>>
>>44082660
>>44082682
Thanks.
>>
>>44082820
I'm the GM, so no.
>>
>>44082848
Nah, and I really don't understand why anyone would.

>>44082894
See >>44082848 then I guess.
>>
File: 1438197640923.jpg (127 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
1438197640923.jpg
127 KB, 1024x749
>>44082919
Not really. If I have that much of an issue, I boot them, or if the group doesn't feel the same way, I leave.
>>
>>44082871
>"I knew you guys wouldn't survive, next time I will actually plan something out ha ha"
Why are you even playing with someone like this?
>>
>>44082943
That's a hell of a boner.
>>
>>44082952
It was my very first Pathfinder game, I quit after that comment. Now I am in a happy relationship with my current DMs
>>
File: 1446062131914.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446062131914.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>write some big ass homebrew on a pastebin on kindle
>close kindle to do something
>come back
>everything is gone
WAKE ME UP can't wake up
>>
File: 1447034891673.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1447034891673.gif
11 KB, 408x408
>tfw I'm playing a handsome blonde choir boy Zweihander Sentinel
>tfw I get endless shit for my dogmatic faith by certain members of the party

It ain't easy worshiping Apsu as a human.
>>
>>44082980
>being this dumb
At least use Google Drive, it autosaves shit.
>>
>>44082998
Isn't Apsu the god of Dragons not Dogs?
>>
Never took Squire/Leadership before and never saw anyone else do it either.
I have two questions:
Do I actually need to ask my GM if I'm allowed to?
Who controls the cohort, me or the GM?
>>
>>44083025
Teeechnically no, but it's smarter to. It's a NPC, so by default your GM, but most GMs are open to discussion about that. Ask your GM.
>>
File: black_ooze_by_der_reiko-d5yr4o0.jpg (153 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
black_ooze_by_der_reiko-d5yr4o0.jpg
153 KB, 1000x500
What's that one oddball character idea you'll likely never get the chance to actually play?

I really want to play as an awakened ooze. None of that goo-girl stuff, just a big 'ole pile of caustic protoplasm.
>>
>>44083111
So a mezlan?
>>
>>44083024

The dog was meant to convey the fact I am hanging in there with a happy, doggish grin on my face.

In actuality, the sorceress and cleric of the party like to rib my character about living with a gold dragon, since it's suggested my character has a touch of dragon blood in him.
>>
>>44083157
More like he has a spongy tube of dragon blood lodged in him.
>>
>>44083111
Have you tried asking nicely to play any random slime with the id ooze template?
>>
File: 1449549986629.jpg (107 KB, 862x919) Image search: [Google]
1449549986629.jpg
107 KB, 862x919
Post patrician waifus.
>>
>>44083193
Aren't you supposed to take your own advice?
>>
File: dont.jpg (172 KB, 667x418) Image search: [Google]
dont.jpg
172 KB, 667x418
>>44083193
>>
What exactly do people have against Leadership (the feat) in general, and have there been any attempts to fix those problems?
I want to take it but my GM says he's got an issue with it and apparently Leadership is a common point of hatred.
>>
File: Redeemed Succubus.png (810 KB, 693x782) Image search: [Google]
Redeemed Succubus.png
810 KB, 693x782
>>44083193

You know it's true.
>>
Remember to always bully waifu posters.

>>44083242
A lot of people try and cheese it to break WBL via craftbots or action economy. Since it gives you a whole new customizable PC, it's more or less the strongest feat in the game.

>>44083262
>used goods
Die.
>>
>>44083242
You're basically playing a character for one feat.
Most of the time, if the player is allowed, they make it a crafting bitch.
So it's all the crafting feats for one feat, and it doesn't even take up your time.
Then you have the dozens of followers.

