[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You will never be a player >You will never run something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1435417643985.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435417643985.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>You will never be a player
>You will never run something the players don't want to play
>>
Why would I want to? I enjoy DMing more than playing.
>>
>>43992100
Whattaya running, fampai?
>>
>>43992194

Nothing because my group didn't want to play anything that wouldn't let them optimize out the ass and murderhobo everything.
The group disbanded when I told them that if they didn't want to play what I felt like running one of them should do it.
>>
>>43992408
Sucks bruh. None of them wanted to step up?
>>
>>43992100
I'll play online with you.
>>
>>43992667

It basically went like this.

>"Guys I really don't want to run anymore Pathfinder. Not unless I can really change things up and go in a new direction than our previous games. There are a ton of different games or even different ways to play this specific one."
>"Oh Anon, don't be silly. We're having so much fun with these kinds of games!"
>"Well I'm not. If you really want to keep playing these kinds of session, one of YOU host."
>Chat goes quiet
>People just start leaving it and going invisible
>>
>>43992777

That's one of the saddest things for a GM. My group also disbanded when I pointed out that literally all of them were having fun except me, the guy who had to constantly remind them that their round was up and deal with all of their OOC questions about my heavily improvised homebrew.

They all loved playing but none of them could swallow responsibility or even basic table etiquette. I finally cracked after one showed up drunk and get belching into his mic on Roll20 (since despite my constant organizing efforts, none of them could get their unemployed asses together).

So bitter.
>>
Can this be a /tg/ feels thread?

>looking for a new group of players
>The people that all show up are people who only want to play because they saw D&D on big bang theory.
>>
>>43992100
>In 1984, Bergen County, New Jersey, police blamed the deaths of two teenage
> brothers on D&D. “My understanding is that once you reach a certain point
> where you are the master, your only way out is death,” the police chief
> told the Bergen County Record.

It sucks to be ForeverDM.
>>
File: 1440822088483.gif (324 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1440822088483.gif
324 KB, 500x282
>>43993002

That's just horrible. And kind of disgusting, honestly.
I really hate reminding people on initiative. People that aren't paying attention during combat ruin the experience.

>>43993046

Why. Where did you meet these people.

I'd offer to play with you fellow /tg/ people, but...
Well chances are none of us would be compatible.
Probably wouldn't want to do the same systems, might not like the kinds of characters and art we use for portraits...
You know how it is.
>>
>have a group of players
>all of them have harsh jobs with uneven hours, including me
>we all struggle together to find a moment to play
>like, one of our players is a doctor and takes a 10 hour trip just to get to my home and play with us, just to leave the next morning
>we find a moment to play
>the only unemployed guy tells us 2 hours before playing that he can't come
>"lol im camping with my friends now xd"

Third strike, Paul.
>>
>>43992777
Holy shit, invisible? You play with superheroes?
>>
File: do you not.jpg (49 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
do you not.jpg
49 KB, 500x313
>>43993167
>>
>>43993167
>not playing TRPG with superheroes

What university did you go to? Minion state college?
>>
>>43993002
>They all loved playing but none of them could swallow responsibility or even basic table etiquette. I finally cracked after one showed up drunk and get belching into his mic on Roll20 (since despite my constant organizing efforts, none of them could get their unemployed asses together

I know that feeling. I'm trying to get up the willpower to try to get my group together after a long hiatus, but the last three months of trying to get people to show up or at least tell me in advance they couldn't make it was so draining I'm having a hard time.

>>43993046

That shit didn't happen.

And even if it did, I'd be pretty fucking happy about it, because maybe some non-neckbeards would be close enough to competent adult that they'd know how to plan ahead and not miss a session because "oh I forgot I'm playing vidya lolz"
>>
>>43993167

Yeah man, you wouldn't believe what a dick some of these guys are. Green Lantern insists on using ring construct dice which always HAPPEN to get good roles.
Fucking assclowns
>>
>>43993192
You got something to say against MC? My family's all graduated from there with highest honors in a Major in Dungeon Keeping. My dad worked his bones off to to maintain the best dungeon that's owned by M'lkar, The Hungered. Know how Mr. M'lkar rewarded his hard work? Turned him into a lich and made him a general in his undead army.

Yeah, just cause we don't want into your fancy U of A don't mean we won't move up in the world!
>>
>get fed up with being railroaded onto the plot in all previous games
>man up and run games that group wants to play
>let them make their own story,explore the world/universe
>only develop a plot for when they get bored
>they love it

Then I got an extra 4 hours added to my work day and couldnt plan for games like used to. Old gms took over and we have been on the plot train ever since. I threatened to stop coming last game when the gm retconned what we did the session before to fit his plot for the third time. This was after I got ignored when I mentioned it didnt match my notes, or another player's last time I mentioned it.
>>
>>43993320
MC it's not a real school, bro. Its major are mere excuses to that they have a football team, have you even read their curriculum? Hell, in Mathematics 101 for the curriculum of Dungeon Biologist you don't really deal with real maths, you use logic, how do you expect to create a freaking gelatinous cube through -logic-?

