[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cube troubles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: bl.jpg (89 KB, 736x499) Image search: [Google]
bl.jpg
89 KB, 736x499
Which black token producers are worth shit? I'm having trouble filing out the slots in my non-powered cube.
>>
The best you can probably get outside of BG is 2/2 zombies, just look for the best producers of those.
>>
Pack Rat is technically a token producer.
>>
File: creakwood_liege.png (133 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
creakwood_liege.png
133 KB, 223x311
>>43993482
Virtual 3/3's ain't bad.
>>
that one legend that makes thrull tokens
abhorrent overlord
army of the damned
curse of shallow graves, maybe?
zombie infestation
ghoulcaller gisa
grave titan
syphon flesh
can't think of anymore
>>
File: 3spooky.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
3spooky.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>43993329
Pic related is pretty good in limited formats.
>>
>>43993329
Bitterblossom.
>>
File: 1436636496754.png (708 KB, 574x471) Image search: [Google]
1436636496754.png
708 KB, 574x471
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[Token]+[Put]&color=+@(+[B])

Here you go OP
>>
File: pack_rat.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
pack_rat.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
>>43993329
Pack Rat can do some work...but I'd only consider putting it in your cube if you have plentiful removal and/or board wipes.

People at my FLGS used to joke that pack rat and 39 swamps could win you a few matches of RtR draft/sealed.

In your average limited game, pack rat quickly spiraled out of control if your opponent wasn't capable of immediately answering it and wasn't fortunate enough to find a board wipe.
>>
>>43993912
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder

>>43995454
A friend of mine went 3-0 with 1 Pack Rat, 2 Stab Wound, 37 Swamp.
>>
Waste Not (1)(B) ~ Enchantment
Whenever an opponent discards a creature card, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
Whenever an opponent discards a land card, add (B)(B) to your mana pool.
Whenever an opponent discards a noncreature, nonland card, draw a card.

Skirk Ridge Exhumer (1)(B) ~ Creature (1/1) - Zombie Spellshaper (Festering Goblin)

Drudge Spell (B)(B) ~ Enchantment
(B): Exile two creature cards from your graveyard: Put a 11/1 black Skeleton creature token onto the battlefield. It has "(B): Regenerate this creature."
When Drudge Spell leaves the battlefield, destroy all Skeleton tokens. They can't be regenerated.

Lab Rats (B) ~ Sorcery
Buyback (4)
Put a 1/1 black Rat creature token onto the battlefield.

Skirsdag High Priest (1)(B) ~ Creature (1/2) - Human Cleric
Morbid -- T: Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn.

Liliana's Reaver (2)(B)(B) ~ Creature (4/3) - Zombie
Deathtouch
Whenever CARDNAME deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card and you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.

Mardu Strike Leader (2)(B) ~ Creature (3/2) - Human Warrior
Whenevr CARDNAME attacks, put a 2/1 black Warrior creature token onto the battlefield.
Dash (3)(B)
>>
>>43995454 It's not just that Pack Rat is a deck by itself.
It's that if you pick, even as a counter pick, you have a complete second deck to swap to while sideboarding.
And if it *is* your whole deck you're free to spend the rest of the draft exclusively counter-picking all of the removal.

Quest for the Gravelord (B) ~ Enchantment
Whenever a creature is put intot he battlefield, you may put a quest counter on CARDNAME.
Remove three quest counters from CARDNAME and sacrifice it: Put a 5/5 black Zombie Giant creature token onto the battlefield.

Spoils of Blood (B) ~ Instant
Put an X/X black Horror creature token onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures that died this turn.

Sacromancy (B) ~ Enchantment
When CARDNAME enters the battlefield, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are no Zombies on the battlefield, Sacromancy deals 1 damage to you.

Vile Rebirth (B) ~ Instant
Exile target creature card from a graveyard: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.

Undead Servant (3)(B) ~ Creature (3/2) - Zombie secret tech with _____
When Undead Servant enters the battlefield, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature onto the battlefield for each card named Undead Servant in your graveyard.
>>
>>43994068
>skeleton vampire
>creature- Vampire Skeleton
WHY AM I LAUGHING SO HARD?
>>
File: 110.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
110.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>43997775
C'mon son, it's Skeletal Vampire. When there are actual cards with same name and type.
>>
What's a good amount of removal, counterspells, and combat tricks for a medium-powered 360-card cube? I built a cube from primarily one block (Kamigawa) and I've received a few complaints that there's not enough removal.

For an idea on the power level, exactly one-third of the cube is rare cards and the rest are nonrare. I included a few weird, build-around-me cards but almost no deliberately-bad cards. Even the weakest samurai can get really buff with tribal shenanigans and red has a common 2-drop named Blademane Baku which can deal huge amounts of damage
>>
>>43998708
My list, by the way: http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcurve/16569

It hasn't been updated in a while but I counted about 10 interactive "kill spells" per color, which for white means pacifism effects and combat tricks, blue means bounce and counterspells, black means everything has a conditional rider like hitting nonblack creatures, etc. One of my initial goals with the cube was to make it creature-based, fast, and provide interesting board states. So, for example, while blue doesn't have a whole lot of counterspells it does get some good defenders and ninjas for when the opponent lets his guard down.

The problem I've seen come up a few times is that a single bomb-y legendary can steal the game, and the cube has a fair number of bombs. Kumano, Master Yamabushi has been particularly good at killing anything threatening on the field OR pinging an opponent to death. I've also seen a Kira, Great Glass Spinner on the same side of the field as Day of Destiny and then I just don't know WHAT anyone can do against that except out-race it.
>>
>>43993329
Sengir Autocrat can be put to good use.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.