[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone play sociopath characters here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: hijak.jpg (10 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
hijak.jpg
10 KB, 208x250
anyone play sociopath characters here?
>>
>>44003648
Once.
Never again.
>>
File: racter.png (87 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
racter.png
87 KB, 212x278
sociopaths, eh?
>>
>>44003648
Nah, everyone knows that playing blatant self-inserts is frowned upon.
>>
>>44003648
>Any CoC character I play
>Any Cyberpunk 2020 character with cybernetics ever
>Any character with a low CHA means low empathy for me (shitty personality, no one wants him/it around)
Nah
>>
File: 1418965856099.png (94 KB, 438x395) Image search: [Google]
1418965856099.png
94 KB, 438x395
I am unironically going to enjoy this thread. It's good to just let your edgelord flags fly once in a while. Now it's just cool to be a paladinfag, goin' killin' all them monstergrills, black peoples and anyone else who gave me an unintentional erection.
>>
Yes.

She's also lying about her identity, title, and what she does in her free time: Gardening.
>>
>>44003648
He's technically a sociopath but most don't realize because most assume that his quirks are caused by the fact that he's not!Tarzan.
>>
I played a sociopathic con-artist character once in Pathfinder... the kind who lie to someone's face about a certain investment putting their kids through college while the reality is that it will ruin them and possibly have them take the fall for something illegal.

Even then though, I curbed the sociopathic tendencies enough to have my character actually cooperate with the party (if only because he thought they'd be useful to him).

Generally I don't recommend sociopath characters. They become boring fast, and make the game unfun for everyone else the moment they stop having a reason to work with the party. But you already knew that, didn't you? This topic probably has a 60% chance of being bait, right?
>>
File: de6.jpg (76 KB, 831x445) Image search: [Google]
de6.jpg
76 KB, 831x445
>>
>>44004695
Literally nothing in this topic was specific to DnD.
>>
>>44004663
This.
It's good for some thought experiments or if you have that one guy who's actually a mole planted by the DM.
For general play it's not effective, however.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 453x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 453x435
This thread is 100% certified edge.

Sociopaths can be good or bad depending on their goals, and people thinking sociopath = 'lel ima scam erryone I meet' when it's actually more beneficial to retain friendship and companionship with them.
>>
File: 1442294830539.jpg (10 KB, 512x180) Image search: [Google]
1442294830539.jpg
10 KB, 512x180
>>44005010
I'm a diagnosed sociopath. I think I know a little more about sociopathy than you.
>>
>>44005094
that's strange because no doctor would diagnose you with a non-medical made up term
>>
>>44003691
>>44005094
>>
>>44003685

Husubando tier
>>
>>44005133
Sociopath just means someone on the extreme of the anti-social personality disorder
>>
>>44005150
He was a surprisingly good character, yeah.
>>
I'm playing Ravenloft right now, so we'll all be playing sociopaths by the end.
>>
File: edges.gif (5 KB, 166x164) Image search: [Google]
edges.gif
5 KB, 166x164
>>44005094
I'm a diagnosed geometrist, I think I know a little more about edginess than you.
>>
>>44003648
Eh, once. Somebody who had his sense of empathy stolen by the fae.

It was resolved after a few dozen sessions and he was a normal dude again after that.
>>
>>44005176
Psychiatrists never tell anyone they have a personality disorder, because roughly 100% of people will then use that "diagnosis" as an excuse for future behavior.

This is how we know anon is completely full of edgy shit.
>>
File: spacelawyer.jpg (23 KB, 325x200) Image search: [Google]
spacelawyer.jpg
23 KB, 325x200
I played a space lawyer once He wasn't much of a sociopath though. He just didn't show remorse in a situation involving the death of several members of his crew. The game wasn't that great and I can share stories if anyone is interested
>>
Characters like that usually just get shat on in the campaigns I play in. Not intentionally, they just end up getting excluded from stuff by circumstance.
>>
Current character, has been screwing the party and pretty much everyone else over every step of the way. All made only slightly more difficult due to almost the entire party actively trying to stop him every step of the way.

Currently trying to think up a way to accomplish his greatest caper yet, and successfully steal the private vehicle of a powerful city's de facto ruler.
>>
>>44003648
errr maybe? I played a pretty evil character once. Not sure if he was a straight up sociopath but he didn't really pay kind to anybody else's feelings.
>>
>>44003648
I've role-played the secent of a normal man into a sociopath at least two or three times. I've also played a few borderline sociopaths, but the only time I roleplayed a dyed in the wool sociopath was as a barbarian a few years ago.
>>
>>44004728
>Literally nothing in this topic was specific to DnD.
Most of the PC sociopaths I've seen have been D&D "but there's an Evil alignment, so that's alright, right?" alternately "I'm Chaotic Neutral! *skins baby*"

Personally, I play sociopaths all the time. I'm the GM though, I think being a sociopath comes with the territory.

Heeh heeh.
>>
>>44016296
Not necessarily sociopath, just sadist. Though it's important to balance suffering and fun for the players.
>>
>>44016296

god we get it, you have autism
>>
I kill players that play sociopaths. Treat them like how actual people would treat sociopaths teaches the shitter a lesson real quick.
>>
>>44016736
>I kill players

No you don't.

And more importantly if they're real sociopaths, you wouldn't know it.
>>
No. I'm only allowed to make the most generic characters possible.
>>
>>44016764
>if they're real sociopaths, you wouldn't know it
Depends. Some (perhaps most) sociopath have above average intelligence and figure that even if they don't "feel" the human emotions it's for the best to fake them not to raise suspicion.
But it's certainly not all of them and there's bound to be some "honest" ones - still, you might not be sure if the person is genuine sociopath or just an asshole, so yeah.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 360x360
wood-elf/beastman (merc)

>other player (mage) gets assaulted by another player who just made his entry (rouge)
>put my sword through both of them since dodging would be hard
>friend survives with -2hp
>rouge gets a crit, -4hp
>i smash the rouge's head with the pommel
>i heal the mage to 5hp
>rouge player is fucking pissed , but eventually just makes a new , identical character (but other looks and background)
>meet the nig in a tavern greet him and tell him how i was almost killed by a bandit
>>
>>44016957
correction
>i put my sword trough both since the rouge is holding the mage with a knife on the throat , making him unable to dodge
>>
>>44014522
>decent into sociopathic behavior
I am a sucker for decent/redemption stories although I do tend to when playing lean toward Redemption stories.
Right now I am playing
>Alcoholic former smuggler and human trafficker trying to get right with The Lord
>>
>>44003648
Do Spehss Mehreens count?
>>
>>44016296
if somebody says there chaotic neutral and then acts chaotic evil then I just change there alignment no big deal.
>>
>>44016980
same. shitty stories are painful, decent stories can be fun.
>>
>>44008321
good /v/ meme, my /b/rother

upvoted
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.