[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wodg/ World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: Dalu.png (980 KB, 1438x854) Image search: [Google]
Dalu.png
980 KB, 1438x854
Most of the resources from the starting post are out of date or broken, so we should work together and make a new batch of resources. If you've got a house rule (1e, 2e, or even oWoD) feel free to share it. What do you do in your games to make things run smoother? Does anyone want to stat up some NPCs? Maybe some monsters? Do you have any homebrews to share? If anyone has advice on making a Chummer style sheet generator, that'd be super helpful.

Here's the images I use to start threads http://imgur.com/a/oerTd

I'm also currently working on updating Geist to 2e, since I can't wait another ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ two years. Feel free to make suggestions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SMgt9996QXnCahP_B6acce9_vZuj5myu_3RC7JYygpw/edit

Previous Thread:>>43991675
>>
So how about that Mage: The Lie? You all ready for the new setting that fuses elements of Ascension and Awakening?

We could make /v/ beleive anything about WoD, couldn't we?
>>
>>44021738
https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw

Finally have my shit sorted, this should be a substantial collection of WoD material if not everything.
>>
>>44022074
Fufufufu
>>
>>44020883
I got cockblocked by my connection earlier so I'll try now. From the official preview blog posts, which are what sold me (for who Mage1 fell flat) on Mage2:

>Mage is a game about secret knowledge and hubristic pride, about knowing too much, becoming separated from your peers by special insight into the incomprehensible forces and twisting occult conspiracies behind the World of Darkness. Mage is a game of power and hubris, of the temptation to allow your reach to exceed your grasp, of knowledge outpacing Wisdom. It’s a game about obsession, turning away from comfortable Sleep to chase the weird and the occult. It’s mages as Occult Detectives, confronting the supernatural of a gnostic world.
>It’s about being Addicted To Mysteries.
>>
Do Mage Orders beside the Silver Ladder and Guardians also regularly maintain associated cults like Crytopolies and Labyrinths?
>>
>>44023090
Not exactly. I'll try to explain.
The Adamantine Arrow are less group-control focused, and are much more into personal enlightenment, and thus make their uplifting of sleepers a personal business.
The Mysterium are the least sleeper-focused order, and their mysterious cult-structure mostly applies to the Awakened themselves.
Free Council is... complicated. Some Libertines run cults like that, but they have a lot of respect for sleepers, so they generally rather insert themselves into existing sleeper-groupings.

The Seers though, they totally have cults like that.
>>
>>44022683
Thanks, kind anon. A couple books I needed were in there.
>>
File: tangelonphia.jpg (46 KB, 393x541) Image search: [Google]
tangelonphia.jpg
46 KB, 393x541
Hey /tg/, me and some friends are trying to get into Vampire the Eternal Struggle.
Right now we are playing using LackyCCG, since our cards are currently in transit, since we bought them online

But we can't find ANYWHERE on the net that explains all the rules of the game. Is there somewhere/someone who has a rulebook or something?
>>
>>44024015
>Vampire the Eternal Struggle

4chan will not let me post the link to the rules.

Just search Google for "vampire the eternal struggle rules" and the full V:TES rules will appear in one of the first few links.
>>
>>44024015
Hmm.

http://vtes.pl/download has a rulebook that's marked Anarchs

I also found the attached PDF at boardgamegeek.net.

No idea how accurate they are though, but the PDF was taken from the long-time VEKN website that supported VtES.
>>
File: Constantine's Grave.png (2 MB, 900x1386) Image search: [Google]
Constantine's Grave.png
2 MB, 900x1386
Just awake between sleeping.

A lot of my ideas for Geist involve cribbing from other World of Darkness games, notably Werewolf. Some of my power ideas are even listed as "literally just the Vampire Discipline".

But as insight into my unpaid fan-update philosophy for this game: I think it's more important to have something playable that works to further the themes and feelings than it is to have something completely new.
>>
>>44022683
Any possibility of making a torrent?
>>
>>44024533
There's like 3 torrents this was made from. If you REALLY need it I can link you all 3 later. But literally just hit kickass torrents and you'll find all the torrents I compiled this mess from.

>>44023822
Vlad to help.
>>
>>44024853
Didn't know if this was more up to date than the already existing torrents or not.
>>
>>44024894
Nah, though you'll need a seperate torrent for some minor books like shadows of UK if you use some of the more recent ones.
>>
The intro post should have links to the development blogs for Mage, Promethean, etc.
>>
>>44025430
Because some of us here follow the LARP stuff (and we get people with questions passing through), linking to bynightstudios.com wouldn't be a bad idea either.
>>
You could also go ahead and link both OPP's website as well as the new White Wolf Publishing one even if it's just a splash page right now, it might be something more substantial in a week or so.
>>
>>44023152
>The Adamantine Arrow are less group-control focused, and are much more into personal enlightenment, and thus make their uplifting of sleepers a personal business.
>The Mysterium are the least sleeper-focused order, and their mysterious cult-structure mostly applies to the Awakened themselves.
>Free Council is... complicated. Some Libertines run cults like that, but they have a lot of respect for sleepers, so they generally rather insert themselves into existing sleeper-groupings.
>The Seers though, they totally have cults like that.

Is all that explicitly discussed anywhere in the books or by Dave, or is that just your sense of the Mage setting.
>>
>>44024532

The problem with that philosophy is that you assume "something new" and "something playable" are inherently two separate things. There's no problem with using what works from other games and placing it into a fan work, but I would ask that you take caution and know the difference between "I am putting this in because I feel like it fits with the game" and "I am putting this in because I don't know how to make the game more unique and this is the best I have".

If you see a chance for a new mechanic that could help enhance the themes of the game (dunno about feelings, I feel like that's ultimately the realm of the black box we call "the gaming table"), take it. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, but look at it this way: as a non-professional product, you have much more room to fail. Believe it or not, that's a comfort. The freedom to fail is a luxury that's hard to appreciate, but important all the same.

>>44025430
>>44025752
>>44025876

I'm thinking these should be our links:

-Onyx Path and the dev blogs
-The new White Wolf website
-By Night Studios
-Drive Thru RPG pages for both
-The shiny new MEGA we were given (much kudos)
-Dalines (yes it's aged but 2e isn't totally out yet and it's not too much of a hassle to work around for the current 2e games)
-Mr Gone's Sheets

I also have some further suggestions:

-Maybe some VtES resources
-One World by Night?
-The Camarilla too, maybe?
-If we can find some cool actual plays, this should be in there too
-Houserules! Definitely the ones for 1e, dunno if 2e has any yet.
>>
So, where's the nWoD 2 core book? Still at Paradox?
>>
File: Houserules.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Houserules.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44026622
>you assume "something new" and "something playable" are inherently two separate things.
No I don't. It's not an "either/or" thing, it's a priority thing.

I mean, I feel like I've got new ideas as is, it's just that instead of fretting about being completely unique I'm going with what works. I was beating myself up over being unable to figure out how to handle Synergy without using Harmony-for-ghosts, but I realized that isn't actually a problem. Although I will repeat myself: I think that it's best to have SOMETHING instead of the nothing that Geist had in a lot of places.

