[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would the ramifications of having snakes for hair be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: tumblr_mx36bg9cjQ1qzespeo1_500.gif (997 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx36bg9cjQ1qzespeo1_500.gif
997 KB, 480x270
What would the ramifications of having snakes for hair be?
>>
File: tumblr_njn1tmx2Du1svn9hfo3_500.gif (748 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njn1tmx2Du1svn9hfo3_500.gif
748 KB, 500x206
Addendum: If they are poisonous, you are immune to their poison.
>>
Just hair hair or all body hair?
>>
>>43999987
Can you control them?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
Dandruff from hell.
>>
>>44000015
This.
>>
Well, for one, you would have a very straight, limp hair whenever it was cold outsise. They'd get more active on hot days and/or if you walked in the sun

Probably snapping at anyone that gets too close depending on how aggressive they are
>>
>>43999998
Venomous, you mean?
>>
>>43999987
Can you control them, or at least stop them from striking out? Will they continue growing?

>>43999998
Being immune to the poison is nice but if the fucking snakes attached to your head are biting you, you still have some problems.
>>
you would always have a cool head.

>>44000000
>>
>>43999987
You would be a gorgon.
>>
>>44000047
Poisonous too, I mean, chances are their circulation is connected with yours.
>>
>>44000049
snakebite nipple play, though
>>
File: medusa-madness.jpg (73 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
medusa-madness.jpg
73 KB, 565x800
>>44000101
I know, right?
>>
Unless you manually control them, you'd have to feed them even if they don't strictly need to eat, just to avoid them cannibalizing each other. And feeding them would take hours due to the care needed to ensure that they all get some food and don't fight over it.
For an idea of what this entails, look up what people have to do to feed two headed snakes and then multiply it by a fucking lot.
>>
>>44000178
>Unless you manually control them, you'd have to feed them even if they don't strictly need to eat, just to avoid them cannibalizing each other
You actually can't feed them. Where would their food even go to? From where would they poop?
>>
>>44000211
Into your head. You'd need to shitpost a lot to relieve the shitty ideas on your mind all the time.
>>
File: S77Abws.jpg (126 KB, 594x800) Image search: [Google]
S77Abws.jpg
126 KB, 594x800
You can give better blowjobs and be entertained by feeding them little bits of mouse
>>
File: Genuinly funny.jpg (32 KB, 500x244) Image search: [Google]
Genuinly funny.jpg
32 KB, 500x244
>>43999987
Apparently it causes you to turn people into stone whenever you look at them
>>
>>44000066
that's not how venom glands work anon.
>>
>>44000544
So, you think putting snake blood into your own circulation would turn out fine?
>>
>>44000610

I think his point is that is wholly unrelated to their venom as snakes do not circulate their own venom through their body, which is what you implied when you posted >>44000066

Regardless, you are both being autists because you're autistically defending your improper usage of poisonous and he's being autistic for correcting you when everyone knew what you meant anyway, so shut up both of you.
>>
>>44000847
I didn't post that. I also didn't see any implication of the venom being in their blood there, I thought calling them poisonous in this context was actually valid.
>>
File: 1447604820005.jpg (20 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
1447604820005.jpg
20 KB, 800x535
>>43999987
Snake kisses.
>>
>>43999987
Barbers just got a lot more bad ass.
>>
>>43999987

Good luck ever getting a kiss.

Unless you think it still counts when it's a kiss on your other lips.
>>
>>44000610
If they're part of your body it wouldn't be snake blood, it would be your blood.
>>
>>44002401
That's one interpretation. Another would be that they are connected to your bloodstream without being a part of your body. And yet another would be that they aren't connected to your bloodstream in the first place.
>>
>>43999987
>bad Dandruff
>Cant wear hats or earmuffs
>have to feed your head
>360 thermographic vision though
>also great sense of smell
>be someones fetish probably

anything else?
>>
>>43999987
Being best girl, for one.
>>
>>44002558
The slow creeping loss of self as the cluster of parasitic "snakes" rebuilds your mind while they mature?
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

1) If one of the snakes is cut off, two will grow back in its place
2) The snakes are all of one distinct type and breed, and will viciously attack all other snakes
3) The snakes are all of one sex (your own), and will viciously attack anyone of the opposite sex
4) The snakes can spit projectile venom a moderate distance
5) You have limited control over the venom the snakes produce, and can modify it to a number of useful pharmaceutical or recreational mixtures (muscle relaxant, truth serum, hallucinogen)
6) You can only feed through the mouths of the snakes
7) You can only keep down the typical food of the snakes - mice, crickets, small animals, etc. You typically prefer live food.
8) The snakes' bodies and your body are cold-blooded
9) The snakes are actually a parasitic organism that has fused with your own body, with a separate mind.
10) Each of the snake heads has a separate mind. You get a blinding headache during any prolonged argument.
11) The snakes are long and have a lot of muscular power, but their fusion with your nervous system has rendered you paralyzed below the neck.
12) You can pull the snakes out of your scalp seamlessly and use them as weapons.
13) You're actually a type of zombie, kept alive by the snake colony joining with you moments after your death.
14) The snake hair is the larval stage of a hydra whose egg was laid in your head.
15) Each of the snakes has a personality representing one particular emotion.
16) All of your body hair is composed of snakes, not just the hair on your scalp.
17) You only have one snake, but it's a huge constrictor ponytail
18) If you cut off a snake it turns back into a normal hair, but one that's highly poisonous to touch or consume for most humanoids.
19) The snakes are completely charmed by flute music.
20) If all the snakes act in unison, they can seize control of your own body.
>>
>>44003167
>16) All of your body hair is composed of snakes, not just the hair on your scalp
Male medusa with massive beard of snakes? Surely someone has drawn this at some point?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>44003167
Rollin
>>
>>44003167
>19) The snakes are completely charmed by flute music.

