[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mtg/ Casual General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10
File: MagicTheGathering.png (189 KB, 2048x1160) Image search: [Google]
MagicTheGathering.png
189 KB, 2048x1160
"This is my first general" edition.

So there isn't a thread already for casual, but I need advice, so I'm starting this in hopes people can give some friendly advice, and in the process can start a fun thread.
>>
So I am pretty bad at deck building, but I'm trying to get better. I used to try my hand out in specific formats, but I realized it wasn't worth the trouble, since I have the most fun in multiplayer games.

I built this, using whatever cards I liked (I'm a big fan of Delver), in hopes to put a more personal but still usable spin on the archetype. What do you guys think? Please be nice :)

4x Brainstorm
4x Dismember
4x Mana Leak
4x Memory Lapse
2x Murderous Cut
1x Undermine
2x Ponder
1x Preordain
2x Thoughtseize
3x Treasure Cruise
4x Dismal Backwater
8x Island
2x Nephalia Drownyard
8x Swamp
4x Deathrite Shaman
4x Delver of Secrets Flip
1x Pack Rat
2x Tasigur, the Golden Fang
>>
>>44053677
It doesn't look terrible... Why memory lapse?
>>
>>44053834
I don't have much money for more interesting counterspells, and I decided against the original counterspell because I wanted to mess with their card supply, as well as it's easier to cast.
>>
so i got this one http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rbw-mardu-overrun/

it's my favourite deck so far because goblins and sacs are hella fun. but i don't think this deck is fast enough for some very early aggressive play right off the bat. any ideas?
>>
>>44053950
I feel as though you could replace Ponyback Brigade with something simple like dragon fodder and Chief of the Edge doesn't make much sense, but it looks like a fun deck. Maybe a lil zurgo (maybe the big one as well) or two would work nicely
>>
Shameful self bump
>>
>>44054081
yeah, i've been meaning to get rid of them for something much better despite their synergy for Impact Tremors. their cmc is hell for the deck. i think i might stick in a couple of big zurgos instead of the little guy in case the shop sold out on him.

also, would Zulaport Cutthroat and Goblinslide work better for this instead of Dragon Fodder? cutthroats might synergize well in here and goblinslide may be great for my other non-creature spells there for a resupply of gobblins
>>
>>44054949
The first looks alright, but they're both dependent on ifs so theyre a bit slow... I dunno man, I don't play standard so I'm not the best person to ask. Try the standard thread maybe? I feel as though the format specific threads are pretty mean tho lol
>>
>>44054645
Don't worry fellow casual mtg player here to bump for you
>>
>>44055482
Thanks friend. Could I have some constructive criticism on >>44053677 if you don't mind? I ordered the cards I didn't have, only spent 30 bucks but I'm a bit skeptical on it still...
>>
>>44053677
You should really upgrade your lands. Watery Grave, Underground River, Darkslick Shores, Drowned Catacomb, and Sunken Hollow can be bought for less than $10 each.
Brainstorm losses a lot of its utility when you don't have easy access to shuffle effects. You should probably cut some copies of it for more copies of Ponder and Preordain.
>>
>>44053677
Really needs more fetches, even stuff like terramorphic. Fetches make your brainstorms into pseudo ancestral recall, and feeds your deathrite/delve. If you cant get shuffles, then ponder/preordain are much much better.

Aside from that, delver/10
>>
>>44053677
id take out deathrite shaman because in delver, you already have a strong enough of an early game that you can use those slots for something else. it also cuts out about $25 off of the price of the list, assuming you dont already own them.

also, its a nonbo (anti synergy) with your bomb (tasigur), your draw and your removal. maybe even remove murderous cut for hero's downfall or go for the throat/doom blade because you've got quiet a bit of delve in the deck. even with all the instants/sorcs in the deck.

cut brainstorm if you dont have fetches.
either cut thoughtseize or run more discard. (maybe the 4 open slots from the shamans could be used for something like Distress.)

over all it looks good. besides a few weird choices. heres what i would do to change it.

4x hero's downfall (murder,go for the throat, doom blade ect)
3x dismember (its only really good because you can pay life to it, the indestructible aspect doesnt come up too often.)

4x ponder
4x preordain
2x treasure cruse

4x memory lapse
4x mana leak
2x undermine

4x Delver
4xshadow mage infiltrator
2x tasigur
1x packrat ( i really think this should be cut for a better mana sink. i loved running mindshrieker in delver as a curve ball.)

