[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General: "Fun" with Crafting Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 1445784447813.jpg (50 KB, 658x930) Image search: [Google]
1445784447813.jpg
50 KB, 658x930
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

What kind of craft charms would you all like to see out of Infernals and Lunars?
>>
>>44078262
>What kind of craft charms would you all like to see out of Infernals and Lunars?
I'm not convinced that Lunars should have Charms specifically for Crafting, though obviously they should have Charms that can also be used to help with Crafting. As for Infernals, I'd kind of like something that lets you use the Craft Ability to 'craft' living beings. It just seems appropriate to me.
>>
>>44078595
>I'm not convinced that Lunars should have Charms specifically for Crafting, though obviously they should have Charms that can also be used to help with Crafting.

Why not?
>>
>>44078674
Mainly because I don't see how such specific Charms could feel like Attribute-based Charms rather than Ability Charms in denial. Obviously I'd had nothing against it if the devs or someone else came up with Lunar Craft Charms that feel thematically appropriate for Lunars, but I don't see Lunars having a set of Craft Charms as all that important. Something like, say, a Charm that lets you complete the design part of any project in your dreams, shortening the time actual execution takes, maybe giving some Craft XP but also benefiting other undertakings, would be more to my taste.
>>
First for Morke and Holden are liars
>>
>>44078960
Reminder that ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>What kind of craft charms would you all like to see out of Infernals and Lunars?

At this point I will settle for "interesting and actually designed to work in tandem with the Craft subsystem, not against it".
>>
>>44078960
Gracious, what a meigh-meigh!
>>
>>44079221
I prefer to call it funposting friend
>>
>>44079651
Just because the Ebon Dragon approves does not make it a good idea. Besides, he's a complete dick.
>>
From the last thread: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qp1rHy1Tm-jQBWEtPIj1G4JSol9xYFCRBEnZZKNm1K4/edit

Alchemicalsfag is no longer just Alchemicalsfag, but Homebrewsplatfag.
It's his adaptation of Infernals to 3e, go bask in it's incredibly WIP majesty.
>>
So, I've only started playing now that 3e has come out, and I'm confused as to how Artifact attunement works, and as far as I can tell, most of my questions aren't explained in the books--and if they are, I would appreciate if you could point me at the proper pages so I can pass it on to the rest of my group.

On a basic level, how does attunement work? What happens to committed motes? Do they respire? Does attunement from your peripheral pool count towards anima flaring? How long does attunement last? Does it persist through Summoning the Loyal Steel? If I am disarmed, does attument persist--assuming, of course, there is no charm in effect that specifically mentions that attunement is lost? What about if I voluntarily put an artifact down without expressly removing attunement?

Thanks in advance, I know it's a big list.
>>
>>44080453

>On a basic level, how does attunement work?

You meditate on the artefact for a few seconds, suffusing it with your power.

>What happens to committed motes?

They can't be accessed as long as the artefact is attuned. Effectively, your mote pool is that little bit smaller.

>Do they respire?

Committed motes don't respire until the commitment is dropped.

>Does attunement from your peripheral pool count towards anima flaring?

Never.

>How long does attunement last?

Until you drop the commitment.

>Does it persist through Summoning the Loyal Steel?

It does.

>I am disarmed, does attument persist--assuming, of course, there is no charm in effect that specifically mentions that attunement is lost?

It does.

>What about if I voluntarily put an artifact down without expressly removing attunement?

Attunement will typically last for a full day in this case.

There's a bit more on attunement on page 594.
>>
>>44078262
1. Fuck Infernals. Making shit is the axiomatic opposition to their flavor.

2. Lunar crafting should specialize in temporary solutions, immediate solutions, and flexibility. The old Charms that let you re-craft moonsilver into whatever you wanted on the spot were pretty much ideal for how their crafting should work.
>>
>>44080668

>1. Fuck Infernals. Making shit is the axiomatic opposition to their flavor.

What is Autochton. What is Malfeas and Ebon Dragon making the Sun in Creation.
>>
>>44080453
>On a basic level, how does attunement work?
You shove some essence into your artifact, and it reacts by (generally) becoming a fuckton lighter(unattuned artifacts weigh in the hundreds of pounds, sometimes tons), but only to you. It's still heavy as fuck, unless charms/rule of cool apply to let you walk on flimsy flooring without breaking it.

Everything else, >>44080651 is right about.
They changed attunement in 3e, so it's reflexive/instant, so you can do dumb/cool stuff like yoinking someone's sword from their hands then immediately using the first evocation that everyone who attunes gets for free against them. (Immediately as in on your next turn, probably, because you already spent your combat action for this turn stealing their sword.)
>>
File: Infernals3eHomebrewversion0.1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Infernals3eHomebrewversion0.1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44080421

As the person who wrote it, I want to vomit all over it. Then again I treat all of my works like shit until they can reach some approachable. That 1.0 Alchemicals document makes me cringe for example.

The google document allows comments now, and those that want the PDF version can get it here.

I may do Revlid's SWL set next (Mainly because I like psychic powers more and an NPC in my game will probably need it soon).
>>
File: FirstTsurugiDiagram.jpg (50 KB, 600x931) Image search: [Google]
FirstTsurugiDiagram.jpg
50 KB, 600x931
Sticking with the subject of crafting, but moving away from craft itself; what artefacts have you creating or come up with? The dearth of Evocations (or rather rules to come up with them) has left me hankering to see what other have come up with.

Based on the Hidden Dagger Axe from the leak, the Ultimately Useful Tube from 2e, the Fusion Sword from Advent Children, and every single weapon from Bloodborne, I've been thinking of weapons that come in multiple forms, such as a Grand Grimcleaver that can be turned into a spear and shield. This would be used to switch between different weapon tags and weight categories on the fly depending on what's the most useful at the time, and also to allow switching between different fighting abilities based on what's needed.

What have you guys come up with?
>>
>>44080668
>Making shit is the axiomatic opposition to their flavor.
How so?
>>
>>44080975
In the game I'm currently playing in, our Night got himself an Evocation that allows him to basically go into the Assassins Creed "the background fades away and its just you and your target having a chat"-effect when he kills someone with that dagger. His character themes heavily revolve around retribution and revenge and unraveling the mysteries behind his kingdom's coup by a foreign nation.

Its pretty cool stuff, even though I came up with that idea for the ST to brew around with.
>>
>>44080651
>>44080904
Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.
>>
>>44080975
Eh, mostly just TES artifacts, though less game-like and more lore-like effects.
Like soul gems which if not filled enough start leeching the soul of the guy carrying it, which can be burnt for Sorcerous motes
>>
File: Dagoth Ur 02.jpg (138 KB, 620x886) Image search: [Google]
Dagoth Ur 02.jpg
138 KB, 620x886
>>44081904

Seems pretty cool. Ever since I looked at the rules for First Age Artifice, I've been thinking "How do I make Numidium?"

To a lesser extent I've been looking into Dagooth Ur. Creating and unleashing a divine disease, appearing to people in their dreams, being able to see and speak through the infected, et cetera. TES just seems ripe for taking ideas from.
>>
What is the thing underneath Fortitude?
>>
>>44082096

"Deep in the underground, deep down in the farthest-reaching mineshafts, there are tunnels carved by no mortal man. Down in the black dust dwells the primal god of Fortitude.
It is from this being that they derive their fatalist religion."

Tunnels and a god. Probably just a city god, it's up to the ST really.
>>
>>44082207
But would a city-god be that terrible?
I was under the impression that it would be one of those forbidden gods.
>>
>>44082415
>But would a city-god be that terrible?

Fortitude is a fucked place.
>>
>>44082415

Well, what makes him terrible? The local religion is derived from him, the tenants are 1) darkness is great, 2) winter is shit 3) the path to redemption is a heroic life and "immortal" death. Bloody, violent death being great is a big part of many real world religions, and winter in the North is shit for crops and probably brings about the possibility of frostbite and death by hypothermia. The only thing that's suspect is the worship of darkness, but because everyone there is some sort of prisoner-tribesman and darkness provides cover for illegal activities, that's understandable.
>>
>>44082558
They call it a fatalist religion; nothing called fatalist can be good. Not to mention the fact that it's probably hell on a person's sense of selfworth what with the sin of your ancestors being passed down.