>-If we can find some cool actual plays, this should be in there too
We need to make some.
>-Houserules! Definitely the ones for 1e, dunno if 2e has any yet.
I've got plenty, file related.
>>
>>44026684
It is indeed
>>
>>44026616
It's a summary of their books. So technically just my Mage-sense.
>>
>>44026622
I wouldn't worry about including links to OWbN or the MES. Links to BNS' site and a note that old LARP stuff is through OPP and new LARP stuff is through BNS should be fine.
>>
>>44026684

Still at Paradox. My bet is that we don't see nWoD 2e core until after White Wolf's back from the game con in Germany they're going to on the weekend of the 12th.
>>
>>44026752

I don't think we need to make some, at least not now. The DaveB APs should be fine for now, and people can build on that later.
>>
>tfw want to run a WoD game but can't decide which
>>
>>44027989
Beast, that way you can play all of them.
>>
Right, made some good progress on my Gifts/Facets design article this weekend. The main stumbling block was that I wanted to give a sample each of a new Moon, Shadow and Wolf Gift which meant actually, well, designing a new one of each to use as the example, so I ended up banging my head for a while against the new Moon Gift in particular.

So the Gift design article will obviously talk about Gift design and some of the broad guidelines, as well as providing the Screaming Moon's Gift, City Gift and Essence Gift as unofficial new Gifts if Stew OKs it all. If it's a success I'll do a Rites design article as well afterwards.
>>
>>44023090

Every Order has members that maintain cults, they just don't have a mandate to form them. Thearchs and Guardians have to do these things as a part of their duties, but a Mystagogue might make a cult purely as an information network, or to attract people manifesting a condition they're curious about, or what have you. Arrow cults might be a way to disseminate ideas and build a martial society in the Mage's image. Libertines often draw their symbolism from Sleeper beliefs, so it'd actually be weird for them not to take an interest or even active role in them.
>>
>>44028216
Screaming Moon? I think I missed that in my Lunar calendar.
>>
>>44028301
It should be (if my design works out) a new Cahalith Gift focusing on madness and fear. Driving people insane then making them dance like puppets for you during their fugues, that sort of thing.
>>
>>44028056

>Run Beast
>Encourage Crossover characters
>Ban Beast characters
>????
>Profit!
>>
>>44028513
Is this like the alternate Court Contracts from Winter Masques? Punishing Summer and Verdant Spring and all that?
>>
>>44028575
Sort of.

We've always intended to have multiple Moon Gifts per Auspice for Forsaken; it's why the Moon Gift rules were futureproofed for it despite there only being one per Auspice in the corebook.

Had I been able to make the space in the core, I'd have put two Moon Gifts per Auspice in from the beginning. Sadly I had half the wordcount for Gifts that the 1e corebook had and even my best efforts 'only' got a full, 2e updated Gift set of the 1e corebook's Gifts into that space. If I'd had the extra wordcount my first expenditure would have been on the extra set of Moon Gifts, then getting the Pure Gifts into the core if I'd had the space, if not/if I had ever more space then my next priorities were getting City, Sea and Sun Gifts in.
>>
>>44028682
But of course you can't confirm or deny that any of those will be in The Pack, correct?
>>
>>44028301
>>44028513

Everyone knows about the Screaming Moon. You see it every April 30...

>>44028682

When will we see the Pure Gifts (and favored prey, etc.)?
>>
>>44028300

I would love to see a cult system in Mage similar to the one in Mummy (particularly if included in a Sleepwalker / Proximi supplement). It would be perfect for the Silver Ladder, Guardians, and Seers.
>>
>>44030006

That WOULD be nice. I've considered trying to just use the Mummy system, but it doesn't really work so well for Mage's relatively smaller, conspiracy-based networks.
>>
>>44030107

Maybe Reach and Grasp could be condensed into one rating, with a penalty applied when you try to have your cult do unsavory things?
>>
>>44031027

Isn't one of the primary reasons for running a cult is so that they can do unsavory things for you?

If you want "savory" things done, hire employees, not cultists.
>>
>>44031027

I guess a part of it for me is that Mummy cults seem to be global in expanse, whereas Mage cults are all typically rather local.
>>
>>44031158

Maybe shift the Cult types to something that'd fit in a more local setting? Instead of Tribal, Conspiracy, and Enterprise, something like Tradition(an unofficial grouping that helps make up the local color), Organized (something mafia-like, with connections to politics), and Small Business (the obvious).
>>
So is there a nwod equivalent for sorcerer?
>>
>>44031374
Proximi or some such.
>>
>>44031374

In first edition nWOD, they would be Thaumaturges from the book Second Sight.
>>
>>44031374
There's similar enough stuff in Second Sight, Thaumaturges.
>>
>>44028682
Sun Gifts? While I realize the big glowy guy doesn't have minute control over his court, that court hates the forsaken, yeah? So getting sun gifts must be mad respect or grudging gifts.
>>
>>44031325

In Mage 2e, the Orders are already cults with sleepers and sleepwalkers.

I would suggest permitting cult-like influence for mages with another "influence-type" merit that is limited by a mage's max dots in Order Status. This secondary merit could just be a much simplified version of the reach and grasp access, maybe with a drawback that the mage sometimes has to do mage-y things for the cult to maintain loyalty like healing the sick children of cultists or influencing business or political deals, or more mundane oversight like bailing cultists out of jail and hiring them a lawyer.
>>
I'm just getting into Person of Interest, fuck this is getting me in the mood for Demon.
>>
Any examples of some good Changeling the Lost actual plays out there?
>>
>>44032050
Watching it right now. I second your notion.
>>
>>44032050

Harold Finch: Analyst Inquisitor?
>>
>>44032556
Trying to decide if John is a Guardian or Destroyer.
>>
>>44033099

Antinomian Destroyer, maybe? That might be a bit of a stretch, but it could work.
>>
>>44033119
Yeah, their examples of Antinomian Destroyers were more on the pacifist side, which isn't Reese at all, but he is basically a trained killer that's chosen to save people now. (I'm only in the first season, if it comes to light he's always been trying to help people I don't know that yet.)
>>
>>44031783

Orders are cults, but those cults are made up of a thousand local Caucuses, and those Caucuses are in turn made up of dozens of Awakened spread across a wide area. Their hierarchies are often just as local and just as spread out.

The Sleepers and Sleepwalkers who make up the cults of the Awakened don't all know the truth of what's going on behind the scenes, especially not Guardian cults. The Cryptopolies of the Ladder might work together in a given region, but there's still a nested hierarchy where only those at the top truly know the full way of things. Most people nominally under the sway of the Orders - the vast majority of them, I imagine - don't know the meaning of any words like Mysterium or Silver Ladder or what have you.

>>44031325

Eeeh, that part's easy. It's more that the power scale doesn't mesh well, is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>44034062

The power scale's mostly fluff, so I can't see why you wouldn't just use the regular mechanic while redefining the dot levels to be of a smaller scale. Using your cult dots to represent levels in Allies, Resources, and Contacts on the fly might be a bit much even with a minus one penalty, but you could deal with that by having it so that the levels of the Merits you get are half of your Cult dots, to a minimum of 2 or something like that.
>>
>>44034637

At that point, you might as well just by Allies (Cult).
>>
>>44035903

That certainly would be minimally acceptable, but very bland in light of the emphasis on cults in Mage. Allies (Cryptopoly) or Allies (Labyrinth) makes cryptopolies and labyrinths no different from generic mystery cults.
>>
>>44035980
Given how Vampires had plenty of specific Merits to highlight a covenant's social and political side, I would be surprised if we don't get stuff like "Minotaur" and "Cryptopoly Manager" and stuff like that.
>>
>>44035980

I don't disagree. I just don't think you can quite get what Mage would need by straight-importing the Cult merit.

