[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You are having a normal day when suddenly a knight appears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: PS 203.jpg.png (7 MB, 1600x2316) Image search: [Google]
PS 203.jpg.png
7 MB, 1600x2316
>You are having a normal day when suddenly a knight appears and challenges you to a duel. Because he is a sportsman he will allow you to borrow from his squire either a chainmail shirt or a set of armor (of lower quality than his own) and a weapon of your choice.

>He states that should you try to run away or claim to not have combat experience he will execute you in the spot for being an cowardly knave with no honor.

>Now you have five minutes to chose and gear up.

What you do, /tg/?
>>
>>44066706

Run away from the clunky tin-man and call the cops.
>>
I shoot him with my baretta.
>>
pipebomb
>>
File: 860506297_99f7b169ab.jpg (137 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
860506297_99f7b169ab.jpg
137 KB, 375x500
>>44066721

Unless you have one heck of an aim to shot him through the visor you are screwed.
>>
Take his weapons and armor, then run away. Steal dat shit.
>>
>>44066706
I choose a .44 Magnum as my weapon.
>>
>>44066706
Full suit of Power Armor with helmet and two Chainfists
>>
My weapon is a steamroller
>>
File: 1430501342161.jpg (61 KB, 480x636) Image search: [Google]
1430501342161.jpg
61 KB, 480x636
>>44066706

i ready my crossbow and take aim
>>
>>44066742
Would typical plate be able to deal with 15 rounds of modern 9x19 ammunition?
>>
>>44066860

You think the guy is going to stay still while you shot him 15 times? Unless you kill him in one shot he's gonna cleave your head in half
>>
>>44066742
I'll just put 11 rounds into his chest, iron ain't gonna stop modern firearms.
>>
>>44066706
>chainmail

You mean "maille", faggot. Read a book.
>>
>>44066899
>Wearing 80lbs or iron, visor incapable of seeing anything not right in front of them
>Still able to dodge an entire magazine of ammo from a modern firearm.
>>
>>44066860
It wouldn't.

>>44066892
You underestimate how quickly someone can magdump into a close target.
>>
>>44066706
I'll take the suit of armour, but I'll bring my own gauntlets and one of my halberds.
>>
>>44066706
Bill hook time, nigger.
Leg sweeping, shield grabbin, liver pokin' all day long.
>>
File: cartman-wow-sunder.jpg (27 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
cartman-wow-sunder.jpg
27 KB, 400x283
>>44066946
You're a stupid weeb with no clue as to how fucking stupid you sound.
>>
>>44066706
I choose you double barrel shotgun!
>>
>>44066972
Says the nogunz.
>>
>>44066925
>a knight smeared in dijon mustard approaches you
>>
File: BX67-ogCIAA9eg7.jpg large.jpg (46 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
BX67-ogCIAA9eg7.jpg large.jpg
46 KB, 768x1024
>>44067037
>The knight is Sir Patrick Stewart
>he is dressed like this
>>
>>44066706
>He states that should you try to run away or claim to not have combat experience he will execute you in the spot for being an cowardly knave with no honor.

By "knight" you mean a hobo with a pot lid and a toilet brush, suffering from a bad case of delerium tremens, right? Because that's an insane lunatic by the standards of any century.

So push the blue button, let the cops drag him away, then go ask our chief of security how the fuck he got in here.
>>
Chain and warhammer Imma bash his fookin head in m8
>>
>>44066706
>Knight capable of traveling through time and space
>Uses his abilities to waylay unsuspecting nerds
Fucking nobles, man
>>
File: krod.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
krod.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>44066706
>weapon of your choice
Anon choose Surprise!
>>
>>44066706
i agree to the duel.
tell him i already have a weapon and don't need any armor.
do the preduel rituals, be very confused why we didnt do the whole 15 yard march and why this idiot brought a sword to a gun fight
shoot him in the chest with my .357 S&W
keep shooting him till he goes down.
take his boots because thats just what you do at the end of a duel.
head home
>>
>>44066860
A lot worse than it would fare against my 5 shots of . 38 SPL however I think I might be able to get him
>>
Is this, like, a duel to the death? If so, can I use my five minutes to get my .357 out of he safe? If not to the death, I'll take the plate and whatever weapon he's using. Does he kill me for asking if it's a right to the death?
>>
File: BattleOfNations2015_06.jpg (411 KB, 1200x814) Image search: [Google]
BattleOfNations2015_06.jpg
411 KB, 1200x814
>>44066706

I accept his challenge and inform him that I have no wish to touch his squires dirty peasant armor, as I have my own. I choose an oval strike shield and a falchion as my weapons.

I send a text to my mom telling her I love her and that I'm finally going to get to live my dream.

I walk into the list with my head held high and with confidence in my skill, years of training and superior athletisism.

I win the duel pretty easily.

Pic related, you came to the wrong fucking faire knave.
>>
>>44066860
>typical plate

How long is a piece of string?
>>
>>44067710

Oh, and I just noticed the knight OP posted isn't even wearing proper armor. So probably fuck him up in seconds...
>>
>>44067710
You're not even going to call your mother? Fucking dirt bag.
>>
>>44067890

Nah, I always send her a text before a fight. Its tradition.
>>
>>44066742

I'm almost positive that even if it did stop the bullet (which I doubt) the impact would incapacitate him anyway.
>>
>>44068014
In the civil war, there were merchants who sold metal breastplates for you to wear under your uniform. The business for them started off strong, then dropped drastically once the soldiers found out they didn't actually work.
So yeah, modern rounds can punch through any platemail that isn't so thick as to be infeasibly heavy.
>>
>>44066706
"Good sir, as the challenged party, I have the choice of weapon, not you."

I hand him my spare Game Boy.
>>
>>44066742
you know how spears and stabs are the best way to deal with plate, next to blunt trauma?

a bullet is like being stabbed harder than any normal human can stab, bonus points if FMJ

old plate became obsolete following the development of old firearms, you think 9mm is worse than muskets?
>>
>>44066742
I don't run, I casually walk away from him.

If he's mounted I shoot his horse first. Then I go to the police and tell them a crazy man in armor is making death threats against me.
>>
kite shield and a war pick

80% chance he fucks me up
>>
>>44068301
You vastly overestimate the encumbrance of armor. It's not your fault, most people do these days. I blame Hollywood.