Snakes have terrible hearing (it's closer to just picking up vibrations). They react to the flute moving.
>>
>>44003325
These snakes are tapped into your nervous system and can hear through your ears.
>>
>>44000178
I'd assume they're connected to your bloodstream so they get nutrients from your blood.
>>
>>44003325
Wow, even the snake hair of a medusa attached to the head of a human body? That's incredible, I had no idea medusa biology worked like that.
>>
>>44003246
I know I've seen lady gorgons with snek pubes before.
>>
>>44003341
Literally doesn't matter. Most snakes feed on a biological timer, not because they're hungry. Those two headed snakes only "need" to eat from one head to be fed, since they only have one digestive system between them, but will fight over food if they aren't both fed and even if you prevent them from fighting, the one that wasn't fed will drag around the other one while looking for food.
>>
Well for one you would be forbidden from going to school or college unless they were private institutions.
Second, you'd have to find some other way of washing your "hair" since I'm pretty sure snakes are really sensitive to chemicals.
Third, unless you have some form of control over them you'll have a hard time keeping friends because of snake bites.
Fourth, scale dandruff.
Fifth, what happens when they get too long? Are they permanently gone if you get one cut off? How fast do they grow?
Sixth, if they don't require feeding from the snake head, how many extra calories will you have to consume on a daily basis to feed them?
Seventh, You'll be seen as a freak (but Halloween will be awesome for you).
Eighth, in the modern world (or in America) you're likely to either get shot, swarmed by the media, or kidnapped and whisked away to a government laboratory.
>>
>>44003553
I don't think they'd do the kidnapping thing. They've got big enough budgets that they can just pay you to show up and run some tests without any of that potential rioting and/or legal smackdown they'd get if the Supreme Court got wind of it.
>>
>>44003553
>Well for one you would be forbidden from going to school or college unless they were private institutions.
Literally why? Bedel at my college has pet snake, would walk around with it every once in a while when checking campus ground (weather permitting, not now in the winter ofc) and nobody says shit.

For everything else there's always massive afro wig/snake nest.
>>
>>44003553
>or kidnapped and whisked away to a government laboratory.
It's really retarded that so many people believe shit like this.
>>
>>44003635
Yeah. You'd be much more likely to be kidnapped by a private laboratory or maybe just religious crazies.
>>
>>44003629
Because of the third reason. It's fine if you have a pet snake in a purse or something, but 40 snakes attached to your head with little control over their aggression would be such a insurance risk no business would risk it.
>>
>>44003553
Reason nine, nobody would give you a "normal" job.
Reason ten, probably have a hard (or easier) time driving with all those snakes in the way.
Reason eleven, you're a risk to other drivers as a massive distraction so insurance might be harder to find.
>>
>>44000937
It is, albeit archaically. There's been a push amongst newer biologists and internet autists, but as someone who got their zoology bachelor's in the 80s and recently confirmed this from a herpetology PhD who is near retirement, older biologists don't sweat the difference this much. Maybe entomologists did in the past since it's more of an issue for them.
>>
>>44003925
Being pedantic about vocabulary is rarely important. It's like the clips and magazines thing with firearms. Everybody knows what you mean when you say it.
>>
>>43999987
Going in for a kiss just got a whole lot more interesting
>>
>>44004038
>Kill a snake haired girl
>All the snakes start licking you softly and gumming you as you kiss
>>
>>44003711
>40 snakes attached to your head with little control over their aggression
Just make a fucking cage hat.
>>
>>44003711
snakes attack when they
a) think the victim can be eaten
b) feel threatened and desperate
assuming the hair-snakes would be like 1" thick, point a) is out of question for humans, and assuming you won't literally rub your face in the hair, b) doesn't apply either
>>
>>43999987
I'm making a snake-haired character for my next ERP and this thread looks like it will be a great help, especially >>44003167
>>
>>44004130
Sudden movement might surprise them enough for b) to be relevant. Especially considering that they are basically bolted down and cannot retreat more than a few inches.
>>
>>44003430
Most snakes aren't attached to human heads.

>>44004079
The word "gumming" is permanently and irrevocably associated with yoda so much that it's impossible to appreciate that. Almost too much to notice that you wrote kill.
>>
>>44004131
>tfw when your random charts are used for evil
>>
>>44004162
Sure it's also a matter of the way the snakes act. After all, you may not be able to directly control them, but they should be at least somewhat adapted to living with in the situation they're in.

>>44004168
Holy shit, I did. That was not intended.
>>
>>44000015
Would they shed? Maybe you could save up their old leathers and make cordage out of them.

Also, how long would they get? Getting them too long would be a problem if you accidentally shit on them.
>>
>>44004220
>you accidentally shit on them.
I really hope you meant "Step"
>>
>>44004233
No. Shitting on them is going to be a bigger problem.
>>
>>44004220
Hopefully you can train them to stay out of the toilet.
>>
>>44004179
I like 20, but I think 15 and 18 will work better for roleplaying purposes. 16 is well of course and 19 is a cute touch.
>>
>>44004246
Do you think people with long hair regularly shit on that hair?
>>
>>44003711

People put their hair in nets all the time.

You'd just tie them back with three or four heavy nylon or leather bands and get angrily nipped after work every day.

