[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what exactly makes a game, setting, or story "comfy"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1442795158737.jpg (23 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1442795158737.jpg
23 KB, 409x409
So, what exactly makes a game, setting, or story "comfy"?
>>
>>44044110
There has to be no pressure, and the setting is all-around endearing. It should be a place you yourself would want to go and relax peacefully at.
>>
>>44044553
Engine Hearts?
>>
>>44044628
Technically post-apocalypse, so that's debatable.
>>
>>44044645
the most comfy post-apocalypse setting i know, to be honest
>>
>>44044110
I find slice of life campaigns to be pretty comfy. No super big bbeg. Any villains can either be defeated in one or two sessions, or befriended. Most stories revolve around the daily business of the adventurers. Main storyline gets dictated by the players as we go through their own character arcs.

I think having a base of operations lends to the comfy levels a lot. You know, a place you can call home. It could be a flat that the characters all share, the wagon their sleep on their endless travels. Sleeping at the inn works for most campaigns, but as far as my preferences go the most comfy base is one you own.

Music is another good thing. Sitting around the fire playing uplifting songs puts everyone at ease. Be careful though, you don't want to distract your players.
>>
>>44044628
>>44044645
Just use the Golden Sky Stories mod.
>>
>>44044645
>>44044685

This is a whole genre here in Blighty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalyptic_and_post-apocalyptic_fiction#Cosy_catastrophe
>>
Stuff happening at your leisure and no pressure. Hobbies and crafting are comfy.
>>
>>44044834
>I think having a base of operations lends to the comfy levels a lot.
This can be a major factor, yes. Having something to truly call your own means you can make it your own. And when you have everything you like and can truly relax and call it home, THAT is when it becomes comfy. It's that sense of ownership.
>>
>>44044909
And then you can invite the NPCs that've helped you to join you and the party for a barbecue or fancy dinner.
A house is cozy, but a house full of warm food, happy music, and smiling friends is the coziest.
And wine! Barrels of wine!
>>
>>44044834
And endearing villain who becomes a friend is classic comfy territory.
>>
>>44044110
The pillows blankets ant hot chocolate.
>>
Main criterion is if you'd actually want to live there, as a normal person. Lorwyn is prime comfy material.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.