You might try to run, but a trained knight would run you down in seconds and stab you to death. Armor doesn't really slow you down... you might win in a cross-country race, because it does take more energy to run while wearing in, but you've got no advantage in a short sprint.
>>
>>44068410
not to mention plate mail is usually custom-fitted for the best manuverability
>>
>>44067710
battle of nations ..realistic fighting
>>
>>44068470

Mind telling me whats unrealistic about it?
>>
/k/ here.

Even if made of AR-500 steel, traditional plate armor is too thin to stop 9mm rounds, even at pistol velocities. In fact, it might even be worse than nothing at all due to additional metal shards from the pierced armor and a more deformed projectile.

So in short, 8 rounds for the tinman, 8 for his sidekick.
>>
>>44068410
hundred yard dash for your life
>>
>>44066706
I work at a gun shop. I take the LR-308 Gen II down of the rack, load a 25 rounder with CoreLok, and grease him through his shitty armor when the flag drops.
>>
>>44066706
I tell him I will face him in honorable combat, but on the terms that we are both unarmed and only wearing loincloths.

If he's truly chivalrous, he will honor my terms and I will tickle his butthole.
>>
>>44066706
I accept his terms, and gladly accept the armor. Then, as per his terms I request the weapon of choice... His weapon to be exact.
>>
>>44068524
>Implying any Knight doesn't have multiple weapons in his arsenal
>>
>>44068479
the armor requirements, the knockdown rules encouraging nothing but tackling ,the cheating russians ,the fact that as a sport stabbing and blocking are underrepresented as they do shyt all
>>
>>44068556

Lemme guess, you've never actually done it have you? Aside from the cheaty russkies none of that is true.
Well maybe some of the armor requirements are pretty silly, true.
>>
>>44068556

Also stabbing is prolly underrepresented bc its prohibited...
>>
>>44066706
Take the plate armour and choose a Godendag as my weapon. Then I smash his shit, focusing on his weapon hand first then his shield (or just other arm if hes shieldless) then the legs/feet and finally the skull once hes down
>>
Shoot him in the balls.

The greatest place to shoot anyone.
>>
>>44066706

>Because he is a sportsman he will allow you to borrow from his squire either a chainmail shirt or a set of armor (of lower quality than his own)

I tell him to kill me, because I refuse to fight someone so dishonorable that they'd force an inexperienced person to fight them and handicap them with lower quality gear to boot.
>>
I choose plate and a zweihander (or equivalent thereof) and hope I get some dumb luck. I know a few things, but I have absolutely no practice.
and try not to get too fan boy at the fact I'm fighting a knight, despite knowing he could easily destroy me
>>
File: Harness summer 2015, sans maille.jpg (804 KB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
Harness summer 2015, sans maille.jpg
804 KB, 4128x2322
>>44066706
Put on my own harness and wreck his shit. I fight ACL/BotN, and study HEMA. Pic related.

Failing that, I shoot him. You are mistaken in >>44066742, as no historic plate, or really any wearable level of steel will take a full cylinder of alternating copper crowned hollowpoints and copper jacketed 45 special from my S&W air frame. Especially if im aiming for his grill, which is actually a very easy target with the width of a helmed head.

>>44066931
It would be steel. Everyone tosses around "iron", but armour has been steel since the fall of the Roman empire.

>>44067710
What do you mean "Finally live your dream"? Whats stopping you now? I just qualified eastern division for the US, and hopefully im going to nationals.

You can do it anon.

>>44068556
>>44068599
>>44068610
I won't argue any of these, thats why you need to do multiple forms to get the most out of it. ACL/BotN, SCA and HEMA/WMA gives you a damn good background.

Also, word is the Commies are banned next year.
>>
>>44066706
Sure we'll meet on the dawn of friday, at the local government house where lords can judge the merit of our skill and cour officers can witness our honorable bout.

Oh wait, you thought challenges were right here, right now with shit for public and not even a bard to gossip about how much you begged for your life? What are you some filthy saxon?
>>
File: tools to remove fascisti.png (398 KB, 1136x540) Image search: [Google]
tools to remove fascisti.png
398 KB, 1136x540
>>44066706
I shrug, go home, get my helmet and mosin.

Then I go shitpost on /k/ about how they've never gotten to shoot a knight with their Mosin.
>>
>>44066706
>chainmaille
>dagger
>big shield.

I charge him try to use the shield to get to the clinch then immediately drop it and hope I can take him down.

I don't know shit about swords and shit, but wrestling and BJJ I can do, and they're descended from arts that were designed to deal with dudes in armor.
>>
File: 1443586409944.jpg (80 KB, 630x603) Image search: [Google]
1443586409944.jpg
80 KB, 630x603
>>44066972
Ten thousand spoons when all you need in a knife~
>>
Anyone with a decent background in HEMA or modern wrestling styles would probably wreck the knight's shit given decently comparable armor. The difference in athleticism, weight, height, and over-all fitness between a modern human and a 12-15nth century human is absolutely incomparable.
>>
>>44066706
Halberd
>>
>>44066706
mobile phone and call the police.
>>
>>44066706
My weapon is a full fucking tercio.
>>
File: Winnipeg Police Service.jpg (56 KB, 650x340) Image search: [Google]
Winnipeg Police Service.jpg
56 KB, 650x340
>>44066706
Alright Sir Fancypants you are under arrest for threatening a Police Officer, do you understand?
You have the right to retain and instruct counsel without delay.
We will provide you with a toll-free telephone lawyer referral service, if you do not have your own lawyer.
Anything you say can be used in court as evidence.
Do you understand? Would you like to speak to a lawyer?
>>
>>44066706
As the challenged I have the right to choose weapons. After graciously accepting his gift of armor, I choose firearms. Not being a gunless east coast liberkek, I produce my handgun (from its safe where it is kept locked and unloaded, of course) and shoot him. Medieval plate was pretty good against old tyme bullettes, however this is a modern glock 19. The 9mm round is a bit anemic buy I bet if I empty the cartridge something will go through.
>>
>>44066706
I go in reverse and run him over with my car. A few times.
>>
>>44066742
Do you actually understand guns?
Like, as in how his plate actually wouldn't protect against a Beretta?

What exactly do you think armor stopped being used?
>>
>>44066892
You'd need maybe twice. Maybe.
A modern 9x19mm is considerably more powerful then the bullets that plate armor ALREADY didn't protect against.
>>
>>44068188
The breastplates they used were also considerably thicker and the bullets carried considerably less energy then modern rounds.
>>
>>44066892
Yeah man, he's going to call upon his dai-kurinichi and unleash his bankai with his epic folded nogamuga katana teleporting behind you and slashing you a million times!!!