Would get distracting when they get worked up and your ponytail tries to thrash out of its bows...
>>
>>44004293
I feel like they could be pretty well trained, especially when you consider how early you'd start doing it.
>>
>>44004288
Only they're careful. But I would imagine it would be even harder with snake hairs wriggling all over all the time.
>>
>>44004280
If you actually get mileage out of 18 then your game is probably eRPG rather than ERPG, if that makes sense? I would have thought that 5 and 8 would have mileage in ero content, but frankly you should just rewrite the whole thing to better suit that. And add like 80 more things. A random chart can never be too big.
>>
>>44003708
SCP Foundation.
>>
>>44004322

Depends, I'd assume a younger gorgon would have decently well behaved hair, but adolescence would potentially influence the snakes.

Additionally, there's the complex issue of sensory sharing between the snakes and the human; Binding of the snakes may translate to restlessness or frustration of the human.
>>
>>44004344
>then your game is probably eRPG rather than ERPG, if that makes sense?
That's the kind I like.

>I would have thought that 5 and 8 would have mileage in ero content,
You're right about 5 and 8, and 4 and 6 could be good too.

>but frankly you should just rewrite the whole thing to better suit that. And add like 80 more things. A random chart can never be too big.
Agreed. /tg/, can you help out with the medusa chart?
>>
File: 1359594778188.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1359594778188.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>44004361

Not really; Women with snakes on her head? Safe as shit. They'd pick you up, interview you and probably let you go after administering amnesiac. They wouldn't give a shit about a person with fancy hair unless you started turning people to stone or seeing the future
>>
>>44004420
That's kind of neat. I've never really had the whim or the wherewithal to seek out that kind of game but the vast majority of ero RP just seems to be meet-and-fuck. If you've got an actual game going just with that element included, props to you.

Not trying to be a prude or anything, I actually got into RPing through these really convoluted, explicit, historical things I was a part of for a while
>>
File: 1138989047204.jpg (43 KB, 309x407) Image search: [Google]
1138989047204.jpg
43 KB, 309x407
>>43999987
If we're talking realistic medusa here's how I'd imagine it working:
>The snakes aren't literally full snakes just hooked into your head. They are a full part of your body with shared circulatory and nervous systems.
>This means you can feel pain if you accidentally hurt one.
>You can't control them directly, but they don't act like regular snakes. (I.E. No fighting, trying to eat when they lack digestive systems.)
>Snakes are really controlled by your subconscious. They will follow things or people you're subconsciously interested in (for example, if the person you secretly like walks into the room, all the snakes will turn to look and will follow them and will stare until they leave the room)
>If you feel very threatened they will lash out at anything in reach.
>Snakes produce a mildly paralyzing venom that you're mostly immune to. You can get them to inject it at will if you concentrate really hard.
>What they see or smell is added to your perception. Overpowering smells give you a headache.
>They don't like being covered up under hoods or hats and will try to wriggle out.
>They hate being in water and will panic and struggle to keep their heads above water if you submerge yourself.
>As you get older you gain more control over them.
>>
>>44004489
>but the vast majority of ero RP just seems to be meet-and-fuck.
I know. It's tiresome having to wade through that, but it's relatively easy to spot when someone else wants something more too.

>>44004561
I like most of these. In particular, snakes controlled by your subconscious. Your subconscious can be a kind of hivemind, and if individual snakes get killed, you're not really losing a pet.

I'll also make them very fine snakes, not big ones, so they can pass for normal hair easier and don't act so much like a bunch of extra heads.
>>
how would the snakes deal with cold temperatures? do they get to be endothermic because they're attached to a human? is the human pained or otherwise hindered by the cold?
>>
>>44005525
They would be endothermic but extra skin surface means that they would cause you to get colder, faster.
>>
Shaved head would be your best bet, rather than seeping snake shot all over your head, scaring small children, accidentally poisoning people, and so on.
>>
>>44005951
Shaving off snake heads would be like sticking your fingers in to a lawn mower.
>>
>>44004456
have you even read the setting? SCP is 40k levels of grimderp, they only 'contain' things that are useful TO THEM or have the potential to be dangerous.
completely safe but odd paranormal objects are always destroyed, and humans demonstrating any sort of supernatural behavior are killed as a first priority if there isn't anything unique that would merit them getting strapped down in a 'happy room'

your snakefu is good as dead, because SCP will keep the status quo at any cost.
>>
>>44004561
I really like all of these, it's pretty much exactly the way I'd do it, but with one addition:
>The snakes only grow to a set length
Because fuck cutting your snakes. Although I'm not sure what the length would be determined by; Age? Will? Something completely different?
>>
>>44006534
I'd assume length would be based mainly on genetic luck-of-the-draw. In a setting with advanced medical science, surgery to adjust it might be possible.
>>
>>44006534
It's probably best to be determined solely by genes. Snakes grow as you do, but stay the same length proportionally as you age. The average person get shoulder length snakes give or take a few inches. Those who wind up at the extreme ends of the bell curve can wind up with 4-foot-long snakes getting into everything and being a general nuisance, or sad little stubby snakes.
>>
File: caramo2.jpg (13 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
caramo2.jpg
13 KB, 300x225
>>44005466
>>
>>44004561
Totally doing this with my next character (if the GM allows it of course).
>>
>>44006624
>>44006659
>In a setting with advanced medical science, surgery to adjust it might be possible.
>Surgery to change the length of a few tens/hundreds of spines while ensuring that they maintain full functionality.
That's some pretty fucking advanced medical science, getting some serious Franken Fran vibes from it.