Now multiply that by 4 because everyone took it.
>>
File: 21 - 2cTDF3b.jpg (14 KB, 536x459) Image search: [Google]
21 - 2cTDF3b.jpg
14 KB, 536x459
>>44083267
Hey, just because no one wants to use your goods doesn't mean you have to take it out on others.
>>
>>44083268
>>44083267
Well what if you DON'T cheese it?
What if the character you get is, like, a bard that sings your praises, and your followers are just guys with swords and shit?
What's the problem then?
>>
>>44083302
Imagine doing combat with 5 players, 5 cohorts, and the monsters that is needed to challenge that party. That's before 'dudes with swords'
>>
>>44083302
Absolutely none
>>
>>44083267

>Used goods

She's completely pure where it counts.

Her love.
>>
>>44083302
Lack of trust from DMs, and sometimes turns taking longer.

>>44083296
That insult doesn't really work when you're the one fantasizing about imaginary women on /pfg/.
>>
>>44083318
What if it's just one player?
>>
File: 1446987742333.jpg (959 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
1446987742333.jpg
959 KB, 1256x1631
>>44083111
You could ask a GM if you could play an Apallie. They're already awakened, believe that they're a small version of a preexisting race (and even a preexisting individual), and are only like CR 2.
>>
>>44083262
>people complain about WotR being unrepentant shit
>they keep posting her
>apparently is a top waifu qt
>>
>>44083355
Iomedae is the shit on an otherwise perfectly average burger.
Arueshalae is the frosty on the side.
>>
>>44083355

If she was in any other AP she'd be a top shelf qt, since she pretty much encompasses everything you'd want in a waifu.
>>
>>44083355
>succubus so racial qt bonus
>succubus so god-tier in bed
>wants pure love which pulls at the heartstrings
Gap moe is a thing, and a redeemed succubutt is it incarnate.
>>
>>44083355
Outside of the obvious issues with book 5, and Mythic in general being absurd, it's not terrible.
>>
>>44083355
You can have a top shelf patrician waifu in a crap AP, anon.
>>
>>44083355
She's low-hanging fruit. Emotionally damaged, low standards, falls for the first nice guy, still a shapeshifter who's great in bed. Exactly the sort of thing that appeals to the pathetic beta males who fantasize of "waifus".
>>
>>44083334
this would be great fun actually
'GOD LEFT ME UNFINISHED!!'
>>
>>44083421
Am I the only one that wants to seduce/impress the Queen of Mendev to implement a diabolistic crusader state?
>>
>>44083355

When you have a DM that knows what the problems with WotR are, and how to fix them, the AP is actually really fun.
>>
>>44083462

The Queen of Mendev is a loveless Christmas Cake that only wants to squirt out an heir after the Crusades are over and then find a nice, quiet place to kill herself.
>>
What are some things I can add to a 1st-level party's dungeon that will have a massive influx of new players beyond the 4-man party of the previous session? They're nearly all complete beginners.

Are there things at that can show off parts of the CMB/CMD aspect of combat better than others? Should I even limit those to creatures who are good at them? Also I don't think there are any Will save effects in any of the module's challenges, which I view as an oversight.
>>
>>44083481
Unless Iomedae tells her to become her Herald.
>>
>>44083481
>not wanting to bring joy and love into her life
Subhuman tbqh
>>
>>44083488
>Are there things at that can show off parts of the CMB/CMD
That fucking crab.
>>
>>44082429
Use this little guy's special construct abilities:
http://pastebin.com/pgPZPnMm
>>
>>44083494

>Not bullying Irabeth into it

She's tired of the campaign by that point and wants nothing more than to go home and scissor Anevia, forcing her into becoming the fuckboi of a goddess like Iomedae would be hilarious.
>>
>>44082820
I'm just trying to coax you into using your fucking perfectly appropriate ability and then feel like you serve a purpose in the party.
>>
Why do people consider mythic to be shit?
I fucking like it
>>
>>44083504
I'm not using that fucking crab! It's not even appropriate for a 2nd level party like it says!
>>
>>44083465
Some of the problems, unfortunately, are not fixable.
>>
>>44083535
Context?
>>
>>44083498
>not wanting to let the Queen kill herself like she wants
>not bringing love and joy into succubutts
>>
>>44083549
Most of the shit for martials is stuff they shouldn't need mythic to do, and PoW does a lot of it as well/better. Most of the shit for casters is just insane and makes them much better when they were already the top of the heap.
>>
>>44083576
>not doing both
Underachiever.
>>
>>44083555

