[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stat him, /tg/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 12
File: Samurai_Jack.jpg (108 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_Jack.jpg
108 KB, 1500x1200
Stat him, /tg/.
>>
>>44014371
Jump: Good
>>
>>44014371
>>
>>44014371
Willpower:Samurai Prince
>>
>Size/Typea: Large Magical Bea-

You no what, no. Any other fuckwit from whatever animu or vidya would get Owlbear stats, but I respect Samurai Jack too much to insult his honor like that.

Regardless, dude's at least a 10th level Samurai. Ass as the class is, for the character and the shit he does, he makes it work and look damn good.
>>
>>44014371
5th level paladin, 10th level Kensai
used his human bonus feat for Skill Focus:Jump
>>
He'd make a pretty great Legends of the Wulin character. Probably a rank 3 Xia at minimum, with a strong set of Sword based Internal and External styles and a healthy helping of Warriors Arts.
>>
>>44014371
>dusting one off from the vaults to celebrate the return of the series

That’s it. I’m sick of all this “Masterwork Bastard Sword” bullshit that’s going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I’m talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that’s about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.
Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I’m pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That’s right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:
(One-Handed Exotic Weapon) 1d12 Damage 19-20 x4 Crit +2 to hit and damage Counts as Masterwork
(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon) 2d10 Damage 17-20 x4 Crit +5 to hit and damage Counts as Masterwork
Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don’t you think?
tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.
>>
>>44014457
This does actually seem the most accurate. Maybe a knight rather than a paladin since he doesn't actually have spell casting.
>>
>>44014567
Thanks, I hadn't seen this one in a while
>>
>>44014371
> 5 levels samurai
> 5 level monk
> 6 level rogue
> 4 level ninja (light variant)
> 7 level fighter

Remember, he has incredibly extensive martial training, is also capable of easily obtain information, has incredible saves and ability scores at this point and is obviously beyond epic level because he's shown on multiple occasion to be leagues stronger than Akuu and any of the mercs and minions he sends. He's also incredibly tough, adept at using magic devices and simply put, he's just a goddamn badass
>>
Well, we all know he's not as strong as a gang of predators.
>>
>>44014457
There is nothing really about him that is Paladin-like. He's not shown as being a powerful leader, at least not yet. He does not have a focus on a particular divine being from what has been shown.

He's definitely some sort of Kensai in practice, but the spiritual bond to the weapon only somewhat there, since others can use the sword to the same effectiveness, it only doesnt work on good alignment people.

I think he's probably closer to some kind of swordsage or something from that book, with a particularly powerful magical sword.
>>
File: Samurai_jack.jpg (820 KB, 1000x1704) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_jack.jpg
820 KB, 1000x1704
Saves: ∞

Physical Skill Checks: ∞

Soul Blade: Ignores anything that would prevent it from dealing damage and all immunities to status effects
>>
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND, I, AKU, MIN/MAX'ING MASTER OF MUNCHKINS UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL.
BUT A FOOLISH ROLEPLAYER WIELDING A +1 SWORD STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME.
>>
>>44014655
>gets ass kicked on the regular by skilful opponents
>fails at physical activities and sometimes has to undergo training to accomplish goals
>sword literally doesnt work on some people due to them being pure of heart

0 for 3, impressive
>>
>>44014395
Underrated post.
>>
>>44014655
>Ignores anything that would prevent it from dealing damage

It can be parried though
>>
>>44014773
Bitch, you ever try to undo the future that is Aku?
>>
>>44014567
>Return of the series
Wait what. When?
>>
>>44014773
If you watch the cartoon in order of episodes, you start to see the massive insane improvements he has in each episode.
By the start of the series you could stat him as level 15-20 martial class. Towards the end he stops failing to encounters.
To the point where one of the final episodes is the robot assassin point of view, just to show how insane he has become.