Maybe something representing the spider-web-like nature of Mage cults? I'd rather enjoy including a feature that represents exposing their conspiracy through their actions; a risk that some Fox Mulder type lunatic gets a glimpse behind the veil or some such.
>>
So im not sure if this should go here but, I'm playing a vtm larp game as a ventrue and I'm still kinda of inexperienced with the WoD in general and how to ventrue, I was playing a tabletop game with my nerd group as said clan but the ST is too add to ever finish a campaign and so naturally I still don't know how to venture so I was wondering if anyone here has the patience to maybe do a tablet friendly session with me and show me how to ventrue not terribly
>>
>>44036657
>I'm still kinda of inexperienced with the WoD in general and how to ventrue
Watch James Bond
Be the villain

Alternately, Purple Man from Jessica Jones
>>
>>44036166
>I would be surprised if we don't get stuff like "Minotaur" and "Cryptopoly Manager" and stuff like that.

Sounds good, although I doubt those types of merits would be in the new corebook, We can hope such merits make it into Signs of Sorcery or Tome of the Pentacle.
>>
File: V20 Dark Ages.jpg (1 MB, 2553x1091) Image search: [Google]
V20 Dark Ages.jpg
1 MB, 2553x1091
My bro is talking a lot of shit, saying Clan Gangrel doesn't make the best waifus. Is he a dumb motherfucker? Am I dumb motherfucker?

Which clan or bloodline in the cWoD makes the best waifu, teeg?

>http://strawpoll.me/6201512
>>
>>44031770
I don't think Helios's brood hate the Uratha in particular. It might be that it and Luna don't get on very well, but I'm also uncertain of that
>>
This Geist thing is now up to 19 pages and only one person's actually made a comment on it.

Also, people keep reading over it and jumping their cursors around and it's really distracting. Come on, make a comment! Do you like the powers, or what? I just finished them.
>>
File: World of Darkness General.png (4 MB, 1875x1740) Image search: [Google]
World of Darkness General.png
4 MB, 1875x1740
>>44037436
Don't know nothing about ghosts, homie
>>
>>44037436
I don't think there is much of a point. Not when every fourth post seems to be whining about your lack of motivation/inspiration.
>>
>>44037383
Nah, Helios loves Luna like a sister, and I'm pretty sure he was friends with Father Wolf as well. So Werewolves killed his friend and made his sister sad.
>>
File: Absolutely Halal 2.jpg (14 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Halal 2.jpg
14 KB, 255x255
>>44037283
>Assamite waifus
>>
>>44037612
>every fourth post seems to be whining about your lack of motivation/inspiration.
Bitch I've written twenty pages now. Saying "what mechanically is the difference between Caul and Shroud" isn't whining about lack of motivation.

>>44037585
C'est la vie. Any thoughts on whether things are cool/fun looking?
>>
>>44037436

I don't feel like attach my name and Google account to it, and I'm far too lazy to make a dummy account for my home computer. I'll take a look at it if I get on a library computer or something.
>>
>>44037236

Rather than lots of different ones that all do the same thing, we have a single "Mystery Cult Influence" Merit for the budding crypotopoly-managers and minotaurs in your game.
>>
>>44033330
When I was originally raving about Person of Interest to the rest of Demon's design team, we didn't have Analysts.

To my brain-thoughts:

Finch is a Integrator Pyschopomp
Reese is a Saboteur Destroyer
Shaw is a Saboteur (antimonian) Guardian
Root is an Integrator Messenger
>>
>>44038153
Who do I need to blow/eat out in order to get Eagle Eye added to the watching list for Demon2e? It feels like the classic GM MO, at least until it leads them to it.
>>
>>44038295
Demon is unlikely to get a "2e" version since it's already 2e.
>>
File: Average Beast Fan.png (25 KB, 701x319) Image search: [Google]
Average Beast Fan.png
25 KB, 701x319
>>
File: 1417553958018.png (10 KB, 139x188) Image search: [Google]
1417553958018.png
10 KB, 139x188
>>44038476
Sometimes I really feel like humanity just needs a good old fashioned culling. Massive population reduction. Starting with people like that.
>>
>>44038499
Let's kill the criminals, terrorists, theocrats, etc. first. I understand that you dislike people like this, but I'd put the priority on people who want to impose their will on others. So unless he's running around saying everyone should think like him, and has a political lobby group to make it happen, I'd let him off the hook.
>>
>>44029903
>But of course you can't confirm or deny that any of those will be in The Pack, correct?

I wouldn't hold out your hopes for new Gifts in The Pack.

>>44029954
>When will we see the Pure Gifts (and favored prey, etc.)?

There will be some more info on the Pure coming out before too long but I don't know when they'll get a full treatment and their Gifts done.

>>44031770
>Sun Gifts? While I realize the big glowy guy doesn't have minute control over his court, that court hates the forsaken, yeah? So getting sun gifts must be mad respect or grudging gifts.

Or targeting an appropriate spirit with the Sacred Hunt.
>>
File: Free Council Blank Badge motto.jpg (89 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
Free Council Blank Badge motto.jpg
89 KB, 500x330
>>
Do you think it's worth putting together a complex map of a school for my game?

Part of my thinks it'll be neat since the whole game will take place there and a coherent map would be pretty sick and the players could explore it as the game goes on, the other half of me is saying it limits what I can do on the fly.
>>
>>44039267
If it is really such a central place, sure. Although you might want to make it easier on yourself by copying an existing one. Either find an appropriate one of a real school on the internet or from a video game (Silent Hill 1 comes to mind).
>>
>>44038137

Neat. How customizable is it? Can you rejigger it to fit different themes, etc?
>>
>>44038499
>>44038544

>SeersAndAtlanteans.txt
>>
>>44039267
I'd say have your cake and eat it too. Make a map with general areas outlined, like "Xth grade classrooms here" and specific places whose locations you know/set from the start like the gym or whatever and leave some of the in-between areas, exact layouts/room order, and the like vague enough you can fill in details on the fly when the need arises.
>>
File: Midwich Elementary.png (1 MB, 1280x1005) Image search: [Google]
Midwich Elementary.png
1 MB, 1280x1005
>>44039267
Better to have the plans.

>>44039610
Midwich is a pretty tiny school. I'd just search "School floorplan".

>>44039791
It's in the GMC dude. Mechanically it's one of those "you get more than you pay for" merits, so it's pretty great if you can stand being part of a weirdo cult.

>[ 1 - 5 ] Mystery Cult Initiation ( God-Machine Chronicles -- Page 168 )

>Cults are far more common than the people of the World of Darkness would like to admit. Mystery cult is the catch-all term for a phenomenon ranging from secret societies couched in fraternity houses and scholarly cabals studying the magic of classical symbolism to mystical suicide cults to the God Machine.