1500 ft/s on average, that's 27432km/hour. A plane reaches (about) 1k km/hour. You don't feasibly dodge a lot of bullets unless the shooter has brain damage/doesn't see you.
>>
>>44066925
>Finally, it's my moment to shine, correcting people who speak like most people will earn me their admiration and love!

Jesus fuck, nobody cares, everyone understands what he means, and you're a double faggot for using "maille" and not mail, you're not a frog so stop tacking an E onto words that don't have them unless you're from the side of the channel where women don't shave their pits.
>>
>>44072029
He's not even correct.
"a maille shirt or a set of armour" would be the most stupid shit for somebody to say
>>
>>44072029
This is the most autistic thing I've read all day
>>
>>44066706
I happen to have a can of bear pepper spray for just this occasion.

Well, it's for bears, but it works on armored folk too. In fact, it works on anyone not wearing a full cleansuit. I found this out the hard way when some got through my helmet.
>>
>>44066925
Congratulations, you are as stupid as the people who think 'platemail' is a real word.
>>
I trick him into fighting me in front of a police station, then run inside as a "WHOOP WHOOP" happens.
>>
>>44067710
Are you really so delusional you think that gear and that training would prepare you to fight an actual knight in real armour?
>>
>>44066706
I do what any rational thinking person would do. Peper spray his ass and walk home
>>
>>44071183
This stupid idea needs to die, a member of the nobility is going to be just as tall as you while having far more training at combat. A 'decent background in HEMA' is not comparable to a decade of daily combat practice.

More to the point he actually has experience fighting in armour and is used to it.
>>
>>44072507
>Most likely 10-15 taller than him
>Modern steroids and modern training
The only thing he got, is war experience, IF he went to it. Otherwise he is just somebody in a medieval bike club.
>>
>>44068285
>you know how spears and stabs are the best way to deal with plate, next to blunt trauma?
No, because they're not.

I do think a 9mm will go through like butter, but your analogy is weak.
>>
>>44066742
you do know what a baretta is right
>>
>>44067130
heh
>>
>>44068898
>Put on my own harness and wreck his shit
I doubt.

>I fight ACL/BotN, and study HEMA. Pic related.
Which he's been doing since age five, except you know, for real. With sharp blades and learning all the killing strikes and dangerous techniques that are banned in modern HEMA/BOTN.

I know you've got an ego the size of the national debt, but if you think your training in a weekend hobby is comparable to a warrior that has been training to kill since he could walk, you've gone full delusional.
>>
>>44072549
Modern training is irrelevant if its training for the wrong thing.

You will be facing someone who has trained since he was 12 years old to kill or cripple people in armour and has weapons actually capable of hurting people in full armour, you are going to die if you take a falchion and a set of HMB gear.

HEMA would be better than what you do but even there they train far less often and almost nobody trains armoured fighting for cost and safety reasons.
>>
>>44066972
He didn't say anything about anime. You however, are a knightaboo
>Muh medieval steel folded one quadrillion times can stop bullets
>>
>>44072629
>that are banned in modern HEMA
So one strike then.
>>
>>44068410
Uh huh, faggot it does slow him down, just not enough to be a real issue.
However, someone with modern conditioning and no armor can easily outrun the knight carrying 30 kilos of gear.
Like jesus christ are you retarded?
And in the time it takes for him to get close he'll be riddled with bullet holes.
>>
>>44072709
>So one strike then.
Actually there are a number of grappling techniques that are not allowed in HEMA. I wasn't referring just to the murder stroke. But training the murder stroke, if you are armed with a sword, is important. Learning how to implement it through various forms and situations is the key to successfully implementing it in 'real' combat.

If you aren't trained in the murder stroke, a sword, just about any sword, is near completely useless in armoured combat.
>>
>>44072713
>However, someone with modern conditioning and no armor
Why do you assume there was no physical conditioning in days past? You'd be wrong, many articles on the training of medieval soldiers talks about the exercise they were expected to engage in daily, involving running for some distance in and out of armour.

You seem shockingly ignorant on this subject.
>>
>>44068898
Fuck off tripfag
>>
>>44072734
The only thing I've ever heard mentioned before a competition is the murder stroke not that it's remotely practical with a wobbly feder anyway. I don't compete in wrestling yet tho so I'll take your word for it.

I've done and been hit by it in Nylon sparring tho for the record and it's not nearly as lethal as the internet would like to believe it's a stunning strike more than for killing.

I agree with your overall sentiment tho in my absolutely tiny understanding of armoured combat I can only really imagine using a sword defensively for closing to grappling range.
>>
>>44072784
I worded this really badly I wasn't implying a nylon was a good representation of the damage a war sword could do.
>>
I accept only on the condition of a loyal, non-lethal duel between gentlemen.
I inevitably end up defeated and plead to tge knight asking him to train me
>>
>>44072784
>ve done and been hit by it in Nylon sparring tho for the record and it's not nearly as lethal as the internet would like to believe it's a stunning strike more than for killing.
I've played with it using steel and it left me with a massive concussion, and it was a fairly tame and controlled hit that I simply failed to defend against (so no shame on my partner). This is through a PBT helmet which are generally top quality. With more force or less control from my partner it could have easily been deadly.

>>44072800
Trust me when I say there is a massive difference between nylon and steel and the murder strike is named that and banned for a very good reason.

The reason concussions are low in HEMA in general is because of the ban on murder strikes and the avoiding of high intensity grappling in competition. Things a historical knight would have as their bread and butter for armoured combat. Hence the statement seen in a number of historical manuscripts (particularly those concerned with armoured fighting) - all swordsmanship ultimately derives from wrestling.
>>
Leather armour and a halberd

I knew all those HEMA fights would lead to something useful!
>>
>>44071424
>Not being a gunless east coast liberkek, I produce my handgun
I guess you've finally proven that personal firearms are an absolute necessity, lest we all lose our FREEDUMS to passing knights in the street.
>>
>>44071662
>>44071662
>What exactly do you think armor stopped being used?