>>44014816
And dodged. But it would ignore things like Damage Resistance, Immunity to Physical Damage(Slashing), and things like that.
>>
>>44014850
Adult swim giving a return of the series, Gendy at the helm, 2016 is a good year.
>>
>>44014850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ
>>
>>44014609

>because he's shown on multiple occasion to be leagues stronger than Aku

Only when he has the sword. Go rewatch "Jack and the Zombies" for an example of what happens when he's disarmed of the only weapon capable of inflicting lasting harm on Aku. Aku comes across as bumbling and is often played up for comedy, but he can be absolutely terrifying when he's going full out against an opponent that has no way of actually hurting him (ie: everyone but Jack and the gods themselves). Granted, Jack still managed to last much longer against him than most would have in his position.
>>
Magic Resistance: 0
>>
>>44014850
>>
>>44014903
Why was Ra okay with dropping by earth to kill some dogs, but he wouldn't take out Aku while he was there?
>>
>>44014884
>Adult swim
>2016

So it's going on the toonami block after akame ga kill ends?
>>
>>44014371
>Wisdom: 1
FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR
>>
>>44014371
Well, what do we know about him mechanically?

He can deflect arrows.
His saves are ridiculous, but he can lose fights against non-god level entities, so greatest likelihood is that he's multi-classed.
No real armor. More evidence that he's a monk and that his sword counts as monk weapon for some reason.

My vote is Monk/Crusader (he has a burst damage thing and also utilizes fancy jumpin' around). Maybe mixed with something to further boost saves.
>>
>>44014874
It appears that you don't really know how strong level 15-20 really is if you think he was like that when he started. But it's fine, just know that that is not where he started at the beginning of the series.

In the 4th season jack has to be saved by the scotsman, he gets infected, he has a decently long fight against shinobi, and obviously can not defeat mondobot without the help of the deep sea stone giant thing he piloted.

He fails when it is very apparent that he should be failing, he is not a god and the only legit reason he can fight Aku is because of the sword. Although to be fair the only reason Aku can not be defeated by anyone else is simply because the only thing that can hurt him in universe is the sword, as far as we know. (And the celestial beings that destroyed his "parent" form or whatever the fuck it was)
>>
Wild Talents would probably be the best for this.
>>
>>44014922

I have no idea. Maybe there's something preventing them from interfering directly with Aku specifically for some reason? I mean, given how effortlessly they obliterated the seed of pure evil he was spawned from, I can't imagine they would have any trouble whatsoever with him if there wasn't some reason they couldn't do so.
>>
>>44014395
Fly: Not
>>
Was anybody in the series able to deflect bullets?
>>
>>44014922
I'd probably guess that Aku taking over earth is the natural course of things in the minds of the gods, but the minions of set were not supposed to be released, and that Set also falls under the jurisdiction of Ra directly.
>>
>>44014922
Because the dogs was something he himself regretted and originally sealed.

>>44014955
He has been trained around the world because Aku was unsealed. So if a Martial class exists that grants important free Feats(Monk, Kensai, Warlord, Barbarian, etc) he has enough levels in it to gain those feats.
He is pretty weak in season 1.
>>
>>44014653
They gave him paladin because his sword is basically a Holy Avenger.
>>
>>44015042
Does that system not have good rules for creating magical items?
>>
>>44014922
the battle would have cost him too much this is my head canon obviously
>>
>>44014955
He can wear some armour and retain his skill, he can catch arrows with extreme focus even as close range, and his bones can break, and be knocked unconscious. He has really good saves, but they're not amazing.

I'd just say he's a wandering swordsage with his own list of manoeuvres.
>>
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (–1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3–8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6–8 HD (Large); 9–15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>44014959
15ish with severe multiclassing isn't that strong. Remember: He doesn't start out min maxed at all, he does not wear armor, and he seem to succeed in most skill checks.