8x swamp
8x island
4x Drowned catacombs
2x nephalia drownyard (id run manlands, even if it were spawning pool. but its not really my list lol)
>>
>>44053677
With a few tweaks, you can move this list over to pauper. Add in some Duress and Edicts in place of the rares and uncommons - as well as Cruise because its banned - maybe a Read The Bones or a Doom Blade or two, and you have a deck that can hang in the format.
Also, as others have said, Brainstorm isn't great without good fetchlands or other cheap shuffle effects to get rid of what you put back. If you want to play it go down to 2 and up Ponder to 4 so you can shuffle away a bit more.
>>
>>44056808
>>44057774
Shit I wasn't aware that's what the fetches were partially for, that's smart. I'll probably invest in some more ponders because I don't have too much money to spend, but I can definitely look into it.

>>44058241
I actually JUST bought the deathrites... I was pretty excited to get them because I play a lot of multiplayer, and with them I can effect everybody. But I see your point... Maybe I won't use all of them (but I defintely will use like 2 cuz gosh darnit I spent my friggin money on them). i like the idea of more discard though, I was already toying with that. Also I was actually gonna pick up some mishra's factorys today, I figured theyd be a good addition.

>>44058997
This is actually moving away from pauper, as I've built a few pauper decks with mild success, including a u/r delver. I built them on paper as well, because I don't play mtgo, which is why I am just sort of not sticking to any format; nobody plays pauper on paper, so I'm just sort of playing banned cards against their modern decks lol.
>>
Hey friends. I've got this deck: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/air-force-black-ops/

It's my first deck and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I like the theme and it's certainly fun to play but it is definitely not great against most of my friend's decks.

I've swapped out two of the necropolis fiends for dranas, and am working on getting two more of her, but what other changes would you guys recommend to make it a bit more competitive?
>>
Rules question:

It's player A's second main phase, he's finished casting spells so he passes priority

Player B gets priority and casts Unsummon on one of player 8's creatures, then passes priority

Player A has no instant speed plays so he lets Unsummon resolve, it does

After any spell resolves, each player gets priority, so player A gets it again

My question is: is it still player A's main phase? And if so, can player A cast a sorcery speed spell with his priority?

When a player passes priority with an empty stack during their main phase, have they given up the chance to cast any more sorcery speed spells that main phase?

The crux of the issue is what if the creature had an end step trigger? Is it possible to deny somebody an end step trigger if they have enough mana to recast it at sorcery speed?
>>
>>44061146
>is it still player A's main phase? And if so, can player A cast a sorcery speed spell with his priority?
Yes and yes. The turn does not progress to the next step or phase until each player passes priority consecutively while the stack is empty.

>Is it possible to deny somebody an end step trigger if they have enough mana to recast it at sorcery speed?
No. After Unsummon resolves, player A gets priority again and the turn is still in the main phase.
>>
brought it up in another thread but I'll post again here to see how others feel about it.

My buddies and I play a casual version of the game we call "landfill." which basically means take out all of the basic lands from your library and put them in a separate pile. Each draw phase you can draw from either your main library or your "landfill." the idea was to make it more like Force of will in that one aspect, even though I'm sure others have played styles similar to this. We just call it landfill because we're the type of obnoxious players to drag our inside jokes with us everywhere
>>
>>44061494

I don't like getting mana starved either, but I think you miss out on certain game dynamics by doing that, also you make draw effects even more overpowered than They already are compared to other effects like removal and damage
>>
>>44060565
Drs is played in legacy bug delver for 2 reasons. He enables backbreaking t2 plays, like hymm+thoughtseize. He also grinds out games like nothing else. If you have 3 mana game winning plays, deathrite is good, otherwise, not worth the green splash.
>>
>>44062321
yea this is true. i think the only reason it seems to work out though is because none of our decks are top tier ones. they were just standard (now modern) budget decks that didn't really have anything in them that would be game breaking with this draw style. i imagine though if more people were to get in on it, it would require a pretty big ban list, or maybe not allow cards over a certain rarity like pauper.
>>
>>44062499
>He enables backbreaking t2 plays, like hymm+thoughtseize
Do you mean if they discard a land and he produces a third mana?
>>
>>44063596
t1 fetchland+shock/dual. T2 hymm, Deathrite for mana, seize.
>>
>>44062499
>>44063596
Wait yeah of course you did I just didn't read that right. Well I have two hymms, I have two thoughtseizes... Maybe I'll rework more discard in here. I feel as though I may want to keep it to a minimum, just keeping thoughtseizes to minimize early game threats, so I can keep it multiplayer friendly; having those target player discards aren't as useful in those settings
>>
>>44063636

