[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why dont 40k or AOS nurgle armies feature the plague doctor mask/look?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 13.jpg (139 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
139 KB, 360x500
Why dont 40k or AOS nurgle armies feature the plague doctor mask/look? i think it would look pretty baller for 40k cultist units to have them.
>>
>>44039727
Well, the plague doctor's mask is meant to prevent him from being exposed to any disease-causing miasmas. Would any real Nurgle cultist try to slow the spread of disease?
>>
>>44040013
We all know that GW doesn't bother with learning real history; they work with vague associations to make products.
>>
>>44040013
Because in this case it would be the futility of such an action or someone who tried to stop the spread but couldn't and fell anyway. Isn't one of Nurgle's domains "hopelessness and despair" or the salvation from?
>>
>>44040013
Isn't there a Nurgle force in 40k in which all the leaders are dressed in those sealed suits that you see biological teams wear from when they tried to stop a Nurgle related disease and instead got infected themselves?
>>
>>44040047
So are there Plague Doctors in the fantasy setting anywhere? If so maybe they could fall to Nurgle and then believe something like 'Nurgle's embrace is the only true cure' because he prevents death.

I'm fairly certain there aren't any in 40k so it just wouldn't make much sense in that setting.
>>
>>44040013
easy, you put viruses, bacteria, puss into the beak - now all you breath is disease! WOOO
>>
>>44040013
The same way gasmask should not be supposed to be associated with nurgle?
You are foolish
>>
>>44040334
Radical.
>>
>>44040013
The mask wasn't for preventing disease, it was to mask the smel of rotting flesh and feces.

They packed it full of herbs and spices to mask the horrific odor that is associated with extreme death, fluid and putrescence.
>>
>>44039727
Sounds like Lovedagger shit.
>>
>>44041015
Right but they did so because at the time it was though disease could spread via smell.
>>
>>44039727
Muh plague doctor mask
>>
>>44042572
Thought*

>>44043603
I don't think you get what the 'Muh x' meme is for.
>>
File: 40-34_MainExecutor.jpg (118 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
40-34_MainExecutor.jpg
118 KB, 780x439
>>44043603
Don't you talk shit about my waifu's apparel choices.
>>
>>44043603
yes, we like muh doctor because it is a not-abused trope and a lot of it can be done with it
>>
>>44044169
>it is a not-abused trope

Really? Because I'm completely sick of them and you see on anything that wants to look dark and edgy. They're boring now.
>>
File: 2smrt4u.jpg (76 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
2smrt4u.jpg
76 KB, 250x250
>>44040047
>we all know
>being this stupid

There are no rules for PDs in 40k because there are no models for them. There are none in AoS because it's, what, 3wks old? They're no geniuses down at HQ, but that's no reason you shouldn't try to suck less at life.
>>
>>44040266
I think you are talking about the Vile Savants.
>>
>>44040334
Mortarion, go to bed
>>
>>44040266
Think those area type of daemon

Still though, even in conversions it doesnt come up, gas masks yes, plague doctor masks no,
>>
>>44046863
yup thats them
>>
>>44039727
one of the current chaos cultist models have a birdmask
>>
>>44039727
Because it's a shitty aesthetic
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.