On the top of that, his sword is basically a +0 weapon when dealing with things that it doesn't have Bane properties against.
>>
>>44015072
Have you read my latest book?
It's called
>how to kill yourself in 57 easy ways
>>
>>44015042
>>44015054
Yeah the sword is pretty unique in terms of D&D, perhaps there is something in Exalted or something like that, but the sword is essentially just a Katana that is unbreakable, does massive damage to creatures of pure evil, and can not be used to hard those of pure heart. Jacks sword is probably not THAT much more powerful than the scotsmans sword, and we know it certainly can not shatter it.
>>
>>44015076
But it's also indestructible(which makes you wonder why the fuck he was sharpening it that one time.)
>>
>>44015076
To be fair, Multiclass is really the only optimal way to do Martial in non-ToB cases.
>>
>>44015102
Which evil beings was the sword used against that took more damage than a regular sword would do?
>>
>>44014922
I feel almost like Aku isn't THAT bad of a dictator. Sure, the entire earth became a cesspool for weird alien criminals and such, but I don't remember him often directly hurting anyone for his own evil gain or anything. He doesn't stop criminals from doing fucked up shit to innocents, but at the very least he protects the earth from anyone else trying to fuck it up.
>>
>>44015076
The sword slices through metal all the time, as well as what appears to be bedrock in certain circumstances. These are not things that any old Katana can do.

But who is to say he is even multiclassed? The core problem is that he is too powerful for the raw stats that a level 15 would have, but knows too much for anything lower than that because of the way feats work.
>>
>>44015102
>sword isn't that much stronger
>was made by THREE GODS who were the heads of their pantheons

The only reason it didn't cleave the Scotsman in twain is because he's a righteous dude and the sword cannae harm such as he.
>>
>>44015129
Aku, Demongo, the nightmare shit in that one episode.
>>
>>44015140
For an embodiment of evil Aku is pretty chill.
>>
>>44015109
What if he wasn't sharpening the -sword-?
>>
>>44015129
Technically speaking, Jack was only able to beat the Marauders because he pulled out some sort of Smite Construct bullshit to beat their DR.
>>
>>44015165
I don't remember anything about the Demongo fight other than Demongo wasn't defeated directly by the sword. Did he actually get hit by the sword some time during the fight?
>>
>>44015145
Mostly because it ignores anything that would prevent it from dealing damage. Unless the thing is very very Good and Living.

Then again, it could just be that Jack has a feat for that.
>>
>>44015205
Obviously Jack has Favored Enemy: Construct while the sword itself is just bane to evil creatures.
>>
>>44015145

It's probably made out of the equivalent of Adamantine.
>>
>>44014955
We also know he trained with mamluks and robin hood
>>
File: Sasuke_contuined_laughter_haha.jpg (98 KB, 421x532) Image search: [Google]
Sasuke_contuined_laughter_haha.jpg
98 KB, 421x532
>>44015310
>God Forged Soul Blade
>Equal to metal
>>
>>44015415

Considering it can be blocked, I'd say so.
>>
>>44014653
he had to be a 11/10 leader to learn teach the monkey people kung fu and shit
>>
>>44014431
This, the defining feature of Samurai Jack is his indomitable will.
>>
>>44015109
gotta strop that shit

and yes he was using a stone, it's a God blade its doesn't fallow your rules
>>
>>44014903
>opponent that has no way of actually hurting him (ie: everyone but Jack and the gods themselves)
Actually there was one episode where Aku fought some elemental spirits to obtain the Jewel of Neptune and he did loose.
>>
File: 1416792692951.jpg (887 KB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
1416792692951.jpg
887 KB, 1920x2951
>>44015415
>>
>>44015618
Oh, the time the time travel failed, so he sent the soul of the blade into the past instead of Jack and the sword?
That was a fun arc.
>>
>>44015160
YE FERGOT ABOUT DAMAGIC RUNES
>>
>>44015702
WATS THAT YE STONEY WEE BASKET WEARIN', BLIMEY BRAINED SCOONER?
>>
>>44015201
If I recall correctly Jack ended up destroying the skull thing Demongo used to keep all of the other souls in his control. Demongo's power stems from the fact that he grew more powerful with the amount of strong souls he possessed. In all honesty I think Demongo would have been one of the more interesting foes Jack fought if the creators of the show decided to focus on Demongo's physical ability rather than have him take the necromancer's approach to fighting. I mean, did you see how many warriors he sent after Jack? If he really did have countless warriors just trapped inside of him then he should've been pretty damn powerful. Enough so that he could've fought Jack on his own.
>>
Warrior from a distant time: 4
Silent Savior: 3
Jump good: 3
>>
>>44014567

