[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D: Dexterity makes you better at acrobatics Fallout: Agility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1440900925607.jpg (195 KB, 1000x574) Image search: [Google]
1440900925607.jpg
195 KB, 1000x574
D&D: Dexterity makes you better at acrobatics
Fallout: Agility makes you better at lock picking

>2015+almost 1
>not having both
>>
Let's divide strength into arm strength, leg strength, and torso strength while we're at it.
>>
There's no D in SPECIAL. Maybe you can work it into a new spread, RETARDS.
>>
>>44027799
>implying agility isn't leg and core strength anyway
>>
>>44027696
We literally had an entire fucking thread about dexterity and lockpicking just yesterday. If this isnt some stupid bait thread based on that, >>44028018 is the reason why.

In addition, Dexterity in D&D does enhance your lockpicking by a few points, since its the base stat for the lockpicking skill, as it covers reflexes, coordination and, of course, agility.

It's a broad stat, as all the stats are, covering multiple forms of dexterousness or agility.

Of course the morons on this board wouldn't know any of this shit since you fuckers dont actually play the fucking game but instead just make stupid shit posts and shit threads.
>>
>>44028262
Indeed
>>
I always use both. It's good for avoiding AGI to be way more important than all the other stats like it's in Fallout.
Also avoid that shit thing from other systems that makes one atribute define both your hit change and evade chance.

Hit Chance = PER + DEX
Evade Change = PER + AGI
>>
>>44028262
>Of course the morons on this board wouldn't know any of this shit since you fuckers dont actually play the fucking game but instead just make stupid shit posts and shit threads.

Confirmed for someone who doesn't play the game. You're just like those newfags who call other anons "newfag" just to fit in and look like oldfags.
>>
>>44028786
>one atribute define both your hit change and evade chance

Truly the worst.
>>
>>44029111
Id like to hear how that supposedly makes me a someone who doesnt play?

You really haven't noticed a rather large trend of morons who use D&D terminology and even reference the game without having any actual idea of how it really works?

Really?
>>
Everyone knows surgeons are ninjas.

I try to separate the two in homebrew, but it's often difficult and not worth the trouble, especially if your particular system puts enough emphasis on skills/skill points.
>>
My ideal breakdown is

>Strength
>Endurance/Constitution
>Coordination/Dexterity
>Agility
>Intelligence/Reasoning
>Intuition/Wisdom
>Charisma
>Will(power)

Intuition/Wisdom serves as the primary bonus to perception - effectively how well you use the senses you already have _ with notably good/bad senses represebted by additional bonuses/penalties where applicable. Charisma is personal charm and magnetism separate from personal looks; notably good or bad looks provide bonuses or penalties to that.
>>
>>44030394
Change wisdom to perception or awareness, because the word wisdom pretty much means intelligence and the only reason it's a separate stat in D&D is because it's a blanket term for perception and willpower combined. It just has an unfitting name.
>>
>>44027696
I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks so.
>>
>>44027696
Give a choice of three stats between them, I'm at least as likely to merge strength and fortitude and have dexterity and agility split as I am to do it the way D&D does.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.