[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could a Shadowrun decker fuck up a Digimon by hacking it? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: Digimon.full.1707809.jpg (4 MB, 3200x1756) Image search: [Google]
Digimon.full.1707809.jpg
4 MB, 3200x1756
Could a Shadowrun decker fuck up a Digimon by hacking it? I'm actually curious, because Digimon has pulled off some serious power bullshit in the past, but they are still data so a decker could probably fuck one up.

If one can, what's the most a decker can mess up when it comes to Digimon?
>>
>>44079807
Well, they're lifeforms so if you don't know what you're doing you could always end up with something like diaboromon

Man now you made me want to find my digimon VHS tapes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUYmZsgjFwI
>>
I only recognize the front three, who are the two on both sides?
>>
>>44079868
Xros I think
>>
>>44079867
Problem is most deckers will know what they are doing.
>>
>>44079868
>the two
Oh yeah okay so:
>Xros Wars
>Data Squad
>Adventure 02
>Adventure
>Tamers
>Frontier
>Xros Wars Season 3
I think the art is for the season three of Xros Wars when they had that big crossover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbRWKZNdAU
>>
>>44079807
I would think so since digimon are data, but I'd think that it'd be as complicated and convoluted as making a kangaroo grow wings through mutations
>>
>>44080090
So in other words, complicated but difficult. Imagine trying to explain that shit to somebody else.
>Ok so like, these things are living and shit right? So if I don't do shit to their data they will leak into reality and become physical because they are living data...or some shit. I don't fucking know, I just know if I don't press the right buttons then dinos come out.
You'd look like a fucking lunatic if Digimon were kept under wraps, even to the people that are hiding it with you.
>>
>>44079807
They probably could but WHO is that heretic NOT WEARING GOGGLES?!

Burn him! He is the false prophet! Slay the bringer of the end of days!
>>
File: Galactimon02.png (213 KB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
Galactimon02.png
213 KB, 640x416
>>44080284
Well, just pray that nothing really fucked up comes out.

Like this eldritch abominatiion.
>>
>>44080090
THIS plus you land in Australia at a random location. From there: Go find the Kangaroo, while only being able to look through a view finder.
One doesn't just plug in and "Find" a digimon, you gotta search the Digital world. Most of which like our planet isn't teeming with life digi-life everywhere, only in some spots.

And assuming you do all that. Remember there is a chance that if you fuck it up in the wrong way, you just corrupted it into a Virus of some kind, it's 10x more powerful, and it wants to kill you, or make using a computer an ordinal for you for the rest of your life. Because digimon is stupid like that.
>>
>>44080392
That's why you get your own Digimon, and get ties with more powerful Digimon incase something comes out that you don't like. Dragon's are smart niggers, they can make some friends. This can possibly mean that deckers can also get a buff with minor Digimon summons.
>>
File: examon.jpg (214 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
examon.jpg
214 KB, 600x599
>>44080439
Would Dramon & Dragon Digimon be well viewed by Dragons?
Would they be seen like weird cousins?
>>
>>44080580
Digimon are made of data, thus made by humans.
They would be seen as replicas of the original thing. Just exaggerated to all hell, and somehow capable of leaking into reality. God help us if a Dragon manages to fuse or absorb one.
>>
>>44080367
The goggless one punches digigods, let alone super ultimates.
>>
>>44079807
Bump.
>>
>>44079807
>Goggles: the Series
>>
>>44081128
More like powerwank, the series.
>>
File: its_not_a_simulation.png (967 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
its_not_a_simulation.png
967 KB, 960x540
>>44079807
I'd say it's possible for the most talented, because Koushiro came close to doing it in the first arc, that was Ken's whole shtick when he was evil, HYPNOS had some pretty effective digital weapons, and Kurata created a new species of digimon from scratch that could one-shot Ultimates.
The issue is getting a connection. Even the greatest hacker in the world can't do shit to a system he's not interacting with, and the digital world IS NOT RUNNING INSIDE A SERVER IN THE HUMAN WORLD, it's as real as anything else. Or at least, it's a server in a higher dimension built by godlike beings that spans multiple universes, and so advanced it's effectively real.
You'll need to either access the core of the digital world itself (and have the Royal Knights on your tail), or modify a digivice for hacking (which is more limited), but it can be done. Just don't expect to ever have an instant delete button, because you WILL be the bad guy, and you WILL have enemies who resist your hacking through power level wank or sheer willpower. Digimon must defeat digimon, or else there's no point in adding them to your game.
>>
>>44081289
Doesn't deckers mentally and literally go inside systems? The net in Shadowrun has you running around in it.
>>
>>44081317
That's irrelevant if the hacker isn't "plugged in" to begin with.
I dare you to hack the flash drive on my desk right now, that isn't connected to anything or receiving power.
>>
>>44081388
Ok. But how do you get into the core or get a digivice? Does it just happen? Also who the fuck are the Royal Knights?
>>
>>44081409
>Ok. But how do you get into the core or get a digivice?
well you have to be chosen, be a kid, make friends with a digimon or make a wish for one in ear shot of a random digi-elf. no clue about the core bit outside find random hole in the universe and hope you get lucky.
>Also who the fuck are the Royal Knights?
I stopped watching digimon sometime after season 4 so I only know bare bones about these guys but what I do know is that their digimon that serve Yggdrasil the super AI that's pretty much god of the digiworld. they're stupid powerful and could tear up the human world pretty easy if they wanted to.
>>
File: I25qZ2l.jpg (404 KB, 1999x1124) Image search: [Google]
I25qZ2l.jpg
404 KB, 1999x1124
>>44081409