In all seriousness why dont we talk about the weapon even stronger than a katana.

The bamboo spear, underrated, never used. A weapon capable of killing samurai with ease, easy to make, easy to use and fucking everywhere, slap a peasant on the end of one of these things and you are a master fighter guy. Lets break it down.

>easily created by anyone
>can stab through samurai
>can leave splinters, which hurts.
>like seriously, fuck splinters
>easier to make, and mass produce
>katana cant cut 20 bamboo spears at once from 20 angles, and still kill the guys 8ft behind the points
>katana cut bamboo spear? Now I have 2 smaller spears
>cut my small spears? Aha now I have throwing sticks.
>someone kills me, anyone can use my spear
>someone kills you, better get trained for 20 years, then die to a bamboo spear immediately.
Aint nobody fucking with the ancient japanese art of bamboo spearing.

My proposed stats:
2 hand simple weapon 2d10 18-20 ×3
1 hand simple weapon 1d12 19-20 x2
1 hand thrown 4d4 17-20 x2

And on a crit the spear also leaves splinters, which deal 1 damage until the target dies of bloodloss or commits suicide, whichever comes first.

Bamboo spears, nobody fucks with them.
>>
In D&D terms he's something along the lines of swordsage 7, who has levels in Kensai and Master of the nine. If I had to put an exact number on the, I'd say kensai 5, MotN 3. But MotN could easily be dropped. Maybe a custom feat in there similar to tashalatora to boost his maneuvers and stances while gaining kensai levels.

His sword is a little harder, but a good baseline would probably be +3 adamantine with a greater bane and custom enchantment.

As for stats?
Str: 13
Dex: 16+
Con: 14
Int: 11
Wis: 18+
Cha: 12
>>
>>44015865
>Cha: 12
Nigga what?
>>
>>44015801
>Supporting a weapon that leaves splinters

You're a sick fucking man anon. What next, you gonna tell us to leave sharply cornered waist high tables in small corridors our enemies will pass through?
>>
>>44015310
It literally cut through adamantium when Jack had a strength boost (or when he called on the power of the ancients) so it's actually well, well beyond that.
>>
>>44015893
No, i would rather have tables wider at the ground, so you stub your toes constantly.

Or have paper golems that can only be beaten with hand to hand unarmed fighting
>>
>>44014955
I think CON might actually be his worst save. I think he passes out more than he freaks out or fails to dodge.
>>
>>44015885

I just don't see him as being a shining beacon of charisma. Above average, sure. But a lot of his stuff can be explained with having a good amount of ranks in the appropriate skills. So yeah. 12. 14 at absolute most.
>>
>>44015885
Jack has the ability to hit it off with just about anyone.
>>
>>44015935
You actually alternate between shin, waist, knee, and elbow high tables so that the enemies never get used to one hazard and always bumping into shit.

All of them obviously have stubby, thick bases for toe smashing.
>>
>>44015885
Think about his Counterparts.
Scotsman has higher physical stats, but literally 9 in all mental stats.
The Spy Thief has far higher dexterity and mental stats.
>>
>>44015982
Jack's a huge stick in the mud and a lot of his problems come from his inability to assert himself or interact well with people. Hell, that's how he got his name.