Why would they procreate then?
>>
>>44082732

>They call it a fatalist religion; nothing called fatalist can be good.

Fatalism is the belief that all things happen because it is destined to happen. People are destined to inherit the sins of their ancestors and pass it down through the family, with only a heroic death absolving them of sin.

It's a Good Thing that all things in Creation are run by the Loom of Fate. Do you want Creation to end up like the Underworld or Malfeas, or worse, the Wyld?

>Why would they procreate then?

Catholicism typically puts a lot of weight on sin, with the need for regular confessions to your local priest and reciting decades of the Rosary, but how many Catholics do you know who actually do that? And why would they procreate?

Don't assume that just because someone follows a religion that their especially devout.
>>
Then what sort of character could you come up with from Fortitude that wouldn't just be a Prince Diamond(just of a different caste) sort of person; on a quest to redeem themselves?
>>
File: Soldier, Fur coat.jpg (88 KB, 736x1106) Image search: [Google]
Soldier, Fur coat.jpg
88 KB, 736x1106
>>44082987

I actually came up with a Dawn from Fortitude, but I haven't had the chance to play him yet. His main problem is that he's trying to reconcile his lifelong worship of darkness with his recent worship of the UCS. He also wholly subscribes to the belief that might makes right, the strong should rule over the weak, children inherit the sins of their ancestors, and all the other common Fortitude beliefs.

I wanted to make him as a counterpoint to a previous, compassionate, peace and harmony for all type character that I had.
>>
>>44083066
But how did he redeem himself from his inherited sins? Shouldn't he be off trying to commit glorious suicide by combat?
>>
>>44083210

>But how did he redeem himself from his inherited sins?

He didn't.

>Shouldn't he be off trying to commit glorious suicide by combat?

Suicide isn't enough, you've to live a heroic life and have an immortal death. Like I said, he believes that might makes right and it's the place of the strong to rule over the weak. His idea of "heroic" is to conquer nations and subject them to a horrible, oppressive, militaristic regime. An immortal death can be taken as his death going down in history as a Good Thing. Everyone loves to see a tyrant get overthrown right? This guy isn't Drizzt Dro'Urden, he wasn't made to subvert the stereotypes held against his people and angst a lot. He gladly upholds them because he's never been exposed to any other kind of world-view. Honestly, how do you expect a man who grew up among prison gangs to turn out like? If nothing else, exposure to a worldview championing mercy, restraint, and compassion would give him some good points of character growth. Or maybe he'll just murder anyone who gainsays him, he is a Dawn after all.
>>
>>44082987
One of the PCs in my game is from fortitude, and they're not on a quest for redemption. At least not yet. Right now they're just trying to learn how the world outside Fortitude works, and where they want to fit in that world.

Currently leaning towards 'The Strong Should Always Rule' still, but that's what two decades of gang-centric life will do.
>>
>>44080668
So the fact that the Yozis are the beings who literally CREATED ALL OF CREATION and MADE everything out of a mixture of Raw Chaos and "BITCH DO WHAT I SAY!" means nothing to you?
>>
>>44083949
Maybe he's confused and is thinking about Abyssals?
>>
>>44081085
In general, it's because the Yozis are so insanely set on perverting and reclaiming the Creation they lost that they no longer have the capacity to create anything comparable.

Now, GSPs are humans, not yozis, and a lot of lesser demons still have some impressive Craft abilities, but they still shouldn't be pushing the boundaries of possibility like real Solars would.
>>
>>44082415
Personally, I suspect they've got a hekatonkhire down there. Nasty pieces of work, those.
>>
>>44083949
Yozis are no longer Primordials. If you compare the wonders they made when they forged Creation out of nothing to what they've been up to since being overthrown, turned inside out, and castrated, it's like comparing New York City to Legoland.
>>
>>44081967
Maybe he's a Sidereal of Serenity who fell off the wagon? He's simply using a version of the Great Contagion (The Corpus Blight) as a way to bring joy to the masses by eliminating the Great Curse.
>>
>>44086045
The difference between the Yozi and Primordials is entirely political. Also

>New York City to Legoland
You're not exactly making a good point for them not having Crafting Charms.

Legoland is fucking great.
>>
>>44086430
>Legoland is fucking great.
Jade Alchemical that turns into Legoland when?
>>
>>44086430
>Fetich soul killed and body turned inside out
>entirely political
The Exalted didn't just beat the Primordials, you know. They humiliated and crippled them.

But you're clearly deeply committed to Infernalwank, so go ahead and homebrew some rapey rape charms for Craft. It's not like I'm sitting down to play in your magical realm.
>>
>>44080924
will you do uh. Revlid's Kimbery charms? and his lunar internal crafting and stuff charms? I kind of hope those get done eventually. for lewd reasons.
>>
>>44087164
>But you're clearly deeply committed to Infernalwank, so go ahead and homebrew some rapey rape charms for Craft. It's not like I'm sitting down to play in your magical realm.

...What? No seriously, what?

Is this bait? am I being baited?
>>
>>44087274

Some of Revlid's Kimbery? Probably.

Lunar charms? Ask the Lunar guy.
>>
>>44087470
>>44087274

Lunar Guy here.

Fuck if I know, link them to me, and I'll decide tomorrow. Going to sleep like. Right now. probably.
>>
>>44080924
Given that you have branched out, is there any chance you'd tackle Abyssals? They don't seem like they would be too dificult and I know a lot of people who'd love to play them, but you'd be surprised how reluctant they are to both just restyle existing solar charms and make a conversion thesmelves.
>>
I just had an idea for an Alchie charm that does not give you all of its benefits at once. It's a large number of Blue Jade, Moonsilver and Starmetal repulsors installed at key points on your body. While you are still "normal" they don't really do much except for making dodging easier, but when you become a city...they turn you into a helicarrier.
>>
>>44087912

Abyssal's are piss easy to the point where if you really want them, take a can of black spray paint and put them over Solars, pulling out certain charms so other Abyssal charms work. It's actually easier to list what charms are taken out/replaced with Abyssal ones than have 50 pages of "mirror" keyworded charms.

The main Abyssal homebrew I did was back in 2.5e making those Lover charms, mainly as an act of spite.

It ultimately depends on what 3e has in store for them as they already changed their mind about the Deathlord option for them.

Hell, they were so unsure about Infernals and that backlash that they removed any mention of them from the corebook, which kinda caught me off guard since Infernals had a backer preview.
>>
>>44088131
District charms are usually completely seperate from regular ones.
>>44087470
How about Ink Monkeys? By Rage Recast is based.
>>
>>44088207
>Abyssal's are piss easy to the point where if you really want them

Then I patiently await your conversion. Thank you.
>>
>>44088261

Check the document, I've already done some Ink Monkey charms, such as By Rage Recast.
>>
File: 1449251672629.jpg (180 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1449251672629.jpg
180 KB, 500x532
>>44088320
Nois.
>>
>>44088261
>District charms are usually completely seperate from regular ones.
Ah, okay then.
>>
>>44088320
Why are you keeping Infernal Monster Style? It's kinda dumb to put it on equal footing to the Yozis charmsets, instead of being an actual MA. For Yozi based charmsets most combat charms apply to any kind of attack, including unarmed, there's no need to include an MA as a natural charmset.
>>
>>44088592

I like it's themetics. No other reason.
>>
>>44088671
Then just make it a regular MA. They are all very thematic.
>>
>>44085990
And here I thought people hated that about Gethamane.
>>
>>44081904
Cool.
Replayed Broblivion last week, now I want to make Mehrune's Razor and Skeleton key.
>reshape your metaphysical self and cut off your destiny
>unlock your potential etc

>>44081967
>Numidium
Ah, fuck. You sure you don't want to go with Akulakhan instead, I don't think Creation has Jills to fix dragon breaks.
>created by the House Dwermis
>because not sure if creation is real
>because creation is Essence, Wyld is Essence, everything is Essence, what is everything
>or something like that I don't fucking know
>Something something
Forgot where I was going with this
>>
File: Tamriel, post Landfall.jpg (209 KB, 2575x1932) Image search: [Google]
Tamriel, post Landfall.jpg
209 KB, 2575x1932
>>44089597

>Ah, fuck. You sure you don't want to go with Akulakhan instead, I don't think Creation has Jills to fix dragon breaks.

