[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New World Civilization Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: Shore of the New World.jpg (52 KB, 546x343) Image search: [Google]
Shore of the New World.jpg
52 KB, 546x343
You are colonists sent out to establish a permanent presence for your country in the New World. It has been just over a century since this great western continent was first discovered by an expedition of the great fairy Kingdom of Merida. Your people are not the first to settle in the New World and you won't be the last, but in the name of which Great Power do you set forth to claim the bounty of this unspoiled land?

A) Kingdom of Kolding, Northern Metropolis - A relatively small realm which has, by virtue of its strategic position, managed to become a major power especially in the realm of trade.
Race: Beastfolk (Cat People)
Government: Administrative Monarchy
Ideology: Liberal
Ideas: Innovative

B) Archduchy of Schwaz, Continental Suzerain - That grandest of dynasties which currently protects dozens of smaller realms as Emperor-elect.
Race: Human (C. European)
Government: Noble Republic
Ideology: Conservative
Ideas: Defensive

C) Sultanate of Izmir, Mage Conquerors - The preeminent Eastern power in the Old World, a massive realm of magically adept beastfolk who recently seized the great World-City of Noreia and extinguished that ancient empire which built it.
Race: Beastfolk (Bunny People)
Government: Despotic Monarchy
Ideas: Offensive

D) Beitar Illit, Dwarven Separatists - Not actually a nation, Beitar Illit is the city with the largest population of ethnic Dwarves in the Old World. Many feel that they need to establish a nation for themselves, and so the expedition was funded.
Race: Dwarven
Government: Athenian Democracy
Ideas: Espionage

E) Another Option
>>
File: 1422314526526.jpg (194 KB, 1244x700) Image search: [Google]
1422314526526.jpg
194 KB, 1244x700
>>44072207
I've never played a magical bunny before. Perhaps I should.
Option C.
>>
>>44072235
Seconding what he said.
>>
I'll start it in ~30 minutes or whenever something gets 4 votes, whichever comes first.

>>44072235
Well they're supposed to be humans with bunny ears and tails (Izmir in particular is brown people), not anthropomorphic bunnies, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
File: 1422321520617.jpg (313 KB, 800x815) Image search: [Google]
1422321520617.jpg
313 KB, 800x815
>>44072312
I didn't have an image of a bunny-girl or whatever but I did have a rabbitfolk.
Though I did figure we were going Elder Scrolls beastfolk admittedly. Either way is fine, I did like me some viera in Final Fantasy.
>>
File: 1419658870762.jpg (209 KB, 850x1202) Image search: [Google]
1419658870762.jpg
209 KB, 850x1202
Izmir, the upstart nation of far eastern nomads who forcibly settled in the decaying heart of man's oldest and, once mightiest empire, Great Noreia. For the last two centuries the armies of Izmir have carved away pieces of its hinterlands until finally, twenty years ago, they stormed the gates of the capital city and put a total end to the ancient realm. Though it had fallen into decline long before Izmir's arrival, Great Noreia was a genuine power in its own right, and had defended against eastern invaders for over a millennium. Izmir earned its victory through a combination of discipline and, more famously, battle magic. A technique more common in the Far East, where mages are state-sanctioned and relatively plentiful, the use of combat magic on the battlefield in an organized fashion provided them with some outstanding victories against the traditional, albeit elite forces of Great Noreia.

Izmir is probably the single most powerful nation in the Old World, but its strategic position leaves much to be desired. For one thing, the Sultan has next to no friends in the whole continent of Assar, in large part due to his foreign culture and rival religion. Expect hostility from nearly every colonial power. In terms of naval power and technology, the Sultanate is also far behind the likes of Merida or Agatha, so you won't have much in the way of resupply, and you should strongly avoid naval confrontation.

There is some good news, though: as an Izmiran, you have unparalleled knowledge of battle magic and the whole of your expedition has been trained to fight. Of course the population growth of your species, properly called the Tu-zhi but known to most of Assar simply as the Izmir, is considerably higher than that of humans, elves, dwarves, or even the fairies.
>>
File: Agathan Interpreter.jpg (148 KB, 460x620) Image search: [Google]
Agathan Interpreter.jpg
148 KB, 460x620
>>44072654
The Sultan has also seen fit to grant you two boons, but what will you select?