Cost relative to utility. It's far cheaper and easier to train a brigade of riflemen than a knight. The term "bullet proof" comes from the practise of shooting a steel breastplate from close range to see if it was properly made and would stop a bullet.
>>
>>44066706
>magdump
>nothin personnel kid
>>
>>44066706
I agree on the condition that I get to choose the location of the duel.
If he agreea I lead him up the favela, once we have climbed enough and he's kinda tired-ish I scream "rich gringo, rich gringo!" and run the fuck away.

Alternatively, I ask for a dagger, then skewer myself on his sword so I can close up and stab his eyes.
>>
File: lorry.jpg (143 KB, 1004x753) Image search: [Google]
lorry.jpg
143 KB, 1004x753
Alright, here's my weapon
>>
>>44072860
You do know that modern guns are more powerful right?
>>
>>44072748
Wow you REALLY are retarded AND illirerate.
I didn't say there was no conditioning, why do you have to make shit up to argue against me? I said he couldn't beat - modern - conditioning, which is arguably better since nowadays we understand nutrition, medicine and have modern teaining techniques, as well as PEDs, etc.
You are just a dumb faggot who needs to read what he quotes before going " hurr you know little "
>>
>>44072853
Uh...
>>
>>44072922
Muzzle energy wise? Not really. They shoot lighter, harder and faster projectiles though.
>>
>>44072922
That's not necessarily true, and "powerful" is a relative term. An old musket or rifle would fire a sizeable lead ball propelled but a substantial gunpowder charge. Modern guns have the universal advantage in relability, rate of fire, ease of use, maintenance and so on, but a 9mm is never going to take someone's entire arm off like a musket ball could. Whether a given personal handgun penetrates steel better than an older weapon, I wouldn't know. I was simply correcting the idiot who thinks that the invention of firearms made armour useless.
>>
>>44072945
>illirerate
The irony here is quite worth savoring.
>>
>>44072945
And are you the sort of top-class athlete who maintains the sort of perfect nutrition and training regimen required for those things to make any difference what so ever?
>>
I shoot him. FMJ will punch through his bitch armor like nothing.

If he's on a horse, I shoot the horse, and then shoot him.

If he has some magical D&D bulletproof armor on and no horse, then I just outrun him.

If, for some bullshit reason, he has magical bulletproof D&D armor on that has also been enchanted with quickness and stamina enhancing magics that would permit him to outspeed and chase me on foot in full armor, I wouldn't have been able to beat him in a duel anyways, on account of him already being faster and able to endure longer before I've even put armor on.

At this point I'd probably try to trick him. Five minutes is a lot of time, especially since this is a "normal day", which means other people/cars/etc are around. Any of which should at least stall him long enough for me to either incapacitate him with a truck or get other people to help me. Worst case scenario, he's basically the fucking Terminator and we need to get him to an industrial area so we can crush him with heavy machinery.
>>
>>44072958
I am typing on my phone while walking through a major city, not exactly easy. And even if I wasn't I believe you must be a native speaker, while I am dirty fucking slav.

>>44072961
"Hurr durr you need to be at an olympic level to beat a knight that only did calisthenic exercises, had no idea how to mantain an ideal diet and was likely to not focus a lot on speed as much endurance and strength"
Dude, the professional soldiers of the time have nothing on regular athletes of our times, stop being a knightaboo.
>>
>>44072989
>Hurr durr you need to be at an olympic level to beat a knight that only did calisthenic exercises, had no idea how to mantain an ideal diet and was likely to not focus a lot on speed as much endurance and strength
Read more history and get a firmer grasp of historical swordsmanship, because right now you're like a guy trying to engage in a debate about Wuthering Heights but you've only seen the movie. No, a trailer for the movie.
>>
>>44072964
/thread
>>
>>44068483
>8 rounds for the tinman, 8 for his sidekick
whoa is that the legendary high capacity bullet clip?
>>
>>44073024
>what is one in the chamber + 15 mag cap?

Are you new to firearms, friend?
>>
>>44072956
Well, a low velocity musket ball will punch through a body leaving a musket ball sized cavity, but a modern round will tear up a lot more tissue than that. Taking a shot to the chest can actually cause brain damage from the sudden extreme increase in pressure rupturing remote blood vessels.
>>
>>44073024
Since when is 15+1 high capacity?

>clip

...never mind.
>>
>>44073024
My CZ P-09 is 19+1.

Richfags that have an FN Five-seven have access to 20+1, but S&W and Glock both offer 15+1 in .357 SIG. And if you're a lol10mm kinda guy, then Glock has 15+1 in that as well.

A real high capacity magazine is something like a PMR but that shoots .22 (30+1 cap) which probably wouldn't help much against ye medieval knight man.

And yes, these are all pistols.
>>
>>44066706
This fucking pleb should know that as the challenged, I am the one who sets the parameters of the duel. So, we shall fight until first blood, and our weapons will be safety pins.
>>
>>44073005
>g-get a firmer grips guise
>cause like they were totally superhuman and beyond normal humans, they could totally beat a modern mam despite use of PEDs and modeen understanding of training
Stop being a faggot, you just like wanking over your knights. Worse than romaboos and weebs.
>>
You're forcing a random, untrained citizen to duel you for no reason other to stroke your ego? And I'm the cowardly knave. Go ahead and strike me down now, but don't pretend you have any honor to speak of.
>>
>>44073233
You can't have an adult discussion on these things without at least a foundation of knowledge on the subject.

Which you've continually demonstrated you lack.

It's really not worth the time or energy trying to argue with the willful ignorance.
>>
I'll take the set of armor along with a Bec de Corbin.

Strategy
>Keep the fuck away
>poke at his helmet (It's not even buckled, the pleb and hope it will obscure the fuckers vision enough to go for a real whack
>>
>>44073233
You realise an average medieval farm labourer would easily beat you to death right? Let alone a guy trained from a young age to fight who had as much food as he could eat.

Anybody who is not training armoured HEMA 5+ times a week (which pretty much nobody does) and who is in good physical condition is going to be at a huge disadvantage.
>>
>>44066706
I ask him what is this chainmail he speaks of because everyone knows it is simply called "mail"
>>
>>44073252
Oh fuck off you pedant fuck.
You keep acting like you have some specific proof that knights were superhumans that can beat a modern athlete when everything we have points to modern athletes, even on average, becoming stronger, faster and more enduring. So provide it, show me where exactly do we have anything that supports the claim that they were on par with us when the average gym faggot is hopped up on 500mg of test-e and lots of other shit, can go to a doctor if he injures himself, and trains with modern understanding of anatomy as opposed to just practical experimentation.

