[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Vintage "Secret" Tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Vintage MTG Snuff Out.jpg (160 KB, 702x965) Image search: [Google]
Vintage MTG Snuff Out.jpg
160 KB, 702x965
If you the meta is shops.

Snuff Out 3B (alternative cost 4 life gets around Lodestone Golem, Trinisphere, and Chalice)

+ Another "free" spell for Vintage
>>
>>44001258
if you the English is not language...
>>
It doesn't get around Trinisphere. Nothing gets around Trinisphere.
>>
>>44001314

>Engrishu
>>
>>44001346
Lodestone and Trinisphere additional costs apply after alternate costs. Free spells like Force of Will still cost mana to play if one of them is in play.
>>
>>44001346
Your mom gets around trinisphere
(Thank you for replying, I have had that joke lined up for a while)
>>
>>44001346
Actually, Delve and Convoke get around Trinisphere, since you technically paid the cost.
Phyrexian mana doesn't though, since its technically cost reduction.
>>
>>44001417
Treasure cruise in storm is good because it can get around the trinisphere.
Sweet, that is good to know.
>>
>>44001460
That's actually a recent rules change - before khans was released, delve was a cost REDUCTION and not a cost PAYMENT. I'm guessing they decided to take a second look, last time it didn't matter as much because it was only on three cards (and only 1 of them saw any significant play)

I really should consult with a judge on whether paying 2 life for a phyrexian mana spell counts as paying the mana cost. Because that's how you pay for pMana, with life.
>>
>>44001417
okay, I checked, and you're right but for the wrong reason. Phy mana isn't a cost reduction. But it DOES mean you're paying less actual mana, and that's what trinisphere procs off.

take dismember, it costs 1pBpB. if you pay the pB's with swamps, then you paid 3 mana so you're good. If you paid 1 and 4 life, it's only been one mana, so you need to pay 2 more.

Ironically enough, this means you can cast dismember for 3 colorless with trinisphere out (but you still need to pay 4 life)
>>
>>44001378
You should note that Lodestone and Trinisphere extra costs don't add up. So a spell that costs 2 normally will cost 3 if both are in play.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.