you should always seize before hymn anon. always.
>>
>>44063636
OOOOHHHHH. fucking genius god damn I have a lot of tricks to learn. Do you pick up this stuff by watching protours/tournies, or just from playing a long time
>>
File: GWModern.png (6 MB, 2302x2114) Image search: [Google]
GWModern.png
6 MB, 2302x2114
yeah sure I'll bite
>>
File: sphere of saftey.jpg (25 KB, 200x288) Image search: [Google]
sphere of saftey.jpg
25 KB, 200x288
>>44053648
anyone have dumb but fun decks to play
i sometimes play a deck with a ton of pay to attack cards like sphere of saftey
>>
>>44061494
I'd love to play burn in your bullshit format and only ever draw 1 or 2 mountains
>>
>>44065494
I have a fun but dumb one that I realized didn't work cuz I read a card wrong, lemme post it when i get home brah. Still funny
>>
File: RGaggburn.png (6 MB, 1849x2113) Image search: [Google]
RGaggburn.png
6 MB, 1849x2113
>>44065494
>dumb
yes

this is my other deck
>>
>>44065494
I play soul sisters life gain fort with chalice of life as my win condition. when you got 2 sisters and suture priest in play and flashback increasing devotion ahhh lawdy the niggas get mad
>>
>>44065494
here's a dumb and fun deck for multiplayer

4 Mogg Maniac
4 Spitemare
4 Boros Reckoner
4 Broodhatch Nantuko
4 Hornet Nest
4 Saber Ants

4 Chain Reaction
4 Blasphemous Act
4 Shivan Meteor
2 Destructive Revelry

13 Mountain
5 Forest
4 Rootbound Crag

if your kitchen table meta is creature-oriented it should be incredibly easy to drop Blasphemous Act for R
>>
Why is this set's Shock equivalent $2? Does Wild Slash's "no damage prevention" clause ever end up really mattering?
>>
Can anyone recommend some good cards that give more bonuses based on the amount of counters on them? I have a UW Bird tribal deck that works really well and I thought I'd try out a version of it with RU, maybe B too. I know I'm going to be running at least these cards:

Thrummingbird
Lighthouse Chronologist
Delay
Braid of Fire
Falkenrath Exterminator
Bomb Squad
Banshee's Blade
Culling Dais
Contagion Engine
Titan Forge

Also thinking of using four copies of Paradox Haze to abuse multiple upkeep benefits on top of proliferate, so more cards like Braid of Fire would be great.
>>
>>44066637
You could add green for cards like Doubling Season, Vorel of the Hull Clade, and Gilder Bairn.
>>
Bamp
>>
File: doges with guns.png (488 KB, 809x561) Image search: [Google]
doges with guns.png
488 KB, 809x561
>>44065918
>chalice of life as my win condition
people like you belong in a garbage can
>>
>>44065494
>>44065822
2x Blessed Reversal
2x Mana Leak
3x Path to Exile
2x Rapid Hybridization
2x Remand
4x Gideon, Champion of Justice
4x Hunted Phantasm
3x Soul Warden
3x Soul's Attendant
2x Suture Priest
4x Wall of Denial
4x Glacial Fortress
10x Island
9x Plains
2x Ghostly Prison
4x Norn's Annex

gideon stupidness
>>
>>44064746
>>44065846
WAT DE FUG
>>
>>44064746
even in the casual thread this bait is unbelievable. I respect the hell out of your craft.
>>
>>44060565
Don't ever take out deathrite shaman. It's the best one drop creature existing and you shouold play it if you are on black, UNLESS there is pretty damn good reason not to. Use notion thief as mana sink. Depending on what you play against, a notion thief into opponent brainstorm is game over. Treasure cruises are fucking ugly, just better not to play because using legacy banlist as a guide in casual games adds some sanity into it. Other than that, there isn't much to add here if you ain't ready to sink money. Maybe add hymn and more ponder for shuffle.
>>
>>44063705
I don't see it, why? Because it has higher chance to hit lands after that?

