[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In what situation, if there are any, is it reasonable to flip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 309x163
In what situation, if there are any, is it reasonable to flip a table, literally or metaphorically. I'm curious about your answers.
>>
You know those folding tables that have the hinges you need to mess with to get them to work?

Lot easier to flip the table and get them then it is to crawl under.
>>
When you're really angry and want to make a point.
>>
>>44030332

If the opponent is cheating and all the models are his.
>>
>>44030332
If it is covered in spiders
>>
When force is applied to a table, causing it to tip over.
>>
>>44030332
If you catch someone cheating at poker

If you're about to get into a physical fight with someone and they're sitting across the table

If its a bet to see if you can / see if you can flip a table further than someone else
>>
Likewise, you'll often need to flip a table to move it from one room to another.
>>
>>44030376
Property damage over cheating is not reasonable; just makes you both bad people.
>>
>>44030332

If it's on fire and flipping it will flip the on-fire part of it over, extinguishing it.

If there is a fire next to it and flipping the table onto it will extinguish the fire.

If the building is on fire and anarchy reigns supreme.

If you can make a profit off its purchase by cleaning it up and reselling it.
>>
>>44030411

Eat shit, purefag. You can fuck off back to Reddit if you want reasonable.
>>
>>44030435
Nice burying the lead
>>
>>44030332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUCUsNx1HTs
>>
>>44030332

People are having sex on it, and they didn't let you join.
>>
>>44030397
also, if you are accused of cheating at poker. you have to yell, in your best hillbilly voice, "CHEAT, CHEAT!?!? WHO YOU CALLIN' A CHEAT!!!!???" and then you flip the table and draw your six shooter

this is federal law you have to do it
>>
>>44030332
A guy in my group flipped a table over the party killing his character.

It ended up hitting one guy in the face.

Suffice to say, he is no longer in the group.
>>
>>44030451
What ever tumblrina
>>
>>44030332
Gun fight prep
Element of surprise
School fundraiser
Distraction
>>
>My friend like slammed the table as a joke overreaction during a game of cosmic encounter.
>Pieces everywhere.
>Cue cleanup. Can't find all the pieces
>Now missing a piece after 1st game ever.
>Forever slightly annoyed.

The answer is never. It is never okay because even as a joke it's a pain in the ass and like above can forever make a board game incomplete and requiring bottle caps/change to fill in for pieces
>>
>>44030451
There is nothing wrong with Reddit.
>>
File: Get a load of this grot.jpg (168 KB, 689x602) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this grot.jpg
168 KB, 689x602
>>44030734
>>
>>44030734
>>
>>44030332
A spider the size of a dinner platter suddenly falls on it.
>>
>>44030782
>>44030836
See >>44030734
>>
When you have every reason to suspect that there is a horde of angry midgets ninja'ing to the bottom of your table that very moment.
>>
Remember, when asking What Would Jesus Do, an acceptable answer is "Flipping tables, and whipping mother fuckers out of your dad's house"
>>
File: Laughing Fauns.jpg (107 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Fauns.jpg
107 KB, 800x533
>>44030879
>>
>>44031230
Blighting trees because they're not fruiting (even if it's out of season) is also a thing to do.
>>
>>44031230
>implying Yeshua is the son of God
>laughingJudeans.jpg
>>
>>44030332
You're lawful good and you flip the table to keep your comrades from committing evil.
>>
>>44031921

I'm gonna stick my spear up your ass so hard, you can pharisee it from your mouth
>>
>>44030879

Ah, I get it - you're saying something stupid to get replies because it's the weekend and you're bored.

Son, that be shitposting.
>>
>>44030332
When some bullshit happens and you get super pissed
>>
>>44031964
Yet your the ones who are just posting reaction faces. Face it you are the shit poster.
>>
File: Your.png (17 KB, 354x1082) Image search: [Google]
Your.png
17 KB, 354x1082
>>44032520
>>
>>44030332
When someone puts Eldar on said table.
>>
>>44032564
Proof
>>
One time a big chunk ceiling gave way and a ton of roaches fell with it. I flipped the table because it all was right in front of me and I panicked and wanted to get away.
>>
>>44030332
To provide cover in a firefight.
>>
>>44032627
you're a baby, roaches can't hurt you
>>
>>44031868
Apparently with fig trees, they fruit before the leaves appear.

That one had leaves, but no fruit.

You don't cockblock Jesus when he wants some figs.
>>
If there is a dangerous animal on or under the table and you think you can get rid of it by flipping the table, then it may be appropriate.
>>
>>44030332
>a friend of mine suggested that I attend a game with a guy he met at a not so F LGS
> half way through that game I had had enough of their greasy shit.
>I flipped the table with my right hand and drew left.
>it was the fastest and smoothest draw that I'll probably ever manage in my life.
>here's the thing: the fellow running the game was paving a full interstate towards his magical realm with the game and when I began to shout him and his group down, suggesting that maybe pedo shit was NOT in fact the first step to beating moralfagging, but a Shooting Offense.
>so, the very second that any of them decided to get implicationarly towards taking this to IRL, as had been implied by phrases like "pedo and ebowhatever are not the same thing", "it's natural to like that shit", "loli is only illegal because of moralfags" and such, I decided that it was time
>I was a broke-ass student, so the only even remotely CCable gun that I had was a Uberti SAA in .45
>I had it with five, on an empty chamber, in a shoulder rig under a jacket
>I flipped the table right handed
>drew left
>kicked up with my right foot to keep it flying
>drew the fastest that I ever have and probably ever will
>in maybe a second tops, I had the gun out, fanned the hammer back leftie
>the GM has a table atop him, and the rest of them are just sitting there
>tell them that any chris hansen shit will be followed up with a bullet
>awkwardly walk away, reholstering as I walk towards the front of the store
>four years later I turn on the TV and one of them has got LWOP for chomo shit and 100 gigs of chomo pizza
>eh, good enough

and that's the only time that I flipped a table
>>
>>44036490
God damn, its so sad that people feel the need to try to impress others on an anonymous board- so much so that they invent stories. Did your parents not say well done enough?
>>
>>44036490
Pulling a gun out of nowhere on a bunch of neckbeards and accomplishing nothing isn't even close to impressive. Are you proud of this m9
>>
>>44036490
I wasn't even able to follow this story.
>>
>>44036490
cool it with the pedophobia, moralfag
>>
>>44031868
Don't forget mind controlling a thousand dragons
>>
>>44030451
you seem like a That Guy I would never want to play anything with
>>
>>44036490
this sounds like you stole a story from a /k/ "self-defense stories" thread
>>
>>44030382
Human, please, go.
>>
>>44030332

Make good hip height cover in an active shootah event.
>>
>>44036490
I have no idea what the fuck you just said. English ain't your first language, is it?
>>
>>44030332
>once fell asleep on a tray while writing out my character sheet for a game the next day
>tray flips out under me

Most embarassing /tg/ moment of my life.
>>
File: pulphomersexual.jpg (89 KB, 440x500) Image search: [Google]
pulphomersexual.jpg
89 KB, 440x500
>>44032592
>Mfw I play Eldar
>Mfw I play aspect host, and take of every aspect because it's fun
We're not all dicks, you know.
>>
>>44030332
When you're playing tabletop simulator.
>>
File: mischievous-loli.jpg (26 KB, 241x301) Image search: [Google]
mischievous-loli.jpg
26 KB, 241x301
>>44036490
>chomo pizza
That's a new one.
>>
>>44030332
Losing a game of 40k, or in dire emergencies when someone is pointing out that the rules in your codex are different than what you "half-remembered" from two editions ago.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.