>>44073297
>average medieval farm laboure
>would beat you to death
I really fucking love these baseless assertions.
Do you know me? Do you specifically know where I live or what I do? Jesus fuck, you guys just want to wank over medieval stuff, I get it.
Yes, the medieval peasant is likely to be stronger than the average modern man, but the average trained man will likely be at least on par with the nobleman.
>b-but he had dem foods and training
And so does any middle class faggot that goes and trains.
>>
File: warhammer-large.jpg (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-large.jpg
7 KB, 300x300
He has a sword? Plate armour.

Weapon? a warhammer or mace and just bash his head in while he dances around trying to half sword his weapon past my armour
>>
>>44073297
Oh and I don't think training in fucking HEMA will help you outrun someone.
If you don't get what I'm saying then you should read the fucking post chain before you spout bullshit, my whole point was that someone could outrun a man in armor.
Which isn't exactly rocket science, I doubt this faggot is gonna speed like a rocket. Sure he can be fast but he won't be as fast as the average trained dude who - isn't - carrying 30 kilos of armor and a sword.
>>
>>44073336
'Going and training' as a random modern person is not a substitute for training for combat from a young age. Why can you not get that through your skull, are you this desperate to shit on the past?

The 'average trained man' is far less capable with weapons even if he is training HEMA several times a week and has little if any experience with fighting in armour so will tire much faster assuming he even lives long enough to get tired.
>>
>>44073388
>just bash his head in

So you plan to 'just bash in the head' of a trained man? What are you going to do when he just wrestles you to the ground and stabs you in the neck? Or uses his own mace/warhammer?
>>
>>44073402
>The 'average trained man' is far less capable with weapons even if he is training HEMA several times a week and has little if any experience with fighting in armour so will tire much faster assuming he even lives long enough to get tired.
Jesus christ you humongous faggot.
Read:
>>44073392
The fitness debate thing is derived from wheter or not someone could outrun the fucking knight, I wasn't even arguing that he would be trained - on combat - or not.
Please fucking stop trying to derail it on your own little dream.

>are you this desperate to shit on the past
No I'm not, I just refuse to believe anyone is retarded enough to not get that some dude who runs well enough can and will outrun some fucking faggot wearing armor.What is hard about that?

>but they train from a young age
Okay then, I'll go take my kids to train then since apparently this turns you into a superfuckinghuman who can outrun trained people despite the fucking armor.
>>
File: Sword and Pistol.jpg (211 KB, 960x584) Image search: [Google]
Sword and Pistol.jpg
211 KB, 960x584
>weapon of your choice
I choose pistol
>>
>>44067721
show me said string and i'll measure it
>>
>>44073441
I reread it and it was in regards to an armoured person engaging in a sprint or dash to overcome an unarmoured person at short range, extremely doable, where as you are referring to some kind of marathon like race over a number of miles. You shifted the goal posts first and went into a bizarre tangent that has no semblance on practical reality.
>>
>>44073422
But, warhammer. Warhammer! The weapon that automatically makes me superior to any sword-wielding fop, and which no armor can provide nay protection whatsoever against. If I'm smart enough to sue that, I MUST win.
>>
>>44072903
...that's a truck, anon.
>>
>>44067890
No, I'm going to call your mother.
>>
>>44073422

OP didn't specify his weaponry. I assumed he was going to use a sword, so i'm going by that. He won't be wrestling me to the ground when he's half dead from blunt force trauma. Hell, i could even rush him because he quite literally can't do anything to me.

>>44073513

Ok. Mace or warhammer is still a lot better than a sword in this situation.
>>
>>44073497
What?
No, here is how you want to understand it.
>you treated like it was some marathon
No I didn't man, you do realize that your top sprinting speed won't be the same with you carrying a lot of added weight, right? I didn't mention fucking marathons.

>you went on a tanger
No man, he started arguing shit about their superhuman training and how you need to be some top class athlete, "cuz today is totally not gonna beat dem badass noblez and their tons of food". My argument is that we have lots of tools with which average joe can get waaaay better than he would've gotten without it, so unless knights had superhuman training then no they can't fucking outrun someone while wearing armor and with - very - dated training.

>but muh fights
I didn't bring that up

So
1. I argued that a trained man can outrun a knight
2. I agreed that a knight in armor can be fast, but he won't be as fast as someone without
3. I never argued about stamina, only encumbrance
4. I argued about training because assuming that the knight can sprint faster than someone while wearing armor would at least imply that their training is better
5. Anon did say that "oh boy their training is so fucking great", but the opposite is true. We have - better - training nowadays.
>>
>>44066706
>weapon of your choice
I choose surprise! [Entire clip of AP magnum rounds to the tin can's face]

Alternately, the Death Star.
>>
>>44073522
And?

It's a war truck.
>>
>armor
I take chainmail.
>weapon
I take a dagger and a shield. I figure my only way of standing a chance is to surprise him by tackling and tripping him, then try to grapple and and lock his sword arm and stab him with my free hand.
>>
>>44066706
I hail him as a friend and a man of honor, and then beg his pardon to return to my holdings, and fetch my own squire and arms. We shall reconvene shortly thereafter, (I pledge my honor to do so) and continue our duel.

We ain't gonna reconvene
>>
>>44066706
Hope he can see my electric punch-ghost. Wait, actually, that wouldn't help him at all; even if he does manage to hit me or my stand, he'll get the hell shocked out of him the instant he makes contact, and the fact that he's wearing metal armor and swinging a metal sword doesn't help him.
>>
File: mideast-lebanon-palestinians.jpg (190 KB, 970x1448) Image search: [Google]
mideast-lebanon-palestinians.jpg
190 KB, 970x1448
>>44066706
>weapon of choice
DIE INFIDEL DOG

allahu akbar BOOM
>>
>>44073614
u wot m8
>>
>>44073551
>he quite literally can't do anything to me.

The famous last words of Anon before he got his hands cut off.
>>
>>44066706
I run and call the police.
>>
>>44073627
JoJo campaign, my character's stand can manipulate electricity. Unless he either A) has a stand of his own, or B) has a lot of spiritual power, he won't even be able to see it.
>>
>>44073297

>You realize an average medieval farm labourer would easily beat you to death right?

Yah, nah.

