[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14
File: 75069_BogTrogTrawler_WEB.jpg (320 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
75069_BogTrogTrawler_WEB.jpg
320 KB, 600x600
Warmachine/Hordes general.

Reverse Fishing Edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <DOT> com / 5rkfo
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
> https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
> https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
> http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
> http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
> http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged: http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
>abridged devastation: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://ironkingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
35 point tournament coming up. playing with my CoC. who uses the PA better? mother or syntherion?
>>
>>43995603
I'd say Syntherion. That thing becomes a metal god of death on his feat turn. Not to mention Synergy.
>>
Where's NQ 63?
>>
>>43995807

In the last thread where somebody had compiled all relevant info with updated link to the pastie into separate post to make it easier for every lazy bum to copy & paste it.

A beautiful attempt, but nothing short of burglaring into peoples' houses and edit the text files on their computers with updated info is going to be enough.
>>
I am getting hooked on mercs. specifically due to this guy. I've meddled with convergence, but got pretty boring quickly (lack of variety etc)

So, where do I start with the mercs? any tips on shooting to 35pts? I think I'd like to keep it to a priate themed force.
>>
>>43995473
They should've found a way to bullshit it so the model was on a 50mm base.
>>
>>43996839
>So, where do I start with the mercs? any tips on shooting to 35pts? I think I'd like to keep it to a priate themed force.

Ok, so first off, Pirates are good. Talion Charter (the "pirate" contract) however is not, so just run pirate casters and troops in Highborn or Fourstar instead so you get access to their huge stable of awesome solos.

Now, as for Bart, you'll want to start with a Galleon and Master Gunner Dougal. Yes, the Galleon is 100% necessary, Bart just doesn't work without it. Then at 35 you'll probably grab one infantry unit (either Sea Dog Crew or Press Gangers for pirates) and then fill points with solos (Sylys is good for Bart, the various Pirate solos support the pirate unit).
>>
I've been playing this game for a long time now, since whichever book the Harbinger, Karchev, Darius and Terminus released in. I never thought I was top tier or the best in my mete, by any stretch, but I knew I wasn't the worst player at our store.

Within the last year or so I find myself getting more tilted and shit during games and I lose focus so quickly. Keep making baby tier garbage plays that lose me the game in completely win-able situations. I just don't understand what is wrong with my ability to play this game anymore.

What do you do when you have this problem, anon? I've taken breaks from the game, focused on the hobby aspect to let my mind clear out, but none of that seems to help for long periods of time.
>>
>>43997005
Hmmm If I don't wanna use colossus yet, (still pretty new to game) what would be a good configuration of jacks for him be?

Also, what is the playstyle like? charge hard, hit and run? or just shoot booming cannons and powder kegs into opponents?
>>
R8 my merc list/shopping cart

Captain Bartolo Montador
Galleon

Press Gangers (Leader and 9 Grunts)
Sea Dog Crew (Leader and 9 Grunts)
Mr. Walls Sea Dog Crew Quartermaster
Sea Dog Deck Gun
Dirty Meg
Master Gunner Dougal MacNail

I'm not 100% sure on the whole plan yet, but is it good enough to press purchase?
>>
>>43997172
>Hmmm If I don't wanna use colossus yet, (still pretty new to game) what would be a good configuration of jacks for him be?
There really isn't any point to playing Bart if you don't use a Galleon, you'll just waste a bunch of money on warjacks that you'll never ever use again once you do get it. Hell, ideally he wants to run TWO of the fuckers, but I recognize that's probably not something to just start with.

>Also, what is the playstyle like?
He puts Hot Shot on a Galleon, casts either Batten Down the Hatches (extra armor for Galleon) or Broadside (extra shot for Galleon) and laughs as his giant bipedal pirate ship blows up the world.
>>
>>43997469

Oh.. that... is NASTY.
I just did the purchase with the list on the post above. I'll have this ready for next years to start stomping everyone. (hopefully)
>>
>>43997284
>Sea Dog Deck Gun
>Dirty Meg

Ditch these.
Deck Guns are hot garbage, if you want a cannon then play Shae so you can take the Commodore Cannon.
Dirty Meg isn't bad necessarily, she just doesn't really DO anything. Usually the Galleon is either totally fine for what you need it to do, or totally dead, and in either case her Repair won't mean much.

Get First Mate Hawk and Doc Killingsworth instead, they help your Sea Dogs murder things and help them stay alive. Pirate units (Sea Dog Crew and Press Gangers) rely on their bundle of support solos to not suck, if you're gonna put the Crew on the field don't skimp on the pirate solos.
>>
>>43997284
Instead of Dirty Meg and and the Deck Gun, using Arianna and Holt would help out with both the cryx and menoth matchup.
>>
>>43997506
>>43997560
TFW Already purchased the minis.