Please pick two:
A) A crate of arquebuses, the latest in firearm technology
B) A crate of jewlery and fine cloth, possibly useful for trade, if not with the natives then at least with the other colonies
C) An Agathan interpreter, versed in some of the local languages as well as the fairy tongue of Agatha and Merida
D) An Andaluzian military engineer, someone with practical knowledge in erecting defenses - and taking them apart
E) A staff of inferno, a magical item capable of generating a large firestorm
F) A pack of magically enchanted seeds, capable of growing harvest-ready corn overnight – once
>>
>>44072674
>A) A crate of arquebuses, the latest in firearm technology
>D) An Andaluzian military engineer, someone with practical knowledge in erecting defenses - and taking them apart

Erecting defenses means that we've got a safe home. And the firearms means we can take the land we need.
>>
>>44072749
Sounds good
>>
>>44072749
Seconding this. We're going full Murder Bunny.
>>
I didn't want to be some weird furry fetish bait race tbqh

>>44072674
Guns and a translator of course
Any chance if we are a jannissary Noreian to make a neo-Noreia? Viva la Constantinople
>>
File: 1.jpg (83 KB, 1058x1000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
83 KB, 1058x1000
>>44072877
Not the most appealing, but make with what you get I guess. Wear it and make it yours. We're already militant so there's that.
>>
>>44072900
Turk rabbits though...

Break away state here we come.
>>
>>44072918
Are we going to throw carrot boxes off ships now in protest of our queen's taxes
>>
>>44072931
does not every rabbit and former Noriean deserve tax free tea?! Freedom or death from false conquerers!
>>
>>44072654
So, what happened to the old residents of Great Noreia?

Genocide? Enslavement? Displacement?
>>
>>44072951
It's supposed to be Not!Byzantine/Rome so absorbed really. Many keep their own culture though. A lot of boys were used as the elite troops, janissaries, by the ottomans down the line.

That is of course if OP is keeping it that similar, which I think he is.
>>
Just got done taking a shower, proceeding ahead with the initial suggestion for A and D.
>>
>>44072990
Hurrah, Conquistadorrabits!
>>
File: Andaluzian.jpg (259 KB, 850x1188) Image search: [Google]
Andaluzian.jpg
259 KB, 850x1188
>>44072674

>A) A crate of arquebuses, the latest in firearm technology
>D) An Andaluzian military engineer, someone with practical knowledge in erecting defenses - and taking them apart

You opt for the guns and the goblin. Firearms are now considered to be an integral part of the modern fighting force, though their adoption is uneven and slow. The predominantly goblin state of Al-Andaluz is perhaps the most volatile and war torn nation in Assar, constantly fending off attacks from Merida to the north and Fez to the south, and it is renowned for its impressive fortifications and siege weaponry. An Andaluzian military engineer is said to be worth more than his weight in gold, which is no doubt why the Sultan presented him to you as a parting gift.

There is one more consideration before you leave, though, and that's the question of where, exactly, you're going to go. The New World is a big place, clearly larger than Assar, but much of it is already claimed. Merida has nearly the whole southern continent to itself, with limited Andaluzian competition. Still, that's largely because no one else is willing to finance expeditions there, as the southern continent is hot, humid, and dangerous. Organized, hostile natives still inhabit large parts of the interior and the wildlife isn't anything sneeze at either. Most colonists are headed for somewhere in the northern continent. Agatha holds the largest colonies, followed by Dalarna, and then Kunigsberg. The north is significantly colder, but also nearly completely untapped – and unmapped. Little is known about the interior of the north, except that there are natives there too.
>>
File: Northern Wildlife.jpg (114 KB, 816x643) Image search: [Google]
Northern Wildlife.jpg
114 KB, 816x643
>>44073199
A map is unfurled before you, indicating three spots with good potential for a colony. Which do you choose?

A) A spot on the northern continent's eastern coast, near where the climate is mildest. Plains and forests, mostly. Lots of neighbors here, both from the Old World and the New.
B) A spot far to the south, near Merida's colonial border, where there have been reports of great mineral wealth. Problem is, it's high mountains, jungles, hot as hell, and damn near totally uncharted.
C) A spot in the far north, along the northern continent's northern coast. Cold most of the time and freezing the rest. Good news? No real competition.
>>
>>44073199
To the NORTH! No sense of pissing off Merida, if they're that big. I'm certain there's land we can, um, borrow from someone!