You think some bread eating 5'3 peasant would be able to take on a 6'0 meat eating modern man? No fucking way. I don't care how much hay you bale, you're not going to get big and strong unless you have a protein rich diet. Also, farm work will get you strong to an extent, but I doubt they pick up heavy shit and put it down for fun like we do.

You're underestimating us.

More intelligent /=/ weakness
>>
>>44073682
Breh, we're not talking about your character, we're talking about you.
>>
File: pope1.jpg (307 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
pope1.jpg
307 KB, 1500x1000
>>44066706
>a knight challenges me without cause to an illegal duel without secondaries and no considerations to parity of arms

I call the constable. The dude's a crook and a criminal.
>>
>>44073701
Go ahead and call the constable, he can't unstab you to death.
>>
>>44073686
>You think some bread eating 5'3 peasant would be able to take on a 6'0 meat eating modern man?
Studies suggest the diet of pre-modern people had suitable nutritional value for a healthy body by modern standards. Most peasants had a very well balanced diets going by current dietary science, with meat being part of that diet.

They weren't on a subsistence level diet of bread only.
>>
File: 1426296974101.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1426296974101.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
>>44073686
>but I doubt they pick up heavy shit and put it down for fun
Hello fellow /fit/izen
>>
>>44073686
You are not more intelligent, you are better educated.
>>
File: 1431714442636.png (82 KB, 343x324) Image search: [Google]
1431714442636.png
82 KB, 343x324
>>44073735
True
>>
File: 1435772017696.jpg (165 KB, 579x636) Image search: [Google]
1435772017696.jpg
165 KB, 579x636
>>44073724
But did the peasant girls have thick hips?
>>
>>44073773
You bet yo ass they did. That trait was as associated with beauty and childbearing capability then as it is today.
>>
>>44073699
Ah. I run and probably get killed, because pacifist.
>>
>>44073756
In all seriousness, Dillion Harper is an amazing pornstar. Can't wait till she does a gangbang shoot.
>>
>>44073735
But the more mentally stimulated you are at an early age the more likely you are to reach your full genetic potential for intelligence.
>>
File: 1444102221548.jpg (60 KB, 432x514) Image search: [Google]
1444102221548.jpg
60 KB, 432x514
>>44073822
>Dillion Harper is an amazing pornstar
>>
>>44073720
>yielding to violence
>accepting terrorist's terms
>>
>>44073497
So hop a fence. What the fuck is he going to do then?
>>
>>44074010
Teleport behind you and cut you down with his 10000 times folded sword.
What, you didn't know medieval training let you teleport? Pfft

That said, they could probably hop a fence, but again they wouldn't be as fast as someone who isn't out of shape and isn't wearing armor.
>>
>>44073724
Far more crippling would have been periods of malnutrition during childhood.

Which WERE common.

Hell, half of medieval warfare was burning the other dudes crops and killing his peasants.
>>
>>44068231
Tomorrows headline:
Armored man bludgeons local man to death with his own gameboy. Pokemon saved file corrupted.
>>
>>44074027
Fuck it. Get a maul, a hose, and a patch of muddy ground.

Welcome to knight killing peasant style.

Or fuck me, it's winter here. Hose the fucking ground and then the knight. Dance around on ice until he is too cold to hold his weapons in 2-3 minutes.
>>
>>44074051
He'd just warm himself up by hacking you to bits.
>>
>>44074065
How long would it take to boil a knight with a flamethrower?
Assuming you have infinite fuel
>>
>>44074065
It's -20 Celsius here. That's not an option. Also, inertia on ice is a horrible bitch to deal with. Nobody is moving fast, armour or not, and you're definitely not hacking.
>>
>>44066706
Have that filth executed.
I'm highborn and this piece of shit's lord will be offering us obsequience or our soldiers will have a go at his wife and girl children when we crush them for this insult.
>>
>>44074083
probably not much longer than it would to kill an unarmored person. The armor would probably keep him alive for a few seconds longer but the heat would still cook him.

People don't realize how hot flamethrowers burned.
>>
>>44074083
Depends where you hit. If it pours through the armor and gets inside (and it probably will) he's going to start running around funny after a short blast.
>>
>>44074113
Armor actually might fuck him over even worse given how the burning fuel would still get inside yet he couldn't try to take off his clothes to minimise the damage. Poor sod would cook from the inside.
>>
>>44066706

1.unload the whole mag
2.call the cops and ambulance, tell them about the body
3.check if some ward lost a loony.
4.???
5.Profit?
>>
>all those /k/ idiots thinking that bullets can kill anything ever.
>>
>>44074157
Flamethrowers tend to ignite human skin anyway so if anything he'd probably be a little better off with the armor, since it minimizes direct contact of the flames with his skin. But he'd still likely be screwed anyway.
>>
My weapon of choice is a hussite war wagon with a bunch of uppity angry protestants from Bohemia.
>>
>>44073545
She could use the attention. She's been really depressed since dad died.
>>
>>44067710
>sabre
>against armour

kikkety kek, bet you wish you'd have brought that short hafted pollaxe now
>>
>>44074648
Short haft, short shaft.
Real men use halberds.
>>
One of my friends seems to believe that if he were fully naked, armed with a dagger and used krav maga to disarm the knight he would be able to take him down with ease. He refuses to accept he is wrong. What are some good arguments I can put forth to btfo him?
>>
>>44074713
great for formation fighting but the long haft is just going to get in the way for a one on one duel. Pretty similar weapon otherwise.
>>
>>44074301
>>44074157
Armour or not, inhaling the hot gasses will sear the lungs, and he'll die of suffocation. It'll take a preposterous amount of fire to take him down by overheating quicker than he chokes, and otherwise we'd have to wait for dehydration or infection.
>>
>>44074648
>BattleOfNations2015_06.jpg
What he calls a falchion isn't a sabre, but a club in a drag.

>>44074717
>He refuses to accept he is wrong. What are some good arguments I can put forth to btfo him?
If he simply refuses then no arguments will work. You'll just have to get a better imaginary friend.
>>
File: Howtowin.png.gif (10 KB, 1076x624) Image search: [Google]
Howtowin.png.gif
10 KB, 1076x624
>>44074740
This is how I would fight
>>
>>44066706
Why would a knight challenge me to a duel for no reason?
>>
>>44074717
Your friend is an idiot, nothing you say will convince him. Just give up.
>>
>>44066706
I choose a longsword and a nice set of armor, then run away and sell it somewhere.