>Mystery Cult Initiation reflects membership in one of these esoteric groups. The dot rating dictates standing. One dot is an initiate, two a respected member, three a priest or organizer, four a decision-making leader, five is a high priest or founder. If you wish your character to begin play in a cult, work with your Storyteller to develop the details.

>Designing a Mystery Cult requires three things, at bare minimum. First is a Purpose. This is the defining reason the cult exists. Usually, it's tied in with the cult's history and recent background. Second is a Relic. This is an item that grounds members' faith. For example, a piece of the God-Machine, an ancient text bound in human flesh, or the mummified flesh of a saint. The last is a Doctrine. Every cult is defined by its rules and traditions.

>In addition to standing, a Mystery Cult Initiation Merit offers benefits at each level of influence. Develop these as well. The following are guidelines; use them to craft your own cults:

>(1) A Skill Specialty or one-dot Merit pertaining to the lessons taught to initiates.

>(2) A one-dot Merit.

>(3) A Skill dot or a two-dot Merit (often a supernatural Merit).

>(4) A three-dot Merit, often supernatural in origin.

>(5) A three-dot Merit or a major advantage not reflected in game traits.
>>
>>44039830

That's Mystery Cult Initiation, not Mystery Cult Influence.
>>
>>44039830
I thought the Midwich children were taught in a barn by their grandfather.
>>
>>44039885
I assume it was a typo.
>>
>>44038314

Man, nWoD Third Edition is going to be such a clusterfuck, with three games technically having a second edtion, potentially more.
>>
>>44039927

Well, we were talking specifically about merits like Allies and the Mummy Cult one, and if there was something similar in the pipe for Mages, so I doubt it was.
>>
>>44039927
Why would it be? Mystery Cult Initiation represents being part of a cult. The merit being discussed would represent running a cult behind the scenes. Different things.
>>
>>44039950
I imagine they'll just call Demon, Beast, and Deviant's 3e versions(if we get a 3e even), the third edition.

Because it's easier to stick with the 3e thing so people know it goes with the 3e rulebook than to call it 2e so people know it's the second version of that splat's rules. Because, really, nobody's gonna give a fuck how many versions have come before, just what version of the rules it uses.
>>
>>44039986

Good point. Plus we can make jokes about the "lost" editions of Demon, Beast, and Deviant.
>>
>>44039986
Well, 3e is going to come sooner than you might think. I mean the One World of Darkness will literally be that.
>>
>>44040264
Would you please stop sprouting this bullshit?
We have 0 idea what it means.
>>
File: 1381219465458.gif (304 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1381219465458.gif
304 KB, 360x270
>>44040344
u mad?
>>
>>44037651
He wasn't friends with Urfarah, he was just pissed that the Uratha killed his dear sister/brother's lover and declared them his eternal enemies. and when Helios decides on something he doesn't change his mind. ever.
>>
>>44040344
It means they'll just make one book. No splats.

On the real side, I'm hoping nWoD keeps on its way, the way it's going. I have to about that the whole one world of darkness dies sound a little ominous to me. I'm trying to just have faith.
>>
>>44040264

I can't imagine an potential One World of Darkness being deployed so quickly if presented as an edition. If such a thing were to happen, it have to be a separate line with its hook being that it's the transmedia WoD. Even the most hardcore fanboys for one of the lines should know that slimming things down so quickly is a bad idea.

Either way, we've got less than a week until we know for sure.
>>
>>44040518
Oh? Word of 2e getting out of approval?
>>
>>44040594
I assume anon refers to that convention in Germany some Paradox folks are going to, where there's supposed to be announcements.
>>
>>44040604

Yep! Tenebrae Noctis, the European WoD convention: http://www.ulisses-crowdfunding.de/crowdfunding-29.html

It looks like every member of Paradox White Wolf is coming, along with By Night Studios. Justin Achilli and Mark Rein●Hagen are also appearing. There's an English translation in the italics in the page, if you want an idea of what's going to happen there. Rich said in the last Monday Morning Meeting notes that part of the OPP/White Wolf talks were about what is to be revealed at the con.

It also looks like someone at the con is running an nWoD/oWoD crossover using all the rulesets at once. That's something all right.
>>
>>44040930
>using all the rulesets at once
How.
>>
>>44040930
>Kerpen
>Nordrhein-Westfalen
Of course it can't be somewhere I could actually reasonably go to on a whim. Oh well.
>>
>>44040952

>World of Darkness MPA

>For the future, Paradox has already announced “One World of Darkness”. We want to make that true beforehand by organizing a multi parallel adventure with different systems of the Word of Darkness combined in one thrilling pen & paper session. Several gaming sessions will run parallel and their actions will influence each other. You might meet other groups of PCs, maybe players will swap groups, but whatever happens: It´s going to be very exciting!

>Details about content and pre-registration will follow soon.

Looks like it's a super session with multiple groups at multiple tables.
>>
>>44041048
Oh. That's easier to handle. Although I have to wonder what happens if someone swaps groups...
>>
File: gay snake.jpg (75 KB, 1280x988) Image search: [Google]
gay snake.jpg
75 KB, 1280x988
>>44041048

Sounds gay
>>
>>44041082
>Although I have to wonder what happens if someone swaps groups...
What do you /think/ Vampires do to traitors?
>>44041048
>>44040930
>>44040952
Feels like this'll be the start of a new sorta "meta plot lite" the way Games Workshop does at times.
>>
>>44041204
That game being run isn't an official thing.

Also, what metaplot lite GW?

Isn't "metaplot lite" how nWoD works?
>>
>Tenebrae Noctis will take place on Saturday, December 12th 2015 at Kommandeursburg castle in Kerpen.

>That’s right! We’ll have a whole castle just for ourselves! From 10am to 5am the following morning, all the place is ours. We will cast deep shadows over it and allow the horrors of the World of Darkness to take over!

Someone's going to be murdered at this thing, aren't they. This is a bad USA Network mystery series episode waiting to happen.
>>
>>44041240
>Isn't "metaplot lite" how nWoD works?
Well yes kinda. I'm not buying the EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ROLLED BACK TO cWoD narrative.
>Also, what metaplot lite GW?
In the sense that isolated events change without the overall setting changing too much.

For example, if the Demon faction wins something TFV will henceforth be an Unchained, rather than a Kindred lackey.
Which by the way makes more sense IMHO.
>That game being run isn't an official thing.
Never mind then.
>>44041278
>>Someone's going to be murdered at this thing, aren't they.
Let's put it that way. If Hagen ends up ritually eating Rich I'll be terrified but completely unsurprised.
>>
>>44041278
>Someone's going to be murdered at this thing, aren't they. This is a bad USA Network mystery series episode waiting to happen.
I know right, you could actually have it as the set up for a game.
>>
>>44041278

It's not a LARP until someone gets killed
>>
>>44041332
>If Hagen ends up ritually eating Rich I'll be terrified but completely unsurprised.
I find the idea of someone Diablerizing a member of the dev team hilarious.
>>
>>44041343
inb4 that's the setup for the megagame.
Games within games.
>>
>>44041240

nWoD isn't "metaplot lite" as much as it is "Year Zero". The games present a situation where the game begins when you, the player, opens the book. All the setting does is explain how we got to this point. Occasionally the setting updates, but that's less to create a story and more to make sure that the gap between now and the game's Year Zero isn't as deep.
>>
>>44041359
>>44041332
Why would he diablerize his Childer though?
>>
>>44041388
Why not? The opener for a session based on this is when every con-goer who sees the Diablerie realizes it is NOT an act, then the panic starts.
>>
>>44041332

Luckily Rich and the OPP team aren't showing up, so no diablerie...for now. Also I just realised that MRH is going to be given time to sell what he's working on to the con. The legend of Mark ReinCardHagen lives!
>>
>>44041332
>Which by the way makes more sense IMHO.
Cheiron being run by aliens is the best.