>Genetics
>Proportionally
Both sound like pretty good, very realistic ideas, but are both a little too heavy for me since you would be stuck with your snake length for your entire life even if you might want longer/shorter snakes.
>>
>>44006485
>completely safe but odd paranormal objects are always destroyed, and humans demonstrating any sort of supernatural behavior are killed as a first priority if there isn't anything unique that would merit them getting strapped down in a 'happy room'
No, those are contained as well.
>>
Depends.
>>
>>44004288
I speak for many male anons when I acknowledge that I do have hair in between my ass cheeks.
I can't imagine that living snake hair would be happy with being shat upon.
>>
File: consider.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
consider.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>44000271
but if you feed them do you have shit for brains?
>>
Wouldn't the guys with hair have long snakes too because of the genetics and the fact that cutting your snakes off every 6 months would be really fucking painful
>>
>>44007026
It's a bit of a bleeding of site policy into the fiction, but slightly paranormal humans are always written to be killed off as part of the "no sues" rules.
And you probably missed the document of "minor paranormal objects", most of which were destroyed after it was concluded they were safe, including a rock that can glow like a flashlight and a pencil that writes "help I'm trapped in a pencil" (for the edge value).

>>44007184
Guys would just have a giant anthropomorphic snake head, don't you into sexual dimorphism anon?
>>
>>43999987
You will never be comfortable because you've got reptiles on a mammal body. When it's hot enough for your hair to be happy, it's too hot for your body. When the temperature is right for your body, your hair is cold.

Plus, when you're in bed, you're always laying on a bunch of your head snakes.
>>
>>44007184
Yeah. The only reason guys hair is short is because society makes it ugly for a male to have long hair.
>>
File: Medusa.png (671 KB, 500x863) Image search: [Google]
Medusa.png
671 KB, 500x863
>>43999987

Well for starters, shaving would be incredibly painful, essentially self-mutilation. The ones under your arms and in other areas where the sun doesn't usually shine will probably be very uncomfortable and keep nipping you until you give them space to move around unrestricted. All in all, I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
File: 1303274606477.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1303274606477.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>44007396
no no no no no noooo! No snakes in the snizz!!!
>>
>>44007312
I'd imagine that insomnia would be quite common with snake hair people.
>>
>>44007312
One assumes that by being attached, you're not dealing with those issues.

For example, the snakes might actually be endothermic, being attached to your body.

And there's proper ways to lay in bed without it being too uncomfortable, I'm sure. It's entirely possible the snakes have no need to breathe, after all, so laying on top of them with your head might not be anything other than a minor inconvenience, or hell, they may like it.

Imagine all your snek hair curing up as a pillow for you.
>>
>>44007396
>incredibly painful

If you pulled them off, would you die?
>>
>>44007396
>The ones under your arms and in other areas where the sun doesn't usually shine will probably be very uncomfortable and keep nipping you until you give them space to move around unrestricted.
Loose tops and skirts. Problem solved.
>>
>>44007851

>Gorgon's skirt starts being tented in multiple places when she gets excited.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>44007800
For you
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 1000x1000
Imagine a proper naga with snake hair. Like pic
>>
>>44003167
>16) All of your body hair is composed of snakes, not just the hair on your scalp.
>>44003363
Links?
>tfw a snake pubed girl will never sit on your face
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>44003167
I'm half convince that you're just this one anon, going around fitting threads and making roll charts. I just want to say, good on you for exercising your creative juices, these things are great.
>>
File: 7WmjK6S[1].png (436 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
7WmjK6S[1].png
436 KB, 1280x1280
>>44008523
>Snake-ception
What about snek tits?
>>
>>44008523
One of my pet settings has those as the local gorgon, being naga women who've been cursed/blessed by a particular goddess. They've got the mermaid-style human upper body thing going on though.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>44003167
Sneksneksnek
>>
>>44009240
Snek your booty?
>>
>>44008942
I mean that is literally what I do but it's pretty dependent on my mood. I don't always make it to 1d20 either (although I've gone over a couple of times).

I'd like to be more consistent in doing it because a lot of my worldbuilding is based on random charts, I could honestly talk for fucking hours about how great random gen is for running games, and posting daft shit here on /tg/ is good practice.
>>
>>44007396
hawt
>>
Would telling a gorgon/other snake-haired creature that you're going to give them a haircut be a credible threat? Would you expect them to accede to your demands if you made that threat?

That would be a really dickish threat to make, though.
>>
How would the renai circulation of blood between you and the snakes work?
>>
>>44009537
Oh, the two-tone gorgon actually works pretty well.
>>
>>43999987

How intelligent are the snakes? Are they independent of, or a part of the "host" body in terms of mentality? Alternatively, are they more like colony organisms? Would a gorgon qualify as a "super-organism", a collection of distinct beings acting under one will?
>>
>>44009577
The snakes are probably not intelligent themselves.
>>
What if they were only longer the older they get, once they reach the average lifespan of a regular snake, they die out only to be replace by a new snake, which of course would be short.
>>
>Snakes are really controlled by your subconscious. They will follow things or people you're subconsciously interested in (for example, if the person you secretly like walks into the room, all the snakes will turn to look and will follow them and will stare until they leave the room)

This is beyond adorable.
>>
File: 70c.png (690 KB, 600x1025) Image search: [Google]
70c.png
690 KB, 600x1025
>>44010502
I imagine it could get a little creepy if you didn't know WHY the colony of dozens of snakes stared at you.
So you just had their little dark eyes following you. Always.
>>
>>44000178
Put a cardboard tube over each snake. Drop one mouse into each tube. Done. Time consuming, but should be well under an hour.
>>
do you have to feed them? Would they poop all over your head?
>>
>>44010624
One assumes that if they had a digestive system, it would lead to yours.

Imagine being able to feed all of them and thus eat yourself.
>>
>>44003430
>Most snakes feed on a biological timer, not because they're hungry.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>44010548
>"O-oh my, they've never done that before. I'm really sorry."

