[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0387.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Rate my game
>>
>>44034536
Ameritrash/10
>>
>>44034536

You're the green player.

You've got a solid hold on North America, but South America is weak. Yellow could steam roll up north and fuck your noise.

Blue is definitely going to win, BTW.
>>
>>44034661
I normally don't choose America, I usually play asia/australia or africa depending on where people put the least units.
But yeah, blue won that game.
South america just got rammed when I took the picture, I actually was holding it before but he passed my defenses.
I beat him on the computer though (pass n play)
Today we tried the civil war map and while we were busy fighting north vs south we got beat up by the computer who had the western states hahah
>>
>>44034536

>Alaska, Asia and Australia getting cut off on the sides
>wacky technicolor dolphins, including a red one
>the font makes it look like there's an ocean named "Parker Brothers"
>colored circles that describe the continental bonuses take up way too much of the border and actually encroach on game territories

how shitty can one game board be
>>
>>44034924
Hey don't judge bro it's the only board we got.
Kamchatka doesn't connect to alaska though, right?
>>
Top Tier Continents: N America, S America*
Middle Tier Continents: Australia, Africa**
Bottom Tier Continents: Europe, Asia***

*N America is about twice as hard to get and 50% harder to hold than S America, but it's also worth 2 1/2 times as much, so it all evens out.

** In and of itself, Australia is far superior to Africa, which has very porous Northern borders, but there is no good place to expand. Africa can be used for a jumping off point for an invasion into S America, and is a good Eastern frontier for an empire centered in S America.

***Both Europe and Asia are nearly impossible to hold. Asia is worth a bit more, but it's also considerably harder to take in the first place. It's hard to value one against the other, though I'd normally prefer Asia, figuring if I'm going to be in the middle of a clusterfuck, I might as well go all in and hope to win big.
>>
>>44035173
Of course, I normally refuse to play with less than 4 people, so that might change the math a bit.

>>44034661
>Blue is definitely going to win, BTW.
Only if they're allowed to. Green has an opportunity to push his borders one territory forward, giving himself a buffer zone and depriving Blue of the opportunity to claim Asia or Europe. Yellow has a huge border with Blue, and only lets Blue have Asia or Europe if something goes horribly wrong.
>>
>>44034924
Gyargh, landlubber, I've sailed this mighty Parker Borthers Ocean since you before you were a swimmer in your mother's sack. She is a treacherous mistress, but a bountiful one.

Just sail clear of the wacky technicolor dolphins, they be dynamite.

Now tell the Indians to get back to swabbing the designated poop deck.
>>
>>44035173
I disagree with you.
America is middle tier because (in south america) you get sandwiched out of cards between an africa and NA that are trying to protect their borders, and north america is hard to defend against 3 players at once
Australia and africa are top tier, the go-to continents in the start of a game in my opinion are in the south hemisphere, with south america coming last.

Also, Asia is not really hard to hold if you station your troops in Ukraine/Middle east/Alaska unless there's many players then yeah, they will open and fuck up your borders unless you're playing italian (3 defense dice)

but in general the ukraine/middle east trick is good, you can also use it from the other side to hold europe and africa and have only 4 borders to defend

im going to sleep dont bother responding as i doubt the thread will still be up tomorrow morning
>>
>>44035470
>America is middle tier because (in south america) you get sandwiched out of cards between an africa and NA that are trying to protect their borders, and north america is hard to defend against 3 players at once
Anything is hard to defend against 3 players at once, but N America has exactly 3 territories to defend, each of which can only be reach from a single territory. While Africa has the same number of territories to defend, its western border can be attacked from S America and 2 European Territories, and its central northern border can be attacked from Europe and Asia. Also, if somebody punches 1 territory in Africa, unless that territory is Egypt, more than half of your remain territories are now fronts to the territory that was taken (in N America it's only 1/4 of the remaining territories in 2 out of 3 cases, and 3/8 in the remaining one). N America is more defensible, and its worth more.