Which ones? My DM's just been rolling with Mythic since that just turns every encounter into heavy metal album covers, and beyond that he's just changed pronouns here and there to make everything feel less "Wow, look at all these progressive NPCs" and made Iomedae's encounter into a raw "cinematic" encounter.
>>
>>44083599

>Risking what you have with big booty 'Rue for the tired old dime-a-dozen blonde Queen.
>>
>>44083628
>succubus
>monogamous
>>
>>44083549
It's not very well balanced (even for Paizo) with shit ranging from the awesome Mythic Eldritch Heritage and Mythic Vital Strike to useless like Mythic Weapon Focus. The Mythic Tiers aren't much better.

My biggest problem personally is that it just ends up making shit to weird.
>>
>>44083578
>using PoW
>ever
>>
>>44083646
why not?
>>
>>44083639

There's nothing that suggests Arueshalae would be fine with an open relationship, and a lot to suggest she wouldn't, namely the whole "I'm emotionally vulnerable and desperate for tru wuv" thing.
>>
>>44083646
I do have a lot of grievances from the system, especially shit like Extended Defense letting you be untouchable for a full round and Black Seraph letting you ignore immunities to spam Intimidate to panic everything under the sun, but it's better than core martials.
>>
>>44083639
>implying Rue is looking for polyamory
She wants to find a one true love, anon.
>>
>>44083550
People learn best through pain, anon.
>>
>>44083670
>implying your tulpa/headcanons are real
Anon...
>>
>>44083641
How does it make stuff weird?
>>
>>44083710
Um, no, one of the criteria for her redemption is to basically have true love with a good-aligned mortal and have that love returned.

Not to mention
>She longs for the day she might meet someone with whom she can experience real love. The man or woman to connects with her as a person and a friend could develop a relationship with her that's as strong and enduring as any the wounded world has ever known.

Of all the Paizo waifus, she's probably one of the least open to polyamory.
>>
>>44083670
She's finding true love as a path to redemption. Once she's fully redeemed and is basically Desna-lite polyamory should be on the table. It's not like Desna would disapprove. Heck, as flighty and hard to entertain as she is it'd probably be more fitting.
>>
>>44083755
How is any of that prohibitive of polyamory, especially given Paizo's attitude towards the goddess of cucкoldr--love?
>>
>>44083759
>Oh, hey, I'm redeemed now! Guess I can start having multiple sex partners again!
>>
>>44082298
the hell is bruised health level?
>>
>>44083803

We're going to run out of good gods to have stupid memes about soon. Who's next, Torag?
>>
>>44083818
Do you have a point?

>>44083839
I'm assuming it's an autistic joke/reference towards WoD's Vampire games.

>>44083852
Don't worry, we never will.
>>
>>44083852
Well, Gorum is Crom-lite, and that's kind of memeish, but nobody objects to that one.
>>
>>44083852
Does Torag even do anything? Actually now that I think about it, I know nothing about dwarves. Tell me about Golarion's dwarves, /pfg/.
>>
>>44083818
More like "My true love thinks we should try out other people and my inherent flightiness from being Desna's self insert makes me curious."
>>
>>44083852
Torag had one. Something about his paladin code being okay with genocide of your enemies.
>>
>>44083869
JJ hates dwarves so they get no development.
>>
>>44083759

>She longs for the day she might meet someone with whom she can experience true love. The man or woman who connects with her as a person and a friend could develop a relationship with her that's as strong and enduring as any the wounded world has ever known.

This doesn't sound like polyamory.
>>
>>44083869
Live in mountains, build stuff, stubborn, greedy. Have their own gods no one cares about. Have a shitty history where their great empire kind of broke apart. Same as every other generic Dwarf civilization.
>>
>>44083734
The way Mythic Tiers are stapled onto characters with a totally independent advancement. Path abilities and feats, which I like on their own, get too out of control when they're all thrown together. I don't think Pathfinder handles Exalted-esque power levels well.
>>
>>44083890
>>44083869
>>44083852
Behold, part of Torag's paladin code:

"Against my people’s enemies, I will show no mercy. I will not allow their surrender, except when strategy warrants."

