[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if someone drunk nothing but holy water their entire lifes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: Imperium of Man.jpg (101 KB, 900x653) Image search: [Google]
Imperium of Man.jpg
101 KB, 900x653
So if someone drunk nothing but holy water their entire lifes, would their blood become dangerous to supernatural shit? Pic unrelated.
>>
File: tasteitscrub.png (247 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tasteitscrub.png
247 KB, 500x281
>>44011454
It would at the very least protect you from vampires or any demons that happen to suck blood. Unless of course drinking holy water desecrates it removing it's effects.
>>
Holy waters power is from it being blessed water. If you absorb it into your body it's no longer just water and loses its power (although this could give you temporary buffs if you want to fluff it that way). I think by pfdnd it stops being holy once it leaves the fuckin bottle
>>
Drinking holy water like that would be blasphemous to a certain degree, imparting no benefit whatsoever.

Holy water is just ordinary water that's blessed, and once you stop treating it like it's holy, it loses any power it might have had.. It gets poured down the drain like all other water, and you don't see any vampire hunters ripping out Churches' plumbing in order to use the pipes as weapons.
>>
>>44011894
Though that would be cool as hell, admittedly. Instead of shining swords or stake launchers, Vampires get to taste the lead-lined pipe of St. Andrew's Cathedral
>>
>>44011454
I piss on the vampire while saying a prayer to saint francis.
>>
>>44011894
>Drinking holy water like that would be blasphemous to a certain degree

Depends on the reason for drinking it. If it's in a ritual of cleansing and a sign of solidarity to God, I'd imagine that's not blasphemous. If you're just trying to get holy buffs, it's a bit different.
>>
>>44011925
>source of holy water
>connect to fire hose and/or super soaker

Real vampire hunters get squirt guns full of holy water, affixed with sharpened wood cross bayonets.

When you need to be subtle, you get one of those flower squirters and spray the vamp right when you're shaking his hand. Also set one to blast your neck in case he bites you before you can react.
>>
>>44011894
>Holy water is just ordinary water that's blessed

In DnD it's also infused with silver, since you need a certain amount of silver to make it. I'd say you would risk getting metal poisoning from drinking just holy water (though I'd probably do the math to figure out exposure if I really cared that much)
>>
>>44013158
I am reminded of a scene in a movie I saw (I think it was a Disney Channel movie? Something low-budget) where a bunch of kids discovered a cave full of vampires near their neighborhood, so they grabbed wooden swords and super soakers. They then ran into a Catholic church mid-service, ran down the aisles to the container of holy water, and just dumped their super-soakers into the bowl and filled them up while the priest and congregation just stood there like "what the fuck."

Then they just ran out and killed a bunch of fucking vampires.
>>
>Easg Saint or Holy Fish
>These fish only inhabited wells near churches. There were usually two to a well and they were regarded as sacred. They lived off of hazel nuts which fell from the tree above the well. These nuts gave the fish magical properties, including the ability to speak. To kill the fish would invite divine retribution.
Before looking this up, I thought I remembered it saying that the powers came from the well, but I guess not. So if you want to produce this effect, what you need to do is eat produce from plants that grow on holy ground.
>>
>>44011454
What kind of holy water?

>Baptismal Holy Water
Baptismal Holy Water is mingled with Oil of the Catechumens and the Holy Chrism.

>Water of Consecration
This holy water, used for the consecration of churches, has wine, ashes, and salt mixed with it.

>Ordinary Holy Water
Ordinary holy water may have a little salt in it, but otherwise it's just ordinary water that has been blessed by a priest.

>Water of Exorcism
This is the munitions-grade holy water. It is mixed with wine, alchemical silver, and aqua regia.
>>
Can a priest bless a cloud and make it rain holy water?
>>
>>44018385
Or bless a fogbank and make it lethal to vampires?
>>
Why can't I just use Ethyl Alcohol? All those vampires need disinfecting.
>>
>>44018563
>>44018385
Holy shit.