The guy ain't got shit on my endurance/leg strength/speed build and I am probably way taller than some medieval manlet at 1.76m.
>>
>>44074860
now come on, 5v1 is hardly chivalrous. Though I would vary their loadouts with billhooks and goedendags and such like they did in a great many peasant's revolts to keep the knight on their toes. I mean, if you're going to be unchivalrous you might as well do it properly.
>>
>>44074857
He's real, he just really fetishises unarmed martial arts (or enjoys making me upset :<)
>>
>>44066706
>You are having a normal day
Then I'm probably at home. I humbly refuse his offer of weapons and armor and tell him I have a weapon of my own.

Then I got get my AR from the safe.
>>
>>44074976
>chivalrous

Demanding a duel and threatening somebody with death, with no cause or claim. I am very chivalrous, but I dont have any respect for murders.
>>
>>44066706
good thing I have a taser.
>>
Take the chain mail since it's probably easier to move in than a suit of armour that I've never worn and wasn't made for me.

Then I'd take a spear since it's reach helps even the odds.
>>
File: duel.jpg (263 KB, 780x487) Image search: [Google]
duel.jpg
263 KB, 780x487
>>44066706
I counter-challenge him to pistols in the town square, to begin in four minutes!
>>
>>44066706
I choose suprise!
>>
>>44075146
Tasers have zero effect on armour, for the same reason you're safe in a car during a lightning storm.
>>
>>44075070
Not to mention the internal, nonconductive padding. In fact, I can't think of a worse weapon to bring than a tazer.
>>
>>44075366
This is not how it works, retard. If you touch any exterior pieces of the car during the strike you are fried. Faraday effect my ass.
>>
>>44075366
Metal conducts electricity. and he's wearing quite a but of it.
All it takes is just a bit of metal without much padding, likely on the sabatons or face guard, and he's quite shocked
>>
>all these chivalryfags insisting guns are useless against plate armor
>>
>>44075587
good luck not getting stabbed while you try that, peasant
>>
>>44074717
Doesn't krav maga hit the joints? I mean, if the guy's in a suit of armor it's going to be hard as fuck to disable him like that. If he manages to grab the guy and poke him through his armor-holes, he'd be good, but the fact that the armor guy has a fuckin' sword means that would be far from easy.
>>
>>44075366
But that armor isn't a single piece of metal like the structure of a car
>>
>>44074889
nobles gonna noble
>>
>>44075646
use a rubber band to hold down the button, tie a chain or rope to the back end, crouch and swing towards the sabatons.
Don't forget rubber gloves if you use a chain
>>
>>44074717
Inform him that knights also had training in unarmed combat, and that these guys literally lived for battle?
>>
>>44066706
Chain mail and a warhammer, with buckler if that's allowed
>>
>>44075885
>lived for battle
The average knight most probably has the attitude worse than the average soldier.
>>
>>44066706
Chain shirt, hammer, buckler. Or a hand axe. I'm a small man so gotta hit hard and stay light.
>>
>>44072629
Except to be very blunt about it, he's probably the only one here who stands a real chance. He has no life and does multiple practices a week, and as far as we can figure out, has some sort of military background.

I hate the faggot, but he has a better chance than me or you.
>>
>>44075646
>>44075827
Tasers are the one that shoot darts though

But now that I'm thinking about it, they'd probably just bounce off of it. A stun gun would actually be better.
>>
>>44066706
I pull out my magnum and carve a hole through his head so wide you could float a canoe down it.
>>
>>44066706
>a weapon of your choice

Automatic rifle with ammo.
>>
>>44077420
> He has no life and does multiple practices a week
This hardly makes him unique. I have no life and practice multiple times a week as well.

>and as far as we can figure out, has some sort of military background.
He doesn't.

> I hate the faggot, but he has a better chance than me or you.
Speak for yourself, though I put my odds as equal to Gropey. No fucking chance at all.
>>
>>44074717
Show him fencing treatises where kight are always wrestling in plate, display the way that the kight would break him if he even managed to get past the sword.
>>
May as well try to go for shittier plate armor and a warhammer or pick.
>>
>>44080539
Nah mate, like him or not, he would actually stand a chance unlike you.

As for the military deal, from what i've seen in his crash/first aid bag in /k/ he was probably a medic of some sort. The shit in his bag is recent and practical enough that he was probably a field quack.
>>
File: Armor Description.gif (969 KB, 420x717) Image search: [Google]
Armor Description.gif
969 KB, 420x717
>>44066706
I have five minutes to put on ALL THIS SHIT?
Oh hell naw. I'm asking for a gutentag.
>>
File: maille.jpg (33 KB, 1188x176) Image search: [Google]
maille.jpg
33 KB, 1188x176
>>44066925
>>
>>44066706
I inspect the suit of armour and make sure it has the gambeson/padding and the chain as well as the plates and ask for a pole-arm, preferably a poleaxe. If the suit of armour lacks the padding and chain and is just chain, I call him an honourless knave himself for trying to kill those lower than himself via trickery and presumably am cut down unless I can run faster than he can in his full armour.
>>
>>44083480
And again, it's not fucking old english, it's French.
>>
>>44083480
>screencapping yourself
anon pls
>>
>>44083611
>implying

Honestly, I don't even know who's trolling anymore.
>>
>>44082506
Maybe his squire will help you, or you get to call a friend to help.
>>
>>44074090
Have you seen any of those sword-throwing videos? Where they hold it more like a spear and throw it point-first? I'm not saying that's a super-viable move (it's clearly a last-ditch desperation tactic), but ice might not be the game-winner you think it is.

That said, that only helps if you're the only one the knight wants to kill.
>>
>>44074413
You can have the wagon, but it's a one-on-one fight so you have to pull and operate it alone.
>>
>>44074990
I mean, there's actually some truth to what he's saying: one of the methods for dealing with someone in plate is to wrestle them to the ground and then slide a stiletto through their eye slit, or through some other joint or gap if you can't get at the face. It's not that it's not a valid tactic, it's just that you friend probably doesn't have near enough training to actually pull it off, and even someone with the best training around would have pretty long odds to do that without any armor of their own.

Also I'm not sure how much krav maga focuses on wrestling, so you might want to try something a little softer, since hard strikes won't likely do much through armor.
>>
>>44066706
I chose the Raging Bull 44.Magum
I shoot him and his squire
I take the armors, put it in my car and go sell them at a recycling center for DOSH.
>>
>>44075885
Knighthood is a title, not a job description. There were plenty of "knights" that were just fat nobles pigging out in their castles that were given the title because they stuck their finger up the king's ass when he was feeling particularly randy one night or something.