Forever.
>>
>>44073215
>>44073217
Option A looks the best, although Option C is tempted.
>>
>>44073215
>A) A spot on the northern continent's eastern coast,
>>
>>44073215
A!
How else are subversive revolutionaries going to reach our colony without other old wold ports nearby ?
>>
>>44073217
I think our chosen gear makes this spot more ideal. We can deal with our neighbors effectively with it, but we can't quite deal with the climate which will be a constant impairment. Get the best spot and tell the heathens to convert or die.
>>
>>44073250
This, meaning A
>>
>>44073250
Indeed. With smaller neighbors, we've a better chance of expanding.

...at our neighbors expense.
>>
>>44073215
B
>>
>>44073250
> Heathens

Don't you mean, Kaffirs? :^)

As the Imam of this proud new colony I'll keep you on the halal path friend
>>
File: The Pillars.jpg (89 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
The Pillars.jpg
89 KB, 500x405
>A) A spot on the northern continent's eastern coast

For most, it's a no-brainer, and that's why everybody and their mother is flocking to that region. But you're confident in your ability to hold your own. You let your people know, pack your things, say your goodbyes, and then ship out.

The journey from the World-City to the New World is an extremely long one. Out of all the colonial powers, Izmir is physically the farthest from the New World, and while your people may know their way around guns and wands, they aren't exactly the masters of the sea. Your ships, the four of them, are the first of their kind, designed with the assistance of Andaluzian explorers. You'll have the supplies needed for the trip across the open ocean, but just barely.

Before you actually get to the high seas though, you'll need to pass through the Pillars. The Pillars are huge rock formations that act as a gateway between the White Sea and the Great Western Ocean. They're also home to a large Andaluzian city, referred to also as the Pillars. A little over a week after you set sail from the southern coast of Izmir you come into your final port-of-call, here at the Pillars.

You're going over the supply manifest, checking that everything needed is loaded onto the ships when you're approached by a light-skinned woman in fine clothing. She says she's heard that you're headed to the New World, and offers to trade a magical item in exchange for passage aboard one of your ships. The item in question is a small iron bracelet adorned with a single emerald. She claims it will be invaluable to anyone attempting to settle in the New World, but will not say more about what exactly it does.

Do you:

A) Agree to her proposal and set sail!
B) Decline her proposal and set sail!
C) Take the damn thing from her and set sail!
>>
>>44073555
>A) Agree to her proposal and set sail!
Why the hell not!

....we can toss her overboard if we want, later.
>>
>>44073555
>>44073596
Agreed, there's no harm in taking her aboard. Just tell her not to pull any funny shit.
>>
>>44073555
Can one of our magical experts check it out
>>
>>44073555
Women are bad luck on old timey boats but fuck it. A
>>
>>44073696
We're colonists. WE ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF WOMEN ABOARD I HOPE ELSE THIS WILL BE A SHORT LIVED COLONY.
>>
>>44073696
Only because horny men can't keep it in their pants and compete with each other over her attention. Luckily those are humans and we're rabbi-

Okay then.
>>
>>44073761
Just another reason to visit our neighbors and show them what our big fire sticks can do
>>
have fun, all, but I'm going to vamoose. End of Shift and all.
>>
>>44073787
Actually no. It's old sailors beliefs. Women were bad luck in the form of storms coming and shit. Gods of the seas don't like women.
>>
>>44073865
It developed into that, but I think that was the root of the cause. Stuck weeks, months on end with one woman surrounded by men to wish her attention, would cause bickering and infighting, leading to gossip of bad luck, which hyperboled into what you describe.
>>
Hey everybody I need to sleep, if the thread is still here when I wake up then I'll continue from that point, if not you can expect the next thread tomorrow at a more reasonable hour.
>>
>>44074434
Bumping on page 10
>>
>44073555
A) Hopefully she'll be a nice addition to the new colony; and there is never too many colonists.
>>
>>44077476
Seconding myself
>>
>>44073555
>>
>>44073555
>A) Agree to her proposal and set sail!
Did Op die/
>>
>>44083161
I hope not.
>>
This game is dead isn't it.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.