It probably would be Akulakhan instead. I imagine it'd be a bit difficult to find an ST that's cool with Landfall. Although it would make a great plot for a Sidereal game.

>Forgot where I was going with this

TES lore is like that.
>>
>>44089674
I personally like the idea of Dagoth Ur being a Siddie who fell of the wagon.

Can Siddies enter your dreams and fuck around with them?
>>
>>44089737
I think there was a martial art style like that in previous editions.
>>
Is there a dragon blooded version of the online character sheet in the OP?
>>
>>44089737
>>44089745
Theres the Quick Silver Hand of Dreams SMA which does dream and wyld fuckery at the cost of making you even more forgotten than just the arcane fate.
>>
>>44089745
Sorta makes sense for him to be a Sidereal of Endings who got sick of his job then.
>>
I wonder why Dreaming Pearl Courtesan style can't be used with an urumi. I mean it's a giant ribbon-sword, I can't think of anything more girly yet lethal than that!
>>
>>44089763
Trying to justify the Sixth House Ash Creatures and Ascended Sleepers is gonna be fun though.
>>
>>44089737

If they learn Quicksilver Hand of Dreams Style. There's also a spell for it in Ex3. It's possible that you could just make a disease using a sorcerous working that let's you contact people via dreams. As the disease gets worse you can see, hear, and speak through the infected.
>>
>>44089782
I like it. Definitely lets him get around being forgotten by literally everyone.
>>
I know that mortals and dragon blooded can't use Sidereal level martial arts; but does that include things like gods, demons and their half-kids?
>>
>>44089827
Yes.
>>44089769
Because it only uses things available to actual courtesans. You never see them carting around urumi, or any kind of actual weapon, really.

What you should do is make a MA based on urumi and whips.
>>
I have a minor question just to be clarified, Lost eggs born on the Blessed Isle use the outcaste build?
>>
>>44090001
Usually no, if they were adopted into a Dynastic house early enough.
>>
>>44090032
I'm going with said character exalting at 16, though said exalt showed no elemental traits despite having a good breeding score until exaltation
>>
File: meditation_by_josearias-d6vkhb8.jpg (173 KB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
meditation_by_josearias-d6vkhb8.jpg
173 KB, 1095x730
>>44087407
He's probably serious but probably retarded.

Infernal Craft is about wishing up dreamspun wonders whose genesis ruins the village around them, leaving desolation and obsessive reverence in your wake. It's shattering the white jade armor of your enemies with nuclear fire and drawing a grinning nightmare blade from their corpse, whose every Evocation is a song to your glory. It's speaking the resonant names of the Shinma, shaping tree and stone and blushing maiden to the perfect order of your desire. It's submerging yourself in a bath of your enemies' heartsblood and the liquid gold of your loved ones' treasures, and rising pregnant with a living warstrider to be born incapable of mercy or betrayal.
>>
>>44090105
Infernals actually being capable of constructing a Crafting citadel of Flesh and bone.
Perhaps even their own, mayhap even inside themselves.
Making them appear pregnant and going through the trimesters as the artifact nears completion and then subsequently having to give birth to it.

I can see a whole charm tree for this...
>>
So, I've seen the currently active Exalted quest's on TG and here's my opinion from worst to best.

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-the-lost-eggbr/FFr5oZuJuAJHjvKyt This asshole writes like the 2nd coming of norg and has little grasp of what it means to be a dragon blooded.

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-the-suns-chosen/4T2zch4iXXYihWZAM This quest had potential but quickly lost it, the writer compares himself to m-night shamalanadickwangdong

http://anonkun.com/stories/exalted-shadow-of-the-empress/Bj3rBjBqab8NDrGH4/home This quest is better but character gen is aboherrent

http://anonkun.com/stories/dragonblooded-adventures-an-exalted-quest/TxXJYmFRRAeGEq7r5 THIS is the best exalted quest, a good grasp of setting, mechanics and a interesting protagonists.
>>
>>44090315
oops ment to say Anonkun.
>>
File: 1447700375327.jpg (88 KB, 404x462) Image search: [Google]
1447700375327.jpg
88 KB, 404x462
>>44090105
>mfw
>>
>>44090105
Hopefully there'll also be some Charms for creating living creatures, as creating a new species for the job seems to be a pretty standard way of solving problems for the Primordials and demons.
>>
>>44082870
>Do you want Creation to end up like the Underworld or Malfeas, or worse, the Wyld?
>all the Abyssal, Infernal, and Raksha fans suddenly get really awkward.
>>
>>44090674
Shame a Raksha can't become an Infernal or Abyssal.
>>
>>44090315
>the writer compares himself to m-night shamalanadickwangdong
No he doesn't.
>>
Resistance has some cool charms.
>>
>>44091026

Some, but it doesn't really take off without some solid investment, though.
>>
>>44091082
I'm using it for the armor charms and the battle trance charms on my Zenith, and Ox-Body. I don't think I'll need much else.
>>
>>44090715
the fuck's a shamalanadickwangdong?
>>
>>44091138
The guy who writes all the movies with the twist endings.
>>
>>44089166
>And here I thought people hated that about Gethamane.

Gethamane lacked any plot other than 'find the monster and deal with it'. If you weren't interested in that, Gethamane's write-up was worthless. Fortitude at least presents constant gang warfare as an alternative.
>>
File: lius-lasahido-jenny.jpg (335 KB, 990x1320) Image search: [Google]
lius-lasahido-jenny.jpg
335 KB, 990x1320
>>44091138
>the fuck's a shamalanadickwangdong?

M. Night Shayalaman, film director who became notorious for having a twist at the end of his movies. He's faded a lot now (a lot of his movies were shit), but it used to be le epic may-may to misspell his name.
>>
>>44091138
>>44091446
The most popular mispelling of his name, of curse, being Shamalamadingdong
>>
>>44091486
you guys DO know he's making the other avatar movies
>>
>>44091543
H-he is?

The Last Airbender bombed terribly, though.
>>
>>44091543
>you guys DO know he's making the other avatar movies

What a TWEEEEEEST
>>
>>44091367
Gethamane also had weird gods, creepy cults and monsters from the deep.
>>
>>44090315
>This quest had potential but quickly lost it
Eh, I'm liking it so far
especially the smut
>>
>>44091780
I think he mixed up the second and third links, because the third one has a review mentioning M Night Shayalaman or whatever his name is, and the second one has character gen.
>>
File: JustinBeiberSolar.jpg (159 KB, 600x1350) Image search: [Google]
JustinBeiberSolar.jpg
159 KB, 600x1350
What does a male practitioner of Dreaming Pearl Courtesan wear? And would they call their marital art something else?
>>
File: 1445805078604.jpg (50 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
1445805078604.jpg
50 KB, 500x699
>>44091997
Whatever is appropriate for the local culture rich people/nobles/patricians. They would not call it something else: a courtesan is someone that resides in court.
>>
>>44091997
Men can be courtesans in the Exalted universe.
>>
Aren't courtesans just eye-candy?
>>
>>44092103
Yes, that and high class whores. >>44092037 is confusing courtiers and courtesans.
>>
>>44090315
Why are three of these about DBs?
>>
>>44092134
Yeah I thought so.
>>
>>44092481
Because Dragon-Blooded are cool.
>>
File: Solars whitewashed.png (1 MB, 1020x502) Image search: [Google]
Solars whitewashed.png
1 MB, 1020x502
So what is your current Solar character /tg/?
>>
>>44090315
You forgot the best part of the last one:
Sorcerous workings, sorcerous workings everywhere
>>
>>44092481
because they're easier to write in some ways than solars
>>
>>44092042
Also in our universe. What of it?
>>
>>44092583
He's a Dawn caste from the Hundred Kingdoms. Recently he became the leader of his fiefdom after the king died without an heir, so his goal now is to unify the hundred kingdoms underneath his banner.