Also, yeah, that'd be cool. I don't mind having fiction characters, and I'd love characters in World of Darkness where we can enjoy THEIR stories and chronicles, especially if they either a) don't involve world ending events that players have no hand in, or b) there are so many world ending events that it's frankly amazing the World of Darkness hasn't been destroyed.

Like, I want WoD novelizations that are basically Actual Plays.

>>44041278
>This is a bad USA Network mystery series episode waiting to happen.
"Here's what happened..."
What splat is Monk? Shawn Spencer? Eliot Stabler? ... Gibs?
>>
>>44041476
>... Gibs?
He's a Splat all his own.
>>
>>44041476

That wad the original plan for nWoD. The continuing story was going to be about the Signature Characters and only be relegated to short stories and novels. Then the publishing industry had a mild collapse.

Also they're all Mortals with various Conditions and advantages. That is, except Gibbs, whose a fucking Demon.
>>
>>44041519
>That is, except Gibbs, whose a fucking Demon.
Explains why he's able to pop up behind Dinozzo at just the right moment to thwap him one for being an idiot.
>>
>>44041519
>That wad the original plan for nWoD. The continuing story was going to be about the Signature Characters and only be relegated to short stories and novels.
That's actually really fucking cool. All the continuous narrative without the drudgery of OMG BIG EVENT LOL followed by the same six months after.
>>44041476
>Like, I want WoD novelizations that are basically Actual Plays.
Hell. Yes.
>a) don't involve world ending events that players have no hand in, or b) there are so many world ending events that it's frankly amazing the World of Darkness hasn't been destroyed.
These, yes. I also enjoy the 40kRPG/Delta Green approach of containing potentially world-ending threats a couple steps before they ever lift off.

Yes, this object COULD swallow the whole world. No, we're not making a JRPG quest outta it, go shoot the bastards and report back to base. That kind of thing.

Or, in other words, sometimes high stakes are fun without having to make everything into a massive bossfight.
>Cheiron being run by aliens is the best.
I'll just use this opportunity to reiterate that Cheiron's not even half as cool as they by all rights deserve to be.

Also, on a very tangentially related note: Whom would a Freehold contact upon discovering something that's not Fae is picking them off one by one?

Yes, butthurt Scelesti
>>
>>44041663

It's too bad it never happened. The nWoD fiction was pretty decent, with Greg Stolze's Vampire novels being the best. I haven't read Strangeness in the Proportion or The Silent Knife, though.

Also not even kidding, since this is straight up their job: the Freehold probably calls in a Beast and their brood. Though if you don't want crossover, they probably contact another Freehold in the city, and in a other state/country via the Hedge if things get really bad or they're very isolated.
>>
>>44040930
>Tenebrae Noctis
Is that grammatically correct? It doesn't sound right... Then again I dropped out of Latin after a year so what do I know
>>
>>44041663
>I'll just use this opportunity to reiterate that Cheiron's not even half as cool as they by all rights deserve to be.
In what way?

>>44041748
Isn't that like... "shadow night"? Night's Shadow?
>>
>>44041740
>>44041663
Speaking of Freeholds, I never quite managed to get a hold of "sensible" Changeling numbers.

I mean, unlike any splat that's not Sin-Eaters or Innocents (does anyone actually play that or is the market completely cornered by Little Fears and MAOCT?) there isn't really a limit after which they'd take food/security/maneuvering space/just plain territory away from each other.

This means the limit is purely in how many Changelings ARE made each year, not how many a city can support, which logically shouldn't really be an issue.
>>
>>44041866

Given that it's implied that Changeling populations only spike every century, it's probaby very small. Lords of Summer, I believe, straight up says that the population numbers are "don't worry about it".
>>
>>44028561
Did /tg/ just fix Beast?
>>
>>44039986
How about revised? It hasvworked before.
>>
>>44038137
>we have a single "Mystery Cult Influence" Merit for the budding crypotopoly-managers and minotaurs in your game

Will the merit be available to all mages, or just to members of the Silver Ladder and Guardians? Will there be any prereqs like Order Status?
>>
>>44042245
It gets shit done.
>>
>>44026684
Is there anything particularly interesting in 2e?
>>
>>44044396

The new nWOD corebook will contain a generic monster/antagonist creation system.
>>
>>44044396

It's never coming out, that's the interesting part
>>
>>44039830
Shit son, that looks really nice. What're you using to make the map?
>>
>>44044653
Nevermind, I'm a retard please rape my face with a saw
>>
>>44044603

I think we might see the new corebook before Christmas. I surmise that Paradox will finally approve the book after the event in Germany over the weekend.

Mage 2e, on the other hand will be a long time coming. OP is still waiting on art, and then it still requires layout, final editing, and then Paradox approval. Memorial Day 2016?
>>
>>44044426
That's a bit lackluster but also good news. I'll just continue with the first edition.

>>44044603
el oh el
>>
File: Slasher.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Slasher.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>44044676
Okay then
>>
>>44044722
That's not lackluster, it's great.
Especially compared to the previous corebook, which had "ghosts" and "crazy people". Anything else and you'd have to make it up yourself.
>>
Anyone got any PDFs of scenarios or session plans? I'm running an investigation based session and I'm really struggling with putting it together. Looking for ideas/inspiration.
>>
>>44044814
Well yeah but... I mean, I guess it's good that they provide proper guidelines now but it's not like it was difficult to make monsters and shit to begin with.
>>
>>44044739
SAW, not motörshaw!
>>
>>44044856
What gameline?
>>
>Mummy
>>
>>44044928
Chainsaws are more hilarious.
>>
>>44044908
Eh. If you had ONLY the corebook? Yeah, it would have been pretty hard to make monsters. You'd have to basically make up any powers or rules they use.
>>
>>44021738
>If anyone has advice on making a Chummer style sheet generator, that'd be super helpful.
Would it be as useful for both WoD as it is for Shadowrun ? You're already limited to your splat by creation, as opposed to SR's creation.
>>
>>44044964
Mortals, although anything supernatural is fine, I can always tweak stuff.
>>
>>44045483

WoD splats have a surprising amount of content in them, sometimes even obscured content. If nothing else, it'll.kae things easier.
>>
>>44041278
>>44041476
What would Neil Caffrey's stats be?
>>
Mage Art is in. Mage is now in the hands of Paradox, this can not possibly go wrong.
>>
>>44046567
It's still listed under art direction though, so I guess it's approval on the art or something rather than on the whole product? It would seem weird for it to skip layout entirely.
>>
>>44046697

Pretty much certainly, yeah. That said, they've definitely had the art long enough.
>>
im playing VTMB and its a load of fun.. is VTM anything like this?

also, whats the typical VTM game like? is it more politicing than action?
>>
>>44046859
>also, whats the typical VTM game like?

