[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about 1p40k and their other games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1p40k - Main Rulebook v2.19.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1p40k - Main Rulebook v2.19.pdf
1 B, 486x500
What do you guys think about 1p40k and their other games?
>>
>>44055057
Most of them are more or less the same and even though i did not play any yet, the all seem like they would become stale after a few games.
Except Grimdark Racing, i was grinning like stupid reading this and someday I'll manage to get my local group to play a round.
>>
>>44055057

>21 pages
>>
>>44055057
utter shite. removes the interesting fluff part of the same,is way oversimplified. only played by deficients
>>
>>44055828
>fun police

>>44055704
thisIsBait.jpg
>>
Good as a first step to introduce people to wargaming or for the most beer-and-pretzels experience you could possibly have.
Bad for any depth both tactical or fluff wise as most units feel similar. Gets boring after a few games.
>>
>>44055903
Only gets as boring as normal 40k.
Personally, I think they're great, fun, easy to play, consistent, and enjoyable. Not to everyone's taste, but they're not as bland as people think. The various traits gives a lot of flexibility and difference.

Oh, and yes, >>44055684 Grimdark Racing is great!
>>
>>44055965
I don't feel as attached to my units in 1p games in the same way as I do in 40k. 40k is much more "your dudes" thanks to the customizatiron and the statline. That's why it's more boring for me.
>>
>>44055903
>>44055965
Well that comes from the fact that the majority of the strategy involved in 40k is the listbuilding itself, which is a lot less complex and faction-specific in 1 page rules.
Everything else is just following the basic rules over and over again, which just goes faster with 1pr.
>>
Who else would use
1p40k with Chain Reaction 3
1pFB with Swordplay

with Rep = 8 - Quality
i.e. Quality 6 = Rep 2
Quality 2 = Rep 6
>>
>>44055057
Its fine if you want to run a really big game without a lot of the annoyance, but for Simple Rulesets for quick games, I prefer Killteam.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.