At least, that's the character I presented when I applied for the game. Still haven't built his sheet, what sort of abilities and charms would be good to take for him? I'm new to exalted, so I'm happy to hear suggestions.
>>
>>44092711
Just that I figured that they'd call their style something different, if only so that they don't get confused with like, the ladies who work in the same field as they do?
>>
>>44093282
It's the same style, just for male prostitute-assassins instead of female ones.
>>
>>44092583
A farm girl turned Zenith after she became the last one standing when undead wiped out her village, who is very confused between the Sun telling her to go out and clear the darkness from the River Kingdoms, and the fuzzy memories in her head teaching her the best and most efficient way to behead anything and everything, and regaling her with tales of orgies and bloodbaths alike.
>>
What is the difference between Breeding 5 and Breeding 1 DB?
What about Breeding 5 and First Age DB?
>>
>>44093540
Mostly how they're treated in the kennels.
>>
Huh.
Revolutionary Girl Utena is pretty much Exalted the school thing or something.
>>
>>44088703

Na, I think it has a form of character that's unique compared to every other Yozi. It doesn't replicate the Yozi's in this case, but rather the horrific idea of something that should not be coming to be.
>>
Is Whitewall less safe of a place for a beginning circle of Solars now?
>>
>>44093745

Didn't the devs want to try to make a highschool DB splat?
>>
Does anyone have the DB preview for 3e?
>>
>>44093748
So fluff it as the Martial Artist seeking dark and forbidden powers to learn this MA.

My main problem is that you put it next to the Yozis. It's like Malfeas, Cecelyne, Eddy and suddenly a martial style? It doesn't fit. It's like Solars getting Abyssal charms.
>>
>>44093807
No, they said they'd make highschool DB a campaign style supported straight out of the DB and Realm books.
>>
File: Dragon Blooded Preview.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Blooded Preview.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44093815
>>
>>44093824

1) Someone already converted it into an MA

2) The amount of custom shit it has for it, in both Ink Monkey's and fan made, is enough of an idea base to make it into it's own charm section.

3) Author privilege, I can add what I want.
>>
File: 1442142775381.jpg (191 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1442142775381.jpg
191 KB, 960x640
>>44092583
A female Zenith caste from Coral who wholeheartedly subscribes to her homelands viewpoint on valuing power, wealth and excellence and plans to take it to its logical extreme by conquering her homeland and then turning it into the West-spanning empire its people have dreamed of it being.
>>
Are there any good rewrites of Infernals? Even just thematic rewrites. I just want something that distills what's good and interesting about Infernals without... you know.
>>
>>44094468
Not really, aside from 'Wait for 3E Infernals'
>>
>>44094490
I'll be dead by then though.
>>
>>44094508
You're going to be dead in a few months? Damn.
>>
>>44094536
Numbers over 500 should not be referenced as "a few".
>>
>>44094575
You know there's a guy who's making homebrew Infernal's for 3e like. Right now?
>>
>>44094591
Oh, were we talking about homebrew? Sorry.
>>
>>44094536
Infernals were the second last splat in 2e, and 3e's release schedule is hellish so I can't imagine it'll be done any time soon.
>>
>>44094609
Yes we're talking about homebrew. The actual 3e Infernals is coming out so far in the future it's basically a nonentity. The homebrewed version might as well be the official thing, since at least we're going to see it before we're old men.
>>
>>44092583
Night-caste Haltan Commandoboo who got exiled because they wanted to keep a strange fae beast that killed hundreds as a pet (and maybe having the blame of an entire group of actual commandos killed stuck on her). So far enjoys wandering; homesickness hasn't hit yet.
>>
>>44094591

I dunno if I'd nominate that homebrew as "everything cool about Infernals" seeing as how he's admitted to cutting some massive corners just because he's lazy (e.g. throwing the Third Circles under the bus again because it's just easier to write flanderized Malfeas as your boss)
>>
I'm trying to get my head around these rules, and there seems to be some kind of contradiction or ambiguity. Does using the Instill action to create a new minor intimacy count as unacceptable influence if none of the target's existing intimacies are being used for or against the action? So if some random asshole comes up to me and starts going on about the merits of something I don't care about one way or the other, can I just tell them to go eat shit without a roll or spending a willpower?
>>
>>44091740
But didn't all that tie back into "find the monster and kill it"?
>>
>>44094704

Not even that, but they're changing Infernals so much they weren't even in the core.

LIMINALS got in the core over Infernals. Something must be happening with them.
>>
>>44094953
When did he admit to that?
>>
>>44094986
no, that's only if you want to create stronger Intimacies
>>
>>44094986
No. The purpose of the new social influence system is, basically, to Instill two Minor Intimacies and then use Instill to rope-and-pulley them into being Defining, then use Instill to do the opposite to all the Intimacies they have that you don't like.
>>
>>44093854
Thanks
>>
>>44095027
Literally in the very last thread.

>>44095075
Note that there's an escalating need for evidence on top of this; you can't just do it in a vacuum.
>>
>>44095075
Really? That seems like a bug they missed. That doesn't seem right at all.
>>
>>44094996
Eh the gods yes, they were survivors of the Monsters attack and binding to Gethamane.

The cult is its own thing, doing weird cultish things and unnecessary sacrifices to keep their mushrooms growing.
The monsters are just there because terrible things live in the dark caverns of the world and Gethamane people have dug deep enough to connect the tunnels.
They might also have some contact with the Earth People because of it... Or they did at one time.
>>
>>44095272
>The cult is its own thing, doing weird cultish things and unnecessary sacrifices to keep their mushrooms growing.

I thought that was partly the monster's influence, but I could be mistaken there.
>>
>>44095267
That's only if you fail a roll.
>>
>>44095268

You need an ever-increasing amount of support for the Intimacies, regardless of the original intensity.

So if you use a Minor Instill "I am awesome" based on your general existence, you have to go out and do something even greater to increase the Intimacy, and something even greater than THAT to increase it again, on top of the other Intimacies you need to leverage.

The best part of this is it completely neuters alpha-socializing, because it's always relative. If you bend over backwards, completely revolutionizing a god's life in a single fell swoop, tripling his cult and getting him an office in Heaven, that's worth... one Instill step.
>>
>>44095298

Nope.

>Strengthening an existing Intimacy requires that the evidence raised or argument made in favor of strengthening it be more compelling than whatever caused the Intimacy to arrive at its current intensity.

Right under the basic description of Instill, not just Retrying.
>>
>>44095305
But three marginally better but still minor favors (One tea, two teas, THREE teas) would be enough to get someone all the way up. Sounds like you really need to prune those minor intimacies the ST tries to slap on you if you don't want to be stuck on autopilot for the rest of the campaign.

And why can't you spend willpower to avoid having an existing intimacy strengthened? Did they just forget?
>>
Hey! Alchemical Guy! What Alchie Charms would let me replicate the Jaegers from Pacific Rim?
>>
>>44095361
>But three marginally better but still minor favors (One tea, two teas, THREE teas) would be enough to get someone all the way up. Sounds like you really need to prune those minor intimacies the ST tries to slap on you if you don't want to be stuck on autopilot for the rest of the campaign.
This is already coming from a degree of ST-player hostility I can't even fathom, so I dunno what to say other than that the language is very clear that the evidence must be more compelling, not just of greater magnitude, and I don't see anyone getting to decide what's more or less compelling for a given character than that character's controller (the player or ST).

>And why can't you spend willpower to avoid having an existing intimacy strengthened? Did they just forget?
Probably because people with greater passions are more interesting than people with lesser passions; same reason weapons have a 2-die advantage over equivalent defense: things happening is more interesting than things not happening.
>>
>>44094998
Infernals have NEVER been in core. There are only 50 of them in the entirety of the setting, and some of those aren't even active, so it makes sense for them to be an unknown factor. Especially since the Yozis are more insidious than the Deathlords/Neverborn.