High level Clerics should be extinction level events for vampires.
>>
>>44011894
I am a Catholic theologian.
Yes, really
This
Is largely right, although it is usually called Gregor Ian water, not exorcism water.
Holy water is never to be poured down a normal drain! Churches have a sink with a pipe into the ground for sacramental - otherwise, dig a hole, pour it into the earth, and fill the hole.
Drinking holy water as a devotion is ok, if rare, but would not change a person.
>>
>>44018385
>>44018563
No, sorry - the ritual wouldn't work
>>
File: 4271268461_2d9de24919_b.jpg (624 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
4271268461_2d9de24919_b.jpg
624 KB, 681x1024
>>44011894
>It gets poured down the drain like all other water

That drain, the sacrarium, was traditionally just a hole in the wall that let the holy water absorb directly into the masonry. Modern sacraria instead pipe the holy water into the ground beneath the church.

Pouring holy water into the sewer system like normal water is Bad and Wrong.
>>
>>44013198
You can't get silver poisoning unless you're allergic.
You can however turn a blue/grey colour.
>>
File: 1442971538773.jpg (34 KB, 425x340) Image search: [Google]
1442971538773.jpg
34 KB, 425x340
>>
>>44018772
Why?
>>
could you have a Water Elemental made of holy water?
>>
>>44018836
Depends on how much and how fast, you can get silver poisoning if you ingest enough of it fast enough it will kill you. This is true of most metals though and the amount you have to ingest is actually quite large.
>>
>>44018812
So the church gets increasingly holy the longer it's in service, just from the lingering effects of absorbed sacrament? Can we weaponize that somehow?
>>
>>44011805
Wait if your blood did become holy and you got bit, how the fuck would that work? Would you stop turning or just melt?
>>
>>44019025
Cannon-ise it.
>>
>>44019051
You would be immune to the curse.
>>
>>44019051
Vampire explodes.
>>
>>44019071
But would you explode?
>>
>>44019025
Giant cannon that discharges all the accumulated holiness into one almighty smiting.
>>
>>44018563
>>44018385
>>44018772
>bless water
>This transmutation imbues a flask (1 pint) of water with positive energy, turning it into holy water.

No mention of water as a gas or as a solid.

However all the attacks made by holy water is only for thrown splash attacks.
>>
>>44019197
What if you had a really big flask.
>>
>>44019197
Doesn't say how big the flask is, or what state the water is in.

If it was a room sized flask, you could conceivably have a pint of water as a gas. Ice is even easier.
>>
>>44019295
It says 1 pint, is a pint suddenly not a size?
>>
>>44019248
>>44019295
Who's defintion of flask are we even going by?

Wish on a genie that all uses of flask are interchangeable with uses of planet.
>>
>>44019335
Unless it's a metagenie, how is that gonna make the out-of-universe rules text apply the way you want it to?
>>
>>44019051
It would probably pan out like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A&t=2m35s
>>
>>44019025
>Can we weaponize that somehow?
Churches as holy ground being a bunker against supernatural evil has already been done in stories for fucking centuries.
>>
>>44011454
As it happens, no. In order for ''holy water'' work it has to be visible and intended for use as such. You cannot see all your blood and you don't intend to use it to sanctify stuff, ergo it does not become holy.
Source: Asked my local priest about it once
>>
>>44019560
Isn't holy water used for exorcisms different from other types of holy water? Is your priest an exorcist?
>>
>>44019606
Not that Im aware of. Even so, the point stands. In order to sanctify water one must be able to see all of it and intend to use it, not a byproduct or something produced by it, for something like sanctifying or exorcism or something.

As it was put to me, you need to want to use the actual water and you need to be able to see it. Thats why the Vatican does it in barrels.
>>
>>44018960
What about the water elemental plane?
>>
>>44011454
wouldn't the aircraft be of better use elsewhere?
>>
>>44020767
Probably not, they are most likely training and worked in a fun photo while they had an Apache to play with.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.