Hngh
>>
File: shark scared.png (249 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
shark scared.png
249 KB, 421x500
>>44010548

Good thing I'm ugly and unlikeable, snakes are scary
>>
>>44004011
Except clearly not, because anon thought snakes had poison in their blood.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>44003167
rolling
>>
File: 1448171802346.jpg (143 KB, 511x810) Image search: [Google]
1448171802346.jpg
143 KB, 511x810
>>44010688
Snek ain't scare.

>>44010670
>tsundere hairsneklady
>>
>>44004561
I am using this the next time I get to play my Medusa character.
>>
>>44010729
That's not really tsundere, it's just normal embarrassment.
>>
File: skeleton scared.jpg (26 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
skeleton scared.jpg
26 KB, 352x370
>>44010729

Snakes are super scary
>>
>>44010797
But the snakes wouldn't be all looking at the person unless she was really interested in them for whatever reason.
>>
>>44010729
I really really want more of these cute Python images.
>>
What kind of snake makes the best hair?
>>
>>44006690
Bitch, that's a lizard
>>
>>44010825
I'd imagine that pythons would. They'd just kinda curl up on themselves and each other, giving you a big, scaly snake-fro. And your head would always be warm.
>>
>>44010812
There's lots of options between tsundere and deredere, plenty of which can have her not outright confessing her love. She could legitimately not realize it and be confused by how her snakes are acting, she could be trying to act cool and calm to make him like her, or she could just be shy.
>>
>>44010872
Sounds more like a boa desu
>>
>>44010971
For all intents and purposes except taxonomy they're the same fucking thing.
>>
File: expert_yuzu.jpg (123 KB, 580x360) Image search: [Google]
expert_yuzu.jpg
123 KB, 580x360
>>44004561
> You can't control them directly
> Snakes are really controlled by your subconscious.
> If you feel very threatened they will lash out at anything in reach.
> They don't like being covered up under hoods or hats and will try to wriggle out.
> They hate being in water and will panic and struggle to keep their heads above water if you submerge yourself.
People can learn to control many functions like heartbeat rate given training (e.g. via biofeedback 機械), so controlling your snakes should be much, much simpler, unless there are some neurological hijinks involved (but then that wouldn't make sense, and what you wrote points to that not being the case), but then it wouldn't work your way anyway. It would be reasonable to have the snakes share their entire neural system with you, which would essentially make them another set of quasi-limbs instead of anything like actual snakes. Also, the snakes would have to be warm-blooded and, really, rewired so much they might not resemble any real snakes much visually.

Your picture hurts to look at. That's soul-condemning animal cruelty right there.
>>
>>44011032
It is snakes.
For hair.

Science long ago stopped making sense.
>>
>>44010806
You are super scary, faggot
>>
File: 1235235457093.jpg (99 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1235235457093.jpg
99 KB, 550x550
>>44011081
> le if it doesn't exist IRL you can throw all the logic out meme
I wish I knew where you live so I could burn your house while you were sleeping in it to teach little piece of human excrement like you a lesson.
>>
>>44011133
*Insert shadow the hedgehog "ow the edge" meme here*
>>
>>44009536
It wold be like threatening to cut someone's fingers or finger like appendages
>>
File: Lycodon_capucinus.jpg (464 KB, 1008x669) Image search: [Google]
Lycodon_capucinus.jpg
464 KB, 1008x669
>>44011032
So would Gorgons have different kinds of Snek hair depending on where they're from? Marshland Gorgons would have Cottonmouth, Arid environment Gorgons would have Rattlesnake, your typical temperate kind would have various Garter/Ratsnake, people from the Indian Sub-continent area would have Cobra, and Indonesians would have a cute Wolfsnake (pic related)

Any other ideas?
>>
File: ultimatescary.jpg (17 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
ultimatescary.jpg
17 KB, 400x311
>>44010806
>>
File: skeleton.gif (395 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.gif
395 KB, 450x450
>>44011099

Gasp
>>
>>44011133
Being supernatural monsters, often created by divine intervention or somesuch unnatural force, it does seem reasonable to imagine they might not operate entirely according to mundane biology.
>>
>>44011032
Sorry, >>44011185 here, didn't mean to quote you. Posting on mobile is a pain.
>>
>>44011203
Actually, snakes with that kind of skull to to not be too dangerous to humans, since that specialized fang is designed more to latching on and injecting veneom into something that is already being eaten, so when humans are bitten its less common for them to get poisoned, and in most species the venom isn't that dangerous.

The exception is spitting cobras, but that's because their inner fang is modified to squirt caustic venom.
>>
File: Vqayvr0.jpg (110 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
Vqayvr0.jpg
110 KB, 500x661
>>44011009
>>
>>44011185
I like your idea, though it does raise the question of what the case would be for those of mixed ancestry.

There is one obvious benefit to having several stalk semi-heads: eyes. A gorgon should be able to have as many fields of vision as they have eyes, though snake eyes should give a, what's the word, weaker? image, as is the case with spiders; also, this raises the issue of differences of perception, though I'd say fuck it and have gorgons have what snakes have, perhaps a bit toned down.
>>44011230
Rule number one of making sense of the impossible is to make as few assumptions as possible. There is no reason to assume laws of nature as we know them don't apply to mythical critters apart from what has to be allowed for the critters to be capable of existing in the first place. Occam's Razor is key when speaking about fantasy.
>>44011203
Literally cats.
> people liking cats but hating snakes
The former evolved to resemble the latter, so what in the fuck are you scared of?
>>
>>44011032
>Your picture hurts to look at. That's soul-condemning animal cruelty right there.
They're snecks. They like wrapping and coiling around shit.
>>
>>44011476
When was the last time you tied your hair into braids? You never do it too tight, but one way or another, it would be excruciatingly painful for any living being, especially for sneks.
>>
>>44011547
I guess her hairsneks have jellybones.
>>
>>44011547
>excruciatingly painful