People like and love him after getting to know him and realize how noble he is, but that's not charisma. That's just being a good person.
>>
>>44015885
He's a good motivator when he bothers to speak and random street people find him cool.
>>
>>44015893

How about leaving sharply cornered waist high tables in small corridors with legos all over the ground where they would have to step in order to avoid said tables.
>>
>>44015996

And unevenly high steps between floors
>>
>>44016015
No, he just keeps quiet because he's confused. When he does motivational speech, people rally to him. Japanese girls in the shoe episodes find him super handsome.

Only social roll he's failed was against Scotman's wife.
>>
>>44016010
I don't know, the scotsman was pretty immune to the sirens' song.
>>
>>44016052
That's a racial feature: selective deafness.
>>
>>44016052

That's because the Scotsman is a true patrician when it comes to proper singing. Jack and the other men were simply poor, dirty plebeians who will gladly gobble up any popular trash they hear on the wind.
>>
>>44016021
>>44016010
>>44015982
I just picture him with more than a +1. I mean it's almost always his ability to connect with people that solves the problem of the day. He's not a 20cha bard or anything, and his Cha isn't based on wordplay, but his force of personality is nothing to scoff at. Everyone instinctively likes him, fears him, or at least notices him and feels that he is important and that's the essence of Cha. Also he's an excellent leader and teacher.

I'd put it at 15-16, maybe with the stipulation that he got extra points from being shipped around the world and befriending every culture in existence, or that he has a divine aura that effects people like Cha would.
>>
>>44016113
no he's not that high. He's not quick in conversations and he has trouble getting through certain people like the scissorsmith and the gangsters. +1 is good enough.
>>
>>44014371
Advantage: "Better than you"
Flaw: "On Aku's shitlist."
>>
>>44016113
8 is somebody you know you don't like when you look at them

10 is average

12 is somebody you like a lot when you see them

14 even more so

16 is heroic levels of Charisma. At this point you can start a cult. And people will automatically trust you.

At 18 you have no issues starting a cult. At all.

Jack has shitloads of ranks in all social skills, but his Charisma isn't insane. He is in the 11-13 range.
>>
>>44014567
>implying katana can cut basic ass chain mail
>>
>>44016143
I'm so sick of this stupid fucking interpretation of Charisma. Charisma isn't about how good you are at talking. The social skills like diplomacy and bluff are measures of how good you are at talking. Jack doesn't have ranks in those obviously because he's not good at talking. But people instinctively flock to him, whether for good or ill, because he has charisma. He has a stat bonus but not ranks in social skills.
>>44016158
In older versions of D&D yeah, anything above 10 is incredible, but considering he's got 18+wis and 16+dex I figured it's probably based on something like 5E or at least 3.5 where stats aren't quite as earthshattering.

If 18 charisma means you can start a cult at the drop of a hat then with 18+ wisdom jack is a god damn ancient ultra sage who can never be snuck up on by anything and can count the leaves on a tree a mile away.

Furthermore, Jack doesn't have ranks in social skills at all, he sucks at talking in every way. but he has raw charisma to make up for it. It's the exact opposite of what you're suggesting. People like Jack automatically because he seems really cool, but when he tries to talk he can't find the words. That's charisma bonus, not skill ranks. And it's why he can't start a cult, because he doesn't have any ranks because he's not optimized as a diplomancer.
>>
File: command.png (16 KB, 596x390) Image search: [Google]
command.png
16 KB, 596x390
>charisma
I don't think you're using the right stat.
>>
>>44014371
warblade
>>
File: 1263701758479.jpg (16 KB, 460x315) Image search: [Google]
1263701758479.jpg
16 KB, 460x315
FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR: 20
>>
>>44016271
-10 HP
>>
>>44016051
>Only social roll he's failed was against Scotman's wife
there was no passing that for anyone
>>
>>44016218
It's a copy paste man, of course it's stupid as shit
>>
>>44015935
>>44015893
>>44015996
>>44016033
>>44016047

Ok let me create the dungeon of my dreams.

