[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your first successful campaign as a GM and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: successfuL_north_campaign.jpg (1016 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
successfuL_north_campaign.jpg
1016 KB, 1500x844
What was your first successful campaign as a GM and why?
>>
File: 14289260455970.jpg (251 KB, 1280x727) Image search: [Google]
14289260455970.jpg
251 KB, 1280x727
>>
Hosting Rogue Trader, it worked because I took the party out of the grimderp into a reasonable space opera scenario and the focus was on actual politics and not war.
>>
>>44064668

A pretty solidly generic 3.5 campaign that went on for about 3 years and had its share of great moments. It was great because the party managed to balance itself in a way where everybody had the ability to do things that were unique and important.

Basically, it wasn't great because of the campaign or myself, but because I had great players.
>>
My best campaign was for a 2 man party. A big tough guy and a shifty agile guy. The duo made a pretty interesting team, got in a lot of trouble, snuck around a lot. It was a very casual endeavor, but I think that took a lot of the pressure off because in previous games I ran there was always this weird compulsive desire to min/max and overthink every action.

I think as soon as my party realized they weren't letting down a whole room full of people as much as just one other guy it became a much more fun game.
>>
>>44068781
I did this too. They were pirates. Or privateers. Whatever

Sneak guy and fight guy are the best campaigns. You just have to make sure you drop absurd amounts of healing on them
>>
Mutants and masterminds with the party as rookie x-men.
Honestly the reason it was successful is we managed to keep routinely meeting up to play.
I love my group but damn do we have issues keeping to a schedule.
>>
A 3.5 campaign with my friends, it was successful because we were teenagers and all cared more about being a part of and shaping a story more so than the numbers so we were never in any real danger.
>>
Standard 5-man D&D 3.5 game. I had a preset level up on certain plot points and held occasional one-on-one sessions with players to cover stuff they wanted to do that didn't need the hole party.

The plot was standard "Evil Overlord has conquered the Multiverse, try and usurp him!"

Evil Overlord tried to escape the final battle after a fun slog of a fight by just fucking off to another multiverse, resulting in the best use of a Wish spell I've seen in a while.

"I wish he doesn't have a nice trip."

Solid 6 month run, the fact that the players were friends and had experience playing 3.5 definitely helped.
>>
File: Alpha_Comb.gif (27 KB, 95x140) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Comb.gif
27 KB, 95x140
A campaign that ran like a 1990s action movie because we choose a narrtive system and had lots of fun
>>
File: GDB Special no box.png (793 KB, 1438x812) Image search: [Google]
GDB Special no box.png
793 KB, 1438x812
A super robot campaign with two seasons that ran using BCG.

Started off fighting a cult in the first season and ended with fighting an inter-dimensional godlike being by abusing a time paradox to remove his power source so they could save the multiverse/the timelines.

S2 was by far the most fun because they travelled to alternate universes, so they met alternate versions of themselves.

I didn't have fun for a good half of S2 but I'm glad I powered through.
>>
>>44064668
Can a character from DandD live indefinitely (example, through multiple campaigns or expansions?) Total DandD noob here
>>
>>44073275
And a total imageboard "noob" as well, it seems. You should find a more suitable thread to post this in.

But to answer your question, if two campaigns share the same setting and a similar timeframe, you could probably play as the same character. It's just common sense.
>>
>>44073275

Totally up to you. My group generally makes new characters for new campaigns, different settings and everything, but its totally up to you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.