Would the snakes rather be pulled off?
>>
>>44011577
No, they're just cartilaginous snakes
>>
>>44011577
It would hurt even without any bones. Hair compression is a thing, flesh compression… isn't.
>>44011634
That leaves images in my head more disturbing than I'd have any image in my head be.
>>
>>44011577
>the sneks don't actually have vertebrae, rather strong muscle control and a mesoderm of tightly woven keratin fiber. They literally have a ropey spine
>>
>>44011655
>Hair compression is a thing, flesh compression… isn't
Wut?
>>
>>44011285
That's a king cobra skull, man, they inject about 400 mg of venom per bite. I read somewhere that it isn't particularly potent, but that's a LOT of it.
I think they're not a big health issue because they prefer to avoid confrontation.

The venom from spitting cobras isn't caustic, you can get sprayed with it and as long as it doesn't reach an open wound or your eyes it won't do shit.
>>
>>44011679
Even if you are obese, you cannot compress yourself much, and then there is applying lethal force to the whole body. You'd be screaming in agony if it were done to you.
>>
>>44011790
Take your hand, relax your opposite forearm, and squeeze it. Notice how the flesh is easily displaced. In fact, it displaces in essentially any direction, making it more compressible than hair under the only definition of compressible that would apply to hair outside a diamond anvil cell.
>>
>>44011946
Hair is compressible in the sense that strands of hair are. Living flesh cannot be compared to hair in such respect, and braiding is more than just compressing, so it would kill the snek and leave it to suffer horribly in its last hours.
>>
>>44011691
It's also the same basic jaw structure of the snake in >>44011203 and its pretty nonvenomous. While snakes with a Proteroglyphous head structure can be venomous, it can be a crap shoot as its designed more for injecting a creature they're trying to hang on to, rather than a quick pump bite like in solenoglyph. Granted I will give you that the former can me more venomous than the latter, its still less convenient/likely for the protero to bite and inject a large creature like a human, than a soleno species like a viper.
>>
>>44012060
I'm still confused about how braiding is compression in the first place. They don't appear to be at all tight or knotted. They're just layered.
>>
>>44003167
I'm saving this for later. Who knows when something like this will be useful.
>>
File: conceal.jpg (13 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
conceal.jpg
13 KB, 305x165
>>43999987

Always have friends around to talk to and share your feelings with, even if they can't talk back.
>>
>>44000101
I see you like to live dangerously anon
>>
>>44012207
Just look up any braiding video and stop making ignorant assumptions, senpai.
>>
File: 1346920993448.png (115 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
1346920993448.png
115 KB, 420x600
>>44011032
I went in with the assumption we're talking about the traditional snake-hair gorgon, not something like MTG's tentacle-head gorgons, So I was looking to keep the appeal of the gorgon, and figure out how it would work more realistically. That said, I'm not opposed to revising my ideas to make even more sense.

I'll concede the snakes being hard to control doesn't make sense, but at the same time, their movements being fully in control doesn't fit with the image of a gorgon I'm sure most people have. For a mostly non-magical being, your hair literally having a mind of its own doesn't really work, but I think still looking like a snake and acting like a snake at least part of the time are key gorgon/medusa elements.

I think it would make sense if they worked in a manner similar to a cat's tail. Consciously, you can do whatever you want with them. However, if you're thinking about other things they'll just go on autopilot running on some primal instincts. I'd imagine by default they'd look around, smell the air, and survey the surroundings, keeping an eye on things of interest or potential threats.

Also, as for warm/cold-blooded, the snakes should be whatever the owner is. Warm-blooded probably makes the most sense.

Hmmm, I'm having trouble finding appropriate non-lewd pictures.
>>
>>43999987
>The snake hair-strands are your babies.
>>
>>44012163
Proteroglyph is the dentition of Elapids (though I don't remember if some of them were opistoglyph), which are pretty much all venomous.
What's the point you're trying to make, anon?
Or were you just flaunting your knowledge on sneks? I can relate
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>44007396
Whelp, I just drank my potion of extended venom immunity. I roll to seduce
>>
>>44005817
need that afro wig to keep them insulated
>>
People say snekhair would hate hats. Would they? I thought sneks loved to slither in a warm dark place and nap.
>>
File: MedusaBeach-WEB.jpg (95 KB, 432x318) Image search: [Google]
MedusaBeach-WEB.jpg
95 KB, 432x318
And let's not even get into the difficulty of putting on deodorant.
>>
>>44012060
Do you not know what compression is?
>>
>>44006659
oh gods, balding would be a horrific experience
>>
>>44012290
> the image of a gorgon I'm sure most people have
You're talking about separated neural systems, and that's such a clusterfuck it's simpler to just discard the idea rather than trying to make it believable.
> looking like a snake and acting like a snake at least part of the time are key gorgon/medusa elements
I didn't say you can't have that, it's just that such displays would be merely instinctive on your behalf.
> I think it would make sense if they worked in a manner similar to a cat's tail.
That's exactly the analogy I thought of using, but…
> if you're thinking about other things they'll just go on autopilot running on some primal instincts
But is that really the case with cats? We have no tails and we can't know if cats manipulate their tails always on the same level of consciousness they do with the rest of their bodies; I guess I should look for a study on the subject. Well, one way or another, it doesn't refute your point, since subconscious expressions are a thing.
> by default they'd look around, smell the air, and survey the surroundings, keeping an eye on things of interest or potential threats
Now that's more independence that I consider realistic. Still, it's not like you can't do all of that on your own — we human beings already perform the equivalent of such behaviour instinctively — and considering perceptional input they give, you have all the reason to.
> Also, as for warm/cold-blooded, the snakes should be whatever the owner is.
We are talking about human beings, and if you live anywhere far enough from the equator, you should understand just how important it is to not essentially just sleep through the winters.
>>
File: huggorm_halsebo_800.jpg (118 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
huggorm_halsebo_800.jpg
118 KB, 800x526
https://www.youtube.com/user/viperkeeper/videos

