[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bring back the fucking Emperor, the small-time characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: Emps.jpg (831 KB, 1178x960) Image search: [Google]
Emps.jpg
831 KB, 1178x960
Just bring back the fucking Emperor, the small-time characters are boring as fuck.
>>
But he's still there though. Also it were the Primarchs and their second in commands who were interesting during the Heresy not the Emperor.
>>
File: Kohn.jpg (92 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Kohn.jpg
92 KB, 250x250
>>43992846

Your post makes you seem a petulant, entitled little brat having a tantrum.

So, how's college life treating you, Snowfake?
>>
>>43994023
Do you intentionally try to imitate a bratty high school girl or are you just naturally like that?
Genuine question.
>>
This entire thread is an opinion piece.
>>
>>43994174
Maybe its a bot. it seems like you could write a program to just randomly reply to any post on 4chan with statements like that and it would always work.
>>
File: 1433209050252.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1433209050252.gif
3 MB, 480x360
He will be back reincarnated in the body of Roboute Guilliman when Terra falls.
>>
>>43994540

When Terra falls literally every other system will already be dead.
>>
>>43992846
If he came back then humanity would win immediately, relaunch the great crusade and roflstomp everything
>>
File: SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg (88 KB, 581x1022) Image search: [Google]
SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg
88 KB, 581x1022
>>43992846
You're right, we should bring the Emperor back.

Just not the fucking Emperor. That guy had no ability to focus on matters of state.
>>
File: Coolest Beakie around.jpg (183 KB, 900x950) Image search: [Google]
Coolest Beakie around.jpg
183 KB, 900x950
>>43992846
How about no? The Emperor coming back is the Imperium's win condition.
Besides, I love those "small-time" characters more than the Emperor. Emps and all the Horus Heresy stuff is boring compared to 40k.
Then again, I'm a Xenos player so what do I know?
>>
Is the Emperor returning really a win condition? How would the Emperor react to the zealout and moribund Imperium? How would the Imperium react when someone claims that he's the Emperor reincarnated and displays different believes than the rest of the Imperium?
>>
>>43995138

But Sigmar is back anon, he has his own game and everyything.
>>
>>43995501
>How would the Emperor react to the zealout and moribund Imperium?
"I'm not a God. Don't worship me. Don't deify m- what is this I hear about a STATE RELIGION?"

>How would the Imperium react when someone claims that he's the Emperor reincarnated and displays different believes than the rest of the Imperium?
[Inquisitorial PFFFFT]
>>
>>43994963
Just like fantasy right?
>>
>>43995501
The Emperor coming back still fucks over the entirety of Humanity. When Magnus the Red broke through the massive psychic barrier the Emperor had placed around Terra and the webway project to keep it safe in order to try and warn the Emperor about Horus falling to Chaos (which he learned about in a vision given to him by Tzeentch no less), he unintentionally created a warp rift that allowed thousands of Daemons of all shapes and sizes to begin pouring through it STRAIGHT into the Imperial Palace and that part of the Webway. The Emperor has been holding back that warp rift from growing and eclipsing all of the Sol system in one new eye of terror that would make the old one look like a pimple on the face of the galaxy. The only time after the warp rift appeared that he stopped holding it closed was when Malcador the Sigilite took his place for a small time to hold it closed, the even completely destroying him even though he was the most powerful Human Psyker alive and second only to the Emperor in sheer Psychic power. So in short, the moment the Emperor dies or gets off that throne, unless he is given some incredible mcguffin, the Imperium and Humanity itself is fucked.
>>
>>43995954
That's just what they want. Kill the Emperor to give chaos a new eye of terror. From there either the imperium struggles even more to survive, or crumbles. Probably leads to separated factions of humanity, all isolated from one another. Queue Macragge becoming the new Terra, and Calgar the new Emperor who launches a new crusade to unite humanity.
>>
Aren't the Tyranids and Chaos about to clash on Terra? Maybe a new Eye of Terror could be aborted by the Shadow of the Warp.
>>
>>43997065
They'll probably never fucking get there. I haven't heard of anything bad happening in the Segmentum Solar, let alone the actual Sol system, since the heresy. They'll never let anything bad go near their holiest planet - they'd let Cadia fall first.
>>
>>43992846
Making the Emperor and the Primarchs prominent characters was the worst thing they ever did to 40K. It's some Reality TV drama-tier shit.
>>
>>43995879
So just like if the emperor had a text to speech device?
>>
I still want the two Lost Primarchs to comeback and fix a lot of the Imperiums problems.
>>
>>43992846
Is ADB still slated to write Master of Mankind? The longer we put that off the better.
>>
>>43995138
Sigmar's one of the lost primarchs, anon.
>>
>>43995879
The Big E is able to inspire people and has done it during the last 10000 years. If He didn't want a state religion, there would be none.
>>
>>43995954
I've never seen any kind of proof that this isn't just headcanon.