Twilight, except everyone speaks like they're in a low budget shakespeare-esque play
>>
>>44046567
>>44046697
>>44046740

It does look like only the art is at Paradox for approval. The book will still need layout, final editing and development from Dave, and then ultimate Paradox approval, which if the nWOD core is indicative, is now a long process. I will not hold my breadth waiting for the book.

I also noticed that Changeling 2e is still in redlines, Hurt Locker still in development, and David Hill hasn't even posted on the OPP forums since around October, despite previously being a regular poster. Is DavidH sick or something?
>>
>>44044908
>>44044722
It's primarily interesting for Mortals, HtV, Innocents and Mage. The rest can get by just fine without it but these four basically require you to make it /weird/.
>>44045483
>Would it be as useful for both WoD as it is for Shadowrun ? You're already limited to your splat by creation, as opposed to SR's creation.
Demon's got a lot of moving parts; There is your starting cover, your embeds/exploits/Cipher, demon form and alt covers. Mortals/Hunters have an increasingly high amount of powers and gear as well.
>>44037436
>>44037691
Right, going to make a throwaway if you want.
>>
>>44046859

Y'know Orwell's description of the future? It's that, but with more eyeliner.
>>
>>44046932

Hurt Locker can't come out until 2e core's out, and Changeling had a change in writers a while ago.
>>
>>44046932
nWoD2 is literally their first approval, so I imagine it's liable to go a little faster with subsequent things, but no, it probably won't be out by Christmas or the like.
>>
>>44046859
Assholes with superpowers, usually.

No matter how deep a concept VTM starts with, it usually comes down to assholes with superpowers.
>>
>>44041332
>I'm not buying the EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ROLLED BACK TO cWoD narrative.
They've talked about "moving forward with both Worlds of Darknesses" (in gramatically-incorrect double-plural, just to be extra clear) a few times since the acquisition announcement, so no, the "everything is going to be cWoD" thing seems to not be happening.
>>
>>44047732

At this point, I'm expecting their "One World of Darkness" to just be a forum or something.
>>
>>44046567
Not until mike builds the pdf, I comment it, and then mike changes it. I have to do the dance of page XX.
>>
>>44047843
>Not until mike builds the pdf, I comment it, and then mike changes it. I have to do the dance of page XX.
Has Paradox talked to any of the freelancers at all so far? inb4 no and really I hope they don't
>>
>>44047843

So, is the art just at Paradox for approval?

Also, am I the only one who believes the fact that a company called "Paradox" must approve Mage 2e to be more than a little ironic?

Hopefully, the Paradox reviewer doesn't see the book, suffer an identity crisis, and then forget the book even exists.
>>
>>44047843
Reality is a cruel and cold place
>>
>>44047994

>Paradox
>Mage

Yes, that joke has been made since the day the rights were acquired. It's getting old at this point. Let's not drive ourselves into an abyss of bad puns.
>>
>>44047994
>Also, am I the only one who believes the fact that a company called "Paradox" must approve Mage 2e to be more than a little ironic?
xDDDD EBIN
No really this is so fucking played out. Go away.
>>44048040
Is Mind 3/Spirit 2 enough to force a meme indefinitely?
>>
>>44048197

Why would you need Spirit at all?
>>
>>44048197

It's not a meme, it's just a bad pun. And honestly one I feel guilty for making.
>>
>>44047877

Why would they talk to freelancers? I figure all their communication is to Rich.
>>
>>44048219
>Why would you need Spirit at all?
Because Spirits are memes made of Essence. Pedobear exists in Twilight.
>>
>>44048421

In 2e, memes would appear to be more like goetic entities and not spirits, and hence solely the purview of Mind.
>>
>>44047994
>So, is the art just at Paradox for approval?
That's what it says, yes. The art is done, now it's gone to the rightsholder to approve. Paradox has to declare that the art is good enough to go into the book, fits the vision they have for Mage 2e, (hopefully) doesn't include any plagiarized material like happened in Exalted 3e, etc.
>>
I just want Dreams of Avarice and Dark Eras. I've already given up hope of Wraith or the VtR supplements ever coming out.
>>
>>44048197
>>44048421
Memes are, at most, Temenotic entities/Temenotic regions.

All you'd need to force a meme is Mind 2 or Mind 3 + Indefinite Duration, depending on what the Practice is.
>>
>>44048709

I didn't realize that there were two layers of Paradox approval.

Well, at least we'll probably see Mage 2e by Christmas 2016.
>>
Who is the most paranoid faction in nWoD?

I'd rate it Demons > Mages > TFV = Vampires = Changelings > Werewolves, with everything else not really needing to be so much paranoid as just simply careful.
>>
>>44048811
>by Christmas 2016.
How hard can it be to edit a book in less than 12 months? It's not like Paradox will have them redo rules on the mechanical level. Even post-processing a movie takes at most a little over half a year.
>>
>>44048850
Changelings are more paranoid than TFV/Vamp/Werewolves.
>>
>>44048850

Changelings can be as paranoid as any Demon; it's not really an inherent trait for Mages outside of GotV and some Seers.

And Prometheans have every reason to be paranoid, yet they didn't even make your list?
>>
>>44048913
>>44048850
Better question: Can TFV out-paranoia Delta Green?
>>
>>44048850

Changelings live in continual fear of being kidnapped and returned to their abusers for eternity.

They should be no. 2 or tied for no. 1.

Also, why exactly would mages be more paranoid than the obsessive, competitive, and highly territorial predators like vampires and werewolves?

If you're including Hunters in your list, they should be above everyone by Demons and Changelings.
>>
>>44048972

Nope. TFV still has official sanction while (some of) DG has spent 50 years as an illegal terrorist group.

Related: forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/hunter-the-vigil/10139-compact-delta-green-the-organization
>>
>>44048972
>tfw Delta Green and Night's Black Agents blow Hunter out of the water so hard that you never want to play it again
>>
>>44049012
>>44048958
IMO, changelings are less paranoid than mages and demons, because when mages and demons think all of reality is out to get them, they're right.
>>
>>44049027
>>44048972
Pretty sure not even Troubleshooters from the game literally called Paranoia could quite hit DG's high notes.
>>44049050
>Night's Black Agents
GUMSHOE is... weird. Not bad, just weird.
>>
>>44049012
Mages haved to contend with seers, each other, awakenings gone wrong, various factions who hate mages for being mages, but the worst part of all, in their hunger for truth, is the paranoia that something they think is true is in fact false, and they are further from knowing everything than they think they are.
>>
>>44049288

I don't believe the books actually portray the Mage setting as anywhere near so bleak and dangerous, nor typical mages so endangered.

It sounds more like you're describing Ascension, with the Traditions fighting a losing war for reality.
>>
>>44049423
>It sounds more like you're describing Ascension, with the Traditions fighting a losing war for reality.
Well, on one hand Awakening doesn't have Nephandi which is much less terrible already, on the other hand Seers seem to have almost GM-like Fuck You Up capabilities and they already won.
>>
>>44049063

Changeling 2e is literally all about motherfuckers hunting you down.