Snakes, venomous.
>>
>>44012666
I do. :^)
>>
>>44012689

That snake looks like a psycho megakiller
>>
>>44012960
It looks cute and cuddly.
>>
>>44011032
I suppose, as far as the mental overhead goes for them moving around the setup could be like an octopus where each head has a sort of sub-brain
>>44011133
that's a bit much
>>
>>44013053
> like an octopus where each head has a sort of sub-brain
Sheeit, I forgot about them. There goes my supposed expertise. Yeah, that's definitely the way to go.
> that's a bit much
It's not nearly enough for the cancer that kills every speculative fiction discussion.
>>
>>44012667
One assumes that, being living extensions of your body and not simply hair, that you wouldn't go bald.
>>
>>44013206
> one day in your forties you wake up and find that your left middle finger has blackened
> with resignation you realise that from today onwards you can officially call yourself an old geeser
> over the course of the next decade, your fingers blacken one by one, until finally one shaving session ends with you leaving a finger in the sink
> you use makeup and prosthetics to hide that, but it does nothing but cause understanding stares from your peers and snickering from your juniors
> by sixty years old you only have your pinkies left, and the right one doesn't look so good
At least it would have been impossible to attack pension system without sounding like complete scum.
>>
>>44007220

Site policy says "no "humanesque" SCP"s because a bunch of fuckers were writing their own fap fuel into the register.

The SCP foundation would have no problem with containing safe SCPs of human enough behavior (mostly because "I think she's safe enough to destroy" is an order of magnitude outside necessary rigor)

That's also assuming the SCP foundation gets there at all, because they're a bit busy dealing with corpses with foot long claws butchering anyone who sees their face to care if "snek lady" spends her days writing poetry in a cabin in Holland.

Then again, it's collaborative fiction, what I think is practical and appropriate for the SCP foundation is not only nugatory, but actively irrelevant.
>>
>>44007220
> don't you into sexual dimorphism anon?
We as a species aren't particularly that dimorphic, and we are slowly moving towards being even less so. There is absolutely no reason why snekpeople would have ridiculous levels of sexual dimorphism.
>>
>>44015406
I suppose they might be referencing the general trend in the media towards having male monster-people be more monstrous-looking while the females are blandly sexy-looking.
>>
>>44015406

There's no reason not to have it either.

It's not a particular evolutionary advantage or disadvantage at the societal level, so it comes down to sexual display and preference.

If the snek people like their men (or more likely women) big and scaled, while they like their partner small and smooth, that's where they'd go over time.

I'll note again, the females are more likely to be the big ones following reptile trends, but that's not a bad thing, and actually is a rather hilarious idea when you consider the potential social dynamic between the sexes.
>>
>>44012506
>Fucking that

You know what they say, never stick your dick in snakes.
>>
>>44009038
>What about snek tits?
There is actually a monster for which this is canon in D&D.
>>
>>43999987
In the cold it would be really uncomfortable having snakes for hair, especially if they sneak out of your hat / headband.
And in the opposite of that, depending on how the snakes actually biologically work, snake hair makes desert travelling more dangerous.
If you get your hair stuck somewhere, or squeezed somewhere - or god even bump into something you are likely to seriously hurt yourself.
>>
>>44002362
Uh, sorry to say it but most people grow hair in other places than their head. Nobody is going to stick their dick in a place when it's surrounded by tiny snakes.
>>
>>44017325
>not wanting little snek kisses on your dick
notmymenzoberranzan.png
>>
>>44017325
>tear long strips of duct tape
>tape all those little mouths shut
>eat that shit out like it's the food of the gods
>enjoy extra stimulation from angry snekpubes
you're not the boss of me
>>
File: 2head1cup.webm (895 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2head1cup.webm
895 KB, 640x360
Would the snakes all be separate or would they be conjoined like this?
>>
>>44003167
roll
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>44003167
rolling
>>
>>44017409
Some would be conjoined, but you can get shampoo for split snakes.
>>
File: 371237327.gif (960 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
371237327.gif
960 KB, 500x281
>>43999987
Being the worst monogatari.
>>
>>44015450
> There's no reason not to have it either.
No, that's not how sexual dimorphism works, you fuck.
> It's not a particular evolutionary advantage or disadvantage at the societal level, so it comes down to sexual display and preference.
You are arguing for what amounts for an additional set of limbs being part of the difference between sexes, and this is so stupid just thinking about it hurts, and that's not touching the issue of it actually fucking mattering. You haven't a single idea what you're talking about.
> If the snek people like their men (or more likely women) big and scaled, while they like their partner small and smooth, that's where they'd go over time.
It's XXI fucking century and you go Lamarck on me? Kill yourself immediately.
> I'll note again
And you've missed the point. Snekpeople would definitely be primates where it counts, with no reptile traits aside from having snek hair.
>>
feeding them if whatever you eat doesn't affect their appetite
hair is dead so would the snakes be dead?
would they just be on your head or would you have snake pubes?
haircuts. if the snakes keep growing they'll get heavier and that'll be a pain. besides, if you cut it you'd have dead snakes hanging from your head.
also they'd snap at people and probably stalk little animals even when they're out of reach.
>>
File: 1443760794712.jpg (235 KB, 702x846) Image search: [Google]
1443760794712.jpg
235 KB, 702x846
>>44003363
>>44003246
Yes. It was drawn on /tg/
>>
>>44010812
They might be surprised by the person entering the room, especially if their "wearer" had headphones in and didn't hear them enter.
>>
>>44015406
>We as a species aren't particularly that dimorphic, and we are slowly moving towards being even less so.
[Citation needed]
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44003167
rollan?
rollan.
>>
>>44018295
>It's XXI fucking century and you go Lamarck on me? Kill yourself immediately.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_selection
>>
>>44018845
Summon as many ape names as you can think of and then compare how their males and females look. Hint: monogamous species have low rates of sexual dimorphism, and vice versa. Now, us? We are going towards monogamy, which will make us lose sexual dimorphism as we go on.
>>44018866
Read above. Snek people are human in most aspects, so this doesn't apply for them one way or another.
>>
>>43999987