>>43995501
They would know it's the Emperor, because at that point every human is an ultra strong and uncomfortable psyker. If humanity didn't evolve and the Emperor is killed, Chaos wins automatically.
>>
>>43995138

Sigmar can't even beat WHFB Abaddon 1v1.
>>
>>43995138
How the fuck did he cut the orc's head off with a hammer?
>>
>>44000839
He has that little sword.
>>
>>44000849
My bad, didn't see it till you pointed it out
>>
>>43995501
He'll don his golden Armor, get his personal army of golden people (aka. the Custodes) back together, walks over to the High Lords of Terra an proceeds to kick the Ecclesiarch and the highest-ranking Inquisitor he can find in the ass. Then he calls to all the Chapter Masters of his Space Marines, and orders them to come to the Imperial Palace, where they witness his glorious flowing locks and general goldness. With the Space Marines back under his commands, he brings the IG and the Governors of the Imperium back in line, flys over to the Eye of Terror, beats Failbaddon with his feet (You may now call him Abaddon the limbless). Then he brings in some Necrons to close off the Eye of Terror, get Eldrad to help him with the Webway, in exchange for kicking Slaaneshs butt so hard, that not even the Prince of Excess could enjoy it. After that is done, he'll order the Mechanicus to produce the biggest can of Space Raid ever and kills off the Tyranids. The next step is, to point the Orks and the remaining Necrons to the next galaxy, where faaaaaar more live is, that they can eradicate/fight. So, who's left? The Tau, of course. If they don't submit to the Imperium, now that the Emperor himself is back, he will obliterate them. It'll be like the Great Crusade again, only smaller and much faster.

After everything is done, he gets himself some Eldar booty and gets a neat tan on the beach.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true. This is, what will happen if he actually comes back. The Great Crusade has already shown what humanity is capable of, as long as not everything is completely grimderp, and someone with a little bit of competence takes charge.
>>
>>44001039
Eldrad is dead.
>>
>>43992846
If they wanna bring someone back, how about Rowboat? Russ? Khan? Lion?

On a side note, if all the living loyal primachs woke up/ healed/ came back, what would happen? How would the imperium change or react etc
>>
File: eternal crusade feedback.png (63 KB, 986x129) Image search: [Google]
eternal crusade feedback.png
63 KB, 986x129
>>43992846
I wish I could live long enough to see him back in action.

Or rot away completely.
>>
>>43995138
Your picture is misleading. Surely you meant "bring back the rightful emperor Karl-Franz I Holswig-Schliestein, prince of Altdorf and Count of the Reikland"?

Or better yet, his elected successor.
>>
>>44001521
Retconned friendo, be's still kicking about
>>
>>43995501

How did he react towards Lorgar back in the day? Right, he smashed his temples to dust.

Could be an incredible twist to the whole "Emprah is back"-Event if it ever comes.
Whole Imperium is cheering and big E is starting to purge all religious bullshit.
>>
>>43999627
At least its ADB writing it and not McNeil or one of the even worse "writers" they have.
>>
>>43999863
Shortstory "The sigilite" mentions the sealed doors inside the warp and the emperor and the custodes/sisters fighting inside.
>>
>>44000849
>>44000839
He ripped it off with his bare hands.
obviously.
>>
>>44001039
>Then he brings in some Necrons to close off the Eye of Terror, get Eldrad to help him with the Webway

That, the Emperor would never do. He never would do anything with Xenos other than killing them.
>>
>>43995501

All humanity would bend over if Emperor awakened, both because they'd have to and because they'd most likely do it willingly. The fuck is some high lord going to do if E-money was to enter the room?
>>
>>43997042
> macragge becomes new imperium
> calgar new emperor
Matt wards wet dream.
>>
So is the Emperor a confirmed perpetual?

>>43999863
>uncomfortable psyker
That should be incorruptible, fucked up

>>44003853
I'd prefer Abnett, I like his version the most. Makes the Emperor a ruler that isn't retarded, and only ruthless when he has to be. ADB sucks way too much Chaos cock tbqh
>>44003878
But that is during the Heresy, right? He could have managed to close it by the time the Siege of Terra happens.
>>
>>43995501

He'd be anything from completely agreeing with it to wanting to completely destroy it and restart from scratch.

Personally, I think he's just the first dude to be made into a space marine and he isn't anything special and would just be a hero piece and nothing would change except he'd have a new faction or space marine chapter possibly.

Except that humanity would be told by him that they didn't need his body to travel the warp, and they were doing it by their own force of will all along. Because the true Emperor is in their heart.
>>
>>44004014
Nowadays its Abnett who sucks Girlymans dick the most.
>>
>>44004109
>But that is during the Heresy

Right. there might be more, but i have yet to read it.
>>
File: 1442604311890.jpg (616 KB, 1200x779) Image search: [Google]
1442604311890.jpg
616 KB, 1200x779
>>44004113
I like this.

Given the way belief works in 40k it might end up being true.

Navigators no longer skitter about the Warp looking fearfully for the one bright light in a sea of nightmares trying to avoid the attention of minnows let alone sharks.

Now they kick open the doors to the Sea of Souls, smash half a bottle on the counter and ask if anyone has any fucking problems. Nobody has hardly ever any fucking problems.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.