NO SURRENDER.
>>
Why haven't we gotten a reformed fiend that isn't a succubus? They have a lot of potential for both motivations, mindsets, and relations with both the party and other NPCs, but Paizo has only given us "succubus who desires true love" and "succubus who desires to become an Montreal Lord for no real reason".
Nocticula trying to become a Montreal Lord isn't even all that useful of a move AP wise since she won't be able to break Pazuzu's Staff.
Since only a reformed Demon Lord, can break it, and she'll be a Minnesota Lord.
>>
>>44083488
>>44083504
>>44083550
Make them aware that the upcoming floor of a room is a partially-real illusion. Make will saves to believe in it, else fall into some shallow water and face the monstrous crabs waiting below. Since not everyone will make it, people who successfully believe in it can make it to a crank in the wall (or multiple cranks) that will tighen the chains on the pincers, tying the arms down so that the people who fell can climb up the ladder at the exit.

Free excellent dungeon room that flexes will saves, an overlarge party can all contribute to, and shows off CMB; you're welcome.
>>
How does /pfg/ feel about using custom spells/powers against PC's? I don't mean shit like "you die no save durr hurr", but simple shit like "blasts you with wind for X damage"?
>>
>>44083897
Unless you think strong and enduring relationship can't have sex with anyone outside of the relationship then nothing in that excludes polyamory.

Monogamy would totally be in the cards but if, say, you're some air headed Desnan prodigy who romances her and you go "hey let's ask that paladin for a threesome" or whatever then she's not going to turn it down because she wuvs you the most, atleast not inherently.

There's nothing about a Desnan worshipper or about finding one person you love the most that makes you monogamous, especially in Paizoland.
>>
File: Redeemons.png (103 KB, 1859x248) Image search: [Google]
Redeemons.png
103 KB, 1859x248
>>44083924

I tried doing seven reformed demon concepts a while back, but I think they still need further development.
>>
>>44083924

Because none of the other Demon Lords seem all too interested in becoming Michigan Lords, which is terrible since I distinctly remember a Demon Lord of Technology that would make one HELL of a god.
>>
>>44083940
Why don't you just use the "blasts you with fire for X damage" spell? Custom spells always seem cheesy in some way.
>>
>>44083940
Unless you got pain in the ass players, Players largely don't care what's going on behind your DM screen as long as it's fair and entertaining.
>>
>>44083906
>>44083921
Perfect, now I want to play a cleric or ordained defender that worships him.
>>
>>44083960
Because I want a wind themed enemy?
>>
>>44081731
Building off of what >>44081629 said, as I'm currently playing an Aegis with Initiator's Soul, the best and I mean absolute best feat you can acquire for that customization is Weapon Group Adaptation.

Any weapon you select with it will apply to /every/ discipline you use. It seems kind of silly, but if you find yourself using a discipline a bunch and pick up Discipline Focus, you'll be using your favorite weapon with that +2 damage and +2 to DCs from the maneuvers, even at 12th+.

Seriously, it's good shit. Aegis is an awesome class, even if it can't solve every problem in existence. I love it, and my group is only tired of me saying "but AEGIS" whenever they bring up a soft spot in their own class.
>>
>>44083940
Just use the spell creation template. It's literally in the rules and blast spells have the easiest rules to adhere to so that you're not being particularly unfair.
>>
>>44083953
Jubilex has Sloth and Nocticula's fuckboy brother has Lust, so if we're going with the setting being Golarion they should probably be the Demon Lords associated with those sins.
>>
>>44083989
Then use a wind themed spells or I think there is a cleric domain that grants a damaging wind power. You don't have to use just damaging spells to make a good enemy.
>>
>>44083953
Somebody posted something about a redeemed vrock paladin a couple of days/weeks back.

Was pretty heavy, especially the part about meditating on the names and identities of each person felled by your hand who may not have deserved it. Every day.