Where does the poop go?
>>
File: 1448727972949.png (474 KB, 800x2000) Image search: [Google]
1448727972949.png
474 KB, 800x2000
>>44009038
>>
>>44018963
porn when
>>
>>44002313
We call those hissy kissies
>>
File: Shinobu-nise.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu-nise.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>44002558
>koyomi onii-chan STILL won't notice you and prefers little girls to your presence
>>
>>44018921
they don't poop the undigested leftovers. silly
they regurgitate them
>>
File: xcom_2_snek_tits.png (214 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
xcom_2_snek_tits.png
214 KB, 894x894
>>44018991
Since the trailer.
>>
File: X-COM_snek_tits_2.png (322 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
X-COM_snek_tits_2.png
322 KB, 1200x1200
>>44019068
>>44018963
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>44003167
alright
>>
File: 1431380819476.jpg (65 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1431380819476.jpg
65 KB, 672x434
>>44019095
>>44019068

Welp.The Alliums have won. Cant go against Snake-Tits.
>>
>>44018676
>head hair isn't snakes too
DROPPED
>>
>>44009038
What do her snek-tits have under their boobplate?
>>
>>44019158
More sneks.

What part of snek-ception don't you understand?
>>
Anyone got pics of egyptian snake people?
Gorgons, Nagas, HUmans with serpent head, whatever as long as it has a desert/egyptian theme to it?
>>
>>44008523
What about a naga with human hair? as in tiny human busts popping from the naga's head
>>
File: d43ce33d433de8e590b2d1a56a46c702.png (1001 KB, 1247x710) Image search: [Google]
d43ce33d433de8e590b2d1a56a46c702.png
1001 KB, 1247x710
>>44019140
Fucking furry.
>>
>>44019326
>HUmans with serpent head
We never see snake-people like this, because we expect them to have scales all over, but in an Egyptian-themed setting it makes sense. What twists such snake people have to distinguish them from more regular ones?
>>
>>44008523
>proper Naga
You scalefags are adorable
>>
>>44019678
>We never see snake-people like this
Somebody hasn't been to Sen's Funhouse
>>
File: f1252143987.jpg (68 KB, 649x923) Image search: [Google]
f1252143987.jpg
68 KB, 649x923
>>44008523
>>
>>44018676
>Mustache isn't snakes
>Hair isn't snakes
I'm disappointed, to say the least.
>>
>>44019720
Well at least my version allows for males and females while you lamia fags only want big boob women with a snek lower body.
>>
>>44019537
Technically he'd be a "scaly", though still trash.
>>
>>44020100
That is perfect. Alien yet recognizable, fearsome yet beautiful, and all around great detail.
>>
>>44020464
It is lady Vashj from Warcraft
>>
>>44019537
it's scaly, you trap-loving fag

not that it's any good
>>
>>44020501
> you trap-loving fag
Where did this one come from?
>>
File: Mongol.jpg (200 KB, 850x1227) Image search: [Google]
Mongol.jpg
200 KB, 850x1227
>>44020523
I confused the girl you posted with a cross dresser from the same show

My mistake, have a cute Mongolian wife
>>
>>44020558
The reason I didn't watch the show is because I know how haremshit treats such characters. A pity, really.
>>
>>44020558
>you will never take a cute Mongolian archer boy as your wife
>>
>>44012290
>>44012684
Instead of a cat's tail, why not make the snek hair work like the tentacles of octopi?
>>
>>44020436
Perfect compromise:
>proper naga
>with snek hair
>with scaletits on the females
>>
>>44020436
>muh-muh-muh scaly beefcake porn
Lol okay.

Though for the record, I hate that whole "all female race that needs human males to breed" shit.
Interspecies is cute/hot because she CHOSE you despite all the differences and obstacles you'll have to deal with, not because she needs you to propagate her species
>>
>>44022229
No human woman chose you, so why do you think anyone would ever want to deal with obstacles to end up with someone like you?
>>
File: 1424877582450.gif (1003 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1424877582450.gif
1003 KB, 220x220
Question: does the carpet match the drapes?
>>
>>44022276
It's a fantasy for a reason. Well, several reasons.
>>
>>44022352
Preferably not.
>>
>>44022276
>self-inserting
Just because you are that pathetic doesn't mean everyone is, anon.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>44003167
Rollan
>>
>>44003167
>11) Become Doc Ock
>>
>>44022276
>>44022482
>implying I don't self-insert as the female
>>
>>44022652
No, we already knew you were a faggot
>>
>>43999987
The furries would worship you
>>
File: 1435706477995.jpg (65 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
1435706477995.jpg
65 KB, 523x592
>>43999987
you automatically become worst girl
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.