I mean, no offense bro, I'm glad that your dad got promoted to a lich, he's a real hero in this harsh adventuring economy, but I must say that MC doesn't give you the tools to build a good dungeon. I've met a lot of guys coming from there and none of them knew how to make a secret door.
>>
>>43993130
What the fuck happened to this post causing the random >
>>
>>43994223

'Em are quote marks, son. It green-ulates the textuals you're quotifyin'.
>>
>>43993817
Fuck off.
>>
>>43994404
No need to get bitter. Who knows, maybe even someone like you could get a dub, or maybe this 4
>>
>>43993333
Quads for good GMing, this is how you get players invested and have fun.

Shedding a single tear at the knowledge I'll probably never get this without DMing it myself.
>>
File: 1445755534599.png (107 KB, 314x314) Image search: [Google]
1445755534599.png
107 KB, 314x314
>>43993164
This makes me fucking mentally unstable. One guy in my group does this as well, and he goes and finds some faggot to fuck TEN FIXING MINUTES BEFORE GAMETIME and tells us he isn't coming. He then asks us all an hour later if we wanna go see a movie. I hate him with a burning passion now. He will never play in my games again.
>>
>>43993164

You kicked this asshole out, right?
>>
>>43995123
>pic
what the hell? harpy's first footjob?
>>
>>43995316
The only session left is the campaign's end.
Once we're done with it, I'll kick him out for the next campaign.
>>
>>43993521
It really is sad, but it's just that the villainous side of the Adventuring Economy is filled by Overlords that want to do everything themselves, and are only looking into minions to act as their ablative shield, some good courses if your looking for a job are the ones in the Combat Arts curriculum, and the Minion Overlord Relations classes one buddy of mine went on to be the union head for Dark Lord Bahn Rey
>>
>>43995539
>those overlords giving hero jobs to their own "chosen ones"

Man, how are we supposed to make a market if it's controlled by a handful of liches that have been around for the last couple of millennium? Local villains can't grow thanks to them and have to take minion jobs while they're overqualified
>>
>>43993164
>one of our players is a doctor and takes a 10 hour trip

Y'all know Roll20 exists, right?
>>
>>43993220
Tell me about it. Never let Hulk play a wizard, he may not look like much, but he's the vilest offender of munchkinning and min-maxing I ever seen to the point where he just pretty much says everything is now his bitch for all eternity and even elder gods can't do shit except piss themselves.

Tony Stark likes playing rigger on Shadowrun, but only 4E just because more splats and Run Faster rules, just don't consider power armor as a form of vehicle, no matter what he says

Oh, and Wolverine is typical That Guy, as one would expect
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (87 KB, 620x686) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
87 KB, 620x686
>Have an exciting idea about running an exploration/tomb raider style campaign in one of my favorite settings
>gather artwork for it and figure out that pathfinder with spheres of power replacing the magic system works nicely
>remember that the friends I play with always just make heavily optimized, empty shell characters with no real motivation or personality beyond stroking the players powerboner
>remember that last session they were trying to troll/curse/murder each other over loot disputes.

Just kill me.

May actually just run it online for you /tg/. You guys are gross and autistic but at least you care.
>>
>Spent days worth of time planning a JoJo campaign for two friends who are into both TT and JoJo.
>Inform them that I'm going to do this before I even get that serious into planning, casually mention making up their own stand ideas and they seem excited for it.
>Later, I ask them about making up their stands, and the one says "I can't stand out by being ridiculous in the setting, so I don't want to play."

At least I didn't go any deeper in the plotting stage, then I'd have actually been upset.
>>
>>43996057
>tfw playing with superman
>rolling behind my GM screen
>Nat 20
>Know this will lead to a TPK, so just say it missed
>Supes doesn't say anything but he shakes his head in disappointment

I always feel so guilty.
>>
>>43996062

Listen, just do this.
Make a junk email.
Post the add and leave the email for people.
Filter all the power gaming autists out.
Anyone that seems like they are going to be annoying or stupid you can just leave out. Countless people will email you.
>>
>>43992100
I know that feel bro.
I've threatened my party a couple of times, let me play or I'll leave. What happened every time is that the substitute DM flaked out after one game, we got on hiatus for months, and we had to go back to the start of me running or no games.

The worst part of it is knowing that no DM around here is as good as me.
>>
>>43993046
And here I am, looking for a group since forever and can't find shit.
>>
>>43996062
I'll play with you anon
>>
>>43996199
But if you get a lead-lined screen, he doesn't say anything, but he sulks. Visibly. It's kind of a Catch-22 with that guy.
>>
File: image.png (425 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
425 KB, 405x600
>>43995353
Someone in the monster musume threads had some fanfiction that that harpy (Papi) is some cold blooded assassin.
>>
>>43993002
I know this feel. My party slowly fell apart. Everyone moved out of the city, we moved to roll20, campaigns got stale, people started zoning out and flaking. One dude decided not to play right at the starting time, because he could go to the mall with his mom. That's the point where I knew we were only fooling ourselves. Our last campaign was the downright worst one we played, too. Left a shitty taste in my mouth.

But when we just got started it was so much fucking fun. None of us knew what we were doing, but shit worked.
>>
>>43993164
>one of our players is a doctor
oh god I still have hope

well at least after residency
>>
>>43996057
>be me
>decide to GM for domino, longshot, scarlet witch, black cat and my buddy Dave
>everyone always rolls 20, except Dave who always rolls 1s
>>
>>43996057
>went to hang out with Cyclops
>he keeps going on and on about his ex
>after a while he changes subjects to warhammer
>ask him to show me his collection
>mfw it's all redhead eldar farseer chicks
>mfw no face
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.