On another note, what's the Boxed In rule? the Shanghai rule for the lass in press ganger group, i'd like to use them.... a lot... :D
>>
I have the Protectorate 2-player beginner box units, two vassals and a choir. I haven't played a game yet, but am I gonna be totally stomped everywhere because I'm using stuff lots of new players all have? Am I going to be a boring player? Nicia is next on my to-get list.
>>
>>43997872
2nd edition added levels to when a model dies; goes Disabled, Boxed, and then Destroyed. Its so special effects have an order when triggered; if something removes a model at the Boxed stage, then effects that trigger at Destroyed do not go off, since Boxed goes first, and there's no model left to be Destroyed.
>>
>>43997078
I legitimately find other games to play. I've been playing this game on and off for over 10 years. The game is best enjoyed when it's all new and fresh to you, but things always felt solvable.

The state of the game was always high stakes, but it's progressed to the point where each mistake matters more and more because there is always something uber powerful to capitalize on it. You can't always clutch in luck as a factor to survive something like in other games where the dice aren't as predictable.

I'd tell you to stop taking it seriously, but people have taken big offense to that lately. I'd ask yourself if you would tilt so hard if this were any other game.
>>
>>43997929
>am I gonna be totally stomped everywhere because I'm using stuff lots of new players all have?
No. You'll get stomped because you're new at the game. Then you play more and get better. Like in any competitive setting.

Nicia is really good btw.
>>
>>43997929
Kick the other player's metaphorical nuts.
aka. go for the caster.
it doesn't take much to take them down...
>>
>>44000933
But like... Avoiding assassination is so fucking easy when you see it coming.
>>
What exactly do I do with an Agonizer? It seems kinda shit.
>>
>>44001058
>this shitty meme again
Every effort you spend on avoiding an assassination is one you do not put towards your own threats, your scenario play or your attrition. Assassination is a threat. It's a strong tool even if you never use it.

>>44001100
Aside from having it carry your caster? Load it up on fury and annoy warjacks/warbeasts. The former will be slightly agitated that this screaming baby is somehow denying them focus. The latter will surely love hitting your Titans at -2 STR.
>>
>>44001058
Last play against the circle hippies of orororororobros he seemed to find it pretty easy with teleporting crap. :(
>>
>>44001100
shut down warjacks
>>
>>44001573
How? Do I just charge this cunt to the front lines and hope he doesn't take a hit or something? It's like the Basilisk Krea; everyone says it's great, but all I see is a tiny radius.
>>
>>44001673
If you really want to shut down a jack it doesn't matter whether or not the Agonizer dies. He did his job before the first enemy model even activated. And if you want to use the -2 STR you can keep him behind your front lines.

The Krea's aura is big enough at 2". You'll only get it on key pieces, but that's what it's there for. And with your warlock you can get 2 auras, 3 with a shaman.
>>
Is Ad-Raza worth it? I don't know it I should make an investment of 4 Dervishes.
>>
>>44001673
First and foremost, the fucker doesn't die to just some random hit. He's ARM16 and eight boxes, that is not trivial to kill.

Second, if you're stopping warjack allocation, then he does his job before your opponent gets to do anything about it. The only faction that can recover from the bastard is Convergence, and they still have to kill him first.
>>
>>44001971
Not really. Also it's not dervishes, but vigilants that you spam
>>
>>44001146
Kill the stones, or remember there's a 12" dangerzone from any Reach Heavy inside the Stone triangle.
>>
File: 20151204_182613.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151204_182613.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Whats everyone painting lately?

I'm in the middle of basing Snapjaw and Scaverous and am about to move onto my warwitch sirens, wrong eye and ragman
>>
>>44001971
amon suffers much like a lot of "faux" jack/beast casters/locks

that is, they dont seem to have everything they want in order to be a good jack/beast heavy person
>>
>>44005642
Getting off my fat lazy ass and painting some khador jacks. Ruin is going to need some love.
>>
File: 20151205_183354.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151205_183354.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>44005642
I've been putting some finishing touches on my Gatorman Posse, shitty picture but I'm pretty happy with how they're shaping up.
>>
hey, how do Croak raiders do in circle? particularly with eKreuger. are they as good as Bloodtrackers?
>>
>>44008114
They've got game, I've played against them in eKruger in fact. They don't do shit versus ashen viel satyxis, but they are very effective at killing other things
>>
>>44006266
Nice paint, but god, I just personally hate the old posse sculpts.
>>
>>44008712
better than the new ones
>>
>>44006266
Here.
>>44008712
>>44008889
I like both sculpts, but I have to say I kind of prefer the older ones.
>>
I have an event in a few weeks, I'm not sure if I should run eGaspy/pDenny, eGaspy/Terminus or Terminus/3Gaspy
>>
>>44011543
how much cygnar and Menoth do you have?
>>
>>44011589
One of each at my local shop, neither are very good. But the event is 30~ people. I'm predicting mostly Hordes honestly
>>
>>44011906
do the second paring then.
>>
File: kraken 1.jpg (86 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
kraken 1.jpg
86 KB, 528x960
>>44005642
just started my cryx army.. this and my nyss for them are first i started working on ..
>>
File: nyss hunters.jpg (71 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
nyss hunters.jpg
71 KB, 960x540
>>44013038

I need some advice for my kraken (i've already dryburshed it a bit more to hide the hard lines where the mud and rustlike area is and oil spots.

how does one do water on the bases? I kinda want to get a look like the kraken is walking out of the water on a beach (maybe a broken row boat near it.)
>>
>>44013066
>how does one do water on the bases?

maybe use one of dem diorama kits they have for dioramas and train models?
>>
File: tumblr_mkygw3ZTfI1qff9quo1_1280.jpg (932 KB, 1100x1423) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkygw3ZTfI1qff9quo1_1280.jpg
932 KB, 1100x1423
Someone teach me how to ragman.