The Royal Knights are the protectors of the Digital World, and of the god of said world Yggdrasil. Their ranks include the likes of Omnimon, Alphamon, Gallantmon, Crusadermon, and the like. These motherfuckers are the Grade A of the Grade A, if they want a motherfucker dead, he dead. Some Digimon may be able to beat them one on one, but no digimon can defeat them all at once, and if you try to hack their god, you're getting all of them at once.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (74 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
74 KB, 320x320
>>44081566
>you'll never be a kid again that gets thrown to another world to befriend cool digital monsters
>you'll never have best digimon
>>
File: DOTS.png (266 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
DOTS.png
266 KB, 400x300
>>44081409
>But how do you get into the core or get a digivice? Does it just happen?
I know you hate hearing this, but it depends on the setting.
Sometimes digivices are handed down from the heavens, and sometimes they're simply built but still rare.
Hacking the digital world from within requires that you physically travel there.
Since you're already crossing over with Shadowrun, it's a new setting, so there's no wrong way to do it.

>Also who the fuck are the Royal Knights?
http://wikimon.net/Royal_Knights
>>
>>44081675
So we can pretty much make a homebrew about this then? Well shit then.
>>
>>44081675
Then how powerful could a decker be ounce he gets his hands on one?
>>
File: deviantart.png (481 KB, 500x780) Image search: [Google]
deviantart.png
481 KB, 500x780
>>44081770
You can and you should. The only existing /tg/ homebrew on the subject is clearly unfinished.

>>44081798
Pic related is only the beginning.
>>
>>44081867
Dear god, they would create a entire army of Digievolved Coldsteels!
>>
>>44081616
that god we mentioned by the way? when it tried to kill 99% of digimon to make more room it took only two royal knights to kill it? it been a while since I saw that movie so they might have killed it or rebooted it either way don't fuck with them.
>>44081620
don't remind me anon I asked santa for a real guilmon when I was a kid.
>>44081798
pretty powerful if you can get it past champion. but if you try >>44081867 then your bound to catch some heat from the digidestined or other digimon.
>>
>>44081675
Doesn't the digimon series have a certain degree of continuity or something? Sure, a shitload of time passes between one series to another, but it's the same world, right?
>>
>>44082020
Some are spinoffs.
>>
>>44079807
Digimon are basically Sprites, so no, a Hacker couldn't reprogram one; you'd need to be a Technomancer to mess with them. You could use your IC and Cybercombat programs to hurt or kill one in Matrix combat, though.
>>
File: fuck_your_power_levels.jpg (40 KB, 493x318) Image search: [Google]
fuck_your_power_levels.jpg
40 KB, 493x318
>>44082020
They're all separate worlds unless they state otherwise, like seasons 2 and 6.5 of the anime. That's why the video games don't have to include every digimon ever made, and always have different evolution trees.
>>
>>44082020
Adventure and Adventure 02 are in the same world. Tamers has A & A02 as fictional stuff iirc.
Frontiers, Data Squad and Xros wars are also their own thing.
BUT of course they all get to cross over, see the video posted near the beginning with the legendary hero thing.
Why the multiversal crossovers? IT'S DIGIMANCY WE AIN'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.