>>44061494
Good idea, but with MtG cards it's bullshit that doesn't work. Or maybe it does...... Might need a bit of thought on deckbuilding tho. It makes some game plans ugly as fuck, namely burn and ramp.
>>
>>44063727
I've been playing legacy DnT for about a year, I'm not terrible, but I make stupid mistakes with Pithing needle and Revoker all the time. On the bright side, i'm never going to be blindsided by aluren ever again.

>>44063705
Yeah, my bad, sequencing is important.
>>44070337
You want the maximum amount of damage possible, Seize is really for precision stuff, Hymm is for an absurd amount of card advantage. If you seize first, much risk of wasted cards.
>>
>>44070412
much LESS risk
>>
>>44070260
>>44070412
New list if you're interested:

2x Brainstorm
3x Dismember
3x Hero's Downfall
4x Mana Leak
3x Memory Lapse
2x Undermine
4x Deathrite Shaman
4x Delver of Secrets
1x Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
2x Shadowmage Infiltrator
2x Tasigur, the Golden Fang
4x Ponder
2x Preordain
2x Treasure Cruise
4x Dismal Backwater
8x Island
2x Mishra's Factory
1x Nephalia Drownyard
7x Swamp

Biggest thing I'm toying with is taking out some countermagic for the seizes and hymms (i have two of each), but I like counterspells... Also I figured Kira was a good addition to the list because she protects the shit out of my creatures. Idk did I screw it all up or is it better now
>>
>>44071527
Oh, and i'm going to put those other b/u lands in, i just forgot
>>
Just started playing a few weeks ago. I've been mostly playing casual games with some buddies and my local game store runs modern and standard tournaments once a week.

After buying some BFZ boosters, I figured out that landfall would be the most coherent deck to play with for now.

Got some freebies from others and traded a few cards and I sorted out the following list:

Creature (18)

3x Grove Rumbler
4x Makindi Sliderunner
4x Scythe Leopard
4x Snapping Gnarlid
3x Valakut Predator

Land (21)

2x Blighted Woodland
4x Evolving Wilds
8x Forest
7x Mountain

Instant (11)

3x Natural Connection
2x Swell of Growth
4x Temur Battle Rage
2x Titan's Strength

Sorcery (8)

2x Barrage of Boulders
2x Explosive Vegetation
2x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2x Sylvan Scrying

Enchantment (2)

2x Retreat to Kazandu

Any major flaws? Cards like Atarka's command would be essential but I'm a bit hesitant to chip in ~20 eurobucks (local price) for a single card, at least for now.
>>
I decided to give MTG another try recently, I played for a little bit in high school but after graduation everyone I knew who played moved away or quit and I ended up falling out too. so I went to my parents house and dug in my old closet and found a fatpack box of loose cards and one complete deck, the graveborn pre-built deck from like 2011. so I sleeved it up and I've been playing it with my coworkers.

Are there any suggestions for what I could change to make it more consistent, because it seems like 50/50 either I get something huge out early and win or I just don't draw the right cards I need and don't do anything for 5-6 turns then lose

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/169
>>
>>44074298
The best upgrade would be 3 more entombs, but that's a $20 card. Don't sweat it if you cant/don't want to get them. Next reanimate and animate dead are your best reanimation spells, move to 4x of those. Go to 4x putrid imp so you have a more reliable discard outlet. Lastly verdant force and avatar of woe just aren't all that impressive as fat ass win conditions in this deck, I recommend replacing them with griselbrand and iona, shield of emeria. These are the changes I made to my graveborn deck before I finally decided to strip it apart and build legacy reanimator last year.
>>
>>44074521
that all seems pretty solid, back then I was hesitant to spend money but I have a decent income now, and all that together looks to be less than $100. thanks for the advice.
>>
>>44065494
>anyone have dumb but fun decks to play
yeah I have one lying around collecting dust, I think people call it a "control deck"
>>
>>44075673
I think he meant fun for everyone, not just yourself.
>>
>>44072702
become immense + temur battle rage can lead to some huge blow outs. might consider grabbing one or two.
>>
>>44075697
But anon miracles is my favorite deck
>>
My LGS recently changed how their drafts work..