>>44049075

That's the kindest thing I've ever read about GUMSHOE on /tg/. I adore it, but this place loves to freak over it. The upcoming 60s Delta Green GUMSHOE game looks rad,myoo.
>>
>>44048893

Someone doesn't know about the magical wonders of White Wolf Editing.
>>
>>44049475
>That's the kindest thing I've ever read about GUMSHOE on /tg/. I adore it, but this place loves to freak over it. The upcoming 60s Delta Green GUMSHOE game looks rad,myoo.
What can I say, my reaction was always more "HOW DOES THIS EVEN" more than "HOLY FUCK THIS IS BAD". That's more reserved to Strike! RPG and Degenesis first edition.

Also, 2e will probably help fill in the gaps somewhat and make Hunter a biiiiit closer to the DG experience. Though the Integrity mechanic is - obviously and necessarily - far simpler than what DG or Nemesis have.
>>
>>44049423
the tone doesn't often veer that way, though it is an easy fit (that is why Mage Noir, for instance, is a write-up in chroniclers guide) but otherwise I've just embraced the 'addicted to mysteries' angle of 2e.
And although the tone doesn't impart it, most of the factions hunting mages work best when anonymous. The Seers typically act through proxies or manipulate social/economic events like masters of keikaku.
>>
>>44044967

>Mummy Fiction Anthology has been in redlines for almost two years.

Why this. I could write an entire Mummy Anthology all by myself at this rate.
>>
>>44049823

Is that Curse of the Blue Nile? That sounded awesome.

Maybe Paradox will let us have the Book of Going Westward eventually.
>>
>>44049870

No, that's supposed to be the Mummy novel CAS himself is writing and who knows what the fuck happened to that. Mummy Fiction Anthology is another stretch goal that seems to be stuck in redline hell. It entered redlines around the same time the much delayed Book of the Deceived did. I'm just happy we're getting Dreams of Avarice at this point.
>>
>>44049989

Book of the Deceived is my favorite nWoD book, so I'm glad to be getting more. It just bums me out that the Deceived and Apotheosis both get "tell-all" books, but the regular Arisen do not.
>>
>>44048850
Feeling tarded right now, who are TFV?
>>
>>44050364

Task Force: Valkyrie. Hunters from the US Department of Homeland Security.
>>
>>44050364
>Feeling tarded right now, who are TFV?
Task Force Valkyrie, essentially Men In Black from urban myth and the movie series based on it, though unlike either they're completely under-funded.
>>
>>44050364
Task Force Valkyrie, the government-funded hunter paramilitary group.
>>
So Aspel, I don't feel like making a Drive account, but I have a comment/question about the Manifestations. They're a little pricey, no? Werewolves have the ability to turn into fuzzy murder tanks, so that pricing for abilities seems fair. Sin Eaters don't really have anything except not dying and their manifestations.
>>
>>44050383
Nah, they're with the Treasury Department.
>>
>>44050436

So, THAT'S how Fort Knox keeps its gold!
>>
>>44046932
All my shit had to be re-contracted, so that's not helping.

Some of the stuff I finished before I was fired is still in use. CtL2 isn't one of them, but C20 is. Please, have a look at the KS on Thursday. Everyone tried really hard to make an edition that fixed the weirdness of old CtD and I think they kind of succeeded.

If it's okay, I might show up when a book I contributed to comes out and talk a little about it? What the NDA will let me talk about, at least. That cool with you guys?
>>
>>44051069
>If it's okay, I might show up when a book I contributed to comes out and talk a little about it? What the NDA will let me talk about, at least. That cool with you guys?
I do not really care. You shouldn't even be online.
>>
>>44051069

Yeah, that'd be cool! That's a pretty bold claim about CtD, but I'll give it a look. Hopefully it'll have the text available to read on the KS. I'm a little wary about giving to oWoD KSes in general though, because poor Deadguy's still in the Wraith mines.
>>
>>44051069
>If it's okay, I might show up when a book I contributed to comes out and talk a little about it? What the NDA will let me talk about, at least. That cool with you guys?
I've never had a problem with you. You can hang out and post here as much as you want.
>>
>>44051069
Leave.
>>
>>44051120
True, but Matt McFarland is developing this one and he has a pretty good track record for getting stuff out on time.

>>44051120
I'm aware. I don't know if the text will be available, and I can't exactly ask, but if you give it a chance I think you'll dig it.

>>44051261
I still post as anon, of course. I only use the trip when I'm saying like, "I know this because I am Amy" or something.
>>
>>44051340
rich thomas plz
>>
All I hope for in that big German WoD Crossover game is that at one point the STs all scream "Change Places!" and then everyone has to play with totally different rulesets and settings.
>>
>>44048421
>Pedobear exists in Twilight.
Pedobear is an Astral entity.

>>44048850
Taskforce VALKYRIE aren't even that paranoid, they just make other people paranoid.

>>44049063
But paranoia isn't about whether you have a reason to be paranoid. The schizophrenic who thinks God has turned the CIA against him is more paranoid than the guy who's avoiding the cops.

>>44049509
Yeah, there isn't any. In the old days it wouldn't take a year, it would barely take a day.
>>
>>44051508
>Yeah, there isn't any. In the old days it wouldn't take a year, it would barely take a day.

If only there would be some qualitative difference between them...

The only thing that changes from what it was to what it is, is that now they toss out the PDF to fans for free editing, as well.
>>
>>44050420
Iunno... are they? I plan on having them purchasable by a secondary set of XP ("Dead Beats", thanks again for whoever coined that horrible pun, you monster) and they can be gotten at the same time as regular XP. I've also probably explained it badly on the doc, but when you buy a Manifestation you get a free thing and when you buy a Key you get a free thing. Although I should probably just do it one or the other...

>Sin Eaters don't really have anything except not dying and their manifestations.
Sin-eaters have a ton. They actually have the most extensive template abilities of any super, as far as I can tell:
>See and hear ghosts
>Interact with Twilight through Reverse Possession
>Unseen Sense for: Ghosts, Numina, Manifestations, places people died, and general health of everyone around them
I like to say that they can see health bars.
>The ability to touch the dead or a deathstain and experience the physical sensation of death
>Ability to ignore [plasm] wounds, almost entirely
>Bonus to resisting poisons/disease
>Stay conscious until completely dead
>Give ghosts sentience, and aid in ghost Manifestation with their presence
Seriously why the fuck did they call the powers Manifestations when the term already meant something, and that something had to do with ghosts?
>Open Avernian Gateways without a special ability
>Can revive pretty much indefinitely and from anything (at the cost of sanity)
>Along with little things, like eating ghosts or healing by destroying Momentos or sacrificing a person.
>>
>>44051109
>You shouldn't even be online.
That's a weird thing to say. It's not like she's banished from the internet.
>>44051069
>All my shit had to be re-contracted, so that's not helping.
So, what, you got fired and now they can't use your work? Just how much stuff did you do?

>>44051120
I wish nWoD stuff got kickstarters...

>>44051346
>"I know this because I am Amy"
Probably shouldn't be doing that anyway. I mean, weren't you under NDA? And even then talking about the company might be bad for future prospects.

>>44051441
Will there be tea?