>uneven cobblestone floor, always causing stubbed toes
>darkly lit, and narrow with sharp turns and twists
>tables sticking out. At every level, and designed to aim for skins, ankles, toes, hips, or thighs. (<{Of ANY RACE}>)They are also sharp, and splintery.
>did i mention the floor was uneven, causing you to trip into the tables, which splinter.

6 Adventurers enter a dark dungeon
>1 leaves, holding his intestines in, and sobbing.
>investigation finds a gruesome end to all of the members.

Also, the dungeon is littered with goblins, armed to the teeth with bamboo spears of splintering.

>final reward, guarded so secretly is:
>potion of unending wishing
>>
File: die.png (397 KB, 1445x881) Image search: [Google]
die.png
397 KB, 1445x881
>>44016432
Why not just cover the floor with these?
>>
>>44016443
Those can be counterd by iron tipped/padded shoes.

>>44016432
Uneven tile size is bad enough, but when combined with uneven shapes and height, it becomes a special kind of nightmare.
Bonus points if a maze portion is also a mimick.
>>
>>44014729
>tfw you hear that voice while reading this.
>>
>>44016567
Your right....
>welcome to eye of the beholder, satan edition...

>you enter the dungeon fighter "lets walk down this corridor"
Roll reflex
>what? Uh. 12?
You trip on the cobblestones, slamming your knee right into an inconveniently placed table, take 4 damage. You also have splinters.
>cleric: dont worry i will heal you
So you. Walk towards him?
>fuck...i rolled a 6
You crack your shin into a table you didnt see before, and hit the fighter, you both take 2 damage.
>wizard doesnt move, out of fear.
Roll....fucking....REFLEX
>wizard: * crying* "...i..got 19"
You manage to dodge a flying rock, at head level, you have a feeling that you need to watch out for flying debris
>barbarian: fuck this im out
Sorry. Exit disappeared, bright side, only 5 floors to clear.also roll reflex

On a 1, the ceiling traps activate and drop thousands of marbles over the entire floor, each one is enchanted with the grease spell and spreads slightly to the area around it.

Perma greased floor, uneven cobblestones. Shoe eating oozes, and visable, and invisible, and illusion tables.

Welcome to hell
>>
>>44016694
Using my powers as a warforged, I lie down and pull myself along via grasping the splintery wood furnishings.

The greased marbles will ease my transit, effectively making me a vehicle the other party members can stand on.

They can pilot me by using their weapons as oars.
>>
>>44014653
>he thinks Paladins get their power from deities
LaughingIdealists.jpeg
>>
>>44014653
>Not a powerful leader
>led a couple dogs with mining equipment to defeat thousands of giant robot death beetles.
>Led underwater city in a giant battle
>Taught monkeys martial arts and led them to victory against enemies 5 times their size
>Led a group of scientists to battle with space bees

>No divine focus
>Punched a hole in an indestructible robot by praying

Wait, say something else, I want you to keep being wrong. I'm not even saying he's a paladin, but holy shit you could not have used stupider examples, and besides a paladin doesn't have to be a leader even if they usually are or at least would be good at it. Did you even watch the fucking show? Jack is leading people non fucking stop.
>>
>>44014567
Isn't there an episode of naruto you should be watching right now?
>>
>>44016715
>How to force a naval campaign on the players.
>>
>>44016432
>Of any race