1st = 15 credit, 2nd = 10, 3/4th = 5 each

To

1st = RTR foil shockland of your choice (not mint, clearly seen play)

And that's it.. from 3 round to single elimination

For someone thats new to magic i find it more fun to just play the draft itself rather than completely just fight for 1st in a single elimination

Even looking at they payout value they just basically gave the $35 credit split between 4 people to just giving it all to first place

I mean even if I won, i would have to find someone to buy the shockland from me because it holds no value to me as im not a player of any format outside of drafts currently

Fug
>>
>>44066382
this is goofy af
>>
>>44077405
I considered it, but I thought that delve might be a bit unreliable if my graveyard stays empty due to so many ways to exile cards these days.
>>
>>44079226
yeah they really screwed that shit up didn't they
>>
>>44079226
>>44079296
Assuming this is for Standard, what cards are there that make your graveyard unreliable?
>>
>>44061494
How do you handle cards that ask one player to reveal cards from their library until a land card is revealed?
>>
>>44078523
Time to find a new LGS.
>>
>>44063699
>>44063596
>>44053677
I just want to chime in that targeted discard is really bad in multiplayer.

>4 players
>all have 5 cards in hand
>cast thoughtsize
>you now have 4 cards in hand, one opponent has 4 cards, two other players still have 5
>you even lost two life
>essentially pay 2 life to lose 2/3 card advantage

Honestly, delver in general is a pretty poor deck for multiplayer, as it relies in a few threats and keeping them around while stopping your opponent. You now have 3 times as many players to stop, there's nothing you can do if two people decide to cast their removal together.

For that reason, Pack Rat and Tasigur are great choices. Pack Rat because it saves itself with its activated ability (as the copies get the ability too), and Tasigur because of its recursion ability that can help keep you in the game.

Vampire Nighthawk is far more valuable in multiplayer due to the increased value of incremental lifegain and deathtouch. Having vampire nighthawk in play will pretty much nullify any small attacks coming your way, meaning they will all go towards other players. Having the ability to gain life is good for the same reason, as it keeps you in the game longer, which can drag out in multiplayer. I'd consider this card at least.

The best blue removal in multiplayer is Cyclonic Rift.
It's a 2 mana unsummon early, and wins you the game late, having a card that scales with the duration of the game is important.

Another awesome multiplayer card is Ophiomancer, much for the same reason as Nighthawk. Tells your opponents to fuck off.

Obviously all of the above is just for multiplayer FFA casual games. In normal magic, cards that go 1 for 1 are playable. In multiplayer, they need to do more than that.
>>
File: li210_searing_spear.jpg (39 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
li210_searing_spear.jpg
39 KB, 620x400
>>44064746
>>44065846
tfw no one helps
>>
>>44080019
>Honestly, delver in general is a pretty poor deck for multiplayer
I knew that going into it, but it's the only archetype that seems cheap that I really dig. Plus Deathrite Shaman and Delver of Secrets are my two favorite creatures, the artwork for both are great, so I figured I'd build something around them...

>For that reason, Pack Rat and Tasigur are great choices
At least for pack rat that's what my first thought was... Fuck I guess I'll put him back in.

>Vampire Nighthawk
>Cyclonic Rift
I have neither card and I don't want to spend much more even though you're totally right ;___;
>>
>>44080391
Those decks needs focus. It looks like someone drafted those cards.
>>
>>44080019
>>44080688
Oh, at least vampire nighthawk is only around a buck, I thought it was 3... I'll pick some of those guys up for sure then. Although I get the feeling my lgs will mark it up to 2-2.50
>>
>>44079439
It's mostly for Modern, since that's what everyone plays around here, but I'm aiming for Standard with this deck.

All of the new devoid cards exile my cards from the battlefield and hand, but now that I think about it, there's not too many spells or abilities that exile cards from the graveyard.
>>
>>44080848
cranial archive is the only thing in standard I can think of that fucks with graveyards and it doesn't exile them
>>
>>44080391
tell us your problems with the decks and we'll tell you what to do to improve them. you've basically just slapped a random pile of cards down in front of us without any indication of what you want.

your decks look like you built them out of the random chaff you opened in booster packs. a lot of casual decks are like that, but what do you want from us?
>>
File: 1431662056461.png (229 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1431662056461.png
229 KB, 500x381
I'm trying to get back into Magic. I haven't played since like the end of Kamigawa.

Whats a good budget goblin deck I can get for around $25-30?
>>
>>44081090
A quick google search brings this up:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-r-goblins/

If you end up ordering it off tcg, be sure to optimize your cart, can save a shit ton of money.