I'm having a great deal of trouble using this guy in my Khador. If I try to play him safe, he gets left behind and contribute basically nothing. If I bring him forward, he's just killed trivially, maybe even taking out my own guys in the process if it's being shot at.
>>
>>44008889
I like the new ones, I like the gators being more cartoony.
>>
>>44013038
This I have seen. Do you have a more resent pic of your kraken?
>>
>>44014272
yes i'll take one in a few mins for ya in better light
>>
File: k1.jpg (460 KB, 1045x1858) Image search: [Google]
k1.jpg
460 KB, 1045x1858
>>44014272
incomming pic spam.

It's leaning to the side because that front leg on that side is lifted up. base will have a rock or something for it to rest on. base needs work.

i want to do something like a beach where the water meets the sand/rocks and waves might be crashing on it and the rocks/sand.
>>
File: k2.jpg (531 KB, 1045x1858) Image search: [Google]
k2.jpg
531 KB, 1045x1858
>>44014445
>>
File: k3.jpg (681 KB, 1045x1858) Image search: [Google]
k3.jpg
681 KB, 1045x1858
>>44014460
>>
File: k4.jpg (698 KB, 1045x1858) Image search: [Google]
k4.jpg
698 KB, 1045x1858
>>44014493
I think the back i might hit with 1 more shade of color on the glow areas.
>>
File: k5.jpg (712 KB, 1045x1858) Image search: [Google]
k5.jpg
712 KB, 1045x1858
>>44014516
>>
File: k6.jpg (808 KB, 1045x1858) Image search: [Google]
k6.jpg
808 KB, 1045x1858
>>44014538
Guys at the local shop say don't do more to it but i feel it might need something else to pop
>>
>>44014445
>>44014460
>>44014493
>>44014516
>>44014538
>>44014555
Its looking great, you did a good job of blending away the hard edges from the washes.

Besides cleaning up the vents surrounding the glow, I would soften/clean up the glow effect by adding a third green shade and just hints of white or yellow followed by a green wash to bring the shades together. It will make the color more uniform.

I recall that you wanted to stay away from bronze, so what I sugest is picking out the rivits and some edges with mithril/brighter silver to make the details pop. I would also paint the tubing black (highlight with slate) or whatever color. Maybe red. Idk

Regarding watter effects. Vallejo makes something called "Sandy Paste" grey wich is a fine sandy...paste. i use it for all of my basing. You can paint it when it dries and highlight it ect. For water I use some kind of train water stuff, I bet you local hobby shop has something just ask
>>
>>44014777
>mithril/brighter silver to make the details pop. I would also paint the tubing black (highlight with slate) or whatever color. Maybe red. Idk

good idea. i was thinking yellow with black wash on thhe yellow for the hoses. the hydraulics something ealse

yea definetly want to blend those 2 colors and then a touch of white on teh back glows (and glows in the stacks)

i was kinda tempted to do a black/yellow warning stripe pattern in a few spots.
>>
>>44014845
That would be a cool idea. If you do that you should paint the area yellow first. You'll have to measure out and cut strips of tape to paint on the black.

Yellow is horrible to work with you have to build up from brown kind of. GW has an awsome color called zamestri desert i think wich is a mix of brown and yellow and makes a good base (also a good base for fresh bones wich are yellow not white. The more you know)
>>
File: shaman 2.jpg (1 MB, 2197x2185) Image search: [Google]
shaman 2.jpg
1 MB, 2197x2185
>>44014918
>>That would be a cool idea. If you do that you should paint the area yellow first. You'll have to measure out and cut strips of tape to paint on the black.
>
>Yellow is horrible to work with you have to build up from brown kind of. GW has an awsome color called zamestri desert i think wich is a mix of brown and yellow and makes a good base (also a good base for fresh bones wich are yellow not white. The more you know)

good idea.

i've had alot of luck with yellows myself.

generally i paint the area white then go with yellow. Then trim arround with whatever color is arorund the yellow to clean up (in this case black stripes ontop of the yellow.

(this shaman the yellow areas were black first .. drybrush white and then the yellow layerd over the white.
>>
>>44013429
Play him with B3
Keep him near Argus and Butcher
Sucker hits off him onto B3 or the Argus

Optionally but him in B2B with a Clamjack for immunity to AOE damage too.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.