>im going to sleep dont bother responding
You can't tell me what to do. You're not my real dad.
>>
>>44035319

Blue has one trait on that map that differentiates it from the opponents. They've got core settlements backed up, rather than just having the settlements with contact being backed up.

It's a simple tell, but it points out that the player expects counter attacks. In this photo they don't "have" most of Europe. They're just using it as bait to make their enemy overextend themselves.
>>
>>44036903
I am vaguely impressed that this level of strategy can be wrung from such a pleb-tier game.

It's like reading about high-level snakes and ladders play.
>>
>>44037109
Isn't it a very basic strategy? It gives you far more strategic mobility than just stacking your shit on a border.
>>
>>44034536
8/10

Looks too much like Risk. You're going to get sued.
>>
>>44037931
The fact that there are such things as core provinces surprises me. The fact that you can act in different ways if you expect different behaviour.
>>44037939
>giving Risk an 8/10
>>
>>44036903
Blue does have more the most armies on the board by a significant number, and that poses a real problem for somebody stupid enough to invade more than the fringes of Asia. But if they're smart, Yellow and Green will hold the fringes and not get near the horde of armies in southeastern Asia. Assuming they don't wear each other out fighting in S America, they will both grow at a quicker rate than Blue.

I will say that Yellow's position is potentially the most precarious on the board. Unless it goes next. If Green goes next, it's probably getting overrun and losing its Africa bonus for the next turn, unless it gets ignored. But it's a pretty tempting target. Blue wants Asia and why not go one territory further and wrest Africa from Yellow? Green wants S America, and why not go one territory further as well?

Still, if Blue goes next, it should probably get a foothold in N America, because if everybody is deprived of a continent bonus, it ends up winning on account of holding more territories and having more reserve troops in its heartland. Honestly, fortification of those heartland troops might be enough to give Blue the game. But if Green goes next, it can probably grab S America, get a toehold in Africa, and advance a space into both Europe and Asia.
>>
>>44034536
>Risk!
Also known as Dice!

Also known as Strategy? No!

Also known as the only game that's shittier than Monopoly.
>>
>>44038121
This. Risk barely qualifies as a game. It pains me deeply when filthy casuals invite me to play risk and joke about being nerds.
>>
>>44038121
Haha yeah right, Risk is fun
>>
>>44038121
>Also known as the only game that's shittier than Monopoly.
I'm not entirely sure if I agree with that. Both of them have very serious issues, yes - mostly in how a player can get knocked out and then needs to wait hours for the rest to finish, and how you can kind of see who's going to win a long time before the end.
Also, of course, Risk has a pretty damn unbalanced board while Monopoly has insane houserules that drag out an already long game to the point of ridicule.

But they still have some kind of strategy. It's not Snakes & Ladders - hell, it's not even Candyland.

I'm not sure what's shittier, though - games that actively make you have a bad time, or games that aren't games at all.

Then again, I like Diplomacy variants so I'm biased.
>>
Has anyone outside of US played this? Here we had a Monopoly variant which was like the first BIG board game I played. But I have never seen anything like Risk. I hear a lot about it on the internet but thats it
>>
>>44039181
>Risk is fun
This is scientifically, logically, emotionally and semantically impossible.
>>
>>44039426
It's just as big in the UK as it is in the US, at least.
>>
>>44034536
I'm not saying it would be fun, but there has to be a way to game the card system to raise the chance of victory above the level of a coin flip.
>>
>>44034536
Is the joke that you've laid out your board to match the territorial holdings of the major factions in Orwell's 1984?
>>
File: SEE THE RESEMBLANCE.png (558 KB, 2212x1123) Image search: [Google]
SEE THE RESEMBLANCE.png
558 KB, 2212x1123
>>44039587
Are you retarded?
>>
>>44039666
Oh dear, you used the fan map. I guess Satan really is the master of lies.
>>
>>44039713
Read the fucking book you mong.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.