Knighthood does not automatically mean combat-readiness.
>>
>>44066706
>chainmail
There's that word again
>>
>>44085062
Language evolves. Deal with it.
>>
>>44068014
The bullet is likely to skip off because armor is made to deflect hits. if it did penetrate which is unlikely, it would probably be stopped by the chainmail underneath, the sequence of rigid flat to deform and deflect and flexible chain to catch it is the most effective way of stopping bullets. That's the mentality behind modern armor, with ceramic plates being used above kevlar. Bullets aren't magic, they kill because you can shoot through soft things like flesh, but soft metal would have to expend a LOT of energy to actually rip hardened steel instead of deflecting. That's why steel targets last pretty much forever. Once you get up to rifles the armor would likely fail, but small arms wouldn't be very effective on well made plate armor, at least not enough to stop someone charging at you in it.

Old armor wasn't invalidated because it wasn't bullet proof, it's probably one of the best things you could have to deflect bullets. It stopped being used because it's expensive, unergonomic, required extensive training, can't properly be mass produced, etc.

Furthermore, the impact of a bullet is insignificant. Have you ever shot a gun before? The bullet literally cannot impact with more force than the recoil, so unless you've got a gun that rips your arm off every shot, you're not going to knock someone down with a bullet, it doesn't have enough mass.
>>
>>44082458
> Nah mate, like him or not, he would actually stand a chance unlike you.
Keep making assumptions

>The shit in his bag is recent and practical enough that he was probably a field quack.
Or someone who goes on google and looks shit up.
>>
>>44085179
FMJs will punch clean through plate armor. You can watch videos if you fancy.
>>
>>44071424
>MUH GUNS
>HUR DE DUR MUH LEAST COAS LIBRULS
>9mm ANEMIC VS PLATE ARMOR
>EMPTY THE CARTRIDGE

Look, it's ok that you're a nogunz loser.

But stop pretending you're not.
>>
>>44085179
Medieval armor was made out of 16 gauge steel/iron.

Test targets have to be over 1/4 inch thick.

You're out of your mind if you think medieval armor could stop .357 or .40, let alone 9mm.

Please post this in /k/ so the boys can have a laffo.
>>
>>44085179
Kevlar stops bullets because it diffuses force, unlike plate.

There's a reason we invented bulletproof jackets instead of having cops wear platemail under a leather jacket, and that reason has nothing to do with costs or training.

Plate is ineffective at stopping modern bullets, especially hot loads.
>>
>>44074976
>like they did in peasants revolts

You know that peasants basically never won a battle, right?

Peasant victories virtually always occurred when they first revolted and swarmed men caught completely surprised in towns and cities.

the flemish weren't peasants at all-normally the men they fielded were the men you'd call to put down a peasant revolt-and the hussites are a major outlier.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdXy0IfsWsE

Shitty bp zip gun vs plate. Not even half the force of 9mm.
>>
>>44082458
Nigger. a LOT of larpers have good medical bags.

You need them when a mix of bloodthirsty assholes, nerds, r9k types, hema and sca guys with no event to hit, and random newbies start hitting each other in the head and drinking in a field.
>>
>>44066719
Full plate is nimble as fuck, and your fat ass aint outrunning no professional shit-stabbers.
>>
>>44085209
Plate AND chain? And I've seen the videos, shooting rifles at cheap knock off armor at close range, at a perfect angle doesn't convince me.

I don't think plate is perfect impenetrable, I think that a full harness of good armor would give enough protection to be able to charge and kill someone with a handgun. I'm sure the bullets would deform and dent the plate, even penetrating it on some shots, but even fewer of those penetrating shots would make it all the way through the chainmail if any could at all, even then I doubt a bullet that has gone through a layer of plate, chain, and leather/or cloth would be an instantly fatal/incapacitating shot. I also doubt someone could reliably pump the number of bullets required into a charging knight. I'm sure FMJ would be far more effective, but even then I just don't buy the idea that you can fill a knight with holes like your 9mm is a god damn disintegration gun. The physics don't add up. Bullets penetrate because they are harder than their target, or have enough force to break it. But it takes a hell of a lot of force to get through plate, chain, cloth and still have enough force to rip apart a human body. The actual kinetic energy of a bullet isn't unreasonable, it's just high speed times tiny tiny mass. You can get greater net force with something like a pickaxe.

>>44085273
>/k/
>Knowing anything
Might as ask me to tell /a/ that katanas aren't perfect weapons. /k/ is about masturbation, not knowledge.
>>
Shitty musket destroying plate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfcRLT18IY
>>
>>44073773
I NEED TO BREED NOELLE
>>
>>44085179
/k/unt here: No, and you're a retard.

First, armor was "proof" against PISTOL fire.

Longer guns were safe out to medium range at best.

second, any gun firing fmj in a common carry caliber will haul ass through the thin as fuck metal making up plate, and chain
>isn't actually worn under the breastplate in later period armor
>does NOTHING to stop gunfire and makes the wounds worse when it fragments

the padding worn under plate was actually very, very thin. And again, would do fucking nothing to save you.

It's there to keep the armor from cahfing or pinching, to give you something to tie it to, and to sew maille patches onto.

The armor, by nature of being rigid, heavy, made to deflect strikes, and not always in direct contact with your skin, does a great job of absorbing trauma without it.

third, you're going to need half an inch or more of armor to reliably stop a 9mm pistol.

medieval plate usually maxes out at around 3mm.

>>44085306
plate diffuses force, just nowhere near effectively enough. It's also too thin. My pagst helmet is a hell of a lot thicker than a salade would be.
>>
>>44085385
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OSxFY917UH8
>>
>>44085385
>I'm sure.

And you're wrong.

Some us own guns and armor.

And study both.

You're aware that curiassiers had fucking steel breastplates into ww1, right?

They didn't work.

In order to make armor work, they had to MASSIVELY increase thickness to the point that frontal torso protection came in around 40lbs- as much as some full suits of plate.
>>
>>44085385
You know fucking crossbows can penetrate full plate, right?
>>
>>44085385
Bullshit. Not even from /k/, but plate, as well as chain is fucking weak against 9mm. Have you never fired a gun before? And the physics DO add up. Read up on it, m8.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.