The Liminals, though? Yeah, they're rare, but they're been around for a while, and people know about them. Nobody knows about Infernals, though, AT ALL, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to ANYBODY that they aren't mentioned in the core book.
>>
>>44095527
There's a ton of stuff that was at least mentioned in 2e Core that has been left floating in 3e Core. Infernals are hardly alone there.
>>
>>44095375

Passenger Hosting Protocol spell on page 235 of the 1.4 PDF.

If you want a Warstrider in some form immediately without needing an ESS 6 partner, Avatar of the Destroyer.

>>44095527

Infernals were never in core because I doubt they were even considered at the beginning of 2e core (and certainly not 1e). Infernals have then were some sort of akuma back then before they became their own type.

They're rare yes, but one of the most popular splats. I reckon the backlash must've caused some fuss and made them heavily reconsider.

I'd pork the Infernal sig in the backer edition though, even if it means my dick would literally melt.
>>
>>44095419
I'd rather get hit with a weapon and possibly die than get stuck playing a character whose personality is effectively dictated from scene to scene by the ST. Kind of like Boromir in DM of the Rings, sometimes death is the only way off the rails.
>>
>>44095669

Or just, y'know, leave, if your ST is that bad.
>>
>>44095665
>Passenger Hosting Protocol spell on page 235 of the 1.4 PDF.
>If you want a Warstrider in some form immediately without needing an ESS 6 partner, Avatar of the Destroyer.
Yeeeaaahh, I was more thinking of replicating the weapons, I KNOW there's a Pile Bunker charm. I'm just not sure on the Plasma Cannons, Floppy Sword, Thundercloud Formation or Chest Dakka.
>>
>>44095734

Oh that's easier.

- Transcendent Multimodal Artifact Matrix, get the submods, install Essence Cannon and use hands free version. You now have Gaun Genocider, Breast Fire, or anything else you what.

- Alternate more exotic weapons (EX: Great Mazinger's Thunder Break making thunderclouds) may be better represented as making bastard evocations charms that rely on having a specific artifact weapon in Transcendent Multimodal Artifact Matrix or a normal artifact weapon.

- Looking over Integrated Arsenal System I completely forgot a submodule I was going to make.

Hands Free Weapons Variant (Dexterity 3, 4 XP per weapon): The Alchemical may now make a weapon chosen completely hands free, generally mounted on the shoulders or legs, but anywhere is fine. This weapons have the same traits as normal and also need to be reloaded as normally as any mundane weapon. Such weapons cannot be disarmed.
>>
>>44078262
So I want to make a custom artifact based on the shapeshifting swordbowbelt from Keychain of Creation. I've got a backstory in mind that involves a clusterfuck of reincarnations all after the same weapon that I could share, but currently all I'm thinking about is evocation design.

Anyone got experience of designing their own? I do like that in the current release of 3e you only have to worry about two at most, and probably an attunement bonus. This weapon, the Hen's Tooth, would be all about shapeshifting to become the right horrifying weapon for the situation, and quite possibly eating the people you stab with it.

Just taking a stab at it myself, lets say that the Essence 1 evocation is a reflexive action costing... something... that lets you change the weapon from its current melee artifact weapon form to any other melee artifact weapon form (they all cost the same anyway, so why not), and the attunement bonus lets you add an extra tag onto whatever weapon you happen to be using (so you might be using a Medium Daiklave which also has the Flexible tag, or a Smashfist with Grappling, or a Razor Claw with Reaching). That evocation lets you change everything around, including the bonus tag. Sound fair?
>>
>>44095730
It's written into the rules,though. Receiving an unwanted intimacy or two is the social equivalent of getting hit. It's a kind of challenge, and a game like this needs tough challenges.
>>
>>44095268
It is completely unintuitive from both the player and GM side to have a qualitative social conflict mechanic where the core goal is to repeat the same action a half-dozen times. It feels really bad and wrong and is just completely obtuse to anyone who ever dares to try playing a social character.
>>
>>44096535
No, it's not. You don't talk to someone once and convince them to abandon their life and become your follower unless they were already leaning in that direction.
You need time to shift the thoughts and believes of someone, that's just common sense.
>>
>>44096535
Nobody says you have to do that when playing a social characters. You can just find out what pre-existing intimacies they have and exploit them, instead of trying to build them up all the way from minor.
>>
>>44096168

There's a huge difference between "receiving an unwanted Intimacy or two" (which is what I agree with and want to happen) and, quote, " get stuck playing a character whose personality is effectively dictated from scene to scene by the ST."

One of these is an intended and possible occurrence; the other is ST malice or incompetence that the rules can't protect you from anyway.
>>
>>44096584
You have accidentally hit upon what is unintuitive about it.

There is no rule that you cannot Instill more than once in the course of a conversation. Intuition suggests you should not be able to do this - the rulebook does not agree with intuition, here. Indeed, the way it's set up encourages you to use it as many times as possible in a given conversation. There may be some limit on it from failures, lack of arguments, ST fiat, etc, but that's what you want to happen.
>>
>>44096613
The difference is only a mater of scale, and not by very much. It's like the difference between taking some lethal damage and dying. And like with damage, the threat of taking too much is what makes it matter. Except dying is a lot more bearable than losing control of your character but still having to play it.

>>44096683
>>44096584
You guys have definitely convinced me to never play a social character and avoid all conversations. Maybe I'll play a deaf character so I can earn some XP for not listening to people.
>>
>>44096683
if you can manage to have three pieces of evidence for what you want, each one a lot more convincing as the last one AND your target sticks around doing nothing while you lecture him for an hour, then yes, you could do all in a day, but it's very unlikely.
>>
>>44096740
>The difference is only a mater of scale, and not by very much.

If you really believe that, I can only repeat what I said earlier
>This is coming from a place of ST-player hostility that I can't even fathom

Oh, and:
>Maybe I'll play a deaf character
It's only a -3 penalty to use social influence through body language, and even less if they've got Charms in the vein.
>>
>>44096740
Under absolutely no circumstances should the GM throw an Instill-focused social character at players. If he does, consider yourself fully within your rights to brutally murder him and mount his head on a pike.
>>
>>44096766
Well, presumably sitting and talking for an hour would only count as an inconvenient task, so after you instill once you could persuade them to stay a while and listen.
>>
>>44096740
>You guys have definitely convinced me to never play a social character and avoid all conversations. Maybe I'll play a deaf character so I can earn some XP for not listening to people.

That's nice. You have fun with that.
>>
File: tumblr_mnigu5TXz61qemz6qo1_500.jpg (157 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnigu5TXz61qemz6qo1_500.jpg
157 KB, 500x281
>>44096776
>It's only a -3 penalty to use social influence through body language, and even less if they've got Charms in the vein.

Fucking Exalted. Whatever. They can interpretive dance at me if they want; that's successes/motes they're not using for other things. Maybe there are some Socialize charms that can achieve the equivalent of the Face Time Party Snoozer.
>>
>>44096859
>Face Time Party Snoozer.

Bruh you know social influence can be used during combat time, right?

MDV: Fist isn't a thing anymore, there's no separation of "face time" and "fight time."
>>
>>44094878

Haltans can be disturbingly chill with fae monsters, they even bring them on their commando raids against the Linowan. I've always wanted to do a character like this.
>>
>>44096859
Social isn't really that bad now, man. They have to work with your intimacies to get you to do anything, and they have to have compelling evidence for you to feel a certain way if they want to instill anything.

Now stop being a pussy, put on the tuxedo, and go to the fancy parties with the Eclipse.
>>
>>44083949
>So the fact that the Yozis are the beings who literally CREATED ALL OF CREATION and MADE everything out of a mixture of Raw Chaos and "BITCH DO WHAT I SAY!" means nothing to you?
Correct. Backstory doesn't mean shit.

Put numbers on the board or go home a loser.
>>
I've never made a Twilight, how diverse are they in Exalted? Like it seems like you either play as a builder and crafter of wonders, or a sorcerer.
>>
>>44080836
>What is Autochton. What is Malfeas and Ebon Dragon making the Sun in Creation.
Those are Primordials, bro.