Anyone else imagining a dragon having to navigate a dungeon for one reason or another and continuously bumping into this shit? The tables need to be enchanted to avoid being destroyed in a rage.
>>
>>44016231
I agree, Jack is pretty charismatic in terms of raw personal magnetism and force of personality. He's just not much for articulating his thoughts
>>
>>44014371
>Pathfinder w/ DSP material
LG Monk 2/Fighter (Lore Warden, Martial Master, Myrmidon) 18
The result is a Wis-based PoW character who among other things has 6+Int skill points and can spend an action to add up to six maneuvers from any discipline to his maneuvers readied, making him extremely versatile. He also gets Evasion and Wis to AC, and his Myrmidon Deeds are all things Jack has done at some point.
>>
>>44019460
Also add on the Master of Many Styles archetype for monk, and the feat that lets you enter both a stance and a style with a single action.
>>
>>44016842

oh man what a burn

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Katanas_are_Underpowered_in_d20
>>
>>44014371
Level 10ish in Anima. Weaponmaster 1 > Acrobatic Warrior 3 > Tao 3 > Shadow 3.
STR 10, AGI 13, DEX 13, CON 10, INT 5, POW 7, Will 10, PER 8
Disadvantages: Powerful Enemy: Aku(Background, -2), Code of Conduct (Background, -1)
Advantages: (Background) Artifact - Three-Gods-Heaven-Forged Katana, Natural Learner(Field): Athletics(2), Psychic Immunity(1), Hard to Kill(Bought at a later level with a stat point), Blood of the Kami: Lord of War(T-G-H-F Katana, 2 stat points to nullify the level modifier)
Attack around 180, Dodge around 160
Secondaries: All Athletics/Composure/Withstand Pain/Etiquette/Style ~200, Feats of Strength/Persuasion/Intimidate 80, Jump 300
Martial Arts: Aikido(Supreme), Grappling(Supreme), Kuan(Advanced), Melkaiah(Base)
Ki Abilities: Use of Ki, Presence Extrusion, Aura Extension, Inhumanity, Zen, Use of Necessary Energy, Elimination of Necessities, Increased Damage, Increased Reach, Increased Speed, Weight Elimination.
Artifact: Three-Gods-Heaven-Forged Katana: +20 Katana, Damage 100, Cannot damage Good beings, linked to Jack, Ignores Damage Barrier and AT of evil beings/constructs.
White Kimono - While worn inside out and covering the entire body in an area of bright light, grants +200 to rolls to avoid detection by any means.
>>
>>44016842
>>44016218
>being this new
>>
File: DMing.jpg (37 KB, 183x388) Image search: [Google]
DMing.jpg
37 KB, 183x388
So, how did the original series end? I can't remember.
>>
>>44019739
It didn't.

The last episode was about Jack running around with a baby he found in the woods, and his badassitude rubbed off on him by the time Jack found the kid's parents.

Then there was a comic series I haven't read because I want there to be a collected volume.
>>
>>44019777
That was the last episode?
Fuck, that was underwhelming
>>
>>44020048
Keep in mind, Genndy wanted to finish off Jack's story with a big movie. He's been spending the last 11 years (such as Hotel Transylvania) trying to get the money and pull to get the show back on the air and do a movie.
>>
>>44015725
Seriously, he's the best character in the entire series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwLtyvGdNbc
>>
>>44015461
Fell the sirens
>>
>>44020074
Also, Mako, Aku's voice, died. I hope they get his protégé to do the voice.
>>
>>44020110
Yeesh, I mean he fell to the sirens spell.
>>
>>44019730
>being this retarded
it's copypasta, Dumbassuke.
https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=839748 and that's just another copypasta of it
Besides that bastard sword is a classification of blade/hilt length, not blade quality, that you can't buy an actual traditionally made sword with that little, or that we should apparently stat claymores based on cold steel since everyone wants to stat katanas anachronistically on later technological upgrades.
face it, during the age of the samurai, Japan's iron quality was very poor.
>>
>>44015145
>But who is to say he is even multiclassed?

well he did travel the world and learn a shitload of different fighting styles from numerous teachers
>>
>>44020114
>>44020074
>>44020048
Uhhh guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ

Jack's coming back.
>>
>>44019687
Shouldn't he have at least 6 Int considering he should know several languages due to being trained in different parts of the world and being taught various sciences by the Chinese and Egyptians?
>>
>>44016578
I miss Mako. ;_;
>>
>>44022473
Leaves on the vine...
>>
>>44022015
True enough.
>>
>>44014371
>WS 65 BS 51 S 56 T 52 Ag 68 Int 38 Per 46 WP 78 Fel 43
>Movement 6/12/18/24
>17 wounds
>Skills: Acrobatics +20, Awareness +10, Climb +10, Concealment +10, Dodge +20, Inquiry, Intimidate +10, Scrutiny +10, Search, Silent Move +20, Swim +20
>Talents: Armour of Contempt, Armsmaster, Assassin Strike, Blademaster, Blind Fighting, Catfall, Combat Master, Crushing Blow, Deflect Shot, Die Hard, Fearless, Furious Assault, Hard Target, Hardy, Hatred (Daemons), Heightened Senses, Iron Discipline, Jaded, Leap Up, Lightning Attack, Lightning Reflexes, Meditation, Precise Blow, Primitive Weapon Training, Quick Draw, Resistance (Psychic Powers, Fear), Slayer of Daemons, Sprint, Step Aside, Strong Minded, Sure Strike, True Grit, Unarmed Warrior, Wall of Steel
Armour: none
Weapons: Ancestral Blade (1d10+11 R pen6, Mono, Sanctified, Volatile)

Looks like the Ordo Malleus has a new agent
>>
>>44014371
LONG AGO, IN A DISTANT NOTEBOOK
i made a 3.5 character based on A FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR

Aasimar Monk 3/Paladin 6/Fighter 4/Master Samurai 6 (from sword and fist)
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 15, Cha 14 (using elite array)
MW Bastard Sword (SICK AND TIRED), Mithril Half-plate (to represent his occasional samurai armor)
Yes, he had great saves (as we all thought)
>>
>>44027705

Master Samurai? Now thats just mean. Noone deserve to be saddled with Master Samurai levels.
>>
I just watched the first episode again and noticed that he never learned swordsmanship during his training montage.
>>
File: 1449112586189.jpg (238 KB, 520x500) Image search: [Google]
1449112586189.jpg
238 KB, 520x500
>>44015072
>>
>>44028808
Racial feat.
>>
>>44015072
epic /TG/ meme, /B/ro.

upvoted 100 100 100
>>
>>44015865
His sword cut through adamantium robots with enough power behind the swing. The sword is made of something else entirely.
>>
>>44018824
His player might just have some social awkwardness that doesn't quite reflect his character's CHA score.
>>
>>44025958
>WS 65
That's it?
>>
>>44015618
There were comics?!
>>
>>44014371
Maybe its just me but Jack makes me want to be a better person.
Only other cartoon character that inspires me is Hellboy.
>>
>>44034489
It turns out good people are good.
>>
File: point-ed stick.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
point-ed stick.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>44015801
what about pointed sticks?
>>
>>44034876
SHUT UP!
>>
Since we're on the subject of Jack. Let's say that Kaldor Draigo and Jack get into a 1v1 fight, standard gear.

Who wins?
>>
>>44035471
we already know what happens when two similarly powered heroic characters do battle in samurai jack

it's a draw
>>
>>44035471
Draigo shouts high gothic insults at Jack while Jack tries to diffuse the situation while tossing in some subtle barbs here and there until a demon shows up to wreck their shit and gets wrecked by jolly co-operation.
>>
File: inconvienence house.jpg (2 MB, 3762x3323) Image search: [Google]
inconvienence house.jpg
2 MB, 3762x3323
>>44016432
Also, wicker chairs with a weight limit of 100lbs.
>>
>>44021996
It looks like for this clip, the animators made a model in flash with joints and moved them around. I really hope I'm wrong and that the old animation style is used for this new show.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.