>>44051594
Hey, there is a ridiculous amount of quality now compared to oWoD or most of nWoD.
>>
>>44051784

It's Germany, there will be beer and oddly flavored vegetable snacks instead. And maybe fake edible blood or whatever it is WoD LARPers eat.
>>
>>44051784
>I wish nWoD stuff got kickstarters...
It does. Demon did, Beast did, Deviant probably will...

It's just the edition updates that don't.
>>
File: MynameisTrevor.png (74 KB, 936x2496) Image search: [Google]
MynameisTrevor.png
74 KB, 936x2496
Checkmate, Noddists.
>>
>>44051919

Yeah that pattern's pretty clear: new nWoD lines get Kickstarters, new edition cores do not. I think that's fair, if every big deal nWoD book had a KS I'd never have any money.
>>
>>44051784
The NDA is very specific. If I tell you, for example, "C20 does this new thing in particular" then I'd be in trouble. I can say "They aren't using my stuff here and here, but this stuff is awesome."

The only writing of mine that was thrown out is CtL2. My writing for Promethean and Demon STG are completed, so they'll stay, and I'm continuing to work on C20, but that will be my last Onyx Path project. Probably, I'll show up to hype those books and see what you think of my contributions, and then that'll be the end of this trip.
>>
>>44051996
>Homeless person implying the world is his home
kek. Lemme see the lease.
>>
File: kojima-main.jpg (152 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
kojima-main.jpg
152 KB, 700x500
>>44052005
>>44051919
I want the new editions to have kickstarters is what I'm saying.

>>44052023
Oh, you mean you're still technically working for the company?
"Clean out your desk and never come back... but also if you can finish up this thing you were working on, that'd be great"
Will Rich tell everyone you're still working for the company?
>>
>>44052102
Man, I don't know. They're gonna honor the contracts I already signed, but I'm not getting any new ones. That's all I know and I'm not interested in investigating further and risking pissing someone off.

In other words I'm alright.
>>
>>44052102

I don't. These new cores take long enough on their own, I don't want to wait any longer just for stretch goals and printing. Just write it up and lemme buy a deluxe POD if I so desire. nWoD KSes should be reserved for the new lines because they don't have the name power or the word of mouth to carry their sales like the other lines have.
>>
>>44052125
>In other words I'm alright.
I can't tell if that's sarcastic resignation or hopefulness. Either are pretty good. Although breaking NDAs aside, there's still "badmouthing the people paying you" to worry about. People in the thread have implied Rich has pull in the industry?

>>44052159
Yeah, but we'd get 99% Kickstarter texts.
I mean, doesn't matter to me, I'm too poor to buy books anyway. I'm hoping I can see about getting the 2e core for Christmas, but that's a distant dream.
>>
>>44052204
What? Dude, everyone I've ever met at Onyx has been a total bro, I'd love to work with each and every one of them again. If I said anything bad about any of them, then it's not what I meant to say.
>>
>>44052229
Well, yeah, I mean, you still seem to at least be on speaking terms with Matt, but "I got fired for this shitty reason" might look bad for future emp...loyers? Contractees? I don't know what the term is.

I mean, I wouldn't care, but I wouldn't be surprised if some companies didn't like that. "She'll complain about our shitty art"
>>
File: cherry violets.png (365 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
cherry violets.png
365 KB, 500x482
>>44041866
>Innocents (does anyone actually play that or is the market completely cornered by Little Fears and MAOCT?)

Every time I watch a Gravity Falls episode I have the urge to play innocents

The feeling goes away after awhile
>>
>>44052297

It'd be a fun one-shot, at least.
>>
>>44052297
Gravity Falls is one of those shows that I'd watch if I didn't hate the art style. Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are very "Tumblr" shows, but I'd watch them if Tumblr did the character designs instead of the really cartoony style that's popular these days.
Also Adventure Time, but at least that's a very cartoony show with a Merry Melodies logic to it.
>>
>>44052297

I played a Mage game inspired by that once. Even had a really freaky secret-keeping uncle.

Shit got pretty dark after a while; uncle almost got an axe to the face when the crispy fried corpses of his parents got dug up.
>>
>>44052426
Nigga what? Have you see old cartoons? They look way worse than modern ones. Also what the fuck does tumblr shows mean? You mean people on tumblr like it? Cause everyone likes the show. You sound like you're just making retarded excuses.
>>
>>44052426
But tumblr does a disturbing amount of porn for Gravity Falls..and they're siblings.
>>
>>44052547
>You sound like you're just making retarded excuses.
Excuses for not liking something he doesn't like? OH HEAVENS BEWARE HE DARE NOT LIKE THINGS.
>>44052426
>Gravity Falls is one of those shows that I'd watch if I didn't hate the art style.
Ye I getcha.
>>
File: large.png (309 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
large.png
309 KB, 500x382
>>44052547
By "tumblr" I mean it's a show that people on Tumblr seem to like, both the fandom obsessing parts and the "SJW" parts. I'm fine with both of those. I also am saying that I prefer the fan art to the actual art style of the show.

I also literally compared it to old cartoons. But during the 90s you didn't typically have people with noodle arms or whatever. Sometimes you did, but usually it was more down to earth, I guess, or at least that's how I remember it, even if all that's coming to mind are shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog and Rocko's Modern Life.

>>44052560
It was hard finding things I can post. Being siblings makes it hotter

>>44052581
>Ye I getcha.
I actually like that one guy who does animations of Gravity Falls and Gumball as if it were an anime. They're really good looking.
Also he's drawn porn of them.
>>
How do Werewolf Packs form?

Werewolves don't really have a local social structure, and a Pack's territory is pretty huge, isn't it? Is it just the first four or five Werewolves to show up in an area?
>>
>>44052069
I think it's more tied to the Spiritual Theshold, but that's just me.
>>
>>44037283
>Tzimsce
>choosing psychotic dick girls

Toreador all the way.

also
>tfw when backed dark ages v20 and bought an extra book but have no group to play with :(
>>
>>44054432
From what I've read, basically. A pack will adopt new wolves when they go through First Change, and when they hit 9 or 10 members they'll just sorta split up. Occasionally, if a bunch of new wolves appear at the same time, they'll put them in a new pack, and help them get set up.

But I wouldn't know cause I can't find a game. v_v
>>
File: Slavs can't believe this shit.jpg (47 KB, 413x253) Image search: [Google]
Slavs can't believe this shit.jpg
47 KB, 413x253
>>44055188
>choosing a waifu who is literally entranced by every beautiful cock she encounters

Top Kek
>>
>>44050396
Official budget is small. But they get a sizeable of amount of funding from vampires.
>>
>>44054432
Well, first off, a pack incorporates more than just Uratha. Packs consitute Uratha, wolf-blooded, regular humans and occasionally even spirits(not the pack totem) and other supernatural creatures.

An example pack in Werewolf 2E was composed of a bunch of wolf-blooded adults and three our four Uratha teenagers.

As well, in urban areas, werewolf territory tends to be small, occasionally as small as a few blocks.
>>
>>44056701
>As well, in urban areas, werewolf territory tends to be small, occasionally as small as a few blocks.
Oh, I got the impression it was as big as a city itself
>>
Do we have any good resources for finding nWoD games online?
I've read the horror stories about the roll20 nWoD community, but if I can't find a Werewolf game soon, I'm gonna give in and try them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.