Infernals ain't them. Infernals are the shit stain in the toilet after Sol Invictus flushed.
>>
>>44081085
>>44085955
This, really. But also because the Yozi are incapable of creating anything bound, as they are, in their oaths to the Exalted Host. The two exceptions being Autochthon and Gaia and they have their own damn Exalted, the former of which pretty much specialize in...craft.
>>
>>44097627
The Yozi can totally create shit dude. What are you talking about?
>>
>>44096859
Uh, the Face can and should be doing things in combat (including sometimes fighting). They can provide enormous bonuses. If they turn your 3 weakest circle members into a battlegroup, they can be devastating along with the staff chick and tough guy.

Nobody is joking when they say social influence is much improved.
>>
File: 19c089cerh77ejpg.jpg (295 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
19c089cerh77ejpg.jpg
295 KB, 640x360
>>44097671
Specify. "Infernals" does not count, because corrupting isn't the same as building.
>>
>>44097740
>>44097671
I like how every argument is ignoring the fact that the Infernals aren't Yozi. They're their own beings.

By that logic, Solars should have no charms that improve lying because the UCS doesn't lie, or Stealth charsm either because the UCS doesn't stealth.

They are the Exalted of the Yozi, that doesn't mean they are entirely limited to what the Yozi can do.
>>
>>44097817
>By that logic, Solars should have no charms that improve lying because the UCS doesn't lie, or Stealth charsm either because the UCS doesn't stealth.

Bruh Conky lied and deceived every second that the Exalted Host was preparing for the War.

His superJesus 2E presentation doesn't work and has never worked in the game's backstory. AztecLucifer or go home.
>>
>>44097587
Or the best doctor in the world, or a nerd who knows things about all kinds of shit, or Sherlock Holmes incarnate(Medicine/Lore/Investigation)

Add to that their new caste abilities in 3e, and you can also be one of the greatest poets/writers in general in the land, a masterful bureaucrat, or one of the most stubborn/powerful fucks among the Solars.(Linguistics/Bureaucracy/Integrity)
>>
File: 1447852047112.jpg (631 KB, 1200x848) Image search: [Google]
1447852047112.jpg
631 KB, 1200x848
>>44097817
>>44097909
Moreover, technically Solars don't have Charms that improve lying. They have Charms that improve their Guile, which is more than simply lying. It's about concealing motives, deflecting attempts to goad emotional responses, and maintain a poker face. They also have Charms that allow them to adopt METAPHYSICALLY SEPARATE personalities.

So your argument doesn't hold banana.
>>
>>44097740
Well, first of all, they made the Phylactery-Womb.

More seriously, everything in Hell is the product of the Yozi. First circle demons are made by second circle demons, and every Neomah's tin-lined nautilus horn tower is thus the ultimate product of Malfeas. Hell is an endless cityscape, full of demons who have built all kinds of bizarre shit. Ligier, the fetich soul of Malfeas, is described in GoD as "the finest smith of all the demons."
>>
>>44096049
I just realized the protagonist of Downwell can be an Alchemical.
>>
>>44098018
>corruption is construction

Already out-of-bounded.
>>
>>44097933
I was looking on making an occult version of Sherlock Holmes; investigating the underworld, ancestor cults, muck up some abyssal plans and know the weaknesses of the dead sort of thing.
I just don't want to be compared unfavorably to other twilights or out done.
>>
>>44098070
If you're going to define shit like, "smithcraft [which] often requires obscure sacrifices" (Ligier) and "spitting forth brass and fire like a spider's thread, each constructs her place of business: a great tower shaped like a nautilus horn" (Neomah) as "corruption" instead of "construction," well, mortal construction is also corruption of raw materials into swords and knives and shit.
>>
>>44098070
Saying that something isn't doesn't make it true.

If that were the case, I'd just say "Words aren't valid arguments" and end this whole mess right here. Saying "Corruption isn't construction", before providing no backup to that claim is idiocy at best.

On that note, it is not just Corruption. They specifically added to the nature of the Exaltation, before used the Exaltation as a sort of battery for their own add-ons to the thing. Corruption is more what happened to the Abyssals.
>>
>>44098134
>muh argument undone
>muh bon mot
>>
>>44098187
Are you saying that first circle demons are corruptions of something that came before? That a sword forged by Ligier using, as one of its components, the blood of an unborn infant, is a corruption of something else? That when a neomah spits forth brass and fire and forges her home, it's a corruption of... what food she ate??? What are you talking about?
>>
>>44098255
>can't even read his own examples
>>
>>44098345
Make a substantive argument or shut up.
>>
>>44098111
Define "investigating the underworld"
Knowing how the Underworld works, and the weaknesses of the dead, falls under Occult, but investigating stuff(finding out who stole Ms. Robinson's prized petunias, for example), falls under Investigation

You can totally be an occult Sherlock Holmes, either way, it's just a matter of which one you think would be more important to your character; figuring things out based on clues and evidence, and finding things in general(searching for something is Investigation, noticing something intuitively is Awareness), or knowing how ghosts/the underworld(as well as demons/Malfeas, gods/Yu-Shan, elementals/parts of Creation, and fae/the Wyld) work(and sorcery, though Supernal Occult wouldn't affect sorcery at all)
>>
>>44094878
hi i'm in that game too
>>44093524
>>
>>44098367
The blood of an unborn infant used to quench a sword. That's corruption.

A neomah spitting brass to make her home is obviously corruption. She's corrupting that brass.

Your imagination, much like your reading comprehension, appears limited.
>>
>>44098520
Oh, well. That changes everything.

It looks like everyone uses corruption now!

A smith using fire to make a sword? Man, he's sure corrupting that metal.

A cook mixing together a number of ingredients to make a meal? Fucker should really quick corruptiong.

A team of workers raising a manse from the earth? Damn bastards. How dare they corrupt the ground.
>>
>>44098520
Ah, the old "I realize I was wrong so I'll pretend to be really retarded so people will think I was trolling all along" gamble. Well, it didn't work. You just look retarded.
>>
>>44092815
War for war stuff, Presence for being a badass mofo, Performance for giving rousing speeches, Bureaucracy for ruling stuff, possibly Socialize to deal with court shenanigans (unless you want to play the Conan the Cimmerian angle and leave court shenanigans and scheming to others). Some personal scale fightan ability. Athletics is always good to LIFT THE MOUNTAINS and SOAR TO THE SKY.
>>
>>44098589
>A smith using fire to make a sword? Man, he's sure corrupting that metal.
It would depend on what he was doing. Damascening? Certainly. But if he was just smelting and pounding irregularities out of steel, that's not corruption.

Like I said, your ability to grasp this concept seems uncertain.

Quenching a blade in water is normal. Quenching a blade in the blood of an unborn infant is not normal; it's a corruption of the usual technique used.

Brass is, unto itself, considered a corruption of bronze. Like, this is Classics 201 stuff, where brass was considered impure and unsuitable for use by upper class Greeks.

But sure. Reductio ad absurdum is always a winning rhetorical play, so why not ride it right into the depths of that hole?

>>44098609
You seem incredibly stupid responding like this. Since this seems to matter to you, I figured I should inform you anon.
>>
File: salud.gif (464 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
salud.gif
464 KB, 267x199
>>44098850
fucking rekt
>>
>>44098850
Are you seriously this fucking dumb?

Like, are you screwing with me here? The whole conversation was whether or not... Look. To do all those things you'd use the crafting ability, whether you're using the blood of an unborn infant, the blood of a born infant, water, or the jizz of the fucking unconquered sun to quench the blade.

Did you even read the goddamn thread, or are you just spitting shit out?
>>
>>44098850
If you're arguing that demons make stuff in a way that is weird, no one will argue with that. That is entirely different from saying they can only corrupt. Forming a building by spitting out brass and fire and forging it by hand is weird. Most people would not view this as "corruption," and the inane categorization scheme of yours does not change that.

If you want Infernals to make things using exotic and strange components and create tools that are completely perpendicular to mortal methodologies and results, well, I don't think anyone would argue that's not thematic. Defining this as "corruption" is using the word in a way no normal human being ever would.