The wielding a battle axe and heavy metal music was pretty cool too.
>>
>>44083924
>succubus who desires to become an Montreal Lord for no real reason
>Montreal Lord
Why would anyone ever want to live in Quebec?
>>
>>44084008

Yeah, I'm not particularly well-versed in Golarion's lore beyond the more prominent gods, so I was speaking in more general terms.
>>
>Improved Initiative [Mythic]
>The bonus on initiative checks granted by Improved Initiative increases by an amount equal to your tier. This bonus stacks with the bonus from Improved Initiative.
>you now have infinite initiative from Improved Initiative stacking with the bonus from Improved Initiative
Why has the editor for this book not been fired?
>>
>>44084037
No one has been able to take the initiative!
>>
>>44084037
Same-source bonuses don't stack more than once.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82 KB, 336x347
>>44083945
>There's nothing about a Desnan worshipper or about finding one person you love the most that makes you monogamous

>mfw a DM could totally have Arueshalae sleeping around, but it's okay because her heart is always for her husbando and her husbando alone.
>>
>>44084013
>he joins his first mass obedience with the other paladins
>they are all very wary of him, if not outright terrified, but are somewhat comforted by the fact that he's most certainly reformed since no demon would put the work into a ruse of that level
>they begin reciting the names
>the rookies are either silent or speak for a few seconds
>the more dedicated go on for minutes
>the most devout go on for half an hour
>the crock recites the names for five whole hours
>paladins are crowded around him, watching the list go by
>after he finally finishes, he flies off
>in that moment, every Palladian knew
>he's gonna carry that weight
>>
>>44084061
>allowing your DM to kekold you
Disgusting.
>>
>>44084078
>allowing the filter to cucкold you
Disgusting.
>>
>>44083928
The crab basically instantly KOs 1st level characters with each of its 2 claw attacks. And then it is dropping them in shallow water while they're in negative hit points and it's fighting everyone else.
>>
>>44084077
How do you get anything done with 5+ hours of the day gone to praying? He must be really inefficient.
>>
File: 1446001799617.jpg (32 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
1446001799617.jpg
32 KB, 396x353
Guys.

Help.

The fat initiating dicks of DSP have ruined me for anything else, I am literally incapable of playing a Paizo martial *or* a spellcaster now, when I'm hunting for a campaign I look first to see if Path of War is allowed, and if not than I just move on.

You could call me a Whorder, or Whorelord, if you wish.
>>
>>44084078
>>44084084
>allowing the filter to interact with you in any way
>evading the filter
the lot of ye, bastards
>>
Does a reformed demon Lord automatically turn into a Mississippi Lord, or do they need super magic bullshit for that?

I ask because the idea of a demon lord with a layer of the Abyss all to himself and uses it to hold an order of Palladian sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>44084100
I know the feeling Psionics has killed my enthusiasm to play any other sort of caster bar the alchemist.
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15 KB, 560x407
>>44084078

Hey man, that's why I'm saying it's That DM behavior.

Worst? This would be happening late Book 3, so you're already too invested in the campaign to bug out unless the waifu taint is too real.
>>
>>44084101
>acknowledging the subject of that post
Plebeian filth
>>
>>44084100
Is it really that good of an add on? It looked really complicated which is why I have avoided them, but if they are THAT good I may give it a try.
>>
File: salute big boss.gif (938 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
salute big boss.gif
938 KB, 350x200
>>44084077
>>
>>44084095
He probably learned how to say it really fast after practicing it for a long time.
when he gets going, it sounds like Celestial, yet meaning nothing.
>>
>>44084127
>Is it really that good of an add on?

Allow me to give some perspective.

If you ripped the disciplines, maneuvers, stances and other initiating mechanics out of the Warder, it would *still* be one of the most interesting, fun and "what the fighter should be" martials in Pathfinder.
>>
>>44084088
Everyone needs a disastrous wipe to start their D&D days.
>>
>>44084127
Sort of. It gives you a lot of options in combat and can make formerly-useless concepts viable, but if you optimize it then combat becomes unfun because it's essentially a solved game and there's no element of skill or luck. Also it does absolutely nothing to let you contribute outside of combat.

