[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The inn employs "creative pricing"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>
DOes that mean that they charge more to peole who look wealthy?
>>
>>44058849
>The inn burns down
>40 witnesses claim to not have seen anything suspicious
>>
File: 1396581986124.jpg (18 KB, 212x254) Image search: [Google]
1396581986124.jpg
18 KB, 212x254
>>44058849
>guests must pay with their bodies
>>
>>44058849
Grunk drink all your ale and now you say there human bandits grunk can kill for you?

Grunk come back always.
>>
>>44058849
I immediately leave the game. Shit game, would never play again.
>>
>>44058849
>Customers must pay in wheat sheafs and fox hides
Time to do some hunting & farming, yeah!

Impolite sage for shit topic.
>>
>expecting modern economics out of the middle ages
There's no other inn in a day's walk, gentle folks.
>>
>>44060486
There's no inn here anymore either, motherfucker.

"I carefully douse the whole place in oil then throw a torch on it as I run to the bushes and ready my crossbow for anyone who tries to flee."

I wouldn't actually do that because I don't tend to play evil fucking psychos.
>>
>>44060521
I did that once actually. It was a world where alchemists had the ability to form gunpowder but only for small mining charges (weak dynamite) so I bought some (with all my money, way too expensive) and set it in the ground between too open grave plots and hid until morning (the magical guarana bean equivalent helped greatly) and then when morning came, the Duke I wanted to kill appeared with his dead wife and son (who I killed in a house fire) and then BOOM!!!

The amount of xp I got for killing six nobels jumped me three levels. Fun as hell but never again
>>
>>44058988
>this means that have to help with housekeeping, and is not a fetish in any way
>>
>>44060951
>the inn is also a brothel.
>the definition of "chores" gere is rather liberal.

Still not my fetish, I swear, guys. Now busty cleric and theif boy, you have customers. Please make sure to roleplay it slowly for me, and in intensive detail.
>>
>>44058868
>charge more to peole who look wealthy?

>Plate of mutton
>Two gold
>The average commoner makes 3 silver a year
>>
>>44058849
>There's a small slate behind the barkeep, written in chalk are the prices

Gimmie an Ale: 5 sp.
An ale 3 sp
May I have an Ale: 2 sp
May I have an ale please: 1 sp.
Incorrect grammar (+1 sp per infracture.)
>>
>>44063374
>>The average commoner makes 3 silver a year
I never got that meme: The results of using your profession pays out in GP per WEEK.
A level 1 commoner with 1 rank in profession and a 10 Wis will make an average of 11 gp per week. Even with expenses, there's a good chance of banking some actual cash away for the next year, as long as they don't go all spend happy.

The only people who don't make GP per week are untrained laborers, who earn 1 sp / day. That's still 1 GP / week in the D&D 10-day-week settings.
>>
>>44064769
Well it obviously depends on the setting and the system and stuff, but going off what you've said I think the 11 gp a week guy is probably in the upper-middle class of his community. Many villagers are in the 1 gp a week category, and much like impoverished people in modern times, they must spend 100% of what they make to survive to the following week (i.e. paycheck to paycheck). Even the 11 gp a week guy is spending way more than he can save, I'd imagine.

The 3 sp a year thing is a bit of a misnomer though, yeah. I don't think any D&D commoners are that poor, even beggars are making more than 3 sp a year. It would be more accurate to say they can only manage to save back a few silvers every month, or that they've never held multiple gold pieces in their hand at once.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.