Also, Ligier can make shit without exotic components. It only "often" requires it, and even then, he can make do without, he just fucks it up with secret flaws.
>>
File: Alveua-1.jpg (28 KB, 315x800) Image search: [Google]
Alveua-1.jpg
28 KB, 315x800
>Yozis can't create anything!!!

pic related is a Second Circle of the fucking Ebon Dragon, forging stuff is her job

Yes she uses people as raw materials, but turning a human into a sword is as "corrupting" as turning ore into a sword. You are still creating something entirely new by using up resources
>>
>>44098419
Wouldn't it be a good idea to use both Occult and Investigation?
>>
>>44099010
I suspected understanding was beyond your capability. You have confirmed it.

>>44099016
Someday you'll grasp those straws, anon.
>>
>>44098850
I personally wasn't sure where you were going with that brass shit in your previous post, but you've outlined your point nicely.

Actually, you've got me thinking of the concept of Brass and other metals as "corrupt" materials.

Does anyone know of a good resource for folk superstitions regarding the use of metals and other materials? Like, silver being used to ward off evil and shit? I wish I had a reference to use for this line of thought.
>>
>>44099164
Like most of the most vitriolic arguments on the internet, this one comes down to a difference in definitions. You are using an incorrect definition of the word "corruption," so everyone is calling you an idiot.
>>
>>44099191
You're wrong, but alleging that I am using a corruption of the definition of corruption is certainly a new and dizzying height in the old reductio ad absurdum rhetoric.
>>
>>44098850
>Brass is, unto itself, considered a corruption of bronze. Like, this is Classics 201 stuff, where brass was considered impure and unsuitable for use by upper class Greeks.
Stop making shit up.
>>
Even if that were true, which it is not, and even if what upper class Greeks thought about metallurgy mattered to the discussion of the Yozi's themes, which they don't, the expectation that anyone else in the world would fucking know that brass was considered a corruption of bronze is so mind-numbingly retarded it is nigh-impossible for me to believe that you sincerely believed that.
>>
>>44099161
Well, yeah, but I meant for your Supernal ability. Which you can only have 1 of.

If you go Occult supernal, you'll be a guy who knows a fuckton about ghosts n shit, in fact one of the authorities of the subject in the world, and is also pretty good at investigating things

If you go Investigation supernal, you'll be a guy who can pick a specfici redheaded guy out of a crowd of redheads, renowned for his investigative skill, who also knows stuff about ghosts n shit.
>>
>>44099374
>It is inconceivable that anyone would refer to or base anything off of any form of obscure trivia.
I mean, I can't find a source (in 60 seconds on wikipedia) for this "corruption of bronze" thing of his either, but your logic is poor and your attitude is worse.
>>
>>44100773
If Yozi are intended to have a theme of only being capable of corruption, not construction, which is intended to be shown through the presence of brass, then the writers failed, because the vast and overwhelming majority of their readers will make no brass-corruption connection.

Further, the smug way the dude was talking before his latest post would suggest to any neutral observer that he felt his position ought tobe obvious. No one who is not mentally retarded would believe that the general population of /tg/ was aware of a brass-corruption connection among ancient Greeks.

(Also, creating something that is corrupt is different from corrupting something, so it still doesn't work.)
>>
>>44099218

do you enjoy closing these threads with your ear-plugged one-way bitching or do you really do it thinking you'll make anyone change their minds about how you're already wrong about a lot of shit? i'm just curious at this point
>>
>>44099062
Hell, there's also Auguinare, the Blood of the Forge, who forges passion into metal by using blood as the raw materials, who is a demon descended from the Third Circle of Malfeas who's a living Manse and creates a brand new one from scratch whenever summoned into Creation.

https://ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/ink-monkey-bones-12-auguinare-the-blood-of-the-forge/
>>
I think corruption is a great theme for Infernal craft. Want a daiklave and you're into Malfeas? Grab up a weapon of some significance - the kitchen knife a young girl (your first priestess) stabbed her attempted rapist to death with, a club passed from brother to doomed brother during the short, brutal siege of their farm by raksha, the daiklave your sworn enemy never managed to draw your blood with - and warp it into a pinnacle Artifact through some transgressive process. Force the little god of the kitchen knife to feast on the hearts of enemy priests, carve up the club with the legends of the offending raksha, bury the daiklave in the brain of your enemy's Lunar Mate, and in a wash of poisonous balefire and the thunder of unseen drums you are holding a weapon with which to reave all Heaven in twain.

Malfeas' Craft should focus on epic, over-the-top effects over Solar efficiency and perfection of form. An Infernal using Malfeas' Craft Charms gets a weapon more powerful and dramatic than a Twilight can aspire to, but its rider effects are non-optional and all her top-shelf Charms demand you add them in.

Cecelyne is wish fulfillment. An Infernal with Cecelyne's Crafting set can make basic things, eventually even basic Artifacts, at the drop of a hat, far faster (and without any obvious labor on his part) than the endless toil a Twilight would have to go through, but these things only look fancy and need to soak in reverence and bargained things before they can truly reach their full potential. Cecelyne's Crafting set is short, but some of her Social options act as force multipliers.

SWLIHN is closest to Solar Crafting, but she favors the abstract, she creates resonances instead of physical items and bakes in lots of Elsewhere and applicability stuff (a piano that's just tonal vibrations is easy to transport) at the cost of being mostly unable to share. You can perform tasks for other people to get your silver XP, but you can't give them the idea of a sword.
>>
Okay, I have a few questions.

If I remember right, there was a bit of Wyld somewhere in Lookshy, I think. Is this correct?

If it is, how can something like that come about? Even if it's incorrect, what are some ways that could happen?

What kind of names do you guys have for artifacts that are made of orichalcum?

What would you expect of a spell that wards against creatures of darkness by way of consecration?
>>
>>44103450
>If I remember right, there was a bit of Wyld somewhere in Lookshy, I think. Is this correct?
I think you're thinking of Firewander district in Nexus.
>If it is, how can something like that come about? Even if it's incorrect, what are some ways that could happen?
In general? Could be anything. Natural ebbs in the integrity of Creation, an intentional sabotage of reality, a leftover remnant of the Balorian Crusade.
>What kind of names do you guys have for artifacts that are made of orichalcum?
That is a uselessly open-ended question.
>What would you expect of a spell that wards against creatures of darkness by way of consecration?
Preferably that it not be an absolute ban; maybe an aggravated environmental hazard that gets worse the closer the CoD gets.
>>
>>44103450
It's in Nexus, not Lookshy. IIRC, nobody knows FOR SURE what caused it, beyond 'probably sorcery' and/or 'probably fair folk'

There's only 2 orichalcum artifacts in my game, so far; one is a 3-dot sword called Seraph(I've mentioned it in here before, the player who uses it is obsessed with Fate/Stay and wanted giant sword beams in the first evo for a 3-dot artifact), or Savior by the guy who originally owned it, and a 4-dot airship made of Orichalcum and Blue Jade called the Astarte, owned by the Night caste, who stole it from an airdock in Lookshy shortly after he exalted.

I'd expect a spell like that would be something along the lines of, "This spell creates an environmental effect centered on where the Sorcerer stands when he finishes casting. The area out to Medium range from that point is consecrated by the power of the Sun, and any Creature of Darkness attempting to enter it must make a contested (Wits+Integrity) roll against the Sorcerer to pass; if they succeed, they still take 1A per turn, until either they die or the effect ends." Solar circle, probably has a duration of One Scene. Alternatively, remove the Sun-powered bit and the Agg damage, and it works as a Celestial spell, too.
>>
>>44103315
This idea hit me like the electric snap of fresh air.

I'm making fun of your prose but I also actually like your idea.
>>
>>44103563
>I've mentioned it in here before, the player who uses it is obsessed with Fate/Stay

I hope she has an Intimacy to Seraph so you can have a Scourge disarm her and ram her garbage-tier interests right up her aorta, holy shit.

>>44103450
>What kind of names do you guys have for artifacts that are made of orichalcum?