>>44084148
Incredibly low bar tbqh
>>
>>44084127
You learn a certain number of powers, and you choose a certain number of those to use once per encounter. You can take a special action (varying by class) to use a handful of them again. And you have a number of "stances", any one of which you can enter as a swift action.
>>
>>44083940
Go the fuck ahead. I usually toss on a couple of weird abilities for vaguely important enemies, then let the players try and figure out how to do them if they want to devote character shenanigans to them.
>pseudomonk from antiparty has dr/magic, turns all ghosty instead of being hit
>demon-favored boss bleeds centipedes that get everywhere
>timey wimey midboss 'undoes' a single action per round
>giant crystal golem breaks into swarms of smaller crystal golems
>breathstealing ghoul turns to smoke to travel through tight spaces and can mimic the voice of anyone whose breath it's stolen
All done without explicit rules.

>>44083953
>Show me this mortal thing you call... love.
>>
show me playable full undead
>>
>>44083921
>>44083890
>>44083906
>>44083986
Look at the rest of his paladin code.

My word is my bond. When I give my word formally, I defend my oath to my death. Traps lie in idle banter or thoughtless talk, and so I watch my tongue.
I am at all times truthful, honorable, and forthright, but my allegiance is to my people. I will do what is necessary to serve them, including misleading others if need be.
I respect the forge, and never sully it with half-hearted work. My creations reflect the depth of my faith, and I will not allow flaws save in direst need.
Against my people’s enemies, I will show no mercy. I will not allow their surrender, except when strategy warrants. I will defeat them, yet even in the direst struggle, I will act in a way that brings honor to Torag.

>word is bond, pretty standard
>stand by your oath, defend it to the death
>no idle shit-talking
>allegiance is to your people, mislead others if you have to
>can allow misleading/dishonesty depending on situation
>respect the forge, give your all to what you do
>no mercy to your enemies, no surrender

It's a pretty decently good paladin code for your average murderhobo.
>>
>>44084190
>playable
>undead immunities
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>44084110
I have a sinking suspicion that current JJ is from a bizzaro universe and that he murdered the JJ that wrote the Alchemist.
>>
>>44084218
As much as I dislike blaming SJWs for everything I'm honestly fairly confident that the decline in his general quality, both politically and creatively, is due to the pressure and stress of being harassed to be politically correct by SJWs in the workplace and fanbase.
>>
>>44084024
Everything besides the major God's and things that get their own AP have essentially no lore on them, so don't worry.
>>
File: cleric of rovagug.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
cleric of rovagug.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>44084287
or maybe you got older and stopped having such shit taste, jj was always metzen-tier
>>
>Kitsune Knight Chandler
>Trait in Cursed Razor
>Take that one racial sub to get fluffy tail instead of bonus feats
>Equivocate star ball and candle
>Bring good luck and buffs to those that deserve it
>Hand out cruel and unusual curses to those that deserve it
>Be CG and decide who deserves what essentially on a whim
Should I make this more weeb, less weeb, and also tips for Knight Chandlering?
>>
Post a monster you want as a playable race.
>>
>>44084316
Not undead.

>>44084311
More detail. Also, essentially on a whim is CN, not CG.
>>
>>44084316
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/cat-great/lion

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/manimal
>>
>>44081179
>/pfg/ homebrew section
>lacks raceanon's races and the bodak/jyoti from a few threads ago
A're races just put somewhere else?
>>
>>44084311
scribe scroll if you have a nerd in the party and they'll love you forever.
>>
File: 1443323102383.jpg (521 KB, 674x1280) Image search: [Google]
1443323102383.jpg
521 KB, 674x1280
>>44084311

Become the fox your party deserves, anon.
>>
>>44084311
If you haven't already, make sure to check the changes to Chandler (an anon may have a doc link if I can't summon Forrest to provide it) so that you're using the most current version.

What advice do you need or want on playing a Chandler?
>>
>>44084446
That outfit would not cover her breasts if she so much as jogs.
>>
>>44084311
What are Knight Chandlers even about?
>>
>>44084311
Chaotic doesn't mean roleplaying an inconsistent character.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.