[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Force of Will?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_ndse9mHWBV1u1kny5o1_1280.jpg (158 KB, 536x747) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndse9mHWBV1u1kny5o1_1280.jpg
158 KB, 536x747
Thoughts on Force of Will?
>>
weab shit
>>
>>44049187
It seems like magic but for weaboos.
>>
File: ENMPR032.jpg (242 KB, 556x777) Image search: [Google]
ENMPR032.jpg
242 KB, 556x777
>>44049385
It's a mix between Magic/Yugioh and Hearthstone. Instead of having your mana in your deck, you have a Mana deck so you are sure to draw a mana card every turn.

I like the theme of Fairy Tales/Lovecraft
>>
File: Hastur_the_Unspeakable.jpg (194 KB, 533x752) Image search: [Google]
Hastur_the_Unspeakable.jpg
194 KB, 533x752
>>
File: Gretel.jpg (68 KB, 289x403) Image search: [Google]
Gretel.jpg
68 KB, 289x403
>>
Seems worse than MtG at the moment, give it a few years to figure itself out.

(That said I've never played the game and only looked over the rules/cards, so i'm probably an idiot)
>>
>>44049187
i want to get into it because i am a massive cock gargling faggot. is it like cheap enough to do reasonably?
>>
I have no idea what's going on here, but I know that I like it.
>>
I hate how yugishit and this new game do attack/power and defense/toughness in the hundreds and thousands for the edgy effect. Occam's razor niggers. 4/4 >>>>>>> 400/400
>>
>>44049443
>I like the theme of tentancle rape monsters
FTFY
>>
>>44053494
Same way Japanese rpgs work

If you start the game dealing 100 damage per attack, you're doing something wrong
>>
>>44053494
Japs are used to doing mental math in the hundreds instead of single digits due to currency
>>
The only valid criticism I've seen in these threads is about parasitic design, and they're actually kind of making it work at this point.
The new set is strong and fun and drops the prices of current staples.
>>
File: G-BT04-003EN-RRR.png (244 KB, 273x401) Image search: [Google]
G-BT04-003EN-RRR.png
244 KB, 273x401
>>44053494
There are games that have it worse in terms of mental math. Working with hundreds isn't that annoying in comparison.
>>
I really am starting to like this game, because it's a bastard child of the MTG variants I like. In order to explain it to the magic nerds, you can break it down like this:

You start the game with a hybrid EDH general/vanguard card.
40 life, a la EDH.
All your land is in a separate stack.
At some point in the game, you can flip your vanguard card to creature side for a cost.
If your general dies, you lose half your health and they become a blank card.
Creatures can hunt tapped creatures, and combat is one attacker at a time.
Hearthstone-style secrets.

That's basically it. If you knew how to play mtg, you also now know how to play FoW.

My main gripe right now is ruler cards. So many of the cards in the game ask for specific other cards or types of cards, and when you look at the set of cards, they also tend to have a ruler in mind as well. It's like the game railroads you into a specific card list for anything tribal/synergistic you play. It'd be like in MTG if the sliver queen referenced like four specific sliver cards, and each of those referenced another sliver. You'd decide to build a sliver deck and think "Whelp, half the deck's decided, and obviously all those cards have prices locked into each other and higher than the average other card." I really hope they drift away from it.
>>
>>44049187
Needs to be reprinted in Modern.
>>
>>44053544
Blame it on the colossal post war inflation.

When a loft of bread cost ¥10,000 people tend to forget about smaller numbers
>>
>>44049187
cute game that got broken, then solved, then broken again. our LGS tried it for a month, by week 2 everyone was playing mirror matches, by week 4 we stopped playing because continuing the mirror matches meant spending $500 on one card.

I was not about that life.
>>
>flavor text has same font as rules text
Literally inexcusable
>hideous weebccg card formatting
>moeshit art

From a mechanical standpoint it seems better than most CCG, too bad it's japshit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.