Also, may want to add a few of these guys, could replace a few of the more expensive cards in the deck (the deck is modern btw so people wont get their panties in an uproar, sometimes people get annoyed).

http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/magic-origins/goblin-piledriver
>>
>>44081419
Also a good way to budgetify this deck nore would probably to add more burn, like collateral damage or lightning bolts (assuming you have them, theyre twoish bucks now)
>>
>>44081419
http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/magic-2015-m15/goblin-rabblemaster
Also this depending on what direction to take it
>>
>>44080727
Cyclonic Rift is also only $3 and is amazing.
>>
>>44081803
Yeah I'm just gonna wait until after the holidays probably.
>>
>>44080714
>>44080989
Alright, here's bit better of the green/white warriors deck. Tell me if these plays might work or if they're shit:
-Turn 2 vigilance with Herald of Dromoka
-giving any human flying with Cavalry Pegasus + a buff instant for attacks
-If a lot of creatures end up in both graveyards then Undergrowth Scavenger gets pretty huge
-Seeker of the Way prowess trigger and Sunblade Elf are an easy extra +1/+1

With the Red/Green deck the main play is to generate quick mana with burning tree/elvish mystic or to re-use forest with arbor elf to play quick 1/1's, burn/removal spells, and the Ghor-Clan (which can be used as a buff or a creature) I could just swap out creatures for Kird Apes and Spark Elementals, and swap the predator's rapport, gruul charms, and savage twister for rift bolts/lava spikes.
>>
File: GWModernV3.png (5 MB, 1789x2114) Image search: [Google]
GWModernV3.png
5 MB, 1789x2114
>>44085311
>>
>>44053677
I don't know what you'll play against so I'm going to give all my thoughts based on blind matchups and assuming you have a sideboard.

>4x Dismember
4 is probably too many, unless your meta has a bunch of x/5s and under that must be answered, (IE phyrexian obliterator) I'd cut this down to 1 MAYBE 2, or move it to the side all together. Consider instead using cheap removal like: Smother, Victim of Night, Diabolic/Chainer's Edict, Doom Blade/Ghastly Demise/Ultimate Price.

>4x Mana Leak
Memory lapse is cool because it doesn't stop working later into the game. Consider other hard counters, or faster ones if they're going to be soft (spell pierce), maybe daze with mana leak if you know other people run a lot of <20 land decks.

>2x Murderous Cut
Consider more reliable removal, but this isn't strictly bad as a one of. Maybe run Hymn instead.

>1x Undermine
You can play better counters, you aren't trying to win with damage off of the board so focus on the board.

>2x Ponder
>1x Preordain
You play delver, so play 4 ponder, maybe fill extra slots with preordain if you have any left over, gitaxian probe would be better.

>2x Thoughtseize
Sideboard if you run one, reconsider this based on meta otherwise.

>3x Treasure Cruise
Just remember it's banned/restricted in everything so people might get salty.

>Lands
You basically curve out at 2 here, you can go down to 18-19 lands, and should to flip delver. Also reconsider drownyard, you won't win with it and self-milling isn't great without snapcaster and goyf. Consider a mishra's factory or two.

>1x Pack Rat
Run 4, it's slower than the rest of your threats but it can accidentally win after turn 5.

>2x Tasigur, the Golden Fang
Run one, the legend rule becomes relevant more than you might want, and he's not essential to your game plan and he's not going to come out fast.

If you really want you can look into Death's Shadow legacy decks and throw in ulcerates, it's potentially a faster threat than pack rat or tasigur.
>>
>>44071527

counterspells and discard are just removal for zones that aren't the battlefield, don't feel bad about swapping them around as you see fit. make sure you can handle whatever you think will fuck you up though
>>
Kobold Deck

4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
4 Crimson Kobolds
4 Crookshank Kobolds
4 Kobold Drill Sergeant
4 Bomb Squad
2 Dwarven Recruiter
3 Bronze Bombshell
4 Bazaar Trader

4 Incendiary

4 Infernal Plunge

3 Kher Keep
20 Mountain
>>
>>44087539
I play a Kobold deck with 4 Beck // Call, 2 Glimpse of Nature, and Goblin Bushwhacker. And I used to play a Kobold clamp deck with Carnival of Souls.

You're obviously not trying to combo off like that, but I still recommend a Bushwhacker or a Signal Pest.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.