Malfean Pissiron Slapjacket, Artifact 5 orichalcum reinforced breastplate.
>>
>>44103708
>I hope she has an Intimacy to Seraph so you can have a Scourge disarm her and ram her garbage-tier interests right up her aorta, holy shit.
He doesn't, but I might steal it anyways, we'll see
>>
>>44098798
Sounds rad, though I was thinking of leaving bureaucracy to one of the other characters. I suppose it would make sense for a military-officer-turned-kingdom-leader to have bureaucracy, since they'd have experience managing supplies and troops.

Any particular charms I should look for while I'm at it? I hear Presence has some great ones.
>>
So I know this is a bit old but what happened with the art?

I heard they wasted the art money or something?
>>
>>44104325

The full timeline goes:
1) Some artists got hired, ranging from good and expensive (MUran etc.) to shitty and cheap (poser-art guy). Probably more art than the book would actually end up needing.
2) Some of those artists flaked out, turning in basically nothing, so now they had to use more of the shitty art instead of the good art.
3) Some of THAT art turned out to be straight-up plagiarized, so (because they have no money to hire more artists or buy new pieces) they're forcing poserart guy to redo the plagiarized (and possibly the more egregiously-bad but original) pieces, since he doesn't cost any more money on account of non-delivered.

That's all we know, I think.
>>
>>44100867

As an outsider - isn't that in fact a big thing? Like, Infernals have NO magical material - they need to corrupt artifacts with vitirol to use them properly.

I kind of get what that guy is saying, even if his examples are a little hard to grasp. It's like how, say, a man giving birth is a corruption of the concept of the virgin birth. Shit's unnatural.
>>
>>44104361
Honestly, they could probably get it out faster and at better quality by just writing a few more charms to make up the page space. Beats forcing plagiarist guy to work more for free, especially since he couldn't hack it for shit when he was getting paid. War and a couple others still lack charms at E4+.
>>
>>44104378
While it's sort of like that, it's also like they have every magical material - Solars in 3E are actually borrowing an Infernal trick. Vitriol taint was pretty much just dunk your whatever in a tub of vitriol, when learning to summon a metody via thaumaturgy was like 1xp (doesn't matter that's it unbound, you're a fucking Exalt and a Green Sun Prince to boot), so it was basically nbd for them to loot the best bonuses from every splat. Moonsilver superheavy plate that transforms with Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai (what happens to normal armor? no one fucking knows), starmetal grand daiklave or soulsteel reaper daiklave, jade hearthstone bracers, orichalcum infinite resplendence amulet, et cetera.
>>
>>44104518
(which was kinda bullshit, and in 3E they'll have Malfean iron, acid-rime, whatever mist razors are made out of, resonant crystal et cetera to draw from instead)
>>
>>44104325
>>44104361
also probably artists flaking was partly because this took an absurdly long fucking time to make.

it's likely they contracted the artists for pieces at x commission price and payed part up front, and then came back a year or more later saying "oh hey we finally finished a draft of the text could you do that art for us?" and the artists were like fuck doing work for commission prices that are completely out of date and left with what they had already been paid because illustration industry is weird like that
>>
>>44104378
Eh, I could accept the "create thing using unnatural and monstrous methods" charm. Because Yozis are monsters, and it fits their schtick. Preferably things made by those method are blatantly unnatural or have significant drawbacks, in the style of a Finesse 1 working.

Craft corruption charms, that sounds Infernal to me too. Modifications to existing things are a Craft function that demons should naturally tend towards.

I'm just not in favor of Infernals getting Craft charms that let them make wholesome wonders that work out exactly as they envisioned without any strange quirks or drawbacks.
>>
>>44104557

I thought the problem wasn't the material, but the lack of least Gods to imbude the weapon - so you had to use demons instead.

Like, all magical materials are indestructible anyway. Malfean iron and superhard bone are functionally identical when making a daiklaive.
>>
>>44104581
>superhard bone
Artifact dragon dildos.
>>
>>44104558
>it's likely they contracted the artists for pieces at x commission price and payed part up front, and then came back a year or more later saying "oh hey we finally finished a draft of the text could you do that art for us?" and the artists were like fuck doing work for commission prices that are completely out of date and left with what they had already been paid because illustration industry is weird like that

Wouldn't them taking the money and leaving be Illegal?
>>
>>44104684
If they haven't got the cash to buy new art, it's hard to think that they've got the money to lawyer up and enforce that. I have no idea what the art cost, but I'm quite sure lawyers cost more.
>>
>>44103563
>I've mentioned it in here before, the player who uses it is obsessed with Fate/Stay and wanted giant sword beams in the first evo for a 3-dot artifact
Hi, I've been seeing you complain about this a whole lot.

I originally wanted to have a 5-dot sword which had the ability to shoot sword beams because I find sword beams to be rad as hell, but then you've told me that I won't ever get to have sword beam evocations on the sword because Blazing Solar Bolt exists, and then you've told me that Evocations cannot be used to improve on already existing Solar charms. Also, you seem to stubbornly assume that I wanted it as my first evocation, which is also untrue, since I did know that Solar Bolt exists and is an Essence 3 charm, so that was the range of essence that I was aiming to receive that stuff on, and I did clarify it several times to you that I was not aiming for it right at the immediate start.

After you've told me quite firmly that it'll never be possible, I dropped that idea and downgraded the sword's rating to 3, spending the merit points elsewhere. Now the artifact has completely different functions, but you still have a problem with it? Instead of complaining about it here, how about you take it up with your players and try to work out your issues with them directly?

Also, it's been three sessions, each about 4-5 hours, and the party has done nothing at all. Please give us something to do besides fruitlessly pursuing vague rumors that have absolutely nothing to do with any of our characters. I know this contradicts what I just said up there, about talking out issues privately, but we've been bringing this up to you pretty much nonstop, subtly and otherwise, so maybe bringing it up here as well could help get the point across?
>>
>>44102265
nobody knows what you're talking about
>>
>>44105139
I know what he's talking about. And he's completely right.
>>
>>44095375
Jaegers are Collosus form Alchemicals: Essence 6+. There are no statted charms for them.
>>
File: 1354258862035.jpg (11 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1354258862035.jpg
11 KB, 251x251
>>44105120
I have in fact seen this being complained about over multiple threads. The fact that you're calling him out here makes this so delicious. Best of luck getting that sorted out.

mfw you calling him out here.

I'd have let you have sword beams. I'm already ending up giving my players something that will likely end in that.
>>
>>44104558
Sauce plz?
>>
>>44097721
I'm not disagreeing that social influence is powerful. I suspect it's too powerful. The aforementioned winch method means that they don't need to worry about your existing intimacies at all, and what counts as "evidence" is left vague probably by necessity.

And the face shouldn't be fighting for the same reason the fighter shouldn't be talking. Because a dabbler taking the brunt of a challenge balanced for a specialist is not going to end well.
>>
>>44097963
Every Presence, Linguistics, or Socialize excellency, and most of their other charms, can be used to improve lying. Exalted has that D&D 3.X kind of thing going on where even the most outrageous, unbelievable lie only imposes a penalty that a character with a little magic can easily overcome.
>>
>>44106618
>where even the most outrageous, unbelievable lie only imposes a penalty that a character with a little magic can easily overcome.
Not so. Lying is always automatically successful unless the listener has cause to doubt you, only then will they even make a read intentions action against your guile.

Shit, if it was a blatantly obvious lie, I'd make them not even need to roll. Your GM just needs common sense and apply actual penalties.
>>
>>44106677
An outrageous lie would only impose a penalty to the related social roll, and such penalties max out at -5. This is Exalted. Ridiculous, outrageous things are achievable by starting characters.
>>
>>44106746
Outrageous lie != telling someone that can see the sky that it is pink.
>>
>>44106778
>A -5 penalty might represent: [...] trying to convince someone to believe something blatantly and obviously false

I dunno, sounds like that telling someone not to believe something they're currently looking at would fall well within that range. There's intentionally never any mention of anything ever being so outrageous that it's impossible, because doing the impossible is kind of this game's whole schtick.
>>
>>44106808
If you were to try to convince someone that their vision was cursed to see blue as pink or something, sure. The sky actually being pink, no.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.